Welcome To mikeshinoda.com

January 5, 2007

Welcome to mikeshinoda.com.

This is not just a site where I post about the various projects in which I’m involved (Linkin Park, Fort Minor, music production, art shows). Here, you will also see tips for musicians about how to record and promote your material, exciting art that I’ve come across, and various other cultural tidbits that I hope will enhance your day, week, or more.

Above all, I’m here as a fan.

Here are the basics: I try to post on the BLOG as often as my schedule allows. Occasionally, one of my “guest correspondents” make a contribution (you’ll see their name if they do), but it’s usually just me.

The comments section under each post is open to your ideas and reactions.  By the way, I like to respond to your comments from time to time. I don’t respond to thoughtless, mean, or generic stuff, so keep it smart.  If you think a comment here isn’t appropriate, I encourage you to start a thread on the Linkin Park Message Board (and maybe comment here with a link to it, so everyone here can check out what you have to say).

You’ll find images of my art shows–plus collaborations and other art I’ve done–in the ART section, photos in PHOTOS, and videos in VIDEOS.

Portions of proceeds in the STORE benefit my scholarship at Art Center College of Design and Music For Relief, among others. Check the item description for details.

I’m very grateful for those of you who link to mikeshinoda.com when you enjoy an image or post. All I ask is that you credit this site when you re-post or link, and don’t crop the pictures if you can help it.

For those who want to subscribe, my RSS feed is here:

The things I put here are my thoughts and opinions, not necessarily those of the rest of the band. I don’t post anywhere outside the Linkin Park Network, so if you’ve heard otherwise, don’t believe the hype.

Thanks for visiting, see you soon…

1. rotlikelp on January 26, 2011 at 8:32 am

mike or whoever help me please.put sub-title english in linkinparktv’s video.
    are you understand me? I am Thai people my english a little bit.

I like,love,respect everybody in linkinpark brand

2. dimhouse on September 16, 2010 at 3:51 am

I just got A Thousand Suns from itunes yesterday!
    Thank you Linkin Park for putting out an incredible eclectic album. The sound is so different, I’ve never heard anything like it, it’s a blow of fresh air in my grunge, punk, metal saturated ears.
    When I started to read articles with words like “groundbreaking”, “concept” about the new album, I was so afraid the new album would sound like something from a certain musician who dresses as a bird in a red carpet…
    I think Linkin Park shouldn’t be labeled a rock band anymore. The new sound doesn’t fit in any specific category, it’s just unbelievable creative and pleasant to listen to.
    Congrats for the excellent work.

3. AndrewL. on April 5, 2010 at 10:58 am

Nice…………..

4. Mikeshi_Linkfort on November 18, 2008 at 7:03 am

Mike! Yours blog one of the sites most visited by me!

5. Hawaii_LP_fan on November 17, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Huh? Haha, that was interesting…in a random sort of way. I think you’re working too hard Mr. Mike. Hope you’re getting lots of rest. Reading the comments below, I think you’ve managed successfully to throw a mind wrench at ALL of us. It looks like you’re speaking in morse code…haha. Have a wonderful day/night. P.S. Were you a stand-in camera dude filming the sedge thingmabob? THEN I think this blog you posted would make sense. BUT if you were being cereal educating us on this printing edit program then my bad! haha, sorry couldn’t resist! peace! :o)

6. lynndarwinharris on November 17, 2008 at 4:24 pm

okay………….. interesting

7. Mickey on November 17, 2008 at 4:22 pm

blink
    I think I would’ve understood more, if you had typed up random words in Japanese, man. Very random…and very confusing. Lorem Ipsum? That sounds like something you should see a doctor about. 8P

8. EpilepticChickenScratch on November 17, 2008 at 4:09 pm

…~blinks~

Well, if that wasn’t the most interesting thing I’ve read all day.

9. asaulp on November 17, 2008 at 3:30 pm

I was on my way to school this morning (at around 9), and I heard Stryker say that you were going to be in the studio that afternoon; were you there (I was in school during that time, so I wouldn’t know)? If you were, what’d you discuss? Post something about that! Maybe conversation snippets and whatnot; did you give Stryker a hard time again? (: (referring to Loveline when you, Chester, and Sam from The Bravery were talking about Projekt Revolution 2008) Have a nice day😀
    EDIT: I just checked kroq.com, and indeed, you were in the studio..😀 Or maybe that was from an earlier time..

10. Stepha on November 17, 2008 at 3:28 pm

uh, okay.

11. Sonia_LPrnway_ on November 17, 2008 at 3:20 pm

huh?? O.o now i’m confused, lol!

oh well, i just learned something new!😛

googles Lorem Ipsum

12. cuz on November 17, 2008 at 3:07 pm

Didn’t know about that before. Good night. It’s just after midnight here in Poland🙂

13. tyrhiujn on November 17, 2008 at 2:40 pm

what a copy-and-paster! is this a riddle?

14. Mycophycophyta on November 17, 2008 at 1:57 pm

Is this responding to certain comment?

15. Carla on November 17, 2008 at 1:56 pm

I’m sure I’m not going blind, but did I just see this entry? At least you explained Lorem Ipsum to me. I learned something new today!