rob dyrdek

December 19, 2007

the movie is called “street dreams” — it’s a film centering around a skater, his fight against other peoples’ expectations of him, and his passion for skateboarding. i contributed a little music for it (just one musical bit). the movie turned out great. it hasn’t been picked up by a movie house yet, but i hope it does; those guys worked their asses of on it.

many of you may know rob from the MTV show, “rob and big.” i’ve had the pleasure of getting to know rob over the past few years. he and big are one of the funniest things i have seen on TV in forever.

incidentally, rob also gave me a sneek peek into the upcoming season of his MTV show. let’s just say he’s got big things planned for his “bobby light” character. it should also be mentioned that rob currently holds 21 world records for skateboarding. amazing. check these photos out, courtesy of mr. dyrdek himself:

1. twinkletoes9 on December 31, 2007 at 8:52 pm

I love Rob and Big. I can’t wait untill the new season starts. I went out and bought my first deck because of that show. Its never too late to learn. Rob is from Kettering, Ohio which is just a few minutes away from me. The skate park is awsome! Keep on Rockin Mike!

2. YourConscience on December 25, 2007 at 10:37 pm

They are the cutest little family though, aren’t they? Freakin’ Meaty is possibly the best part. He’s a better skater then I’ll ever be. Hehe… My bulldogs look up to him, I think. They’re learning to skateboard, too… 🙂

3. ShadowerLiltani on December 21, 2007 at 11:22 pm

I “heart” rob and big. That show is mad funny. I’m not home enough to watch it anymore though…

4. mVi on December 21, 2007 at 4:57 am

i didnt reli like the show rob and big! but it s cool anyway! when will that film be out? i wanna hear some music from MS!!

5. ColorScheming on December 20, 2007 at 11:28 pm

Thats cool as hell. That show is the fucking shit! hilarious! I didn’t know he held 21 world records though. thats amazing.

6. K3vV on December 20, 2007 at 5:06 pm

the bobby light episode was hilarious! especially when big said he wanted to rap in every bathroom in the house for the video! i love that show

7. michaela on December 20, 2007 at 11:10 am

im posting comment a lot i know.
    do you wanna see what is really funny? im sure you have never seen anything that funny!
    mike, please, watch it. i guarantee that it is F-U-N xD

8. kellz on December 20, 2007 at 10:04 am

[center]you lucky ass.

no fair.

why can’t I meet him? D:

9. nillp on December 20, 2007 at 9:46 am

LP US TOUR 2008 click here

just passing as usual..

love ya ~ ♥

mk’nil

10. jenshinoda on December 20, 2007 at 7:57 am

hi mike!!!! i’m laura.. i’m italian.. excuse me for my bad english..
    when you come in italy? maybe in heineken jamin festival….:) please!!!!!!! i want to meet you mike!!!! can you to Satisfy me? kisssss

11. Aakashaa on December 20, 2007 at 6:04 am

hh, Rob Dyrdek…cool guy:D I love Rob and Big on MTV..:D

12. affelay on December 20, 2007 at 5:56 am

what is the lpu7 playlist?

13. michaela on December 20, 2007 at 3:58 am

now when i see MSGIRL´s question, i have to ask…is it true that you and Anna adopted a dog back in the day…boxer named Alec? if yes, i have to day…that is so cool. i love people who do things like this. you´re the best😉

14. NurBACK on December 20, 2007 at 3:08 am

Mike,yesterday i’ve seen trailer for “You Don’t Mess with the Zohan”,and on background played “Second To None”🙂

15. maria on December 20, 2007 at 1:45 am

and sorry for disturbing you here, I wish you a merry (coming) christmas and a happy new year (again coming).

16. maria on December 20, 2007 at 1:43 am

Good afternoon, Mike! I think it’s really interesting, well I found this video rather interesting to watch and so on. And one thing what do you think about such phrase as “love is a phylosophy of life”, do you agree with it? I was just wondering).

17. msgirl on December 20, 2007 at 1:39 am

hi….mikey…:) i have a question for u…:) 1.do u know japanese very well? could u translate the words in ur site to english?it’s under the mike shinoda.com please answer it…:) one question again …:) do u have any dogs? i hope u answer these questions ….have a nice day…..and merry christmas…happy new year…:) greetings for others anna

18. marusyan on December 19, 2007 at 11:47 pm

hi mike
    sorry for offtopic
    just wanted to know what do you think about Yoshiki

isn’t he gifted?

19. seijin on December 19, 2007 at 9:21 pm

Yea, that show looks pretty funny… can’t wait to see it. Hey mike when are you going to start producing some tv??? We all know you can write! BTW Thats funny that you had your little bro do the jp on your site, yea it is kakkoii.

Stay you brotha…

-st

20. paneska on December 19, 2007 at 8:55 pm

does he have a pony like a pet?? wow! great! i’d like to have one🙂 this season seems fun!

21. nillp on December 19, 2007 at 8:38 pm

i’m so confused of which cause i should vote.. all three are really great..!

but any one who wins, will be fucking great…!

love ya ~ ♥

mk’nil

22. akitagirl on December 19, 2007 at 6:25 pm

Rob and Big is hilarious!!!! My fav is the bulldog!

23. iveen on December 19, 2007 at 5:51 pm

first of all , i hope mike read my comment [i think he read some comments]. i heard that this two guys are pretty funny specialy big, but thats not the point of this, i’ve been waiting for 7 years to watch my favourite band ever live. I’m mexican and i just wanna know if you’re gonna be here next year YA QUIERO VERLOS, tell me please, as a secret, a heard that you’re gonna be playin in latin america after february, it’s that true?
    By the way, you’re my favourite MC, but keep working cause lupe is closer to you
    iveen/lp/fm/ms/lf

24. DaniShinoda on December 19, 2007 at 4:23 pm

Hahahahaha that’s hilarious. I wanna see them because I didn’t know.. and congrats 4 you participarion there. Amazing!
    Post more fun videos!

Love!

25. twix on December 19, 2007 at 1:46 pm

I had a feeling you were friends with Rob because I could have swore he was was in your “Remember The Name” music video!😉 Plus, Rob’s part of the “DC” company?

I love the Rob & Big show! They are definitely funny guys. I watch their show just for the laughs. Although my favorite character in the show is their bulldog!! Hehehe! Have you ever met Rob’s dog, Mike?? Don’t really like the pony though and I have no idea why Rob wanted the pony. LOL.

That’s awesome he’s going to have a new movie. Hopefully a movie company can pick it up and it’s in a theater near us soon!!

26. SandraD06 on December 19, 2007 at 11:42 am

hahaha…. I love Rob & Big. its one of the most hilarious shows ever
    in MTV history!!! lol i can’t wait to see season 3. its going to be awesome!!!!
    plus i also can’t wait to see season 2 of Life Of Ryan. i think he’s so hot! lol
    ^-^

27. nillp on December 19, 2007 at 11:37 am

honestly, i’ve never seen rob and bigs’ show until now.. but i found some videos at youtube, and this show is hilarious..!

and i hope to watch street dreams..!

btw, rob was at gallery 1988, wasn’t he?!

love ya ~ ♥

mk’nil

28. CMPRBJ12 on December 19, 2007 at 11:30 am

Hey Mike and everyone!! I live in polen and i dont know who is a Rob because in polnisch MTV not have this program , but I think that this guy is funy so i like him!!

29. Umi on December 19, 2007 at 11:17 am

is it just my computer or are these pics really… bigger than their number of pixels should make them?^^’
    if it’s just my computer, than sry… if not… geez, mike, u gotta have photoshop or sth to make them smaller, i can’t even see the guy’s face in the 2nd one <XD’

greetz

Umi

30. shan1105 on December 19, 2007 at 10:16 am

Can’t wait to see new season of rob & big, they are hilarious and one of the funniest episodes is with “bobby light” Can’t wait to see what’s next

31. MelMinerva on December 19, 2007 at 9:32 am

I dunno whether you’ll read this, but I thought it would be funny for christmas. If you watch, make a decision which “version” is better. Have fun!

merry christmas

32. Sei_Ryoku16 on December 19, 2007 at 9:31 am

Rob & Big……..both are funny and Rob is amazing! I’ve seen this on the German MTV a few times…
    The mini horse is soo cute….. =)

33. Y_ on December 19, 2007 at 9:11 am

i saw only a couple of the episodes when i was on biz trip to the us. they’re hilarious🙂

passion project?? sounds cool! hope to see street dreams😉

the pics are sooo fuzzy, btw.

34. bilette on December 19, 2007 at 8:57 am

ohh yeee!! I’ve already seen him on MTV!! that’s verry cool!!
    I love the DOG!! I think “Meaty’ is it’s name….

35. Mel on December 19, 2007 at 8:42 am

coool that’s hilarious !!!!!! Be honest I never saw Rob’s show until now but it is kind of “Jackass” isnt it ?

36. Jhuryn on December 19, 2007 at 8:26 am

I love Rob & Big but I think Meaty and the mini horse are the real stars =0)~

37. merve on December 19, 2007 at 7:34 am

cool post mike!tnx for sharing us….
    take care urself..🙂
    btw,you guys have any plan to come to Turkey in 2008??

38. AS_21 on December 19, 2007 at 7:33 am

sk8boarding is really hard… unfortunately…

39. AS_21 on December 19, 2007 at 7:28 am

yeah… Rob RLZ…. xD

40. Daga280 on December 19, 2007 at 7:17 am

respect Rob ^^

41. NessyNezz on December 19, 2007 at 7:16 am

oh poor pony! but its funny xD

42. linkinparc on December 19, 2007 at 7:15 am

oh that’s cool!

the first time I saw his show, and they told that it’s in California and he was wearing DC all the time, I knew that you must know him =D

hey mike can you skateboard? or are you as good as big ^^

ana

43. nataku on December 19, 2007 at 7:05 am

man, he looks similar to that actor michael rapaport.
    rob was at your art show, right?

44. ffmuteki9 on December 19, 2007 at 6:58 am

Mike, do you still remember these?

those videos were in Japan, Taiwanese journalist went to Japan and had a interview with you. I remember I saw the news back then, i was really excited.

and i, of course, did go to FM and LP’s concert here in Taiwan, and these two concerts are also my only two concert in my life.

and here’s you with a hand puppet http://p0.p.pixnet.net/albums/userpics/0/5/75705/114122313917.jpg

45. OceanBiscuit on December 19, 2007 at 6:46 am

i dont know this guy well,actually,but i think i quite like this guy……..and…good job indeed:)

46. Shani on December 19, 2007 at 6:12 am

I love Rob, he’s a good guy indeed, and Rob&Big is one of the best shows ever, they’re just being… themselves, which claims to be way enough for the show to be funny as hell. Their show’s one of the only ones by MTV which is good plus hilarious.. Anyway, I wish I could watch it, sometime at the future… cuz now I’m curious.

47. Avi on December 19, 2007 at 6:11 am

I love Rob Dyrdek xD I always laugh when I watch his show😀 tell him that his dog is so lovely😀😀

48. Ryoko on December 19, 2007 at 6:07 am

finally i could sign in your site.. i’m so happy just because i can see how you are doing through your site!! just thinking if you might read my comment makes me happy😉 it’s also very interesting to know what you are interested in. have a great day!

49. Sabie on December 19, 2007 at 5:59 am

Hey, Mike! That was really cool! Great! I loved it! Your site is so great, but one thing missing… Q and A section! Ok, ok i dont insist, im just asking... :)
    Love Linkin Park!
    Yr kazakh fan

50. kuiz_worldstar on December 19, 2007 at 5:54 am

wow rob is really cool!!! with new movie😀 wow he’s very awesome skateboarder ive ever seen !!! with all talents thnks for very good news

51. Noe_Kenji on December 19, 2007 at 5:23 am

HEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thank you very much mike for your this new site!!!!!

I have been here since the bgining but I couldn’t post… problems with my account…

So, thank you evry mcuh for this post!!!😉
    I think you have read my message in myspace…!!!😀

I knew Rob and Big!!!! they are fucking funny lol!!

I would like to whatch their film!!

See you in Paris!!!

Much love and respect,
    Noemi

^^

52. Illara on December 19, 2007 at 4:42 am

Mike, thats one extreme sports😉 hee. very random post!😀 haha.

53. Ezza on December 19, 2007 at 3:32 am

lol definatly random!!!

54. Helios_LP on December 19, 2007 at 3:16 am

Rob’s show is So Cool !

55. xclutchingmycure on December 19, 2007 at 3:05 am

BTW… mike, i was listening to the 21st january 2001 loveline show (lovelinearchive.com) with you chester and joe. you and chester (joe isn’t talking!) sound so damn young!

and… another question.. what’s your favorite EVER nine inch nails song? and if you don’t have one that you can choose, what’s your favorite song off year zero? i love the great destroyer.

56. Shinodas_girl on December 19, 2007 at 2:57 am

its soooooooooo cool the way all the people i love are all conected i love rob dyrdek i love mike shinoda !

57. xclutchingmycure on December 19, 2007 at 1:25 am

man, that shiz is awesome. i wish we got something like that in new zealand..

funny, i was talking to my mom earlier tonight about loveline and how i listen daily, and she’s like “with that guy dr drew yeah?” and she told me that she used to watch him on mtv around 10 years ago. HAHAHA. in new zealand. niiiice mom, niiiice.

question for you mike… do you still have those “brit pop superstar glasses”? the blue ones that you wore in frat party :P? if you do, post us all a picture of the difference over the years!

58. KATHYxx on December 19, 2007 at 1:23 am

LMAO @ the horse.

and i had NO idea about the 21 skateboard records either.
    can’t wait to hear your tune, especially.

59. nooon on December 19, 2007 at 1:20 am

Hi again, and good morning❤
    I cannot see my first post here even i update this site.
    Could you post some videos from that movie to here? I would love to see what kind of movie is that cause i love skating movies! and i'll wait exited to hear your musical bit too❤ I've heard about Rob before, but i didn't know you know him so well!
    Rob has a nice pony btw😀
    I love you❤
    -Noora

60. theOuiSkey on December 19, 2007 at 1:09 am

haha…so hilarious…sorry…in here we dont have the show like this…..too sad… TT_TT…

i like his dog…

61. JNudda on December 19, 2007 at 12:34 am

lol pixelation!

R & D are awesome, that movie sounds dope. Hope it gets picked up.

Mike you considering doing link exchanges with other blogs?

62. michaela on December 19, 2007 at 12:21 am

OMG I love those guys!!!
    i got an idea. Mike!!!! Try to find your blue bunny ears from Prague(if you remember getting them from me), put them on your head, take a photo of yourself and post it here xD that would be soooo cool😀 please!!!!!
    anyways, can´t wait to see the movie with Rob!

63. crooklynn on December 19, 2007 at 12:17 am

good morning mike. thats very funny. can’t wait to watch the show. thanks for putting this online.

64. Doggie24690 on December 19, 2007 at 12:12 am

YES!!! Rob for the win! I love those two silly bitches. Though, I had no idea he had 21 skateboarding awards, guess I haven’t brushed up on my history with him too much. I’m more into Rodney Mullen, skateboarding wise but man, they are definitely funny. Can’t wait for season three of his show. And hopefully the movie will pick up because you peaked my interests. I wanna watch the movie and hear your musical bit. Anyways, thanks for the update.

Angela