thriller: reanimated

December 20, 2007

news of the leak is out there on the internet now, so you can go check out a few previews of the songs. the online stream i heard were bad quality–really compressed, to the point that everything sounded like a demo. but internet sound quality aside, they’re out there, and people are talking about them.

BEAT IT (feat fergie), PYT, and THAT GIRL IS MINE are by will.i.am; BILLIE JEAN by kanye, and a WANNA BE STARTIN SOMETHING cover is by akon.

i’ll try to skip judgement on the intentions behind trying to put your hands on a classic, and any opinion about the outcome…but this record did get me thinking:

i think it’s great that fans from everywhere are taking songs, remixing them, replaying them, and making their own versions…even if they’re totally random and done with video game graphics and the wrong lyrics printed on the screen (the real lyrics are in the album notes and online, guys). it’s fun, and the song gets to take on many forms and identities it never would on the original record.

i digress…as for this remix album…i have to say, it’s also fun to hear famous singers massacre MORE famous songs. they’re doing exactly what everyone else is doing, so it puts everyone on the same level. is the “platinum producer” remix better than the remix some unsigned japanese rap group did? probably not. and that’s the beauty of the internets…everyone gets to hear/praise/belittle both versions. (at this juncture, it is prudent to request the following: please don’t use this as an excuse to flood my comments board with links to your remixes; take that to the LP message board where it belongs, haha).

i’ve seen so many amazing and random things done with our videos and songs, there are times when i’ve gotta just sit back and give you guys credit.

1. PHAM on January 4, 2008 at 5:04 pm

I really liked the LP n Soulja Boy mix. Went LP N Jay-Z Mashed Up i started 2 like RAP. then rap got kinda old. SO then i heard about Fort Minor N dats my gate 2 da Hip Hop world. N then Soulja Boy got big N i hated it. N i still do but i like dis remix. N da Screamo verison. N da Travis Barker Remix.

2. Lvix on January 1, 2008 at 5:46 am

I love the two remixes…

3. TheGodfather on January 1, 2008 at 1:42 am

Wow… I hate Soulja Boy. Idk why people like that guy. He’ll disappear in a month or so, so I wont have to listen to him again. As for the mix, I agree with Mike. That did die out a while back and even if, who would do a mix with Soulja Boy? There are too many better rappers out there.

4. nikkiann0100 on December 28, 2007 at 3:31 pm

I dont really care for that soulja boy video. I agree thats it is kind of wrong to mix those type of videos. I liked the numb remix though. One video that I like is querty with spongebob animation. Some people dont like it but I think its funny. I even had it on my myspace for a while.

5. Beda on December 23, 2007 at 8:20 pm

LPANDKT I think you did a cool job. You had fun doing that vid, right? I think that´s what matters. Soulja Boy is not a fave of mine but I do like the Travis Barker remix video for Soulja Boy´s “Crank That”. He played it really well and if that is also keeping alive the rap/rock music, so be it, LOL.

I know this is Mike´s blog and I like reading his opinions about different topics, but I don´t have to agree with everything MS says. That´s the real beauty of all this, reading everyone´s comments, some of them you like, some of them you just hate.

But I do agree on the MJ songs being re-released… I just… I don´t…please don´t. ={

6. Redbaron on December 23, 2007 at 3:41 pm

The idea of pulling from many forms of media to make it personal is not only innovating, but it is happening. The fact that you even are aware of this stuff and not only condone it- but support it – is great. Linkin Park is the only band that can stay in touch with its fans so closely and yet keep your street cred. Props for once again, staying ahead of the curve. Good lookin out! Time to make some new history… !!

7. Xefuzion on December 23, 2007 at 2:08 pm

u should flame that shit in comments mike , it might stop.

8. So_S on December 23, 2007 at 2:04 pm

why, oh why someone did that???
    a remix with Soulja boy????????????
    are you damn serious?

9. linkingabo on December 23, 2007 at 5:11 am

I´m so proud of you LPandKT ;))…I really hate the Soulja boy song, but in that remix that was nice… …anyway check out my Funny LP 5.0 video on my utube channel….MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR LINKIN PARK and LP FANS….bye

10. LPandKT on December 22, 2007 at 10:23 pm

(the rest of my message) Once again, thanks Mike for posting my video on your site, and in the future I’ll probably do less LP rap/rock mixes, since you think that it died a while back.

As for the video staying on YouTube, that’s your choice Mike, I’m sure you have the power to remove it if you wanted, but I’d like to keep it there, because some people out there like it, and it’s one of my most successful videos.

Yeah, I know Soulja Boy’s a pretty crappy rapper, and his music is pretty bad, so you don’t have to tell me that. If you want a mix of mine that may be more geared to your liking, try looking at “Pu5hing Me 2 The End”.

Thanks for your time,
    KT

11. LPandKT on December 22, 2007 at 10:22 pm

Hey Mike,

It’s LPandKT, the creator of that Crank That mix with Faint. I had no idea you’d find it, and actually post it up on your website, so thanks so much for doing so. Also, I had no idea that the rap/rock thing was over, so I apologize for in a sense keeping it alive. I was merely making a mix using the band I love’s music and a recent hit, possibly trying to draw more fans to Linkin Park. I still love the rap/rock idea of music, but I was unaware that it was a dying music form.

12. kellz on December 22, 2007 at 8:37 pm

yeah dude,

ever hear “where’d you go” on kidzbop? lmfao

that’s what you get for retiring on trl.

13. Valerie on December 22, 2007 at 3:49 pm

Why the hell are people mixing quality music with crap like “Soulja Boy”?? I HATE that song.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

14. outlawserenade on December 22, 2007 at 10:39 am

dear shinod,

I’d say it’s about time for you, as well as the rest of the thinking fans of yours, to realize the meaning of capitalizing on an item in music industry. Loosely translated: artist = item. if you can’t make lunchboxes with the artist’s name/face on it, you may as well use just about any/everything else to make profit. (i.e. random merch the artist doesn’t even know about. Kidzbop “remixes”, “legal” adverts, etc).

So yeah, as far as you’re (and should be) concerned, you just keep it real and keep growing, boyo. That’s where the test is at.

15. cookiesnher0in on December 22, 2007 at 9:33 am

MURRY, I agree with you. I thought it was kind of cruel anyway to have them announce the noms, and not even be nominated. Now they’re using RTN for their friggin’ commercials? Seems to me like somebody likes rubbing things in people’s faces.

16. ShadowerLiltani on December 21, 2007 at 11:18 pm

In other news, remixes made by celebrities are stupid most of the time and lack substance. A remix is not putting the exact same lyrics to a new beat and repeating the chorus a couple extra times. The majority of the Reanimation songs are the definition of a good remix. Fan remixes are much more interesting and far more entertaining. I like when people put video clips to a completely different song, like Fuse over Live In Texas clips, or the opening theme to Pokemon over From the Inside. (I cut my comment in half so I could say everything I wanted to say).

17. ShadowerLiltani on December 21, 2007 at 11:18 pm

MJ will never reach whopper status. If your choices are a disintegrating nose or a moist, juicy, whopper with extra pickles and ketchup and mustard, honestly, what will people pick? I have a theory that fast food joints use the meals as a metaphor for an orgasm. They achieved that well.

18. murry on December 21, 2007 at 9:40 pm

I just saw a commercial for the Grammy Awards Show using “Remember the Name.” So, they dragged you out at the ass-crack of dawn to announce the nominations, snubbed the most critically-acclaimed album you’ve ever released, and then used your composition to promote their show?

Am I the only one confused/outraged?

19. sakai94nagisa on December 21, 2007 at 8:01 pm

marry chritsmas mike and send the mmessage to chester brad phi rob and joe

luv later

20. sakai94nagisa on December 21, 2007 at 7:59 pm

wow thats so muthafuckin awesome shit i evea herd,seriouly that is da real shit nj,thx 4 sharin linkinpark love allda way from nag’s sakai btw im only 13 jtluk

21. Y_ on December 21, 2007 at 7:40 pm

i’m not into techno like i was before, but i like numb techno remix🙂 and the video is funny and got totally unique forms and story w/ wrong lyrics ;p (is that maple story?? i played so long time ago!🙂 )

i like the lego ones, too.

and these remind me of clips and videos people on a site (big BBS site) created w/ songs using flash palyer, and so many people enjoyed them. don know they’re still making, though.

“the rap-rock mash-ups. knock it off. that shit died like a year ago, onstage at the grammys” haha, yeah, totally🙂

have a pleasant christmas holidays, mike😉

22. K3vV on December 21, 2007 at 7:12 pm

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year Mike!!! and also Brad, Joe, Chester, Rob, and Pheonix!!😀

23. shan1105 on December 21, 2007 at 6:29 pm

Have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

24. BlAnCa on December 21, 2007 at 6:15 pm

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year Mike ^_^.

25. durg on December 21, 2007 at 5:54 pm

woooooow..

whoever made that soulja boy thing needs to be punched in the face asap.

get’im mike!😄

26. DaniShinoda on December 21, 2007 at 5:48 pm

Hello Mike! i’m here again.
    I would like to wish you merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    I’ll wish happy holidays even possible.

Thanks for give us amazing songs during this year, and good job. I always be you fan.

27. Ezza on December 21, 2007 at 4:22 pm

gotta love the lego remix..🙂 its cute how the lego characters look almost exactly like LP apart from the fact that there are 2 missing🙂

28. WickedAngel13 on December 21, 2007 at 2:59 pm

how can they put the sound of faint with such crappy lyrics?

29. cookiesnher0in on December 21, 2007 at 2:14 pm

Dude. The Soulja Boy thing seriously made me do a facepalm. Entirely too many mashups/other crap with Soulja Boy in it now. But yeah, I totally agree with you on the rest of the stuff. Just leave it alone, if it was good enough to get super famous the first time around, it’s best to just NOT mess with it.

30. ChesterDEAN on December 21, 2007 at 1:36 pm

The Girl Is Mine would never ever sound good without Paul freaking McCartney breath hahaha, sorry, a huge Beatles’ fan here xD. Anyway, with or without Paul, I didn’t like how it sounds brr… and Fergie scares me in Beat It. Ok changing subjects, Numb remix made me want to dance hehe but didn’t really get the video but the video of What I’ve Done was genius, seriously, loved it… that guy must have lots of free time hehe!. Now I’m off…. ChesterDEAN

31. Doggie24690 on December 21, 2007 at 12:47 pm

I agree, there is definitely a place where you draw the line when it comes to remixes. Faint and Soulja Boy, that needs to just stop, disgraceful. I’m really starting get irritated with all the official remixes from artists that just want to kill good, original songs. For example, Reanna and S.O.S. There was already two different versions of Tainted Love, why did we need a third? O_O Than again, there’s remixes such as the Faint EMT remix, that I actually enjoyed. Or Atreyu’s version of You Give Love a Bad Name. And I think I’ll skip on getting the Thriller RX record, lol.

Angela

32. nillp on December 21, 2007 at 11:48 am

Andizzle, you’re not uploading your own stuff, but did u read this line?!

33. theOuiSkey on December 21, 2007 at 10:21 am

positively..your beat click their idea….

34. Andizzle on December 21, 2007 at 10:20 am

hey Mike, the best remix I’ve ever heard can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJUg0mauQus And no I didn’t make it (i wish!) so I’m not plugging my own stuff.
    This remix has Dre, Em, Jay and LP… I get the shivers everytime I listen to it.
    -Andi

35. nillp on December 21, 2007 at 9:45 am

i’ve just received my minutes to midnight tour edition, and dude, i don’t get tired of listening your fucking amazing voice in no roads left.. just f* awesome as you..

just passing.. have a great day..!

love ya ~ ♥

mk’nil

36. kuiz_worldstar on December 21, 2007 at 9:14 am

hi! for today yeah i almost agree with u and the video is very great! i really love electro

37. maria on December 21, 2007 at 9:00 am

Good evening, Mike!
    Well, the remixes are great when they are done in appropriate way (just remember Reanimation). And I hold with everyone here about remixes ) And the last sentence was nicely done… and the video, I will see it later. Have a nice evening.

38. AS_21 on December 21, 2007 at 6:51 am

heh… yeah, that AMAZING idea with.. lego. was really amazing ^^ but, I think you’re right about this remixes.. it “puts people in the same level”. I agree with that.. xD

39. Umi on December 21, 2007 at 6:43 am

nah, there’s not enough space for everything i wanna say in one comment…
    the first vid really is fun (though the lyrics are… well… lets forget this and the game scenes don’t make sense at all), cause the song really sounds like game music – maybe one day there’ll be a game with some (by you guys approved) remixed LP song as official music? wouldn’t that be fun? i mean, you already had stuff of you as movie soundtrack, but some video game soundtrack… that would be cool o.O and kinda new, ppl wouldn’t expect that, u know?

merry xmas and a happy new year btw ^^

40. siang on December 21, 2007 at 6:01 am

haha~
    mike u r so cute!!
    put the video is so fun
    haha~

41. mVi on December 21, 2007 at 5:05 am

MTM was leaked like more than a week to the released day! but whatever! i dont care! it s u and LP i will always love!
    and that soulja boy crank that and faint was fun!

42. Helios_LP on December 21, 2007 at 5:00 am

I Heard some of the tracks that were leaked…..not as good as anyone would expect !!!!
    by the way nice videos Mike, I liked the one with the video game thing lol.
    Happy Holidays Mike🙂

43. Umi on December 21, 2007 at 4:57 am

(at this juncture, it is prudent to request the following: please don’t use this as an excuse to flood my comments board with links to your remixes; take that to the LP message board where it belongs, haha). just smiles😄 good, mike, it just had to be said someday! ^^~

and for the rest of the text: … okay, i just learned in psychology class, that the opinion you have about sth before you got to know it better is mostly… bullshit… (i knew this before, who doesn’t?) but… fergie on a remix of m jackson? … cough okay…

btw: nice to read from you though it’s holidays🙂

44. AnVanoppens on December 21, 2007 at 4:45 am

what up mike : ) x

45. LinkinPete on December 21, 2007 at 4:06 am

ok.. dunno much about Michael Jackson in general.. maby I should..

but that lego-guy had really put effort in that video.. although I wonder why are there only 4 guys..

It´d be strange to imagine that Numb being played in a disco.. although the remix was catchy.. also I think the main reason LP songs make so great remixes, are the fact that they are LP songs.. they sounds great, if you let the message go still through.. also the songs are really versitile..

um.. dunno about that soljeau boy.. maby in this case Faint should be Faint.. even though it did kick through there pretty good.

46. CGlue on December 21, 2007 at 3:53 am

There’s some cool remixes around the internet that deserve to be heard because they are really good. I remember this one mash-up with ‘Faint’ by LP and ‘Toxic’ by Britney that someone send to me (in hopes to get me mad cause LP should never be mixed with Britney, ever!) and it was really cool even though I hate her music. And guys please stop with the rap/rock mash-ups that involve LP songs. Seriously, don’t LP songs (the old ones) have enough rap as it is? They are just awesome like that. They don’t need some rap artists (that suck and are crappy, by the way. Who the hell is Soulja Boy?!) ruining the great work of the band. *

47. svetok on December 21, 2007 at 12:33 am

well when there is smth special in thw remix its great…but mostly i dont like what ppl do with ur songs…

48. vegas_lp87 on December 21, 2007 at 12:23 am

it think it’s crazy for them to mess up a classic album like that. they should just leave it alone, but oh well…another way to make $$$$…anyways, that fucked up rock-rap mash up with crank that and faint was garbage..whoever did that, should be slapped upside the head because that shit doesn’t even sound right..leave it alone!

49. ColorScheming on December 20, 2007 at 11:35 pm

Oh NO! i know i did not just see a lp and soulja boy mashup? That brings tears to my eyes. Soulja boy sucks ass. He got big off a stupid song, with a good catch. The lyrics are fucking retarded, and have no depth or meaning behind them at all. There can be great songs that are for a good chill time. But soulja boy isn’t one of them. But i agree, when its a classic song, leave it the hell alone. Just like a good movie, don’t try to make it a sequel. And lmao@ shit died at last years grammys with a link of your performance. And the shit about everyone posting their link on lp forum. haha so true. I dont go on lp board too much cuz sometimes it seems pack full of retards.

50. BraneWorld on December 20, 2007 at 9:57 pm

I like these pictures,Mike:”one”:http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/photocollectors/corn.gif AND two AND three AND four haha~

51. Emilia on December 20, 2007 at 9:53 pm

Haha that maple story video made me laught, in a good way😀 hm i’ve never liked that soulja boy song, i’ve seen it on MTV million times and somehow i just don’t like that song.. But anyway, Faint fits very goodly in it, i mean it doesn’t sound weird in it🙂

52. soyuneik on December 20, 2007 at 9:48 pm

ahh..the future..

53. Skullface on December 20, 2007 at 9:46 pm

I like some rock and rap mash-ups. But I was like y are u so mad about it mike? Until i saw that……………………

54. soyuneik on December 20, 2007 at 9:41 pm

LoL! I’m saying tho, Where can I pick up a Super Action Rob Bourdon Lego Cop with Ultimate Playdoh drums!!?
    hahaha your killing me. This leaks killing me too.. I’m just gonna shake my head into deep depression now.

55. BraneWorld on December 20, 2007 at 9:22 pm

56. Carla on December 20, 2007 at 8:29 pm

Haha, that first video with the techno remix of Numb over Maple Story gameplay made me laugh. (I think it was more from the vocabulary shown in that video) Besides the fact it never worked on my laptop, I have nothing against the game since some of my friends play it. Thanks for sharing!

57. Fin_Fin0121 on December 20, 2007 at 7:31 pm

Mike, I’m sorry I have to complain about this site again and again. Becasue I can’t read the last word (maybe more than one word)of every line that you post. In the beginning, I thought maybe there was something wrong with my computer. But I found that someone has the same problem with me. We have to guess the meaning everytime you make the long sentence. This time, OMG….You posted the longest message that I have never seen in your blog. It’s great!! But~It kill me almost….It’s hard to be understood when you lose some words in the middle, especially, it is not our mother tongue…..Actually, It’s a puzzle for us~~~~~~~~Help~~~~~~~~

58. rubyred82 on December 20, 2007 at 7:20 pm

Wow the Lego video was hugely ridiculous and frigging hilarious, I about busted a gut on that one. The Lego guys on strings doing the band “jumps”… just awesome. Good job to whoever had the patience to direct that whole thing he he.

The Michael Jackson remix album? Just no. Leave the good stuff alone people.

59. Sashy on December 20, 2007 at 6:38 pm

This might stop some of the ‘shitter’ (for lack of a better word) mash-ups.

It’s so great that us Australian’s aren’t brain-washed with the overload of rap music that occasionally gets a mention somewhere. There’s the LITTTLE TINY BIT of good stuff, and then the rest of just crap.
    Be proud that you’re in the minority of good stuff.

60. Illara on December 20, 2007 at 6:12 pm

well sometimes other people have different perspective but its good that you draw the line.😉 there’s limitations between everyone though. anyhow, Mike, the lego video is cute😀 and the numb remix..? oh yeah its all good but i cant stand techno, hehe. :X

61. Celestial on December 20, 2007 at 5:59 pm

Truth. Rock-rap mash ups can be pretty bad, but it still not as bad as country-rap mash ups. For example, the one with Nelly and TimMcGraw that everyone and their mama seemed to like. Anywayz, the thing you said about Japanese rappers reminded me of the Teriyaki Boyz. Their song “I Still Love H.E.R.” with Kanye West is off the chain. Everyone should check it out!

^_~

Peeee. Ssss. I tried to post the video but there was technical difficulties.

62. kellz on December 20, 2007 at 5:50 pm

wow dude, I never thought that I’d see Brad as a lego with playdoh diapers. lmfao

63. kellz on December 20, 2007 at 5:28 pm

soulja boy? he was died a long time ago. poor guy.
    Faint is just so fucking special like that, you can make it work with anything.
    I don’t see the need to remix my beloved MJ tunes. what the hell man? that should’ve been done at least in the same decade.
    why don’t these artists just get in on the new MJ action?

just makes more sense to me.

64. K3vV on December 20, 2007 at 5:02 pm

so thats what maple story looks like!! lol! i never knew that!

65. DaniShinoda on December 20, 2007 at 5:01 pm

I think remixes are amazing too, let that songs very different and funny. I always do kinds of mash ups here in my software, it’s really cool.

Mike, when you’ll go to Brazil, can you from LP play ‘And One’? I was seeing a lot of old LP live videos and I miss that song…

Take care!

66. AshleyDawn on December 20, 2007 at 4:07 pm

I love Maple Story, but hate the videos people make with it. The remix was great though!

67. Sabie on December 20, 2007 at 4:07 pm

hey, Mike! I really dont like any kinds of remix, i liked your "With you" (Charain Hahn and Aceyalone(correct me if im not right)) from reanimation album mix, and some other songs remixed. But i prefer originals, anyway, i think making such thing, people show dedication to the band they love. It was fun!
    Love you, Sabina

68. murry on December 20, 2007 at 3:58 pm

This is a little off-topic, but sort of in the same vein. There really needs to be a resurgence of original bands writing and playing original songs. Perhaps a ban on sampling for a few years is a good idea. However it’s done, I just really think we need to stop butchering awesome original songs and sampling and remaking them beyond recognition. Just for a few years, though, you know? Because it’s exciting when it’s fresh and new, but I swear to God, everything on Top 40 radio was written in the ’70s.

Anyway, that’s what I think.

69. vivalavulva on December 20, 2007 at 3:55 pm

michael jackson should sue. i would never let fergie fug destroy my music if i were him.
    also – the lego vid is made of win.

70. nillp on December 20, 2007 at 3:45 pm

i hear these songs here yesterday..

i think that’s depressive someone puts the hands on a classic and make a stupid thing like they did with numb..

“take that to the LP message board where it belongs, haha” ha! you’re the best..!

71. nillp on December 20, 2007 at 3:45 pm

i laughed a lot when i saw the “wid lego video”.. this one is pretty cool..

oh shit.. so i think that my dream to hear LP feat 50 cent won’t be possible..

but okay.. it won’t kill me..

love ya ~ ♥

mk’nil

72. Jaclyn on December 20, 2007 at 3:27 pm

Oh Mikey you’ve unburdened ur heart in so emotional way. I’m kinda confused🙂 All u’ve said is true. I like LP remixes that some russian fans make, piano versions are very beautiful❤
    Happy coming holidays to you and your kin and your friends😉 Are you going somewhere to have a white Christmas?

73. Ann on December 20, 2007 at 3:21 pm

wow!! what ive done video is really good!!!!!

kisses mike!

Ann

74. miss_keira on December 20, 2007 at 3:04 pm

THE GLUE IS THE BEST

75. miss_keira on December 20, 2007 at 3:01 pm

hi mike
    how are you?
    I like the remixes
    its really cool
    but I dont know how to remix the songs
    i wish i could
    I love (THE GLUE)

76. Daga280 on December 20, 2007 at 2:59 pm

some time ago on the YT ive watched remix LP feat. Britney Spears -‘Faint & Toxic’-thats nice remix. Agree with Nathy ‘What Ive done’ lego is awesome ^^ btw> (Cytryna, Arsel jak chcecie wymienic sie pogladami po jakiemu tu sie pisze to na LPN to robcie a nie tu spamujecie:P) sorry 4 words in foregin language😉

77. Arsel on December 20, 2007 at 2:35 pm

huh so you CAN write in english ;] and… you know it’s not that you really can’t, you just shouldn’t, mike don’t understand polish and so the rest of the people here except few people from Poland (not Polen -.^) it is fair, because english is universal language so everybody can understand at least some of things that we talking about and yes, i’m from Poland. End of this offtopic!

78. Nathy on December 20, 2007 at 2:29 pm

Wow, that ‘What I’ve Done’-lego thing was impressive, that must have taken ages! But I agree Mike, some artists think they can make a better remix, but they don’t understand that they’re messing with classics and they’re bound to mess it up. Some remixes of your songs are good but they’re are others that just plainly suck.

79. cytryna on December 20, 2007 at 2:27 pm

Arsel are you from Polen? You’re so.. serious. Just be a litlle bit crazy. “I don’t wanna see anymore Polish words?” Why? People from Japan can write Japanees (do you think that Mike understand everything that they wrote?) but I can’t write Polish. Thats not fair. ok, I will write in English.

80. KATHYxx on December 20, 2007 at 2:19 pm

“love the remix songs and videos. but there is one place i usually draw the line: the rap-rock mash-ups. knock it off. that shit died like a year ago, onstage at the grammys.” AMEN.. LMFAO..

nice Numb remix lol… weird footage to boot… though speaking of Maple Story, how do you get one’s sister off the friggin game and back into the real world? Though now your blog has Maple Story in it… maybe she’ll appreciate you more instead of making fun of me :p

81. treylang21 on December 20, 2007 at 2:17 pm

mike, you’ve been hanging out with apathy to much. these blogs are starting to sound like welcome to assholeville: version mike shinoda.

hahaha. good job! try to stay off youtube!

82. asianotter on December 20, 2007 at 2:16 pm

i like remixes . . . if they are done right. some are good and some are just wrong!

83. twix on December 20, 2007 at 2:14 pm

That Numb remix is awesome!
    I’ve seen the lego What I’ve Done video before. It was posted at LPU forum. Probably the best music video for the song. Other than the orginal video, of course.😉
    And thanks to you and the guys for for the idea on donating some of our fanclub fee to charities. Awesome idea! =) You guys are the best.

84. Neil on December 20, 2007 at 2:06 pm

i love remixes… my fav is some faint one by some guy. cant remember who but hes pretty famous i believe. that Faint on on here made me cringe.. if you are gonna do Rock Rap (i agree with mike – NO) at least mix 2 songs that could work?

Also Mike Love your artwork – wish i could have gone to your artshow in LA but you know me.. stuck down here in Australia…you should send it down here =D and then go tour again with it (or tour with SOB)

85. Arsel on December 20, 2007 at 2:05 pm

Cytryna …:/ if you can’t speak english then don’t speak at all because if Mike will get mad then you won’t be able to write anything, he will block the comments , i don’t wanna see anymore polish words!

86. cytryna on December 20, 2007 at 2:01 pm

Nie mówi? Nie rozumie? Nieeee, to niemożiiiiwe;p A teraz tekst w stylu Sailor Pocahontas “Ejjjj, jak to, przecież jak ja go rozumiem to on też muuuusi rozumieć mnie, co nie?” A prawda jest taka że wolę nie kaleczyć angielskiego;p Wesołych Świąt;p

87. Arsel on December 20, 2007 at 1:54 pm

“please don’t use this as an excuse to flood my comments board with links to your remixes”
    and how about the link to theread on the lp-mboard where it’s placed ;p? Just kidding^^’ but you have to forgive me that i’m doing this ;p i’m putting it here also for other fans so don’t be mad on me if you see this🙂

Remember The Name vs. Bitersweet Symphony (mixed by zwieR.Z. – Poland) the best fucking remix i’ve ever heard, so simple and so beautiful, enjoy people!
    And sorry once again^^’

88. xclutchingmycure on December 20, 2007 at 1:35 pm

BTW… if i ever fucking hear that faint/souljah boy remix again, i’m going to go Aileen Wuornos on someones ass.

89. Rade on December 20, 2007 at 1:30 pm

good examples.

90. Zephran on December 20, 2007 at 1:28 pm

aww did you have to bring up soulja boy? ;D most nagged out remix song this time around.. you’re true about remixing, some are good some arn’t, but to be honest, it would be awesome to see LP make a cover of some song ;D just to see how you guys would do it ^^ ah well, peeeaaz

91. xclutchingmycure on December 20, 2007 at 1:26 pm

I actually burst out laughing reading this latest blog.

“please don’t use this as an excuse to flood my comments board with links to your remixes; take that to the LP message board where it belongs, haha.”
    i remember when you said that on your FM blog like a year and a half ago or something.

rap rock is dead. GET IT? get the bleach!

michael jackson is a fucking freak. i’m glad that fergie made it out of the stripping business, i like akon, but kanye? make your own music… stupid douchebag. STOP USING SAMPLES ALL THE FUCKING TIME. leave daft punk alone!

/rant for the day

92. Anstice on December 20, 2007 at 1:21 pm

That last part about the rap-rock mash-ups made me laugh out loud. That was great because it’s so effing TRUE. It’s ANNOYING. Just freaking STOP already,

93. KellyKasulis on December 20, 2007 at 1:16 pm

I thought those videos were really cool. I actually saw the Lego one already, and it’s impressive how you take the time to look through some of that fan-made stuff.

By the way, I’m wondering, where is the band right now? Are you guys touring? Hah. Maybe I should stop being lazy and go look on the official site (or perhaps the LPU) rather than posting useless questions here for other people to answer.

Anyway, thanks for posting that stuff. And enjoy the holidays.

94. Vican on December 20, 2007 at 1:13 pm

I especially liked the part in the Numb remix, when Mike had to go out into the woods to find digi again, but when he found him, he was died.
    I always thought people were “dead”… hmm.

95. Avi on December 20, 2007 at 1:09 pm

God, Cytryna, Shinoda doesn’t speak Polish, don’t you know that? óO For Mike [what Cytryna wrote]: I like zwieR.Z remixes of The Rising Tied, I’ve never liked remixes or other combinations but it fascinating me. From Avi: I like ZwieR.Z remixes too xD his It’s going down/Petrified is so amazing

96. cytryna on December 20, 2007 at 12:58 pm

Mnie tam się ostatnio podoba to co zrobił zwieR.Z. (mam nadzieję że dobrze napisałam:P) z the Rising Tied. Nigdy za bardzo nie lubołam remixów ani jakiś kombinacji ale to mnie… fascynuje;p

97. NessyNezz on December 20, 2007 at 12:54 pm

i like the numb encore remix xD but the faint thing is nice too🙂 merry christmas to you guys! i love you all!

98. Stelios on December 20, 2007 at 12:46 pm

haha, mike, best remix songs belong in reanimation
    seriously that record is so dark and has its own spark in linkin park history
    my fav remix songs are “papercut” and “forgotten” on reanimation, how bout yours mike?

99. JNudda on December 20, 2007 at 12:42 pm

word mike. i’ve heard and seen some amazing creations done with your guys’ music.

are you guys doing a mtm remix album?

100. Siby on December 20, 2007 at 12:41 pm

well i prefer the first remix…well….ok…uhm…im not a techno fan but its easier to listen to
    the second remix is just damn annoying and i get annoyed of all these HOOOs

101. A_Warm_Place on December 20, 2007 at 12:34 pm

Why don’t you create a section on your website where people can submit there own LP remixes for everyone to hear?

102. Lnknprkfrk on December 20, 2007 at 12:32 pm

lol. I luv that remix of numb. I think its funny that they used maple story for the vid. Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto. Im not sure if i wrote that right but its supposed to say merry Christmas. bi.