new orleans / socalled video

February 24, 2008

two things: one, the tour’s going great, and we’re almost to new orleans…as many of you know, we still have our eye on the slow progress in the rebuilding of the areas affected by hurricane katrina. we funded two homes for habitat for humanity via music for relief. it’s very exciting. we’ll be there on wednesday (after shows in lexington and nashville) to hang out with the home owners and help build on-site. thanks to all who have been donating and participating!

two: check out this video i just found online.

SOCALLED – You Are Never Alone

1. soyuneik on February 29, 2008 at 12:07 am

ooh I like that tat..sweet
    vids link was changed to http://www.felixandpaul.com/files/socalled.mov

How’ve you been Mr. Mike?

2. JPkaukonen on February 27, 2008 at 3:10 am

THIS IS MY TATTOO MIKE:

I LOVE YOU<3

3. JPkaukonen on February 27, 2008 at 3:08 am

MIKE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, YOU’VE MADE ME AND AFFECTED TO THE WAY I’M LIVING MY LIFE. I’m going to see you next summer here in Finland. I wanna talk to you. But most importantly, I WANNA SHOW YOU MY TATTOO! It’s the Fort Minor art, it’s you and it’s on me. Imma show it to you next summer but before that, PLEASE CHECK IT OUT FROM MY SITE: http://www.jpkaukonen.com/photo-JPtat-ART2.jpg

WITH LOVE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART,
    -JP Kaukonen

4. Lvix on February 26, 2008 at 2:05 pm

the movie don’t works with me:s:s

5. asianotter on February 26, 2008 at 9:52 am

1) Music For Relief is such a wonderful organization helping people devestated by tragedy. thanks for giving people hope. keep up the fantastic work! 2) the video was wild and crazy . . . very cool. thanks for sharing. 3) i am gald that the tour is going well. i know i can’t wait to see you guys. thanks for checking and taking the time . . . !

6. Y_ on February 26, 2008 at 8:25 am

MFR awesome org with great causes and goals🙂 actually u guys have made a difference! keep up the amazing work😉

the vid is kinda freaky…but i like it🙂

7. ShadowerLiltani on February 25, 2008 at 7:25 pm

That video is beautiful and a wonderful concept. I love artistic stuff like this ^ ___ ^ Thanks for sharing Mikey-puu🙂

8. nillp on February 25, 2008 at 6:19 pm

and btw..

crazy and cool video..

as usual..🙂

9. nillp on February 25, 2008 at 3:29 pm

dear NightmareCerno..

as the video wasn’t working, i didn’t know it was a song..

so, how i could search for something that i didn’t know what it’s?

10. AndyCarrie on February 25, 2008 at 11:56 am

i think, it´s interesting video and very good song……you have a style ;)……and i´m happy that we will come to Brno (Czech Republic)…..it´s…….wow😀

11. murry on February 25, 2008 at 10:03 am

It’s very cool what you guys are doing in NOLA. I’m proud to be a fan.

And that video is freaky awesome. The track is great though. I’m going to have to check out some more of that.

12. CHEN_IL on February 25, 2008 at 9:54 am

I’m so proud of you:] you are great!

and the video won’t work for me :[ i’ll try later

13. Gringostarr on February 25, 2008 at 9:51 am

everything that MFR has done in such a short amount of time such be honored. its something no one has to do, but everyone that helps makes the world a much better place. what a way to use stardom!

hats off to mike and anyone that has been involved in MFR.

14. yanTyan on February 25, 2008 at 9:40 am

PLS KEEP IT ON~(GD SHOW & REFOREST)
    WANT FLY TO SEE UR SHOW, BUT STICKING ON MY 【】 (knocking my chest , not muscular enoughIIIIIIIIIIIIII)

15. cuz on February 25, 2008 at 9:32 am

it’s such a great thing you do with MFR. it really helps not just to people or environment but you also show to other people what they can do. it’s very important to get more persons helping and caring about these causes. i’m so proud of you guys. so good to hear tour is going great! much love from Poland, take care -cuz

16. Jaclyn on February 25, 2008 at 9:28 am

MFR is a great good deed ! Would you tell us how the things are going there then ?:D ‘Never Alone’ song is very very beautiful but the vid’s just crazy ))) Yeah it’s on youtube but if someone’s interested it’s MP4.

17. NightmareCerno on February 25, 2008 at 9:12 am

@everybody who can’t watch the video: is it so hard to click on the link below or to go to youtube and enter the song’s name?😉 btw thanks for posting, i didn’t know the song.

18. nillp on February 25, 2008 at 8:49 am

the video isn’t working right now..

i hope that when i back later, it’ll work..

~[i think that is just here, but.. i’ll try later the same way.. :P]~

and btw..

i looooooooove what LP does with MFR..😀

it’s really amazing.. i’m so proud of all u..! :’)

u can bet that i’ll support MFR.. 4EVER..!😉

love ya ~ ♥

mk’nil

19. Helene on February 25, 2008 at 8:14 am

hahaha @ video. its fu*king odd but its good also🙂 nice to hear that shows are going well.
    much love and respect! greetings from estonia😉

20. Janni_Loves_LP on February 25, 2008 at 7:12 am

one: Hi Mike! Glad 2 hear the tour is going well!🙂
    and I think it’s beautiful what you do with MFR.. I’ll definately keep supporting it..!

two: the vid is kinda bizzare but I really liked it!😛

21. Meteora20 on February 25, 2008 at 6:51 am

hey

nice to know, that your tour going well.

and to the video…. uhm yes its amazing and a little bit horrible, but the sounds are good. ^^

have a nice day, or week whatever ^^

22. Anstice on February 25, 2008 at 6:05 am

Hey Mike! That’s awesome about MFR. I’m really passionate about it, and have been doing a lot around my campus to promote MFR and Go Green. I’m going to be at the MFR booth volunteering tonight in Lexington😀. You should stop out there and say hey! -Jade

23. WTF on February 25, 2008 at 5:52 am

wtf @ that video.

Hey, glad to hear the tour is going so well. Since it’s going so great, come back to my side of the country.😀

24. maria on February 25, 2008 at 5:05 am

Hi Mike! I’m affraid but I can’t see the video( there must be something with my computer or with the Internet(God knows what it may be) And I’m really glad that New Orleans is rebuilding after that nightmare or it also can be called aftermath).
    And I’d like to say the last thing. Keep on doing what you’re doing because you’re making the world better) . And I wish you all the best and good ) and let you’re tour pass really awesome (i mean let it pass great and tremendous). Bye and good luck)

25. wendy410 on February 25, 2008 at 4:49 am

I cannot see this video, too, I dun know why><

Anyway, keep goin’ on!

26. Daga280 on February 25, 2008 at 4:29 am

nice video but when i was watching it i felt so crushed😛

and about this MFR action>> i dont have to write this is honest and good action cuz u all already know this😉

anyway–> have a great show tonight ;D

27. Fishgoingwest on February 25, 2008 at 3:33 am

I’m Sorry that I can’t see the video,there might be something wrong with my computer or the other things.But I’m happy to hear that LP won 2 award for music relief.Keep it ON~~LP are 6 responsible men~~Thank you for not only be our idol,but also model~

GO GO

28. MissDee on February 25, 2008 at 2:42 am

it’s good to know that LP is so activ to help, me and all my friends are helping in such a charity actions, and about the video it’s done great but also weird in one

29. linkinparc on February 25, 2008 at 2:00 am

I would like so much to donate…to buy that badana, you know phoenix has…but I have no paypal =(

let’s make a deal: you are sending phoenix’s bandana to me, and I’m gonna ask my dad to donate, because I think he has paypal.
    deal or no deal?

could you please show this to dave? i donT# know if he got my potrait, he picked it up on stage…but he said nothing yet, i spent so much in this real life potrait =(

30. Ezza on February 25, 2008 at 12:27 am

it’s fucking disgraceful that New Orleans is still in the condition it’s in!! The worlds wealthiest country cant even look after their own ppl… and i think that it’s sad that its hollywood footing the clean up bill and not the US government!!! but at least someone is doing something……there’s my rant

31. AS_21 on February 24, 2008 at 11:50 pm

that video is PERFECTLY AMAZING!!! and those Jewish cowboys.. Love it..🙂

xx

32. ColorScheming on February 24, 2008 at 11:03 pm

I cant see the video. Im glad to hear the tour is going well! im super fucking stoked only like a week and half till i see you! im probably going to be voulnteering for the music for relief booth during coheed. Im excited about that! im taking off of work to make sure im there front row! omg. super fuckin stoked! i will be at both las vegas shows! idk if i should bring your artwork of skatedeck to sign i want u to sign it but idk if you will be able to or if am going to be able to meet you or not😦

33. Sashy on February 24, 2008 at 11:00 pm

That video weirded me out…

Also, it’s great to hear that you’re being so active to help people in need.

34. mina on February 24, 2008 at 10:53 pm

Jewish cowboys are the best kind of cowboys.

35. Akaree on February 24, 2008 at 10:51 pm

This video is made by a genius. It’s excellent. Aki likes it a lot.

PS: Last night at the John Labatt Center in London, ON…did you see a girl passing out after one of those stupid surfers smashed his heel into her head? then ambulance was there…? That was me. Aki was a volunteer for MFR & Missy said we can go watch your show when we were done…it was great up until that point. I’m just glad that I was able to stay conscious until Chester said good night. Aki’s head is in pain & my neck, can’t even move it, my shoulders are sore. My work as a photographer starts at CN Tower Monday at 11AM, can’t miss my first day, anyways the point is…THIS IS HOW MUCH AKI LOVES LINKIN PARK!!! =D

36. Romana on February 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm

Great to hear the shows are doing well:-)
    You guys sometimes on a show say thanks to the crowd, for donating/suporting Music for Relief.
    But i want to say to you and the band: THANK YOU!!
    Even i’m not an american (Europe,Netherlands) i think you did a great job on the MFR!
    I Really like it how much energy there’s going into the project, to help people who need it very hard.
    So Thanks to you this time🙂

37. Jeana on February 24, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Very weird idea for a music video, but somehow… i like it =)

38. ManBearPig on February 24, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Apparently my last post didn’t post? Either way…

Phoenix was telling me about this during the private MNG Saturday night in London, and I told both Chester and Phoenix how amazing you guys were for actually taking charge in a situation a lot of people are all talk. You don’t just make a simple donation of money like a lot of other celebrites do, you’ve set up a framework to be proactive, to do stuff and not just spew rhetoric. And you use your position to spread the word to others. I’m glad I could help out with the Detroit and London MFR auctions I won and would do it again in a second.