reading my eyes / much music

June 16, 2008

READING MY EYES LYRICS

from XERO DEMO

the microphone molester / machete undresser

“stupid-dope-fresh” type shit resurrector

top gun / miramar / best of the best-er

the leave-an-MC-peace-in-rest-er

skill tester / the flex-the-gunner

the make-funner / the adversary make runner

make summer cold with rhymes i spit

kick gift to lifted delinquent wit

I be the prophet / my rhyme–top it? stop it.

fly like rocket when I rock it

lock it down with this perverse verse

every fuckin curse a burst of hurt

move crowds: physical fitness rhymes

coke heads couldn’t do my lines

i’m decorated like christmas pines

my battalion rocks

MCs become silohetes of chalk

Chorus:

Reading my eyes will say it in many ways

Losing my pride will save it in many days

hit the dirt because the words I spit will

do more than just rip your shirt

i’ll bitch slap your soul

contact the track control

you coming at me? you can’t hack it though

so ridiculous

watching my crew get sick of this

wickedness

pitchin’ this

lyrical viciousness to crews and cliques

made of men and mistresses

this is my life

the twilight in the fight night

and trying to see nothing but the highlights

when I write

these eyes on horizons

die for my song

cry rhymes in krylon

fire on / move men telekenetically

esoterically beat-speaking with clarity

feel my verity / heroism of heresy

and sever every MC I see with severity

Chorus

why not what i came (3x)

Why not give me what I came to deserve

Why not give me what I came to believe (2x)

Chorus

this one is newer; quality isn’t as good…but the excitement before we start the song is great.

1. ThunderStrike on June 20, 2008 at 2:31 am

Thanks a lot Mike. Compared to your newer songs the lyrics do seem a bit out of place. You guys ought to release a studio version of the track for LPU8.
    And there’s a rumor that back in 2006 you didn’t remember how the song went so you had to download it. Is it true?

2. DoubleGJ on June 19, 2008 at 10:00 am

Thanks for the lyrics Mike, I figured they don’t make much sense but they’re cool nevertheless. Lots of advanced vocabulary.😉 Actually, maybe you guys could try playing once or twice more of the older songs… If I recall well after the release of Hybrid Theory you played High Voltage, Step Up, And One and Part of Me. However, I don’t know if you did Carousel, and in my opinion that’s a really good song. The lyrics have a lot of meaning (it’s quite a tricky subject, too) and the whole song has this cool evil sound to it – classic, good nu-metal. I know you strayed away from this style, but playing the song wouldn’t hurt and I bet it would be awesome live. Fuse could also be great.

3. rockermeg on June 19, 2008 at 9:48 am

fuck…sorry but…fuck…

thats all i can say…shit…and that…man your fucking fast!😄 Wooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!

sends video to all contacts

I love that song and I agree with MIKESHINODA178 Step Up is probably one of your best EP tracks…but…wow…

Can you play it at Milton Keynes??????Pleeaase???!!!

MuchLove,

Megnxx

4. MikeShinoda178 on June 19, 2008 at 9:13 am

Yeah Reading My Eyes Is Good Song

Much Step Up IS THE BEST SONG EP

I Love Linkin Park and You Michael Kenji Shinoda

LP FOREVER

5. cuz on June 19, 2008 at 5:31 am

yeah, i love that song! it’s so great you guys play it live😀 i just came back from your show in czech republic yesterday – it was fucking awesome :DDD and you played it too😀 i heard Reading My Eyes live twice – in czech and lithuania shows. both were amazing :DDD you could play every EP song, they are great!!! and congrats on the award, you really deserve it. love you guys🙂

and here you have lithuanian video for the song:

not mine but the quality is good😉

6. paul0 on June 19, 2008 at 4:17 am

And mike, i love Hybrid Theory EP songs too, why not put up the lyrics?

7. paul0 on June 19, 2008 at 3:42 am

whoa! loved that song when i first heard it about 2 months ago! yeah, i always knew those lyrics websites were out of whack. Thanks for the correct lyrics!

8. maria on June 19, 2008 at 2:28 am

And “Erection” is one of those illegal albums, I mean that it is a piratic album or let’s say an orphan album. have you heard about it? And what do you think?

9. nessera on June 19, 2008 at 2:22 am

This post reminds me of a question i’ve been curious about since MTM. Would you say that the content of your new lyrics are more important than the older lyrics such as in this song. I can’t stay away from you guys because no matter the message your lyrics always have depth, but for you personally are the statements from MTM more important?

10. maria on June 19, 2008 at 1:46 am

hey, Mike) I have 1 question for you)
    You know that there are illegal LP albums (such as Undet Attack (B-Sides) and others)
    So what do you think about it? Please, response me))
    And I’m looking forward to hear something from you)

11. soyuneik on June 19, 2008 at 1:46 am

(For your amusement purposes only: see dogs for further instructions)

12. soyuneik on June 19, 2008 at 1:38 am

::Waves:: Hi fellow Maria!
    Long paused silence.
    But theres no new news….UGH. ::Big Enhale::………sigh. I guess I’m going to have to find someone else to harass.
    Yesterday I harassed your boys, who should it be today? Hmm. I think Rza should suffice. He’s gotta nice new sparkling flash MySpace just waiting for my crazy nonsense. Oh Oh, did I just drop something that should be read into? pfft. never.

13. maria on June 19, 2008 at 12:19 am

I’m sorry for disturbing you here, Mike, but I didn’t want to be rude by saying what I just said)And one thing, are you all right?

14. maria on June 19, 2008 at 12:15 am

Hi Mike) Cool verse) Really) And I consider that this verse is kinda interesting to be analyzed) . It’s food for thought) as far as I can see. And we aren’t making any buzz about it) so please, don’t muse (it’s a poetic word; anyway it doesn’t matter)
    that 141 comment is a buzz) We all just think that this song is worth commenting on🙂

15. real_art_ist on June 18, 2008 at 11:55 pm

hi i like RME too much.hey mike i’ve been lookin for a way to talk to u and just i found here to write for u! i’m a little artist and i have some works and i think my paintings are really near to ur music.i really like to show them to u. here is my email address if u like to see them tell me! underlinef@yahoo.com

16. shartrez on June 18, 2008 at 6:01 pm

it is cool!! i love you mike anythere you where!!!

17. Ranger111133 on June 18, 2008 at 4:44 pm

omg mike that song is amazing!!! i never heard it before but its pretty sweet. you guys should make a cd full of songs that are arn’t availible to buy (and a cd thats not just LPU members can buy)

18. yun on June 18, 2008 at 3:25 pm

Yo Mike! Tomooooorrow is comiiiing: Venice is already waiting for you. “Miiiiiike (originally Dave) are you reeady to go to the staaaage? There are millions of fannnns awaiting your veeeest!” Yes, we actually are! Just one thing: take a look at the posters tomorrow! Throw to us towels, guitar picks, boxers, socks,, and everything that comes to your mind please😄

19. LPcelio on June 18, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Mike one more thing. after project revolution the band go stop the tour to world ?

20. LPcelio on June 18, 2008 at 3:12 pm

I like a lot of reading my eyes mainly because it has one of the best rap you that you do. One more thing:) will be that you can send some of your drawings for my mail? I love to be in my background screen your drawings.🙂 are amazing .
    Good work. LP 4ever

21. Madlen on June 18, 2008 at 3:07 pm

the lyrics are just pure awesomeness:Di mean some of the parts don’t really make sense to me but that’s what makes them even cooler huh?:Dbtw to all lp fans-vote for mtv asia awards-lp are ahead of avril with about 3 percent now so lets make them more:D
    You must register before voting

22. psykobouliz on June 18, 2008 at 2:52 pm

oh btw, here is a part of the pics of your concert (in France in january 22nd) on my lpn page, just wanted to share it with you =)

23. Hardcore on June 18, 2008 at 2:28 pm

nt bad song at all.. i realy like that.. and old days LP was cool and im not 13 yearz.

24. Solka on June 18, 2008 at 1:19 pm

All I have to say is:

This song is awesome, I love the beat and the rhythm and even if the lyrics are confusing to me (heck, tons of them are, but that doesn’t make them any less awesome) I still think it rocks.
    I admire you for the way you can just sing that thing so fast. It’s amazing. If I want to catch up with that kinda talent I gotta start training.

25. nataku on June 18, 2008 at 12:36 pm

i have to admit that i didn’t know this song. but yesterday you played it in brno and it was.. wow!!! amazing! and did you like my pony xD?

26. tinkerbella26 on June 18, 2008 at 12:24 pm

LMFAO!!!! I can’t believe how wrong I was about that song.. And I only learned it that way from a lyric site.. Oh well..I can’t keep up with you in that song anyways… LMAO…Congrats on the award too!! You guys deserve it!

xoxo
    Clarissa

27. Shinoda77 on June 18, 2008 at 11:48 am

I guess rap-english means street language xD I’m making somethings up xD

28. Daga280 on June 18, 2008 at 11:27 am

Hi Mike-CONGRATS for the award xD

and thx you gave here the REAL RMA’s lyrics-theres a lot of different versions on the web ;/ and could you translate those words ‘from the rap-english to the normal-english’ please? xD

29. Shinoda77 on June 18, 2008 at 11:24 am

I guess miramar is gun seller :S It may be wrong and, it’s probably wrong😀

30. Jaclyn on June 18, 2008 at 11:05 am

Hey Mike! You really made my recent days! Thanx ever so much!
    Congrats on the award (s) :punk:
    Reading my eyes – you’re reading my wishes ))) admit it . You know when you got older and with Chestah by your side, the song sounds brilliant! I dont even want to search for the words meanings in dictionaries coz the energy of them is quite enough to feel free and happy when the music’s on.

31. TaylorKenjiLP on June 18, 2008 at 8:07 am

so this might be a dumb question but, what’s a MIRAMAR?

[top gun / miramar / best of the best-er]

32. Aditya_the_warrior_within on June 18, 2008 at 7:15 am

hey Mike ! congrats for the award !! well you guys dereve it, after all LP is the best !!😀
    and thanks a ton for the ‘real’ lyrics of RME … its one of my favorite songs since the beginning … well can you give the ‘real’ lyrics of QWERTY too ?😀 (although its not needed but stll for satisfaction😀 . tc !!!

33. Barca2 on June 18, 2008 at 5:02 am

hey mike! it was amazing to hear RME in Brno-Velodrom! but the funny thing was that almost anyone didn’t know the song…it reminded me your “oldschool hybrid theory” times. it was great show!!

34. Ekay on June 18, 2008 at 4:30 am

Amazing song with a bit of a wacky lyrics..:)! I’ve loved it from the beginning.too bad you guys did’nt play it in Finland.but maybe next time…you can’t always get everything😀

35. StaticXero on June 18, 2008 at 3:57 am

hey mike, thx for the real lyrics for RME ! Is it possible that we can get the “real” lyrics for qwerty? (same problem on the lyrics sites^^); btw: congrats for the award

36. AndyJ on June 18, 2008 at 3:15 am

This cool man! Keep up the good work. One thing by the way: When do ya guys plan to come to India?

37. Vane_Nessa on June 17, 2008 at 11:46 pm

Awesome!!! I hope we get to hear you perform it here in August 10 in Irvine =)

38. soyuneik on June 17, 2008 at 11:40 pm

Yahoo has how your boys the lakers lost plastered everywhere. Sorry bud. Next time.

39. KATHYxx on June 17, 2008 at 10:31 pm

ALL lyrics sites are bad lol. (on a side note, even Linkinpark.com, you might wanna double check Crawling there).
    but the “chevy undresser” part that they all say is just plain funny.

40. K3vV on June 17, 2008 at 7:54 pm

niice!!! u got lyrics!!! sweeet!!!! XD…………….sorry, i’m like happy about everything today…………………..maybe cuz i have no schooool!!!!! OH YEAH!!! I’M GUNNA MEMORIZE ALL THESE LYRICS 4 NO REASON!!!!!!!!! BOOYA!!!

41. MICHELLEPINHEIRO on June 17, 2008 at 4:27 pm

it’s a cool-crasy-amazing song, but you know that, you wrote it ! the only thing that made me sad was the fact that you never song it here in Rio de Janeiro, or better: YOU NEVER CAME HERE!!!!!! but it’s ok. we can’t have everything. ouh, i miss you a lot on hi5. pass there and hit me when you get time, ok?
    love and respect.
    your friend Michelle.

42. Shinoda77 on June 17, 2008 at 3:36 pm

Ur voice is so amazing in the demo😀 U have young voice in it and I love it😀 I luv that song and I hope u guys will play this song in much more shows. BTW, u should check this out, I made it 4 u😀 LoL Mike Map😀

43. Elliot_aka_MC_Eli on June 17, 2008 at 2:49 pm

44. Elliot_aka_MC_Eli on June 17, 2008 at 2:39 pm

how about releasing a new song for PR08😛 anyways, I came here to show you a video of a guy talkin about how ridiculous YouTube’s policies are, I’m sure you would enjoy

tell me, or us, what you think please!

45. schwarzkirsche on June 17, 2008 at 1:51 pm

oooooh mike.. i love it.. and i already got this one it was one of the first things i heard from u, as i started to listen to lp… (the 1st one was one step closer.. it was 3 am, a was asleep and woke up.. mtv was running and i saw the video.. and i thoung oh my fuckng godd this must be a nightmare^^.. but then i saw it with sunlght and i loved it^^… you gotta know i was 11 or 12 years old^^)
    uhmm.. omg just a few days ‘nd i see you guys in berlin…. i’m soooooooooo exited!!!!

46. navee on June 17, 2008 at 1:16 pm

thats song is dope🙂 back to the “ep days” haha well i’ll go to see ya in august you guys should play “step up” i like taht one do!

47. CHEN_IL on June 17, 2008 at 1:00 pm

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! great song!!!!! fantastic performance! wow. very nice! i didn’t know this song before! i realy realy love it. you should record it:D nice nice nice. love u come to israel😀

48. Phoebolita on June 17, 2008 at 12:57 pm

Wow, I’m even more phsyched about going to Projekt Rev. in Milton Keynes now, you have no idea. Y’all are really good to us hard core fans y’know, bringing back the old stuff. Awesome stuff.

49. Janni_Loves_LP on June 17, 2008 at 12:53 pm

Hi Mike!🙂 thank you for this! I love that song, and I almost freaked out when I heard you say “this is Reading My Eyes” at the show! lol.. It’s so cool you picked the video from the show in Denmark! I also got a video of the whole performance (the quality is a little better) Reading My Eyes in DK.

and amazing lyrics.. thank you😉 “i’m decorated like christmas pines” – awesome!😛

50. Curiosa on June 17, 2008 at 12:01 pm

Hey Mike, nice shirt. :)~ Anyway congrats to you & the guys for your win.🙂

51. Kiwi on June 17, 2008 at 11:28 am

i heard this song ) beutiful lyrics like in all other of ur song . yes linkin park 4ever❤

52. _mYfOrGiVeNeSs_ on June 17, 2008 at 11:25 am

Congratulations on the award! I was watching “No. 1 Countdown Viewers Choice” on FUSE last night and you guys were number 3 on the countdown for “Leave Out All the Rest”. I thought that, that was pretty awesome. I was so excited when they played it! And a few minutes later I changed the channel to MTV Hits and your music video played. So I saw your video twice in like 8 minutes. ha ha.

53. Sarah_xx_LP on June 17, 2008 at 10:50 am

congrats LP on the award!😀 whoohoo. i was reading through the lyrics of reading my eyes and i totally agree! some if it doesn’t make sense AT ALL while some of it is pretty good.

54. DTime on June 17, 2008 at 10:49 am

You sure loved the color krylon blue in those early years. “Coke heads couldn’t do my lines” is a dope line and “I’ll bitch slap your soul” makes me laugh everytime I hear it. Any chance you could bring back Stick N’ Move, Fuse, or even Dedicated?

55. MusicalMorphine on June 17, 2008 at 9:38 am

You know, it’s funny that you posted this because I was just looking up the lyrics the other day. I didn’t think they made much sense. Thanks for posting.
    I still don’t know how you can say all that so fast without stumbling over your words but props haha.

PS. RME at MK?

56. Sammy on June 17, 2008 at 9:12 am

i love this song please play it on the munich concert would be great

57. Sammy on June 17, 2008 at 9:12 am

i love this song please play it on the munich concert would be great

58. msgirl on June 17, 2008 at 9:05 am

thats pretty cool song….u must play it properly i think……..and thanx for everything u give us…:) take care…….love yah..:)

59. SimplyMode on June 17, 2008 at 8:54 am

I HEART THIS SONG!❤

Yearhh I noticed all the sites were a bit off, but I kinda listened extra hard && I know em all xD

hope you play it at PR in Milton Keynes.

&& OMGG! If you play “and one” I will seriously freek! I Love That song.

but then again i love all your song😛

We have this music style in england called Grime (dont know if you know it)

anyway the way you’re rapping on “Reading My Eyes” sounds just like it …

&&& CONGRATS!! with the award (:

60. Astat on June 17, 2008 at 8:49 am

At this point, it’d be understandable if you didn’t remember this Mike, but the lyrics to Reading My Eyes were actually printed on the inside of the insert that came with the Xero tape (well, the lyrics to your 2 verses anyway): http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/bulletsforthebeautiful/misc%20stuff/XeroSamplerCassetteSecondArtwork-1.jpg

Unfortunately a lot of the lyric sites picked up their “lyrics” from people’s by-ear interpretations that were posted long before that pic of the insert was.

61. NurBACK on June 17, 2008 at 8:43 am

yeah,i REALLY like this song!One of the best,i think😀

62. Honey on June 17, 2008 at 8:22 am

congrats to the award =)
    And thank you for the lyrics. I love the song. It’s since Summer Sonic 2006 on my MP3 Player xDD I hope you play the song in Berlin or maybe “And one”, “Carousel” (Did you ever played the song o.O ), “Step up” or “It’s going down”. =)
    See you next time😉

63. Y_ on June 17, 2008 at 8:18 am

congrats!!

i was there “in tokyo, 2006!!” both shows at zep tokyo and at summer sonic 06!! i remember before playing readying my eyes u said “before HT, we’re…..” ummm..don remember well…but anyway u mentioned xero.
    someone already commented this…but reading my eyes is on the lpu6 cd!! (i think it’s recorded at summer sonic??)🙂

64. Ilo on June 17, 2008 at 8:18 am

Hey Mike, thanks for the videos and congratulations to the award! But I have a very important question: How is Brad doing?? Do you have to cancel more shows?? I´m still hoping to see LP on Saturday in Munich…..I would renounce on the song “Runaway” just to see you ;-)) if this helps…… So please tell us people whats going on!!

Ilo

65. ExAbysSoldier on June 17, 2008 at 8:08 am

dude i love that song!! congrats on the award too. i hope u play it on the US tour😀

66. Umi on June 17, 2008 at 8:04 am

Aww, that’s nice@lyrics – I’m kinda collecting lyrics from different bands (for inspiration for, uhm, fanwork) and these were still missing in my collection🙂 Congratulations for the awards aaaand of course I hope, Brad’s better now. I heard, it would be sth with his ears? I used to have middle ear inflammation (is that how it’s called in English?) when I was younger and this really really suxx… and takes some time to vanish completely. Sometimes an operation is needed… hopefully not in Brad’s case T.T Lots of greets and take care of your voice (I’m still optimistic about No Roads Left)!! ~Umi

67. zahra on June 17, 2008 at 7:36 am

HEY i really like that song!!!!!

68. Giffy on June 17, 2008 at 7:01 am

and oh CONGRATS w/ the award too..btw, any news from Brad? hope he feels much better now🙂

69. BraneWorld on June 17, 2008 at 6:26 am

AWESOME song! Song is AWESOME. Is song AWESOME? Yes, it’s AWESOME! Thanks for the the song with lyrics. I like it!🙂
    Just random for your leisure time, great channel, http://www.youtube.com/BBC (wink)
    Have a great tour, Mike!🙂

70. NeneLP88 on June 17, 2008 at 5:46 am

I must quote my friend Yun few comments before this one! We really wish to hear Hands Held High in Venice!! (no.. asking for No Roads Left ia asking too much, as you told us🙂..)..

See you in 3 dayyyys!!

I.can’t.wait.I.can’t.wait.I.can’t.wait..!!!

71. nooon on June 17, 2008 at 5:27 am

AND I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR TIME @ FINLAND ! ♥ ♥ ♥

72. nooon on June 17, 2008 at 5:26 am

That’s SO COOL that you are playing something different on the stage, and make New, amazing things as a surprise to us!! That’s one of the reasons i like you guys so much.. ♥ I hope i’d see perform of — We Made it — live some day!! Well, that’s gonna be surprise, doesn’t it? :DD

You played amazingly in Finland, i just hope u come back some day, and didn’t scared those drunken people too much.. sad they’re all in Finnish festifals like that.. meaning crazy. But waiting was worth of it, u were sssssüpergood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everything good to all of you, please hug Rob for me :DD ♥ (I’d love to see u huggin him)

73. yun on June 17, 2008 at 5:17 am

Oh and..why don’t you play STEP UP-NOBODY’S LISTENING-IT’S GOING DOWN? Damn cool version you did for the underground4! “WHEN I SAY IT’S GOING, YOU SAY DOWN, IT’S GOING DOWN, IT’S GOING DOWN!” Just, awesome. Awesome. Awesomeeeeee!

74. keineAhnung on June 17, 2008 at 5:10 am

FINALLY a correct version of the lyrics…those sites are terrible…I was searching for some reanimation lyrics a few days ago and it was horrible! some of that stuff didn’t make ANY sense

as far as I am concerned I’d love to hear carousel or part of me..maybe you should do some kind of medley…just like step up/nobody’s listening/it’s going down back in 2004

btw…hope you’ve fun in austria tomorrow…unfortunately I can’t be there…it’s so unfair! you’re playing like 50km away from where I live but I can’t go and see you because of some f.cking exam…but, hey…I’m gonna see you guys in munich (150km away) and in düsseldorf (744 km) whoohoo ‘sarcasm’

75. Marlena_LP on June 17, 2008 at 4:48 am

I would love to hear Reading My Eyes live, cause I love that song(well, I´m a fan…so actually I love every song xD),though when I first listened to it i was like….ummm…what?! but now seeing the lyrics makes it easier thanks.

How´s Brad? I hope to see you all in 4 days

Take care

Marlena_LP

76. Lvix on June 17, 2008 at 4:45 am

That song is on the LPU 6 CD
    I already knew that it was mark and you that wrote it…
    But i didn’t knew you guys where playing it live on the moment…

Okay exciting… can’t wait for dusseldorf!!

77. yun on June 17, 2008 at 4:36 am

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! Your voice on the demo is sooo different respect now, you were almost a kid..Anyway awesome idea to play it, it’s fucking energetic! We are crossing our fingers to hear Hands held high or No roads left at the Heineken Jammin Festival!! How’s BBB? Hoping to see ya soon (in 3 days < 3) !

78. Emilia on June 17, 2008 at 4:07 am

It would been nice if you would sang Reading My Eyes in Finland too.😀 Thanks for the lyrics, I love that song🙂

79. bigbadindy on June 17, 2008 at 3:51 am

update on brad’s condition, plz. ):

80. TheWalkingDead on June 17, 2008 at 3:44 am

wow Mike, thank you so much for posting my video here on your site🙂 much appreciated!
    can’t tell you enough how cool it was to meet you and the rest of the guys, at the M&G🙂
    come back soon, with just as much energy as always! Always a huge pleasure to watch
    you guys perform! Kepp rocking❤

http://www.youtube.com/03doorsdown on youtube, check the rest of my vid’s from Skive
    Beach Party 2008, June 5th.

TheWalkingDead

81. maria on June 17, 2008 at 3:23 am

Delineating a picture
    Bating a mixture
    Of a feckless conjecture
    Retexture
    You are pretending to hit upon
    Any road of connection between
    A duel in soul
    And paranoia in a hole
    Of a lightning
    That crawls within
    Like a whorl wind
    In a crestfallen canyon.

82. maria on June 17, 2008 at 3:22 am

So you think that
    Now all that has evaporated
    And faded
    Can be pried up again
    Like a offal
    Or a clod
    Of redemption
    That won’t draft a resumption of it
    Because your hest is more acute
    Than what you are colliding
    And shepherding
    So that nothing can stall you
    And prevent you from doing it all

83. maria on June 17, 2008 at 3:22 am

The stars fall from the sky
    The weeping skies fall apart from you
    The time that has flown away
    Like the pendulum swings
    That you always wanted to rescue
    Now when all is slipping away
    You are standing
    On a core of connection
    Reflection
    With everything you have cast
    Venturing you can
    Reimburse
    The privy pride
    You used to have

84. Alexandra on June 17, 2008 at 3:21 am

reading my eyes is a great song! i love it…also i love your type of music.,,amazing:)) i respect you and LP:)

85. maria on June 17, 2008 at 3:20 am

Hi Mike) That’s great) And thanks for sharing music with us and telling us the background of it) Reading my eyes) is great song) The lyrics is rather interesting) Of course that through out such a long period of pendulum swings of time, it may seem dope or nonsense. But what is important is that the phylosophy of Reading my Eyes is very actual now and it will remain so, to my mind. And as gift for you and on behalf of Hardcore i’d like to post my verse that to my mind is an attempt to write something totally different from what i did previously) and finished in all ways) if you get my point)

86. Mickey on June 17, 2008 at 3:19 am

Thanks for that, Mike. Well, you can’t really blame people who got the lyrics wrong. I mean, you rap ridiculously fast on this song. It’s like…okay, so you can rap fast..we know that…but when I heard Reading My Eyes the first time, I was like ‘WTF?!’…I mean, some places, it sounds like you just make random sounds with your mouth because no one can possibly spit out actual words that fast. Except…you can. Fucking amazing.
    Again, thanks for the lyrics 8)

87. shinoda_me on June 17, 2008 at 2:38 am

FISHGOINGWEST…
    you can vote once in every 10 minutes … its almost the only thing i’ve been doing all day .. haha
    i wish i had more than one comp at home😛
    Linkin Park is ruling there … i mean here .. Asia

88. Shinodabestfriend on June 17, 2008 at 2:36 am

No no…. this song is really fantastic… and has an interesting story…. this is what we all think and like about you, as band… the fact of being able to create beautiful songs and put past text and make them brand new, ever more ingenious…. Mike you’ re a genius full of talent….

89. shinoda_me on June 17, 2008 at 2:34 am

awww… that was AWESOME Mike … when i read the lyrics alone i was kinda laughing ’cause its so different from the LP thing that you’re on with now (okay, i didn’t even read the whole thing) .. but listening to the first live show thing was amazing i tell you … you’re voice and energy is perfect on it ..

90. Monciukaz on June 17, 2008 at 2:17 am

I think it very interesting

91. crystalrussianla on June 17, 2008 at 2:16 am

hey mike how’s brad doing is he feeling better
    tell him we asked about him K

92. axrinekey on June 17, 2008 at 2:12 am

I hope I can hear it live one day🙂

93. murry on June 17, 2008 at 1:35 am

My favorite thing about you is that you manage to write rhymes with words like esoterically and colloquialism. You make a word nerd proud.

94. enjoi on June 17, 2008 at 1:17 am

This is why you’re my favorite artist. You didn’t have to do that, but you did! for us! just ‘cuz you love us. HOLLER! lol. I’ll see you in july at jones beach my man!

95. AmyLynette_91 on June 17, 2008 at 1:13 am

omg.. i love this song.. and hell yeah im dying for the lyrics.. tx alot!!

96. LinkinPete on June 17, 2008 at 1:08 am

OHH, THAT´S how it it goes!! Damn.. hehe, i have to say there are some weird stuff, especially for me, who´s not born speaking english.. “silhuettes of chalk”, that´s clever😉 So I was about 7 or 8 years old back then, I didn´t know shit, haha!

Great that you have the time to do these, like with Plaster.

It´s been a few days since the Finland show and I´m still alive and it´s still so surreall. hard to recall everything except that it was a HUGE thing! Wish I had seen less hands and more you guys, haha. But I had a few tears, even though.. sorry about hyping but you guys have GOT to come back and have an arena show here, it´s gonna be even CRAZIER!!! I´ll be there!!

97. crystalrussianla on June 17, 2008 at 12:07 am

the microphone molester is my faverite line in the hole song i love it
    and please sing it at the PR 08 in CA, on aug 10 please
    love ya godbless

98. Mikester on June 16, 2008 at 11:48 pm

OMG! I love that song… im so excited that your doing that live at concerts!!! I love how you changed some of the words around a little bit lol. I hope you do it Aug. 2 when you come to Tampa, Florida… cause I would love to see that.

Cya Aug. 2🙂

99. Anstice on June 16, 2008 at 11:42 pm

Hey, Mike. You wanna listen to something funny that would be awesome to post on your blog, too? Listen to The Original Pranksta. My God. This guy is one of the funniest people I’ve found online. He adapts his voice to different dialects and accents and prank calls people. He does an awesome job. I think his most famous voice is a cracked out black man. It’s so freaking funny.

My personal favorites are ::

Nineteen Cigaritts
    U Done Took It
    You Done Took It Pt2

He’s awesome. Have a listen.

100. dinopower3000 on June 16, 2008 at 10:33 pm

amazing song mike, always loved it. the energy put into it live makes it sound a lot better. take care

101. alyeska39 on June 16, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Ezza: I’m pretty sure that’s Mike himself.

102. Ezza on June 16, 2008 at 9:40 pm

hey mike i just found “tools of the trade” and was wondering who the british accent belonged to because he sounds like someone i’ve heard before.

103. Fishgoingwest on June 16, 2008 at 8:56 pm

And LP has been nominated in the MTV Asia Awards for Favourite International Artist and Bring Da House Down.And the first one is decided by the fans’ voting.LP now has 39.24% of the votes and next is Avril’s 35.81%.2 days ago she had more than 50% while LP had only 24%,so you see,Asia fans were great,only two days voting just change the situation! We Chinese LP fansite call on LP fans “vote for LP”,I firmly believe that we’ll keep LP on the top till the the last day.For example,I planed to vote 5 times a day,and if every fan does that,it will be a great number.

104. shinoda_me on June 16, 2008 at 8:55 pm

LMFAO!!!! … when you write lyrics like that you can obviously expect people to give ‘WAY OFF interpretations’…. its funny how you say ‘ill bitch slap your soul’ and then came out with a band that back then didn’t curse on the song …
    congrats on the award … i hope Brad is doing much better now .. you guys need to take care of yourselves … much love🙂

105. ParanoidDucky on June 16, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Thanks for posting the lyrics, now I don’t have to make up the words when I pretend to sing along (I say pretend because you couldn’t call what I am doing “singing” more like ruining eardrums it is so bad) Congrats on the award and I hope Brad is feeling better!

106. nikkiann0100 on June 16, 2008 at 8:52 pm

Hey thanks for putting those lyrics up Mike. I look forward to hearing reading my eyes at one of the upcoming shows. I still wish you guys would perform Qwerty too but I think I will be forever asking for that. lol. Enjot the rest of your europe shows. Hopefully you will put up some pics of the Milton show.

107. Ezza on June 16, 2008 at 8:46 pm

shit u can cram a lot of words into a verse!!!!! thank God u put up the lyrics tho some versions are not even close now i dont have to correct the ones i have in itunes:)

108. Fishgoingwest on June 16, 2008 at 8:44 pm

Reading my eyes will say it in many ways
    Losing my pride will save it in many days
    I carved them on my desk at school.But it seems that I won’t see this desk again.
    And thank you for the lyrics,I really have found some very desorted ones.

109. Doggie24690 on June 16, 2008 at 8:19 pm

Thank you so much for posting this because of the lyrics. Settin’ shit straight. It’s awesome you guys are playing the song again, good times!!!

110. alyeska39 on June 16, 2008 at 7:18 pm

omg, while I was trying to read that, there was a backstreet boys song playing (don’t ask), and I couldn’t read it, it started cracking me up trying to read that while listening to bsb, it just didn’t work! but yeah, a lot of that didn’t make much sense. thanks for it though! “kick gift to lifted delinquent wit” this line is such a tongue twister, lol.

111. ms_shock on June 16, 2008 at 6:52 pm

listens to reading my eyes……………..
    again………………
    again…………….. ect….
    I like it! Your voice is awesome!!!!!

112. Obzcura on June 16, 2008 at 6:50 pm

I really love the old Xero material. You guys should bring those songs back to life. Even though you moved away from ‘that sound’, it would be nice to hear them re-recorded.

113. zimminator on June 16, 2008 at 6:49 pm

nice job! and i really wish i had this song…..i wish i had all of the songs you and anyone of the rest of the band was involved in. i was thinkin today, and i realized that i have no other band yet that has sunk so deep into me-into my heart. you guys gave me reason to live again. ya its deep, and youll proly never read this, but its still nice to express this, only to hope that youll read it.🙂

114. analoggirl on June 16, 2008 at 6:48 pm

Canada loves you, Mike! Congratulations on the MMVA! (Btw, can I just tell you how much I love your use of “big up”? haha) Check out the thread on the LPU for more congratulatory fun.
    I hope this means you’ll pull out all the stops for your two Canadian dates as your way of saying thanks. (haha) We’d love to hear an STP collabo, NRL or RME.

115. marilou on June 16, 2008 at 6:40 pm

for a second i believed no one would ever noticed u won an award!!!!
    its a bit dissapointing that u were not there to accept the award(of course u were on tour)… but at least some message or a letter or something.
    btw… did u receive the award? is it heavy?

…. thanks a lot for the lyrics. i hope u enjoy the tour so far and that the fans are crazyer then ever!!

116. Giffy on June 16, 2008 at 6:35 pm

that was AWWWWESOME!! ^-^

117. ShadowerLiltani on June 16, 2008 at 6:25 pm

Ugh, I can’t even watch the second one. Anyways, the first video was a good performance. Made me wish I was there. (You’ll prolly see me in Hartford)

118. PinkWater3 on June 16, 2008 at 6:18 pm

I’m glad you decided to play this song live, it adds a little something to the show. I think it sounds really good – better than on the demo where you sound so damn young.

119. ShadowerLiltani on June 16, 2008 at 6:16 pm

the microphone molester / machete undresser — “stupid-dope-fresh” type shit resurrector, whenever I hear this, I feel bad for the microphone and imagine a machete wearing a pair of pants. “Stupid dope fresh” just doesn’t make any sense by itself. It’s fun though, isn’t it, to look back on your older art and say to yourself, what the hell was I thinking? (in a good way) Don’t take me wrong, I love this song and had never even heard of it until the LPU6 CD came out. Thanks for posting the lyrics, cause, I actually forgot what the lyrics were. Haven’t given the CD a listen in a while. By the way “Ill bitch-slap your soul” is kinda pretty, in an odd way🙂

120. Jovivi on June 16, 2008 at 6:14 pm

Congratulations!!!!! That’s so cool. Thank you for posting the lyrics, I had the pleasure of watching you perform Reading my eyes live in Siemens Arena, that was fantastic! (here’s a video recorded by a fellow fan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBT4E1a1R1Y)

Hope Brad is feeling much better!

Best wishes

121. Miky1977 on June 16, 2008 at 5:48 pm

Thanks for the lyrics mikes even if I like all of this that you put in the blog….
    I beg me pup😀.. write every day in the blog for it stuffed to know all the news on what happens to you and that it concerns you:) love you…matteo😉

122. lynndarwinharris on June 16, 2008 at 5:35 pm

Sorry Mike, 2nd post, but does anybody know the lyrics to Rhinestone??

123. WTF on June 16, 2008 at 5:27 pm

Yay another award.

lol the first time I heard that song I thought it was “Bleeding My Eyes”. But in my defense, it was after an LP concert and my ears were already fucked up.😀

124. Spike_Minoda_Chazy_Chaz on June 16, 2008 at 4:56 pm

Congrats on the AWARD!!!!! and thanks for the lyrics.
    One more thing, How is Brad feeling??
    LINKIN PARK ROCKZ!!!! ;P

125. Mark86 on June 16, 2008 at 4:50 pm

Thanks man, this is cool. I love High Voltage, maybe someday you’ll play it again, possibly in a concert where is available the live CD 😛 (and please, don’t put out of setlist Papercut…)

126. ninguem on June 16, 2008 at 4:33 pm

hey mike, nice post
    i wanna know 3 things 1-how brad is feeling now, i hope he fells better now/ 2-how come the ideia to put babies on cover of xero demo tape/hybrid theory ep/ 3-they win 3 years the vmb of best international video, and i wanna know if you and your bandmater recieve this award i hope which you read and answer this questions😀

127. Vitor on June 16, 2008 at 4:27 pm

hey mike, those lyrics are awesome! thank you for posting it for us!
    By the way, congratulations for the award. we’ll always be with you!
    BRAZIL loves you!

128. Xenith on June 16, 2008 at 4:25 pm

Loving the fact you are doing alot more rapping this year Mike. Even if we do mess you up in Manchester :p

Cant wait to see what you bring to Milton Keynes… I have my VIP tickets ready for the BBQ lol

129. Xenith on June 16, 2008 at 4:12 pm

OMG THANK YOU MIKE! /runs off to chat rooms …

Sorry just so excited as I have only ever heard Mark play this not Chester😀 …I’m so behind!

lol Mike you sound like 15 on this Xero copy :

Grats on the award, what video was it for? LOATR I hope🙂 – Joe did an AMAZING job on that! < 3

130. Zephran on June 16, 2008 at 4:06 pm

Grats on the award🙂

And damn, its so cool when the fans “know the lyrics” and sing along, even though you might have proved that they sang totally wrong right now ^^

Hope Brad is feeling better so that you can get back to Sweden soon and give us a special performance😉

And hey, of course we want to see another bra scenario! http://youtube.com/watch?v=yjBKciVQ2e0

131. ManBearPig on June 16, 2008 at 4:04 pm

You’re welcome on behalf of Canada.🙂 We don’t forget about you guys. Can’t wait to see you at Edgefest and the Quebec City Summer Festival. You know us Canadians can bring it. And a supplemental thank you for even playing those shows. I know I asked you back in Detroit in February about not playing Canadian dates, so these two (even just the two) are very welcome. Also, thanks for the RME info. Always appreciated.

132. lynndarwinharris on June 16, 2008 at 4:03 pm

First of all congrats on the award!!! Second Thank you so much for the lyrics and the video. I have seen the video, but always wanted the lyrics! You guys are the best!!! Thanks so much and I hope Brad is better! LDH

133. Zmazhiing on June 16, 2008 at 3:46 pm

sigh Congrats to the award ^____^ The second video was kinda funny, they guys next to the camera got so freaking excited😄

134. EllePi on June 16, 2008 at 3:44 pm

i really like this song, thanks for the lyrics. It’s cool you don’t forget your old songs, because we have always loved them. Congratulations for the awards. It’s really a pleasure to see your blog everyday🙂 I hope brad feels better now. Caroline from France

135. Zmazhiing on June 16, 2008 at 3:44 pm

Congrats to the award ^_______^ The second video was kinda funny, they guys next to the camera got so freaking excited 😄

136. So_S on June 16, 2008 at 3:44 pm

congrats on the award Mike!🙂

and thanks for the lyrics! i hope you play Reading my eyes in Athens😀

137. oOTenshiOo on June 16, 2008 at 3:43 pm

Hey =) Thank you for the Lyrics.. I wonder you still have it..
    I remind the first time Ive heard this song, it seems to be a kind of words without any context.. But its a song that give u the chance to build your own sense… so I like it ^^

Hope the Germany shows will be awsome.. I’ll see you there, you probably not me…

138. lp_fm_fan on June 16, 2008 at 3:39 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Mike!

I always try to rap along with you, but I can never catch up. After all these years of knowing that song….I can never quite catch up.:/

139. PankakeMunky on June 16, 2008 at 3:37 pm

oh sweet, thanks for the lyrics. you are right, some of it doesn’t make sense but it’s still an amazing song either way. thanks again!

140. Zach on June 16, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Play reading my eyes at edgefest!

141. MayJ on June 16, 2008 at 3:29 pm

I was so happy to have a chance to see you guys playing “Reading My Eyes” in Tokyo!!!!

142. Jome on June 16, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Congrats on the award🙂

I think it’s great that you guys are playing RMY. It’s such a cool song, and nice to see the true lyrics, cause to be honest, it’s quite difficult to hear🙂

Mike, is there a chance that you will play And One at some point? It’s my absolute favourite LP song, it just has so much energy, and yeah, awesome song😀

And how’s Brad?

143. beliss_shin on June 16, 2008 at 3:24 pm

Hi Mike!
    I´m spanish and I´m new here. My English is very bad, and I hope that you can understand it.
    I want that you know that LP has been the beginning of my love for the music, you were the beginning of my passion. In addition, to say to you that the songs are incredible, and the letters even more. I think that your great talent inspires many people and that you do not imagine the emotions that I feel on having listened in the end, not roads left … only I hope that your visits to Spain are more often, because your fans of here are and will be always unconditional .
    you are the best!!!!

144. nillp on June 16, 2008 at 3:22 pm

thank u so much for the real lyric.. this demo is really great and is good to know its truly “interpretation”..!😀

congratulations for the award..!😉

and btw, as u said u’r not going to play no roads left live (at least not in a near future), u guys should definitively play carousel..😀

anyway. hope brad is way better..!

take care all u and keep rocking. (:

love ya ~ mk’nil ♥

145. Bajannez on June 16, 2008 at 3:17 pm

Those lyrics; I really don’t get how you write that stuff, it’s really really awesome. I play music with my best freinds too, damn… if our singer could write like that…🙂

I saw you at Skive BP, it was me and my freind you pointed at when you said you saw some LPUers down there. The excitement when you started that song was really amazing, random festival people didn’t have a clue but the hardcore LP fans went nuts.

146. flyingr on June 16, 2008 at 3:11 pm

First congrats for the award!!!!!
    cool song, are you going to play that song in Dusseldorf -Germany ? Or mabye QWERTY? Hopefully.
    I can´t wait to see and “meet” you guys there (we´ve got the Music for relief tickets from the charity auciton on ebay)…. Hopefully it´s you and rob…Hopefully Brad is feeling better.
    see you there😀

147. JayRod13 on June 16, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Mike i remember you guys playing this song with your old singer. Back in the days, i dont really remember what club and as much as i wanna say it was the whiskey a go-go, i feel like i could be wrong. Anyways, Dope song. Brings back good High School memories. I think i might even still have one of thoses tapes. I know i have the point of authority one. Alright man, Hope brad gets better and i look forward to seeing you at the ARt Show.

148. valerix85 on June 16, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Congratulation for the award Mike! Reading My Eyes is beautifull!!!
    Anyway…Brad feels better?

149. Pei on June 16, 2008 at 3:09 pm

The lyrics…kinda cute, reminds me of cute mini robots…i dunno why ehehehehe ^-^!!

150. inga on June 16, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Congrats for the award! And thanks for the lyrics:) by the way.. it was amazing, when you perform reading my eyes life in Lithuania:) hope to see you here again someday:)

151. Elliot_aka_MC_Eli on June 16, 2008 at 2:59 pm

Pretty dope mike, play forgotton as well haha. Hell, just make a 25 song setlist, with fort minor and dead by sunrise.

gj on the award!!!

152. big_bad_lukas on June 16, 2008 at 2:53 pm

hell yeah !!!!! go lp !!!!!
    this song is awsome mike
    u should play the other xero songs as well… joe should play fuse…that would be cool

153. LaKennyLP on June 16, 2008 at 2:49 pm

CONGRATS FOR THE AWARD MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DESERVED IT!!!!!!! :)))

i think thi demo is awesome mike, i think you would come back to those demos for remind us you still remember them😛

anyways, i think your performance in tokyo almost 2 years ago was perfect. you did a great great job, i hope i could see sometime ‘qwerty’ or ‘reading my eyes’ and live it as i lived your performance in madrid, the last 6.7.08…
    thank you for your work and thank you too for make my dream real… :’)

-mary (spain) LOVE YOU FROM HERE, YOU KNOW IT!!!

154. Blaesbjerg on June 16, 2008 at 2:45 pm

Congrats with the award.🙂

Nice to hear about Readin my eyes, when you played it in Denmark everybody was totally Cheered! And i mean TOTALLY!
    And cool with the lyrics! Posted by Mike himself! It’s really awesome Mike, thanks you are so awesome!