linkin park news

June 19, 2008

two great new things on the band website…

firstly, there is a great “making of the video” clip for LEAVE OUT ALL THE REST (it’s also at the bottom of this page on the widget). you have to watch it, there are some classic moments.

secondly, to all young bands in the U.S.: we’re joining up once again with MTV2 to offer you a chance to play projekt revolution. if you know someone in a band who is eligible, make sure they sign up…the winning band gets to play projekt revolution this summer!

head over to linkinpark.com to check both things out:

1. rockermeg on June 23, 2008 at 11:51 am

Hehehe the making of video is hilarious!! I love videos like that cos it really makes you appreciate all the blood.sweat and tears that went into making it. And that makes it even better!

Ah man my brother and his band were pissed at you guys when they heard you were only doing that band competition in the US…but,you know,they’re so lazy they just expect things to fall into their laps…I think the battle of the bands thing is a great idea.

Still waiting on news from Brad😦,

LoveToYou,Brad,Chester,Phoenix,JoeAndRob,

Megnxx

2. nillp on June 21, 2008 at 1:48 pm

haha; the making of is amazing..

really great and funny.. lol

congratulations! ♥

3. zimminator on June 20, 2008 at 10:49 pm

hahah ninja shoes!!!! lol that was funny. i wish i could have that much fun……lol i really wish i was in a band….damn

4. axrinekey on June 20, 2008 at 10:44 pm

Hahaha!
    I’ve watched the making of Leave out all the Rest~~

xDD It’s so funny!!

You’re so in love with the astronaut’s helmet >D

5. zimminator on June 20, 2008 at 10:37 pm

DUDE YOU SHOULD TOTALLY ADD BLUE FELIX TO THE TOUR THEY ARE AWESOME! IM GONNA GO TALK TO HIM TO SIGN UP!

and now to go watch your video….

6. asianotter on June 20, 2008 at 3:06 pm

thanks, Mike! LOVE the bahind the scenes footage. you guys are so cute and funny! hope Brad is doing better. have rockin’ shows come back to the Cali safe. see you at JANM in a couple weeks!

7. BlackEagle2006 on June 20, 2008 at 10:26 am

hay mike, i would like to wish you lots of fun tomorrow in munich🙂 the weather should be great. see you tomorrow😀 i´m so happy it´s my first linkin park live concert🙂
    greetings Max

8. Marlena_LP on June 20, 2008 at 7:30 am

Hahahaha these shoes…You know,you could wear them on stage xD

It really looks like you had a lot of fun and it is a really cool video

See you tomorrow in Munich (wait tomorrow?…aaaah awesome!!!!)
    Marlena_LP

9. shinoda_me on June 20, 2008 at 5:37 am

“the only other important person has arrived! (tries not to roll his eyes)” … hahahhahahhahahah

“these shoes are like Ninja shoes with laces” … LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. shinoda_me on June 20, 2008 at 5:36 am

lol … funny stuff …the way Chester explained everything around cracked me up …
    oooh! i’d like to sleep in one of those things (in the video it looked like you had a tiny nose ring on while sleeping .. haha! someone has it on their sig on LPMB so its super-evident)… Joe’s done some real nice job … =) … oh … the trick behind Phi’s floating is hilarious .. but awesome … you guys are great

11. Ilo on June 20, 2008 at 4:53 am

I´ve seen the making of……I allways like to see how things/you works. I liked the part where Brad was saying that he likes it more when he can just stand on stage an play guitar……the way he looked was fantastic!! ;-))

And I´d like to repeat myself……this is a real good video, for me the best you´ve ever made….congrats fo Josef!!

Ilo

12. Blaesbjerg on June 20, 2008 at 3:47 am

Firstly i think it’s really great of you guys, to give another band the oppertunity to be in Projekt revolution!.. To the band who goes, they are REALLY lucky..
    It’s great to see the making of leave out all the rest, and nice to see you guys still have some humor xD And basically just see how you work and so on..

13. ThunderStrike on June 20, 2008 at 2:34 am

I’ve really been wanting to watch that vid. And it’s really nice that you’re doing this for new bands. Not only will it help them be recognized but it’ll give them some exposure and you guys will surely inspire them to do their best!! =D

14. crystalrussianla on June 19, 2008 at 11:39 pm

i love Zoolander (a spaceship for ants) that was funny
    and the mobster impression but i already seen it on youtube like yesterday or to day’s ago
    !! good stuff good stuff !! keep’em comeing oh i think it’s cool you guy’s r doing this for unknown band’s
    your the best mike love ya GODBLESS oh and im sorry to say i did like antony’s art im chirstian i didnt
    like the message in to of the pic’s sorry ur the only artest i like

15. Arsalan on June 19, 2008 at 7:48 pm

Hey, Mike please check out a wallpaper I made for online promotions for MACHINE SHOP MARKETING.
    img src=”http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8/lpmsmws6.jpg

My online portfolio for more machine shop images
    hope you like it.
    Peace!

16. Mickey on June 19, 2008 at 5:02 pm

Gah! I’ve been trying to watch the making of LOATR for days, but the widget is a bitch to me and won’t play…or show anything, for that matter. And the tv thing on the LPU isn’t any better. PMS, maybe?

17. nikkiann0100 on June 19, 2008 at 4:34 pm

Those clips are funny. I guess Brad wasnt feeling the hair dryer. I can imagine how long it takes to dry his hair. lol.

18. NeneLP88 on June 19, 2008 at 4:30 pm

I’ve already watched the making of on LP’s site.. Nice^^ When I was watching I was like “mhmmm bad Mike! They’ve uploaded this video here and he hasn’t told us anything!” And here it is =P

Anyway, now I’m gonna sleep cuz tomorrow I’ll be at my first LP live show!! I’m so excited and I guess I won’t sleep that much ^.^’

Mike, you’re already in Venice, isn’t it? So, please, don’t stay in to post stuff on your blog..😄 Go out and visit our wonderful car-less town in northern Italy, if you haven’t done it yet.. (joking =P) Nah, don’t worry I won’t be there stalking you, I’m not from Venice =PPP

See you tomorrow evening, then!!! < 3 =D

19. analoggirl on June 19, 2008 at 4:26 pm

Loved the video! Your blue screen shenanigans and mobster impression were pretty hilarious. 😀 I also liked Rob’s feeble attempt to get more face time and Brad’s method acting. (lol) Question: do you actually check out the bands that win the MTV2 contest?

20. Zmazhiing on June 19, 2008 at 4:06 pm

Saw it earlyer today,it was really funny ^^ Don´t know if you seen this but its funny as hell x’D It´t one of my favorite video, i have seen it about a million times, but im not as everybody else😛

21. lp_fm_fan on June 19, 2008 at 3:59 pm

I love the making of!😀

Oh, annnnnd it’s awesome that y’all are doing that for upcoming bands.🙂

22. Madlen on June 19, 2008 at 3:55 pm

haha i saw it yesterday:Dhaha i loved the part in which you said “i think the feds are on to us”😀 and the space shoes are really cool too:D

23. Mitch on June 19, 2008 at 3:00 pm

haha great!

24. cuz on June 19, 2008 at 2:41 pm

yeahhhhhhh i saw this video few hours ago and it’s fantastic!!!!!!!!!! i almost died of laugh watching this xDDDDDDDDDD especially love the scenes with you acting like a child and Phi when you had to run in the vessel ;D it’s one of the best LPTV ever if not the best ;D THANK YOU FOR THIS ;D

25. Zara on June 19, 2008 at 2:41 pm

“what is this? a spaceship for ants?” I LOVE Zoolander
    Not long til PRUK!

26. Sammy on June 19, 2008 at 2:17 pm

thats so nice from yours to take other unpopular bands with you !!!!

27. Jhuryn on June 19, 2008 at 2:12 pm

“The roaming charges are out of this world.”
    hahahahaha love it.

You guys looks like caged zoo animals in your “sleeping pods”.

KILLER VIDEO!

28. CHEN_IL on June 19, 2008 at 2:11 pm

you are so great!!!!!! you are like the best of the best of the best! you are so cuteeee❤ i love u linkin park :] come to israel!!!! :'[

29. Jhuryn on June 19, 2008 at 2:01 pm

My friends band is trying out for the Ohio spot. They’re called Relic and their debut cd is being released this week. Check them out!

30. Doggie24690 on June 19, 2008 at 1:42 pm

I agree man, that was some funny shit off The Making Of video. Haha, duke-o-meter.

31. merve on June 19, 2008 at 1:38 pm

i watched the making of LOATR…yes,you’r right!there are some classic moments..:)i guess,you guys had so much fun(as always!:))……i realy love your working style coz,you guys have fun with what you’r doing and love it,because of this you get great results in the end!:)

32. Shinodabestfriend on June 19, 2008 at 1:38 pm

……….hope you’re in Italy Miiiiiiiike!!!! =) :* we’re happy that you’re in our country!! WELCOME!!! …..if you’re really in Italy… -.- tomorrow….. HEINEKEN JAMMIN FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ………but I can’t be there…….. =( oh dear I’m so unlucky………. CIAO MIKE!!!!!!😀 love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Jenn on June 19, 2008 at 1:36 pm

hah Ive been waiting to see the making of for leave out all the rest. that video was incredibly amazing! it was one of the best you guys have put out, and definitely the best on m2m. is loatr on any TV channels, like MTV or fuse? i don’t watch that much TV at all, but i haven’t seen it on TV yet. this video is worthy of being on television🙂.

btw, 27 more days until PR08 in Mansfield😀

34. Miky1977 on June 19, 2008 at 1:31 pm

Miky…. only one question…. today is 19, right? I wanna ask you if you’re already in iItaly for the “Heineken Jammin Festival”… are you??😮 well… if it’s so, i want to say you “WELCOME!” this is my country! =) BENVENUTO IN ITALIAAAAAA!!!! =D

35. Miky1977 on June 19, 2008 at 1:23 pm

DEAR GOD MIKE YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL!!! o.o

36. Xenith on June 19, 2008 at 1:21 pm

LMAO just watched the ‘Making of video’ LOVE brad with his godly barnet and you in the space helmet… Laughing so much here! Ive said it before and I will say it again; Joe did an amazing job!

37. Shinodabestfriend on June 19, 2008 at 1:11 pm

and I’m the second!!! ;( no fair!!😀 joking… I’ve already seen the making of Leave out all the rest…🙂 SH*T MIKE YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!! …..awwww your smiile…… soooooo sweety😉 ….. you’re my beatiful angel…. ;( I’m so tired…. you’re my dream, Miky….;( how do you feel to know that you’re a dream so far???! …..I just want to see you………. ……one time…….. …only one…………… but I know I can’t………… you will stay my dream forever……………….

38. Xenith on June 19, 2008 at 1:01 pm

Good luck all… I look forward to seeing your acts🙂

39. Daga280 on June 19, 2008 at 12:50 pm

haha Im the first one !!!! xD im going to watch it🙂 and im tryin’ to watch ‘we made it’ on the LPUTV but i cant open it ;( but i wont give up haha and Mike-greets for the ‘sweet dunkey’ haha and have a nice evening😉

D A G A 2 8 0