video section

June 27, 2008

new addition to this site: a videos section.
you can embed my video (and future ones) on your page if you like.
this is a video piece i did for the glorious excess show.

GLORIOUS EXCESS: SIRENS AND SILENCE
Running Time: 13 minutes
“A short film I shot and edited on tour, spliced with other footage i obtained. This is a visual compliment to the nine new paintings that make up my GLORIOUS EXCESS (BORN) art show, running from July 12 to August 3 at the Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles. For directions to the show visit janm.org. For a sneak-peek at the art, visit mikeshinoda.com.”

some folks are having trouble getting to the videos section. empty your cache in your browser. if you’re still having trouble, it’s here:

1. koocoomoo on December 7, 2011 at 12:43 am

For me, personally, I feel like I get so inspired by the famous people that I admire that I want to pay back. And there’s so much emotion and excitement that I feel like endless adoration is the only sufficient response. And I recognize so many comforting things in whoever I’m infatuating over at the moment, that it actually gives me more comfort and confidence as a person to know they exist. Then I’m ashamed because i feel like crossing over the line of balance is wrong somehow, even if I don’t hurt anyone. I mean (cliche) you did sign up for this. But does that mean I have to succumb to the worst part of it? How else can I be noticed by you?
    /introspection

2. koocoomoo on December 7, 2011 at 12:40 am

Like one of the ladies in the beginning said, a fan can feel very close to (daily-companion-close) a celeb, and yet know they’re far away. This makes one feel safe to over-indulge because we feel no consequence will ensue. So when we actually meet you, it seems unreal, and we kind of don’t even understand that we are civilized human beings, and our emotions overtake us. So the main feeling I get is frustration. Relief when you get to be alone and take a break, but just utter frustration in the insanity of the noise. I don’t know if I could handle it, I might have gone Kurt Cobain in that situation. But also frustration in that…

3. koocoomoo on December 7, 2011 at 12:37 am

Woash. Last comment was in 2008?
    This was interesting. I didn’t feel a huge sense of loneliness, only a little bit when I realized that you guys are married.. but you still have to sleep alone a lot of the time.😦 Mostly I just felt nauseated by how huge and shallow the black whole of celebrity obsession is. But then i feel like a hypocrite kind of, because I go through phases of obsessing over musicians and actors too. My excuse is that they’re not “fake”, as if I’d REALLY know.
    And I understand the desperation of diehard fans because…

4. zimminator on July 3, 2008 at 6:07 pm

wow mike. this really moved me. that was really cool how we could see what your life is like mostly. i felt like you just woke me up from a dream and made me realize that you are no different then me. wow. i give you and the rest of linkin park so much more respect now. and i gave you respect before too lol

5. ChazyChazLP on July 1, 2008 at 10:28 am

I’ve seen this vid after the Berlin concert. Especially the end has shocked me, really. I didn’t know that some of the fans overreact like this. It’s frightening. I never thougt about how we must look like when we do such things.
    I feel guilty and I just wanna say sorry for the disrespect which I have shown.

-Jay.

6. ChazyChazLP on July 1, 2008 at 10:28 am

Even though I’m 18, I was actin’ pretty childish. I shouted, cried, photographed, filmed and all this stuff fangirls do at concerts. I have had a circulatory collapse after a few songs and the security dragged me from the crowd.
    I went to three further concerts this year and I have to say, that I was acting kinda freaky at every single show.
    I have put my camera forthright into your faces. I have called your names and have worn a shirt with the inscription “Chester The Molester” just to get one short feeling of attention. That you guys know my face and will remember me.

7. ChazyChazLP on July 1, 2008 at 10:28 am

…after careful consideration – here’s my comment for this video.
    First: I am one of these… let’s say “hardcore” Linkin Park fans. We know so much more than the name of the latest album, your birthdays, …more than current tour dates.
    As you will know by yourself, it is normal when teenagers pick out their idols and admire them to death.
    You guys are my idols for over 5 years. My parents forbidden me to go to concerts before I was 18 and thus I have seen LP the first time live back in January.

8. ell93 on July 1, 2008 at 8:57 am

hi Mike, I have one question…what you think about people tone-deaf? some people say that hearing the music, there is even people who are not hearing the music as I can sing pure and can play the musical instrument. said it will be really difficult and will require a lot of time, but respect it. You think that this could work? I am interested in your opinion. a lot I would like to give music, but still I am from that discourages many people. think that this could come out? Please Write, I did not want to test in vain.

bye for now ( blackyguitar@seznam.cz )

9. nillp on July 1, 2008 at 8:46 am

today i bought the vol. 3 of “the best of rap” (an unofficial dvd that i buy here in BRAZIL) and for my (wonderful) surprise, it started playing “we made it”.. and i don’t know if i’ve ever mentioned it, but, in the vol. 1, there’s “remember the name”..😀

anyway.. just wanted to share this w/ u and remind to u that exists a country in south america, called BRAZIL, where LP’s work is really appreciated and has A LOT of fans who are anxiously waiting LP’s back.. ;P much love from brazil. ♥

10. bec on July 1, 2008 at 5:32 am

Ooo I really should mention (sorry for spamming your blog, this really is on topic) – one of the things I noticed when I lived in Japan was that the japanese fans go a little overboard with your travel arrangements. They look up what flights you might be on and discuss it on the official japanese LP site. This would not be allowed on the LPU or LP.com boards.

I remember getting PMs with your flight details and times to meet at the airport when you did the Fort Minor show…I didn’t go – I’m quite sick of seeing airports.

Anyways, if you want this stopped, look into better moderation of the boards and keeping your flight arrangements a little more secret.

11. Frerard on July 1, 2008 at 5:19 am

Mike, sorry if this isn’t related to your post. am trying to help a friend’s charity project, maybe you’d be interested to support or at least just take a look.

The project is called Canvases For Cures

And the explanation from the founder can be found here
    Original post (yes, MCR community haha)

I would love to post everything’s up, but the comment is only limited to 700 characters. So yeah, click them links!

Thanks a lot!

Octa

12. Ekay on July 1, 2008 at 4:23 am

Nice video.it really shows how hard it is to tour and be away from home.though that it is when you are a superstar.thank god,i’m not a hysteric fan like some girls on the video. you gotta respect your idols, not stalk and annoy them. there was one typo on 11.03 (Preisdent) if you haven’t noticed.just to let you know:) hope to see you back in europe soon! have a great PR-tour in the US!

13. lynndarwinharris on June 30, 2008 at 10:34 pm

Sorry Mike, second post, I have posted this video and referenced this site twice over in myspace. Like I said before, I appreciate everything you do for us fans.

14. nikkiann0100 on June 30, 2008 at 7:16 pm

Thats a good video. I really wish I could go see your art show. I t must be irratating to be constantly bothered like that. You must be patient. That would be hard for me to do. But I guess it is worth it in the end being able to do what you love to do.

15. hybridkyoto on June 30, 2008 at 6:40 pm

hm… this is kind of off the topic, but i wanted to thank you, mike, for recommending the movie ‘persepolis’ a while back, because i finally saw it and really liked it, though i might not have picked it up had you not mentioned it. sorry about how hectic life can be, but take care. do what you love, kay? thanks bunches.

16. bec on June 30, 2008 at 5:46 pm

it’s very worrying – I adore Rob – I’m very excited about it being July 1st and Rob month – and I’m now having all these crazy concerns about him actually looking great with boobs and a wearing a leather mini skirt!

And Mike, if you have fans stalking you there is a way to get rid of them – you do as a friend of yours did to a boy sat outside the hotel in Australia:

“Dolphins need peace and quiet to sleep and just be – they need time alone to rest – and so do people in a band. Fan’s should respect a band and leave them to sleep like dolphins.”

Stalking fan went away assuming that particular member of your band (whom I won’t humiliate) had some sort of dolphin fetish!

17. Poetry on June 30, 2008 at 5:34 pm

Lmao that pic is terrifying! Someone needs to get out and play in the sunshine more…though Bec is kinda right about Rob O_O;;

18. prisonsecks on June 30, 2008 at 5:27 pm

Word, Bec, word.

Joe said hi to me, at least.

19. bec on June 30, 2008 at 5:22 pm

LMFAO!

I think the scariest part is that Rob’s head actually suits the body!!! He is definitely the star of that show – maybe Linkin Park can consider a drag queen video.

And to address your other comments regarding M&Gs – not only do security rush you out before you actually get to the table but it might be nice if a certain bandmember looked up at the fans saying “hi” instead of sulking at the table because he’s missing Jay-Z!!!!

I managed to get 5 wonderful street teamers into that M&G – between them they helped distribute 90000 flyers – they weren’t obsessed fans chasing you, they promoted the show and deserved to be greeted in a polite manner!!!!

20. prisonsecks on June 30, 2008 at 5:13 pm

Found this and thought…scarier than being chased by fans through an airport, no?

21. prisonsecks on June 30, 2008 at 12:32 pm

Part one: I can see how this left some people feeling lonely etc. And I can see how it was sobering. But I was also a bit offended. I felt like you were comparing those girls in the airport to the crazy fans who attack the objects of their affection. Probably I’m just reading the narrative of the piece wrong. But surely somebody else feels this way? It must be irritating when you just want to get to where you want to be and there are fans ambushing you.

22. prisonsecks on June 30, 2008 at 12:32 pm

Part two: But it’s not as if there’s any other way for fans to meet you, a lot of the time. Even meet and greets can hardly be classed as meeting you because the security guards shove you away from the table the second you get to the end and there’s barely a chance to speak to any of you. And the majority of fans don’t get into the meet and greets to begin with.

I hope I’m wrong and just being retarded about the whole thing. But either way, it made us all think.

ps: what is with the 700 character limit?!

23. Joanie_LP on June 30, 2008 at 11:47 am

10x 4 da link mike cuz I DO have troube with the page… the video section isn’t appearing😦

24. FeelToForget on June 30, 2008 at 10:21 am

I’ve heard so many rumors about a new album coming out at the end of his year, is that really true?
    I’ve also heard that it’s gonna be more like HT and Meteora, like more nu-metal….but i don’t know if any of these things are true, just heard so many things about it ( http://forums.linkinpark.com/showthread.php?t=6927.)
    I just think that it would be so great if you guys could add some more ‘old style’ back to your upcoming album.
    You guys rock and I love you!

25. shan1105 on June 30, 2008 at 8:19 am

Ok mike where is the milton keyes highlights, i know you can’t wait to blog about it. i bet it was off the hook!! i wasn’t there so i need to see some live footage. and i love the new art, can’t wait to buy some.
    check the link noe_kenji below left, that guy is really good. check out http://www.myspace.com/shiftyplay7879 and listen to some rap

26. Ilo on June 30, 2008 at 7:59 am

Hi Mike, it´s interesting to see how your days are going….I´m sure sometimes it would be nice for you and the rest of LP just be able to walk around incognito ;-)) One question: How many german TV stations can you watch in asia???

Have a nice time, Ilo

27. Chasy on June 30, 2008 at 4:38 am

Wow, hard stuff… I knew it’s stressful being famous and a star. Of course it has to be, becuz everyone knows you and so on… but like that? I never expected it could be so stressfull and hectic. Nice video, I’m really surprised about the fact no one needed to say something while you had filmed, MIke. But if someone would had it wouldn’t be that great and much saying. Thanks for sharing.

28. Parker on June 30, 2008 at 4:12 am

PART II

I’m proud of myself, because I don’t remember a lot of your concert in Brno. I mean my visual memory is quite emty of that day, because I was staring at the offset or spotlight. that day the only thing that was important for me, was your music (and I’m pround just because of that). I didn’t care to see you guys (sorry :] but it’s true…) I was standing there / jumping / singing very lound with you and enjoying your music. it was second time when I was on your concert (the first one was on 13.06.2007) and I did the same like at first time. I just want you to know it, because it’s really important for me.

I hope you know what I mean, because my english is not perfect😛

29. Parker on June 30, 2008 at 4:11 am

PART I

I still can’t see the video section, though I made my cashe emty, but I watched it by the link🙂 nevermind😛

the film is really great. good job. I think it’s sad. I mean, your life is so hard and that all freaky fans. it sucks, I think. sorry but I will never change my life instead of yours. I hope you will make out with it🙂 and other stars, of course🙂

30. RomanaW on June 30, 2008 at 3:23 am

Thanks for sharing the vid. I really was having tears in my eyes,
    I think it shows how hard the way of live is when you’re famous…
    And that it’s not so beautiful is as it looks. I would be going crazy if i had a life like that, like the thing with the police-cars,
    all the screaming fans. I can imagine that when you’ve had a show, you’re really tired and just wants silence around you,some privacy.

31. RomanaW on June 30, 2008 at 3:23 am

2 You’ve to live with a day-plan. At that time you must go to the concert-avenue, than you have to go to the meet & greet, than you’ve to go on stage etc etc. I think there’s not much time for spontaneous things, like doing something YOU want to do, not what other people expecting at that moment from you.
    It also looks hard to me that you’re family is far away. (i know that they’re sometimes coming with you, but it’s not the whole family..) You all have wife’s en Chester also have kids, and it looks hard to combine that with touring…
    I things the ‘Where’d you go’ vid express the feelings of such a situation. Specially the people talking at the beginning…

32. RomanaW on June 30, 2008 at 3:21 am

3 I hope you’re still having fun to perform in spite of the negative things. Personally that’s the most important thing when i see a show from LP. (saw Pinkpop,Netherlands last year & Düsseldorf, Germany last Saturday)
    I would wish you good like & hope you guys have a safety trip back to the U.S!
    & sorry for the long story, but I really wanted to comment you’re vid…

33. Ewelina16 on June 30, 2008 at 12:44 am

Thank you so much for that vid! It’s really interesting.

But now I see how you guys are really poor…😦 I can imagine you have enough of girls’ screaming: “I love you Chester”, “I love you Mike”…. I am a big fan of LP too, but at least I don’t stock you! I understand that you’re famous but that also means: you need some privacy!!!!. Come on people!!!! behave yourself!!! Chester and Mike are people too and they need some rest, and the other guys from LP too. They give us so much!!!!! After all, their concerts should be enough for us, cause their performance is alwasys so full of power!!!! They give all of themselves!!!!!

34. maria on June 29, 2008 at 11:42 pm

Hi Mike) That’s cool) that you’ve opened the video section) Thanks for sharing videos with us) You’re great Mike) A great musician that has ever lived on this Earth)) Yo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fiat Mike Shinoda!!!!!!!!! You’re a very talented person! It’s kinda great and gorgeous) And is everything ok)?

35. sakai94nagisa on June 29, 2008 at 10:18 pm

hey dose anyone have any pictures from LP’s consert in hongkong last november???
    if u do i would apreashate it…thx
    sry 4 the spelling,lol

LOVE UR NEW ART IT ROCKS!!! lyk u lol…

check this out if u have the time its some art i have done http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=278054&op=7&o=all&view=all&subj=2214410255&aid=-1&oid=2214410255&id=525889333

thx

36. Noe_Kenji on June 29, 2008 at 4:40 pm

OMG hes so talented!!! http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=5-e1oBnmEd8
    impossible to do the same with you mike😉

37. Noe_Kenji on June 29, 2008 at 4:36 pm

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!!!! YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS VIDEO!!! THIS GUY IS CERY TALENTED!!!!

hOPE YOU WILL READ THIS

38. shinnizle_lp on June 29, 2008 at 3:47 pm

really great!! but….do we actually look that crazy? OMG!! well, I think that at the end of the night you must be really exhastued with all the screaming ,the photos, the paparazzi, the fans..just for you to know…we kind of stock you cause we love you guys🙂 we’ll try to behive ourselves jeje

39. big_bad_lukas on June 29, 2008 at 3:22 pm

very cool
    is that a linkin park plane ??
    i saw this plane in lptv from what i remember
    lp airline😀

40. CHEN_IL on June 29, 2008 at 2:56 pm

nice , nice, nice, nice, nice!!!!!!!!! :] brilliant! i love it!! smart! clever:] interesting. totally interesting. watch and listen a little of your life was cool:] but above this- i realy like all the editting, etc. talented cute mike:]

41. Umi on June 29, 2008 at 10:27 am

Quotations from ‘psychology today’ … that’s fun😄 If this magazine is the same in the States as it’s over here… but seems like that. Yay! (I study psychology ^^) Quite interesting clip (but unforunately not enough place here to say more about it)! Btw, yesterday’s show was awesome! Though the venue denied to give us (first row) water in the beginning and later, after HIM, only like 2 sips or so… but somehow we managed to stay alive and the whole suffering was so worth it! You guys really kicked ass and I’d stay up at 4:30 am to be first row again, w/o even thinkng about it, everytime again – that’s for sure!🙂

42. ell93 on June 29, 2008 at 10:07 am

hi, I heard that you want go to Africa……It’s true?? I love Africa..it’s beautiful continent…I want visit Africa too….I love African nature and animal…..and African tribes…but situation in Africa is horrible….now…but I think that call in Africa can be very interesting

bye for now ( blackyguitar@seznam.cz )

43. ShadowerLiltani on June 29, 2008 at 5:14 am

Hey, thanks for posting up that link, by the way. See, we don’t have to ambush Mike, we get noticed online all the time ^ ___ ^ Good enough for me😉

44. Sammy on June 29, 2008 at 3:44 am

the video is cool it’s nice to see your life a little bit from your perspective isn’t it stressfull ??

45. Shinodabestfriend on June 29, 2008 at 1:25 am

HHIHIHIHI!! sooooooo cool!! :p

46. lynndarwinharris on June 28, 2008 at 10:58 pm

I felt so incredibly lonely after watching this video. In the beginning you see all the glamour and smiles, but toward the end you see isolation, body guards, police escorts and lonely hotel rooms. Seeing your world thru your eyes, definitely opened mine. All that I can say is that I appreciate everything that you guys do for your fans. I appreciate the talents you share with us both as a musician and an artist. Thank you.

47. shinoda_me on June 28, 2008 at 9:49 pm

I CANT HEAR ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :((((((((((((((((

48. jameshinoda on June 28, 2008 at 9:39 pm

hi guys, when the book go to be in stores?

49. ShadowerLiltani on June 28, 2008 at 8:25 pm

Yay! I can see the video! I liked it. I thought it was nicely shot. If I was a celebrity, I would feel very uncomfortable being friends with fans or interacting with fans the way you do. I’m also glad this video wasn’t a 13 min. complaint, like other famous people do. It’s just your day and how it goes by. You weren’t born with a spoon in your mouth like Paris Hilton, you, and your bandmates, have actually worked for your money. BTW, I saw The Happening today, and your 13 min. film beats the movie by a lot. I get a huge kick out of writing about movies, and put it on my DA: http://theartbook35.deviantart.com/journal/19098824/ We should compare notes over tea and crumpits😉

50. ivulka on June 28, 2008 at 4:13 pm

i feel weird after watching this.. i’m full of thoughts and feelings.. during the whole video i was wondering how you felt and now i’m just sitting in my room, no lights on.. and still thinking.. i can’t explain it..
    but the only thing i know is that i don’t love you (sorry ;)).. love your music, the way you act and communicate with fans.. love your art .. and if i had a chance to meet you i would just say “thank you for everything you do” to you guys (instead of ‘love you’)..

51. NataliaForgotten on June 28, 2008 at 3:17 pm

Awesome video, I always wanted to know what do you guys do and feel when you travel, it seems so lonely and crazy. I laughed so loud when I saw those girls screaming! It seems like they love your body, not your music… ._. Also, I think these people in the end of the video aren’t fans, fans love their idols, I mean, at least they don’t kill them. These guys are called ‘crazy people’, I think.
    (the video is between ‘store’ and ‘photos’ on the top of the page, hm..)
    Love you Mickey o/

52. Mag_Shinizzle on June 28, 2008 at 3:07 pm

Hey sweet Mike ! Just stopping by to tell you I had a BLAST yesterday night in Berlin… My first PR ever and you and your buddies were just GREAT. THANK YOU. Much love from France, take care and say hi to this guy for me😉 He was so sweet🙂

So a video section ? And do you think of putting a message board ?
    I’m gonna watch this vid now xD
    xxx

53. Alexandra on June 28, 2008 at 2:40 pm

forgot to say about the hotel rooms…. i have never seen such big rooms…and what can one person do there?? i could live there with my family of 6 persons and with my cat… damn… so cold there.and yeah… i agree with other comments that this video is full of lonely feelings and and and and… i have no words.. just thoughts…and i leave them with me:) Thanks again!!

54. Alexandra on June 28, 2008 at 2:28 pm

i’m just glad that i’m not one of those crazy girls ..of course i love linkin park too…but its not love between man and woman (LOL) it’s respect i think…Thanks Mike for making this video.. i like the last moment in the video when you close the door…very nice ending:) Does the girl say ”f*ck you” after she was screaming that she loves you? damn….

55. Alexandra on June 28, 2008 at 2:13 pm

if somebody can’e find it try this link : http://www.mikeshinoda.com/video i don’t have the section too:)
    now i know how is it to be a celebrity… on first side-diamonds money and life with no problems,on other side-continual bothering and crazy fans… i don’t want to be a celebrity:D its very annoying sometimes when people just bother you and u cant just simply walk without guards or smth like that.(i guess). obsession…scary word..its so insane when people(creatures) kill they idols..damn….for last time i hear this word”obsession” very often.. i have so much things in my miind right now….

56. I_B_Long on June 28, 2008 at 2:12 pm

i dont know if this is an apropriate place to ask this, but ive been kinda arguing with my hubby about linkin park ( me likey, he not so much anymore) anyway, his last email said: “I don’t really care about them or any other band. While they are playing music and having fun, I’m in a shit hole. None of them ever come out here. They might go to Kuwait but thats it.”
    he’s in iraq. so i was wondering why that is? why dont you guys ever go “out there”?
    love ya
    bia

57. Parker on June 28, 2008 at 2:06 pm

am I blind? ;> can somebody, of these lucky beggars who can see this video, help me? :D:D:D believe me, I’m trying, and trying to find it and I just can’t see it xD

58. analoggirl on June 28, 2008 at 1:58 pm

PART 2 – Lastly, the section on crazed fans was a bit unsettling. Most of us know about Chester’s recent experience but none of us really know what it was like – for all of you. I respect and appreciate the fact that you still make yourself available to your fans through M&Gs, signings and blogs. It means a lot to know that you’re as dedicated to your fans today as you were years ago.

59. analoggirl on June 28, 2008 at 1:56 pm

That video was very sobering… and a bit disturbing. Once again, I love the names for your pieces. The juxtaposition of the sirens (and screaming) against the eerie silence of the motorcade and hotel room was pretty effective. I guess it speaks to the dichotomy of your lifestyle. LIke RubyRed82 mentioned, there are trappings and benefits of fame and I suppose you straddle that line every day. And everyone in the band probably addresses the idea of “celebrity” differently. Chester launches Ve’cel and celebrates his rock star image and you produce Glorious Excess. Both are honest expressions from a band that’s both grounded and bigger than life.

60. Parker on June 28, 2008 at 1:54 pm

but I still can’t see it😦

61. Parker on June 28, 2008 at 1:53 pm

somebody said that I have to post a comment to see the video so I’m doing it xD

62. LpFm182 on June 28, 2008 at 12:47 pm

I have a new look for you and the celebrities, I know you have a good life, a good job, but when I look this video, I have a new look for the celebrities, you’re video in the end is greting I think. And i have haste (? sorry my english is not very good ) to look your art work ^^ and your new DC shoes !! ( it’s always the 1st july ?? )

63. Shinizzle3 on June 28, 2008 at 12:08 pm

still can’t find it…searched on the whole page…where is it?! Help me pls!😦

64. nillp on June 28, 2008 at 10:45 am

i loved this new section.. can’t wait to see more videos.😀

this one was pretty good..

take care; love ya ~ mk’nil ♥

65. Kaeru on June 28, 2008 at 10:28 am

the video is hard stuff to many zomm’s and pan’s and the cut´s thats awful. i know what you mean but i hope when you stand of the stage you forgot it and have fun ^^

66. murry on June 28, 2008 at 10:08 am

That seems so… chaotic and lonely. You know, for some reason, I never think of you guys living like that. I don’t know if it’s because you seem so grounded or just because you’re far removed from all that in my head. And I always think living that life, traveling all over the globe and all that, seems so glamorous and exciting. But this… It just seems depressing. I knew that the people stuck with paparazzi following them around everywhere must have it hard, but I never imagined the rock star life could feel so cold.

67. Kaeru on June 28, 2008 at 9:07 am

^^” i know this is the wrong place but im interestet in the gifts you becomme from fans
    do you can make some pics please?
    tata hug

68. Zmazhiing on June 28, 2008 at 8:27 am

I seen it now x) I searched on http://www.Mikeshinoda.com/video and it worked ;D

Doesn´t it bother you when all the girls screams that they love you? x’D Or is it just flattering?🙂 Anyway i thought this video was an eye-open-something x) I realize a bit how heavy it would be to be a celebrity och how nice it must be for you guys to come home (or to your hotel) and rest🙂 Hope your not gonna be sick or something because of all stress. Take care🙂

69. amp101 on June 28, 2008 at 8:16 am

Very thought provoking. I commend you for sharing such intimate aspects of your life with us, and it certainly serves to prove a point. I’m interesting to tie this piece together with your art.

70. Zmazhiing on June 28, 2008 at 8:00 am

I cant see it x’D Maybe i´m blind, this really bother me x)

71. KellyKasulis on June 28, 2008 at 7:59 am

Oh, and I think that video opens eyes a bit to the fact that celebrities are people, too.

72. KellyKasulis on June 28, 2008 at 7:55 am

You know, I always hear about those crowds that chase the celebrities and the obsessed fans that go a bit far… And I kind of have that in mind– that that’s the life of a celebrity– but that video just amazed me for some reason. When there were fans that had to be pulled back constantly and said things like, “Mike! I love you!” or “I love you Chester!”, it kind of made me gawk at the video for a moment. And to think that there are thousands and thousands of fans that do that on a daily basis. Hell, I would even do that if I worked up the guts.

I don’t know; point being, that video really fascinated me. Haha.

Anyone else agree?

73. Poci on June 28, 2008 at 7:29 am

After than i wrote the comment, iv got a new menu called “videos “!

74. Poci on June 28, 2008 at 7:28 am

Ive got it! I see it! In a new menu!

75. ShadowerLiltani on June 28, 2008 at 7:27 am

Poci, Shinizzle, looks like I’m not the only one…. MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sniffle I wanna see the video….

76. Poci on June 28, 2008 at 7:25 am

I don’t see it! Please somebody tell me, how i can watch the video! I search here, and the art menu, and dont find! Im so stupid? Somebody wrote in other comment, he saw this!

77. ShadowerLiltani on June 28, 2008 at 7:14 am

😄 poke and prod So, is the video on this site now, or you haven’t added it yet? Youtube page, maybe? Me can no find video… me upset… me wanna see video…. me don’t know why me talking like this…. me bored….

78. Shinizzle3 on June 28, 2008 at 7:03 am

can’t find this video, I’m too stupid!-.-

79. Madlen on June 28, 2008 at 6:44 am

btw can anybody tell me how can i put the video on my page?This is probably very easy to do but I don’t really know how to do it so can someone leave a comment on my page?

80. Madlen on June 28, 2008 at 6:33 am

I mean there are a lot of positive sides being a star,but not having any privacy or being chased by people for photographs or whatever…simply unfair.I’m getting even more excited for your art show now…and nice intro btw…it really fits:)

81. Madlen on June 28, 2008 at 6:32 am

That video is just so…genuine.I think that’s the perfect word to describe it.I agree with the other comments that your silence is fitting perfectly…this way everyone can truly see it from your point of view.The hotel scenes seems so…lonely…i can’t image what’s it like being away from your family for weeks,months.The whole “fans” part of the video actually scared me…i mean i have seen lots of videos of lp fans doing the same thing this girl was doing but not from that point of view…it’s just so…i dunno what to call it actually?

82. cuz on June 28, 2008 at 6:05 am

how much more hidden talents you have man, ha? after this video… no, i don’t know what to say, i’m just fucking shocked with the shots from Brno… i was at this show and i kind of know the person that was shoting you while you were shoting the people… http://wra.koscian.com/lpbrno/ http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=xijGmkZx7v0 longer version, you in 2 min, and other http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZM76x_JeY

but damn, this video is so thoughtful… your silence gives such a special atmosphere to it…

83. Siby on June 28, 2008 at 5:25 am

But well its the other, not so nice side of the success. You have to deal with that.
    LP_Fan: “And we have to watch this sh** every day =)”
    -then turn the tv off and read a book

ElliotakaMC_Eli:”And Airports is just a bitch for us normal folks. But then again, we don’t have private jets…… I hate you, such a cool life.”
    -Well using private jets ,having a lot of money and almost no private life or do not having such an opportunity to fly around the world but being happy with your private life.
    So we are normal…and they dont? Are they wizards?

Oh yeah and I am also looking forward to see the pictures.

84. Siby on June 28, 2008 at 5:24 am

Yeah the scenes with the screaming fans were scary but I think thats why you become popular and famous. You want to earn a lot of money, express yourself with your art and get attention from others.
    On the one side it really scares me how to be confronted with the fans and how they behave. Examples can be found in the video or on your website…while reading a few comments.
    But on the other side i just think “whatever, they get a lot of money and they chose their way of life on their own. No one forced them to do that.”
    And yes of course some fans do go too far. I think no one deserves obsessive fans,stalkers or what the hell.

85. teresamff on June 28, 2008 at 4:56 am

GREAT VIDEO! you do a amazing job doing this short video. this make people think a lot… how difficult is being in your postion, how hard is dealing with fans every day… i can’t wait for July 12th!🙂

86. msgirl on June 28, 2008 at 4:53 am

HAHA…..i would forget s/th…….the girl end of the video is so funny…..poor girl…..chesta chesta i love u…..mike i love u…..kiki….I LOVE YOU TOO GUYS……:)

87. Xenith on June 28, 2008 at 4:47 am

“The Cult that is Celebrity” It’s amazing seeing a day through your eyes Mike, I did not realize the amount you had to put up with and be subject to. It is clear to see what has inspired Glorious Excess.

88. msgirl on June 28, 2008 at 4:45 am

that’s all…….but mikey…..i said i wouldn’t try to become star……but u had to become stars….u ‘ve changed many people’s life…..example ..me!!i am learning english because of u,i am studying hard because of u(to go to university in america)…and i wanna live in US(because of u,if u weren’t from america,i wouldn’t care US,LA)..and i really have a dream now(which is seeing u guys) and i am sure i will make my dream come true. that’s why u had to become star…..u r the most important people to me…..:) thanx for everything…..and wait me please…i will come to u…..:)( DON’T AFRAID OF ME,I WILL NEVER KILL MY LIFE SUPPORTER)

89. msgirl on June 28, 2008 at 4:40 am

mikey,i understood many things from ur video…do u want to know what are these? 1.i didn’t know that u have such a difficult life…i thought that u were like others….in fact,u aren’t.guards,lots of fans,journalists,cameras every day 2.i will never try to become star…..of course i can’t.but if i had an opportunity,i wouldn’t try to become star.cuz i don’t have such an energy,stenght like u that i would die because of the pressure,stress.3.some fans are crazy….don’t worry mikey….lp fans never kill their inspiration,supporter,idol…..i have just one reason to kill someone…it’s if u die some day i will kill myself….kiki…but of course u r forever with me..:)

90. WhiteAngel on June 28, 2008 at 4:23 am

Woah. You didint get dizzy at the first hotel? That was HIGH ;D Anyway, about the video. As someone allready posted, that silence fits perfectly. And yet, this video was a bit scary. Like, the part with celebrities. Deaths and stuff like that. Also, the fans. I felt so uncomfortable. Like, I felt that I was the celebrity and I was just shuted up and hoping to go fast as I can to bus/car or whateva and dont point any attention to the fans couse like if I will, then Im dead meat.

91. Blaesbjerg on June 28, 2008 at 3:49 am

Damn! I can’t see your video:/ AND I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT! :s.. Doh doh doh!!
    Anyway, seems like you guys are getting VERY popular in Danish television, just saw Giving Up on the danish music channel on top 3 AND you guys are on The voice (another danish music television program) Dance chart, with Busta Rhymes on top 1!! People were texting that they got chills in their stomach every time they heard giving up and so on.. I’m very happy for you xD

92. LP_Fan on June 28, 2008 at 3:48 am

OMG you have watched our bad german TV =) And we have to watch this sh** every day =)

93. Jaclyn on June 28, 2008 at 2:53 am

Fianwien AND Shinodame, thank you very much for the link! Shinodame, the button must be in position ‘volume off’

But i cant understand why i cant see no video SECTION, no button leading to mikeshinoda.com/video😦

Now i am just listening to the sounds of the vid without watching…. it’s like to be on the other side….thank you ever so much for sharing, angel!

I guess there’s a fan video where a fangirl screaming I love you Chester and you’re shooting

94. Mark86 on June 28, 2008 at 2:15 am

I like it, especially your silence. (some comment on this page is the perfect contour of the video)

95. Carla on June 28, 2008 at 1:34 am

That was a really interesting video! I really like the tour footage is more like a day-in-the-life type of thing. I really like your choice of TV programs edited in, were very amusing as well. As for the hassling in the airport and fan section at the end, heh…I’m sorry, but I guess most/all of us [the fans] have contributed our part to that one way or another. >v>; If I were in your shoes like in the video, I’d feel grateful, yet scared at the same time. Aw, I’m sorry because honestly, I would have probably acted in a similar manner if I ever saw one of you guys! lol, now I think I see the point.

96. KATHYxx on June 28, 2008 at 1:22 am

That movie.. was eerie and scary in a way. Not in a slasher movie way, those are never actually scary. But this is the kind of video that makes me afraid, some element in there is disturbing.

If that makes any sense to you.

97. Diamondback on June 28, 2008 at 1:04 am

I’m a little late but I’d just like to let you know that the Michael Marsden video you posted a few days back couldn’t have been a more accurate description of how I felt after I saw you guys perform in Singapore! Except for the fact that I didn’t go to the show for another opening band. It’s cool to see someone who I can relate to like that.

98. ninguem on June 28, 2008 at 1:02 am

i really don’t understand about your video, you show how is your life on the tour?
    btw-which program you use to edit this video, and which camera did you use too? is a nice camera, i think maybe iphone or any nokia n series? could be nice if you post this😀

99. Elliot_aka_MC_Eli on June 28, 2008 at 12:13 am

….. so to go off topic………… I know that you guys like new and up coming music, can you check out my bro’s band. Kodiak Like the Bear http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=213967436
    They got offered to open up for Deftones, but it really didn’t work out in the end. driver_tdh@hotmail, you can “have someone” tell me what you think if you want

100. Elliot_aka_MC_Eli on June 28, 2008 at 12:13 am

Must be annoying as hell, can’t even go through an airport without being hassled. And Airports is just a bitch for us normal folks. But then again, we don’t have private jets…… I hate you, such a cool life😦 Although, I can feel warm and fuzzy inside when I wake up knowing, I don’t have any crazy deranged fans plotting to kill me haha. I really like this Glorious Excess exhibit. Some really meaningful paintings you’re showcasing. I wouldn’t have mind if you would mutter something to the camera though, would’ve added a more personal feel to it in my eyes.

101. I_B_Long on June 27, 2008 at 11:43 pm

i just wrote a nice, well thought out comment. when i hit submit, it disappeared. so i wrote it again, when iwas done, my son (1y/o) crawled under my chair and turned of my computer. i give up. nice video mike.
    you rock
    bia

102. renny on June 27, 2008 at 11:20 pm

That was really interesting. Especially watching what you see from day to day; how do you even get used to that?

103. Princess_MuzikChik on June 27, 2008 at 10:39 pm

LOL! Chester, Chester, i love you! Chester.. Chesteeeeeeeer!!! Mike i love you too.

104. shinoda_me on June 27, 2008 at 10:13 pm

…am i not supposed to be able to hear something? …’cause i cant
    …. yes, its on VOLUME ON … can someone help me out?😦 please??

105. shinoda_me on June 27, 2008 at 10:08 pm

FIANWIEN… thank you🙂

for lazy folks (me-like people) CLICK HERE if you can’t see the video😀

106. Fianwien on June 27, 2008 at 10:06 pm

Those who can’t find the video, try this: http://www.mikeshinoda.com/video

107. Doggie24690 on June 27, 2008 at 9:54 pm

A video section? F’n awesome man. Thank you so much! haha.

108. Jaclyn on June 27, 2008 at 9:32 pm

Sorry guys and where’s the video? I see nothing ((( please anybody answer

109. Heather_921 on June 27, 2008 at 9:28 pm

i think the video is great! i like the idea of having a videos section. some of those fans are… crazy we’ll say! lol cool shots though🙂

110. Hahninator on June 27, 2008 at 9:25 pm

Mike – First, I’d like to say cool video. I have a question though, and I don’t know if it’s appropriate for you to answer or not, but it’s up to you. If you could give some sort of an answer though, I’d appreciate it. While I am looking forward to the art show, I happened to see the video you just posted, and I was wondering if, at the end….were you referencing Devon (Chester’s stalker) in any way? It seems the last few minutes were talking about over-obsessed and crazy fans, with the quotes, and even the airport scene. It gave me chills because it seems like you were using an indirect reference…? Regardless, great video and see you at Proj Rev.

111. mina on June 27, 2008 at 7:52 pm

Private jets? Now, Michael, that’s not being environmentally friendly.

Though kudos for having the patience to go through what you go through in a day. I wouldn’t be able to deal with fame.

112. axrinekey on June 27, 2008 at 7:24 pm

It’s 12:42 minutes😛
    Hahaha!

Anyway, it’s really fun watching the video..
    Though sometimes I feel dizzy when you turn the camera so fast and round and round @___@

I love the dawn, and when you shot a few sceneries in your hotel room. They’re great.
    (personally, I do love sceneries like that xD)

the fans are scary! xD

113. alyeska39 on June 27, 2008 at 7:12 pm

wow, lots of insight. very well done, it really gets your point across. it’s gotta be creepy having random people follow you around, screaming at you, and you guys don’t even have the worst of it.

114. kairimai on June 27, 2008 at 6:18 pm

Wow..such a deep and amazing video. Made me kinda dizzy too.🙂 You can’t go through an airport without being swarmed by fans! I can’t imagine that..really good video. It’s sick how much some people are obsessed with celebrities (as your video shows ^^) Awesome!

115. ms_shock on June 27, 2008 at 6:09 pm

That’s SO gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!!)))

116. bec on June 27, 2008 at 5:48 pm

“arse” cheryl – you are British – the sun shines out of his arse!

117. Ann on June 27, 2008 at 5:37 pm

where’s the video??
    :S

118. Cheryl_PTT on June 27, 2008 at 5:29 pm

P.s Mike we made a discovery last week in Dublin –

The sun really does shine outta your ass…..:D

2 days to MK

119. Cheryl_PTT on June 27, 2008 at 5:24 pm

GET WELL SOON CYN

And yes, where is this magical Video section you speak of?

120. Cyn_DarthYak on June 27, 2008 at 5:04 pm

sweetness. i’m looking forward to you getting a link up on the front page and all.
    p.s. i’m not trying to steal your typing style, but i’m not allowed to touch type for a few weeks so caps are first thing to go. :p damn carpal tunnel!
    p.s.s. any get well thoughts would be much appreciated. lol

121. lp_fm_fan on June 27, 2008 at 4:29 pm

insomnia is the worst. but Mike what were you watching?! LOL.

edit: and…um, all that moving made me kinda sick, lol.

edit 2: sorry for all the comments, lol. I think there was a small glitch or something…I didn’t see the change button.

122. lp_fm_fan on June 27, 2008 at 4:18 pm

i think i caught you really early, lol. i was looking for the video page. but i found it just changed the end of the url to video. xD

i’m watching the video right now.

123. lp_fm_fan on June 27, 2008 at 4:14 pm