GLORIOUS EXCESS / MS DC remix

July 11, 2008

GLORIOUS EXCESS OPENS TONIGHT!

JAPANESE AMERICAN NATIONAL MUSEUM
369 East First Street
Los Angeles, California 90012

autograph signing 8-10pm.

on another note…check out this MS DC remix shoe micro-site…it’s got a promo video for the shoe, and all the info you need to check these incredible sneakers out before they debut next month. spread the word!

1. Paula_ShinodaLover on July 14, 2008 at 5:54 pm

FELICITACIONES MIKE ..

congratulations mike your art is so awesome … you are perfect … nobody can do all the things that you do .. in others words .. nobody can imitate u .. really im very inspired with your arte …

i wish you that you are so happy with your art and with all the fans that you have … for example ..MEEEEEEEE

i love u mike .. good luck .. sorry for my english .. but really is so bad .. OTRA VEZ FELICITACIONES .. BUENA SUERTE

2. littlej on July 13, 2008 at 5:55 am

Your art is so cool. I really wish I could have been there at the show. maybe next time. I am gonna get some of your merch soon.
    By the way: I saw your pictures and I was laughing. You don’t know what “Super Dickmanns” is? I can help you with translation.🙂
    Enjoy your shows in the States. You rock!

3. Arsalan on July 12, 2008 at 9:12 am

I am also sad I couldnt make it to the art show, maybe i’ll ask my friend at machine shop for pictures! haha

4. Arsalan on July 12, 2008 at 9:10 am

Hey mike, I dont live in any of the places where the shoes will be sold so how can I buy the shoe?

5. rockermeg on July 12, 2008 at 5:09 am

I hope everything went really well at your opening!

The video is amazing-very effective. I love this shoe because it combines the three things I love:

Art,attitude and you!😄

Can’t wait until the release,thanks for all the hard work,

Megan x

6. Mag_Shinizzle on July 12, 2008 at 4:01 am

Hey Mike ! So how was the opening ? I wish I could have been there😦 On another note, the video on DC.Com is great ! Will you sell the shoes in your online store ? ‘Cause I live in France and I’d be so disappointed if I couldn’t get them😦 Take care, Mag.

7. iamsatan on July 11, 2008 at 11:16 pm

Great show Mike, I was like 5th in line. My favorite piece was Study for the triptych. Thanks for signing my books. peace.

8. tonavanix on July 11, 2008 at 11:03 pm

good luck with the show to night MIKE !!!..

9. NikiNaka on July 11, 2008 at 10:55 pm

THANK YOU! the show and signing in the barrack exhibit were great. thank you for sharing it with us and taking the time to do it.

10. nillp on July 11, 2008 at 10:55 pm

dude! i can’t stop thinking about the art show..

i’m too excited about it and for u that i cannot even sleep. :O

here it’s almost 3am and i’m not even sleepy.. see what you can do to me?! lol

anyway. i’m here, too excited waiting for news and pictures.😀

love ya; take care ~ mk’nil ♥

11. I_B_Long on July 11, 2008 at 10:51 pm

oh man, your suff is up on bandmerch.com and i cant buy anything because i cant enter my APO adress, which is whats on my credit card. thats so fucking stupid. by the time i find away around this its proly all gonna be gone.😦
    and i so wanted one of those prints.
    very depressing……

12. Hybr1d_7h3ory on July 11, 2008 at 9:37 pm

MIke, good luck with the art show. I hope all goes well.

You have no idea how excited I am for the MSDC s to come out. Hopefully I can get them in time for the Bonner Springs show so I could maybe get you to sign them.

Best wishes,

Will

13. shinoda_me on July 11, 2008 at 9:28 pm

keep holding of your shirt?… BWAHAHAHAHHAHAH!! Yana, you’re awesome😄 …

hey Mike!😀 i wish i could be there today … like right now…
    but ofcourse, thats not how it is to be…. good luck!!!!!!!!!😀
    i soooooooo wish you post loads about it tomorrow …
    please please do!

have a nice day!!! =) .. (night!)

14. ms_shock on July 11, 2008 at 8:05 pm

aaaaahahahahaha I’ve just recollected!! Keep holding of your shirt xD xD xD hahahahaha)))

15. ms_shock on July 11, 2008 at 8:02 pm

I love your mini-site!! It’s amazing…. And video of course too!! I just can say good luck and…. Good luck xD Waiting for photos from the show….

16. lp_fm_fan on July 11, 2008 at 7:59 pm

I wish I could be there. I really wanted to go, you have no idea.

Have an awesome time, Mike. Oh, btw… did you get the new iPhone?

And awesome about the shoes. Too bad it won’t be through the DC site.

17. Kira on July 11, 2008 at 7:45 pm

Congrats and good luck. Post pictures from the show.

18. Reem on July 11, 2008 at 7:28 pm

goodness! already?! how wonderfull is that?so proud to see you get even bigger by the second,you will do great,your show will go great and people will love it and tons of us fans will be there there to support you,you go get ’em!! well done:) oh the the word is already out there,lurk the LPMB sometimesoon,that clickie has been there not so long ago,heh:)but great stuff,nice vid,loved it all well done.Any way,goodluck with everything tonight! dont forget about us,the fans that cant make it lol.any how,best of luck like i said and have lots of fun and be proud of yourself.Have fun at the show! thanks for sharing:)

19. axrinekey on July 11, 2008 at 6:24 pm

Oh, and the DC shoes are always great xD
    Still love the sole so much😀

20. axrinekey on July 11, 2008 at 6:23 pm

The video’s great!! xD
    Crayons.. xD
    The arts are really great, still… xD
    And I’ve saw a lot of pictures you didn’t post here! LOL xD
    Love the way you bring out everything🙂

Good luck with the show…😀

21. akitagirl on July 11, 2008 at 6:14 pm

Much success with the show!!! Can’t wait to see pics from the show. Nice job on the DC video. Looking forward to seeing you guys at Jones Beach on the 22.

22. akitagirl on July 11, 2008 at 6:14 pm

23. Yahali on July 11, 2008 at 5:52 pm

mike, it’s f**kin 3:50am and i can’t go sleep from excitement! XDDDD uuuuurg please put here photos after the art show tonight !! i can’t waitttttt!!! :S LOL

24. Kaeru on July 11, 2008 at 5:33 pm

^-^ i like the video
    does it give a site were you can download it?
    hug
    tata

25. xoxo_Flor_xoxo on July 11, 2008 at 5:00 pm

good luck with the show tonight Mike.Your artwork is jst AMAZING & i cant wait to see what u have painted.
    whoooo!!!i cant wait to meet you & see your art.you’re an Incredibly Awesome Talented man.

Flor

26. hybridkyoto on July 11, 2008 at 4:56 pm

yay, and your new stuff is up on bandmerch! makes me feel a little better about not being able to be there tonight. ha ha. anyways, good luck again. is the ‘dies’ part of glorious excess another show? if it is, i’m trying my best to make it to that one… ah, good luck, have fun, all that stuff.

27. nillp on July 11, 2008 at 4:05 pm

dude.. can’t wait to see pictures of all your paintings..!

i’m too excited for you.. i have sure that you’re going to amaze everyone tonight..😀

i did love the MShinoda DC’s page.. and the video.. oh, man.. i cannot put into words what i felt while i was watching that.. simply incredible!

wish you all the luck. let’s rock tonight.😉

love ya ~ mk’nil ♥

28. Keres on July 11, 2008 at 3:40 pm

Hope everything goes well tonight Mike! I wish I could go but I live in Pennsylvania😦 Great job on the art, I love the pics you’ve posted. You are one of the best artists I’ve ever seen. You have your own unique style. Good luck again Mike. I really wish I could be there, but it looks like I have to wait til July 18th to see you.
    ~Elyse

29. cuz on July 11, 2008 at 3:24 pm

good luck tonight, Mike! i’m sure it’s gonna be a great success! have fun😀

but god, that site is great… o_o love the whole design, the video and of course the shoes! they are incredible!!! i don’t know how but i need to get them!!! i’m also buying the art book and (hope) tee you designed for MFR in near future… man, your art is amazing, you’re amazing!!! i love you, ahhhhhhhhhh xD

-cuz

30. tinkerbella26 on July 11, 2008 at 2:49 pm

Good luck tonight Mike….

xoxo,
    Clarissa

31. Lvix on July 11, 2008 at 2:47 pm

If i am right, this shoe will not come in Belgium Stores…😦
    Then i have to buy if on the online bandmerch…
    I hope the shoes will be comfortable:d

32. skindesbous on July 11, 2008 at 2:33 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH aren’t you excited? I am from two months ago and I’m not going :=D
    And another question… I’m not good at English, and i haven’t understand anything about where to buy the soes, I know threr are some shops there in the US, but, just there?
    Hope to see your pics from the show soon ^^

33. Sammy on July 11, 2008 at 2:29 pm

hay mike i wish you the best for the show tonight and the pieces of your work i have seen are incredible really i do art to and i hope i can do that what you do

34. M4LL0RY on July 11, 2008 at 2:14 pm

Be careful, and try not to get tackled by any fangirls. Or dare I say…fanboys? HAHAHA.
    JUST KIDDING.
    Have fun!
    I won’t wish you luck because I know you won’t need it.🙂

35. Alexandra on July 11, 2008 at 2:11 pm

yeyy…i checked out the site,,,it’s very good:) i love your Dc remix:) i wish i could close my eyes..then open them and appear at your show:) unfortunetely, i just can’t do that..LOL… i’m looking forward to seeing some pics from the show here ^^ Best wishes!!

36. Smarky on July 11, 2008 at 1:55 pm

Good luck with everything Tonight Mike!

And well done with you huge successes you are having lately. The Band seem to be doing incredible things right now, certainly live you guys are breath taking and constantly getting better and better at an ever increasing rate. Your second art show looks amazing and your new DC shoes are even better than the first =)

You are an inspration to me. Honestly you are! Congrats on doing so many incredible things. Best of luck!

Smarky.

37. hybridkyoto on July 11, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Yeah, I saw the DC site yesterday. Can’t wait for the drop in August. Anyways, have fun tonight!!

38. komi on July 11, 2008 at 1:31 pm

wish you all the best mike….and come to europe with your show🙂

39. nikkiann0100 on July 11, 2008 at 1:21 pm

That is a great promo video. Those shoes are going to be awesome. Good luck at your Art Show tonight. I wish I could be there.

40. Shinodabestfriend on July 11, 2008 at 1:06 pm

OMG MIKE I’VE SEEN YOUR VIDEO ON DC SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULL!!!!! ♥more in love with you…………♥
    Mike please get a vacancy… ;( your eyes look so tired…..
    another big GOOD LUCK! ….love you!

41. Shinodabestfriend on July 11, 2008 at 12:57 pm

Good luck Miky!! ^^

Mike did tou get the new I-Phone 3g today???’😀

42. PinkWater3 on July 11, 2008 at 12:11 pm

i have the feeling those shoes are gonna cost an arm and a leg…

43. ShadowerLiltani on July 11, 2008 at 11:59 am

I can just picture you grinning from ear to ear ^___^ Don’t forget your “shiny teeth toothpaste”. (If you don’t know what I mean, ask Kathy from LPU for the quote). Anyways, have fun tonight, and good luck!!

44. analoggirl on July 11, 2008 at 11:45 am

Sorry, one last thought. Your projects always stay true to who you are – your “brand”, if you will. They tie-in to each other and reflect your interests in music, art, education, philanthropy and your Japanese heritage. It’s not just a “shoe”, it’s an extension of who you are. Unlike other celebrities who pump out profitable line extensions, you’re actually interested in expressing yourself creatively to benefit your scholarship. Kudos, Mike. Okay, that should be it for now. lol

45. Yahali on July 11, 2008 at 11:37 am

which beautiful life, no?🙂

GOOD LUCK WITH THE ART SHOW TODAY! dont worry! it’s will be great!😀

46. analoggirl on July 11, 2008 at 11:36 am

Oh! I know you’ll meet with fans this evening, but if you could make yourself available for the MFR M&G at Edgefest, that would be AMAZING. ❤

47. missmariiia on July 11, 2008 at 11:34 am

Good luck with your artshow!!! REALY wish i could be there …. well , about your DC REMIX shoes , I hope i’ll be able to order them online. And your video was great🙂

48. analoggirl on July 11, 2008 at 11:34 am

Congrats once again on the gallery opening and shoe launch! Your artwork is amazing and both projects work well together. (The co-promote was done well, btw. Great material on the DC website.) Good luck tonight! ❤

49. Jaclyn on July 11, 2008 at 11:31 am

Amazing DC Shinoda page!!! Love the little skulls and fish and roses decorated it❤ it seems i see the octupus on the head what yo talked about in an interview ;)) And the picture of the "death" and the cat – wonderful ! I'm so excited – many art show pix are coming hehe So have a nice night and many returns of the day!

50. teresamff on July 11, 2008 at 11:23 am

i hope you’ll have a great night! i’m sure that your art exhibition will be a huge success…i wish i have a chance to see it but i’m so far away…
    Good luck!!!🙂

51. Parker on July 11, 2008 at 11:14 am

I always wanted to live in the USA😦

52. kairimai on July 11, 2008 at 11:14 am

I’d do anything to go tonight. Ugh. ><
    Oh well..I’ll try to go in AUgust or something.

53. MusicalMorphine on July 11, 2008 at 11:00 am

I kind of want those shoes, except I don’t know how good they’d look on me seeing as I’m a girl. Plus they are probably out of my price range.

The more you talk about it, the more I want to be at that show. Bummer. Hope all goes well anyway.

54. I_B_Long on July 11, 2008 at 10:47 am

man i wish i could be there. best of luck to you (not that you’ll need it)
    tho i cant help but wonder if your show would be this popular if you werent already famous😉
    either way, you deserve it.
    have fun tonight!

55. Meteora20 on July 11, 2008 at 10:42 am

have fun tonight. rock on allright!🙂 Good Luck with your art show, mike. and make some picture, please. thanks🙂 take care!

56. HoN3yBeE77 on July 11, 2008 at 10:41 am

<33333 I'm SOOooo EXCITED !! I'll be there !!! Woo-Woo ! <33333

57. NeneLP88 on July 11, 2008 at 10:36 am

This is one of the moments in which I really wish I was born in the other side of the world!! =(

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR ART SHOW MIKE! =D

You deserve the best, as always ❤

58. LP_Fan on July 11, 2008 at 10:19 am

Wow, wunderfull shoes Mike! I love that vid! =D
    Have fun at your artshow, I’m sure it will be great!!!

59. Parker on July 11, 2008 at 10:08 am

great video🙂 but… shoes from DC site are different than this shoes from pic from your site, aren’t they?:> I love them🙂 I hope I will be able to order it because I’m from Poland…

I want to be there today but I can’t ;(

60. vdo21 on July 11, 2008 at 10:06 am

I really want to see GLORIOUS EXCESS…at least I’ll see you at Edgefest tomorrow.

61. JEN on July 11, 2008 at 9:59 am

Wish I could have been there Mike! I know it will be a great turn out.