SOBs

July 20, 2008

Q: mike, why do you keep putting up scars on broadway stuff?
A: because i think its great. check out their new video:

Q: speaking of “S.O.B.’s” what’s going on with styles of beyond?
A: we ran into some snags with getting their record out. the album is done, but some of the behind-the-scenes legal/record label stuff turned into a mess. long story short, the guys are hanging in there. keep in touch with styles of beyond at:

make sure to check out “don’t feel bad”(featuring RZA of Wu Tang Clan).

incidentally, SOB/demigodz have some new t-shirts up that are incredible. get ‘em!

1. DUŠAN on May 19, 2010 at 10:47 pm

Nine thou and Remeber the name are best frickin songs i ever heard in my life you guys are teh best

2. SASI_the_Twins on April 22, 2009 at 9:47 am

Hello, first, maybe we were too late to say this.
    Fort Minor and SOB are awesome and really great! We were falling in love with your music. Fort Minor- The Rising Tied, yea, we don’t know what to say but FM and SOB are the ONLY who could make us falling in love with rap n hip hop. The unique music and best voice and best rap blended perfectly! Sounds really greatly!
    We are waiting for your next album!
    Keep working you guys! You all the BEST!

3. PhantomKing5 on July 22, 2008 at 6:47 pm

Hey Mike, glad to see your shedding some light on SOB. Everyone at SOBCentral.com is trying to do what they can to help promote SOB. Hopefully they’ll get the recognition they deserve this summer :) Thanks for keeping your fans updated on the situation too, appreciate it.

4. JaySinkie on July 21, 2008 at 4:34 pm

Hey Mike, great to see a mention of S.O.B.
    Also great to hear things are finally starting to come together a bit better for this record to finally get released.
    I’ve been waiting for this record for a long time, I’ve literally got money set aside specifically for it.
    Can’t wait.

5. bec on July 21, 2008 at 2:20 pm

Ooo are we doing Q&As?

I have a Q: Mike, are you boys eating? or at least remembering to feed Rob? I’ve seen pictures from your recent Projekt Revolution shows and I’m thinking you’re all gonna be borrowing Brad’s clothes soon!

6. LPLovr4621 on July 21, 2008 at 12:41 pm

thanks for the update on SOB i was just thinking about their new album the other day (and ironically they just started playing on my iPod. hmm weird…)
    anyway, I was at projekt rev last night at Hartford and you guys were AMAZINGGGG (as always) but I was just wondering, did they put your picture up backstage? cause last year you told us (at the concert) that they had pictures of artists that had played there before up and then you guys took a picture on stage with the crowd in the back. Just wondering : )

7. asianotter on July 21, 2008 at 11:51 am

thanks for the update on Styles! sorry to hear about the legal/record label issues delays . . . tell the guys to just hang in there. it’s all a royal pain, but a necessary evil and there are a lot of fans that are hanging in there with you and them!
    as far as the Scars comment: why? . . . i say why not? this is YOUR site and blog . . . you do this for s creative outlet, and your enjoyment, and it’s another way to connect/share with others. i find it perplexing that someone would question what you choose to share, but i guess that is what a good/interesting blog does . . . get people talking and thinking. well, at least they are invested! lol! can’t wait for Projekt Rev. next month!

8. Curiosa on July 21, 2008 at 11:23 am

Hey Mike, “They Say” was a free download on iTunes last week. Don’t know if it still is. Yeah, they’re good, wouldn’t say awesome but they’re good.

Thanks 4 the update on SOB. :) Yeah, I checked out their song this weekend & it’s dope. Very very catchy. Ok so you finally posted something about SOB, thanks, so does this mean I can’t try to give you a guilt trip about them having to be patiently waiting while you’re out on tour?? :)~ j/k

9. RachaelLP on July 21, 2008 at 9:56 am

Great news about SOB! I’ve been wondering when we’ll get a new album from these guys.

10. I_B_Long on July 21, 2008 at 8:36 am

uuugghhh. took me FOREVER to figure out their name…. ok, so after watching the video again, i gotta say, they are nothing like scars on Broadway, but still kinda cool. here ya go:

sorry for boring you if you’ve already seen this.

11. I_B_Long on July 21, 2008 at 8:34 am

hey, that scars on broadway song is pretty good. i dunno why but for some reason they remind me of this finnish band, i cant remember their name…….i’ll see if i can find one of their videos. you might get a kick out of it. if you havent already seen it.

12. Fishgoingwest on July 21, 2008 at 5:40 am

Scars on broadway are great!Can’t wait to listen to their new album!

13. axrinekey on July 21, 2008 at 1:38 am

“Hell is hot but the pizza’s great”
    LOL! xDD

xD
    RZA?? o_O
    the song’s great :D
    Now the song’s stuck in my head…
    “Don’t feel bad~~~~~~”

14. soyuneik on July 20, 2008 at 8:43 pm

stupid disappearing comments… Yea you win, I was trying to ignore your blog. Your just too damn entertaining. (e.g. and I get a kick out of messing with you.) Plus, skulls and darkness are sorta my thing. Sob and RZA! loved it. I left some crazy shenanigans there already. (I’ve been waiting to use that word somewhere) haha! Sample Clearing maybe? If so, I wish them the best on that shit. Incidentally, I’m broke as all hell right now. I’m trying to pick-up that Korg M3, any opinions of it would be greatly appreciated.

15. nillp on July 20, 2008 at 5:51 pm

i definitively support you to continue posting about scars since they’re really amazing.. this video is so great..! (:

“don’t feel bad”.. it’s really worth checking this one..! ;)

take care; love ya ~ mk’nil ♥

16. keineAhnung on July 20, 2008 at 3:05 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwww f.ck it!!!! @reseda beach…I really hope the album will come out soon anyway… :(
    however…wish them all the best!!! (and don’t fear the beer guys! ;p )

17. rockermeg on July 20, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Checked out Scars on Broadway and I’m not a big fan…I don’t really go for the whole “the government’s out to get us” thing…its been done.
    Speaking of Scars on Broadway,I’m not really sure where Serj is going with his thing…love the videos though-very unique.

Listened to Don’t Feel Bad-very awesome! A massive congrats to Ryu,Tak and the guys.

And I shall check out those t-shirts…ive been meaning to get some Music4Relief stuff aswell…

Have a good summer :-)

Megan x

(ps-i dont know why but i find the SOB thing hilarious!XD “speaking of sobs…” LOL)

18. Madlen on July 20, 2008 at 1:21 pm

I’ve listened to “Don’t Fell Bad” like a few days ago i think?Pretty dope:DBtw something i always wanted to ask you:What do you think about fan fiction?

19. ColorScheming on July 20, 2008 at 10:38 am

Yeah it sucks, i talked to tak about it, and ryu wrote something regarding it as well. I told him and ill tell you if you read it, all s.o.b fans are still waiting and we will be waiting for whenever it comes out. We are so fucking excited about the new shit. Can’t wait! By the way mike, might i add. That s.o.b is by far one of the best groups due to how much they care about their fans. i was writing to tak and told him how dope the music is, and he was so nice and very appreciative of his fans.Which from a fans perspective, the music and how an artists connects with their fans is really the only shit that matters to us.

20. cuz on July 20, 2008 at 9:12 am

what a pity sob stuck with the record, i’m waiting for it ;D hopefully everything will be ok very soon :) and yes, sob is great ;D and it looks like they fall in love with What I’ve Done video ;) take care :)

21. murry on July 20, 2008 at 9:05 am

Man, that sucks about S.O.B. Are they still having problems with clearing the samples, or is it something else now? I’m really looking forward to hearing that record.

22. lynndarwinharris on July 20, 2008 at 9:01 am

I love “don’t feel bad” . I love Styles of Beyond! I have the widget on my myspace page and they are my #1 (sorry mike! LP and Fort Minor are close). I post the widget when I can and ask people to add them. They are awesome! It’s a pity that the legal troubles are delaying a great album. I will be waiting for the release no matter how long it takes. Hang in there SOB, Your fans will stick by your side!
    Ok, I did some research and Listened to Scars on Broadway video that you posted. Yes i like them, they have a new fan. The lead singer is great. they have a myspace page in case anybody is interested: http://www.myspace.com/scarsonbroadway Thanks for sharing

23. shinoda_me on July 20, 2008 at 8:18 am

BTW Mike, i think you should really have a look at this video someone made for HANDS HELD HIGH … and maybe share it with others interested in seeing it … i thought it was awesome capturing all the emotion in the song.
    much respect to you for creating the master-piece..

24. Shinodabestfriend on July 20, 2008 at 8:16 am

uhm, yes… the first video is cool… about the others….. well… I’ll take a look… ^^ :D

25. Emilia on July 20, 2008 at 8:15 am

The link doesn’t work, I can’t see the video :( But have a nice day :)

26. shinoda_me on July 20, 2008 at 8:10 am

agreed, Scras On Broadway is awesome!!! … didn’t like the video of They Say too much but the song is still mind-blowing ….

will it be a new Linkin Park album dropping in before you do some more Fort Minor work?
    can’t wait to hear more stuff from you guys ….

enjoy your tours… take care … and have a nice day =)

and do tour INDIA sometime!!