best of the hype

July 22, 2008

3. NAS: SELF-TITLED (new album)

worth the wait. lil’ wayne’s “carter III,” which dropped only a couple weeks earlier, set the bar high…but nas came back with some incredible lyrics, content, beats, and passion. he’s always a little controversial, and i don’t always agree with his opinions, but the album is one of his best, which automatically puts it head and shoulders over the competition. check out: “black president,” “sly fox,” and “hero.”

2. THE iPHONE

even in spite of the fact that the push email takes a few minutes to “push,” and owners still have to sign up with lame-ass AT&T (most dropped calls ever), this gadget is still one of the most amazing things to come out since the iPod. based on personal tests with my friends, it’s fast–twice as fast as the edge network phone…plus the new applications are amazing. my favorite apps: aurora feint, morocco, evernote, phone saber, and texas hold ’em.

1. THE DARK KNIGHT

there was so much hype around the new batman movie, it wasn’t cynical to say it probably wouldn’t be able to live up to it. it’s playing on every screen in town at every hour, and all the shows are sold out. now, having seen it, i can testify. this is not just the best batman movie. not just the best movie of the month. not just a movie that lives up to the tremendous hype. this film is an absolute triumph. “the dark knight” is almost three hours long and at every moment i found myself completely immersed in the magic. director chris nolan, write bob kane, and the incredible cast and crew made something very special.

it would be neglectful not to mention that heath ledger’s “joker” was tremendous. taking on a character with so much history (part of which was defined by jack nicholson’s incredible performance in the first film) would be a
daunting task; but ledger completely redefines the role. he absolutely rules every scene.

the only downside to this film is that it could possibly make every other movie i see this summer feel slow, unimaginative, and undercooked.

the dark knight is the total package, and is 100% deserving of every ounce of hype around it. go see it NOW.

yo1

1. James on August 4, 2008 at 2:38 pm

The Dark Knight was tight. The Joker totally owned that movie.

2. Tyrena on July 27, 2008 at 11:23 pm

PS: I totally bought that poster!!! & http://www.whysoserious.com

3. Tyrena on July 27, 2008 at 11:22 pm

The Dark Knight is the best movie of the year, hands down. I fell in love with The Joker’s laugh during its preview before I Am Legend last Dec. & the wait has finally ended. I attended the midnight premiere on its opening day & was completely engulfed in every second of its 2 & 1/2 hrs. Heath Ledger was absolutely BRILLIANT & it sux that he passed away without knowing what kind of reaction his character left on moviegoers. When this movie leaves theaters for that all-too-cruel wait until it comes out on DVD, i will surely smile less because this film is among the best in my book, I’ve seen it 4 times, and not seeing it during that time will surely wipe the smile off my face.

4. GenMTL on July 27, 2008 at 1:31 pm

I just came back from the new Apple Store in Montreal, and they have a big picture of Chester from “What I’ve done”‘s video…I’ve decided to buy a Macbook;)!! The Iphone is too expensive here and I bought my Ipod in Feburary..too fast! I will see The Dark Knight this week…Hope to like it!!!

5. Daekwon on July 26, 2008 at 2:29 pm

Bit don’t agree on new Nas..I am his big fan but in my opinion this is his weakest album together with Nastradamus and Hip Hop is Dead… Lyrics are good and his wordplay is amazing, but beats??

6. dem0 on July 25, 2008 at 5:29 am

Just went to see The Dark Knight yesterday and as of now, it’s the best movie of the year. Heath Ledger did a great job playing Joker; it was hilarious, absolutely amazing.
    Don’t know about Nas or iPhone. iPhone went on sale here a couple of weeks ago and even though I am interested in buying it, I still trust Nokia more when it comes to making good cellphones.

7. MusicalMorphine on July 25, 2008 at 3:27 am

Ah I haven’t listened to nas in ages, I should check that out.

The Dark Knight only came out here yesterday so I need to go see that sometime.

8. Ekay on July 25, 2008 at 3:21 am

I agree that new nas is good and i totally wanna see the new batman movie, trailers look really good. but…i still think that Nokia is way better than iPhone. even though the big touch screen might be handy but nokia has better applications and the user interface is more improved and modern than iPhone has. with iPhone you can’t send mms-nor call video calls,right. with nokia you can:) check this site if you have never had a nokia phone: http://www.nokiausa.com and speacially the Nseries rock! but iphone propably is amazing phone and the big screen is cool, i might as well get it some day but now i satisfied with nokia.

9. Sunnywow on July 25, 2008 at 3:06 am

mike! i’ve seen the movie just two days ago! i’m pretty sure it’s going to be the best movie i’ve seen all year. heath ledger’s definetly the best joker ever. (why does he have to die??) i’m still very crazy about this movie and i don’t know when i’ll get through this.

10. Joanie_LP on July 24, 2008 at 11:34 am

“The Dark Night” movie rules. No Doubt. But what do you think about “Wanted” with Jolie?

11. lp_fm_fan on July 24, 2008 at 12:09 am

AT&T is sucky. But the only way I can get my hands on the iPhone with it working, BOO!

Also, The Dark Knight is the BEST movie EVER. Omg. I saw it twice already. I may see it another time, I dunno. It rocked that much.

12. godforgotmywings on July 24, 2008 at 12:06 am

How come everyone and their mama has seen The Dark Knight…..EXCEPT me? Oh yeah, cause I hate waiting in long lines, almost as much as I hate crowded theaters.😛

Though I must say, your review of the movie is pretty convincing….I may have to go brave the AMC tomorrow!

Speaking of lines, the iPhone better be pretty damn good. I work in the mall, and EVERY single day since it was released, there has been a line for the Apple store that would shame most lines at Disneyland!

13. enjoi on July 23, 2008 at 6:41 pm

lol, you forgot to mention the awesome wait in line for the movie with your fans. Cool seeing you mike, it’s danny. The show was great last night! Def. one of the best i’ve attended so far.

14. LPLibrarian on July 23, 2008 at 6:35 pm

I’m glad you had a good experience watching the Dark Knight. (Unlike “the crappening”)🙂 My friend insists that Chester is in the movie. I have not seen it yet, but I figured you or a website would of said something by now. I am now curious to see who my friend thinks is Chester.

15. Curiosa on July 23, 2008 at 11:34 am

btw: liked ur review but Holly’s is still better. :)~ Sorry but that girl has a way w/words. & dude you’re 700 character rule is completely annoying & inaccurate.

16. Curiosa on July 23, 2008 at 11:33 am

CONT: I still can’t believe someone fell asleep in the middle of the film. I realize it was a late showing but how one can actually fall asleep in the middle of this film baffles me. Normally by 3 am I’m already falling asleep but this movie kept me awake. Interestingly wittynamehere & I were discussing crossing lines & rules/laws a few weeks ago on fmmb & Jackal & I were discussing whether or not all people are selfish/corrupted. Now how is that WB can come out with some awesome films but when it comes to music (lack of releasing music) they suck?

17. Curiosa on July 23, 2008 at 11:31 am

ONE. I have to completely agree with you on this film. I had been hoping that this movie wouldn’t disappoint especially since the trailer looked very good plus I heard the book was actually very deep & dark, definitely not for a kid to read, & the movie didn’t disappoint. The Joker basically stole the whole movie. Heath was amazing! The rest of the cast were also great (didn’t have a problem w/any of their acting at all) & as you mentioned Heath definitely redefined the role (not an easy task to do). Considering we went to a 12:30 AM showing, the movie kept me completely engrossed the whole 2 hrs. & 32 mins.

18. Curiosa on July 23, 2008 at 11:30 am

TWO. As far as iPhone is concerned, how logical & $ smart is it 2 have 1? Sure it’s cool but if u’r not already signed 2 AT&T, u’ll have 2 switch which may or may not mean higher prices 4 their service plus how much u’ll have 2 pay 4 internet & whatever else they’ll charge u (not 2 mention some probs people have encountered with iPh). It’s like buying a $100K hybrid car in order 2 save $ when u can buy a $15K vehicle w/excellent gas mileage so in the long run u actually end up saving $ w/$15K vehicle than u would w/hybrid (u’d actually spend more $ buying hybrid). However considering the price of iPhone & what all it has, it would actually be a good replacement for a $200 iPod.

19. Curiosa on July 23, 2008 at 10:48 am

Ok, these are going to be long, sorry.🙂

Three. There was hype about Nas? I remember hearing about lil’ wayne’s new album but don’t remember hearing anything about Nas. Or maybe I did hear 1 little thing about it but that was it.

20. Linkin_Betty on July 23, 2008 at 9:34 am

i like lil wayne🙂 the new album is awesome, but i think nobody can do competition linkin park ;))
    oh, iPhone rulezzz xD
    i didn’t see the dark knigh yet😦 I have to rectify it😀 :))

21. murry on July 23, 2008 at 9:26 am

I’m dying to see The Dark Knight. But, you know what else I’m dying to see? Nas on The Colbert Report tonight. It’s going to be so fucking amazing. I hope Stephen sings with him. He didn’t sing with Rush last week, and I was so disappointed. Clearly, though, he fits better with Nas. LOL

22. Kaolla_Shiori on July 23, 2008 at 7:14 am

lawl! this is so interesting because i posted about the Dark Knight on monday with the same picture heading the entry xD
    here it is if you’re interested =)

pardon the singlish.

23. Jhuryn on July 23, 2008 at 6:23 am

The Dark Knight was an awesome movie! I can’t wait to see it again in a theater that’s not so crowded. I went on Sunday morning and the theater was still packed! I need to immerse myself in a film to really enjoy it but there were too many distractions. The guy next to me was texting on his bright ass iPhone and the guy behind me was talk to the screen. Oh well, loved it anyways. Heath Ledger killed it!

24. ShadowerLiltani on July 23, 2008 at 5:23 am

By the way, my favorite app on my middle-class, comcast digital cable, red, sprint camera phone is: Tetris. I have a high score of 36,000😄 I am the master, k thanx bye. So, when are you gonna show us pictures of your new iPhone? Huh? Huh? We know damn well you’re gonna custom the crap out of it.

25. ShadowerLiltani on July 23, 2008 at 5:20 am

I heard yesterday that Nas was coming to Toad’s in New Haven, CT this Friday. If your still in the NY/NJ/CT area, and you guys can go, you should. New Haven is a kickass city. I have probably heard Nas’s music, what songs has he done? I’ve been wanting to see TDK since I saw the first preview. I still think Jack Nicholson is the best Joker ever and always will be. I want to see the movie cause of Bale’s performance in the first movie. He finally gave Bruce some personality. Not dissing Heath Ledger, I’m just saying, Bale and Nicholson can just do certain things that keep you on the edge of your seat and make you wonder if they are really acting or living the character. Hehe, I like movies.

26. Philly_Willy on July 23, 2008 at 3:23 am

If someone doesn’t like “The Dark Knight”, which is practically impossible unless ur blind and deaf [even then its hard], then maybe we can cut them a smile

27. SimplyMode on July 23, 2008 at 2:48 am

When I got “The Carter III” I was like probably best hip-hop album of 2008 no doubt..
    && then i got Nas’s album…that shizz is dope. Kinda has the same message in every song,
    but its not repetitive or anything. I LOVE “Black President” “(The Slave And The Master)” & “America”
    My favorite Nas album :]]

As for “The Dark Night” It opens on Friday in the UK, Seeing it on the saturday..Can’t wait for that😀
    Oh && btw, Im stoked Alex Pardee did an LP poster, I love the stuff he did for the used. <33

28. axrinekey on July 23, 2008 at 12:50 am

you totally love iPhone, huh? xD

OOH!
    I wanna watch the dark knight!
    Ledger DOES look cool in the movie! >_<
    (don’t worry, there are still plenty of good movies out there that will impressed you.)

29. Vane_Nessa on July 23, 2008 at 12:49 am

I have to agree with you with all 3. Nas is dope can’t wait to see him at Rock The Bells the day before projekt revlolution in Irvine. It’s going to be the best weekend ever getting to see you guys too =) The iphone is great! there are so many applications you can put in your iphone you just have to know where to look for em. The movie was awesome! Heath blew my mind in this movie, he was genius! Im saddened by his death he had so much to look forward to =(

30. DarkLily on July 22, 2008 at 9:02 pm

I have to totally agree that movie was amazing! I’ll admit going into it I really figured it would be okay but wasn’t gonna be worth the hype it’s been made out to be! I’ll admit never have I been so wrong! Heath’s performance of the Joker was phenomonal! This really has been the best Batman movie ever and as even you stated nothing else I’ll see this summer or even this year probably will be able to top that movie!
    As for your endorsement of the IPHONE sorry dude but I’ll pass! I detest and despise AT&T! Glad you like it but personally it’s not for me!

31. Princess_MuzikChik on July 22, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Far out!
    Batman was an amazing movie!
    They should have called it ‘The Joker’ cos Heath Ledger totally stole the show!
    I only wish he was still around to see that his hard work paid off, big time =[

32. shinoda_me on July 22, 2008 at 8:48 pm

great! i just figure i have a lot to be jealous of … my sister is going to watch The Dark Knight … and one of cousins few years younger to me is getting the iPhone … >=(

ah well .. have a nice day! =)

33. santoyellow on July 22, 2008 at 8:46 pm

i actually updated my ipod touch for the new application store, and it feels like it did when i first got it- i can’t keep it charged! talk about addictive…
    im not a huge super hero movie person, but the dark knight is for sure my favorite this year, and not only is it going to be tough to beat the rest of the summer, i think it’s sitting good for the rest of the year.

34. Doggie24690 on July 22, 2008 at 8:01 pm

I completely f’n agree Mike. That movie kicked ASS!!! I was at the edge of my seat every second and that never happens to me when it comes to movies, haha. I will definitely check out the new Nas CD. As for the iPhone… ummm… I’d rather go to one of your guy’s shows with how much money it costs, lol.

35. Illara on July 22, 2008 at 7:03 pm

yeap, the dark knight is awesome! is a must watch.🙂

xoxo

36. MissNatalie1984 on July 22, 2008 at 6:43 pm

it’s nice to hear you say that Heath rules every scene he’s in, because i remember reading an interview with him before he passed away that said playing the joker took such a toll on him, more mentally than physically. so it’s good to hear all his hard work paid off. R.I.P.

also, awesome choice of Dark Knight Movie Poster you chose to put up. It’s my favourite out of all the promotional posters you see hanging around the theatres.

37. lynndarwinharris on July 22, 2008 at 6:16 pm

Going to see The Dark Knight this weekend! I love Batman Begins with Christian Bale and I know that he will be great in The Dark Knight. I haven’t seen much with Heath Ledger in it. However I have seen the advertised scenes with Heath Ledger and I believe that he will make the Joker his own. Can’t wait to see it!

38. analoggirl on July 22, 2008 at 6:07 pm

I saw NAS at the ROCK THE BELLS festival! Being in a sea of street disciples as they pumped their fists to “Black President” was a truly incredible experience. I hope you get a chance to catch the tour as it too is worth the hype. 😉

39. zimminator on July 22, 2008 at 5:41 pm

OMG YOU GOT ME SO EXCITED! IM SEEING DARK KNIGHT TONIGHT!!!!!!! AHHHHHH

40. hybridparanoia on July 22, 2008 at 4:54 pm

that movie was just soooo worth waiting in like for two hours. then waiting in the theater for two more hours. i was convinced after all the hype and waiting it would have disappointed me….but i’m just about to go see it again.

the one thing that got me was that upon the movie ending i realized what a GOD that movie would have made Heath…and it truly made me mourn his death yet again. poor guy.

41. cuz on July 22, 2008 at 4:41 pm

‘black president’ and ‘hero’ are really cool! gonna check the whole album out! ‘black president’ reminds me of HHH😉

i’m not really into phones, ipods, all these new stuff. i don’t even have a cell phone ;P that’s why poeple looks at me in a weird way sometimes xD when i say i don’t have a cell phone, they are like ‘what???’ like it’s kind of deviation😉 but design is cool😉

i would probably not go to the cinema the see the movie. just because i don’t go to cinema very often. in Poland we have to wait until 08.22 for the premiere. now i can make a trip for good movie😉

thanks or pointing out! hope you have fun on tour🙂

42. Sammy on July 22, 2008 at 4:27 pm

the new iphone is so great my brother got one and i hope to get one for my birthday hehe
    ….. maan i want to see the new batman movie now too !! but in germany we can see it for the first time on the 21th august damn !!!🙂

43. Blaesbjerg on July 22, 2008 at 4:11 pm

Don’t have the money to a Iphone, but whatever, it looks and seems to be a very hightec’d phone!
    – About the badman movie, thanks for the review! I’ll go watch it now that for sure!.. Love it, hwne you review movies xD You have the coolest comments about them😀. Hah! AND It’s nice to hear that you have some sparetime to actually go watch a movie🙂 Hope to hear something about the new MS / DS remix soon!

44. Wello on July 22, 2008 at 3:40 pm

That fact that i can’t stop thinking about the Batman movie proves it’s on a level all of it’s own. Absolutely amazing in every aspect! The great acting, script, and story line just made the movie absolutely enthralling! 😀

Complete win for this summer. Batman is gonna grab every award available or at least it should. I’m itching to go see it right now…. D: shivers “we must kill the batman”

45. Umi on July 22, 2008 at 3:37 pm

I want that Poster! O_O I’ve never been a Heath Ledger fan, but if his Joker is as insane as he looks (and after your critique he seems to be)… yay! Best thing is: I can watch the movie for free, ’cause I’m working in a movie theater ^.^~ (bad thing: It’s still a month ti go till it starts in Germany). Nice… And even nicer that we already planned to show the movie a day before the official German start together – theater staff only🙂 Otherway we’d probably have to wait some weeks, cause it’ll be booked out in the beginning. Anyway, thx for the hopefully helpful critique and enjoy Projekt Rev over there (‘though it’s smaller than it was over here XD~) ~Umi

46. Jess_Rox on July 22, 2008 at 2:55 pm

I agree with #3, not only did it combine today’s’ ‘Batman’ but it also captured the old too! (Batman rocks!!!)

47. nillp on July 22, 2008 at 2:48 pm

anne did a great question: “would that hype exists this way if ledger would still be alive?”

at least for me, that hype would exists.. since i’m a huge fan of ledger.. :’)

and anne, i don’t think u’r too young for batman since i’m younger than u and i love batman and movies from comics.. lol

48. Madlen on July 22, 2008 at 2:42 pm

i really wanna see the dark knight…It is kind of annoying that the trailer is everywhere because I’m sure that if they didn’t play it so much people would watch it anyway

49. prisca on July 22, 2008 at 2:28 pm

@ Anne:
    nobody’s to young for BATMAN!

50. nillp on July 22, 2008 at 2:26 pm

i’m going to see if i can find this songs on internet to check..😉

good to know u’r enjoying your iphone.. i don’t have nothing more to say about this since i don’t appreciate that much this kind of things..^^’

51. nillp on July 22, 2008 at 2:26 pm

man. i do agree with what u said about “the dark knight”.. i said to u it was worth checking.. lol

anyway.. ‘the dark knight’ is THE movie..! i’m going to watch again this week.. lol i do love movies from comics and this one is really the best..😀

i have no words about THE joker.. as u said, was tremendous.. heath rocked in everything he did..! talking about him, u should watch “a knight’s tale”.. it didn’t win any award, but in my opinion, it’s his best movie besides “the dark knight”..

take care; love ya ~ ♥

52. MentalisFun on July 22, 2008 at 2:20 pm

The Dark Knight is the SHIT. Already seen it 4 times and i still want more. What really makes this movie fantastic is Christopher Nolan’s vision and amazing performances by the cast (especially Heath Ledger and Christian Bale). I recommend to anyone that saw TDK to also see Memento. Amazing. Thanks for mentioning it Mike😀

53. ParanoidDucky on July 22, 2008 at 2:11 pm

I don’t think that I have heard a negative comment about the movie so far. All I have heard is about how amazing and epic it is. Which is a good thing! I am glad that you enjoyed the movie because I still remember what you said about The Happening. The word used was ‘shit sandwich’ which was highly amusing. As for the iPhone, I did hear that is pretty awesome but that line outside of the Apple store definitely turned me off to it (not to mention how much it costs!). Rock on!

-KT

54. soyuneik on July 22, 2008 at 2:05 pm

Ooh, Heres the post. I got 2/3. I haven’t had a chance to mess with iphone yet. But your mini ‘reviews’ of The Dark Knight and Nas match my opinions to the T. Very Creepy. Stop that. >:cP They finally do a villain justice. But other than the original Batman I can’t think of any other exceptions. Daredevil was horrible. Every time I think of it I remember the part where Ben Affleck is running across the organ in the church-I think I just puked a little bit in my mouth. He should not have been Daredevil.
    And Venom, why? I swear if they bring in Carnage and its the same I’m hunting them down.

55. merve on July 22, 2008 at 2:00 pm

i’ve read lot of bad things and good things from the newspapers and net about the iphone….i confused..check this out….http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/30/helio-pits-apples-iphone-against-ocean/ whatever ppl say,iam sure that there is no need to hurry up about the new gadgets!:)anyway,take care yourself

56. skindesbous on July 22, 2008 at 1:59 pm

Kidding🙂

57. Zach on July 22, 2008 at 1:55 pm

Get LP, Pennywise on PR09!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58. rockermeg on July 22, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Heyy Mike your formatting was a little off on that post but I got it…I think…>_>

The new iphone looks good actually but still too exspensive for me…I’m saving up for a new kick-ass guitar so I’m sure you understand🙂

The Black Knight looks really awesome but the age limit is a bummer…

Never heard of the musician/band/whatever the hell it is ’cause I couldn’t read the heading haha…

Lastly, have you ever been a critic Mike? Or do you just enjoy evaluating things? Whichever; very helpful I’ll rent the movie when it comes out and I’ll try to decipher the name of that musician/band :-p

Thanks again,

Megan x

59. Anne on July 22, 2008 at 1:23 pm

3 -> not my stile

2 -> I’ve worked for several years for a mobileshop and all I can say to I-Phone: pure technical s__t :o) I’ve had more reclamations for the apple “crap” (sry) for the few sells we’ve had than for any other mobile phone… thank god i am in bicycles now gg

1 -> would that hype exists this way if ledger would still be alive? i don’t know. or maybe i am just to young (24) for batman😉

nevertheless: thank you for sharing your opinion.

60. ninguem on July 22, 2008 at 1:14 pm

sincerely? i hate this hype around this batman movie, is just because the joker actor is dead, if he was alive this movie will be only a movie, everybody is talking about this movie, and almost 3 hours of movie?!?!?! i could sleep watching this, i hate long movies

but i want one iphone right now!!

61. Nathan23 on July 22, 2008 at 1:02 pm

heh…I think the same😛 The Dark Knight Rulez😀
    Oh, and I’m still waiting for your DC remix on bandmerch😉

62. Shinodabestfriend on July 22, 2008 at 11:55 am

I know that tthe actor of Joker is dead and Batman’s one has been arrested and released today because he beats his mom and his sister… I don’t know… well, I think this will be a great movie, after all… try doesn’t cost..
    kisses Mikey*

63. Anstice on July 22, 2008 at 11:54 am

To TaylorKenjiLP – I’ve seen the preview for Twilight. I think the movie looks OKAY. Nothing spectacular. The book series is AMAZING. I’m really disappointed that they didn’t try harder on the movie. However, I could be totally wrong and the preview just sucks. The movie might be completely awesome. I saw the preview on The Dark Knight for “The Day The Earth (World?) Stood Still.” THAT one looks amazing. When those things started popping up out of the water…ugh. EVERYONE in the theater was like, “AWWHH! OH MY GOD!!” It looks awesome🙂

64. Anstice on July 22, 2008 at 11:43 am

Word up about The Dark Knight. I’ve gone every weekend to see every good movie this summer. Started with Iron Man in May. Most recent was The Dark Knight on Sunday. I was absolutely, 100%, completely, and TOTALLY stunned. You’re right about being on the edge of your seat the entire movie. It’s just…UGH. Heath Ledger put on such an amazing performance, it was impossible to see him as “Heath.” He WAS the Joker. Several funny parts in the movie, too. Especially the “making the pencil disappear” trick and blowing up the hospital. Awesome. ^_^ Glad you enjoyed it. Go vote “loved it” in my poll on the LPMB🙂. http://forums.linkinpark.com/showthread.php?t=9037 -Jade

65. TaylorKenjiLP on July 22, 2008 at 11:38 am

im perplexed. everyone really is all hyped up about this movie, and i just dont see why. ive never been a fan of the whole batman action scene, so therefore i had no intentions of seeing this. now it seems like a sin that i havnt, so i guess im gonna listen to ya mike. maybe i’ll go tonight. btw, in some of the showings, theres supposed to be a trailer for a new movie coming up in december, fot Twilight. yeah, the movie looks gay but the books were good. has anyone seen it?

66. Emilia on July 22, 2008 at 11:24 am

I’m definitely going to see the new Batman movie, when it comes to the cinemas in this friday in Finland, I’ve been waiting for it so long time and i’m excited about it🙂 And about IPhone, I’ve read from the newspapers that the IPhone is not that good as what it been said it is, there’s not even a flash in the camera..? O_O And the touch screen gets unclean really fast.. But yea those new applications are cool X)

67. battlesalwayschoose on July 22, 2008 at 11:09 am

You’re right Mike, The dark Knight is awesome. I just saw it yesterday ! And your show in Québec city was awesome except for the rain. Just bad I didn’t saw you at the M&G !

68. navee on July 22, 2008 at 11:05 am

in my city down here in mexico we are pretty much addicted to movies so summer its the best season everybody has told hes the most mothafucking coolest batman movie ever could expected and that the joker its the best

pretty ironic…. well he made history i8 will go to see it tomorrow and SEE YOU IN 2 WEEKS IN PHOENIX!

69. Mondreus on July 22, 2008 at 11:03 am

Can’t wait to see dark knight!!!

70. nikkiann0100 on July 22, 2008 at 11:03 am

I really want to go see the dark knight. Probably will now. I have heard mixed opinions about the NAZ album. I will have to check it out.

71. nadine on July 22, 2008 at 11:00 am

hey thanks for the tipps. can’t wait to see the dark knight now🙂 btw…. went to Projekt Rev in Camden on Saturday! You guys were just amazing!!! thanks so much! ……. can’t wait for your next tour :D….thanks again..

72. MiiiztY on July 22, 2008 at 10:57 am

PERFECT + GREAT + FANTASTIC !!!! =D>

73. Metal_Value on July 22, 2008 at 10:39 am

Speaking of Batman.. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,388124,00.html

Oops ^^; lolz

74. I_B_Long on July 22, 2008 at 10:35 am

i dont care much for nas or the iphone (i have a cell phone…somewhere…) but i cant wait to see the dark knight. i wish i could do what you said and go see it NOW, unfortunatly im sick, have a sleeping baby and noone to watch it and i dont even know if the movie is out here in germany yet and even if it is, i DO NOT wanna watch it in german. but now im actually really excited to see it (eventually). stupid fever…cant see what im writing. anyway, glad you’re enjoying yourself.

75. Metal_Value on July 22, 2008 at 10:31 am

Yeah I really wanna see that Dark Knight film looks kick ass xD Heath Ledger has a well convincing laugh in those trailers O_O ^^

I’m personally not a big fan of the iPhone tbh, I had a go on one in a store here in the UK and don’t get me wrong they were pretty cool and all, incredible technology, but again like all touch screens the typing was a nuisance lolz ^^; I had so much trouble with it, just typing my e-mail in to get on msn on the thing lolz.

Peace.

76. LPAngel on July 22, 2008 at 10:21 am

hey mike! =) i saw the dark knight and it was fantastic! i loved that film, and this week i saw an other film “Wanted” with Angelina Jolie, it´s a great action movie, she´s a big actress, the film was perfect, i recomend ;)=D. ******

77. So_S on July 22, 2008 at 10:17 am

Mike, you Apple whore, lol 😛

although i must admit, the new iPhone looks pretty nifty ! too bad it will cost a small fortune here in exotic Greece😛

i’m seeing Batman tomorrow, can’t wait🙂

78. shinnizle_lp on July 22, 2008 at 10:13 am

I agree, i phone is one of those things everybody should have, although here in mexico is kind of expensive right now, but i think is worth it lol, must have all the lp songs in there…and batman, wow, love the movie, mike plz i wont stop begging you to please come to latin america mostly MEXICO, you have left us we’d love to see you around plz!!! by the way, im going to LA to see glourios excess, im so excited!!

79. PinkWater3 on July 22, 2008 at 10:07 am

Wow. I really wanna see the dark knight. I always really liked Batman, he’s probably my favourite superhero ^__^ Ledger gives me shivers in the trailer, I can only imagine how perfect he is in the movie. I agree, Nas’ new album is great, can’t stop listening to hero these days. As for the iPhone, MBP said it, the data plans are ridiculous…

80. ManBearPig on July 22, 2008 at 10:06 am

While I agree that the iPhone looks neat and is probably quite worth having (we just got it in Canada), I can’t justify the crappy network it’s on (Rogers here, AT&T there), nor the extorted rates charged for data plans. For most people, it’s still far cheaper to have a Blackberry and the iPod you already have. Which is a shame, because the iPhone is such a neat gadget. As far as TDK goes, I haven’t seen it yet. I’m not a big Batman movie guy, but I’d probably go see it just for Heath’s performance. I’ll admit I kind of want to see Mamma Mia more. Don’t deny it Mike, you know you do too.

81. Meteora20 on July 22, 2008 at 9:59 am

hello

Mike, you are right. the dark night is really amazing. i watched the film too and i must say. its really one of the best Movie that i had been seeing.

82. zigzagflyer on July 22, 2008 at 9:58 am

I totally agree with all 3! The movie was awesome and the performances by all of the cast were amazing. Ledger really did steal the show though!

83. Loukkid on July 22, 2008 at 9:54 am

Why so Serious ? Ha Ha Ha

i love Heath Ledger and love this movie 🙂

84. ColorScheming on July 22, 2008 at 9:54 am

Also i want the i phone! i have the itouch, so alot of apps can be used o itouch that can be used on the iphone. But its still not the same as being able to use it as a phone. however i dont think i want the iphone bad enough to go to at&t. I worked for verizon and i have sprint, so from what i have seen all cell phone carriers suck ass, but at&t is horrible. The iphone is the ONLY good thing about that carrier.

85. ColorScheming on July 22, 2008 at 9:53 am

Omg! Am i the only one on the universe who did not like the batman movie! Heath ledgers performance i agree with everyone on. Absolutely incredible. The cinematography was incredible as well. However The story line sucked in my opinion. Batman failed at nearly everything he did except the end. I was sorely disappointed and thinked that iron man beat out batman. Once again the joker was by far the best part of that movie.

86. fallsogracefully on July 22, 2008 at 9:49 am

saw it twice in three days!

Fantastic movie!