GLORIOUS EXCESS (BORN) – CLOSING

August 1, 2008

GLXS BORN – “MUGSHOTxGLAMOURSHOT” (full image)
yo1

GLXS BORN – “MUGSHOTxGLAMOURSHOT” (detail)
yo2

GLXS BORN – “NEW MAN” (full image)
yo3

GLXS BORN – “NEW MAN” (detail)
yo4

GLXS BORN – “SMOKIN'” (full image)
yo5

GLXS BORN – “SMOKIN'” (detail)
yo6

GLXS BORN – “MEMENTO MORI” (full image)
yo7

GLXS BORN – “MEMENTO MORI” (detail)
yo8

GLXS BORN – “STUDY FOR SxDxRnR” (full image)
yo9

GLXS BORN – “STUDY FOR SxDxRnR” (detail)
yo10

GLXS BORN – “WINE (of SEXxDRUGSxROCKnROLL)” (full image)
yo11

GLXS BORN – “WINE (of SEXxDRUGSxROCKnROLL)” (detail)
yo12

GLXS BORN – “WOMEN (of SEXxDRUGSxROCKnROLL)” (full image)
yo13

GLXS BORN – “WOMEN (of SEXxDRUGSxROCKnROLL)” (detail)
yo14

GLXS BORN – “SONG (of SEXxDRUGSxROCKnROLL)” (full image)
yo15

GLXS BORN – “SONG (of SEXxDRUGSxROCKnROLL)” (detail)
yo16

GLXS BORN – “ICON” (full image)
yo17

GLXS BORN – “ICON” (detail)
yo18

1. Umi on August 7, 2008 at 10:11 am

Thx so much for putting these pictures up. Well, it’s not the same as visiting the art show (sth I really really really wish I could do, but… L.A. is a bit far away from Germany ^^°) but at least is something… Love all of them, btw🙂 ~Umi

2. zimminator on August 5, 2008 at 12:12 pm

thanx for putting these up mike! wow there is so much detail in them……thats amazing! and thank you for allowing us to put them up in our blogs and stuff, and i will respect what you say and not crop them!

3. Jaraldoaz on August 5, 2008 at 8:18 am

I caught this music video on MTV yesterday and I immediately thought of “Glorious Excess”

4. VikiKern on August 5, 2008 at 2:35 am

thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for putting up these photos on your site!!!! cause for me theres no chance to visit your shows there in america……..(i´m sitting here in germany)
    i love your art!!!! your artwork inspired me to draw and paint, too and make my own artwork🙂

5. lynndarwinharris on August 3, 2008 at 2:53 pm

Thank you for allowing us to share your photos. My book should be arriving in the mail any day now. Can’t Wait! I will hopefully post some of the photos to my myspace page soon! Thanks again

6. sasummsumm on August 3, 2008 at 4:28 am

wow they’re so awesome…thanks for the details…and i like your fishiees^^…got it as my desktop bg ^^ they’re so sweet… tries to draw some fish too….it’s my zodiac sign…gonna get something like that tattooed one day i think…^^ draws and draws^^….as usual you inspire me to draw some more THX^____^

7. nillp on August 2, 2008 at 10:55 pm

thank you so much for sharing this pieces and details with us..🙂

take care ♥

8. fanyan on August 2, 2008 at 9:40 pm

I dunno if people has seen this one but really interesting interview mike : http://www.downtownlascene.com/index.php/scene/news_item/31754/

9. ShadowerLiltani on August 2, 2008 at 9:23 pm

Thank you so much for posting up these pictures. Granted, they aren’t going to have the same effect as seeing them in person, but, I think your art is wonderful and it cannot be compared to anyone else. I really appreciate that you posted up the detail shots, cause the skull in Wine looks like a photograph, but close up, it’s actually painted by hand. That’s a very intricate detail, and for those here who are also artists, know how much time something like that can take. Study for SxDxDxR is my favorite. The expression made me giggle mildly.

10. Madlen on August 2, 2008 at 3:20 pm

Whoa Mike thank you so much:DThis is so great…your art is truly amazing just like you…btw will you give some info on DIES?I really love the STUDY FOR SxDxRnR piece:)I mean i can’t really choose a favorite cause they are all so great….

11. DHT on August 2, 2008 at 12:08 pm

Went to JANM yesterday to see the collection before it’s gone. I loved your drawinings/sketches, VIP lanyards of all the places syou have gone and seeing your paint board/brushes. your work is reaching all demographic of fans, I saw a mom with 4 little skate boarder boys that went to see your work.

12. rockermeg on August 2, 2008 at 11:09 am

I was about to come on and say which my favourites were but I’ve just realised I can’t pick them out…

They’re all amaaaazing,congrats mikey🙂

Megan x

13. AdrenalinShockk on August 2, 2008 at 10:56 am

Okay my favorite are: Smokin;Wine;and Song; but icon is amazing! Especially with all the extra detail(with the dollars signs for everythign) I love the concept of drugs sex and rock N rol. He is an amazing manl

14. AdrenalinShockk on August 2, 2008 at 8:17 am

i love smokin.wine and ah i forgot what the other one was called but excellent work mike. You uncanny ailities make me unaturally amazed and jealous-ith much love rachel

15. Zmazhiing on August 2, 2008 at 6:25 am

Great work🙂

16. cuz on August 2, 2008 at 6:21 am

and “STUDY FOR SxDxRnR” is amazing! this one was not shown here before, how was the process of creating it so it’s kind of surprise😉 i saw it on DC video from the show but it was small and fast so the details couldn’t be catched. and such a great idea to put it on the shoes… would love to see how it looks like there.oh, and my art book was finally shiped yesterday😀 can’t wait to get it😀 hope you have a good day, thank you again🙂

17. cuz on August 2, 2008 at 6:20 am

Mike, do you know that i love you? you have such good heart, you’re like a little angel who gives me belief in human race back. thank you sooo much for the photos. it’s great that you think of all of those people that can’t come to see it in person. i love your art and that would be a dream coming true if i could go to LA, but i can’t – no money for the ticket from Poland:/ so it’s fantastic you put those photos up. and great thing with close – ups😉 much easier to see the texture and all the way those are done. i always love to see all details. really great, impressive pieces

18. Meteora20 on August 2, 2008 at 5:10 am

thank you so much, for the picture. they are looks great. i like the Woman art.
    take care.

19. msgirl on August 2, 2008 at 4:52 am

and also others are awesome…but i think icon is the best..cuz it’s ur best work…..:)

20. msgirl on August 2, 2008 at 4:51 am

oh……i would forget that i love the icon much….;)

21. msgirl on August 2, 2008 at 4:50 am

oohh……mikey..,thank u very very very much for remembering ur fans who don’t live in LA……..i wanted to see ur artshow but i live very far from LA….i promise i will see ur artshow some day okay?2years later…..i hope….:) again thanx thanx thanx thanx…….love yah……:) take care
    -js

22. skindesbous on August 2, 2008 at 4:47 am

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us, tomorrow I’ll upload one of them on my fotolog page to see what the people think about it🙂 I feel bad about the end of the Glorious Excess (born) :__

23. Raspberry on August 2, 2008 at 3:46 am

Thank you so much for sharing your art with us .. i will be the first to admit art is usually lost on me, my daughter is a great artist at only 15 and my main thoughts when i see it is that i can’t draw for toffee before enjoying the pictures. Your art is very profound and made me think about the trappings of fame which i wouldn’t normally do as it would never affect me in this lifetime. Best wishes, Maria

24. I_B_Long on August 2, 2008 at 3:43 am

i know you think its annoying when people do this, but i posted your pics in my blog, so in case you wanna check it out (feel free to point out any mistakes i made…lol) here’s the link: http://whereiblong.blogspot.com/

25. I_B_Long on August 2, 2008 at 1:54 am

OH MIKE! you just totally made my morning!! ive been hoping (and beggin) for WEEKS that you’d put up some GOOD pictures of your art. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ALL OF IT and i dont ususally write in all caps so that should show you how excited i am! i really really like the one, uh, forgot the name, its also in the sole of one of the shoes. its amazing! im defifnitely putting this on my blog, like, right now, even tho i dont really have the time.
    im gonna be doing the happy dance ALL DAY!
    today, YOU are my hero!

26. MissNatalie1984 on August 1, 2008 at 11:49 pm

dude, i don’t need to tell you how freaking awesome your paintings are.

i’d literally kill to be able to hang one of them on my wall.

congrats on all the awesome media coverage your art show received. you should be proud!

27. Jelly on August 1, 2008 at 10:24 pm

I luv Song, Wine, Icon… they’re soooooooo awesome! I wish I could touch them😀
    I want to become a graphic designer… or everything that related to drawing, graphic, design. They’re very interesting you know^^! And I admire you. You’re the most talented!

28. axrinekey on August 1, 2008 at 9:07 pm

Wow!
    That’re just so cool.

I’m sure that I’ll put them into my blog as soon as I can get into that stupid blogger!😀

And I’ve just realised that the icon’s all $$$ signs xD
    That’s really nice🙂

29. akitagirl on August 1, 2008 at 8:24 pm

Thanks for the pix Mike – wish the show his the east coast too. The detail shots are great! I love looking up close to see the detail of the strokes and what went into a piece. Happy for all your success.

30. ANGELOFRETRIBUTION on August 1, 2008 at 8:22 pm

Hey Mike, me too much much much dissappionted, what happened ? it supposed to be in this blog, isn’t it?

but…arghhhhh … ~ ~ oh sorry, now i see it, above at STORE section, as yuv insisted to put it up…

OMG !!! ~ ~ that’s really AWESOME ~

“- – – -Hey Dear !!, forget about it. it’s suck !!”

“….???……Oh Mom !, c’mon i really love it, can i have one ~ please please please….”

“Listen to me, it’s suck ! Okay? it’s suck”

“whahhhh Mikey my mom’s turning red…..sorry sorry, i’ll buy your next one…i promise..”

HAVE A NICE DAY….WITH LOVE… ♥~♥

31. Aqua101 on August 1, 2008 at 7:06 pm

Great! I hv just add 1 of the artwork of yours into my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/irdahk), I mostly love that “MugShot” of yours….another are “Smokin” & “Memento Mori”….those are my real favourites! You really got special talent on expressing things. I really admire your works. Its an inspiration. I never feel bored just by looking at all your art works (even those “Diamond-Shape Arts”, they are also so unique)….just wishing to hv one (too bad not available anywhere else). Keep up doing a special thing, Mike. Take care!

32. jtowngirl on August 1, 2008 at 6:53 pm

Man, I can’t believe I missed the show on the front and back end! I was in L.A. before it was there, and will be there after it leaves. Thanks so much for your art and displaying it at the JANM (I try to go there every time I’m home). I hope those who visitied viewed more than just your display (my Dad showed me where he lived in that model of Manzanar), and took away the knowledge of what Japanese Americans experienced in the United States during WWII. Thanks for doing your part in trying to make this a better world! (Hey, how about a benefit concert for the JANM or Go For Broke Ed Foundation? Oh, and smaller sized shoes!)

33. Xavi_cardenas on August 1, 2008 at 6:40 pm

i’ve been reading some comments…
    wow, those shoes are big then xD
    even though they would fit my feet, muahahaha!!!!! short ppl xD

great paintings btw

34. asianotter on August 1, 2008 at 6:28 pm

thanks for sharing the images! seeing all of the pieces up close and in person was the most amazing thing i have done all year! Icon and Memento Mori really need to be seen up close to reveal their depth and beauty! thanks, again! be safe, have fun and i will see you nect week in Mt. View!

35. Reem on August 1, 2008 at 5:35 pm

amazing,love every detail you put in them,i can only imagine how hard it must have been, my fav is STUDY FOR SxDxRnR,wonderfull. Reminds me of a similar graphed sort of painting by picasso that was just a sketch sort of thing,funny how at the time no one probably paid much attention to it and now it’s worth millions im guessing,eh,great work,i would have loved to go.Thanks for sharing.have a good one!!

36. angie on August 1, 2008 at 5:24 pm

I can’t wait til my artbook comes in so I can see all the artwork fully. Thanks for posting those pics, wish I could of seen the art in person.

37. lp_fm_fan on August 1, 2008 at 5:18 pm

wish i could see it in person. blah.😦

btw, the shoes were not my size. none for girls? BOO!!!!!!!!!!!😦

38. spraypaintNinkpens on August 1, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Mike, I bought the shoes reluctantly. Honestly they’re cool, but 170 total? Dang, Jordan’s cost less.
    Maybe next time you could make them affordable to your fan base( which is primarily high school/college students).

39. Zara on August 1, 2008 at 5:12 pm

thanks for posting the art, should do me until my art book gets here

40. Zach on August 1, 2008 at 5:10 pm

I’m trying to go to Glorious Excess Dies in January if I can get enough money. I love your art man, keep at it!

41. lxlatinangelxl on August 1, 2008 at 4:54 pm

…..I saw in DC SHOES.com that more designs would come in the next few moths…..if thats true…..than can you please mike make smaller sizes???or women sizes????……anyways is up to you…..I admire you and always will,youre the one who got me into art more i already was,so theres no way i can hate you,but please,smaller sizes for the next ones!!!!!

42. Kaeru on August 1, 2008 at 4:51 pm

^-^ youre arts are realy cool
    hug😀 non smoking for live ^^ hehe i thng some of you arts say smoking is bad i thing so too well smoking kills people!
    you are a good guy ^^ stand it ^^ and save youre smile

43. murry on August 1, 2008 at 4:39 pm

I’d really like to see SxDxRxR in person. It looks like there’s a lot going on there. Maybe I’ll be able to travel or buy a print when (Dies) opens. And as for the shoes, I can just forget about that. I can’t justify spending that which I don’t have.

Sorry, I’d love to help out your scholarship recipients, but nobody gave me a fucking scholarship. So… tough titty, kitty.

44. lxlatinangelxl on August 1, 2008 at 4:20 pm

I love you Mike……but……how am I suppose to get over this……im not crying or saying ”I HATE MIKE SHINODA!”..but im just pissed…i hear that you were gonna make other shoes or something like that….if thats true than.—-can you make size 6 1/2 ,,,,,,7 its fine….but please 6 1/2 ………please mike please!!!!!!!!!!……those shoes were really important to me and to see they dont have size 6 1/2 ……really is disappointing for me…. anyways you artshow rocked…..sorry,but thats all i can say right now cause im really sad…..

45. lxlatinangelxl on August 1, 2008 at 4:05 pm

thanks…..but IM SO PISSED!!!!!!!!!ive been waiting for those shoes my whole life and now it happens that they dont have size 6 1/2???????????????????? ………………….i wanna cry and die……i woke up at 5 am….for nothing?????????…..i dont hate you mike…….its not your fault,but,why didnt you think of smaller sizes????????

46. skyzlmt on August 1, 2008 at 3:51 pm

Sic show. Got the shoes finally. When are the other colors comin out? I wanted the all grey ones that were at the show, but the brown grey will hold me til then.

47. Yahali on August 1, 2008 at 3:47 pm

oh!~ thank you , thank you , thank you very much! great photos! you are awesome, mike! it’s so beautiful! i wish i would talented like you…🙂

i hope you enjoy in the shows and all this🙂

48. comfortzone on August 1, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Wow

49. Brittney on August 1, 2008 at 3:44 pm

Thanks for posting these!

50. Rezzy19 on August 1, 2008 at 3:44 pm

Mike,

Thanks so much for posting these, I really wish I could have made it down for your show but couldn’t afford it. Next time you do a show I’ll be in AZ, so getting to L.A. will be a lot more feasible than from NY. =)

Keep up the awesome work you do!

Robb

51. lucky_cat on August 1, 2008 at 3:41 pm

Thanks very much for the images, especially for the close-ups, so we can receive an deeper impression. (those who aren´t in LA😉

52. Curiosa on August 1, 2008 at 3:27 pm

You mean I can’t take your guy, give him a mustache & a cute pink barret? You’re no fun. :)~ j/k lol Thanks for showing us your artwork & the detail. I actually like this series of artwork.🙂 Great job mike. 🙂

Have you seen Andrew Jone’s work? Here’s a link below. Have a good weekend.🙂

53. LinkinParkROCK on August 1, 2008 at 3:21 pm

They are all so awesome! I wish I was allowed to go and actually see them =[
    You ROCK!
    xx

54. GenMTL on August 1, 2008 at 3:20 pm

Thanks to post some of your pieces. Unfortunatly, I will be in LA in October, so I won’t be able to see your art show. I’m hypnotized by your piece “Song”, I don’t know why maybe the details but it’s a strong piece and I want to know if you will sell them after the art show? I’m not rich but if the price sound good for me, I’m ready to buy it!! Thanks and hope to see and other art show from you!!

55. PinkWater3 on August 1, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Dear Michael,
    YOUR SHOES ARE SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE!
    I ordered them anyway but.. are you serious?

56. boringrockstar on August 1, 2008 at 3:12 pm

love your art🙂 and thanks for finally putting up the shoes😀 I hope that I’ll get them …but I think there r not so many people wearing shoes in size 13😄

57. Raych on August 1, 2008 at 3:09 pm

Its Amazin how much detail there is in every piece!!!
    I just wish I lived in L.A to have the chance to see them up close!
    Thanks for the images🙂

58. NYCBabe on August 1, 2008 at 2:57 pm

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR THE IMAGES! I’m all the way in NY and would’ve loved to see all the art in person. Peace n Much Luv Mike!

PS Your DC kicks r funky fresh🙂

59. pbizkit33 on August 1, 2008 at 2:53 pm

Thanks for the images Mike. Wish I could have gotten out to LA to see the show.

60. prisonsecks on August 1, 2008 at 2:48 pm

Randomly; can I just ask why a signed art piece by you costs less than your shoes?