x games coverage

August 2, 2008

chad kagy / GOLD in the BMX big air finals. (congrats, buddy!) from expn: “He flip-whipped the 70-foot-gap and followed up on the quarter with his massive signature trick, a flatspin flair-whip that went almost 20 feet into the Staples rafters. ” by all accounts, kagy’s competition with dave mirra was fierce; congrats to chad for winning it this year.

bob burnquist (GOLD), jake brown (bronze), and danny way (SILVER) in skate big air…but let’s talk about danny. anyone who knows him, or has seen danny in times of injury knows that he is almost unstoppable. here’s the coverage, from expn.com:

“Out of a massive backflip across the kicker, he boosted a 19-foot McTwist straight to his shins and did the most violent penny drop I’ve ever seen, landing on his back. Way got up slowly, took a 10 minute “one of the gnarliest slams I’ve ever seen” break and came back out. At one point, a media lady asked him how he was doing and Way said, “I’m pretty sure my foot’s broken.” Just the words made me feel like less of a man as he climbed up to the roll-in.”

i know few people who are as dedicated to anything as danny is to what he does. following this crash, danny took a breather, got back up, and powered into a run that won him the silver medal. i love that guy.

1. zimminator on August 5, 2008 at 12:15 pm

omg i didnt know you were into x games! i go crazy when its on! but not gonna lie, i thought dave mirras trick on the big air was better……and i noticed less skaters went on the big air. thank god! that thing isnt mean for skaters, as we all realized last year.

2. soyuneik on August 3, 2008 at 11:19 pm

Yea determination is everything. haha but I’m thinking there should be a better word for cases like his. Maybe the Do or die mindset.

3. ritzifying on August 3, 2008 at 8:19 pm

that sux, and poor twitch stenberg in freestyle moto : (

4. jameshinoda on August 3, 2008 at 1:56 pm

MIKE, YOU PRACTICE A SPORT?

5. MusicalMorphine on August 3, 2008 at 7:03 am

Wasn’t Danny Way the guy that jumped the great wall of china? He’s pretty awesome.

I remember watching that Jake Brown fall before, I can’t believe he got up after that. Those Danny Way falls were pretty nasty too, these guys are made of steel! And can I also say, that drop in is epic, makes me dizzy just looking at it.

I love the x games, I wish I could attend.

6. sasummsumm on August 3, 2008 at 4:36 am

ouch…well i respect that guy…and it remembers me at chester breaking his arm and still kicking off a show^^…

7. skindesbous on August 3, 2008 at 12:00 am

“I’m pretty sure my foot’s broken.” Wow… he must be an amazing guy ._.

8. nillp on August 2, 2008 at 11:32 pm

woow. i do love x games.. i went to x games when it came to brazil this year.. really amazing..!😀

anyway; congrats to them.. ♥

9. ShadowerLiltani on August 2, 2008 at 9:16 pm

I swear to god Mike, if you could just spend a whole week watching nothing but the x games and basketball tricks, you’d do it. By the way, is Projekt Revolution going to tour next year, or are all of you taking a break for studio time? They mentioned something about hitting the studio in an older news thing on LPU, but I don’t really remember the whole scope of it.

10. axrinekey on August 2, 2008 at 8:33 pm

OH! :O
    I didn’t know you fancy skateboards competitions! xD

Ahhh..
    Congratulations for winning the most favourite International artist in MTV Asia Awards😀

The video’s really funny!! xD
    Hope you alll will come back to Asia!😀

We’ll be waiting! xD

11. msgirl on August 2, 2008 at 7:15 pm

MIKE…I VOTED FOR U EVERY 10MINUTES,I TOLD MY ALL LPN,HI5..BLABLABLA FRIENDS TO VOTE FOR U…….WHY?2THINGS…….FOR LP AND FOR UR WORD……:) ‘THANK YOU’ …..I JUST WANTED TO SEE THIS WORD…….:)

12. Madlen on August 2, 2008 at 3:43 pm

That guy reminds me of Chester:DI mean the guy broke his wrist and continued with the show anyway:DBtw the videos that Siby posted in here OMG !But i do love the X Games :DCongrats on the MAA ’08 Fav. International Artist of Asia award:DI voted for that like crazy:DYou guy totally deserve it:D

13. cuz on August 2, 2008 at 2:53 pm

oh man, i love that! would love to do such tricks on my own but you know… ;p so it’s cool to watch other guys doing so great! oh, and chad has a really great taste if it comes to art😉

what happened to ‘scooter’ post? i read that😉 have a nice day🙂

14. Susi1 on August 2, 2008 at 2:25 pm

thats fuckin’ rock n roll!!!
    Danny Way is great. I remember his jump over the great wall of China.
    btw, I saw your post about ” Scooter”. Why did you delete it? I ‘m from Germany and let me say one thing: “Scooter” is also in Germany an example of really bad music :o)

15. LP_Suneet on August 2, 2008 at 1:10 pm

Thats Awesome………………

And Mikey………….You guys are no different…………..

We LP fans know that you are always ready to step up and never let us down even in the most messed up situations………..

The biggest example of that is the time when Chaz fell of the stage in Melbourne……….He was hurt real bad………but he continued the song(Papercut) and the rest of the show only for us(the fans)……………..

Thats why we are so proud to be LP fans………

You guys rock

LP 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. miKer0cks on August 2, 2008 at 12:23 pm

wow!!! awesome….btw….CONGRATS on winning at the MTV Asian Awards!!!! welldone guys!!!! i love you and you will always be the winners of my heart!!!! welldone once again guys!!!!<3

17. Siby on August 2, 2008 at 11:46 am

oh well this year its danny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAyiDEwCnwI

and last year it was Jake Brown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSxqt0tEhe8

that must hurt so much.

18. Sammy on August 2, 2008 at 11:18 am

he is really awesome !!!

19. SimplyMode on August 2, 2008 at 11:08 am

OK, we don’t have the X-games here in England && I recently just found out what they were…
    Let me just say pretty awesome shit! yeah, Anyway saw Danny Way’s crash on youtube (ok a few of them)
    && It doesn’t look pretty but I give the guy major props for coming back out and doing his thing..totally proves he loves what does,! xD
    Im still pretty pissed I couldn’t get your shoes but hopefully everybody else does xD

20. rockermeg on August 2, 2008 at 11:04 am

O_o sounds like a riot…that dude is dedicated!

Aah I was bummed when I found out you guys hadn’t been nominated for the KERRANG!Awards 2008…I voted for you for every possible category(by faking my age btw)and you didn’t get in :-‘(

Well I’ll have to vote for Bullet For My Valentine and 30 Seconds to Mars…

Good luck with the Teen Choice Awards…kick Miley Cyrus for me

Megan x

21. Zach on August 2, 2008 at 11:01 am

That’s hardcore.

22. lp_fm_fan on August 2, 2008 at 10:57 am

Wow! He still got silver?! AWESOME!

btw, Mike, please make smaller sizes for the other shoes. Not everyone has big feet.😦

23. Blaesbjerg on August 2, 2008 at 9:59 am

Haven’t quite followed the BMX and Skate – sports, but I find them quite interresting though.. Love it when you “review” things, your pretty good at it! :O.. Again what is going on with the URL?! /home ?!..
    – Less of a man? xD Hah! Well you aren’t quite the sporty type are you? :b.. I actually foind my self laughing at that comment..
    – Bought the shoes, didn’t thought thet were so cheap, actually.. :b

24. msgirl on August 2, 2008 at 9:49 am

congrats!mike lp won in mtvasiawards….favourite artist in asia…….please thank to us…:'(….i voted for you every 10minutes ,cuz i wanted to see ur miracle word thank you 😥

25. I_B_Long on August 2, 2008 at 9:45 am

holy crap, i just watched the video. i cannot believe he got back in there after falling TWICE! he hit his head pretty hard on that second fall too! i bet he felt that the next day…
    fucking amazing.

26. firetomysoul on August 2, 2008 at 9:39 am

Love the X Games, thanks for the update Mike!

27. LinkinPark4everJL on August 2, 2008 at 9:30 am

He broke his foot and still get the silver. that’s awesome😀

28. AdrenalinShockk on August 2, 2008 at 9:18 am

aw i wish i could of gone love bmxing im doing it myself

29. Linkin_Betty on August 2, 2008 at 9:15 am