god bless bernie mac

August 9, 2008

comedian bernie mac passed away today. that dude was incredible; i loved his comedy. this was one of my favorites: the story about his sister’s kids, and he had an altercation with the gay baby…

“where tha cookies and shit?…”

1. kklastlegaldrug666 on August 14, 2008 at 4:19 pm

Bernie Mac was one of tha best comedians fuckin ever..I was so sad when i learned he was in tha hospital tha week prior 2 his death and i was so hoping he’d make it and when he died it made me even more sad..we lost a fuckin great man that brought so much laughter 2 so many around tha world ..he made me proud 2 be from chicago like he was ..hell i even graduated from tha same high school he did here(many yrs apart yet still trippy)

R.I.P Bernie Mac

U may be gone yet never 4 gotten becuz u live on via ur body of work …He was and always be tha true king of comedy

2. shima_kunze on August 12, 2008 at 8:27 pm

so sad…ironically my Grandmother died the same day from pneumonia as well =( and I had tix to PR in SF that day…I wasn’t gonna go but I know my Grandma would have wanted me to, plus I had 6th row tix! You guys put on a kick ass show and made my sad day better! Thank you, I love you guys!!!!!! xoxo

RIP Grandma & Bernie Mac!!

3. Frerard on August 12, 2008 at 8:20 pm

when i read this entry the first time, i was pretty shocked to heard that he’s passed away. cos a few days before, mtv asia just broadcasted his Punk’D episode. i like the guy, he’s a great comedian/actor. god bless him.

nonetheless, may god bless MSGIRL too =|

4. caleb_bozeman on August 11, 2008 at 8:36 am

man I still can´t believe that he´s gone even after 3 days. oh well R.I.P. Bernie Mac (P.S. MSGIRL I hate your english too)

5. Madlen on August 10, 2008 at 3:05 pm

That guy sure was hilarious…rest in peace Bernie Mac!

6. rockermeg on August 10, 2008 at 12:00 pm

Wow thats so weird…I turned on the news same time I came on here and they were just reporting on his death…

Its so sad…and he wasn’t very old either

He was a great actor and that clip is hilarious!

Thanks Mike,

Megan x

x (RIP Bernie Mac) x

7. Sammy on August 10, 2008 at 11:15 am

thats so sad i really like him in the oceans- movies …..

8. AdrenalinShockk on August 10, 2008 at 11:07 am

omg i just busted up laughing..man may bernie rest in peace.
    thanks mike for posting this

9. msgirl on August 10, 2008 at 9:56 am

oohh………..i am getting afraid too……….what should i do?😥

10. msgirl on August 10, 2008 at 8:03 am

i am getting better mikey…:) if i get afraid again,i will write s/th to u…and i will get better…..sorry,mikey……i don’t wanna write s/th to others……cuz it doesn’t make me better….kikii…i think i won’t sleep today….just try not to be afraid….:) have a nice day,mikey……it’s morining in LA?…..hope u have an awesome day……..:) kisss,love yah……:) greetings to others(especially chaazz) and ANNA and ur lovely pets….:) if i can’ sleep,i will write again……..kiki……:)

11. msgirl on August 10, 2008 at 7:56 am

i wish i could sleep………:'( i wanna take medicine…..but there is no medicine…….i think i won’t sleep till sun rise…..:'( do u have some advice?kikiki……u won’t answer me i know this……..:( anyway,i hope u always read our comments….:) it’s enough for us……u r the best star in the world….:) u understand ur fans…i don’t know whether others everytime write blogs to their fans…i think they don’t…even chester…kiki…but u do…:) u love ur fans…:)

12. msgirl on August 10, 2008 at 7:47 am

so…mike,i voted for u whole day……..mtvvideoawards……:) but i don’t understand one thing,mikey…..why there isn’t what i’ve done???just shadow of the day,and LOATR…..but i am voting for shadow of the day..actually i love loatr much..but shadow of the day has more views….and i want it to be the best……i told my all friends to vote for them but mike?my advice doesn’t help a lot..i think u should tell ur fans to vote for them…..????at linkinpark.com news???huh??oohh,i can’t sleep..:(

13. cream3 on August 10, 2008 at 7:41 am

I can’t believe that he dead. he was the best .I will be missed bernie mac

14. msgirl on August 10, 2008 at 7:40 am

oohh,i can’t sleep mikey..:'( in my country,it’s 1am……but my parents and my sister went on holiday…..and i am alone in my home…i have never stayed alone before.so afraid:'(😥 :'(i wish i wnet with them,but i didn’t want..and there r some horror movies on the tv.i don’t watch horror movies,when i see it once…i don’t forget it about 1month….everynight i think about it..and can’t sleep… and i thought i had better write s/th to u….it makes me better…..:)

15. msgirl on August 10, 2008 at 7:30 am

hell…shit………oohh,i don’t understand the video…..hate my bad english…..anyway,if u like it….me too…….:) he dead?mmm,really sorry about it……i’ve heard about him….nice man..but just a name,i don’t know much……..hope u having awesome pro rev……it’s about to end yeah????….

16. Ekay on August 10, 2008 at 6:36 am

A great loss for the comedy world! Bernie Mac Show ruled. May he rest in peace now!

17. Blaesbjerg on August 10, 2008 at 6:16 am

He’s dead?!.. NOOO!!.. What a shame, he was quite funny.. Love this clip😀
    “She work for the devil” xD hahaha

18. ColorScheming on August 10, 2008 at 2:43 am

i was so shocked to hear abou tit. R.I.P bernie mac.❤ This clip is too funny. Its a shame hes gone😦 He will be missed by many.

19. Siby on August 10, 2008 at 1:38 am

that cant be true….i dont want to believe it

20. soyuneik on August 10, 2008 at 1:37 am

Are you friggin’ kidding me? Me and my boy just got done watching the Kings of Comedy Dvd, that exact shit! What the hell is up with all the coincidences? Well, it is Bernie Mac we’re talking about… its a real shame…sigh. I’m gonna miss him. So many people died this year.

21. msgirl on August 10, 2008 at 12:52 am

hey……..guys vote for linkinpark at mtvvideoawards!I MTV.COM-MTVVIDEOAWARDS-BEST ROCK VIDEO U CAN VOTE TILL 13TH AUGUST….:) PLEASE TELL OTHERS TO VOTE FOR THEM…..;) AND LP WILL BE ABLE TO NOMINATE…..PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!

22. Jhuryn on August 9, 2008 at 11:58 pm

Another great comedian bites the dust. Bernie Mac will be missed!

23. kimCHEE on August 9, 2008 at 9:38 pm

): sad to hear that dude! he passed away during singapore’s birthday.! ): plus, he was just middle aged. ugh man…. RIP

24. axrinekey on August 9, 2008 at 8:52 pm

Oh my God…
    I didn’t know he passed away…

I do love his actings…
    he was a funny guy! >_<

25. lynndarwinharris on August 9, 2008 at 8:50 pm

When I heard on the news today that he had passed away, I cried. Another talent gone too soon. Bernie brought laughter to this world and in today’s world that is simply priceless. thanks Mike for posting the video.

26. hannxmann on August 9, 2008 at 7:58 pm

when i saw this earlier this morning, i didnt believe it at first. 50 years old; its so sadd. another amazing talent gone. god bless him; RIP.

27. Zach on August 9, 2008 at 7:55 pm

RIP dude! Sucks to hear that.

28. MissNatalie1984 on August 9, 2008 at 6:29 pm

i almost died (no pun intended) when i logged onto yahoo and that was the first thing i saw.
    dead at 50. it’s almost surreal.
    R.I.P

29. Doggie24690 on August 9, 2008 at 5:55 pm

Oh that’s so sad. R.I.P.

30. psykobouliz on August 9, 2008 at 5:05 pm

oh yes! I’ve seen this today! I couldn’t belive it! This guy was amazing! And he was still young by the way… We lost a very good artist… =( i’m sad of this.

…about the faggot… it’s just comedy, as we say… You don’t gotta take it at the first degree. My best frirend is gay, and i’m not disappointed at all about this video. Himself laugh about gay stuff!! hummm…. Well, i respect everyone’s opinion.

31. analoggirl on August 9, 2008 at 4:51 pm

“Summabitch!” (I think that was his trademark. lol) I’ll miss Bernie Mac. His stand up was amazing and he brought so much charisma to the screen. Mike, thanks for this blog post. It felt good to laugh, knowing that’s what he would have wanted. I think I’ll watch the Oceans movies tonight…

32. Emilia on August 9, 2008 at 4:49 pm

That’s reallly sad😦 I heard about this couple hours ago, and I was shocked O_O He was one of my faves and I loved The Bernie Mac Show : / R.I.P Bernard Jeffery McCullough :((

33. nillp on August 9, 2008 at 4:28 pm

i couldn’t believe my eyes when i read about his dead earlier today..😦

he was really incredible.. the world lost amazing talents this year.. unfortunately..

this one was really one of his best.. as u said God bless him..!:/

take care; love ya ~ mk’nil ♥

34. Elliandria on August 9, 2008 at 4:21 pm

Now, I know the man just died, and I’m genuinely sorry for it. But posting a video with the word “faggot” in it not once but twice is just not on. Sure, it’s comedy; it’s meant to be taken lightly. But a straight guy using that word is very much like a white person using the n word. And I mean, I know it’s your blog; you can do what you want with it. But with the huge fanbase you have in the gay community, it just seems very disrespectful. And I’m sorry if this comment seems righteous or holier-than-thou, because I really don’t mean it to be, but I’m honestly just…disappointed, is all. And I never thought I’d say that.

35. Raiden on August 9, 2008 at 3:59 pm

OMG! I wasn’t even thinking that something wrong could happen to Bernie. I’ve really enjoyed his movies especially Bad Santa. Terrible loss. So I guess his picture will be also seen in a video at the Oscar Awards next year who passed away :(…Hope his family will be okay. We loved you Bernie….rest in peace😦.

36. antje on August 9, 2008 at 3:45 pm

This is really sad. I know him from Oceans Eleven…. RIP Bernie….
    We will miss you…

37. SimplyMode on August 9, 2008 at 3:33 pm

Damn..That’s probably all i can say right now.

I’m actually speechless (& that’s rare for me)

Wow…Bernie Mac actually made it bearable to watch “Charlie’s Angels 2”

38. ShadowerLiltani on August 9, 2008 at 3:18 pm

Where tha cookies ‘n shit… I love when kids swear, especially when they are just repeating what they hear. I gotta tell you about one of the kids I work with. One boy loves male body part expletives. We have to keep an eye on the kids when they’re in the bathroom, and this kid kept mumbling to the teacher and the only word she could make out was “stuck”. Finally, she says to him, what’s stuck? So, the kid hollers at her, “No!”, yanks his pants down, points to himself and shouts, “DICK!!!” I really don’t know to say about Mac dying though… I guess all I can say is that it fucking sucks.

39. LinkinFreaky on August 9, 2008 at 3:13 pm

oh… so sad😦
    but i’m don’t know him…

40. lp_fm_fan on August 9, 2008 at 3:08 pm

WHAT?!
    he died?!

Noooo.😦

This sucks. sigh

41. cuz on August 9, 2008 at 3:01 pm

firstly i didn’t recognize the name (i’m from Poland) but i really know that face and voice especcialy. he was really good. so sorry😦

42. skindesbous on August 9, 2008 at 2:57 pm

I feel sad… he was too young…

43. ninguem on August 9, 2008 at 2:51 pm

i don’t remember this guy, i never watched charlie’s angels and transformers are so bad which i dont remember.
    hey dont forget to vote in lp to best rock video and video of the year on vmas, is going til wedsnesday

44. ShadowIsWarmInside on August 9, 2008 at 2:47 pm

I’m gonna miss him, I loved him him, he was brilliant, the best of the best of the best

45. Shinodabestfriend on August 9, 2008 at 2:06 pm

O_O YOU LOVED IT TOO!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? shit, man!! JUST LIKE MY FAMILY DO!! …I can’t breathe… wow…

46. murry on August 9, 2008 at 1:59 pm

First George Carlin and now Bernie Mac. Fuck you, 2008!

47. Kira on August 9, 2008 at 1:47 pm

I think that was just about everybody’s favorite bit from that movie. I think I was about ten or eleven when that movie came out and even then I thought that bit was one of the most hilarious things ever. It’s sad to see him go. My dog died on the first, so yeah, it’s been a shitty week all around.

48. sasummsumm on August 9, 2008 at 1:45 pm

i live in germany but i think i saw him in some movies?…well…his accent is very strange to me ( school englisch you know… ;/) but what i understood is awesome…so sad he passed away…😦 dunno what to say

49. merve on August 9, 2008 at 1:44 pm

he will be missed….its good to remember him with his amazing comedies…tnx for sharing:)

50. I_B_Long on August 9, 2008 at 1:39 pm

am i the only one who thinks that spamming this particular post is really uncalled for? not to mention disrespectful…?

im very sad that he passed away. he was an awesome comedian/actor. and he was still pretty young. my thoughts are with his family and friends.

51. Anika on August 9, 2008 at 1:32 pm

in saw him in some movies…i liked him…..:,(

52. MoR_Israel_ on August 9, 2008 at 1:17 pm

He was one of the most good comedian’s that i know

53. Galou on August 9, 2008 at 12:50 pm

Hello Mike!
    I created a picture for the concert in Paris-Bercy (on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008),
    do you love it ?

My blog => http://vivelinkinpark15.skyrock.com

54. Shinizzle3 on August 9, 2008 at 12:50 pm

omg i don’t know him, but i just looked on wikipedia…why did he die so young?! omg
    one-minute silent in memory of bernie mac… :,[