Lyrics In Print: ABC

November 29, 2008

When your girl has left you out on the pavement (goodbye)

Then your dreams fall apart at the seams

Your reason for livings your reason for leaving

Dont ask me what it means

Thats the look, thats the look

The look of love

If you judge a book by the cover,

Then you’d judge the look by the lover

I hope youll soon recover,

Me I go from one extreme to another

And though my friends just might ask me

They say martin maybe one day youll find true love

I say maybe, there must be a solution

To the one thing, the one thing, we cant find

Thats the look, thats the look

The look of love

Thats the look, thats the look

The look of love

Thats the look, thats the look

Sisters and brothers

Should help each other

Oh, oh, oh

Heavens above

hip hip hooray-ay

yippee ai yippee ai yay

Thats the look, thats the look

Be lucky in love

Look of love

My favorite part? “If you judge a book by the cover, Then you’d judge the look by the lover”

What?

I think there’s a logic problem in there somewhere, but I’m too confused by the rest of the lyrics to actually break it down. If you haven’t heard this song, it’s possible that “Heavens above / hip hip hooray-ay / yippee ai yippee ai yay” is a little less funny when taken out of context…but not likely.

1. emirandakey on February 26, 2011 at 12:48 am

yea at the first time the lyric was so deep but then ???? :P

2. chazmidnight on December 8, 2008 at 9:55 pm

its weird coz when u start reading u think ah how deep and pulling at heart strings and then hip hip hooray? it loses its effect. i dont know if i am just the idiot but i think its all confusing, structure and flow. anyways i am from south africa so at this point i dont really know who ABC is.

3. Curiosa on December 3, 2008 at 7:32 am

Mike, so if I want to ad a random link about an interesting article that I think you’ll enjoy (like one mentioning all the neat modifications done to the real vehicles for the James Bond movies) then I’ll have to post on LPMB or LPUMB? Well then I guess you’ll never get to read it especially since I prefer posting on FMMB (which I did post btw). :)~

Another question, have you ever had your heart broken into thousands of pieces cause if you have then you’d understand the song. To me this is more like a break up song. It is a great song which I will now be singing in my head for the rest of the day. Thanks a lot Mike. :)~ I’ll continue on the next blog. ;)

4. asianotter on December 1, 2008 at 5:25 pm

Thanks for that . . . I really needed a laugh today! Back in the day I didn’t much care for the song and I really didn’t pay any attention to the lyrics cause if I did I would’ve been like WTF? And the gold lame’ . . . NO! Hilarious! Thanks, again!

5. Svetik on December 1, 2008 at 10:49 am

Im sorry mrShinoda..I will never do this again…:'((

PS: great song!!))

6. DaniShinoda on November 30, 2008 at 7:21 pm

I think the song is great. The parts ‘sisters and brothers should help each other’ and that witch says we that can’t judge by the first time make my mind. Nowadays, I think some music that’s in the billboard every week, for exemple, can be lost faster for the time, cause they don’t make the minf of people, they dont want to pass any message.

Its really funny the content of this link, I can say that I learnd math HA. Also, congratulations for your work about the LPU 8 album. Its very special and hilarious! We all miss you, come from Brazil.

Love,

7. LenneAB on November 30, 2008 at 2:57 pm

I nearly forgot, this song ever existed. LOL Thanks, for reminding me.
    But, i just rembered a far more worse song. You should check out EAST 17’s “deep”. That’s so rad…

8. Brunox13 on November 30, 2008 at 1:57 pm

LOL—I’ve just seen the music video, it’s hilarious…!xD That couple doesn’t even look like intending such complicated thought like in that rhyme picked by you, Mike…anyway, have you seen the movie “Music and Lyrics”? It reminds me of that strongly…:)
    Here is a music video from that film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0A7dtdc-nU …to get an idea of what I mean…

9. Madlen on November 30, 2008 at 1:38 pm

What about some Everlast lyrics?:DI really love those:

10. linkinladie328 on November 30, 2008 at 12:36 pm

dude, i immediately wrote that line down as i was reading the lyrics. those six lines you got there did throw me off a lot. i should actually listen to it first. hold up……okay.
    wow. ummm…music video is uh…interesting. the song though, just seems like it was made for fun. i dunno. just simply for pleasure and dancing for the listeners. you know? i get that kind of vibe especially in the last lines that threw me off at first. their just for “fun”. like “doo ah diddy diddy dum diddy doo” in that one song. or “biddy biddy bom bom” LoL. that’s how i see it.

11. _Bianca_ on November 30, 2008 at 12:16 pm

I love the irony of you posting a ‘Lyrics in Print’ entry and people loving it right after yesterday’s craziness and what it was/is about xD
    There is no logic problem, as long as you keep in mind that the look of LOVE and not the look of the lover is to be judged ;) …yeah, I love the song no matter how insane it is, can’t help it :P

Like many others, I put down what I think about LPU8: http://usernamemybutt.livejournal.com/ and I’d appreciate if you read it because it took me a while to write it. With ‘you’ I mean everyone, not just Mike ;)
    …And I just wait for all of this to turn out to be fake xD

12. skindesbous on November 30, 2008 at 11:45 am

When I opened the link of “logic problem” I couldn’t stop laughing xDDD ” If you judge Hybrid Theory by the cover, then you’d judge the draw by the band” …better? xD

13. ZU13KA on November 30, 2008 at 11:14 am

Am I the only person who thinks of Bruce Willis with a shotgun when they hear the words yipee ai yay? (Well he more like yipee kai yay but c the similarity?) lmao those are some strange lyrics, as for the link i felt as if i was back in computer class learnin boolean algebra hahahaha. anywho just got r2r an i gotta say abso fuckin lutely mind blowing. u guys rock n yay 2 d xtras whooo hooo

14. Parth on November 30, 2008 at 11:02 am

hey mike, i’ve got a request for you. in your art section, could you upload all of the other LP artwork, especially the reanimation stuff? i used to enjoy drawing your stuff a lot like two years ago, and i’m picking it up again. i’d love to do one of the reanimation pieces, but i can’t find any full pieces on the internet, i’m just copying off of my reanimation booklet.

thanks!

and here’s a sample of my work:

647992455/n64799245516803568619.jpg

(unless i type it in two lines, it’ll cut off the link won’t work, haha)

15. Jade on November 30, 2008 at 8:55 am

“If you judge a book by the cover, Then you’d judge the look by the lover”
    I also liked this part: D
    And frankly I do not understand what right the rest of the music mean KSOPAKSPOSKSOPS
    But it is not difficult to compose a music? I know you can not please everyone but how do you know that this music will match the tastes of people who will hear it? Do you have a tracking for example, a music producer to help it? I honestly do not understand very well.rs. :)

16. Deseo_Sangre on November 30, 2008 at 8:35 am

Wow, that was very weird O_o

I’ve recently heard a song by Rise Against, it’s called “To Them These Streets Belong”, at first you think like, “Alright, nice song” But when I read the lyrics, it said like “My hands are soaking with the blood of angels”
    I was thinking like WTF!

Graz,
    Deseo sangre

17. MarishkaLP on November 30, 2008 at 8:08 am

i’ve got something to say, Mike. i wish you could read it ( http://forums.lpunderground.com/showthread.php?p=10489177&posted=1#post10489177 ) sorry for the off-topic, but it sounds more serious now

18. SimplyMode on November 30, 2008 at 6:41 am

haha! Sometimes you just gotta forgive.

“If you judge a book by the cover, Then you’d judge the look by the lover” I tried to make that make sense but of course i failed.

another song thats utterly stupid in lyrical content is “umbrella” by Rihanna. I mean if you really read the lyrics some of the stuff she’s taking about is bit well…ridiculous

Moving on I just wanted to say I feel really bad that you guys are getting a lot of heat for the new LPU cd. I think it’s amazing (yes i’ve heard it because nowadays everything get leaked, but I will buy the package [: ) It’s obvious it’s meant to be a joke but I guess some people have a hard time accepting that. Just know I love it

19. ThaPark on November 30, 2008 at 6:14 am

hm, so…sorry mike for my last coment that wasn’t for the post. i won’t do this anymore, i didn’t know that you got so angry. :)
    but, how are you today mike? i wish you’re well. hm, about the lyrics…yeah… that’s a really werid song, but at the same tima it’s kind of funny too.. haha :D

love you mike, see ya!

20. liope on November 30, 2008 at 6:09 am

Well, he has a point!! Hey it’s cool posting all those funny lyrics but why you don’t post and some lyrics that have a deeper meaning!! For example Youth Of The Nation from P.O.D.?? I think this song has really great lyrics and it always socks me when i listen to it!! :)

21. Mafiosa on November 30, 2008 at 5:43 am

Michael, i’m sorry for this comentt but i come here for one thing!
    Show you this video

Kisses to u!
    love u and LP!

22. Kalini on November 30, 2008 at 3:47 am

Yeah, exactly. The cover is just a cover. Sometimes the fynny lyrics have a deeper meaning. I’ve just watched Las Ketchup’s Asereje, which has a sample of Sugarhill Gang’s Raper’s delight, and remembered that the chorus of the song doesn’t mean anything. The girls of Las Ketchup don’t speak English and the lyrics of Raper’s delight are replaced by “Aserejé, ja deje dejebe tudejebe de sebiunouva majabi an de bugui an de buididipí”. Here is a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFzyYYZsxGc. Krassie

23. zahra on November 30, 2008 at 3:21 am

WEIRD SONG!!!!!!!….mike i don’t really know how to use the LPMB and i dont know anyone to ask from to show me how to use it….no one around me even has a LPN sooo i really don’t have any other choice !!! but i mostly just reply the blog …!!!!i’m sorry if I’m bugging u!

24. undercovershinoda on November 30, 2008 at 3:07 am

Those lyrics are weird, but man… have you seen these crazy lyrics? “I’ve been takin into crates ever since I was livin in space/before the rat race, before monkeys had human traits/mastered numerology and big-bang theology/performed lobotomies with telekinetic psychology”. Weird lyrics, huh? ;] I’m kidding.

Who the hell thinks “hip hip hooray-ay, yipee ai yipee ai yay” makes for a good lyric? And… “judge the look by the lover”… I can think of weirder lyrics though.

http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/youmeatsix/jealousmindsthinkalike.html – YouMeAtSix, “Jealous Minds Think Alike”. Personally I like this song, but the lyrics are kind of odd when you think about them.

25. prisca on November 30, 2008 at 2:29 am

XD
    i am actually from bavaria in Germany (here everybody is used to lederhosen and stuff like that) but to see lederhosen and alphorns in a video …. Strange!
    but somehow i like the lyric… somehow
    and your link to Appetizers and Lessons for Mathematics and Reason was really helpful ^^

26. LPmAgaS on November 30, 2008 at 1:07 am

Yeah , you are right.This is not a message board. That’s song is pretty cool!!! Ana your favorite part: “If you judge a book by the cover , then you’d judge the look by the lover.”IT’S GREAT!!!!!!!

27. Gabry94LinkinParkfan23 on November 30, 2008 at 12:40 am

i agree Mike, its not a message board. :) really cool song, ive never heard it nd that sounds very cool. nd ur fav. part is great too xD “hip hop hooray nd yippee ai yippee ai yay” O_O LOL. so funny xD. thanks, Mike. Gabry x

28. Lvix on November 30, 2008 at 12:33 am

Mike, if we may only post comments about the topic…
    How we can ask questions to you what is going about something else?

29. MS_Ineedyou on November 29, 2008 at 11:31 pm

“If you judge a book by the cover, then you judge the look by the lover” Really ? That means that if a book looks good or stupid, it might be the opposite . So if the “lover” looks like a SLUT, she might be one(or not, but she probably will be) :) There is your explanation of the lyric Mike . Do with it what you will .

—Brooke . :)

30. Lupi on November 29, 2008 at 10:53 pm

Hey Mike, a little bit off topic here. I’d really appreciate if you take the time to read this: http://lupilups.livejournal.com/48793.html

EVERYONE is invited to go, read and comment, even if you’re not an LJ user. You can comment as ”annonymous”. It’d be great to get some people to talk about it.

Posted there because is a bit long :)

Thank you.

Lupi

31. Randomdudeof2010 on November 29, 2008 at 10:15 pm

Ha Mike those lyrics in print sections are awesome! But yo I know this doesn’t have anything to do with this blog post, but I just had to say it. I would like to apologize for my behavior on yesterday’s post. I made a big deal about something totally unrelated to the post and even though it was my opinion I feel bad about it. Sure, a lot of people did the same thing, but that doesn’t make it right. Again Mike my sincere apologies, and keep doing what you’re doing..

32. Aditya_the_warrior_within on November 29, 2008 at 10:04 pm

nice song :) thanks for posting this !

33. ThePrincess on November 29, 2008 at 9:59 pm

Thank you mike for posting this lyric..you never knew this was is helping me recovered from my pain..and my favorite part is “Your reason for livings your reason for leaving “ .. so think now I’m ready to move on…thank you again..happy Thanksgiving and my best wishes for you and people you love ones…GODBLESS YOU..

34. ritzifying on November 29, 2008 at 8:45 pm

Logic problem? I’d like to know how many people actually read that page the whole way through. Come to think of it, I do need to polish up on my pythagorean theorems so thanks for the link. pfft :p

35. Zach on November 29, 2008 at 7:03 pm

Do you like my lyrics Mike!?!? This is a verse

Wake up again
    Same thing and nothing has changed
    Trying to do something about it
    But there’s never enough time
    Stuck here hollow and alone
    The only way out is to make the path yourself
    But you’re so trapped inside what everyone says
    That that seems impossible
    One day we’re going to get out of here
    And one day everything will be what we’ve dreamed of all along

36. Metal_Value on November 29, 2008 at 7:01 pm

“If you judge a book by the cover, Then you’d judge the look by the lover”

Maybe it means that when you judge a book by it’s cover, in the instance of looking at someone and judging them just by how they look, since you do that you would maybe look at your “lover” and when they look at you you would possibly think they are judging you by how you look at that point? Or how your relationship looks at that point? Just because you do it, so since you do it you’re wondering if your lover’s doing it to you, judging you by your cover.. Maybe xD

26 Lettaz. Peace man.

37. kimCHEE on November 29, 2008 at 6:58 pm

okay…. i cant seem to really understand wtf this guy’s lyrics are about. but i think its kinda retarded. its either i’m retarded or the lyrics itself are retarded cos i cant seem to get it. and everything sounds cheesy and or corny. and wassup with “Me I go from one extreme to another” and the song keeps repeating “look of love” _ weird………..

38. pd2care on November 29, 2008 at 6:53 pm

I’ve been out of school WAY too long to not go cross eyed at that link up there.
    That song confuses me even more.

39. Steph on November 29, 2008 at 4:36 pm

The song is ridiculous, but I can see how “If you judge a book by its cover, Then you’d judge the look by the lover” makes sense in the context of the song. I think when you know your significant other very well, you know how they look when they are truly happy and love you. After someone has said they love you, you see the way they look at you as a look of love and you come to know that look. When they don’t look at you that way anymore, you know they aren’t in love because they don’t display the look at you anymore. When my boyfriend told me he didn’t know if he really loved me or if he really wanted to be with me, the way he smiled at me started to seem fake and no longer genuine.

40. Dori on November 29, 2008 at 3:46 pm

ABC was a group of teens, right?! My point exactly! lol Sorry, that was harsh… New Edition was an awesome teen group from the 80’s….

41. Aqua101 on November 29, 2008 at 3:21 pm

1) Agreed w/ u Mike. This is comment section, NOT Message Board.2) Ha-Ha-Ha…Mike is confused? :D Logic Problem? Just like solving math examination..(ooh, I hate school). OK, seriously…it is nice & simple lyric, and indeed nice song. The bottom meaning is “still you can’t find true love”, the look of love is a pure love which does not exist easily. Be found by your luck (be lucky in love). Most lover judge love by its look, but pure love is not, darling. Still confused?….Well……can’t help you more. :D 3) Last, I ABSOLUTELY AGREED w/ By_Bianca’s Comment above. Screw u people who don’t understand what “real” fun music is all about. And Mike, take it easy, buddy.

42. Vican on November 29, 2008 at 2:49 pm

I wish my name was Bubbles too.

Best LPU CD ever… Thank you :)

43. NoMoreSorrowGirl on November 29, 2008 at 2:09 pm

Hahaha!Very funny Mike!…”If you judge a book by the cover, Then you’d judge the look by the lover”..this is my fav. part too…hahaha!awesome lines though…i miss those algebra and grammar way back in high school…it makes me fall asleep on class…hahaha!Logic problem!?Take Care…

44. tristyn on November 29, 2008 at 1:13 pm

hey mike what’s up

lmao. rhyming is fun, right?
    it’s this kind of stuff that makes kids go “wow. maybe i can make it big too!”
    haha

p.s. the lpu cd is just awesome. i was blasting some of the songs at an after thanksgiving party and all the kids were like “whoa. what’s that? that’s fucking insane!” all crowding around my car. so thanks for making me the coolest kid in school. LOL

that shits hilarious. keep up the awesomeness.

and dw bout the haters. ha they’ll be saying “make more of that kinda stuff!” in a few months xD

Stay Cool

— Tris

45. alex86 on November 29, 2008 at 12:52 pm

mike, i honestly think you should put in this section lyrics from LPU8

46. analoggirl on November 29, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Awww, I love this song. I’ve always sung along, thinking it was a profound examination of love. lol Mike, check out the video if you can; it’s more random than the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkwEK9AYQHg

47. outlawserenade on November 29, 2008 at 11:54 am

People make funny lines just to make it rhyme.

48. murry on November 29, 2008 at 11:37 am

I like the “Don’t ask me what it means,” part. I think that sums up the song. It’s like, “Think about it. I haven’t.”

49. eleni1997 on November 29, 2008 at 11:33 am

mike you hane right,his is not a message board…

…nice!…

50. cuz on November 29, 2008 at 11:32 am

That’s funny, I liked the “Hip hip hooray-ay / yippee ai yippee ai yay” verses a lot.

Sorry for the offtop, but the new LPU is just hillarious :DDD Hope you have some videos while recording this, would be amazing for LPTV :D Much love to you guys :)

51. Alexandra on November 29, 2008 at 11:17 am

hmm..can see good rhymes, but no meaning:D I hear tons of pointless music today, and that’s a shame…sometimes stupid lyrics make me smile though:D

52. ShadowerLiltani on November 29, 2008 at 11:14 am

Hey Mike, welcome to the internet. Yes, it’s your website, and you let people on this website, which means people will be people. By the way, you’re the one who at one point told us we could talk to each other on here. We have a thread at LPMB “Mike’s Blog Discussion”, so don’t worry, we listen. Edit: I know what you mean about the logic problem. Judging a book by the cover is very shallow, and it’s like the artist is saying, if your shallow then you must judge personality before looks. Which makes absolutely so sense.

53. Jaclyn on November 29, 2008 at 11:14 am

”If you judge a book by the cover, Then you’d judge the look by the lover” – my head started aching, i stumbled over it too coz i cant translate it .”Sisters and brothers Should help each other” – in the song about lovers it sounds like incest lol

54. Lynnie on November 29, 2008 at 11:03 am

‘This is not a message board’ ~Gigglesnort~ ILY for that! Lol.

I have stolen your ‘Lyrics In Print’ idea and posted my own on my blog… if you’ve never heard (or noticed the lyrics to) ‘Rock DJ’ by Robbie Williams, you need to find them!

Seriously: ‘Have a proper giggle, I’ll be quite polite, But when I rock the mic, I rock the mic, (Right)’

55. rockermeg on November 29, 2008 at 10:59 am

….well….
    heh thats original :p
    xxx
    EDIT – just got RtR and found the secret songs: im glad you put Petrified/Points of Authority on it,thanks

56. LP_Fan on November 29, 2008 at 10:52 am

haha, thats hillarious ^^
    I lisened to the song and I love this “yippee ai yippee ai yay” part
    btw, you should check out the lyrics of scooters “the question is what is the question” -> the name says everything
    I went with my friend to a party and when I heard it the first time I was like wtf is he singing, and a few day later I saw on TV, that this song was at the top of the charts since weeks, thats so ridiculous,…

57. lynndarwinharris on November 29, 2008 at 10:31 am

You know, back then it may have made since, but now I’m like– what? The song is good to listen to. Have you seen the video, scary, cool in the 80’s, but scary now! I love the 80’s music and have a lot of that stuff still around and I still listen to it at times, but I look back and think omg!

58. miKer0cks on November 29, 2008 at 10:31 am

I just love your ”Lyrics In Print” posts…so awesome…Thx Mike :) ”If you judge a book by the cover, Then you’d judge the look by the lover” LOL!!! XD

59. Girl_X on November 29, 2008 at 10:15 am

I know the song, I think it is on one of my “Kuschelrock CDs” (Snuggle Rock CDs) that I bought when I was a Teenager!

By the way, Look!

Shave!

And look like a Teenager again!

60. missdunno on November 29, 2008 at 10:10 am

I might be my favorite “lyrics in print” song! It’s really funny… “Sisters and brothers Should help each other Oh, oh, oh”, that’s priceless and so pathetic at the same time.

61. Carla on November 29, 2008 at 9:46 am

Am I the only one who also finds the video of this song really strange? (and I guess funny at the same time?) Yay for mathematical logic reference and I have to say that I can’t make much sense out of the song, in general. The “Heavens above / hip hip hooray-ay / yippee ai yippee ai yay” probably has to be my favorite part, mainly because of how it is sung and it’s just so random.

But yeah, I have to apologize for getting off topic in my comment yesterday. You really didn’t deserve all the hate yesterday!

62. TaylorKenjiLP on November 29, 2008 at 9:41 am

i like the hip hip hooray-ay, yippee ai yippee ai yay part. ha, those lyrics are deep mike, if only you guys could right like that. you should throw a hip hip hooray in your new album somewhere, just for me =] and logic problems? yeah that hurt my head a little bit, thanks for that =]

63. pepper on November 29, 2008 at 9:40 am

I agree with mike, keep the posts on topic, all the downage on the last post was uncalled for.

As for the song, one word: crack-cocaine. (which is two words despite my hyphen)

64. Chemist999 on November 29, 2008 at 9:35 am

So that would mean the love is as good as the lover, but he forms only one half of the couple. I like the part “I say maybe, there must be a solution, To the one thing, the one thing, we cant find.” Because if you associate “we can’t find” with “there must be a solution,” it’s alright. But if you associate it with “to the one thing,” you create a paradox, because you can’t even start looking for solution of some thing that does not necessarily have to exist. And though you may be trying to find it, you can’t have any idea if it’s complicated or not. And maybe these thoughts are result of the fact that I’m not native English speaker and can’t put my finger on the preciseness of your syntax :)

65. ManBearPig on November 29, 2008 at 9:32 am

Kids, this song is the product of consuming too much crack. Just say no.

Or keep it up, since it’s fucking hilarious.

66. HMF on November 29, 2008 at 9:27 am

Nice post Mike!! Keep up the good work!! I want the CD so badly!! It looks and sounds awesome!!

67. Frerard on November 29, 2008 at 9:21 am

do you judge a book or look? haha

btw, Fergalicious still wins than 26 Lettaz, kthnx.