Promote Yourself, Part 2!!!

February 22, 2009

I know a lot of you have been anxiously awaiting the follow-up to the “Promote Yourself post.” I want to begin by saying how impressed I was by the incredible amount of quality and variety of the stuff submitted. Truly incredible. Since almost all of the submissions were independent or unsigned, it further solidifies my belief that you guys are capable of making amazing music that sounds just as good as anything put out on a major label.

Many different genres and countries (including Australia, Chile, France, Russia, Canada, Romania, Estonia, Poland, Germany, and others) were represented. I asked the non-music-makers out there to please hold off on making comments (which some of you did, ha)…now, I’m opening it up to everyone to speak their mind. My team helped me put all of your posts up on the following site, where EVERYONE CAN NOW VOTE ON THEIR FAVORITES. There’s no prize except knowing how you’re doing, so there is no point cheating the votes. Just place a vote for the bands you like best, and let them know they’re doing something right. Go here:

ALSO, If you didn’t post about your music the first time, but you still want to, I’ll continue to look, so post at the link above You have to sign in if you want to vote or post, but I think it’s worth it.

In the next few weeks, I’ll be highlighting some of the bands I liked. I’m not picking these based on votes or recommendations. These were simply some things that caught my ear. Let’s begin.

image

SELA – Great hip hop, and variety from track to track…check out “Pump Yo Fist” and “Out There.”

image

Chris Connor – beautiful soundscapes and guitar textures. I’d love to hear some songs with vocals, but at the very least, this music sounds great so far.

image

Panik Music – Killer rap-rock from Germany: Check out “Was Wuerdest Du Tun.” I don’t know what they’re saying, but the overall vibe is pretty solid.

1. Luna0701 on June 28, 2009 at 2:45 am

Hey!Panik is one of my favourite band and I’m glad they are winnining!Listen to them for more than 1,5 year-perfect music,clever lyrics and just nice guys.Hm))I practise in German translating their texts ^)So really nice.They are worth of attention!

2. paau on March 21, 2009 at 10:45 am

wow!!! Panik is a really talented band of all time. There music is amazing. Hope they make it big, and tour in california. I wish them the best of luck to those guys. I give my vote to Panik. I cant wait for their new album to come out. Their first album is really amazing. & this guys are so hooot🙂

3. Gehdara on March 15, 2009 at 3:17 pm

hi!
    Good choice! Panik are great!I don’t understand their lyrics but I do feel their music, somehow🙂 I heard their music first when they were called Nevada Tan, at least 2 or 3 years ago and really liked what I heard, I know it doesn’t sound that cool but thank god for MTV Germany😀

ps- Timo is right, you should listen to their songs, they are probably great😀

4. hachy13 on February 28, 2009 at 4:46 am

I hear Panic and i love the music WOW.. is cool

5. GemzVon on February 27, 2009 at 4:47 am

nuff said check it out remixes and original beats.

add me on myspace if you like what you hear.

6. Marie14 on February 25, 2009 at 1:06 pm

I know about panik too…they are really cool…their first album ” niemand hört dich” when the where called Nevada Tan was great!Yes, I think they sounds a little bit like LP…
    Greetings from germany
    Marie

7. shiny on February 25, 2009 at 9:34 am

Hey Mike, I’ve already heard about Panik before, I liked this band very much when I checked out their music for the first time. They immediately reminded me of LP, lol! I think they’re talented. They’re not well known here in Italy, but I sometimes hear about Panik. I remember they had a different name before. Unluckily I’m too lazy to check the meaning of the lyrics ehehe. Cheers, Sara.

8. MrSunshine on February 24, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Hey Mike,
    wow, we truly feel honored to be amongst these bands on your startpage. Thanks alot, we really appreciate that!
    As we hold your opinion in high regard, we’d like to show you a few new songs that we’re gonna release in some time. We’d be delighted if you’d be up for that and have the time to do so.
    If you’re interested, just drop us a line on myspace or as an email.
    Thanks alot for everything,
    Cheers and rock on,
    Timo

9. sasummsumm on February 24, 2009 at 12:24 pm

hey mike,panik is cool. the lyrics are very dope😀. “was würdest du tun” is about the question what you would do different in your life if you had the chance.
    the lyrics of the song “wegweiser” you would like very much mike. it is all about your glorious excess idea. it is about what a label pushes you to do, about the drugs, all the shit in music business, the bad side of it, people only seeing the rich and rapper boy not the human behind.
    really dope lyrics, i was surprised that a german band can make such good ones oO ^^ good choice mike. a very bright light in the sky of all the sex drugs girls rappers here

10. sillykrab on February 23, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Okay, I was pushed over here to give my votes for Panik. I’ve been into them since the end of last year, and have not gotten sick of them. I usually go on album binges until I do, but their sound is amazing. And I can’t understand a word they’re saying either. You can find the lyrics here (http://www.universalpanik.com/frontend/), the only English-based fansite that I know of, they should be in the wiki page. The boys of this band are so individually characterized, they make it hard to choose a favorite.

I’m also quite excited about their new album coming out in a few months. I believe there was an interview with Linke about how the sound will be even more of themselves. Good choice!

11. zahra on February 23, 2009 at 8:53 pm

http://www.mikeshinoda.com/comments/ResponsesToFans-ArtILike/newbrowdocumentary#comment-panel…………………..&……………. http://www.mikeshinoda.com/comments/ResponsesToFans-RecommendedMusic/promoteyourself-2?comment_page=4#comments
    PLS PLS PLS LOOK AT MY COMMENTS!!!!!!…..I JUST NEED AN ADVISE!pls pls pls

12. Maaark on February 23, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Well Sela is not my favorite kind of music but they’re really talented! Panik Music is pretty good even I can’t understand them… My favorite one is Chris Connor, I like his music and like you Mike, I’d love to hear some songs with vocals too!

Well lemme vote now!

13. lpstaind1226 on February 23, 2009 at 7:24 pm

hey mike! so, you said we could promote a band we like, so here we go. i know of a band called “left to tell” – they are wicked good! the singer is absolutely amazing. their myspace is http://www.myspace.com/lefttotell so you should check it out!

14. crystalrussianla on February 23, 2009 at 5:57 pm

15. Jaclyn on February 23, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Hey! I’m too very very impressed by the quality and variety of music that appears here, most of the bands are really cool and deserves listening to, but for some of them i need special mood. Well Panik is fine, Sela didn’t catch my ears, i think these guys are much better -> http://www.myspace.com/thisthelostcause .

When I heard Razor Red Noise for the first time, I was just shocked, like this O_O. Alex, you won my heart❤ hugs

16. soyuneik on February 23, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Ah, I just wanted to Thank You, I really appreciate what you do for us. I found it difficult to correctly gauge where I stand. Sort of the same place I was when I entered my information. If this were a contest between other underground producers, maybe I would have done better. ..and I wonder if it even matters who listens to what? Or what ratio voted based on someone else.I wonder if I can take this as a real world scenario? I went into this knowing I’d have to work 10 times harder. But now I’m thinking it has to be 50 times. lol I’m like the underdog, under the dog.

17. MusicalRehab on February 23, 2009 at 1:07 pm

Hey Mike I had a question about Promote Yourself, I was wondering if it was alright with you if I wrote to one of your instrumentals from Fort Minor or Linkin Park? or would that cause some problems? Since I am doing this for the love of music and to better myself as an MC and not for some kind of publicity, I was just trying to make sure. Please let me know bro if you could, my emails are ryo22237@yahoo.com or musicalrehab@yahoo.com

18. Yahali on February 23, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Hey Mike. Please check it out: http://www.myspace.com/hadashot

Yeah, Hebrew, But I guess it doesn’t matter🙂

19. janaLP on February 23, 2009 at 12:06 pm

I like “Panik” too, I’m not a fan of them, but their music is really cool and of cours it is in german, so I can understand it better, because I come from Germany xD.
    I know that you can say “Deutschland”, but do you can say some other words in german??? ^^
    have a nice day Mike bye

20. Curiosa on February 23, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Unfortunately I haven’t had time to listen to everyone, my sis took over my comp this weekend. It’s always great listening to new artists.🙂

Mike, will SOB be on the next Transformers movie sound track like they were last time? I think it would be great if they were even though they’re no longer w/WB. I was wondering cause I just saw the Stingray which Sideswipe will b modeled after & its awesome! Love the color. Thanks Mike.🙂

& check out this 6 wheel car. Very surreal!

21. DrBiggy on February 23, 2009 at 11:49 am

here’s the lyrics to “was wurdest du tun” so you know what the song is about😉

I uploaded a txt file, because of the character limit in here

22. Kalini on February 23, 2009 at 11:42 am

I’d like to congratulate everyone who came here and posted a link to their music! Keep on making good music! I wish to all of you to become stars in your countries and even abroad. I need time to listen to at least one song of each artist in order to choose one and to vote. I think “Was Wurdest Du Tun” could be translated “What Would You Do”. I’ve listened a lot to German rap. If Panik Music is influenced by LP, that would be very interesting. KK

23. red_soldier on February 23, 2009 at 11:40 am

Hey Mike!..you chose a really good band which is called Panik. They really sound like you, this band is going to be better if they continue to be influenced by you🙂.. here is the link for the translation of the song to english for you, Mike🙂

24. EpilepticChickenScratch on February 23, 2009 at 11:15 am

Chris Connor = amazing incredible awesome WORDS CAN’T EXPLAIN, OKAY?!

So, I was having this conversation with my friend. You’ve posted a lot of things about what music you’re listening to at the moment and whatnot. We were wondering if there was any chance you could give us an overview of what’s on your iPod, iPhone, MP3 Player, or what have you. Maybe just the artists, because songs would take hours, haha. Thanks! =)

25. lucky_cat on February 23, 2009 at 9:46 am

Again, you did a great job here arranging that for us. You made it, I’ve been keeping myself busy with your blog for hours🙂 and it has broadened my horizon in more than one way. Thank you very much to everyone who gave us the chance to listen.

26. Gabry94LinkinParkfan23 on February 23, 2009 at 8:46 am

heyy Mike🙂 thats cool ^^ i knew Panik coz they r quite popular here in italy🙂 i thought its beautiful that there r lots of band all around the world, really its amazing :):) ooh n “(which some of you did, ha)” soudned so funny XDXD take care n have a great day🙂 Gabry

27. Anika on February 23, 2009 at 8:17 am

hey mike,
    i noticed a song called “irgendwas bleibt” its german and means Something stays…or sth like that^^ anyway, the video and the song makes me remember shadow of the day… its a pretty nice song. =]
    if you want to take a look:

Greetings, Anika

28. elyx on February 23, 2009 at 8:11 am

panik are quite famous here in italy!
    yes… they sounds good, but for me they try to copy lp!😄
    but…. lp are always the best!!! =D
    kiss!

29. linkinladie328 on February 23, 2009 at 7:25 am

cool. thanks mike!

:]

30. MrSAI on February 23, 2009 at 7:03 am

Maybe I’m a little cynical, but I get the impression most people who visit that page only go there to “vote” and don’t actually check any of the artists out (except maybe Panik). I’ve personally visited all of them, some of which I’m very impressed with (Razor Red Noise, Panik, Chris Connor). My opinion is enforced by checking the referring domains to our band’s site (which is in the top 5 currently) and not one person found our site via uservoice.com. I’d like to reiterate that I’m merely pointing this out as an observation.

31. YuN_RoCks on February 23, 2009 at 6:29 am

I don’t know what your point in all this is, if just promoting these artists, or give them a chance to win something or whatever, but I really have to say that you’re great Mike. this opportunity you’re giving all these guys, musicians, artists, is super cool.
    it took me almost all day to listen up to every link, but I did it and now I’m voting! again, you’re great❤ and good luck to everyone, great job!

32. Jam21m on February 23, 2009 at 5:23 am

Considering the guy from Razor Red Noise is still young, I think that the music he makes is cool. Everyone should check out “leaving home” on his youtube page. That song does him so much justice.

33. Yuvi on February 23, 2009 at 5:09 am

I haven’t heard of Sela yet, but Chris Connor I’ve heard of and Panik I am very familliar with. Actually if you are interested in the lyrics of Panik you can go to http://www.universalpanik.com. You can find the translation of their lyrics in the Wiki page. Was Wuerdest Du Tun is a fantastic song and I think you’d like the lyrics very much. I have been a fan of Panik since June 2007. They’ve changed their name from “Nevada Tan” due to some problem with their reps, but you can read about that in Universal Panik. They are about to release an album in April and I am definitely looking forward to that. I hope you check them out😉

~Yuvi

34. leticia on February 23, 2009 at 5:01 am

Hi Mike, Hi Guys!

I was impressed with the amount of different countries are the bands! This is great to know a sound legal for a person with a reality of its wholly difernete across the planet. It is legal to find similarities in the sounds, see sentimenos that are really universal and can join in! Very cool, I know these bands love it!

Hug – Letícia – Brazil

35. KOBSHI on February 23, 2009 at 4:59 am

Oh,here’s post for me to voice out my feeling in the end! First,I wanna say BIG thanks to you Mike for opening PROMOTE YOURSELF post,so I got chance to haer those fantastic music. And I wanna say GREAT thanks to those guys who sharing cool music with us, it was incredible that so many people pursue music and make them out, I love them so much. Let Go from Re-Defenition,Living Like This from Razor Red Noise,You Know from Jangle,The Exit and Tomorrow from SHIFTY PLAY,Hope For A.M.,and PANIK, all of them are my favor! By the way,to be honest,it’s pretty tired for me to haer all music,but I don’t want to miss anyone,so I will try my best,and I will vote for them to show my thoughts.Thanks again.

36. Aditya_the_warrior_within on February 23, 2009 at 4:08 am

good one !

37. RedD_aka_Fluke on February 23, 2009 at 3:44 am

It was so unexpectedly to see Pan!k in your post, Mike!🙂 Me and my friend are fans of these guys, you know, and it’s nice to hear that you like Pan!k.

38. DinaraLP on February 23, 2009 at 3:30 am

I know about band Panik. They were named “Nevada Tan” earlier. I noiced that their music, style ane even a duties of men in the band like LP! Don’t you notice? Six men, DJ, MC….they are somebody who tryna be like my favourite band:):)

39. Blaesbjerg on February 23, 2009 at 3:29 am

Keinemusik isn’t just a record label. At least not in the sense of how a record label is supposed to be. It’s none of those administration apparatus that a producer would put his track into and that would shit out a vinyl record in the end. Keinemusik is a label-, booking- and partynetwork. But above all, Keinemusik is the spirit that moves the collective behind the imprint.If there’s a credo, it would be: you don’t necessarily need to be overly serious to be taken seriously. Welcome to the party, brothers and sisters

Well I don’t know if this is just promotion, but it sounds pretty different. Do you know of that kind of record label?

40. linkinparc on February 23, 2009 at 2:10 am

hey mike!

Panik! (formally known as Nevada Tan) is really famous in Germany, France and Italy! Im from germany and I lived the big hype around them and when I was in france for holiday they were everywhere. SO why do they need to be promoted?

I like them, because for me there a bit similar to your (LP) music and its in my language, and they have really good lyrics. They are mostly representing the german youth. (you should read the lyrics:

[REVOLUTION] http://www.lyrics007.com/Nevada%20Tan%20Lyrics/Revolution%20(English)%20Lyrics.html

[Vorbei] http://www.lyrics007.com/Nevada%20Tan%20Lyrics/Vorbei%20(English)%20Lyrics.html

41. Lobby on February 23, 2009 at 1:10 am

I think you should keep an eye on Razor Red Noise aka GigaScythe. That guy has some freaking talent.

42. ThePrincess on February 23, 2009 at 12:52 am

Chris Connor is AWESOME I’m totally chose him.. and SELA of course (oh … I give a few comments about them ) I think Chris Connor is a bright ,talented, sensitive and SEXY young musician🙂 .. I mean listen to his song entitled ‘A STAR LOST TO THE OCEAN ‘ .. with a strong melody but still give a little sense of sweetness and beauty .. very touching .. woow i just love him .. I think i’m his BIGGEST FANS now ..

43. sassi_lp on February 23, 2009 at 12:27 am

hey Mike, I’m a singer/pianist/composer/trumpeter(shout out to Brad!) and am about to record acouple of songs that I wrote lately in a month or so, can I still put them up on the site once they’re done? Or would that be too late? thank you for signing my Starbucks muck in Berlin last summer btw! X, Saskia

44. samira on February 22, 2009 at 11:52 pm

You want to produce a group.You make vote your fans of your blog who are the majority TEENAGERS. It’s completely normal who choose panic. panic is group for teenagers. I choose SELA because I never had EARS CANDY, this group will touch everyone you should produce them. Réfléchissez bien Mrs SHINODA

45. pianolp325 on February 22, 2009 at 11:03 pm

hey Mike. whats up everyone. Mike thank you so much for pointing out SELA in your blog. we are truly grateful that you have given us such exposure and for me personally Im at a lost for words cuz Mike you’re the reason i got into music in the first place. so thank you. Everyone else thank you for checking out Sela, please add us as a friend, tell people, and come back again because we are working on new music and will have some new stuff in the upcoming weeks and months. thanks!!

Josh

46. Lich_Ma_Art on February 22, 2009 at 10:36 pm

Wow, only real suck need help. Yes, in offensive way.

47. spraypaintNinkpens on February 22, 2009 at 10:22 pm

Off topic but mike why don’t you bring back fort minor? LP is so mainstream pop now. I know that sells but I think you’re missing out on creating really inspiring deep lyrics that you did back in Fort Minor. Most LP/FM fans miss your rapping. It’s unfortunate that you’re not utilizing all of your skill sets in LP now a days.

48. GHOST_RHYME on February 22, 2009 at 8:18 pm

Well, seriously, what are you TRYING to do ? I just have no idea.

49. Fanlinkinpark02 on February 22, 2009 at 7:01 pm

I don’t like PANIK >.< they said that they created a new sound, they do not the same sound that LP (I personally think they do it) and the german language…:/

Chris Connor make a good sound, I like track without voice just hear intrusments

50. coopersnow on February 22, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Hey Mike, sorry if this is off topic but I don’t know where else to message you, do you think you could put up something like this for visual art stuff later on?

51. cuz on February 22, 2009 at 3:51 pm

Mike, you’re doing a great job! I enjoy listening to the artists, there’s so much fresh, great tracks. And I love how you help to other people! I registered and it’s absolutely worth it. I keep checking out the music. Thank you so much! Great you mentioned Poland.

52. NoMoreSorrowGirl on February 22, 2009 at 2:55 pm

They’re all pretty cool and sounds great!…love the Sela man…and the sound of Panik is just like Linkin Park…LOL…well, Mike you should invite those dudes on PROJEKT REVOLUTION ’09 that would be awesome…Linkin Park and the all the unsigned bands…THEIR FUTURE IS IN YOUR KEYBOARDS MIKE…LOL…MAKE IT HAPPEN!…MAKE THEIR DREAMS COME TRUE…Take care:))
    PS: Your team helping you!?…Are they Red Baron, Charlie Bravo, Mordechai, Secret Asian Man!?hahaha!…nice team up!

53. LPchaos06 on February 22, 2009 at 2:54 pm

hey, mike! i like that you mentioned Panik / Nevada Tan. i’m a fan of their music and i’m sure it’s because they remind me of LP. “vorbei” and “ein neuer tag” are my favorite songs.

54. panta_rhei on February 22, 2009 at 2:46 pm

what would you do?
    if god would end this life tomorrow, i would do everything i never did

what would you do?
    if your life forgot you?
    what would you do if the ending is tomorrow?
    if your life forgot you
    and no one missed you

i would throw away everything, i would run away and never come back
    everytime do i say ” i can do this later, i can have fun later”
    but think about it
    what would you do? if your life ended tomorrow?
    would we be proud on you or your life?
    would would you do? if your heart stopped beating in 24 hours. this would be your last day

i emerge from the sea and catch for breathe
    ‘Cause I see where I stand and where I have to go
    Back to myself

55. panta_rhei on February 22, 2009 at 2:43 pm

hey… panik (some years ago they were called nevada tan until their label kicked them out), said they are the “German Linkin Park” when they released their first single. strange that you do like them😉

here’re the lyrics in english (so that you finally understand, mike ;):

panik (panic) – was würdest du tun? (what would you do?)

i’m hunting since many years
    i’m searching for something I just can’t get every damn day
    i’m a light caught in the nothing
    i’m searching for luck in everyday life and if someone asked

56. keineAhnung on February 22, 2009 at 2:42 pm

I think it was the “promote yourself” post was an awesome idea!!! It’s great to get to know new bands! So far, I haven’t had time to listen to all of them yet, but I like most of what I’ve heard by now and there are definitely 2-3 bands whose album I would buy

57. lp_fm_fan on February 22, 2009 at 2:22 pm

I have to say since well…Panik has the most votes they were on top and I listened to them first and man, they’re pretty good. Even if I don’t understand German it sounds reallly good, I listen to music in other languages that I don’t understand like Japanese so yeah. Hope for A.M is good too. The first song on their myspace kinda reminds me of FOB…but it’s good so +1 to them, because I don’t like FOB, lol.

Sela sounds promising though! I like Out There by them.

Good music, great idea, Mike.

58. _MiHaRu_ on February 22, 2009 at 2:02 pm

wow Mike..you are such a good person!!you really listen to your fans!!great..thanks for being the person you are.. 🙂
    now..stop with compliments.. let me say that I was very much surprised to see Panik in your prefer-list!!I’m from Italy and there they are quite popular..some people say they are the german linkin park and when I first heard them I thought they actually were…however in my opinion they are quite good..and I’m happy you like them!!
    ps..any italian musician that caught your ear??ahahahahah no I don’t think so…
    bye bye _mara

59. tpbarbosa on February 22, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Thanks for the opportunity to know different and new bands, I liked the ones you pointed out, though I also didn’t know what Panik was saying on their songs (sorry). I haven’t yet put all of my things together but I do write music, so is there any chance that you can read some of mine? Or it’s just all about music as its whole concept? I’ve asked you once about it, but I think you didn’t read. I hope you can maybe link me some good sites to see if I’m doing it well or to fix what I’ve already done =] Thanks a lot.

60. Neffer on February 22, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Panik are so amazing! My first reaction was haha I knew a band before Mike did lol I’m glad you like them! Personally I think their band is doing pretty great, they have a lot of fans, as you can see from other posts already! I have been following them since they were called Nevada Tan! Oh and I believe the song is originally written “Was würdest du tun” It still means the same thing the way you wrote it. Anyways you’re really giving new musicians hope Mike, I would like to thank you for doing that, they deserve the encouragement!

61. Rade on February 22, 2009 at 1:05 pm

if you want to check out more about panik, look up with their former name ‘Nevada-Tan’ when they got famous. but they changed their name back to panik after the trouble with their label.
    goes out for the lp fans

62. ErbseLP on February 22, 2009 at 12:56 pm

lol killer rap-rock.😛
    “Was würdest du tun” with translation – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF5kMpnwDFg
    The first name of “Panik” was Nevada Tan and many people said, that they are how linkin park… (mtv, viva…)
    I don’t know whether I like them or hate should. oO
    I com from germany but i don’t really like german music….
    I like die Ärzte, die toten Hosen, Donots, Seeed, Peter Fox, H-Blockx, Silbermond, Fettes Brot, Wir sind Helden… (germany have so many great bands/groups/singers!)

But I’m glad that you have nothing of tokio hotel written. xD

(My english is so bad… Oo -.-)

63. epicsend on February 22, 2009 at 12:47 pm

hey mike thanks for this my band was Windmill-23 no vote yet but its not about that its about making the music

64. zhdanni on February 22, 2009 at 12:40 pm

hey, Mike)
    Panik is an amazing band, when I heard them for the first time (about 1,5 years ago) I thought “God, german Linkin Park?? HOW?? How could they do that? Such a sound??” I’ve been to their concert and I can say their live performance is wonderful too)
    Thanks, Mike, you are so great

65. Madlen on February 22, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Wow…great music…and btw i have the weirdest feeling that those guys Panik were famous like an year ago?And the funniest thing is that they were called the “german linkin park” in a magazine…:DAnyway i’m gonna go and vote:D

66. pepper on February 22, 2009 at 12:33 pm

bout to go listen to these guys, just wanted to say thanks Mike for listening to and caring about your fans so much! This is such a cool opportunity you give us and
    i bet all these guys are flippin out right now ’cause you’ve shown some interest in their music! I would be! But I gotta work a lot more on my stuff before I’m ready to post it for critique =)

67. prisca on February 22, 2009 at 12:28 pm

wow, i was quite suprised to see “panic” here. i’m from germany and i have heard a lot of them (a lil while ago, they’re music was played on german music tv channel the hole day and i would say many germans teens know them)
    thx for the new artists.

68. luciana on February 22, 2009 at 12:26 pm

well…in my opinion, Chris Connor is the best even if there’s no lyric…
    panik music….i didn’t understand a word from what have sung….although i liked the sound…
    sela…are nice but not formidably…

but…i’d like to listen the bad from romania…

69. Lynnie on February 22, 2009 at 12:13 pm

Sela: Cool, but not really my thing, so I’m going to refrain from really giving an opinion, to be fair.
    Chris Connor: Sounds okay, but would be easier to judge if we had lyrics. I am, however, rather interested in ‘Track 1 Preview’.
    Panik Music: Hard to completely judge, due my inability to understand German, but ‘Was Wuerdest Du Tun’ sounded rather promising.
    ~
    Apart from that, there’s little I can say, really.
    ~
    Have nice day, Mike.
    Lynnie
    xx

70. BlackChester on February 22, 2009 at 12:11 pm

hey mike,
    Panik are singing
    “what would you do, if tomorrow is the end?
    and your life forgets you?
    what would you do, if tomorrow is the end?
    and nobody misses you?
    what would you do, if tomorrow is the end?
    and your life forgets you?
    what would you do, if tomorrow is the end?
    and nobody misses you?”

that’s the refrain.. I hope this helps you to understand the song
    a little better ^^
    when you want a full translation feel free to ask..

and thanks for your advice😉 I already love Panik lol ^^
    but what’s bad so many people in germany say, they’re just
    a copy of you and Linkin Park.. I think, they’re inspired by your
    music but they’re not a clone..
    regards

71. eleni1997 on February 22, 2009 at 11:55 am

Very nice Mike🙂 Thanks for the post. I like the Sela more of them.

72. miKer0cks on February 22, 2009 at 11:43 am

Wow!!! You really do listen to your fans Mike…You proved it once again with this🙂 I couldn’t imagine someone else, some other band communicate with their fans so much😀 Thx for that Mike…it’s important to know that u make all this effort to listen to everyone🙂
    About the post, I also liked ”Sela” a lot and some other like ”Hope for A.M” Thx for giving us the opportunity to vote🙂 Have a great day Mikey🙂

PS. Check this out, I think it’s good for your ”Lost in Translation” photos🙂 http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk4/EvoOba_/122961602705266sign2.jpg

73. Diana_LP_adicted on February 22, 2009 at 11:42 am

IT’S NICE TO KNOW THAT YOU’R GIVING REALLY IMPORTANT ADVICES TO NEW BANDS !! thanks to you they can learn how to became a better band. MIKE IS THE MAN😛