Promote Yourself, Part 3

February 24, 2009

It wasn’t that long ago that I was in an unsigned band doing shows at bars.

Getting back “on-topic,” I want to keep encouraging you guys to check out the great music on http://mikeshinoda.uservoice.com/. A ton of votes have already been cast, so I’m excited to see that you guys are getting involved. I’m planning to regularly feature new artists here on mikeshinoda.com, so keep posting new music, and keep voting.

If you make music and you haven’t put your stuff up yet, get it together, and post it there (at the link above). I will continue to look at that page to see what’s new, and see how the voting is going. Make sure to tell your friends–link to mikeshinoda.com from your websites and encourage people to check it out and vote.

If you don’t have a band, keep listening and voting. These artists benefit from your feedback, and by getting involved, you’re helping them build a fanbase…besides, you’ll definitely get turned on to some incredible new music.

Shouts out to SELA, CHRIS CONNOR, and PANIK MUSIC for being the first “Featured Artists” here at mikeshinoda.com.

1. Mimz_LP on June 26, 2009 at 1:35 am

Mike I like your new single new divide ! Chester has amazing voice , but we want to hear you too! so please take part in the other song! hope you do that ! good luck ! we love you :*

2. LPmikeshinodaLP on April 12, 2009 at 9:28 am

Aww, you guys in 2000. Mike, you should return to your old style. I don’t mean the music, I mean the look:)
    Unless you like the new style, then that’s fine.

Mike, you looked awesome!

3. linkingal007 on March 7, 2009 at 3:27 am

Chester at the end of Papercut looks like he overdoes on ‘Fierce face 24hrs’ drug. LMAO, nah, the drug don’t exist, though. Hey, erm, check this two video out. The first one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CNgjf3AmqU Mike is in it. The second one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZDiJ1Zbx3c&feature=related Chester is in it. Guys, if you don’t like cocky people, don’t watch it. If only everyone think about their actions and their thinking. Oh the third one is irrelevant, check it out if you hate America cops and love skateboarding http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oBF8i9_QiE and anyone want to see the Muska incident? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPww2RXi1bM&NR=1

4. Nitinex on March 5, 2009 at 1:03 am

hii

5. italogirl on March 2, 2009 at 1:05 pm

hey mike.., it is funny to see old videos from you guys i mean 9 years ago is a long time.
    I think now after some years of expirement yourselfs you found who you are and what you like or?
    I’am searching for that but i think one day also i will find my way of being me…! Thanks for your great talent! Jen

6. Truculentangel on February 28, 2009 at 11:26 am

whoa,i didnt think anyone had any old LP videos frm when u guys were makin the secen…o yea,i kno this is off subject,bt Mike,i dnt kno if you heard da news,but their gonna TEAR DOWN The Texas Stadium in Irving,were u guys played back in 03′ for “Live in Texas” to make way for the new stadium in Arlington…kinda suckz b/c u guys only got to play there once an its getting blown to bitz…they hadnt set a date yet,but they said either in late 09′ or early 10′,you should take one last look at it before its gone,thier already auctioning off stuff frm the stadium…bt @ least i got da CD to say”Yea,Linkin Park did play here.”p3ace,take care Mike🙂

7. felipeintheend on February 27, 2009 at 1:42 pm

ohh.. Mason Jar 2000 video <3…we would love some proshot this year 2000😀

8. Alla_777 on February 27, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Mike,
    my bigest dream is to be involved into a live rock/metal music scene(work with musicians)but i live in Ukraine,that means i have no chances and opportunities to do something in this country.Please tell me what to do? How to make my dream come true??Music is all for me.Where to look for help?

9. uarpig on February 27, 2009 at 8:27 am

dear Mike..
    i love LP’s music so much! these old songs ar so great, looking forward to yr new album!
    Oh, Mike! day after tomorrow, i am goin to take an exam for entering the university..
    i am preparing for the exam at every moment…..! i need yr support so much!
    i am so nervous about it…
    anyway, i will try my best, hope one day i can also be a success person like LP!
    miss u , love u!

10. Noe_Kenji on February 27, 2009 at 2:51 am

Hey Mike, I would like to know how do you feel when you watch these old vids, vids of the beginig of the band? Does that make you smile? laught? How do you feel when you see your red hair and the way you move and how much crazy you become on the stage?( have to say that i love it! :D) Nowaday your are more serious and strict on stage… everytihng is figured rigorously. How do you feel whatching this and seeing what you have became today?Do you miss those times? or do you prefer the big fame? What did you feel on stage has been lost? its diferent? better?
    Thanks, respect!
    Noemi

11. ShadowerLiltani on February 26, 2009 at 10:44 pm

I need to remember to tell my brother about this. Normally I would be against fans sharing ideas with a celebrity, if you were a different kind of celebrity. Marc could use a role model right about now. I think ya’ll are about the same now as you were back then, as far as energy goes. You’ve grown a lot though, you’re sets have gotten so much bigger and more interesting. I wish I could’ve been there back then, to be able to say I was at LP’s “first” real live performance would be such a big deal in present day.

12. panta_rhei on February 26, 2009 at 3:41 pm

i think th best bands that compete here are DRYWALL THERAPY and FRANKEL AVENUE (don’t know hy they don’t receive any attention yet…) and i like my band’s stuff xD. keep on doing this mike, this is a great idea!

13. Fredolen on February 26, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Hi Mike..what a great site..thanks alot bro!!
    Please lemme know..how did you stereosize the tracks of “Fort Minor”-Remember The Name
    Just sounds awesome!!

Love your work of FM and LNP..all the best for you..Fred

14. RazToritsuki on February 26, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Yo Mike…
    Dis is my 1st commnt so apoligiez bu i will get ust 2 dis…
    OK 1stli: y da hell r ppl postin sum next stff on ur syt?… (i draw ur attention especiali 2 da 1 belo myn…)
    2ndli… Mr Shinoda…: u r faaaar 2 modest ^_^!! 1999 n 2000 was a veri lng tym ago my frend, u hav cum a veri lng way sins den bu hell, u ppl r da shit i swear dnt eva stop doin wat u do ESPECIALI ur artwrk… hell, had i ne money i wudav bought sum bu…
    safe, peace…
    Raz…

15. ANGELOFRETRIBUTION on February 26, 2009 at 12:08 pm

So you think that I feel nothing about that?

FUCK YOU, you cheated on me since then.

I HATE YOU, MR.& MRS. SHINODA

FUCK YOU ALL, FUCK YOU

16. MartaH on February 26, 2009 at 10:32 am

OMG!!!😀 sooooo cute!!! ahahahah this video is amazing! it’s incredible how much you’re changed guys!! the message that you’re giving to us is clear: if there’re guys, like the ones in the video, who have become so famous, then we have to give a chance to everyone ;D I love you guys!! kisses😀

17. duendecilla_suky on February 26, 2009 at 9:53 am

hi Mike!

i’m not sure if you look every comment we leave here, but i’ve seen this surfing on internet
    and i thought of you

hope you like it and if you do why dont you dedicate one of your post?

take care, kisses

18. Marii on February 26, 2009 at 7:01 am

Yea, I was about 5 years old in 2000O_o and about 2 years later, i heard In The End when my older brother was listening to it. I liked it very much and since then, LP is my favorite band. And now, my cousins hear it from me and they want to listen to LP too🙂

19. SalmonSushi on February 26, 2009 at 6:33 am

i wish i could see lp live❤

20. Ana_ on February 26, 2009 at 5:50 am

Nice video! I should have about 15 years old in 2000 and was already a fan. “Papercut” remains one of my favorites. Mike, the red hair was cool, but honestly, you’re much better now!! Don ‘t change your hair please!! :p **

21. natalia_spain on February 26, 2009 at 5:46 am

mike you beg for the love of god please look at my pictures and tell me what you think. if I order by the institute topples!

http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1020836cs6.jpg (is you)🙂
    mike please look at the pictures and tell me as they are and I do what you want (such as leave in peace) byee

22. MrsS on February 26, 2009 at 5:23 am

Wow! Thanks for the video. It was very nice to watch something old from you for a while instead listening/watching only your new stuff. Also if you are interested check out this funny game from http://en.akinator.com/# . I can’t believe he gets it right almost every time🙂
    Have a lovely day!! (And please come to Estonia this summer🙂

23. SALOME77 on February 26, 2009 at 3:51 am

Well, I can’t and I will never accept that modification….so….can you PLEASE help me ?

I beg you with my whole life. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

I’m bored with this fucking game – I don’t want to always off the real.

STOP IT, WILL YOU?

24. Lvix on February 26, 2009 at 2:38 am

Mike, why this bass player didn’t say in the band?
    I mean if i am right, Phoenix was touring with some other band?

25. Girl_X on February 26, 2009 at 2:14 am

Can you please look like that again!

Thank you!

X!

26. Casey99 on February 26, 2009 at 12:00 am

Mike! ive been trying to get your attention for months now!! Can you please play some kind of show this year or some time soon in New Orleans/Mobile/Biloxi area. Maybe a MUSIC FOR RELIEF show for New Orleans. You have ALOTTTT of diehard fans who want to see you and the closest youve guys have come to us is Atlanta and we had to miss half the show to get back home and not miss the bus. PLEASE COME NEAR THIS AREA THIS YEAR PLS. I really hope you respond to this, it would make alot of fans whole year if you did! 🙂

27. soaring_man on February 25, 2009 at 11:16 pm

Hi Mike. Thanks for your idea of promoting independent musicians, it’s a great chance for us to tell about our music. But.
    Some people did’t understand a sence of your message when you said not to wind up votes so look what do we have now. Also yesterday someone did it for me(?) Then the other man (I’m not sure that he’s not the same) blamed me that I’m a cheater.
    I’m so sad that people don’t realize that it’s not a competition or something but a real chance to promote your music and let it be evaluated (or not). I think music should connect people.

28. zimminator on February 25, 2009 at 7:44 pm

wow. just to think…its crazy that you still play papercut at concerts like ten years later. i wish i was there when you guys first started. to be honored like that, knowing that i followed my fav band before the world did. lol thats why i look for other bands tho. so i can say i knew them when they were nothin. and now yer helpin others be recgonized, mike, yer sweet! you deserve a pat on the back!!

29. tpbarbosa on February 25, 2009 at 3:42 pm

I really admire Linkin Park for pulling that up, you had to face so many different things that I doubt I’d resist to them.
    Well you’re just an example for me, that if I ever want to make my band work I’ll have to keep perceiving and believing on myself. Thanks for that. By the way, also thanks for helping all these artists I’m really enjoying what I’m listening so far =].

30. Curiosa on February 25, 2009 at 2:32 pm

2000 huh? You guys have come along way, congrats.🙂 Hey it’s great that you’re giving these artists a chance to be heard.🙂 It really is great of you however I’m curious to see what you’re up to. :)~

Hey here’s an article you might be interested in on how the recession is affecting art. Enjoy.🙂

PS: so will SOB be on the new Transformers movie??🙂 🙂

31. Hybr1d_7h3ory on February 25, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Geeze that seems like such a long time ago. I still remember when I bought “Hybrid Theory”, I was in a Best Buy before heading out on a family trip and my mom rushed me to buy a cd, so I picked up “HT” and looked at the back, Chester had the same hair style as me (8th Grade mistakes) and I had to buy it. Its been love every since. I think what you are doing here is great, not only talking about Major/Indie, but also getting these artists foot in the door. The music/film/art/ industry needs more amazing people like you Mike.

Keep up with the good work, Congrats on the Summer Sonic 09 Tour. I wish I could fly out there and catch some sushi with you guys… Hybr1d_7h3ory

32. linkinjess on February 25, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Mike- this video really brought back memories of the early days with the LPST…very cool! -jess

33. Madlen on February 25, 2009 at 11:32 am

I love this!It’s so much fun…thanks Mike!:)This is really nice of you:)

34. leticia on February 25, 2009 at 11:07 am

Hi Mike, Hi Guys!
    What I find most interesting, you see bands of different places, from such different realities met there. The music really brings people together, breaks down cultural barriers. I was willing to learn to play an instrument, one can give a go I started to play?

Hug – Letícia – Brazil

35. shiny on February 25, 2009 at 10:05 am

Hey Mike🙂 I like Hope for A.M. Anyway, great LP video😀
    Bye, Sara.

36. Joanna on February 25, 2009 at 8:26 am

Whats the name of the Bassist?

37. RedD_aka_Fluke on February 25, 2009 at 7:42 am

about the video: you’re are great, guys, and you always have been the same! You live in your music, it’s clear as a noonday!
    About votes: I think that Pan!k has enough fans, you know) I don’t know are they popular in US or not… but nevertheless

38. amichellep on February 25, 2009 at 7:21 am

music is a wonderful thing to shair. thanks for telling us this. also, great video. i’m glad you made it all big and such.

39. Aikaterine on February 25, 2009 at 7:05 am

That video is AWESOME!!🙂

40. Lidiam01 on February 25, 2009 at 7:00 am

wow!! that video was so long ago =D

41. Salih on February 25, 2009 at 6:15 am

mike i thing its not fair for the other artists that a band like PANIK as known as Nevada Tan (that was their firt band name and they brought out an album which was successful) They have their fans. I mean they are famous in Germany… the other artist are like underground so its normal that they are going to win

watch this that was theri first single as nevada tan

this is their second single

so its kinda unfair…. what do you think about that ?

42. Ash75 on February 25, 2009 at 4:34 am

Ok… I see some weird comments here, but… uh, whatever. (sometimes I don’t believe there are some inteligent people on the Earth….)
    Oh My God!😄 Awesome! ;D Ooo, and you got here red hair! kawaii x3 You look so nice. You should change your hair colour into red once again ;D (i don’t say you look bad in your natural colour, ofc)
    ehh… 2000… I was 6 back then😄 And didn’t even know ya… Good times…🙂
    QUESTION: When will be the next LP album? This year?

43. Monciukaz on February 25, 2009 at 3:59 am

It is great.. So I go voting.. ;DD

44. deadbyke on February 25, 2009 at 3:40 am

Mike,i got a serious question.i don’t know if you can see my words or answer me,but i still want to know.i am a rhythm guitarist of my band.we are from China.we are still very young.Writing our own music seems difficult to us.Actually,we don’t have our own music yet.And our parents often tell us that study is our priority.So we can hardly find time to do what a band does.But we are struggling to find a way to write our own stuffs.Of course,we are not eligible to be signed by any company at that time.But we are working hard and improving ourselves.I wonder some days in the future,when i feel we are better,do we still have the opportunity to promote ourselves through the way you are talking?

45. crystalrussianla on February 25, 2009 at 3:27 am

hey mike love the old video pretty cool

so love what your doing here at ms.com keep it up
    and just in case you didnt see befor here’s the link to the drawing i wanted you to have

and if i dont here about it from you then i no you didnt like it love G.B good night

46. Gabry94LinkinParkfan23 on February 25, 2009 at 2:10 am

cool vid Mike!!! thanks 4 sharing n thanks for watching our links :)) take care n haver a great day, Gabry ( omg i saw a comment of a dude that made me mad __ XDXD).

47. PARADOX on February 25, 2009 at 1:56 am

You help, you hurt you lie to me, so…any more help ? but no tons of accusations.

I KNOW you CAN, please, DO IT!!, if you really love me.

I never think about it, but now i only want myself died already at that day.

I want to die now….frankly, i do want to die.

48. Romeo4wheels on February 25, 2009 at 1:50 am

WHAT are you doing, I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA.

NOBODY CAN’T STAND WITH ALL OF THIS, SO…IT’S WHAT YOU’RE WANTING TO SEE?

FUCK YOU, ANY REASON FOR ME TO BE WITH YOU, PLEASE NOTE ME.

49. zahra on February 24, 2009 at 11:25 pm

i have even weirder concerts of u guys!!! its just hilarious thinking about it!!……what u were and the way u guys became suck a success!!!….u guys are sooo COOOOOool!!!!,,,,..lol…like u didn’t know that allready!..,,,lol… mike did u see my commmenntssssssssssssss???????????!!!!..:'(

50. noturninbacknow on February 24, 2009 at 8:59 pm

I’m sure that brings back a ton of memories for ya’ll!! I’ve always been impressed by how much you guys enjoy yourselves when you’re on stage & making music. I’ve seen bands in the past that look either bored or put out while playing a show, needless to say it also showed in their music, that doesn’t seem to be the case with LP!

I also TOTALLY agree with the comment below – about how ya’ll kept true to your sound & continue to make music that is true to you!!!

LS

51. Jackie on February 24, 2009 at 7:38 pm

OMG I absolutely love that you posted this. It’s always amazing to see how bands were in the beginning and how much they’ve grown. I love that you guys didn’t lose your true sound after you were signed to a label and still continued to play the music that you originally set out to make. Props to you and the rest of LP!!!!

52. ravivandmikefan4life on February 24, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Hey Mike what do you do if u make music (I’m a singer from FL) but u cant post any videos?
    1) how do i promote myself and 2) Does that make me considered one of the non-musician people? Just wondering, I’m not sure whether to try to promote myself or not. If i get the chance i can film myself and have my friend Krista upload it, i will. But still, what do i do?

53. GAl2UDA on February 24, 2009 at 7:07 pm

Can you please help me? Because I CAN”T stand all of this.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I BEG YOU NOW.

54. ThePrincess on February 24, 2009 at 6:53 pm

2000 !! That the years when I first time found ‘my destiny’ (RED HAIR,EARRINGS & WITHOUT WEDDING RING) who make my personal life become suck for last 9 years LOL! & I always avoid ‘the visual’ who brought my memory back to 2000 coz its HURT ! and all coming back now ,thanks honey for make my eyes swollen when I have to make an important presentations in my office🙂.. ok back to the main topic can i promote my friend’s band ? i know my job here just keep listening and voting but my friend’s Band is great and they just signed a contract with Major label but it seems he is not confident to promote his Band in here

55. epicsend on February 24, 2009 at 6:27 pm

my band has like three votes so yeah its not going that great but on a side note you guys need to start playing forgotten again live its such a sweet song so much energy to it

56. MrSAI on February 24, 2009 at 5:47 pm

Since being “featured” on the uservoice page we’ve had our hits to http://www.jenium.co.uk jump all the way to 2500 a day… Doesn’t sound like much, but when you consider we’ve been averaging 100 hits a day for two years it’s unbelievable. Shame there’s been no feedback so far. Kind of wish this idea came along after April 10th (when our album drops), haha

Thanks Mike🙂

57. die_4_anyone on February 24, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Those were the good days! m/ I wonder if all of you being that smooshed together made it difficult to move? As antsy and you and Chester seem to be I’m sure there was lots of “knocking heads”. Ouch! lol

58. keineAhnung on February 24, 2009 at 5:10 pm

oh, come on…just think about it…that vid is from 2000, which means that it was shot almost 9 years ago…that’s quite a while ago ;p

59. beamer87 on February 24, 2009 at 4:55 pm

This is awesome, it’s very true what you say regarding it not being that long ago. It’s amazing how far LP has come in a mere 9 years, and who knows, maybe one of these bands apart of “Promote Yourself” may be on all of the local radio stations in a couple of years pushing their premier hit album just like Hybrid Theory did. Many of these bands look up to you Mike for incredible inspiration and you are there delivering for them by giving the them the opportunity to share their talent with the many other enthusiasts who pay a visit to your site every day. Keep it up buddy.

60. pepper on February 24, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Great vid, chester’s hair makes me happy =) where was phi phi?
    oh and Panik FTW

61. RomanNefzen on February 24, 2009 at 4:14 pm

I like this iniciative, everyone who has a band and reads this blog, are getting involve.

I wish all new bands has a good music career. I will post my band music today…

Hasta la bye!

62. Eddie on February 24, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Oh my god… this is perfect….!!! Old times… Mike with red/black ( if I saw well ) spike hair, Chester blonde spike hair “Super Saiyan” style…. simply perfect!!! You know Mike one my dreams is playing guitar and do some vocals in a band with some true friends. I’m 19, I don’t know to play guitar, and I do some thoughts to do lessons this summer and as far it goes to learn how to play. You think 19 is too old to learn playing the guitar? (I said that I will start at summer because “Energy Engineering” is on the way, I start university in 2 weeks….)

63. bevil51 on February 24, 2009 at 4:03 pm

hey, mike please tell me if u read this comment cause i have pretty seriuos question. im 13 and i have all of lp’s albums but now my dads not going to let me get any cd’s with parental advisories. and if i cant get the new album when it comes out i will probobly die, so i was just wondering (since your in the middle of making the new album) if you could look into not getting a PA on the new cd. thanks so much Caleb.

64. xomusicmaniac94 on February 24, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Awesome. Sigh. I so wish that i will be able to see an LP concert at least once in my life.

“I don’t have a favorite color.” :0 wow. I am so happy. Now i know that i am not the only person who doesn’t have a favorite color! A few weeks ago my whole family was goofing on me because i told them that i didn’t have a favorite color or favorite number. My grandfather was laughing at me. He said that i was the only person on the planet without a favorite color. HA! lol

65. lucky_cat on February 24, 2009 at 3:58 pm

ANSTICE: That was great !! Applause😉

66. Hawaii_LP_fan on February 24, 2009 at 3:51 pm

It’s plain to see Linkin Park had the “it” factor back then. It’s 9 years later and they haven’t wavered. They are stronger than ever. Thank you for posting up a blast from the past vid, Mike. To all the hopeful, up and coming bands: Linkin Park is ONE band that’s built from the ground up. They are great role models and Mike will always give straight-up advice on his blog. No other band remotely cares for their fans as these guys do. Linkin Park fan for life! :o) thanks Mike.

67. Lynnie on February 24, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Dooood – that band in the video suck ass! o.O
    Lol – I’m just yankin’ ya’ chain!
    ~
    It is, however, rather interesting (and amusing, almost) to see just how far you’ve all come.
    Even just the way you move around on stage – it shows a lot about how you’ve progressed.
    ~
    At 3:33, Chester looks amazingly demonic!
    Loving it!
    ~
    Random: I can’t believe I’ve never watched Transformers, before tonight… it rocks!
    ~
    Okay… I’ve had too much alcohololohol.
    Am off to bed.
    ~
    Have a nice day, Sir Bounce-a-lot.
    Lynnie
    xx

68. Carla on February 24, 2009 at 3:18 pm

Woah, Mike commented! Haha, I was even surprised that you put that video up. (I still like Chester’s hair back then) Reason is because I wanted to make a doujinishi of you guys starting out as a band and this show was strangely the inspiration. I might post it up in the LPMB once I actually start it.

69. mshinoda on February 24, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Anstice / Jade: I don’t have a favorite color. But right now I’m painting something green.

70. MS_Ineedyou on February 24, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Mike !!! You’re REALLY hot in that video !!! xD—Brooke –btw- both of you and Chester’s hairstyles rock in that video…HOLY SHIT !!! YOU JUST POSTED SOMETHING ACTUALLY BY YOU AND I WAS HERE THREE SECONDS AFTER IT HAPPENED !! HAHA xDD Love you Mike . i wish i could post something on my voice.. i really want you to hear it … but i don’t have a band cause no one here plays instruments -.- 😦

71. NoMoreSorrowGirl on February 24, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Hey!hey!hey!…look at you!?your so cute on that hair I missed it Mike!…you guys are fully energetic…remember when you surf the crowd!?does it hurt’s!?…LOL…well, I wonder why you guys signed to a major. I think you guys before your dream was to signed in a major and now look at you, your on fully support onto an unsigned bands…my brains hurts!…Your a great man to remember when I grow old…you are a true inspiration.Love yah! :)…Take care ya’ll:))

72. SergSlim on February 24, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Hey Mike, maybe you can tell us, which was the show that Phoenix joined Linkin Park on stage again in 2000 year?
    We, on Lplive, have different thoughts about it, and nobody is 100% sure. Would be cool if you could drop a line about it in your next blog post.

Thanks.

73. mike_n_LP_4ever on February 24, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Wow Mike!!!!!!! You’re so hot in the video!!!!!!!!! Lol xDDD Me getting turned on by some new music; the last time I ever did was when I first heard Handlebars by Flobots.😛 Question: I dont kno if you already put a blog on how to start a band, but if you didnt, can you give us or aka the people who want to be future musicians on how to start?

-Cati~

74. cuz on February 24, 2009 at 2:16 pm

I LOVE watching LP’s shows… There’s so much energy in it… I keep listening and discovering some really great stuff. Thank you for those posts! No more problem with “what to play today?” thing. There’s so much cool music that need to be heard by more people. I’m checking it out since your first “Promote yourself” post and it’s not getting bored. But, it’s hard to decide who vote for, ha! Keep rocking, Mike🙂

75. soyuneik on February 24, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Your painting? For first time in a decade, so am I. I used to do this art shit everyday for more than half my life and then one day, poof, nothing. For the longest I couldn’t figure it out. No one seemed to have an answer for me. I think you mentioned something about selling your art and it not being yours anymore. (well something to that effect) I moved around a lot, some of them got lost, some broken, trashed, and stolen…and by the time I got to my destination, I had nothing left. I forgot.
    lol, you know you like my little stories.

76. Deftones06 on February 24, 2009 at 2:07 pm

Hey Mike, you’re such a nice guy and a fantastic artist for helping unknown bands build a fanbase. It’s a great idea, and, personally, I’m discovering a lot of talented artists, like Panik, Chris Connor, Rather Red, Uraken, and some more.

About the video….It’s good to see you guys performing back in 2000…good old times…=D And yes, it makes me think you should bring “Forgotten” back in your shows, it’s an absolute fan favorite!! I’m also wondering if you’re still keeping in touch with Scott Koziol.

77. rockermeg on February 24, 2009 at 2:04 pm

OH MY GAWD
    No Phoenix???
    Lovin’ the hair,Mike. Chester was a bit angsty,no?
    You guys were just as amazing then as you are now.
    Best band ever!!!!❤
    xxx

78. Maaark on February 24, 2009 at 1:46 pm

WOW I was like 12 or 13 years old when you were playing there! That’s so cool, and realizing what you guys conquered as a band is even cooler! You must be so proud! Well, I know I am… HA!

I’m still listening to the bands man, Chris Connor is my favorite one so far…

Take care Mike!

79. analoggirl on February 24, 2009 at 1:43 pm

Wow, I wasn’t expecting that video from 2000. It’s great to see that you’re still humble, Mike. 😀 (Btw, I’m trying in vain to get the original source for “You cannot fuck with this band.” Is it the Violent Femmes? It’s not SOB, that’s for sure. It’s driving me crazy.)

The Promote Yourself feature is a fantastic idea. Good luck to the participating artists. 🙂

80. Alexandra1984 on February 24, 2009 at 1:39 pm

I find this a wonderful gesture.Giving rostrum to new artists to be heard and to present their work and at the same time it’s a chance for us to discover new musical paths that were out of our reach.As for the video, no time wasn’t that long ago but i can only guess that it was a long & uphill road, not always covered with roses.

81. durg on February 24, 2009 at 1:34 pm

hahaha<3 that vid makes me giggle😀😀

82. MrSunshine on February 24, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Hey Mike,
    wow, we truly feel honored to be amongst these bands on your startpage. Thanks alot, we really appreciate that!
    As we hold your opinion in high regard, we’d like to show you a few new songs that we’re gonna release in some time. We’d be delighted if you’d be up for that and have the time to do so.
    If you’re interested, just drop us a line on myspace or as an email.
    Thanks alot for everything,
    Cheers and rock on,
    Timo

83. YuN_RoCks on February 24, 2009 at 1:24 pm

back to the red hair times! veeery good times. I’ll keep on voting but please, change that thing of the limited votes! I mean, it’s right not to vote too much the same artist (not my case, not one of those guys is my friend) but it’s not fair that you can only vote 3 times, like, in a day. I have lots of artists to vote and those are not enough. but maybe it’s just me not getting how to use that site.

84. Merecy on February 24, 2009 at 12:57 pm

My god ! , i love the vid , i was 7 years old when you did this show xD . I also love this period a lot ….

Also i listened to many of the artists who posted here . It’s a realy a good idea , i discovered a lot of talented bands or artists.
    Thanks a lot .

Michael a.k.a Merecy

85. Yuvi on February 24, 2009 at 12:49 pm

This is such a great idea, it gives fantastic exposure to many unknown bands/singers from all over the world. Thank you for doing this Mike.

Jut wanted to correct you in one little thing. The band’s name is Panik, not “Panik Music” ^_^ I just wanted to clear that up.

86. Noda89 on February 24, 2009 at 12:47 pm

i was like, “what’s wrong with Dave’s face!?!?” at first..lmfao. daaang, 2000, i was like, 11
    0_0

87. shiftyplay on February 24, 2009 at 12:44 pm

I posted before but i am not listed under uservoice so wanted to post again to you. here’s the link http://www.myspace.com/shiftyplay7879

88. MusicalRehab on February 24, 2009 at 12:35 pm

once again thanks Mike! haha love the video yo!

89. raven_of_sorrow on February 24, 2009 at 12:35 pm

i love that video so cool i always wonder alot of bands cant agree on alot of things and they end up fighting .do you guys ever end up in that situation ?

90. Janni_Loves_LP on February 24, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Hi Mike!😀 already voted for my fave ^^ I like this.. promoting new, interesting artists and also introducing us to them😛 nice… And the old LP concert video = love .. haha it must be funny to see yourself at that time, on a tiny scene (but with the same amount of energy as today, lol) and with that lovely RED hair! <33 Haha.. Take care Mike! – Janni ;3

Ps.: Pleeeaase start playing ‘Forgotten’ at shows again! It’s been years, and I love that song! It’s a fan favorite and real crowd mover too! ^w^

91. Robyn on February 24, 2009 at 12:30 pm

OMG – it’s a young Linkin Park. While you guys still show a lot of passion – that video shows a different starving type of passion. I hope you bring some of that back on the new album. Even though I’m not a musician myself, I think it’s awesome that you keep in ‘touch’ with us through your blog. I hope you guys never stop talking to your fans. We love you!!!!!

92. linkingabo on February 24, 2009 at 12:21 pm

I always love to watch these all concerts…..sorry Mike, but I prefer your old hard style……watching and hearing that your inside-power or what…..the MTM was good to show that you six are great musicians in different styles….but I hope the new album will be like this video.

93. Kalini on February 24, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Wasn’t it really that long ago? You haven’t forgotten the old times? Thanx for the video! Keep on encouraging the young artists! KK

94. miKer0cks on February 24, 2009 at 12:08 pm

o.O I saw that video like last summer for the first time, a little after your concert here in Greece, and I was shocked!!! (in a good way). At first I couldn’t believe it!!! You absolutely rocked and you still do!!! Good blue and red hair times Mike, huh?😛 Btw I still remember that concert (I think ’99 or ’00) in Vegas where you did crowd surfing and the fans ripped off your t-shirt!!! It was cool🙂

I’ll try to keep on voting cause I’ll be offline for like 3 days😦 School trip you know…Thank God it’s gonna be full of LP music🙂
    Cya Mikey, have a great day and take care…Kisses❤

95. _MiHaRu_ on February 24, 2009 at 12:08 pm

o my good mike…it’is so strange seeing you and the other guys in this video..maybe it’s not so long ago as you said..but it seems forever!I mean..look at your band now..look at you now!!I wish some of the artists you are promoting will have at least half of the career you had and will have! [I hope it’s clear what I want to say because I don’t know how to write it better..sorry english is not my first language😛 ]
    ps..ahhah you were so cute with red hair you know that?
    kisses to you

96. Chloe_lp on February 24, 2009 at 12:06 pm

That video of you guys is awsome =D + i can’t vote, it wont let me😥 I have no idea why.

97. Anika on February 24, 2009 at 12:06 pm

hey mike, i noticed a song called “irgendwas bleibt” its german and means Something stays…or sth like that^^ anyway, the video and the song makes me remember shadow of the day… its a pretty nice song. =] if you want to take a look:

(lol is it Scott Koziol in the vid????:D )
    Greetings, Anika

98. Jam21m on February 24, 2009 at 11:58 am

Check out Razor Red Noise song “living like this” that track is pure bad ass nu metal.

99. Anstice on February 24, 2009 at 11:49 am

Chris Connor is still amazing =D.

PS – I left you a comment on the last blog, hoping you’ll see. I couldn’t fit what I wanted to say onto one comment, so, I did what you asked and wrote it into my own blog =). It’s a question, kind of. http://rockstarme.deviantart.com/journal/23379750/