MS.com Featured Artists

February 28, 2009

Here’s another great batch of MIKESHINODA.COM FEATURED ARTISTS I hand-picked over the past few days. As you know, I asked viewers here to post links to their music at http://mikeshinoda.uservoice.com/, and you guys have been taking a look and voting. Keep it up!

Regardless of how the voting goes, here is another batch of new artists that caught my ear…

image

The News – Indie rock from Tel Aviv. Really awesome vibe, definitely a band to check out. I like their style. http://www.myspace.com/hadashot

image

Canadian Rapper FLEX is doing his thing. He kills classic-sounding hip hop tracks in the vein of DJ Premier, No I.D., and Jay Dee…Plus he has a dope track over our Kutmasta Kurt remix of “In The End.” I’m into it. http://www.myspace.com/pflex905?

image

CIRCLE OF CONTEMPT. You may recognize this Finnish metal band, (formerly named Thrust Moment) from drummer JP Kaukonen’s posts here on mikeshinoda.com. We had an awesome public conversation here and on linkinpark.com a few months ago, and the band has signed a worldwide deal with Sumerian Records. Check out their new site and music here: http://www.myspace.com/circleofcontempt

I’ll keep checking out the links, so keep posting and keep putting up you bands’ info.

1. Fazz on March 13, 2009 at 6:08 am

I root for Circle Of Contempt! I knew them since their name is Thrust Moment. Thanx to JP cuz I know an awesome metal band and thx to you too Mike. Their songs cool and I like the sound. It’s good to know they finally has signed world wide. Can’t wait for summer to come!!

2. soyuneik on March 6, 2009 at 8:09 pm

I deleted my old post for this new and improved one. I just wanted to thank you again.
    I mean seriously. There is only so much I can teach myself and I’ve missed some really important details.
    Your featured artists blog/voting really worked. (despite voided votes and what-not) I was still fully able to see where I lacked in terms of promotion and marketing. That said, I have a photo shoot coming up. (No one knows what the hell I look like) Also, I realized I had the solution to my Bio problem the entire time. (Haha, I’m such a dope!) Well, maybe you’ll see.

3. erippe on March 5, 2009 at 8:15 pm

I like FLEX!! I like the wrap of the type with which he rhymes clearly!The back tracks is also good.I thought I’d like to listen more:))

4. ravivandmikefan4life on March 5, 2009 at 9:52 am

Hey Mike,
    I dont kno if ur having a Projekt Rev tour this year (I sure as hell hope u do! I LOVE Projekt Rev and seeing LP live!) But there is this great band, named His Orchestra, that has unique sound that would be GREAT on the Projekt Rev lineup, whether on the Revolution stage, or better, on the main stage.
    Their link is http://www.myspace.com/hisorchestramusic (If u cant get it go on google and look up “His Orchestra” their myspace page should be the 1st thing that come up)
    I hope u consider them! They r great!
    thanx!

5. leticia on March 4, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Hi Mike, Hi Guys!
    Well, I think that the sites had to be translated, even if only part of the history of the bands (this also applies to the site of the LP). I do not understand what they say most of the songs, I am going more for sound, has good things that I like.
    Hug – Letícia – Brazil

6. Apokalypse on March 4, 2009 at 4:16 am

Wuts up Mike, I seen all about your promote yourself post on ms.com I noticed a kid did an In The End remix. He did real good in my opinion. The chorus was a little sketchy, but not bad. I have been emceein for a while now a few years actually. And I think I could kill one of your instrumentals mos def. Because their all so good. Your really talented at making beats and rapping. You’ve inspired me since I was 15, and your the reason I became an emcee. I want the opportunity to show you what I’m made of man. I want you to pick any of your instrumentals and send me a message or an e-mail saying which, once its finished I will post it up for you. I’m looking forward to it – Apokalypse.

7. MarkA on March 2, 2009 at 8:51 pm

I Really Really like The News

I Hope you guys get to check out The Randals

8. Madlen on March 2, 2009 at 3:16 pm

I just voted…anyway Circle Of Contempt remind me of Bring Me The Horizon.This is a really great project you’re doing and it’s fun for everyone.Will you do something like that for people who paint?

9. MrsS on March 2, 2009 at 12:00 pm

Wow. I really liked Circle of Contempt. Their music made me feel alive. I’ve always known finnish metal rocks:D I’m definately going to keep an eye on them. I think I should get a day off to check out all those musicians:D

10. ShadowerLiltani on March 1, 2009 at 11:03 pm

I like Flex, he’s cool, and his lyrics really make you listen up. World of Fantasy was my fave. Circle of Comtempt get on my nerves. Why does death metal with lyrics we can’t even hear (if there even ARE legitimate lyrics) still around? Death metal is not music, it is non-rhythmic noise. Anyone who has a problem with what I am saying can bite me.

11. analoggirl on March 1, 2009 at 5:05 pm

I like how international artists have a chance of being recognized and appreciated by a global audience. I’m feeling The News and Flex. 🙂

12. NoMoreSorrowGirl on March 1, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Nice picks Mike!…Loves circle of contempt…they’re all great…keep it up guys:)

13. Curiosa on March 1, 2009 at 12:47 pm

ha ha Regardless of the voting. Obviously since I haven’t heard you mention Statik Line & they’re in 1st right now. :)~

The News: these guys sound great but since I actually listen to lyrics I wish I could understand them. Besides that they really do sound great.
    Flex: He’s really good, has a good flow. In the End being my fave LP song & since I’ve heard so many remixes of that song, I thought it was ok, definitely not my fave. Did enjoy Kid Robot.
    COC: they’re too heavy for me but aside some of that screaming I heard musical elements that I actually enjoyed. Congrats guys on your signing & good luck.🙂

14. Maaark on March 1, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Ok, let’s see… The News is a good band, I like their music (even I can’t understand what they’re saying). I’m a big fan of Indie rock! Flex is a really talented rapper, I really like his lyrics! Aaand Circle of Contempt… I’m not a big fan of metal… but I know they’re really talented and I’m glad they got a worldwide deal with Sumerian Records!

Thank you for recommending these bands, Mike… I’m sure you made their day! I’ll start voting now.

Oh yea, a lot of friends have been telling me that I look like you. I decided to upload my pic and send it to you… By the way, I don’t agree with them! HA! Here it is: http://i39.tinypic.com/2ngvnt0.jpg

Take care!

15. mina on March 1, 2009 at 11:23 am

I’m really loving The News! Great pick!

16. pink_skull on March 1, 2009 at 11:18 am

i don’t have a comment i just wanna say thank you kalini for helping me in the site you are the best!

17. Kalini on March 1, 2009 at 11:03 am

Flex is amazing, I like his rapping! Circle Of Contempt is not new for us and it’s a band with a huge potential! I’m happy to hear they have a worldwide deal! I liked very much The News – great music, great vocals!!! I don’t need to understand the lyrics. They have a great style! KK EDIT: I voted for some artists, which I like, but I can’t find The News on the list, I searched even for Hadashot. I really wanted to vote for them…. Please, mention here in the post if they have another name on the list!

18. Aditya_the_warrior_within on March 1, 2009 at 9:51 am

awesome🙂

19. Sven on March 1, 2009 at 8:23 am

a second time great artists, the news have great musicle vibe too bad i can’t understand the language
    flex- wow damn nice flow
    and circle of contempt- i’m following JP and his band for a while its nice to see how bands step and grow up
    big shout to jp and his band members love ur shit for a while now keep doining your thing!
    -sven from germany

20. tpbarbosa on March 1, 2009 at 8:07 am

I’m so glad that you take your time to help bands that are only beginning. Circle od Contempt is an awesome band.
    By the way how do you imagine LP in 10/20 years? Do you think you’ll still on the road? Inspiring and helping many artist? Or even becoming a really big band like U2 or Metallica?
    Be sure you’ll always keep inspiring me to do my own thing, my biggest problem is to find band members, my friends aren’t musicians and they aren’t really into the things I like, where do you think I should look for members? Internet? On my school?
    I’m just 16 years old so.. it’s a bit difficul to me. I wanted to hear your opinion🙂

21. cuz on March 1, 2009 at 6:34 am

Thanks for pointing out! Great music. Guess your help to the guys of Circle Of Contempt was priceless!

22. JPkaukonen on March 1, 2009 at 6:32 am

I LOVE YOU MIKE❤ THANK YOU!! (:

23. zahra on March 1, 2009 at 5:05 am

u didn’t answer!!!!!!!.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!(i’m soooooooooooooo pissed)……anyhooo the bands are graet!!!love there work…and thanx for helping with every thing ur doing…….tc….bye

24. miKer0cks on March 1, 2009 at 4:33 am

I liked FLEX and CIRCLE OF CONTEMPT a lot too🙂 really cool vibes and the track from FLEX with In the end is pretty good🙂

Now, I know this is off topic but I’ve been wondering for like ages now what do these letters above mikeshinoda.com mean…Are they just random letters or they actually have a meaning? I’m really curious to find out what they are🙂

25. Lynnie on March 1, 2009 at 4:23 am

THE NEWS – Not English, so I don’t know what the songs are about, but I like it… very Kooks-meets-Razorlight sounding! I especially like ‘Zar Lach’.
    FLEX – Not normally my thing, but not too bad. Not sure I like the ‘In The End’ remix, myself… especially when I heard a couple of the original lines. Isn’t that copyright? I rather like ‘World Of Fantasy’, personally.
    CIRCLE OF CONTEMPT – Wasn’t overly impressed, myself. At the risk of sounding like my mother; that was just noise to me. Maybe they’d sound better if I wasn’t so ill/hungover. But congrats to them for getting signed.
    ~
    Have a nice day, Music Man.
    Lynnie
    xx

26. Deftones06 on March 1, 2009 at 3:47 am

THE NEWS: not my taste…however, the stuff called “Shir acher” is good

FLEX: this guy is really talented, I like his flow a lot

CIRCLE OF CONTEMPT: I wasn’t expecting a heavy band like this. Their songs are the sorts of things which are incredible in live.

Anyway, I’m still enjoying the way you’re helping new artists…It’s awesome!

27. Gabry94LinkinParkfan23 on March 1, 2009 at 1:59 am

CIRCLE OF CONTEMPT, i like ’em too🙂 thanks for watching ur links Mike🙂 take care n have a great day🙂 Gabry

28. EpilepticChickenScratch on February 28, 2009 at 9:06 pm

Circle of Contempt = Love =)

Amazing band.