Lyrics In Print: Def Leppard

March 21, 2009

DEF LEPPARD “ROCK OF AGES”

“Rock Of Ages”

Gunter glieben glauchen globen
All right
I got something to say
Yeah, it’s better to burn out
Yeah, than fade away
All right
Ow Gonna start a fire
C’mon!
Rise up! gather round
Rock this place to the ground
Burn it up let’s go for broke
Watch the night go up in smoke

Rock on! Rock on!

Drive me crazier, no serenade
No fire brigade, just Pyromania

What do you want? What do you want?
I want rock’n’roll, yes I do
Long live rock’n’roll

Oh let’s go, let’s strike a light
We’re gonna blow like dynamite
I don’t care if it takes all night
Gonna set this town alight

What do you want? What do you want?
I want rock’n’roll, Allright!
Long live rock’n’roll

Rock of ages, rock of ages
Still rollin’, keep a-rollin’
Rock of ages, rock of ages
Still rollin’, rock’n’rollin’

We got the power, got the glory
Just say you need it and if you need it
Say yeah!

Heh heh heh heh
Now listen to me
I’m Burnin’, Burnin’, I got the fever
I know for sure, there ain’t no cure
So feel it, don’t fight it, go with the flow
Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme one more for the road

What do you want? What do you want?
I want rock’n’roll, You betcha
Long live rock’n’roll

MS: Sometimes I wish I was making music back in the 80’s because writing lyrics was way easier. You could say nearly anything, and it could be a hit. I suppose there are versions of this happening today, but I don’t think “just dance / gonna be OK / da da doo doo mmm” is nearly as goofy as what was going on back when this Def Leppard song was a hit.

1. nillp on April 19, 2009 at 11:32 am

i’m really thankful that the lyrics aren’t like the 80’s ones anymore!

even if the music has the perfect beat, but the lyric is non-sense, the whole music turns dumb for me..!

thank you for writing such great musics! ♥

2. Sintia on March 26, 2009 at 10:36 am

I agree with asianotter…”Can’t we just try to get along?” All the rude comments is uncalled for. Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but don’t be rude about it. Each of their own. I personally love the old Def Leppard songs because I grew up listening to them among other types of Rock music. Just probably imagine Def Leppard now thinking on how they wrote that song “Rock of Ages” LOL I’m sure there are some artist out there thinking back in their early days “What was I thinking?” I saw an interview with the Beastie Boys and they were talking about their first album “What were we thinking when we did that album ( Licensed to Ill) ?!” Me personally I loved that album.🙂

3. ThunderStrike on March 25, 2009 at 1:31 am

You’re right but then, if everyone was making songs with ‘simple lyrics’ a LOT of us wouldn’t be here today, if you know what I mean. Nowadays, music means more than just something you can rock out to. If helps express emotions a lot more clearly than words can, and helps you reach out to others. And as long as you guys continue to goof around (eg – LPTV, Mmm…Cookies) I really don’t care xD

Oh, and Geki on the LPUMB said you could even sing in opera style if you wanted to. How about giving it a shot? ;]

4. ShadowerLiltani on March 24, 2009 at 1:41 pm

I know what you mean about 80’s lyrics. Sometimes I can’t really even read the ones you put up because they hurt my brain so much. (You look at beauties like this, and then the lyrics of MTM, and wonder why people criticize MTM so much). I am very fond of the oldies, when they couldn’t think of actual words and spent an extra minute going “la la la la la”. Speaking of which, I remember Kathy at LPU put up a quote from you about toothpaste commercials. A “shiny teeth toothpaste” song on the next LPU CD would be really funny.

5. M4LL0RY on March 24, 2009 at 1:25 am

I donno, there’s some pretty ridiculous music that’s popular these days. Soulja Boy – prime example. Shit’s getting famous for entirely wrong reasons.

P.S. Wow, spammers can take a long walk off a short plank. Mmkay? Thx.

6. evomunk on March 23, 2009 at 10:49 pm

there are bands out there that sing songs that don’t rhyme at all, but yet are meaningful. check out the jrock (japanese rock) scene. when i read the translated lyrics to the bands that i listen to (Sambomaster); the lyrics don’t rhyme at all. its all sentences. for example:

Asian Kung-Fu Generation – Atarashii Sekai

“A critical stance and antithesis
    I’m sick of a world satisfied with explanations
    Don’t care where I stand in the order of things
    Just wanna repaint the scenery before me

When you’re filled with gloom, play the E-chord
    Attack away with gusto on a streamlined guitar
    Step down on the foot switch
    Change the world through an amplification route and some imagination”

7. asianotter on March 23, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Back in the day Def Leppard was the shit! But, yeah the lyrics weren’t too well thought out! That’s truly why LP/FM music and lyrics are as so highly regarded. Because you write lyrics that make sense and have a coherent thought or deeper message, not just some words thrown together.

And to some of the comments below . . . Can’t we just try to get along? All of the negative comments are just rude to our host!

8. pepper on March 23, 2009 at 4:50 pm

hahaha nice lady gaga reference ^_^

interesting lyrics.
    But, on another note, I am proud to say that because of my awesome skills at writing to the webmaster
    i got mikeshinoda.com to be unblocked at my school, so FHHS have no fear ms.com is here to stay!

9. IMSPAMMING_YEAH_LYING on March 23, 2009 at 3:11 pm

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK

And then band me??????????? Fuck of, please.

10. Romeo4wheels on March 23, 2009 at 3:02 pm

YOU KNOW, YOU DIDN’T KNOW, OR YOU JUST SHOW I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA.

WANNA KNOW MY IDEA? FUCK YOUR WIFE WITH YOUR BAND BECAUSE I WILL NEVER HAPPY WITH ALL OF THIS.

SAFE YOUR REASON, IT’S GOOD FOR YOUR NEW TALENT.

PS: kikiki

11. ANGELOFRETRIBUTION on March 23, 2009 at 2:58 pm

IDIOT POSTER, IDIOT SONG, IDIOT LYRIC

YOU ARE AN IDIOT ONE, I “HATE” YOU.

SO, WHAT HAPPEN WITH YOUR DAMN WEB IT’S NOW YOUR FAULT.

12. gilovesmike on March 23, 2009 at 11:10 am

You´ve damn right Mike!!! let me tell you that Jonas Brothers is better than Def Leppard (of course i´m not talking serius) hehe it´s funny the song, they are a fucking pice of shit, that point make me lought so much. If you want to write lyrics please do a single with your piano, i love when you play it i feel more things for you. Kisses and have a nice day

13. pink_skull on March 23, 2009 at 9:47 am

i like one song by def leppard it’s a new song called maybe (come on,come on)i guess?? and one song by lady gaga which is just dance coz it’s make someone dance!! and what you said about the lyrics it’s completey true now i start to think that people give intrest to the music more than the lyrics!! take care byee

14. Gabry94LinkinParkfan23 on March 23, 2009 at 9:30 am

wooooooow. take care ^-^ Gabry

15. KOBSHI on March 23, 2009 at 6:05 am

Well, actually I don’t know it’s regard to Lady GaGa,coz I haven’t no time to listen her songs yet. Anyway,that’s not my point, my point is sometimes,or most of time in fact,I rarely look the lyrics,but the melody comes to my attention first. Actually,most of lyrics I have no echo coz I haven’t experience such things before(well, I’m happy kid) BUT I just love you guys’ songs, they’re really cool, and I just keep listen them again and again. Coz I know you guys really put your whole soul into work. However,I’m not saying arbitrary lyric is better than meaningful one, on the contrary, I appreciate what you guys done. You know, only those elaborate songs can be lasted forever in people hearts.

16. Temple_of_Odin on March 23, 2009 at 5:29 am

Well, it’s dark, it’s empty and it’s hers.

WHAT do you want in fact?????

17. EpilepticChickenScratch on March 22, 2009 at 9:55 pm

So, my friend and I decided that it would be insanely hot to see you ride a crotch rocket. And then we decided to suggest that you ride one for the next album photoshoot.
    Tris: “What would his album be called? VROOMVROOM?”
    Me: “HAHAHA!!”

18. Curiosa on March 22, 2009 at 9:38 pm

I don’t really care 4 that song & hey no dissing Lady Gaga. I like her. I would’ve thought youd relate 2 her song “I’ve had a little bit 2 much…I love this record baby but i can’t see straight anymore”. :)~ lol When I see her n the b&w outfit n that video I keep thinking shes part of the Misfits from 80s cartoon Jem. Just using LGs chorus isn’t a good example cause the rest makes sense. Theres plenty of bad lyrirs in hip-hop. U should use those & lpu 8 cd too. :)~ Every time I hear Poker Face I feel like being naughty.😉

We briefly discussed 80s & 90s music on fmmb & I prefer 90s music. U know who was good, Bruce Hornsby & the Range. I like their song “The way it is”.

19. Ezza on March 22, 2009 at 5:37 pm

i find it hilarious that my friend’s 1yo bro dances to pokerface😄. songs that are fun make no sense and have no meaning are the best but theyre hard to find ( i will recommend “the cat empire” tho they’re awesome most of their stuff is about having fun🙂 )

20. Ana_ on March 22, 2009 at 5:09 pm

I had missed “Lyrics in print”.🙂 Yeah, you’re right Mike! There are songs that were big hits but, in fact, there was no logic in their lyrics… =/ And in my opinion Lady GaGa sucks! By the way, I was thinking about stupid songs and I remembered “Crank That” – Soulja Boy. Everyone is a singer/songwriter nowadays… =/

21. Moonlight_Dagger on March 22, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Well, so, Mike wants to run this fucking life himself?

Go ahead, sir. it’s yours.

22. ninguem on March 22, 2009 at 4:22 pm

lpu 8 cd is better than “just dance / gonna be OK / da da doo doo mmm”
    seriously, i hate this lady gaga, this is the worse thing in music since disney stars
    but even jonas brothers are better than this thing

23. spraypaintNinkpens on March 22, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Good point but the lpu 8 cd had some pretty terrible lyrics itself.

24. lucky_cat on March 22, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Ah, maybe I’m wrong, but I think you can find this level of crap at all decades, and amazing quality too. But, seriously, would you like to have a hit like THIS? Are you writing lyrics because you want to hit the headlines or because you want to hit the mark (with regard to content)? Don’t care about nonsense like this … but if you like to write nonsense right now, do it🙂
    @Brazenentity: I love my cat too.

25. Alexandra1984 on March 22, 2009 at 3:10 pm

I believe that it’s the combination of both music and lyrics that makes a diachronic song and not a temporary firework. The Gunter glieben glauchen globen part can make an excellent jaw-breaker if you try to say it fast…

26. BrazenEntity on March 22, 2009 at 2:29 pm

I have a growth beside my right ear under the skin… I just noticed. And by my left ear, I have a small pimple thing. And a pointsetta to your bonsai. (And a bonsai to your pointsetta) I love my cat… I want to keep my cat forever… Missing my appointment with Ellis, I have the Boone’s #, Jeffreestar is famous, I’m bought by Stacey, I’m raving in some Gap and a men’s dress shirt, but I have to find a babysitter for my cat… mabey Roy? I don’t know, we’re scared. Bad things are happening. DEFINATELY not L. What’s Chester doing? He would lose his jaw to see this cat. Mabey Eric? I need some advice… This is difficult… I miss Austin… Man, I’m raving with a Jesus- Dora?

27. Madlen on March 22, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Yeah I’ve noticed that about 80s music:DBtw when I heard Beautiful Dirty Rich(Lady Gaga again:D)I thought of Glorious Excess…you should listen to it if you haven’t yet.Lyrics:
    I have to say-it seems like that people like meaningless lyrics…and I really don’t understand why.I’m not saying every single song should have meaningful lyrics-it is nice just to listen to the music sometimes but still…

28. NoMoreSorrowGirl on March 22, 2009 at 2:03 pm

In those times of Def Leppard, I guess,they sing and record it and write the lyrics…hahaha!that’s crazy if it’s true…no more rewrites…have you done that before? I mean sing then write?

29. burningdaylight on March 22, 2009 at 1:20 pm

hmmm…nice comparison you got there mike. one song’s about being a pyro, the other song’s about getting drunk! makes perfect sense. haha. if you really want good examples of people talking about nothing, look at lil’ wayne’s lyrics. i know you like him and everything, but this guy’s songs have no real meaning to them whatsoever. (plus he overuses the vocoder.)

30. natalia_spain on March 22, 2009 at 1:12 pm

hi mike!
    please watch this unic draw from me, please

31. DoubleGJ on March 22, 2009 at 12:41 pm

the fact it got sampled by The Offspring makes it even better o/

32. ANGELUS on March 22, 2009 at 12:38 pm

If only i understand English ??? Why ???

33. Kalini on March 22, 2009 at 12:27 pm

Mike, if you were making music in the 80s, you should write songs like this: “I dont wanna touch you too much baby, cos making love to you might drive me crazy”; or like this: “Youre such a secret, misty eyed and shady, Lady how you hold the key, Oh you’re like a candle, your flame slowly fadin, Burnin out and burnin me, Cant you see?, Just try and say to you, You’re bringin on the heartbreak, Takin all the best of me”. Def Leppard has written some of the best love songs ever. Would you ever write a love song???? Please, read my comment for Asher Roth’s post!!!!! KK

34. billiejean on March 22, 2009 at 11:04 am

thank god you guys actually think before you write lyrics!!!
    i never thought lady gaga whould ever be at the same level with def leppard but ..yay!!
    rock on ..cu at terra vibe!..again =)

35. renny on March 22, 2009 at 10:50 am

Lady Gaga > Def Leppard
    always.

36. Jaclyn on March 22, 2009 at 10:50 am

Hey! That’s why i can hardly listen to russian radio coz i understand lyrics ))) Tho i understand the meaning of english words in songs they don’t go too deep in my soul so i can’t feel the profanity and let me really ENJOY the songs haha!
    Mikey you shud check out Alex McMillan 15 sec Given Up scream! m/ m/ RFTS GIVEN UP COVER

37. Maaark on March 22, 2009 at 10:50 am

Hey Mike! C’mon, this is one of the worst lyrics I’ve ever seen! I don’t like Lady Gaga’s either, but like you said, it’s not as goofy as the lyric you posted. But you know what? People can relate to lyrics now. Even a band doesn’t need that do be popular, it’s better when you know you like the band because you see yourself in the lyrics. Sometimes it seems like the good writes read your mind! For instance, some LP and FM songs say exactly what I think, and I know sometimes you write personal things in your music, this is one of the things I admire in you and in all LP guys!

Hope you have a good weekend! Oh yea, why don’t you recommend some good animes for us to watch?! It’d be awesome!

38. cuz on March 22, 2009 at 10:19 am

I have a lot of sentiment for that times and music… I see how much the world has changed since back then while listening to those older songs. This lyrics is too hard to understand sometimes. Glad I’m not the only one who thinks that way, ha!

39. yanTyan on March 22, 2009 at 8:32 am

Mikey , when will you and your band go to China again?
    Wooo, as i bought tickets for Shang Hai show and Macao show
    before Chester announced he was suffer from back injury. Money
    can’t be returned is not main point ,
    anyway , i love LP forever!
    this song http://ting.mbox.sogou.com/listenV2.jsp?cid=1836613209001FCB&gid=13b43a693288f424&s=%B2%E0%CC%EF&t=Kong&lid=7f47d38872e2c166&ac=1&w=02009900&asf=mp3.sogou.com&ast=1237737859&from=search&pp=bntg , named ” king kong and the beauty”=美女與野獸

40. xomusicmaniac94 on March 22, 2009 at 8:14 am

cmon, thats not that bad! i’ve seen goofier. for instance, “i eat cannibals” by Toto Coelo is even worse…
    I eat cannibal
    Feed on animal
    Your love is so edible to me
    I eat cannibals

I eat cannibal
    It’s incredible
    You bring out the animal in me
    I eat cannibals

What can you do
    You’re in a stew
    Hot hot cook it up
    I’m never gonna stop
    Fancy a bite
    My appetite
    Yum yum gee it’s fun
    Banging on a different drum…etc

LOL sometimes when i need a laugh this is the song i go to😀

41. tpbarbosa on March 22, 2009 at 7:56 am

Write lyrics can be hard when you’re not inspired by anything, but I do prefer lyrics as they’re nowadays, I prefer to look forward bands that write something worth to listen to. 80’s lyrics are just ridiculous I mean they don’t have any meaning, you can’t relate yourself to them, it’s all about dance and other stuff.
    One thing I’ve always wanted to ask to you is “In the beggining of LP did you and Chaz sat down and discussed about what would be the issues/problems LP would be singing about? Did you decided to make them sound general?” I know it might sound dumb, of course you did, but if comparing LP’s lyrics to others bands they’re very original and can be easily related to any problem.

42. RachaelLP on March 22, 2009 at 7:33 am

I wish lyrics were like that now. The same old ‘just dance’ stuff really is annoying. 26 Lettaz in da Alphabet really could have been a serious 80s hit, those lyrics kill.

43. bec on March 22, 2009 at 6:53 am

I was watching the “Pour Some Sugar On Me” video last night and thinking ‘Oh God Mike needs to do a lyrics in print about this song’ – Def Leppard really got away with writing some crazy stuff and I know it sounds cruel but maybe people were too distracted trying to see if you can hear the drummers disability and not actually focussing on the lyrics:

…Demolition woman, can I be your man?

Razzle ‘n’ a dazzle ‘n’ a flash a little light

Television lover, baby, go all night

Sometime, anytime, sugar me sweet

Little miss ah innocent sugar me, yeah

Hey!

C’mon, take a bottle, shake it up

Break the bubble, break it up

Pour some sugar on me…

44. die_4_anyone on March 22, 2009 at 6:41 am

lol but you know what? i am so glad you take writing lyrics so seriously. Some damn good songs have emerged from just that. Hang in there, your masterminding will comense, I’m sure. =P

45. MarishkaLP on March 22, 2009 at 6:38 am

stupid song, i agree. i don’t see the sence of it’s existing..and i’m sO happy that you guys play nowadays! i think i would die being without you, being with all those primitive songs which i hear from everywhere! so you’re saving my life with your deep songs! you kinda help to see the right way out from a rough situation of the life! thank you for your lyrics and music! it makes us stronger..

46. phill715 on March 22, 2009 at 6:01 am

Gunter glieben glauchen globen. Enough said.

47. LPmAgaS on March 22, 2009 at 5:13 am

hehe you’re right about Lady Gaga!!!:)

48. PatrickM on March 22, 2009 at 4:04 am

Lyrics are awesome, thanks for posted them here.

Artists love 80s music – for example Lady GaGa. I hear in her tracks 80s

49. Zung92 on March 22, 2009 at 3:47 am

I want you to see these art/ mike!)

50. rockermeg on March 22, 2009 at 3:30 am

Hahahaa why were they so popular???
    BUt I do like the whole “it’s better to burn out than fade away”
    But yeah, they suck xD your lyrics are much better
    xxx

51. Lyra on March 22, 2009 at 3:18 am

yea..that’s a laugh..but i dont think im really into old music..man/thats wierd..well..i think that ll be wierd if one day LP started singing songs with that kind of lyrics..(cant image)..
    well..maybe thats ‘THE AGE DIFFERENCE’…i dunno..

52. adios_angel on March 22, 2009 at 3:04 am

Try to compose a song that contains Chester’s roar and Vitas’s dolphin-voice. That will give us a whole new experience.(

Vitas is a Russian singer ,please wacth his mv Opera 2 on http://v.youku.com/vshow/idXNzY5MDUwNjQ=.html

53. liope on March 22, 2009 at 2:40 am

Hey, it’s nice to have lyrics in print back!🙂 Well if you want to write easy lyrics that will end up to a great hit, then Greece is the perfect place for you!! Here people aren’t searching all the time for music with quality..they just want to have fun and shake to the beat! And if i goofy song can give them that joy, then they will bring it firts to TOP 5,10,20 etc.😉

54. Merecy on March 22, 2009 at 2:28 am

Hi Mike

x’) thanks for making me laugh this morning … I totally agree with you once again … Those lyrics are ridiculous ….

Michael/Merecy

55. addict on March 22, 2009 at 1:48 am

haha…those lyrics are awesome…rofl

but speaking of goofy lyrics: you should really post some scooter lyrics, they are PERFECT for your lyrics in print section

oh and btw, now we know such lyrics work nowadays too: I WANT TO HEAR “UNICORNS AND LOLLIPOPS” ON YOUR NEW ALBUM!!!! starts a petition😉

56. DinaraLP on March 22, 2009 at 1:39 am

Old music has something strange….Something individual that we can’t describe. Listening music of past in present is interesting and it gives a lot of thoughts…..
    By the way, we celebrate our New Year today! We call it Nauryz. Happy Nauryz!!!

57. Anstice on March 22, 2009 at 12:52 am

Hey, dammit!! I love Lady Gaga, lmfao. “Just Dance” is my freaking “car” anthem. However, that stupid Def Lepard song was a little different. Have you listened to all of the lyrics of “Just Dance”? They make sense!! So ::blows raspberry::
    “Just Dance” should be your next “Lyrics in Print.” Hmm.

58. ThePrincess on March 22, 2009 at 12:50 am

Usually my friend Princess who gave the comment .. but she just was engaged last night !! ( I just finished posting about that in in her LPN page ) .. yeah apparently she still shock with that ‘ happy incident ‘ .. and now I replace her to give a comment here …80’s huh !! good choice but apparently my father will more like this song than me !! LOL .. but thanks anyway !!!!

ANNA

59. Aqua101 on March 22, 2009 at 12:43 am

It’s true what paintedreams’s said below, its dance music so no one is really listening to the lyrics. Good & bad is always depending on the situation. My personal opinion, most important is the tune, what makes yr music good to be heard or not (not just lyric). LP has always produced best tunes, so unique….combined with vocal voices of yours & Chester. Nothing else better. Do what you guys suppose to do at best. I’m sure it’ll blow our ears again soon. Cheers😉

60. MissV10 on March 22, 2009 at 12:15 am

I don’t know if its just me but my new favorite song belongs in your lyrics in print section.
    Its by lmfao “I am not a whore” Here’s a little taste:

Sometimes I feel like llcooljay

I make love not not wear them bootay

But every girl I try to get to know

Ends up tryin to do me

I said

I am not a whore

I am not a whore

But I like to do it (dance break music)

: D

the title says it all!

~Lilly

61. Philly_Willy on March 22, 2009 at 12:02 am

Gunter glieben glauchen globen.
    Hahahaha, that’s classic

62. Dori on March 21, 2009 at 11:07 pm

I would agree with you there, Mike. Of course, correct me if I’m wrong, Def Leppard was a “hair band…” All those bands wrote about sex and other raunchy stuff, and were on drugs a lot of the time. Yeah, it’s the same thing today, with the subject matter, it’s just that people aren’t messed up as much as they were…. (Scott Weiland doesn’t count, cause he’s been an AMAZING artist through out his career)… I’m NO authority on 80’s culture (born in 1982), but that’s my interpretation…. lol

63. soyuneik on March 21, 2009 at 10:21 pm

Your missing the crazy happenings on twitter… unless I just can’t find you. We are collecting people like trading cards. (insert creepy deep voice)”Come, follow me to the dark side”. Maybe its still early enough for me to be the “Ducky” of Twitter. My boy said not to quote him, pointed out: it’s better to burn out Yeah, than fade away – Neil Young “(we secretly stand around and read your blog too)

64. MS_Ineedyou on March 21, 2009 at 10:15 pm

you wanna see some fucked up lyrics ?? look up the jonas brothers .. there you go…🙂 —Brooke. P.S — as soon as i saw “da da doo doo mmm” i was laughing my ass off XDD

65. PaintedDreams on March 21, 2009 at 10:01 pm

haha oh man, mike.. i saw “da da doo doo mm” and really laughed out loud. i totally agree with you. sad part is that i think they can “get away with it,” but if a band like yours did that.. i feel like everybody would be all over it and bashing it. it’s dance music so no one is really listening to the lyrics. good and bad i guess depending on the situation. oh well. what can you do.

66. APHELION on March 21, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Well, let say, let say “FUCK YOU”

How about this ?

67. Lori on March 21, 2009 at 8:52 pm

mate, i love Lady GaGa, shes got some good tunes to go out and dance to and “just dance” is an excellent song!! my fave is “boys boys boys – we like boys in cars! boys boys boys – buy us drinks in bars – boys boys boys with hairsray and denim boys boys boys we love them!!” “I wont tell you that i love you kiss or hug you cos im bluffin with my muffin im not lyin im just stunnin’ with my love glue gunnin’ just like a kid in the casino take your bank before i pay you well i promise this promise this check this hand cos im marvellous” <– how can u not luv it??

68. Elliandria on March 21, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Don’t be hating on Lady Gaga!🙂 “Beautiful Dirty Rich” definitely has a few interesting things to say about our culture.

69. Melissa on March 21, 2009 at 8:16 pm

I have an 80’s cheesy rock CD for my car and there’s a few Def Leppard tracks on there, but hey Animal is a classic! I personally believe that Queen had the best song lyrics of any band around during the 70’s / 80’s… and music. Okay so some of their songs did have completely silly/fun lyrics, like ‘Fat Bottom Girls’, but Freddie’s voice made anything work🙂

70. Lynnie on March 21, 2009 at 8:11 pm

HEY!
    No ragging on the GaGa!
    ~
    I agree, though, that 80s music is classic for being rather lame. Lol.
    ~
    I prefer ‘Lets Get Rocked’ myself.
    No more to say.
    ~
    Have a nice day and STOP BLOGGING… I have assignments to do! Damn you, Shinoda… you’re so distracting!
    =)
    Lynnie
    xx

71. durg on March 21, 2009 at 8:00 pm

haha just dance😄
    by the way, have you heard about this?