In Studio: March 2009

March 24, 2009

image

So remember when I did that exclusive song for Digidesign? They let me borrow the new Protools 8, I made them a song, did and interview for their site, and spoke at their booth at NAMM. Funny story: the other day, Joe Hahn was talking about a song he was working on at home, and mentioned ProTools 8. I said, “You have Protools 8 at home?” He said, “You don’t? Didn’t you do a bunch of stuff for them?” Ha. Thanks to Mr. Demarti at management and Anthony at Digi, I now have ProTools 8 at home. Now I just have to get all my plug-ins to work…

Anyway, we’re still working hard on the new record, at home and in the studio. We’ve been meeting with producers and trying to make a schedule. Yesterday, we had a great talk about the details…we’d like to have Chester’s Dead By Sunrise record out around the fall, and the new Linkin Park record in the earlier part of next year. We’re working hard on lots of new music for you, and I can’t wait ’til you get to hear it.

1. Dennis on June 12, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Blackbirds is a perfect song!I like it so much.A lot of people waiting for you in Russia,are you gonna visit Russia and what time?very interested

2. SINGAPURA on April 15, 2010 at 7:27 am

Ooo yea i cant wait for the new album to be released ^^
    I would love it too, if LP could hold a concert to the tiny nation of SINGAPORE. I have been waiting for a long time for LP to visit alr. Please do come some day ^^

3. saurav on February 1, 2010 at 9:32 am

i’m ur big fan,my favorite band of all time..why no tour to india mike?is any future plan to come here??plz.. reply,will be awaitin’….u rock l.p.best wishes 4 d new album man!!!u rock dudes!!!!

4. nillp on April 19, 2009 at 2:37 pm

“I said, “You have Protools 8 at home?” He said, “You don’t?…” HA! sorry but i laughed with this one!😄

it’s great that u have protools 8 now.. this way you can make more amazing music to us.. o/~

“I can’t wait ’til you get to hear it.” – if you can’t wait, imagine us!!!! o/

5. sabry_br on April 5, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Hey Mike, I know this question has nothing to be subject, but I’m in doubt of somthing: I saw on the internet about an event is going to have here in Brazil (this year), and there was telling that LP should be there. I want to know if is that true, if LP is planning to come to Brazil.
    I’m waitting eagerly for the new album! And thanks a lot if you reply my doubt.

6. LP_LOV3R on March 28, 2009 at 2:03 pm

i hope i will survive til 2010 😀
    i’m sure the next album’s gonna be great !!
    i’m soooo excited…& i’m also lookin’ forward to Dead By Sunrise !!🙂
    ROCK ON LP !!! ♥

7. alina07 on March 28, 2009 at 4:51 am

It’s so great to learn that LP’s new album as well as my favorite band’s new work will come out in A YEAR! Kinda long period, isn’t it? Still, I’m glad that Chaz is working on his solo project. GO ON Mike,and LP.

8. Gemeni2u on March 27, 2009 at 3:34 pm

So looking forward to both albums… Thanks for the continous updates ! Good Luck… : )

9. tzache20 on March 27, 2009 at 3:14 pm

hey Mike!!! good luck working on the new album!
    I wanna know if you are goin’ to perform in ROMANIA…
    there were rumors that you were going to perform last year…but just rumors:(
    maybe this year will be different. romania isn’t so far away from greece or turkey😉
    you’ve got a lot of fans here that wanna see you live…i hope you read this and give it a thought.
    Good luck!!!

10. tpbarbosa on March 27, 2009 at 10:43 am

Only in 2010? Humm I’ve heard those rumors before. But well I think I can wait, it will be worth.
    Well if LP needs more time to get it perfect then I totally support your decision
    Please make it heavy :p
    I can’t wait to see what Chaz will come up with in DBS! It’ll be kickass for sure :p

11. Stee1baby on March 27, 2009 at 5:40 am

Mike, you’re the best!)
    I cannot wait ur new record🙂
    I wish u the great work and the nice rest!🙂

12. zahra on March 27, 2009 at 4:47 am

Omg 2010! Omg! Omg! I cant wait!aaaah two thumbs up to joe on the pro8! Omg i wish the best 4 u and ur band !i hope every thing terns out just fine! Tc… Btw i’m going to see coldplay live tomorrow night! Its my first concert! I wish to see u guys live soon too! Thanx 4 the info on the art show ! Have a nice day! Bye🙂

13. liviap on March 27, 2009 at 4:16 am

I don’t know if I can wait until 2010 Mike :/….but if this is what true brilliance takes, I shall do what I can. (2)
    And heey! I saw the new tour dates and nothing about Brazil! I really wish you could come back here!
    Good luck with the new album. Can’t wait to hear it too.😀
    Love you🙂

14. JODA on March 26, 2009 at 9:27 pm

Well Well Well, what do you think about the word “stupidity”, Mr.Michael Kenji Shinoda ?

IT’S NOT YOU!! AND I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU DO THIS THING, FUCK YOU!!

OKAY, IF YOU REALLY WANTED TO. I~WON’T~FUCK~WITH~YOU.

PS: YOUR WIFE IS REAL GOOD, I THINK.

BYE~~~~~~~~~~BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

PS2: SORRY IF YOU NEVER EXPECT ME TO BE READING HERE. I~AM~OFF. FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!

15. JRock4589 on March 26, 2009 at 2:49 pm

16. TiffTiff33LP on March 26, 2009 at 1:53 pm

AWSOME,AWSOME,AWSOME!!!!!woo hoo!!!!^^ cant wait!!!^^

17. Sintia on March 26, 2009 at 10:50 am

thanks for the update Mike. I can’t wait to hear Chesters solo project dead by sunrise (which sounds like a vampire theme to me : – D) and the new LP album. I have faith and trust that that they’re both going to be good. Keep up the hard work.

18. Sintia on March 26, 2009 at 10:50 am

19. connielpl on March 26, 2009 at 5:30 am

looking forward to the dead by sunrise album. cant wait 4 the new linkin park album too, at least it’s not gonna be that long of a wait🙂 im so excited!

20. Charlotte_Jay on March 26, 2009 at 3:08 am

It doesn’t matter how long it takes Mike, I can listen to LP songs over and over again so I can wait another year for the new album.Have fun with your Protools 8 and good luck with the new album🙂

21. smphawk on March 25, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Nice, I’ve heard good things about Protools 8 but I can’t afford to upgrade yet:/

And I have that same M-Audio keyboard in my mini studio! Nice and cheap, but gets the job done, just how I like it.

Can’t wait to hear some new material!

22. BrazenEntity on March 25, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Mike, you have green leaves in your hair…🙂 Maybe you want to dance with some green leaves in your hair… It would be so fun… I told that little girl that Britney should get her stick, and now I have to convince Roy that he should give me his light, but, I think he wants me to be his wife. I-I-I um… His blue lights… He’s using my energy to sleep with other women… and I have a present for you. anD some other stuff that will make you happy… I just have to unglue myself from my possessed apartment and get it there. It is so depressing to step outside… I’m suicidal. Tried to call the tow company, they said something about how they shit in a sandbox.?. Um, sup, world of Benji!!!

23. pandora426 on March 25, 2009 at 8:04 pm

AWWWW I was really hoping to get the new album before the end of this year… well i guess i can wait another yr… it doesn’t realli matter i noe it will be gr8 anyway… I CAN”T WAIT!!!!😀 hoe things r goin gr8 for the u and the guys… hope to one day see u guys on tour in atlanta… XOXO!!

24. Mr_Huhn on March 25, 2009 at 3:59 pm

thanks for the news mike s.!!! cant wait to hear new music!

25. Lidiam01 on March 25, 2009 at 3:42 pm

I CANT WAIT FOR CHESTER’S DEAD BY SUNRISE CD TO COME OUT!!! =D
    BUT WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR FOR A NEW LP CD??? AWWWW….ITS OK IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!!!

26. PinkyLouloulp on March 25, 2009 at 1:47 pm

27. Gerardo on March 25, 2009 at 1:00 pm

What?????In 2010 year? no problem haha… I can wait….its a joke! I cant wait so long but ILL do it for LP haha….linkin park the best of ever……

28. July on March 25, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Oh, Mike, I was upset. 2010… As long… Well, we will wait. I wish to listen to an album of Chester too. I love all of you

29. noturninbacknow on March 25, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Hey Mike,

We’ve all seen the latest tour dates announced…..can we hope for some shows States side this summer????? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

LS

30. Diana_LP_adicted on March 25, 2009 at 11:57 am

NOW YOU CAN WORK AT HOME :P… COOL!! THE NEW ALBUM IS BEING DONE :D… I KNOW THAT WHEN THE ALBUM COMES OUT ALL LINKIN PARK FANS WILL LOVE IT! I MISS LP.. I NEED ANOTHER ALBUM !!! HEHEHE LOVE YOU😀

31. LPqwerty93 on March 25, 2009 at 11:32 am

hey mike!
    i’m really looking forward to the new album.
    it’s gonna be awesome.
    i can’t wait to buy it.
    btw, your remix of death to analog is great. i love it!

32. Lvix on March 25, 2009 at 11:07 am

Mike, this is awesome news! I hope Dead By sunrise will fall quick!
    And i am wondering how Chester is gonna combine the Dead By Sunrise tour and the Linkin Park tour… He must be vrry busy right now. Anyway, you can combinate a performing on Rock Werchter(4July) in your tour. So please, ask your rour manager!
    I have a Belgium myspace profile so when you guys come here, the hold country will know!

33. Raiden on March 25, 2009 at 10:41 am

Finally some news about the new album. Can’t wait to get it. Dead By Sunrise will help to survive the time until I get my hands on the new LP album. Please write news about the new album more often.

34. Melk on March 25, 2009 at 9:31 am

Hey Mike !!!
    I have changed your picture on Wikipedia !! You had made several remarks about your former pic that you don’t find very flattering ! i don’t know if you remember but you have written an article on your blog where you said ” i look tired on the pic !” !!
    So, i’ve decided to change the pic…🙂
    I hope you’re happy ^^
    -Melk❤

35. gilovesmike on March 25, 2009 at 9:25 am

Hi, how are you? i´m good (jajaja), thank you for the notice but i feel sad because it´s going to be in 2010, long long time like eternity but a great album!!! say Chez my best wishes in BDS. Have a nice day, kisses baby.

36. MusicIsHealthy on March 25, 2009 at 9:23 am

Hey Mike
    haha great you have it now at home too😉

oh that sounds so awesome🙂. I can’t wait to hear all the new stuff and also DBS🙂 ( I’m sure nearly everyone under my comment wrote that too :D)
    i’m so excited^^

greetz❤

37. rocksylvie on March 25, 2009 at 8:54 am

I’m glad you have Pro Tools 8 at home now! At last! Cool! And it’s so good to have news about your work! I was waiting for your album this year. Anyway I am “patiently waiting” for it. But could you let us listen a part of one piece? Or more… Please! And I love your photo – all that buttons… are they hard to be operated? Good luck, guys! Keep going! Luv ya!

38. LPmAgaS on March 25, 2009 at 8:37 am

hey Mike, I’m looking forward to buy your new album!!! Keep rocking guys!!!:)
    By the way, I just got my ticket for your concert in Greece!!:) SEE YA THERE!!!

39. LPAngel on March 25, 2009 at 8:25 am

I´m very anxious for your next album and Chester´s album! =)

40. Aikaterine on March 25, 2009 at 8:14 am

Hey Mike, I can’t wait for that new CD too!🙂

41. Aqua101 on March 25, 2009 at 7:19 am

No!! Come on, Mike!! Gotta wait til early next year?? I wanna have that new LP album comes first b4 DBS…sniff-sniff (I’m really crying) :(…Oh,, what can I say…perfection comes at last. So, I’ll wait. My heart set on that for sure. Glad you update this for us. Really happy to hear it again from you. Yeah…why didn’t u get Protool8? They didn’t gv you? Tell them (whatever company/corporation they are)…don’t be mean!

p.s: why didn’t you show your face on that picture, Mikey? Miss you so dearly. And here is a short poem for you : Roses are red, violets are blue. Sugar is sweet, and so are you. And when we meet, we’ll have a kiss.

Take care, darling…≈♥≈

42. Gabry94LinkinParkfan23 on March 25, 2009 at 6:53 am

heeey Mike. thanks for sharing with us these great news😀 im looking forward to the new CD and i know ur doing a great job for us🙂 Im so exicited. Good luck to Chester 2, i know his solo CD is gong to be amazing🙂 take care and have a nice day🙂 Gabry

43. Ash75 on March 25, 2009 at 6:24 am

New album next year? it’s to long….. ;P jk. Anyway I’m so excited about this, just can’t wait!
    Oh, and…. Mike, PLEASE! Come to Poland, to Warsaw… let my dream of LP concert come true😉
    Take care and have a nice day🙂

44. Temple_of_Odin on March 25, 2009 at 5:30 am

Ok, info for the last album from Mike, have a nice one though.

45. KOBSHI on March 25, 2009 at 5:25 am

Hey man, you know what, I’m just beside myself with excitement when I heard you’re talking about LP new record ! No matter you deliver us a completely new type of music, or producing music that you guys good at, I promise, I will buy one forthwith once you guys record is out ! By the way, Mike, you look really smart, I fucking love to see how you’re devoted to making music =)

46. po2ja on March 25, 2009 at 5:15 am

Hi Mike. Please come to India…. Can’t wait for the new record to come out….. Take care🙂

47. Wotur11 on March 25, 2009 at 5:05 am

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW next year hah???? tooo long for me to wait i thought it would be released this summer :(( oh anyway i will listen to DBS ‘s cd to wait for the LP ones🙂 Have a nice day Mikey babe🙂

48. Signal on March 25, 2009 at 4:46 am

HI MIKE~!!!
    Cool and awesome ~!! Looking forward to the new record~!!!

49. lilyjulia on March 25, 2009 at 4:33 am

i’m still kind of hoping for a sneak on some new lp-stuff during the concerts in summer😉 especially in stuttgart! /selfish-mode off ^^

50. Shinodabestfriend on March 25, 2009 at 3:42 am

oh my god, Mike… another year?!?! you’re killing meee….. (have a nice work)
    shit, I’m sad now… waaaah!!

51. jenshinoda88 on March 25, 2009 at 3:01 am

GREAT! THEN WAIT FOR ANXIETY WITH THE NEW CD!
    YES, IT IS BEAUTIFUL EVEN HAVE THE SONG OF CHESTER!
    BUT it is TRUE THAT THIS NEW CD WILL BE BACK TO A KIND OF HYBRID THEORY?

HI MIKE!!!! ^_^

52. Lyra on March 25, 2009 at 2:46 am

huh….early in 2010 huh??…man..that’s a another year..to wait……Well,it’s nice to know u guys r working in the new album..man i can’t wait to hear it~~~ XD…it’s a good thing that the DBS record will be out in fall…THAT’S SOMETHING TO CHEW ON…hopefully it’ll help me get through the year…Anyway,have a nice guys~~

53. Shadow on March 25, 2009 at 2:28 am

“Great”…let you promote their new stuff and didn’t give it to you?! Anyway, I was just wondering the other day how things stand with the new album – now I got the update🙂 I am also working on a schedule, lol, am organising a trip to France and to a few LP-shows later this year (and inbetween all that I have to go to work for one day). Looking forward to new stuff from LP and Chester!

54. Mikado on March 25, 2009 at 2:15 am

Hi Mike. Hope you guys are all okay?! Thanks for the news about the next LP album. I´m waiting patiently too. Have a great day and take care : )

55. nurba on March 25, 2009 at 2:10 am

Good news,i can’t wait….

56. ThunderStrike on March 25, 2009 at 1:32 am

Awesome!!! DBS this fall and LP next year!! I can’t wait……….well, I can if waiting means we get better music than before xD Thanks for working so hard for us!

57. redwoman on March 25, 2009 at 12:53 am

Mike I can’t wait too, please hurry! why this image of your back? I want to see your wonderful face.

58. Diamondback on March 25, 2009 at 12:14 am

I will never understand how you guys are so dope at all this pro tools shit. Though I’d love to learn sometime. Yes Mike, we’re waiting very, very patiently for the records to come out…Not!!!!! Have a good day and keep workin’ for us, we’re too damn eggcited!

59. Aditya_the_warrior_within on March 24, 2009 at 11:53 pm

awesome ! looking forward to them🙂

60. Muggs on March 24, 2009 at 11:38 pm

It’s kind of bad that they just let you borrow it to do all that work and then not give you a copy. At least it all worked out.

And keep up that good work! I’m sure the new music will be dope.

Oh and speaking of Mr. Hahn, I was doing some online window shopping and came across this ring. Looks like something he would wear and $20000 is just pocket change for you guys, right?😛

61. Hawaii_LP_fan on March 24, 2009 at 11:30 pm

I’m anxiously waiting with bated breath to hear LP’s new music! It’s going to ring in the new year with a BANG!🙂 In addition to working hard on the new album, you guys will be touring this summer. Thanks for updating us with the album progress. Remember to have crazy fun along with putting your nose to the grind!🙂 Love ya! Susie

62. Dori on March 24, 2009 at 11:24 pm

You don’t have Protools 8!? I thought you would cause you play around with it so much… What are you using for the mixtapes you make, then? I’m glad you are continuing to actively discuss and work on the new lp and dbs records! Can’t wait for Chester’s album!!!

63. zimminator on March 24, 2009 at 11:19 pm

omg omg i cant wait mike its drivin me wild like a monster!! ya i dont know where that was goin……i wanna hear dead by sunrise soooo bad! i made a cd cover for them in my art class!!! and in my next assignment we are supposed to do a foreshortened picture….and i found a sweet pic of you!! im totally gonna draw you dude…..feel happy lol. i do.

64. soyuneik on March 24, 2009 at 11:10 pm

…Drags lifeless worn body into MS blog… One day, I too will be wedge in between a space station, surround by brilliant shiny objects and astronomically priced Protools I/O interfaces. “Believe it!” (I actually looked at the prices and thought to myself how should I go about selling my organs?) I keep falling for Protools. I’ll be like “oh sweet, protools” and after a few minutes I realize I’m gripping my monitor up like its someones neck. One month later, “Hey that’s right I have protools”, gnawing my keyboard. I’m way too stubborn to ever give it up, but I’m thinking its the spawn of the underworld and I have to defeat him in order to record a song.

65. Xineohp on March 24, 2009 at 9:30 pm

dude thats so far from now

66. ninguem on March 24, 2009 at 9:02 pm

i saw brad in pic background

67. WonderG on March 24, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Dammit!

Till next year!

Haha!

It’s ok:)

Can’t rush perfection:D

Can’t waitX)

68. WookieBastard on March 24, 2009 at 8:14 pm

Tell Mr.Hahn to release something from him… the strategic synchronicity song(s?) he did, the soundtrack for The Seed… something… what is he hiding?

69. PankakeMunky on March 24, 2009 at 7:48 pm

that’s a really funny story about protools 8 and mr. hahn. yeah, you’d think you’d be the one to get protools 8 for free or something just for doing all that stuff for them. i’m glad you finally have it.🙂

honestly, i’m anticpating dead by sunrise album more than the new LP album (sorry!). i mean, linkin park is awesome and everything but hearing about chester’s album and its possible sound makes me antsy from waiting for it to be finished.

70. Anstice on March 24, 2009 at 7:19 pm

Hmm, perhaps I do this too much, but another comment that was too long to post on your site.

Read if you want. I won’t be heart broken if you don’t. =)

71. M4LL0RY on March 24, 2009 at 7:14 pm

It’s really good to hear an update on the new album. Thanks.

72. lynndarwinharris on March 24, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Awesome!!! Can’t wait!!!

73. durg on March 24, 2009 at 6:30 pm

ack!😀 so exciteddd!
    i really curious about DBS & what itll be.. cant wait for that either!😀
    man, feels like it was just yesterday everyone was so hype about MTM coming out.. that was 2 years ago?? wow, times flying. :p

74. swsrd on March 24, 2009 at 6:26 pm

They didn’t give you ProTools 8 before?LMAO..poor you
    Anyways, great update, I’m so excited. Can’t wait for the new albums~~~

75. xomusicmaniac94 on March 24, 2009 at 6:24 pm

😀 I can’t wait for the new LP album…A little disappointing, though, that it will come out sometime next year instead of this year, but that just means it will be all the more fantastic, right? I’m very curious to know if it will be similar to Minutes to Midnight or more similar to the style of ur past albums, or if it will be something completely different altogether. Whatever the style im sure i will love it..

76. Ana_ on March 24, 2009 at 6:18 pm

When they gave you ProTools 8 for you to test it, I thought that they also gave it for you to use it in your stuff… =/ Well Mike, better late than never right? Lol It’s great to know that we can buy the Dead By Sunrise record this year but… We will have to wait another year until we can buy LP new record?!😦 Can’t wait to have it!! Seems that “Minutes To Midnight” will still be my company in the car for much longer… Lol Anyway, it’s good to know that everything is going well. The hard work for sure will be rewarding!🙂 Ana

77. Janni_Loves_LP on March 24, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Hi Mike!🙂 Thank you for the update! Love to hear that you guys are working hard on making new music for us.. And don’t mind the other guys.. ;P Perfection takes time (If that’s the case, DBS better be damn good! lol, kidding) Anyways.. I like that you keep us updated once in a while… :3 Hope you have fun with this album! Can’t wait to hear it!❤ – Janni

78. LaKennyLP on March 24, 2009 at 5:16 pm

If you can’t wait… do you imagine how do we feel? xD Cheers!

-mary (spain)

79. Kaeru on March 24, 2009 at 5:13 pm

hehe i cant wait to get and hear it mike (^-^d)
    by the way why don’t you come to berlin again? -.- only 2 concerts in germany is no that mutch and boths of them be so far away! think about it😉 we have a realy delicious japanese crep store here, its sooo yummi … i go to buy some ^-^ mata ne… chotto mate.. its to late for do that T-T

80. bec on March 24, 2009 at 5:08 pm

Mike, I want to introduce you to a beautiful word – autumn – it’s one of my favourite words. It’s a word that makes you think of gently falling orange leaves and everything taking a delicate red glow. It’s calming and brings about a feeling of peace and relaxation after a hot summer, before the hyperactivity of winter.

‘Fall’ sounds physically painful and utterly emotionaless!

So, try this ‘…we’d like to have Chester’s Dead By Sunrise record out around the autumn, and the new Linkin Park record in the spring.’
    Spring? NO! we were told new LP in 2009! I’m gonna have to wait another year!!!
    Grrr at you distracting me with talk of Chester’s album we’ve been waiting decades for!!!

81. phill715 on March 24, 2009 at 5:05 pm

This will be a good couple of years.

82. pepper on March 24, 2009 at 4:49 pm

Glad you got protools!
    but DUDE!!!! Next albums next year?!?!?!?!?!? AND CHESTERS THIS YEAR?!?!?!?!?!
    can i just say baller beyond belief? Oh yeah, I just brought the alliteration!😄

83. RandomX on March 24, 2009 at 4:45 pm

great post Mike! this is totally un-related to protools, but some of my friends and I were talking about projekt revolution and we wanted to know if there is going to be a projekt revolution this year?

Thanks,
    RandomX

84. cuz on March 24, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Great post Mike! Thanks much for the update. It’s so good to know how you’re doing and how the process is going on. Joe was absolutely right, I can’t imagine how that happened that they didn’t give you ProTools 8 before, ha! Good you have it now. Hope you all enjoy the process of making new music. You probably can’t reveal any details? I’d really love to have Chester’s record soon and Linkin Park’s as well! Can’t wait to hear any new music! I’m sure it’s going to be fantastic! Have a good time working on it and let us know how the progress is🙂

85. Vixenla on March 24, 2009 at 3:56 pm

giggles Poor Mike. Mr. Hahn one-up you again. He knows this is your favorite toy and he had it without telling you. Well, glad you have it. Can’t wait for the new CD!!

86. numbrocker02 on March 24, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Great news Mike! Glad to see a studio update. Also it was cool of you to post about Chester’s album. I can’t wait for both!!!
    Also just something for you to see. http://forums.lpunderground.com/showthread.php?t=224172 Wondering if an LPU tour might happen again. A great way to promote the new album.😉

87. Maaark on March 24, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Hey Mike! I’m glad you have Protools 8 at home now. I’ve already seen you talking about it and it seems to be amazing. I make music too (nothing recorded to post on your blog though) and with Protools 8 I think the songs would sound better.

Finally some updates about the new album. I can’t wait to hear it man! You surprised me (in a good way) with MTM and now I don’t know what expect from you guys. That’s what I like in you!

Also can’t wait to listen to DBS. I’m not sure if they’ll release it in Brazil but if they don’t I’ll try to buy an American copy. Oh yea, since Chester’s coming with this new project, maybe after this LP album FM could come back too?

Have a nice day Mike!

88. NoMoreSorrowGirl on March 24, 2009 at 3:12 pm

You were pissed again!…LOL…That’s life!sometimes they forgot your hardwork and dedication and they forgot to install ProTools 8 on your computer…well, thanks to them you got it just “now”, better late than never…Is that Dave with shining head?…LOL..Can’t wait for the new album and Chester’s DBS…Take care ya’ll:))… BTW, I like your shirt wanna borrow it sometimes what’s your size?

89. lucky_cat on March 24, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Thanks for the update and good luck with the plug-ins. I wish you guys a constantly inspirational studio time, however long it takes. Even though I’m curious …

90. pat on March 24, 2009 at 2:55 pm

hi thx 4 the new about u🙂 sorry the question but what is ProTools 8? :S

91. Meteora20 on March 24, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Do you work hard? than i wish you good luck.
    Thanks for telling us. what is going on with the new LP cd.

92. rockermeg on March 24, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Hahaha!! Nice. Well atleast you have it at home now🙂
    Yay, album talk xD Work hard!
    Trust me, we are a lot more impatient than you
    Good luck, keep rockin’
    xxx

93. Ranger111133 on March 24, 2009 at 2:37 pm

AGGHHHH NOOOOO i was hoping the new album was gonna b out by summer so i could go and see you guys in concert for my 16th birthday😦 guess thats not gonna happen anymore……well at least try to get the album out as fast as u guys can. i really want to listen to it

94. NataliaForgotten on March 24, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Awww, I want to listen to this new album now! o/ I can’t wait too. Thanks for the hard work on the album!

95. PippoPappo on March 24, 2009 at 2:14 pm

I hope that the new album will sounds like a old school nu metal album! a fan went to suru and a women says to he that lp are working on a new album… (2010 date of release??) that sounds heavy! mike we love you!

96. lpstaind1226 on March 24, 2009 at 2:09 pm

i’m really excited about this news – i can’t wait to hear both albums!!!! i read somewhere that you guys have been going to a different studio every week to record. how has that been? do you get confused about where you’re going every week? ps: LOVE the hannukkah lights!!!! hugs

97. nataku on March 24, 2009 at 1:57 pm

we also can’t wait, mike !

98. ShadowerLiltani on March 24, 2009 at 1:53 pm

huggle * Wow, so like, you, out of the goodness of your own fluffy heart, did work for them, and you don’t get the consolation prize? Pft! Who needs Protools 8? You know enough about computer hardware you could prolly make your own Protools 8! Lol, I’m not being serious so everybody chill. Something serious would be if you made a whole album and WB forgot to pay you… That would suck ass. Anyways, I’m glad to hear DBS updates, although I still doubt we will see the album it’s nice to hear about it. I do kind of wonder though, if Chester is doing a solo album just cause you did, for commercial reasons. Of what I’ve heard, I’m not that excited anymore.

99. analoggirl on March 24, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Haha, what a great story! Nice to see that you’re humble enough to laugh about it. 😉

Also, thanks for the studio updates. I hope the new album showcases your growth as artists. Admittedly, 2010 is a long time to wait, but I understand that DBS needs its chance to shine. Looking forward to both releases.

100. mike_n_LP_4ever on March 24, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Okay, first of all! Angelus needs to fukin fuk off! Sheit! Damn stupid azz hata!🙂 Okay! Got dat off ma back!😛 I cant wait til next year Mike! Geez! lol But I guess… And I thought I saw someone walkin in to NRG Studios when I was strollin on Wedd. Stre-(nevermind!)….😉 Dont ask…I have ma ways…🙂

-Cati

101. Jaclyn on March 24, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Awwwww so great post! Thanx a lot for album updates! Looking forward to all your gigs, albums and arts!

102. noidea on March 24, 2009 at 1:41 pm

I don’t believe you until I can open the CD!!!! HA!!

It’s seems like you guys are always delay…………. (I thought the album will be out this year)
    However, I think I already get used to the delay forever thing.
    Anyway, really excited about Chester’s solo album, which we wait like 4 or 5 years……….
    Hope the LP album is truly going to be released early next year.

103. MS_Ineedyou on March 24, 2009 at 1:32 pm

I’m perfectly fine with waiting til’ next year for the album, the longer it takes, the better it will be !!!😀 Can’t wait !!!!! I won’t even begin to tell you how excited i am .. even though it’s next year !! haha😉 —Brooke
    P.S– Some people on here keep being jerks to you Mike, you don’t deserve it at all. I say kick their asses outta here, but thats just me. byebye😀

104. Fredolen on March 24, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Hi Mike, great news..please let me know.. how did you stereozize the tracks of Fort Minor .. Remember The Name..just sounds awesome..was it an AMS or a plug-in or whatever??? Just curious!! All the best for you and your bands..Fred

105. YuN_RoCks on March 24, 2009 at 1:18 pm

nice fish-eye shot!😀 oh and, we get it that you TOTALLY love woodman-style shirts! LOL but it’s cute!

106. Eddie on March 24, 2009 at 1:17 pm

That’s awesome Mike! I can’t wait to buy the cds, see the new artwork and hear ALL the songs. I remember my enthusiasm with Minutes To Midnight back in 2007. I want to live this again. You know, to wait to hear something new from your favorite band…that’s awesome! See ya Mike!

107. tinkerbella26 on March 24, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Well, I’m absolutely excited about the new LP album. I kinda wish it was comin out later this year because I wanna see you guys win a grammy (or 4) next year… I don’t really know the Grammy deadline, but it still would’ve been awesome to see you guys there..

Thanks for keep us updated dude……

P.S.. Sorry but some of you “fans” are embarrassing.. This is not a site to hook up.. Be respectful..

108. JessicaHarper on March 24, 2009 at 1:09 pm

aww i have to wait a year😦 oh well im sure its going to be worth it in the end
    Please keep us up to date with the recording thats all i ask😉
    Love Jess
    xo.

109. spraypaintNinkpens on March 24, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Lockjaw is classic.I knew it would take 3 plus years since it always does. Warner should let you guys do a b-side release beforehand that way you can get off their label next year and we wouldn’t have to go so long without new music! Anyways thanks for the update. Mike you might want to introduce your ms/dc remix 2 shoe, I just got them myself. Thanks for making them more accessible and cheaper; I think you really tried to make them accessible to your fans and I do appreciate that.

110. Merecy on March 24, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Hi Mike !
    I’m so excited about it , I can’t explain how much i love Linkin Park ! I can’t wait to hear the new music !!!
    Thanks for keeping us updated

Have a great day

(I hope my english is okay X.x”)

Michael / Merecy

111. lp_luva on March 24, 2009 at 12:32 pm

jeez mike way to make me cry lolzzzz =]] eeeee im so excited!!! cant wait…yayyyzz xPP ~~LP is LIFE~~ love ya mikeey >.<

112. anajr2390 on March 24, 2009 at 12:20 pm

hi mike i think that they are mean they didn’t let you keep the new Protools 8, but at least you have it now. looking forward to Chester’s Dead By Sunrise and the new Linkin Park record. the best of blessing to you and the band. with alot of love a fans

113. I_B_Long on March 24, 2009 at 12:02 pm

what happened to “DBS in spring 09 and LP in fall”? remember your post about the beatles a few weeks back? 10 albums in 7 years or something? in othr words: whats taking so long? hurry up! no more slacking off! you dont need sleep! or time off! get to work! j/k take your time! but it better be damn good for taking so long to make! sorry if my sentences arent too coherent, i got a toddler pulling on my arm wanting to play or eat or something….anyway have a good one🙂

114. ANGELUS on March 24, 2009 at 11:57 am

Why i always see that damn ring, Mike? Are you married?

I ask you because i’m not married yet. Lucky you or me ?

Ok, now my Temple of Odin have a bit of your fan. HAHA

FUCK YOU.

115. miKer0cks on March 24, 2009 at 11:50 am

O.O I’m so so happy now!!! Yeah I can’t wait for the new stuff too!!! Maybe do another sample and post it here? Please Mikey🙂 stares like a puppy😛 So you guys decided to add a producer? You’re not enough? You’re the best producer in the world Mike🙂 Ok, maybe rick Rubin again…I really like that record he did with Chilly Peppers and i dont mention MTM cause that album rocks😀 o.O Happy b-day to Meteora!!! (proud greek fan) Hihi….🙂

Anyway….Can’t wait to hear the new songs and see more from the ”Work in Progress” Thx for keeping us updated, have a great day Mike❤

PS. the new LPU vid with Rob’s revenge is awesome…so funny!!! I like it u still play pranks on each other

116. Joie on March 24, 2009 at 11:46 am

That’s great news!!!!Thanks for the updates

117. big_bad_lukas on March 24, 2009 at 11:43 am

nice
    thats the kind of news that i enjoy reading….
    more updates like this please…
    thx mike
    good luck =)

118. Madlen on March 24, 2009 at 11:36 am

I’m so excited!Two albums to look forward to…:DHahaha yay for Joe:DI hope you’ll give us some taste of the new stuff soon?Pleeeeeaseee:D

119. Obzcura on March 24, 2009 at 11:35 am

Whats your favorite plug-ins to you use?

120. Shinoda77 on March 24, 2009 at 11:35 am

Hope you release the new album in the earlier part of 2010 as you said cuz I can’t wait for it O.O your hair is adorableeee😀 :*❤

121. Curiosa on March 24, 2009 at 11:27 am

lmao They didn’t give it to you? Companies normally give people who are promoting their stuff the item. lol At least u now have it.😉 I had no idea my bro used ProTools too until he was showing me their site & started talking to me about it. lol

I don’t know if you’ve seen these but check out these vids of artists (street & graffiti): http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&vid=f16d69a6-22f1-4e38-a125-dd1dd04d05d2&playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:457cd226-eb77-42ed-9eaf-a6688dde42cf%2C54c73c96-32d7-473a-897c-aed7bf6e1f3a&from=MSNHP&tab=m137&gt1=42003

Oh & may I suggest explaining to people how the decision of where to perform works cause as Kalini said, patience has a limit. Take care.

122. bojkic on March 24, 2009 at 11:13 am

wow😀 hahaha… so they let you test it and never gave it you to use it really😀 hahahaah!

You know Mike, it means a lot to us just to hear from time to time that you are working on the record, even if you tell us we’ll have to wait for another year😀 … But we trust you guys and know you’ll do what’s best for the band and for the fans …

I hope you’ll get accustomed to your new software really fast (we all know you are a geek, so it will be in no time at all =).

Have fun with it!

Cheers man!

123. keineAhnung on March 24, 2009 at 11:10 am

haha…we can’t wait to listen to the new lp album too ;p …but I’m totally excited about dead by sunrise as well, hope chester will be touring in Europe too😀