New MS Featured Artists

April 20, 2009

Another batch of mikeshinoda.com Featured Artists! To submit your own, or vote on favorites, go to http://mikeshinoda.uservoice.com/pages/general

image
There’s something special in the raw sound of The Randals. I hope they don’t lose that. A lot of bands with a cool sound (like theirs) will, given more studio options and a bigger budget, start to make their stuff sound “more polished”–but it can be a detriment to the songs. I think they sound great.

image
I don’t normally put much stuff up that sounds like Doug Kwartler, but this guy is worth the exception. Check out “Strong” or “Simple Life.” Pretty cool.

image
OutsideR(RnR) is a rapper (or group?) from Kazakhstan. I don’t know what he’s saying, but there’s something good going on with the vocals and music. Besides, he’s got Jamie Oliver next to Dr. Dre in his MySpace friends list, so you have to love it.

1. DanMust on May 19, 2009 at 11:51 am

Mike, outsider is good, but there are a lot of peolple who raps in russian much more betterthan he like these guys
    =) if only you could understand what they are talking about

2. nillp on May 2, 2009 at 5:39 am

i liked Doug Kwartler stuff.. nice job;

have a great weekend.

mk’nil ♥

3. analoggirl on April 25, 2009 at 1:29 am

Congrats to The Randals! I like how they’re reppin’ Western, (even though I went to Mac). lol

4. July on April 23, 2009 at 9:38 am

I like Doug Kwartler.and OutsideR(RnR)are from Russia)I do not understand our rap so I do not know that to say)I will ask my friend, he understands is better.They tell about life and growing,daily routine,reality.
    listen please this

5. LeeLa on April 23, 2009 at 5:06 am

great choice so far!
    i especially liked that rapper!
    btw- here’s a video you should like:
    it’s from a german hip-hop / whatever artist and is done with animated graffiti stuff.

the song is about Berlin and it’s demerits.

enjoy🙂

6. Das419 on April 22, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Thanks for the kind words and shout out Mike,

Keep Rockin,
    David from The Randals

7. Lvix on April 22, 2009 at 10:20 am

My Favorit still is Johnny Berlin,
    Mike… If i have a Meet And Greet at Sonisphere 1 August…
    I will give you Johnny Berlin’s Album! For free of course:p

If i don’t meet you but the other band members is will give them and tell it’s for you.
    Greets,
    Lode from Belgium!

8. Chazzygirl on April 22, 2009 at 12:27 am

listen to this..

This is Apocalyptica,they from finland.I love their music.

9. cuz on April 21, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Thanks for posting another great music. I like all of them. I try to be open for all genres and I like the Doug’s style too. I like to switch the mood from time to time. It happens that right now I’m more into country and this kind of stuff. Good job with the idea of “promote yourself”, Dr. Shinoda🙂

10. Madlen on April 21, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Well I don’t really like the kind of music that Doug makes but i gotta say his songs are pretty catchy:DAnd I really liked the Outsider…I could almost understand what he’s singing…bulgarian is kinda similar to russian:)

11. Kalini on April 21, 2009 at 11:56 am

Thanks for the recommendation! It’s a nice selection. I’ll listen to some of their songs later. Good luck guys! KK

12. Maaark on April 21, 2009 at 10:40 am

I’m glad you put Doug’s music up. Never heard of this guy and thanks to you I discovered a very talented singer/songwritter. He’s one of my favorites now.

I’m wondering if you’ve already checked some Brazilian bands out… I know some unsigned bands and they’re pretty good. I’ve already told him about your website dedicated to promoting bands.

You rock Mike! Take care.

13. gilovesmike on April 21, 2009 at 5:19 am

Ok i´m going to listen this guys if you said that there music is nice…. not doubt.
    have a nice day love you, and: why you have your hair cut in the picture of the art´s meeting? in road to revolution was longer.=)

14. Eddie on April 21, 2009 at 4:08 am

Nice! I added all these guys at Myspace!

15. DinaraLP on April 21, 2009 at 2:28 am

Hi! It’s nice to see a man from KZ))))
    I’ve listened his song called “Krug Suzilsya”. it isn’t happy song, it’s about how time gets people changed. For example: “…somebody made a carrer, somebody has gets a lot of money. And somebody from my old friends dissapeard or become nothing…”
    not bad….truly but pessimistic

16. RedD_aka_Fluke on April 21, 2009 at 2:02 am

Wow! Kazakhstan! I must see it! =)
    I like this guys) Russian language mmm… Interestins songs and, of course, they aren’t without curse words)

17. ninguem on April 20, 2009 at 7:44 pm

mike, can you write some post do begginers guitarrists? i wanna buy a guitar, so i want some tips how to play, good sites with tutorials, etc i wanna play like you someday, ok, im old, almost 24, but is never too late to start play this, you is one of my role models to be a musician bye!

18. MS_Ineedyou on April 20, 2009 at 5:17 pm

I’m still on the LPU chat but i came here to see if you posted something new haha. And you did! woo!! Thanks for the updateesssssss :p Sorry still wound up. Dave answered my question😀 SOO exciting haha. Have a great day, Mike —Brooke.

19. zahra on April 20, 2009 at 4:58 pm

i just came back from LPU CHAT!!…omg he didn’t answer me,,,…..but he answered 2 of my friends….:)……..and it late 3am here sooo i’ll vote later…but thanx for that suport ….wow…and the outsiders are really cool!!!… …have a great day mike…tc….bye

20. JuniorKenji2009 on April 20, 2009 at 3:53 pm

Hi Mike, I loved the bands, I have photos of a designer of the street here in Brazil, how do I send the photos to post on your blog. He paints pictures in 3D on the sidewalk. Thanks

21. lucky_cat on April 20, 2009 at 3:49 pm

I do love OutsideR too, it’s always interesting to hear some rapping in a different language than English. Even if you don’t understand it. Mike, how is it supposed to be, when our 10 votes are out, will we get new ones? And when? It would be cool if I could vote again.

22. nurba on April 20, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Damn,RnR on MS page!Thanx,Mike.Outsider is just a member of RnR (Outsider,Pluto & ME).We trying to make a good music.🙂
    Thanx again,Mike.