New Divide Fan version

May 14, 2009

I have never seen anything like this…A fan has taken the short snippets of “New Divide” from the 30 second promo clip…and made an entire instrumental song out of it, to guesstimate what the song might sound like!

For anyone that was told this is “the demo” of the song…it’s not. But it is a nice piece of “fan music!”

Even though I don’t think “New Divide” actually sounds much like their song, I love the energy they put into it. Incidentally, the same fan / youtube user posted our actual promo video as well (below).

PS – the video went well today. Good job, Mr. Hahn.

1. ms_shock on May 17, 2009 at 5:12 am

Woo, the 32th second is cool, where Chester and the girl are like both thinking of something xD

ANd the song is nice, really.

2. tpbarbosa on May 16, 2009 at 6:14 am

I found that video too and got a little confused, thanks for clearing thing up!
    NOW I CANNOT WAIT TO FULL WATCH IT!! ahh god :p

3. BlackChester on May 16, 2009 at 5:36 am

yo mike, this “demo” is actually by a guy called xefuzion. I think he’s a genius with making from a short 30 second
    snippet such a song. But I can’t even wait for the real song, great work… And a big WOW to xefuzion

4. linkin_gear on May 15, 2009 at 9:54 pm

It’s nice that you tell us because in youtube someone say it is your song (new divide) someone say it fake… I listen that song few days ago..

thank you very much and I’m looking forward to New Divide on 18 th ^^ luv ya guys

5. Maaark on May 15, 2009 at 8:07 pm

That’s a great remix… Should I consider it an unofficial teaser? HA!

How was the video shooting, Mike?

You rock man, take care!

6. ChesingMinoda_Belson on May 15, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Hey Mike I had a question for you… (Off Topic). I plan on painting my guitar. I had saw you painted a few of your guitars and was wondering how you did it. I have looked up a few things… but your way seems much different. and I like your textures.. if you could reply to this I would greatly appreciate it man.

Respect.

7. mike_n_LP_4ever on May 15, 2009 at 5:40 pm

I was actually looking for this song yesterday on Youtube, but it ended up being the Rick Roll’d song… xDDD ! And do you have a beenie(hat…duh) on in the official trailer video ?! You look so cute ! xP I cant wait til f-in Monday for the song .๐Ÿ™‚

-Cati

PS – Did you like…delete this blog or something ? Cuz my computer froze for a good minute, and then when it came back to reality, I pulled up a new tab on here, and this blog was gone…lol . Weird .๐Ÿ˜› And your new shoes = sexy !๐Ÿ˜› If you make shoes again, can please put blue on it ?๐Ÿ˜› You dont have to tho .๐Ÿ™‚

8. lucky_cat on May 15, 2009 at 4:31 pm

Haha, XEFUZION, what a crazy story! Actually it’s not funny, but at least we have you here now๐Ÿ™‚ Good job, I like your instrumental. Makes us even more curious what the real New Divide will sound like!
    Mike, as some other people mentioned, here is definitely something wrong with your blog … was tricky to find a way to post.
    Have a nice weekend.

9. Madlen on May 15, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Some website released a 17 sec clip with vocals…and I also heard the intro you put on myspace…I have to say I’m so damn excited that I started crying when I heard it:)Anyway can’t wait for monday!!!!!btw good job to the person who made the instrumental:)

10. lp_fm_fan on May 15, 2009 at 11:47 am

sounds amazing, even though it’s not the real thing. I cannot WAIT for the video to come out. eeeeeeek, it’s gonna ROCK, especially with Chester flying! Tell Rob he should get Twitter.๐Ÿ˜‰ We’re waiting for him! ha! You should get Twitter too, hehe.๐Ÿ˜›

11. cuz on May 15, 2009 at 11:28 am

Interesting interpretation. Can’t wait for the song! And like I said before I’ve watched the trailer million times and have to limit it now, haha. Hope the video is gonna be out very soon so I won’t have a chance to piss my pants๐Ÿ˜‰

12. Lvix on May 15, 2009 at 11:17 am

I already listened to his demo! Nice work he did! I like Linkin Park fan music, even i’ve made something a few months ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ69u9YLTh8 , it’s inspired by where’d you go
    But i listen to the hole where’d you go song, and this guy really made of listening a few seconds music a hole track..

EDIT:
    But the video you have placed is made by that guy but someonne else uploaded this on youtube…
    The real person is somewhere on youtube to…

And eemz Mike, i can’t see this post if i am logged in in the LPN, only if i ma not logged in…

Greetings from Belgium,
    Lode

13. Xefuzion on May 15, 2009 at 10:55 am

Sup everyone, I’m the actual creator of this New Divide (so called demo) Remix.
    For the latest version of this track and download link (yes, the YouTube one is oudated), visit Xefuzion.com.
    And thanks mike for putting my song on your blog!.
    (EDIT)
    I would also like to note that the user you linked to is not me but someon that stole the song and uploaded it as a linkin park demo.
    My video on the other hand got marked and deleted by warner music group (I don’t even think WMG is allowed to do this).
    Also, I’m not a “they” , i did it myself with Reason 4 and a Ibanez guitar๐Ÿ™‚ .

-X.

14. Sophia93 on May 15, 2009 at 10:16 am

personalmente io penso che la canzone fatta dai fan sia molto convincente… anche se nn potrร  mai essere come qll originale dei LP!!! e poi come hanno fatto a crearne un intero demo ascoltando solo pochi secondi secondi di quella originale?!?O_o
    ovviamente io preferisco quella dei LP… perรฒ nn ce la faccio piรน ad aspettare!!! XC

15. miKer0cks on May 15, 2009 at 8:52 am

OMLP finally I get to comment you here! All day I was trying to but smth was wrong and when I signed in the LPN and got back here this post was gone! I was like ”Noooooooo!!!” Now I’m singed in with LPU! I can’t wait!!! OMLP it’s like the best b-day present ever! My perthday is today along with MTM๐Ÿ˜€ Yeah! So I consider this new song as a gift from LP for my b-day! Haha!๐Ÿ˜›

16. Ranger111133 on May 15, 2009 at 8:29 am

woah mike!!! i was just watching that and then i logged in to comment and when i did that whole post with the video in it was removed! y?O_o r u putting it back up because that fan verson of the song was amazing and i loved the short clip with the few seconds of the real song in it.
    can’t wait till the new song comes out!!
    only 3 more days!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜€

17. NoMoreSorrowGirl on May 15, 2009 at 7:49 am

Miiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeee!…I was like!…AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHH!…

I’m ok!…don’t worry.

I watch the trailer like trillion times and You guys looks like your the main character on the movie…Ugh!…it’s awesome man!

Can’t wait for May 18th to come!…I was like sssoooooooooooo I don’t know how to describe my feelings right now!….

And the fan version was so cool too :))

Hey!you look like a kidnapper on the video hehehe!

And Chester’s sooo hot!hehe!

Take care ya’ll๐Ÿ™‚

your blog got a problem fixed it Doc!…Thanks๐Ÿ˜‰

18. PankakeMunky on May 15, 2009 at 6:47 am

i’m impressed by the fan’s work. it’s a very nice instrumental and i’m sure it took a lot of time to construct something like this together. from what i heard about what “new divide” sounds like, i wouldn’t even think that this was the demo. it sounds like it has a completely different vibe than what LP did and from the little snippet that we got to hear from the clip.

19. ThePrincess on May 15, 2009 at 5:49 am

Then i can’t wait to hear the ‘ REAL SONG ‘ …anyway .. i think something wrong with your site Mike !!!

20. CuteWhiteBunny on May 15, 2009 at 2:46 am

Pretty cool. They must be talented to make something that good.

But I’m guessing that your version will be better.

3 days to go!!!

21. keineAhnung on May 15, 2009 at 1:42 am

wow that’s an awesome song! I wish I was as creative as them and was able to make such clips…but unfortunately my creativity is limited to solving math problems -.-

btw…had the same problem as zahra, couldn’t see the blog after logging in

22. zahra on May 15, 2009 at 12:38 am

somethings wrong with ur site! …i cant see the videos anymore….lol….aaaa..omg omg omg…now i cant see ur new blog(when i sign in)…but i dont know how i’m still in ur comment post thing/…lol…weird!)……..lol!!!!!….btw u were gone 4 a long time…!! must be busy AS U SAID!thats good 4 us!.lol… i hope ur looking at my comment!CUZ UR SITE STILL ISN’T WORKING RIGHT!!…..OMG I HEARD THE FANS SONG! (SOMEHOW o.O) AND OMG IT WAS SOOO COOL!!I LOVED IT!! IT WAS REALLY GOOD!!!OMG X) AND I JUST SAW THE OTHER ONE!!….BUSY WORKING ,,,,and u where wearing a hat!!!!..lol…:) i cant wait only 3 days and i’ll have the song on my top songs play list!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!A๐Ÿ™‚ X)..TC..BYE

23. Stee1baby on May 15, 2009 at 12:21 am