Fan Responses…and NEW DIVIDE SINGLE

May 17, 2009

Posted by lpfmfan: Mike, please get Twitter.😛 Or at least tell Rob to get it. xD

M: I’m not getting a Twitter account. You guys can have fun with Chester; I feel more comfortable with fewer posts. This blog works well for me…

Posted by Xefuzion, “NEW DIVIDE FAN VERSION” – My video on the other hand got marked and deleted by warner music group (I don’t even think WMG is allowed to do this). Also, I’m not a “they” , i did it myself with Reason 4 and a Ibanez guitar🙂 .

M: Glad you came here to post; good job on the music. You guys know, our band has nothing to do with those “cease and desist” notes. Sometimes WMG’s intentions are good, sometimes I don’t agree with them. This example is probably a little more of the latter variety. I think your fan version is great, especially if it’s clearly marked as a “fan remix / not official.” Next time, if you put that on the page or file, maybe they’ll leave you alone.

RE: NU METAL
Posted by B_Keppy: Mike, its just another example of people trying to label something they don’t understand or can’t get their head around.

Posted by kavana: I think Linkin Park itself is a genre now, LOL

Posted by Neem: That’s the magic of LP- they’ve evolved through the years and tapped different facets of this wonderful phenomemon called music, enriching their repertoire. Mike does have a point, it’s vexing to be pigeon-holed when you have diverse interests.

M: I was cracking up when I made that post, and when I read the comments 🙂 In case you’re living in a cave, “nu” metal isn’t exactly “nu” any more. Hybrid Theory was a nu metal album. That was 2001. BTW, the best comment under that post was:

M4LL0RY: “You’re so 2004…PWNT.”

LOL!

NEW DIVIDE COMES OUT TOMORROW! LISTEN TO YOUR RADIO FOR THE WORLD PREMIERE INTERVIEW

1. HB_DiViDe on July 13, 2009 at 9:00 pm

Mike, i was just wondering cause i know your open to different genres of music and etc., so i want to know what you think about bands such as Norma Jean, As I lay dying, and a band a little different from those styles, Ill Nino? Do you like those styles of music and out of those 3, who would you like to listen to the most?

2. Mimz_LP on June 24, 2009 at 12:56 am

i like the new song! it’s different but it’s co0l! BTW would you visit Bulgaria next year ?!

3. Ellz on May 23, 2009 at 12:22 am

How many times did you guys have to watch the movie to get inspired to record such a kick ass track. Nicely done.

4. Kerstin2802 on May 21, 2009 at 4:30 am

Hi Mike, thanks you do NOT go on Twitter!
    It has been revealed at the moment so much private by Chester and Talinda on Twitter, I do not show whether I this wanted to know!
    Please, keep to it!
    Thank you.
    I am a big LP fan, this will also not change, but on Twitter goes in my eyes to far back in the private one!!

5. HybridMask on May 20, 2009 at 3:01 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong,but you guys said you werent nu-metal back in the HT days.And at some interviews,you strictly marked it.Now you say that HT was indeed nu-metal,and it was “soooo 2004”.I’m kinda confused on which one I’m supposed to believe.I dont mean to sound rude or anything,I’m just confused,and curious.

Anyway,good luck with all the new jazz.

6. Kalini on May 19, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Mike, were you cracking up when you made this post: “I feel more comfortable with fewer posts”? I read most of the comments and found only one sincere and realistic fan comment for New Divide – Out Now, posted by Joanie LP. I agree with her and can add only – no mood and energy in the song. The song is good, but not great. Yes, it’s going to be a hit like most of the commercial hits out there. My advice is to consider the opinion of the people who listen to your music, not of the fans who collect your photos. Ni Ten Ichi Ryu One is right. You should use 100% of the potential of all of you! I expected that the video would be better than the song, so I’m waiting to see Mr Hahn’s work! KK

7. PascalK on May 19, 2009 at 9:52 am

I hate my radiostation!!
    It’s an German radio station( Stuttgart) and they didn’t play this song yesterday.
    UNtil now they playing it 2 time -.-
    i will moveing to USA😥 to hear this song in the radio …

PS: I really love New DIVIDE!
    the lyrics and the sound are really amazing…
    PS²: sorry for my worse englisch

8. GL1TCH on May 19, 2009 at 7:30 am

Mike,
    The new track “New Divide” is really awesome. I really liked the glitch syth at the 2:41 mark. I’ve been a fan for a long long a$$ time but i still feel uneasy about your new direction in sound. Ive always loved the hip-hop meets rock you guys did.
    [Any chance that’s back in the new album?]
    I never really was into hip-hop but hearing you in fort minor and linkin park helped me expand my musical ear. you never gave a lyric that was degrating or with an innuendo to hide the true meaning. you are staright with your point, and highly entertainig and talented. Either way i will always enjoy your music.

9. Ni_Ten_Ichi_Ryu_One on May 19, 2009 at 6:02 am

Mike, there are some nice moments on the track but where is Mr. Hahn? I realise that he is capable of more than scratching, but it almost feels like he is invisible on the track. Hopefully he’ll have more of a presence on this new album!
    Still on the change of LP’s direction which many of us can’t get used to, have you ever wondered whether you’d have as many fans as you do now had HT & M not been released? What about your fans who had the LP soldier inked onto their skin only to find that this symbol along with the old sound had slowly disintegrated into nothingness?
    One things for sure, I’ll never witness an unforgettable performance like this again😦 http://tinyurl.com/LPDocklnds

10. VikiKern on May 19, 2009 at 3:42 am

Great song!!!

11. evanjealous on May 18, 2009 at 8:05 pm

About the whole nu metal controversy. I started a petition for those who would like to see LP return to their nu metal roots. http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?m2msucks

12. LPmikeshinodaLP on May 18, 2009 at 6:51 pm

IT WAS AWESOME MIKE!!!
    Man, first time I heard about it, I almost fainted. Gladly, I didn’t, but I am so happy!!!
    Oh, i’m so proud of you guys!!!

13. KawaiiAngel394 on May 18, 2009 at 5:49 pm

Hey Mike Whatz Up & Hows The Tour Going. Have You Heard Of Back-On? They’re A J-Rock/J-Metal Band You Can Find They Video’s On Youtube. Seeing As You & The Band Were In Japan. I Know Good Song Called”New World.” Anway I Love You Guys & The New Song”New Divide.” It Rocks.

14. asianotter on May 18, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Honestly, I knew that you would NEVER get into Twitter. This blog/site is more your style. You maintain a certain amount of control and can say what you want to say without all the minutia of tweets coming back at you. And there is that “stalking” factor! LOL!
    New Divide is my new jam! I love it.
    NuMetal, shunumetal. Why do some people insist on trying to put artists in a nice neat little box??? True artistry comes from your soul! Is there a genre for souls now too!?! HA!

15. Curiosa on May 18, 2009 at 4:20 pm

1..Didn’t think u would & some of us are glad you aren’t cause we get 2 much youtube links here as it is.😛 We’ve also come up w/the conclusion that you don’t like free texting (twitter) either & lets face it u probably couldn’t write less than 140 characters.😛 Its only fun when Chaz replies but he’s been busy w/work & FAMILY so he’s excused.😛 So what’s ur excuse? Just kidding.😛 Actually 4 me it’s fun cause I find myself having conversations on twitter. lol & yes I can actually type less than 140 characters.

3..I still insist u were drunk at the time.😛 I agree that was the best post ever. lol

@PankakeMunky I was against twitter but now I 2 have become a twitter addict. 😦

16. Nellas on May 18, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Wow, I loved the new song!

btw, can’t Linkin Park come to Norway? :’)

17. M_Holmes85 on May 18, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I just want to say that I love the new song, actually I love almost all the songs you do, great job and I hope that the new album come soon X) (and hope that you do a tour in Brazil heheheheheheh)

Good luck!

18. Arwen on May 18, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Hi Mike!!!Yessssss, it’s nice!!!!!!Why you don’t sing too????Anyway, it’s a wonderful song!!!Can i ask you when you’ll come in Italy? We are waiting for YOU!! LoL @ big kiss

19. Vytautas on May 18, 2009 at 1:20 pm

I’ve just heart the new song on lp website and I’m speechless. It’s totally awesome! I really like the sounds and lyrics and the style of the song as a whole. Keep up the good work😉
    Now let’s enjoy the song and wait for the movie😉
    Best wishes from Lithuania!

20. RachaelLP on May 18, 2009 at 1:14 pm

The breakdown…holy shit.

21. Merecy on May 18, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Hi Mike !
    :O you read all your comments O.o” ?! Anyway
    I just listened to New Divide and i love it a lot !! Lp is Awesome !! !!! !! (!)

22. MalFUNct10N on May 18, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Mike the new song is like one of the best I’ve ever heard from you guys! Linkin Park for ever and ever! Your music is so perfect, I can’t even describe it in words!! Just damn!!! (H) rock on

23. Jelger on May 18, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Hi Mike! I really love New Divide!! Chester with is fantastic voice, brad and you with the great guitar riffs, the nice and loud drums from Rob and Joe and Phoenix on the background!
    But I’ve 1 question, when does the official video release?
    And will it be available on CD in the Netherlands?

I love it=D
    Jelger van Bruchem, the Netherlands

24. _tinah on May 18, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Mike, i’ve just listened KROQ, you and Chaz were aaaaaawesome, i loved the song, omg i can’t wait to see Transformers

I’ll have to wait for it ‘cuz i live on brazil, so the movie might get here later.. but the soong, omg, it’s really great!!
    Congratulations for all you guys
    When r u coming to brazil? We’re waiting for so long…
    Kisses Mike, take care; congratulations from all the Linkin Park’s soldiers !

25. SalmonSushi on May 18, 2009 at 1:03 pm

This song is just something like.. something new but it also has a bit of familiar linkin park sound🙂
    Im already addicted.
    Happy new Linkin Park song all! 8D

26. Janni_Loves_LP on May 18, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Oh my God Mike! :O New Divide is amazing! I was like “YEEES!!!” when I heard it!😀 Chester’s voice is just amazing in this! The drums, the riffs, the electronic part… It’s… wow!! The song is just beautiful..! Guys… You did it again…😉

27. guilhermenight on May 18, 2009 at 1:02 pm

‘New Divide’ is AMAZING! ________________________________

28. jenshinoda88 on May 18, 2009 at 1:00 pm

I’m listening to “New Divide”! is amazing !!!!!!!!!!!! very good! IS WONDERFUL !!!!!! I love the Linkin Park !!!!!!!!! You are incredible! It presents so many wonderful emotions always !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks LP!

29. Meteora20 on May 18, 2009 at 1:00 pm

HEY MIKE!!!

i wanna say: thanks so much for this awesome song. i was totally excited. i love it. great job guys. i love you:)

30. iina on May 18, 2009 at 12:59 pm

I love the song. It’s perfect. I just love it!
    New Divide was worth waiting for.

31. raggy on May 18, 2009 at 12:56 pm

New Divide ! FUCKING AWESOME GUYS ! KEEP IT UP :D:D:D!!

32. Blueraven on May 18, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Mike! I have just listened to New Divide on lp.com. It’s divine! And it came out on my 18th birthsday. All I wanted to say is: thank you! Oh, and one more thing. Is there a book about Linkin Park like Masters of Doom? If not, will you make one?

33. Marie14 on May 18, 2009 at 12:52 pm

OMG! I’ve just heard the song! IT IS GREAT! I love it❤ you guys rock! love you all !🙂

34. tpbarbosa on May 18, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I don’t know if you read my past post on the nu metal thing, but sorry if I sounded too rude, I just wanted to now how you guys labbel your own music, cause nowadays it’s very hard to put bands in a certain and only type of music.
    I mean Linkin Park is Linkin park, best definition ever, but I wanted to know it from you.
    Anyway, lol Chaz is a really funny guy on twitter, I laugh everytime I read his posts :p
    CAN’T WAIT FOR STREAM THE NEW SONG !!!😀

35. Mostafa on May 18, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Guys Open Linkinpark.com They got the count down.
    By the way Mike, Who is the genius behind that countdown meteor idea? I loved it😀
    Good luck on the new album I’m Waiting for that and its 15 mins 00 S to new divide now!!!!!

36. Leilu14 on May 18, 2009 at 12:12 pm

I thought the new single was to be released today. Is there a specific time that it will be available on iTunes?

37. cuz on May 18, 2009 at 11:59 am

Thanks for your responses, it’s always great to get ’em! Can’t wait for New Divide, it’s so close! Gonna be awesome🙂

I just heard it – it’s AMAZING!!! You did a wonderful job guys. Now I can’t wait for the score and the movie of course! Great job!

38. Stephie5 on May 18, 2009 at 10:36 am

Omgosh, Mike, New divide Song is the best!!!! I absolutely loved it!! You guys should definitely play it at the Sonisphere festival August 1st!!! Please say you will!!!

39. dutchsoldier on May 18, 2009 at 10:30 am

New style is is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Thank you guys for this beautifull song guys!!! Thank you thank you thankk you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY PERSON ABOVE! TRY: http://x1029.com/ This has an audio stream…I already heared Mike on it announcing New Divide for maybe 20 times (on tape haha ) !! Hope this helps!

Poor Linkin_Gear!

Hope you make it though! I’m also waiting with X1029 on the internet🙂 It’s 7:28 in Holland right now and I’m at work. I’ll make sure i’m stopping temporarily to listen later on ( will be hard though! I’m with security lol )

Grtz Dutchsoldier!

40. Xana_xD on May 18, 2009 at 9:51 am

Hi! I’m glad that you see our comments… Not that I expect other thing from you. Can u please tell me something Mike… I saw you on youtube in the concert in Rock in Rio 2008 and you were really enjoing it weren’t you? I wasn’t there because i’m too young. But it seemed to me that you’re having fun…
    I’m never stop listening Linkin Park… Cause you guys are awesome

From Portugal

41. linkin_gear on May 18, 2009 at 9:21 am

OMG!! now 11.20 pm in my country !!!my mom want me to shut down the computer and go to bed ( T.T ) but I want to listen new divide !!!

42. missdunno on May 18, 2009 at 9:15 am

Right now, it’s exactly 6:15 pm, and there is only 3 hours 30 minutes left to hear New Divide on the radio… I can’t wait, I’ve been thinking about it all day long. I’m so excited, I think it will be awesome!!!😄

43. Vicky19 on May 18, 2009 at 9:09 am

Hi…I’m looking forward for “New Divide”!!!I’m sure I’m gonna love it!
    Mike,have you ever thought of making an excibition of your art work here, in Athens?I love your pictures!
    New Divide is perfect!!!I hear it all the time!Well done guys!Great job!We’ve missed you!…

44. lpcrazygirl on May 18, 2009 at 8:48 am

I’m sooooo excited to hear “new divide”. I talked about nothing else today😀

Additional I have a question to you, Mike^^
    Did you hear the new album from Green Day? I bought it two days ago and I think it’s sick. Sick in a good way. I like the sound and the different melodies and styles, they worked with. If you hear the album, what do you think about it? That would interesse me🙂
    Have a nice day!

45. mandaloriak on May 18, 2009 at 8:19 am

MIKE! When think to do a tour for south america, we would be grateful very much lol, we have waited for the whole eternity xD. please!!!

46. Wotur11 on May 18, 2009 at 6:41 am

wwwaaaa today is the 18th may and it’s 8pm rite here😀 the song will be released at bout 4am the next day in my place and i hope i can be online till that time to listen to the release😀 i ve put the art as the default pic on myspace and others to promote ::DDDDDD keep rocking and remember you guys are the ones that make new genre of music not music make you guys so just do your own ways never mind people say … anyway i still miss the old days and i love LP more when hearing scratching and rapping and screaming LOl :DDD

47. vincenbob on May 18, 2009 at 6:33 am

i’m really curious it could be a dumb question but i havent really seen proof…is New Divide only gonna be a single for the transformers? or is italso a single from linkin parks upcoming album????=/

48. DinaraLP on May 18, 2009 at 5:27 am

oh, I’m looking fprward you new song if only you know how!!!!!

49. msgirl on May 18, 2009 at 4:40 am

wow….new divide….:) u know what?i love you!🙂 thanks for the new song!hey!you always answer other people´s comments…so please!answer my question:what´s your favourite movie?i know it´s stupid question.but i wanna know if you like transformers or not.
    again,thanks i will be waiting for your new song…omg i can´t sleep today….:)

50. Shinodabestfriend on May 18, 2009 at 3:25 am

I will listen to you and Chester on radio..🙂

51. Madlen on May 18, 2009 at 3:15 am

PWNED!Anyway I’ve got like 2 different online clocks just to make sure that I won’t miss the premiere:)

52. Rin_chan on May 17, 2009 at 10:32 pm

Hey MS,
    I just wanted to know if you were going to do another Fort Minor spin off? Although I prefer the sounds of Linkin Park, I did enjoy the Fort Minor saga you ventured on.

I also can’t wait for the new song. I’m sure it’ll be great.

Thanks for viewing/listening,
    Rin-chan

53. zahra on May 17, 2009 at 9:36 pm

dont get a twitter………..i’m fine with that too…lol….”nu”….i’ll remember that one hahaha,…..omg i need to wake up 12:30 this midnight to hear the song!!!…omg omg i cant wait!!! and Xefuzion’s mix was sooooo real i cant stop listening to it!!…CANT WAIT 4 NEW DIVIDE !!!…TC…BYE

54. iFly55 on May 17, 2009 at 9:23 pm

I’m advent LP fan for many years. This new single is definitely going to be on replay for months to come.

I’m just confused as to when the single will be available on iTunes? I stayed up counting the minutes to midnight (excuse the pun) but no updates at iTunes. @ LinkinPark.com it says 15 hours left till the online premiere of the single. Is the online, radio, iTune versions premiering in sync?

I’ve been following Chester’s Twitter he said you guys were rocking in a tomb in Egypt. Can’t wait to see the Haun’s music video!

Thanks for your music! And thank you very much for this blog. It allows the fans to be much more connected w/ LP!!

55. CuteWhiteBunny on May 17, 2009 at 8:53 pm

Can’t wait for New Divide!
    1 day left…

56. NeViEL_47 on May 17, 2009 at 8:48 pm

wow… that was great… i think that was the real New Divide instrument song that will come out soon… huuuhh… hmmm… but i also made a fan made song, linkin park style music. n for u mike, hope u can view this video…. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8sV3kU5TMg&feature=channel_page

57. NoFace on May 17, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Thanks God that you will stick with your blog instead of twitter (as I expected). Half of the time, certain people on Twitter would make you go ‘How about a cup of STFU?’ HALLELUJAH! Also you need someone to mod your comments. They’re getting more annoying and at some point, disturbing😦
    And then there are people who are pissed off even tho they DO live in a cave. Getting a joke: you’re doing it wrong. Srsly…
    O man I still can’t get over the joy that you won’t join Twitter yet. Fcuking respect!

58. Maaark on May 17, 2009 at 7:45 pm

Hey Mike. It’s so cool that you answered some fans questions. Maybe one day you’ll answer one of my posts as well. HA!

Now I get that nu is not nu anymore. And I think I made a serious post about that. That’s so mean man. HA!

I can’t wait to listen to New Divide! It sucks I can’t buy it on Itunes. You can only listen to a ‘preview’ on the Brazilian Itunes Store, and I can’t access the American one.

Hey Mike, do you watch Prison Break? I’ve just watched the last two episodes of the series and I’m still in shock… It’s something that makes you think like “Shit I can’t believe it”. So random I know but if you watch it maybe you’ll get what I’m saying.

You rock man!

59. NataliaForgotten on May 17, 2009 at 7:23 pm

OMFG, ” …”nu” metal isn’t exactly “nu” any more.” I just can’t believe I didn’t notice that and made a half-serious post, haha! And Twitter is for maniacs, everyone is making it; Liam Gallagher, Chester, his wife, his ex-wife, Barack Obama… Happy you’re safe.🙂 Can’t wait to hear New Divide tomorrow.

60. ThePrincess on May 17, 2009 at 7:17 pm

OMG … I can’t believe you still talk about ‘THAT STUPID NU METAL THING’ .. you know what .. why don’t you actually explain to us what type of music that you’re play at this time huh !! SO PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN CAVES AS WE ARE NOT FUCKING CONFUSE doc !! ( wow .. I just realize that you’re indeed .. MR NICE GUY btw .. ) !!! beside that any type of music that you’re play .. the most important is people still want to listen your songs right ?? .. now i think .. FUCK “nu ” metal isn’t exactly “nu” any more…

61. ZackFair on May 17, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Really cool Album art. Kudos to whoever did it. Red and blue… shouts Optimus!

62. crystalrussianla on May 17, 2009 at 6:46 pm

ok mike 1st off i love you so much your my life but i have to say those white and green shoe’s
    are realy ugly so sorry

and i cant wait to here the new song very excited!

and am i the only one that dont and dont no what twitter is lol love you mike t.t.y.l

63. Dori on May 17, 2009 at 5:55 pm

Aw, Mike, you don’t know what your’re missing! lol Chester leaves the most random Twitter posts sometimes! lmao It’s probably better you don’t join us there, some of the girls are crazy (not me, tho!!!)! lol

64. Fox on May 17, 2009 at 5:25 pm

I really can’t wait to see the video. I’ve seen some of the pictures and it seems like you guys are having fun. Can’t wait to hear the song, either.

65. Ana_ on May 17, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Can’t wait to hear the song… I’m so excited!😀 Ana. *

66. lucky_cat on May 17, 2009 at 4:59 pm

LOL, SoUneik, you know what the difference is between me and you? I needed almost half an hour to find a decent translation for “PWNT” and to get in the context … and RAZTORITSUKI, don’t worry, I don’t have an itunes account too. You know who I am ? I’m the one who’s living in a cave😉

67. lJLeeRSX on May 17, 2009 at 4:34 pm

Mike Shinoda, would you be mad if New Divide was leaked onto the internet?

68. Lidiam01 on May 17, 2009 at 4:16 pm

YEAH TWITTER IS KINDA STUPID SO ITS OK.

WOW!! I CANT WAIT!

69. M4LL0RY on May 17, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Wow, thanks for the acknowledgment.🙂

In my opinion, Twitter is ridiculous. I don’t blame you for not getting one. It’s just stupid…

Edit: You know, I just realized that sometimes you use an alias just like L does in Death Note. One of my favorite anime series.🙂

[Lol, that was completely random…]

70. durg on May 17, 2009 at 3:53 pm

haha😄 screw twitter, get a plurk :p

71. NoMoreSorrowGirl on May 17, 2009 at 3:20 pm

I know you won’t get a Twitter account.

” I feel more comfortable with fewer posts.”…OK!

What if the reqiurements of this blog is to post not less than 10 post per day or else it will goin’ to shut down forever what will you do?…LOL…

Will you goin’ to go up on stage if ever you win a Grammy for Best Nu Metal Rockband 2009?

Does your knees hurt when you jump up and down during concert!?…LOL…I’m watching Live in Texas for ten thousand times…

Can’t wait for New Divide…peace🙂

Ow!it’s 18th here already…were the hell can I hear it?

72. keineAhnung on May 17, 2009 at 2:55 pm

didn’t expect you to join twitter, as you have this blog already🙂 …of course it’s fun reading all those posts on twitter, but the problem is that you can’t give your opinion on anything on there…140 characters are just too short to say something really interesting

73. YuN_RoCks on May 17, 2009 at 2:49 pm

what WBM did is incredible, I don’t want to believe that they actually did it. when the hell is your contract going to end?!?! PS. any consideration about new GREEN DAY album? like it?

74. cages on May 17, 2009 at 2:29 pm

22 hours 16 minutes to New Divide……yeahhh LP4ever

oh…i dont like Xefuzion , "NEW DIVIDE FAN VERSION" because LP Version is The best!!

75. SkyOlker on May 17, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Looks like Chester got a little bit tired of Twitter. He doesn’t post and response that often anymore.🙂 But it seems like ladies feel pretty good out there. :))
    I like your blog. It’s nice and informative.
    Excited about new song and movie too.🙂

76. soyuneik on May 17, 2009 at 2:18 pm

lol, yea that WAS a good one “PWNT”. But ya know, my cryptographic enigma shit always wins. I loved how the Nu metal post seemed more like a Final Fantasy Summons.
    CoughChocobo…What?
    @Lucky_Kat: lol! Pfft. I had to look it up too, homie chuck.

77. mike_n_LP_4ever on May 17, 2009 at 1:55 pm

I already heard a part with Chester singing in it: “So give me reason, to prove me wrong; to wash this memory clean .” That’s all I understood tho . I cant wait til tomorrow !!!🙂 Im gunna listen to KROQ .🙂

-Cati

PS – Mike’s too cool for Twitter .😛

78. bec on May 17, 2009 at 1:51 pm

It’s great that you’re not twitter jumping on the twitter bandwagon – you’ve done the message boards posting and now have this blog that you don’t really need another way to communicate with the fans. It starts fun but gets really annoying. And in Chester’s case if he was planning to use twitter as a base for promoting his solo stuff, he’s not going about it well as his followers are more interested in his women and kids…I’m guessing the LinkinLady staff are having daily orgasms!

79. yelissrock on May 17, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Hello. Mike please help me find a book of painting technique and other of drawing technique.
    BTW- I like the new song New divede it’s great.

80. Lidia on May 17, 2009 at 1:47 pm

hey guys I can’t wait for new divide..I hope you’ll put the video tomorrow or one of these days..probably tonight I won’t sleep because I’ll be thinking of you,LP… so thanks for these great news and sorry for my bad english but I must say what I think of you..you all are my life,I think I should write this post on lp’s network but I’ll think nobody will read it there so I post here!!thank you for the emotions you give us and don’t stop doing it ^^ bye bye😀

lidia (italy)

81. Xefuzion on May 17, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Thanks for the awesome reply Mike.
    PS: the video, title and description both said it was a remix made by me .
    The guy you linked on your blog actually didn’t do that , wich seemed to confuse alot of people including me.

PSS: will there be a Instrumental or Acapella version of new divide? (vinyl or sampler?) ^^.

82. splitmyDNA on May 17, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Can’t wait to hear “New Divide” it’s sure to be an ass kicker! Just wondering what you think of WMG’s message concerning your new song “New Again”, which is what it’s called apparently. Sad to see your label so out of touch with your music and yourselves as an entity, yet happy to cease and desist Xefuzion. Then again, without WMG, a lot of things would be different for you guys. It must be a really difficult situation. Anyway, on that point, with your new record there have been a few mentions of it and they’ve all sounded very concept album-like or a new method of delivery/representation. What gives you guys the drive and creativity after all these years still?

Xenunti (United Kingdom)

83. ThaCold on May 17, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Your music just makes me wanna become a rapper even more and more now. Can’t wait for the new single. BTW, any suggestions on how I can get signed to a label? I haven’t created a demo yet, but I’m starting to write some songs for it. Let me know, man. Email: thataziankid@yahoo.com

84. MAGS on May 17, 2009 at 12:52 pm

when will debut the video of this song?
    I hope it will be soon!

85. _Bianca_ on May 17, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Mike, I admire you. You post a ‘responses to fans’ entry just when we’re all really asking a question and you completely ignore it, this way very politely telling us to stay out of your business. I’m not being sarcastic, I really admire it. Just not saying anything is polite and very effective, people will stop talking because there’s nothing to talk about. You do this often and I know If I was you, I wouldn’t survive it. I’d explode and tell people to shut up because it was none of their business or that I wasn’t going to comment on it xD

86. NeneLP88 on May 17, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Chester chose to get his ass and his family on Twitter. It’s fun, indeed! It’s fun ’cause we get to know how his wonderful life is (with no stalking purposes, just curiosity and love, ha). But on the other hand Twitter is a huge mess! :O Fans can be really annoying and boring at times.. I found someone telling him he’ll buy the new cd. I was like “Dude, I guess he doesn’t give a crap!”. So.. We’d love if you did it too, but you already have this amazing blog in which you can post stuff way more interesting than a 140chars “what are you doing?”. =)

For what concerns New Divide premiere.. What if we are poor European fans?? Radio? Internet broadcast? I can’t wait

Lots of love❤

87. MichaelFromGermany on May 17, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Ahh I can’t wait for tomorrow …will it also release in europe tomorrow?? Well I hope so^^

88. big_bad_lukas on May 17, 2009 at 12:04 pm

mike, why the hell is warner saying new linkin park song called “NEW AGAIN”
    their website says that :S

89. LPfeather on May 17, 2009 at 12:02 pm

argh, first can you make an on/off mode for the background music when we comment? I can’t listen to my music T.T

And go on twitter if you wanna get stalked everytime lolz. I understand you, you made the right choice.
    Chester is very patient for that, he’s the man.

90. nikkiann0100 on May 17, 2009 at 11:47 am

Awesome. cant wait to hear the song and the interview as well. Its only on the radio?

91. pat on May 17, 2009 at 11:41 am

Hello Mike ^^, please respond more often to the fans is important to us: D

I have a question: I began to write lyrics for songs just for me, but sometimes can not finish them, what you do and the lp when this happens you (if it happens to you)? byebye kisses Pati …

ps: i’m really excited for tomorrow I hear the New Divide that will be good, so I give you now the congratulations🙂🙂

92. lp_fm_fan on May 17, 2009 at 11:40 am

hahahahah, tell Rob then? I know Talinda asked him to! I thought, and pretty much everyone, knew you wouldn’t get a Twitter account, because you already have a blog…but it was worth trying! I love reading Chester’s tweets, or is it twits?(lol, sounds funny). At first I didn’t realize what was the big deal but then it was greaat, I’m addicted thanks to Chester and Talinda, lol.

edit: I don’t even know how to completely use Twitter, lol…can’t get the “terminology” right. Oh and Chester’s twitter is epic amazing-ness.

93. Mindfreak191 on May 17, 2009 at 11:35 am

Aaaaaa just 24 hours and the new song is here!!! Still can’t wait😀

94. DRUMMERDALZIEL on May 17, 2009 at 11:32 am

Ahh, more fan responses from mike. Makes us all feel included, though I feel bad I never have anything worthwhile to say. xD
    Although, one question; I think I’ve mentioned this before, but is there any chance that the other guys e.g. Rob or Brad or Joe etc. will put up blogs similar to yours? Feels as if those guys live very underground lives compared to you, yet they are just as interesting I’m sure.😛

95. Mercury on May 17, 2009 at 11:26 am

Man, this song has really been kept on lock – I hoped it would have leaked by now, but oh well. On with my day.

96. PankakeMunky on May 17, 2009 at 11:13 am

i have a feeling that if mike gets a twitter, he’s worried about being addicted just like chester and the bennington crew… i thought twitter was stupid at first and i just joined, now i’m a twitter addict. someone needs to start a twitter rehab place soon.

97. bojkic on May 17, 2009 at 11:01 am

hey, mike!😀

don’t get twitter😀 it’s pretty boring IMO. you are fine off with your blog! however, we are going to try to make New divide a trending topic on twitter… so everyone should include the name of the song (New Divide, obviously) and tag #newdivide in their tweets today and tomorrow!😀 It would be awesome if we make it! SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

Can’t wait to hear the song! Keep safe,

Bojan SERBIA

98. Elsie on May 17, 2009 at 10:51 am

good job LINKIN PARK!😛
    we chinese fans are looking forward to the new song!

99. lpstaind1226 on May 17, 2009 at 10:51 am

re: twitter – ok. that’s good w/me! (the 160 character limit would probably get annoying after a while lol)
    re: new divide – woohoo!!! when will this interview be broadcast, and on what stations? is it just KROQ doing it? (sorry for the incessant questions, but interviews = awesome!)

100. ANNA_02 on May 17, 2009 at 10:37 am

Hi, me too can’t wait for your leaving.

GET OUT OF MY LIFE.

101. MS_Ineedyou on May 17, 2009 at 10:32 am

Mike i have a really important question. Okay, i heard the little snippet of New Divide in the LPU news, and it really sounded like What I’ve Done. Kinda a lot. The guitar riff anyway cause i haven’t heard the vocals. Since What I’ve Done was the single for the first movie, did you try to make New Divide sound like What I’ve Done for the second? To maybe keep it ongoing?? Cause me and some other LPUers were wondering. Thanks!🙂 Can’t Wait for New Divide and Transformers 2 btw🙂 —Brooke.

102. Anna_The_Divide on May 17, 2009 at 10:22 am

Wow, what else is hotter than this shit?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You make me, happy soooooooooooo much….I’m MIKE”S WIFE WE HAVE A BABY, HE IS A DADDY, sorry if it’s so true….we do ALL of this for our future….THANKS you guy so much.

103. Mordor on May 17, 2009 at 9:59 am

hey mike😀 I’m really exited about the new song, can’t wait to hear it… Nice responses, it’s great, that you answer questions of your fans😉

Btw: here is the link to the LPN site of a really talented girl from Austria. Her drawings are great! http://spraypaintandinkpens.linkinpark.com/

104. RazToritsuki on May 17, 2009 at 9:56 am

Yo…
    I dno wah all da fuss it bout twitter… i fink dat fing is crap- no offence 2 ne1 dat uses it…. (O_O)
    omg… yh i memba dat nu-metal debate… n yh… it was a debate… fukin hell… ppl take fings str8 2 hart its crazy…
    neways… YES NEW DIVIDE… made a itunes account jus 4 it!! dnt ask y i ddnt hav 1 b4… its embarasin… :S
    i hav a vision… “New Divide- the most incredible song ever released and has been at number 1 for 2 months before LPs new song was also released, and that has topped it”… wadyu fink? 100% accuracy?…
    18th May… day of New Divide n also…- my GCSE exam… nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!…
    Raz…

105. Arislp on May 17, 2009 at 9:48 am

i’m going to army tomorrow morning…so i’m not going to listen to your song…i’ll get to it after 2 weeks..(for me it’s a nightmare)

so i just wanted to say congrats guys only from previews i know that the song is GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

looking forward to hear it….you don’t know how much forward i’m looking..;)

greetings from Greece…

106. rockermeg on May 17, 2009 at 9:40 am

Hahahaha…you said LOL🙂
    “You guys have fun with Chester”:/ he doesn’t post himself any more! Can you tell him to just check in…please???
    Oh that’s on Blogger BTW; I don’t have Twitter but I think it’s interesting how fast it became such a huge fad.
    THERE’S AN INTERVIEW???????!!!!!!!??????? whaaaaaaat?????
    Damn…the only decent music channel is only available north of Milton Keynes: “Kerrang!”:/ damn them.
    Can’t wait
    xxx

107. Eddie on May 17, 2009 at 9:40 am

I’m so happy to read the responses!!! The song that the fan made was very good work!!! CAN’T WAIT FOR TOMORROW
    !!!! NEW DIVIDE!!! BTW Chaz didn’t answered me in Twitter what he prefers, Autobots or Decepticons….. :-((( Take care Mike!!!! When I comment again, I will have heard New Divide!!!! So Happy!!!🙂

108. jamblyn on May 17, 2009 at 9:37 am

Mike – The library at the Unversity of Iowa just put up a display called “Human Experience in Popular Films and Songs” – it includes Kenji! There’s an online page too that mentions it: http://guides.lib.uiowa.edu/spotlightpopularfilmsandsongs

Evidence of your impact in academia Dr. Shinoda.

109. miKer0cks on May 17, 2009 at 9:33 am

OMLP first comment! What an honor😀 Great post Mike🙂 Nice responses! I would like you to take a quick look at this🙂 i don’t know this guy but what he wrote was awesome🙂 it has to do with your speech at Art Center🙂 http://yancanwrite.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/a-word-from-mike-shinoda/

And these are some stuff I did🙂 Hope you like them…http://linkinpark.com/post/member/EvoOba/all/newartmikesstyle2-1 (I’m sure you’ll recongise 2 of them)😀 The previous ones I’ve done are better but anyway…You’ll be the judge😉

Have a great day🙂 Waiting for tomorrow is killing me!!! I’ll get to hear New Divide at 11pm! I hate time difference!😛