New Divide Lyrics

May 18, 2009

NEW DIVIDE
LYRICS BY MIKE SHINODA AND CHESTER BENNINGTON

I remembered black skies / the lightning all around me
I remembered each flash / as time began to blur
Like a startling sign / that fate had finally found me
And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve

So give me reason / to prove me wrong / to wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross the distance in your eyes
Give me reason / to fill this hole / connect the space between
Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies
Across this new divide

There was nothing in sight / but memories left abandoned
There was nowhere to hide / the ashes fell like snow
And the ground caved in / between where we were standing
And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve

So give me reason / to prove me wrong / to wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross the distance in your eyes
Across this new divide

In every loss / in every lie
In every truth that you’d deny
And each regret / and each goodbye
Was a mistake too great to hide
And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve

So give me reason / to prove me wrong / to wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross the distance in your eyes
Give me reason / to fill this hole / connect the space between
Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies
Across this new divide

1. Anon on March 17, 2010 at 12:47 pm

isnt the part That i get what i deserve it is actually did i get what i deserve?

2. paula on February 13, 2010 at 9:26 am

ale super blog mike shinoda🙂

3. Ivoric Adricks on January 19, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I love the song.

4. xaratherus on July 20, 2009 at 7:35 am

Definitely love the song, especially the synth/guitar bridge – a perfect fit for Transformers.

One question: The transition into the bridge after the second chorus sounds a bit chopped – I guess it just sounds a bit weird having only the first 3 lines of the chorus in there. Was this just a variation or was there something else there originally that got left on the cutting room floor?

Anyway – I love the progression your sound has made, and anyone who lost faith in you over Minutes to Midnight doesn’t understand that artists need to evolve and change. Keep making great lyrics!

5. VVP on May 27, 2009 at 11:36 am

Big thanks for this gift guys! The song is really beautiful…no no its just something awesome! I want to see the clip so much!

6. vampki55 on May 25, 2009 at 2:12 pm

wow…intense lyrics that needless to say makes one think what u guys were thinking about just to write it down on paper or wall…lol

7. Xyron on May 24, 2009 at 9:15 am

Hey Mike ! Didn’t exactly know where to post it, so I’ll post it all over your blog then:D

I wonder if I could ask a little favor from the band and ask you to make another bigger European tour like you did in 08
    I live in Estonia (1 of 3 Baltic countries) and I was in your concert in Riga Arena. I would be really thankful if you would tour again either in Latvia or Estonia because I really really really want to see you guys live again!

So my email is siimkirpson@hotmail.com , let me know whether you’ll do it🙂 and when🙂

BTW New Divide is the BEST!

8. Hawaii_LP_fan on May 23, 2009 at 11:02 am

Three words, LOVE this song! Mad props to you and Mr. Chester!🙂

9. Sharka on May 22, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Hi Mike!! I was really waiting for your next song for very long time and now it is great to hear about you again!!!!!LP the best..bye

10. Joanna on May 22, 2009 at 12:39 pm

why does the beat of this song and the background music remind me of the U2 & Green Day song…the saints are coming…..

11. BrazenEntity on May 22, 2009 at 5:03 am

MY “CHANT” COMMENT…. JUST CAUGHT THAT, MY SOULMATE… YOU ARE AS IN DEBT TO MY HONOR AS I AM TO YOUR SHAME. I BEG, WE SCREAM, FOR HONOR WE REIGN (!) I SUGGEST, IF YOU HURT MY HUSBAND ONE BIT- YOU SELLOUT TO ME NOW, OR I SHALL DETECT IT. YOU STOOPID LITTLE MITES, YOU’LL NEVER HAVE MINE- HE WON’T GIVE YOU HIS SOUL, HE HASN’T THE TIME… DO YOU KNOW HOW EVIL, HOW MUCH YOU HAVE COST- MY HONOR IS WORSHIP, HE SHOWS ME WE’VE NOT LOST… I MARRIED HIM OFF, IN A TRANCE OF BENJI MADDEN’S DISHONEST LOYALTY TO GAS GUZZLING FUCKING STUPID FUCKING CARS THAT MIKE WAS FORCED TO BUY- AND YOU FUCKING SHAMED HIM- AND YOU CURSED ME, BECAUSE, I AM ALREADY FAMOUS BEYOND WHAT YOU WILL EVER KNOW IN THIS LIFE…T

12. Ezza on May 21, 2009 at 11:44 pm

wow completely different from M2M, it sounds a little depeche mode-ish/ julien-k ish but still LP🙂 not what i was expecting even tho im really not sure what that was in the first place lol. keep up the surprises

13. MissDee on May 21, 2009 at 1:12 pm

my favourite part of the song is
    ‘And your voice was all I heard
    That I get what I deserve’🙂

14. emaruk on May 21, 2009 at 11:18 am

heey Mike! the songs ‘New Divide” and the lyrics are amaizing! (like everything from Linkin Park ^^)
    well, I found in the web ‘Numb’ backwards, with lyrics…it sounds first weird but then it makes sense!Was that intention? That it make sense for and backwards? anyway LP is the best😀

here’s the link:

15. XLPF50X on May 21, 2009 at 11:09 am

Mike you should give us the guitar tabs for the song as well……..

16. lp_lucia on May 21, 2009 at 9:19 am

Hy Mike! I’ve heard the new song, New Divine, it’s sounds a lil’cool, but I hope to see more dialogs between you and chester in the next songs. try to comunicate, not so much solo.

17. Leconte on May 21, 2009 at 6:55 am

Hi Mike! I’m so glad to see the lyrics so soon! Wow, you guys are awesome! Now that I repeatedly listen to New Devide, I feel the song is getting closer to me. All LP songs are reliable and strong against live performances, making arrangements, and our repeated listening…like you guys! New Devide will be no exception. Congratulations on your success!!

18. kavana on May 21, 2009 at 5:30 am

Hey Mike,
    New Divide is an amazing song. Brilliant if i may say! The song goes really well with the Transformers movie theme. As always, you guys have brought the best of the best in this song🙂 The lyrics and the music really stand out. To put it simply, Another Classic and Original Linkin Park song! Keep rocking you guys. Now i can’t wait for video to come out🙂

19. Sleepy on May 21, 2009 at 12:02 am

You should try to be like Nelly and create two albums.
    One for your new experimental sounds, one for your fan-favourite rapcore.
    That’ll keep everyone happy.
    Anyhow I love this song.
    My only sincere disappointment is : no guitar solos from Brad.
    Cuz the song sounds a little hollow after the second chorus.
    But once again another great song!

20. ShannonLea on May 20, 2009 at 6:56 pm

I’m so glad you guys continue to grow and evolve. I do love the old stuff, but I love the new stuff just as much. Why anyone would want you guys to make the same album over and over again is beyond me. I guess it can be difficult for some to adapt to change. Keep up the great work, and keep growing.🙂

21. LPFizzo on May 20, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Hey Mike congrats on the new song success i love it BUT one question…why dude why….like i love it i loved minutes to midnight but i love old LP better and i know you guys are going for a sound but PLEASE i beg you to keep that LP sound like reanimation and keep your rap and Chesters scream and Joe’s totally sick mixes just for at least one album it hurts me to see how many people don’t like you guys anymore but on the other hand great song

LOVE YOUR BIGGEST FAN EVER

22. tinkerbella26 on May 20, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Ok Mike, I have to say this…. I think New Divide is awesome.. And I’m not just saying this because I’m a LP fan and I have to like everything you guys do. That’s just not the case. You guys are sooooo amazingly versatile it’s sick!! I’m really looking forward to the new album (and Transformers, of course)!! Keep up the good work!

P.S. Do you ever get tired of people asking for the “old” LP back? I know I do…

23. rebellious_mind on May 20, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Hi mike! Hi guys! Thanks for the song! GUYS!! You are the best songwriters and musicians!! BUT!!! In my opinion, this song is something medium between “valentine’s day” and “what I’ve done”…I’m your fan since 2001 and before you go crazy please, try to understand me. You’ve done a great progress from “hybrid theory” till “m2m”, and I hope that you’ll continue you progress!! I’m not disappointed but I was expecting something different. Chester’s voice is amazing like in every song! guys!Your music is the best as usual! Good job! But you can do better! Waiting the new album! PS sorry for my English)

24. hybr1d3d on May 20, 2009 at 10:47 am

The worst of the worst is when it comes to local printings, I mean, for certain countries,
    you will find a lots of wrong spellings! Urgh!

anyway, thanks for the official lyrics Mike

25. waie_91 on May 20, 2009 at 10:39 am

I love the song and thus the lyrics🙂 from my experience, this song are quiet different compare to any other song you guys composed and the outcome are surprising!!!! I waited for the video to come out in Asia!! keep rockin’ guys =)

PS: Sorry about my english… (lol)

26. zimminator on May 20, 2009 at 9:42 am

wow. i love this song! its sooo cool! i love chesters voice so much🙂 its so nice. it seriously calms me deep inside. all of lps music does. but i cant get enough of this song🙂 good job. cant wait to see tranformers and how good you guys did with hans zimmer!!!

27. skindesbous on May 20, 2009 at 9:39 am

It’s been a really long time since I don’t post any coments here, but this made me took a break studing to write something🙂 I love the new song, I feel something I hadn’t felt since Meteora, that is that I want to listen to the song over and over cause I discover something new everytime. I love how Rob plays on this song, hope the new album is, at least, like this. In the other hand, I miss a lot listening to your voice, I think it would be better if you sang more on the new album that on MTM, but that’s just my opinion🙂 Hope you guys are having a great time in the studio Waiting for the video =D!

28. qwertz on May 20, 2009 at 8:33 am

whoop, typo! a mistake too great to hide, right?
    you’ve been LOLing a lot lately, good sign^^
    so, when’s the video coming out? the song is cool, but i’m more excited about the video.
    smashing mega-robots + a cave in Egypt + a cool song + new, cutting-edge visual technologies + the incredible Mr.Hahn = caaaaaandyyyyyy :slurp:
    oh, and will there be a physical single of New Divide or will it be (CD-wise) available only on the OST album?

29. _Bianca_ on May 20, 2009 at 8:33 am

I like it, it’s great to sing along to🙂
    It does sound quite calculated though, slick and a little trite. Then again, it’s a soundtrack, it has to go along with a movie I haven’t seen, yet and has to appeal to a broad audience which it certainly will. I assume you’re sick of hearing it, but I’d really like to hear you rap or even sing more on the next album.

30. Sophia93 on May 20, 2009 at 7:53 am

I really think that this song seems a new version of What I’ve Done… and for this reason I love it!!! Really, I was expecting something like this… but in the next album I would want to listen something like the songs of Meteora… obviously if you want and if you can… However, New Divide is an amazing song!!! I heard it about 70 times in just one day and I already know it whole!!! thank you guys for this beautiful song and good work for the making of the video!!!
    LOVE Sofia!

P.S.: Unfortunately, I don’t succeed to write in your language all the things that I think in italian… I have some difficulties of expression!😄 and thanks Mike for the lyrics!!!!!!

31. drshinoda1 on May 20, 2009 at 7:44 am

woooooooooooooooooo i love this song the lyrics are great (pepole who say it is like what i have done too much fuck them the is coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool)

32. Gabry94LinkinParkfan23 on May 20, 2009 at 7:34 am

omg Mike New Divide is so cool!!!! i headr it the first time on Kroq qand i was like.. OMG😄 its awesome, really🙂
    You guys did a great job on it, musically and lyrics🙂
    I love it, congrats!!!🙂
    take care and have a great day Gabry

33. HarryK on May 20, 2009 at 5:22 am

Well Mike, thanks to you guys for creating this sweeeeeeeeet song! I listen it whole day..24 hours…sweet! This song has given me some encouragement to do well in exam!! And the result..? SWISH! Perfect! Thanks LP and this amazing song!

34. linkin_park_rock on May 20, 2009 at 4:43 am

I’m with AlfaSpirit THE SONG IS THE BEST SOO If you don’t LIKE HUR F**k Off

35. sassi_lp on May 20, 2009 at 3:51 am

I love it, but obviously you can never make it right to everyone out there and please don’t ever try to do so because then you loose track and don’t write to the best of your abilities.

How many rewrites did this one have? 300 something???

36. AlfaSpirit on May 20, 2009 at 3:50 am

Hi Mike! What are you talking about people? For me . New Divide is the best song so far from LP. I hope that the new album will be good as this song … And lyrics … they are perfect for the movie …

37. AnjaN on May 20, 2009 at 12:57 am

Really, I can’t understand you guys. This song a dissapointment? Well I guess that you all’d do way better, if it was up to you to create a song… Anyways. Mike, I really honor you as a great songwriter and musician. This song fits totally to TF II !! – By the way, to everybody out there, claiming that this is the sequel of “What I’ve done” – So what? It’s a “SEQUEL- Song” for a “SEQUEL-Movie”, isn’t it?! Thumbs up! Can’t wait to buy your next album – And by the way, when will the video for “New Divide” be released?
    regards from Germany!!

38. evanjealous on May 19, 2009 at 11:20 pm

The song’s lyrics are alright but compared to the other LP songs, the new divide lyrics aren’t all that great. “So give me reason”. No offense but that chorus actually makes you guys sound uneducated. It should be “So give me a reason”. Most of the lines don’t rhyme and don’t fit the melody very well. When it comes to lyrics, I’d say What I’ve done has the best and most polished lyrics. I’m not saying I hate this song, its just not as good as other LP songs.

39. Rose_ChazyChaz on May 19, 2009 at 10:36 pm

I have to agree with LEGAN24. It really seems a new version of What I’ve Done. I was expecting something different, but I am not disappointed. The music is great! Chester is amazing and I love him sooo much, but I think it could be better if you were singing too. Anyway, listen to LP is always a pleasure! Good job, Mike, Chester, Rob, Joe, Phoenix and Brad! Kisses from Brazil….:)

40. lostwithoutwings on May 19, 2009 at 9:38 pm

have you seen how many pages on youtube have uploaded the song? its disgusting. wheres WBG now?
    i bought it from iTunes & lovin every minute of it.❤

41. Viki on May 19, 2009 at 6:51 pm

I love this new song! I can’t wait to see the Transformers 2 and I can’t wait to have your new album! Love you all guys!

42. Kareine on May 19, 2009 at 6:51 pm

Hiya Mike !
    Great job <33 !
    I love it .

43. Legan24 on May 19, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Sorry, but the song title should have been “What I’ve Done Part 2.” How can this be called a new song? Maybe this song is appropriate since its for the Transformers sequel. Now before you go crazy, understand that I am a longtime fan (since 2000). I’ve been to many LP concerts and have learned to play their songs. Trust me, they are in my top 5 bands but this song was a disappointment. I was excited to see their progression between Meteora and M2M, and was hoping for something further along in that progression. I will still buy ALL of their future albums.

44. pepper on May 19, 2009 at 2:32 pm

I love it Mike I absolutely love it!!!!!!It’s on loop at the mo’ lol. Such great producing once again. The rifts and bass line are soooo cool… Chester’s note on eyes makes me indescribably happy and Rob killed it! Not to mention every time it breaks to Brad I just about die!!!!!!!! =)
    Oh and Of course Chester’s kinda A Capella part at the end, chills!
    Wish we could hear a lil more from you though!😄 But man that chord motif in the beginning and the end just kills lol

45. JRock4589 on May 19, 2009 at 2:27 pm

MIKE!! I’ve been waiting for this since you’ve announced it, and I must say, you guys did not disappoint!! I’m [im]patiently waiting for the new album, and I can’t wait to see you guys live!!!❤❤
    Love you MIKE!!!

46. felipeintheend on May 19, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Hey Mike, check out the best cover ever, of New Divide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qtzup5xVzA

47. jr_eng9999 on May 19, 2009 at 1:26 pm

LP –
    Damn good song guys, always pushing the envelope when it comes to your lyrics and instrumentals. Can’t wait to see what the vid looks like when complete – Mr. Hahn, hope you do a kick ass job in creating it as you’ve done in the past. Looking forward to the rest of the album!!!

48. Janine1978new on May 19, 2009 at 1:15 pm

Hi Mike, Chester, Brad, Joe, Rob and Phoenix really good job … Thanks for the lyrics …

But, i can’t get also “NEW DIVIDE” in the German Itunes store!!! Have you maybe a idea whats going on?

LP ROCKS

49. Lvix on May 19, 2009 at 1:01 pm

Thanks Mike!
    Sunday i had an interview with Esmee Denters and someonne uploaded it on youtube.
    You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWp1we92eSY
    If you don’t know Esmee, just search her on youtube.
    She made history and Mike, hopefully i will interview you one day.

If that ever gonna happen i will think2 weeks about the questions:d lol

50. Lidia on May 19, 2009 at 12:36 pm

ehy mike…I have no words…just THANK YOU to be here in the world..and not just you..I mean you,chaz,brad,rob,hahn an phoenix! my life without you won’t be the same!

51. lplatina on May 19, 2009 at 11:58 am

this song is the best.
    I listened to it 10 times b-4 i got to school.lol

52. MarishkaLP on May 19, 2009 at 11:57 am

awesome lyrics for the awesome song! the best lycs i’ve ever heard for sure!thank you, guys:)I’ve always loved LP,ur songs and lyrics…huh..i don’t know how to explain it but you were the BEST in the past and somehow u’r becoming even better then “the BEST” now,how is that possible?😀

53. Ewelina16 on May 19, 2009 at 11:36 am

GREAT JOB!!! Wonderful song and lyrics as well! Thank you so much for your music🙂 And Mike, please don’t listen to people who are insisting on nu-metal!!!! Just do everything as you did until now… with heart! As YOU like it!!! That’s the most important thing. I’m really glad you’re trying something new….different from Hybrid Theory and Meteora, because such songs you can record immediately but it is always very nice to see or hear actually that your favorite band is not the same ALL THE TIME, and tries making new stuff! I do really appreciate it!!! Thank you guys so much for being yourselves!!!

54. bteenergy on May 19, 2009 at 11:30 am

Great Song! I Love the breakdown just pure genius. I thought it would just be as good as What I’ve Done but its even better so keep up the good work. I can’t wait for the new album, and mike try to get some more rap rock mixture in🙂.

55. cowspoo on May 19, 2009 at 10:41 am

Hey Mike,

“was a mistake to great to hide ”

Should be,
    “was a mistake too great to hide ”

Thanks for posting your lyrics!!

56. MrsS on May 19, 2009 at 10:32 am

Thank you for the new song. Woohoo I can now sing along. Damn that ryhmed…

57. Stuart on May 19, 2009 at 10:02 am

YO MIKE!!!!

i can not get New Divide in the UK Itunes store!!!!! any idea whats going on?

58. Nazami on May 19, 2009 at 10:01 am

Love the song and the lyric is perfect, it’s got it all😉 Thx for the great work, keep on!

59. Piro on May 19, 2009 at 9:46 am

that’s for sure)

60. RazorbladeXtreme on May 19, 2009 at 9:33 am

please do some rap-rock in next album

61. dicdiego13 on May 19, 2009 at 8:56 am

Great song… Very very cool. Im so excited !!!! Ive heard the song 100 times in 20 hours. “So give me reason / to prove me wrong / to wash this memory clean” Guys.. You did it again… CONGRATULATIONS.

62. Yaseen12345 on May 19, 2009 at 8:50 am

i wanna hear at least one song thats nu metal in your upcomming album.
    also, i did post your new song on youtube, and got it taken off, but i got my intrumentals taken off as well, there not even official. i think its unfair

63. Tatty on May 19, 2009 at 8:50 am

It could have been less electronics, I felt lack of screams of Chester, But all is well for a movie would be a little strange with shouts🙂

In general the music is good

64. ruru87 on May 19, 2009 at 8:41 am

great new song. love it a lot! and thanks for the lyrics that I can sing by myself. LOL it’s a shame that we can’t hear your rap in the new song~~ looking forward the new album. sure it’ll be great.

65. ErbseLP on May 19, 2009 at 8:35 am

Okay, now I’ve listened it 202 times and I love it still.😀 (Last.FM said 202 times xD)

66. just_a_freak on May 19, 2009 at 8:32 am

Hey Mike….
    Your songs is amazing !!
    I love it…I just heard it a few times…but it became one
    of my favorite songs !!!
    Thanks for posting the lyrics….
    THIS SONG ROCKS !!!! [..and you guys too =)… ]

67. Lidiam01 on May 19, 2009 at 8:32 am

I LOVE THE SONG! ITS AMAZING & HAS AMAZING LYRICS (LIKE ALL YOUR OTHER SONGS…) CANT WAIT FOR THE VIDEO WHEN IS IT COMING OUT??

68. Sleepy08 on May 19, 2009 at 8:23 am

Hi Mike. Great job on the song! Absolutely love it. And thanks for the posting the lyrics. It’s greatly appreciated.

69. Linkin_Paranoik on May 19, 2009 at 8:21 am

hey mike. congratulations for the new song. i love it and it’s amazing, really, a very good song
    i love the guitars , that’s a rock song and that’s so good
    you rock guys, thanks for making good music always
    italy loves you guys
    new divide rocks

70. LP_Fan on May 19, 2009 at 8:05 am

totaly awsome song!
    but can you put it on german iTunes too? I realy want to buy this song, not to download it from youtube…
    I hate doing this…
    please🙂

71. rockermeg on May 19, 2009 at 8:05 am

I think these are some of the best lyrics you’ve done so far🙂
    Yeah I always find it strange that people upload lyrics that are really flawed even though you can usually just open the CD case and find them as the band wrote them in the leaflet.
    You made a typo: “was a mistake to great to hide” : should be an extra O on the first “to” to make it “too”
    Heh, pwned.
    Love it, still not on iTunes which is annoying
    xxx
    (WE REFUSE TO FILE SHARE)

72. _ely_ on May 19, 2009 at 7:59 am

Amazin lyricz Mikey!!!
    i looooooooove ts song as I love u N the guys…
    hope we’ll listen 2 it on Zurich ts Summer!!
    Cheeeeeeeeeeeers
    Liz…………….

73. Stee1baby on May 19, 2009 at 7:53 am

Mike! It’s awesome! I like this music, Chester’s vocal and especially this lirycs.

Thank you for this song and for your music!

Yours faithfully,

Regina.

74. Mopey on May 19, 2009 at 7:52 am

Awesome song guys, love it! Can’t wait for your next album.

75. Parker on May 19, 2009 at 7:48 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwcMbFfwjr4&feature=channel_page look at you! xD

about New Divide: I like more music than vocals from this song. because I can’t here there Chester’s yelling – I know it becames more and more difficult for him to yell loud and strong and I understand it but I miss it. but I’ve listened to it several times and I like it more and more with time – I sing without my knowledge lool lyrics are moving/touching (don’t know how to say it in english – sorry). despite – good job guys!🙂

76. ReeRee on May 19, 2009 at 7:44 am

you guys did a great job, can’t wait for the video!

77. Zigi on May 19, 2009 at 7:13 am

The Song is awesome! Mike Id like to ask: do you plan to do the second versions of your old song(you know like Metallicas Unforgiven I,II,III) on the LPs new album
    PS Sorry for my eng

78. Marie14 on May 19, 2009 at 6:57 am

wonderful lyrics! I love the song …🙂

79. Charlotte_Jay on May 19, 2009 at 6:45 am

Awesome song Mike! great lyrics.This is my favorite part “And your voice was all I heard,That I get what I deserve”.very cool🙂

Thank you for everything guys.Linkin Park Rules!

NiloufaR

80. Wanly on May 19, 2009 at 6:29 am

The song is very great!! Please sing this song in Taipei on August 13!!!

81. nikkiann0100 on May 19, 2009 at 6:16 am

Thanks for posting the lyrics. I really love the song. Its really amazing. Cant wait to see the video.

82. missdunno on May 19, 2009 at 6:10 am

That’s great lyrics to a great song… Good job, LP, I really love it!

83. PekiLinkinFan on May 19, 2009 at 6:01 am

Oh my GOD !! I love the song !! its sooooo coooooool !! amazing work guys ! I hope that the new linkin park cd will be like this song.. congratulations guys lov u !

84. AggelosLP on May 19, 2009 at 5:56 am

IT UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!! GREAT SONG!!!! I’D LIKE TO ASK YOU WHEN THE NEW VIDEO WILL BE RELEASED..

85. SeeMO on May 19, 2009 at 5:49 am

Fucking Awesome !
    This track fit 100% the movie theme, i saw some guys comments they didn’t like the track, maybe because they are thinking it will be a track that will quenshing the thirst of the 2 years abscence of LINKIN PARK NEW WORKS !
    but from my point of view this is a great track, well done, and i think a video like FROM THE INSIDE video, with some scene from the TRASNFORMERS 2, it will be a great video !

86. _MiHaRu_ on May 19, 2009 at 5:38 am

I have to say that I really like how your little mind (and Chester’s of course) works!!!I’m already in love with this song..amazing job!!

87. Stelios on May 19, 2009 at 5:38 am

hey mike, new divide is awesome and has that transformer feeling, thats why i think it will fit so good in the movie.. but , as i expected, there wasnt any rapping from you, in the new album, can we expect any rapping? have u “retired” as a rapper?

88. PippoPappo on May 19, 2009 at 5:36 am

And the next new song? Are you working on it?

Here in Italy, we’ve got over 30.000 persons who wants to view you in a concert! LP in Venice for the second time!
    And if you’ll come here, you’ll sing New Divide and No Roads Left!

89. Nives_LP on May 19, 2009 at 5:14 am

Thank you, its great…You’re great…Good job, love ya!

90. kloserinside on May 19, 2009 at 5:01 am

This song is awesome.. I follow you guys since 2000, and i will follow you until the end.. Good Job!! I hope the new album will stay on this style😉 Italian Fans are with you!

So give me reason / to prove me wrong / to love the best band of this world

91. Jen1210 on May 19, 2009 at 4:26 am

“And your voice was all I heard. That I get what I deserve.” – love those lines.

92. miKer0cks on May 19, 2009 at 4:06 am

One word Mike, one word: AWESOME! I love it! It’s sooooo amazing! I was listening to you guys yesterday on KROQ it was pretty late here but I satyed up just to hear u and the song🙂 Congrats it’s so cool!🙂 I got it from Itunes too🙂 I have now reached 67 times played in my itunes and IPT🙂 hehe^^

Thx everything is perfect🙂 And thx for posting the lyrics🙂 Cant wait to see the video too🙂

93. Eddie on May 19, 2009 at 4:03 am

Hey Mike what’s up man? I came here last night to tell you congratulations about the song in the previous (or second previous blog post, I don’t remember clearly, I WAS ADDICTED with New Divide!!!!) blog post but I couldn’t. It happened again some days before. Anyway I want to tell you that the song is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!! Great music, great lyrics, great rythm, great vocals!!!!! Keep doing perfect work!!! I can’t wait for the video and I hope to play this DIAMOND, in the upcoming summer concerts!!!! Peace bro!!!

94. mengmeng on May 19, 2009 at 3:42 am

lyrics sre deep.I realy want to know what it means in Chinese!
    Does it means 《新界点》?

95. Shinoda77 on May 19, 2009 at 3:37 am

Lyrics are so meaningful
    idk what to say

96. msgirl on May 19, 2009 at 2:54 am

Mikey!that song is awesome…but why didn´t you rap? u know what,i love this song…but i want you to rap!on youtube,many fans are writing comments like´i miss Mike’s rapping’ PLEASE!rap on your new album! i hope u will! cuz u r the best rapper in the world!
    and thank you so much for the new song! lp is awesome!

97. Giffy on May 19, 2009 at 2:51 am

YAY! thank u!

98. Dark_Light on May 19, 2009 at 2:50 am

the songs great but mike looks like ur lyrics r wrong too
    theres a typo
    The 8th line from the bottom
    its too not to
    LOL
    But great song anyway
    LP ROCKS
    CANT wait for the next alum
    The only problem is thers no itunes in Singapore so i cant download it or get it from anywhere else
    I hope you rap too

99. SalmonSushi on May 19, 2009 at 2:50 am

Great song. Cant wait for the album. You have our support as we are loyal Linkin Park fans!

100. LPAngel on May 19, 2009 at 2:38 am

I love this song!! =) I love the lyrics, the instrumental, Chester´s voice. the song is great. Congratulations! can´t wait for the new album =D.

101. Shinodabestfriend on May 19, 2009 at 2:04 am

MIKE SHINODA THAT SONG IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE WHO WROTE IT!!!!!!!!
    I was at 2 a.m. in the morning listening on you and Chester on radio and the song came before you talked… I was like…. “you’re kidding me, right..” MIKE IT’S FREAKING WONDERFUL!!!!! you made a fantastic job!! that’s really…. wordless.. (you and Chaz were so cute..) really nice job!!!!!!!!!

102. amalpervez on May 19, 2009 at 1:56 am

hi mike everything is good,better,best about u,,,,,,,,,,
    but i don’t understand that y u people don’t come to India & especially when u r doing 2 live shows in JAPAN. this is damn big injustice to your fans that you are doing. ok,,, i accepted, but telll me THE REASON that y arent u coming to india,,,,
    u can post reply on your this blog page,,,,,
    i will try my best to do the requirement for u in india

103. gaby_ on May 19, 2009 at 1:30 am

thanks man :))) the song is really cool :))) …. well done :)))

104. Joie on May 19, 2009 at 1:11 am

This song is my current favourite song!!! Thank u guys😀 I can’t wait to hear it on Transformers🙂

105. LpJapanme on May 19, 2009 at 12:51 am

I just wanna say congrats man it rules. as usual lp did it, an emotion flowing with every note:) you rock guys!! im spreading the world in europe(well lets say just a teeny part of it-Malta XD)

106. lpthegiant on May 19, 2009 at 12:06 am

Thank you a lot for this great music. It’s so awesome that It seems like it couldn’t be better! Another great job has been done by Linkin Park!

107. deadzeezorn on May 19, 2009 at 12:04 am

will i spend alll the night searching for the lyrics,, thanx man ,,,,

108. zahra on May 18, 2009 at 11:51 pm

And your voice was all I heard
    That I get what I deserve…the meaning rocks!love it!…hell yaaa this is way better that all that junck they call music out there,,…just dance ,dada dodo, Hanna montana, jonas brother..aaaaaaah!!!!!! F*** them all!!!….I AM SOOO HAPPY TO HAVE THIS NEW SONG ON MY IPOD !!! I LOVE IT SOOO MUCH ITS SOOOO GOOD!!! but i was waiting to hear ur voice in it!!😦 mike plz make the new album half u, half chester!!! i mean we all want u to sing !!🙂 BUT ANYHOOO IT WAS AWESOME! and sooo worth staying up till 1am to hear it
    NICE WORK!!! btw u made 3 new fans today at my school!!!lol…i’m spreading the song all over this country!.🙂 TC…BYE X)……….LP4ever…

109. Jelger on May 18, 2009 at 11:37 pm

I love New Divide:D I can’t wait for the videoclip!

110. soyuneik on May 18, 2009 at 10:48 pm

Yea, I hear that. It doesn’t matter how many times I hear the song, unless I go out of my way to memorize them, I can’t. My brain decides to memorize everything else. ( voices tone, cadence and all the sounds, instruments, notes and timing) Go figure…That’s deep. I just got off and I haven’t had a chance to listen to it. You forgot an “o”.

111. Wotur11 on May 18, 2009 at 10:29 pm

waaa Mike you know when the song was out I was sleeping😀 cuz it s out at 4am here😀 But then 2 hours later i turned on the pc and listened😀 the song seemed wake me up😀 it s so fabulous😀 im trying to download the whole song on Itune now😀 oh this morning i shouted out the name New Divide to all of my class, drew it on my desk and my pens cuz you guys really rock!!!!!!!!!!! This afternoon i will send the song to all of my friends my buddy list of Yahoo :DDDDDDDDDDD congratulation and keep rocking i love you guys :XX

112. Manne on May 18, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Awesome, just awesome…

113. The_Black_Hawk on May 18, 2009 at 10:16 pm

THANKS LP, THANKS MIKE, THANKS CHESTER, THANKS ROB, THANKS BRAD, THANKS PHOENIX, AND THANKS MR. HAHN…
    Great work, We really enjoyed it…and we’re waiting to see it’s music video…it is gonna be GREAT, i’m so sure…
    The lyrics were strong, too. I’m a fan from IRAN & tryna spread the news here in Iran, cuz here in Iran Music World News aren’t published, cuz the Islamic rules ban it…f*ck it man who cares, we will publish the news among the fans in Iran, and I know everyone’s gonna like it…
    TAKE CARE…

114. CuteWhiteBunny on May 18, 2009 at 9:53 pm

Thanks, Mike!

I tried to figure out the lyrics earlier. I made a couple of minor mistakes, but now I can fix them.

115. FCastro on May 18, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Thanks very very much Mike! Like I said on BBB’s LPN blog, I’m seeing a dream becoming true with this song. What I mean is: a totally different song, much more than I expected. Everyone here in Brazil loved it too!!

I also hope see something else in the clip!

greetings from Brazil

116. LPLibrarian on May 18, 2009 at 9:02 pm

Mike love the new song. I am a librarian and I wanted you to know that I used your song “Kenji” for a display I did for the University of Iowa. The display is called “Spotlight Series: Human Experience in Popular Films and Songs”. You can see it at http://guides.lib.uiowa.edu/spotlightpopularfilmsandsongs I think “Kenji” is a beautiful song and really captured the spirit of the display. BTW, speaking of checking lyrics I just pulled out my Fort Minor cd to make sure I wrote the correct ones. Thanks, Rachel C

117. ThunderStrike on May 18, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Thanks for the lyrics! I can’t get the chorus out of my head!!!

118. Soker on May 18, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Across this new diviiiiide!!!!!!, Across this new diviiiiide!!!!!, Across this new diviiiiide!!!!…. I just don’t get tired of listening this song… you guys are f*ckin amazing… but come on, where is that new album?
    I want more like this… Across this new diviiiiide!!!!😄

119. ThePrincess on May 18, 2009 at 8:15 pm

MY LINKIN PARK IS BACK .. whoaa .. i’m never been so happy like this ..yaaay … thanks for sharing Doc !!!! VERY TOUCHING lyrics By the way …

NOTE : OOH .. of course you should post the lyrics Honey .. you know To anticipate the ‘misprints’ .. especially for ‘ the out team ‘ ( ??? ) right!! LOL

120. jake627 on May 18, 2009 at 8:03 pm

ive been listening to this song since it came out and every time i listen to it it judt gets better and better.
    LINKIN PARK 4 EVER BABY YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

121. mike_n_LP_4ever on May 18, 2009 at 7:27 pm

I knew that was the first line of the chorus !!!!!!!! lol I heard a lil bit of the Chorus 2 days ago . I memorized the whole part .😛 And if you cant stand tha song, sit tha fuck down . This song has a right not to have rapping in it .😛 ?

-Cati

PS – Now I listened to it 72 times !🙂 I really like the song…it’s like…eating my brain .😛

122. linkin_gear on May 18, 2009 at 7:16 pm

123. tristyn on May 18, 2009 at 7:11 pm

reads comments this is what good feedback looks like. i so less than three this track. this song is sick as hell. LINKIN PARK IS BACK and better than ever. perfection is def possible. so stoked. good job on this one dude…blew me away. SOI SOI SOI TOTAL PWNAGE!1111!!1!onehundredeleven!!1 hahaha

124. epicsend on May 18, 2009 at 7:10 pm

let me just say this song is amazing and the lyrics are just like wow great job I want to hear this live this summer so bad

125. TheBlackEmber on May 18, 2009 at 7:10 pm

Wow. Love this so much. You guys are freaking amazing.
    Awesome job on the song

126. LPfan4everbaby on May 18, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Hey Mike I love your guys new song it is really great. Well all of your songs are great but this one is awesome. Anyways I am in a band and we liek this song i was wondering if you could post the guitar chords or something. If you can’t i completely understand anyway sHope you guys have fun recording and PLEASE COME TO JACKSONVILLE,FLORIDA!!

127. another_lp_fan on May 18, 2009 at 6:36 pm

WOW…

this song is incredible, stirring and just plain awesome. its so incredible, i have ran out of adjectives. literaly, i just got this on my ipod and have been listening to it over and over for 4-5 hours, AND IT ONLY GETS BETTER EACH TIME!. this song is just awesome. plain and simple, its a great song. good job mike & chester on the lyrics ( and the rest of lp for the song itself)
    cant you tell us a little about the next album, mike? cmon, how about a title? idea for the title? also, what was going through your mind when you wrote it?

128. Keres on May 18, 2009 at 6:24 pm

I love this song! I can’t wait for the new album. Personally, I hope you didn’t write yourself out of the next album🙂 Oh, and speaking of misprints I’ve caught some in the cd sleeves of your albums before. The lyrics on paper don’t match the ones in the song. “Remember The Name” for example: Tak’s part in the second verse is different in the lyrics with the cd and what he actually says. It differs in between “Does it stand for an acronym/No” and “Him and his crew….” LOL Just thought I’d let you know. Sorry about being a smartass😛

129. ThaPark on May 18, 2009 at 6:22 pm

oh my god! The music is incredible! The way Chester sings sounds great, i love the guitars, the piano, the backing vocal…
    everything! After 8 years, Linkin Park still surprising me!
    Congratulations!!! and mike, the lyrics are beautiful, you were based in the history of film? peace!

130. ShiNat on May 18, 2009 at 6:16 pm

Hey Mike, how are you man? I came here to congratulate the new banda music, “New Divide.” We, the Brazil, we have an addiction with Linkin Park, you hear that? and Chester live in the Radio, and soon after? s debut of music, download in iTunes. We took the music first of all radios in Brazil basically 5 minutes after Hehe. ” But, in summary, parabens by music, she is perfect, so noo as the letter, but the sound too. I swear that soon after the premiere, I heard more or less 30 times, counted. You are our life here in Brazil, is the truth! Ms saying the third time, the music is great, all agreed, I love , in love We love you man ———-

131. saravana on May 18, 2009 at 5:49 pm

New Divide is amazing Mike!! Thank you guys!

132. kBh on May 18, 2009 at 5:28 pm

not bad.. but i think the ‘the lightning all around me ‘ lyrics was kinda cheesy… but other thn tht good song.. but, wheres the rapping?? damn it!

133. Jackie on May 18, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Such an amazing song and great rhyme…i can’t wait til the new album , now transformers soundtrack and dead by sunrise cd come out!!!!! great job you guys, you never let the fans and supporters down

134. Sharisse on May 18, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Thanks so much for posting the lyrics. I love the song! Can’t wait to see the music video (I’m sure you guys had a lot of fun shooting it). I’m looking forward to hearing the new album.

135. lp_fm_fan on May 18, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Grazi, Mike.🙂

136. MiileLP on May 18, 2009 at 5:08 pm

Oh my God! Mike, New Divide is really really PERFECT, i loved it Thank you, hear this song, made me happy. Now, i believe, everybody NEEDS the new album, and me too. Again, I loved too much ! (L) With love :*

137. Ana_ on May 18, 2009 at 5:07 pm

I just love the song and the lyrics!😀 Now, we want the video! :p Ana. *

138. LPfan4life721 on May 18, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Awesome song, Mike! You guys did a great job! I cannot wait for the new album!! Hope the album is going well and keep on writing awesome songs.

139. Madlen on May 18, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Aw thank you soo much!I thought something was up with the other lyrics I found lol:)Let me just say again-thank you for making amazing music!!!Now all we have to do is wait for the video:)

140. shan1105 on May 18, 2009 at 4:59 pm

I love it! Need new album now! How come there is nothing about projekt revolution yet? what is going on? we usually have heard by now. please post on this.

141. lJLeeRSX on May 18, 2009 at 4:51 pm

THERE IS A MISTAKE

In every loss / in every lie
    In every truth that you’d deny
    And each regret / and each goodbye
    was a mistake to great to hide
    And your voice was all I heard
    That I get what I deserve

haha, no mistake?
    isn’t it; was a mistake TOO great to hide?

142. Dori on May 18, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Great job Mike! I had a total fangirl afternoon… My friends and I all got into a chat on MSN and listened to the interview you and Chester did on KROQ!!! lol You’d have rolled your eyes if you’d seen us! lol A little ticked off I haven’t been able to get it off itunes, but I heard the song, so it’s all good!

143. 4n174 on May 18, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Thanks! I love the new song, now I can sing along =) Keep up the awesome work!!

144. Philly_Willy on May 18, 2009 at 4:44 pm

words cannot explain the awesome

145. Linkinboss on May 18, 2009 at 4:43 pm

thanks for the lyrics Mike. it’s a great song, pretty solid, i hope you can answer my post, i want to know if you will play this song live ? would be pretty cool.😛 also I want to know when you will release the video. i wanna see it =D. greetings from south america

146. mano_lprx on May 18, 2009 at 4:34 pm

Thanks for the lyrics! =D
    Once again, I gotta say, I’m proud to be a Linkin Park fan🙂 Fantastic song, and btw I think you guys did soooo well to make it something fitting so well into the essence of the movie… I’m listening to it over and over again lol😛
    It would be amazing if you guys could play this song one one of your concerts! That would really rock the show dude!

147. lucky_cat on May 18, 2009 at 4:28 pm

That’s really considerate that you post the lyrics for us! Thank you again. The first verse is great, I really love it. It has the taste of a big adventure and a dark secret … everything a great story is needed.

148. MS_Ineedyou on May 18, 2009 at 4:25 pm

I absolutely love the lyrics. Amazing job. I LOVE the beginning of the song when Chester starts singing and you hear his voice and the backround is quiet and all drummy XDD i love it so much. Chester is hitting much higher notes than he normally does, and it sounds great. I completely LOVE New Divide, i can’t wait for the new album. Chicago can’t wait until you come btw(mostly me LMFAO)😀 —Brooke .

149. Mostafa on May 18, 2009 at 4:21 pm

Keep it up guys Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

150. keineAhnung on May 18, 2009 at 4:19 pm

thx🙂 …just love that song!!! the lyrics are great (especially the ‘in every loss/ in every lie’ part sounds awesome)…if it wasn’t 1:15 a.m. already, I’d sing along…but I think my neighbours wouldn’t be that happy about it…lol

can’t wait for you guys to be on kevin and bean🙂

greetz from austria

151. poki on May 18, 2009 at 4:17 pm

the song is absolutely awesome, i mean it has so many new things and so many old LP things in itself, can’t stop listening to it. you guys did a hell of a job on this one! can’t wait till i hear the new album… keep up the great work

152. bojkic on May 18, 2009 at 4:16 pm

mike,

song is awesome!!!! It blew over my already overpumped expectations! Much more to offer than I expected! Keep up with the good work and we cannot wait for the new album much longer! We know it’s going to be awesome!

thank you! Tako care!

Bojan SERBIA

153. missbluesonicspeed on May 18, 2009 at 4:14 pm

one word: YES!

154. pianolp325 on May 18, 2009 at 4:13 pm

hey Mike this song is really amazing. musicially you guys really took it to another level. really love the guitar and synth stuff. its a great song

155. JackShinoda on May 18, 2009 at 4:08 pm

congratulations.
    you exceeded all expectations of fans.
    this music is perfect.
    will be one of the songs that are remembered forever.
    all hope that the album is like that song.
    The fans brazilian love the music.
    all waited every second.
    All fans are very excited about new divide!
    the letter is perfect. the melody is incredible.
    Congratulations boys, you are brilliant !!!!!

that is why I love you.

o/

156. Don13s on May 18, 2009 at 4:06 pm

this song is soo sick!! can’t stop playing it lol. MIKE is there any chance that LP will play this song live this summer???

157. NoMoreSorrowGirl on May 18, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Mike!…ha!nice interview and the song was so AWESOME!….God! you killed me!…Love it!love it!love it!…everyone here in ms.com was like freakin’ out!…LOL

And I notice your too hyper on your typo…you type “LOL”…dahahaha!

158. karolp on May 18, 2009 at 4:01 pm

mike, I loved, it’s amazing.. man, you’re the best of the world… AWESOME, GREAT.. AMAZING.. no words.. no words.. the waiting was really great.. now I’m hearing this amazing song… no words :’) now, we can’t wait to the video… must to be great too.. oh god.. you’re the besttttt

kisses from Brazil… we love you so much.. why don’t you come here ?? please !!!

159. faiintx on May 18, 2009 at 3:52 pm

hey mike! the new song is AWESOME!!! it’s PERFECT for the transformers movie, and i can’t wait to hear the score as well🙂 and today’s my birthday too, so thanks so much! New Divide is def. one of my favorites now (actually..i say that about every song)🙂

— Pallavi

160. beth94 on May 18, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Great job guys! Love the new song. I also cant wait to hear your new album next year! Keep it up! Can’t wait for the video too!

161. Joanna_Fan_From_BR on May 18, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Dude,The new song is really amazing!
    Congratulations from the Brazilian fans…
    Good Job..
    Keep’on Rocking!😀

162. pbizkit33 on May 18, 2009 at 3:38 pm

New song is great!!!! Can not wait to hear what you have for the new album next year!!!

163. pink_skull on May 18, 2009 at 3:38 pm

woooooooooooow i love the song and it’s lyrics i’m listening to it now it’s amazing good job guys
    but why didn’t you put a verse in the song??we miss your voice he he he((:
    new divide is awsome beautiful,take care

164. mvaug002 on May 18, 2009 at 3:35 pm

i gotta agree with JAMES_ELLIOT…i love this song and every song linkin park, chester or you have made. But we know you have that itch to just throw some crazy lyrics like bleed it out or remember the name. haha anyways.. great song

165. SkyOlker on May 18, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Thank you!🙂 Now I’ve got some new lyrics to learn.
    New song is great! Good job!
    Please, kick some iTunes asses to make them put New Divide in store asap. ;)))

166. mshinoda20PERU on May 18, 2009 at 3:29 pm

give me a reason for that this song does not win an Oscar….THERE IS NO IT!!! ITS AWESOME!!!!! IT WOULD WIN!!

167. Baum113 on May 18, 2009 at 3:27 pm

LOL Mike, you’re getting more internet with every post😀

168. james_elliott on May 18, 2009 at 3:26 pm

Good stuff, Mike!

Make the music you want to make, and don’t let anyone tell you what you have to do or where you ‘went wrong.’ Just do you, and then nobody can say anything about it. But, personally, I felt like you had this thing going with Get Me Gone–you really put your foot down. But we haven’t seen much of that lately. So I’m hoping you throw down soon. But it’ll come naturally when it’s ready to come out.

This song, is brilliant, though. A bit similar to What I’ve Done, but What I’ve Done wasn’t a bad song, either. Love the Tom Morello influence! And did I catch a slight hint of Phil Collins in there, too? Nice!

169. kellz on May 18, 2009 at 3:17 pm

jesus christ mike in the minute it took me to log in you have 58 comments in here.
    well i was going to say thanks….lol btw what is twitter ??………………. JUST KIDDING😉

170. anaslinkin on May 18, 2009 at 3:14 pm

AWESOME!!!!1 AWESOME!!!!!!!! LP FOREVER THE BEST!!

171. deih on May 18, 2009 at 3:13 pm

wow thanks mike, if transformers comes out i can sing during ur song is starting in the movie=O i hope u understood that=p
    oh and by the way great speech, pls tell brad to get twitter. And thanks again, i loooove new divide.

172. nickxcore on May 18, 2009 at 3:12 pm

wow your lyrics really have evolved over time.
    This was probably one of your deepest songs, I love it..great job LP
    youve proven once again why youre my favorite

173. Tom_Mac on May 18, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Excellent song!!! Goes with the film perfectly… can only get better from here with LP working on the score! Can’t wait for the video!

174. christella on May 18, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Thank you for correct lyrics! You have done amazing job. I might even go to cinema to watch the movie when it’s out cause of your input. not a fan of this kind of movies, we’ll see. I was surprised the way Chester sings, the melody for the vocal is light, like even a kids song, but he’s coming with his hairy experienced rock-stary voice. To the whole band- Great job!

175. Stepha on May 18, 2009 at 3:04 pm

Mike, great job with the lyrics.
    I only have one tat and that is of your words 🙂

176. KellyNicole on May 18, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Excellent!!!

177. MAGS on May 18, 2009 at 3:00 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS NEW SOOOOONG!!!
    :):):)
    I can’t wait for the video!!!

178. Illara on May 18, 2009 at 3:00 pm

This is awesome guys!! It rocks!!!!!!!!

179. cndshopaholic13 on May 18, 2009 at 2:58 pm

absolutley amazing song. i was no word of a lie counting down the minutes till it was on KROQ (sorry if i got that wrong). absolutley awesome!!!!! i also love how they played the song TWICE on the radio station when mike and chester were talking about it.. i was like OMG YES! and my friend was just laughing at me!

180. PlaboPein on May 18, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Great song!! Can’t wait to see you all again here in Spain.

181. durg on May 18, 2009 at 2:57 pm

why are the lyrics usually wrong in the album?? thats always made me wonder, haha, i dont really get that..
    oh & “a mistake TOO great to hide”?😀😄 muahaha, grammar nazi here

182. jrfaint on May 18, 2009 at 2:56 pm

I have gotta say! This is the best vocal mix I have heard Mike! This is great, they have a real brightness to them that was partially witnessed in M2M, but this track is great!
    Do you mind me asking what effects you used? I appreciate you may wanna keep that quiet😀 but I am intrigued. Also, did you use Logic or Pro Tools for this? It seems to have a Pro Tools ‘sound’ to it (just something I have picked up using them both).
    Jamie

183. LinkinParkROCK on May 18, 2009 at 2:56 pm

THIS SONG IS AMAZING! Errr why isnt it on iTunes yet! N i cant wait to see Transformers 2 … You guys ROCK, always have and always will!

184. macka_crow on May 18, 2009 at 2:54 pm

HIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i love this song!!!!!
    new divide RULEZ!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!…FOR A GREAT SONG OF FN CLUB IN CHILE MIDNIGHT SOLDIERS!

185. Geee on May 18, 2009 at 2:53 pm

is it “to great to hide” or “too great to hide”???

186. cuz on May 18, 2009 at 2:52 pm

The song is AMAZING! Can’t stop listening to it and I really don’t want to stop🙂 Great job!!! Thanks for the lyrics, now we have the correct version.

187. Mr_Mopar on May 18, 2009 at 2:52 pm

I miss the old Linkin Park.
    What happen to the rap, More power,
    And harder rock. This is alternative rock,
    You used to be Nu-Metal, Or Metal/Rap.

I’m sorry but I dislike this,
    I love songs like Figure 09 or By Myself.

I hope you don’t go wrong on this next album and
    get back the the old roots. Don’t start drifting off in another direction.
    You have to keep in mind people loved you for the old stuff, which
    is what got you started, so you can’t go wrong.

“If it works, Don’t fix it”

188. Daga280 on May 18, 2009 at 2:51 pm

hope now no one will ‘create’ their own lyrics for this song lol and i fully agree with LP_STEF- Mike u should give some good rap in upcoming album (more than in MTM ;])

take care !!

DAGA280

189. Maneita on May 18, 2009 at 2:50 pm

AMAZING SONG WITH AMAZING MUSIC AND AMAZING LYRICS!!!😉

190. Estelwen on May 18, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Hmm the lyrics are nothing too original.. “There was nowhere to hide” so déjà vu, or rather déjà entendu. The song is interesting though.

191. Umi on May 18, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Ah, thx😀 the song’s really nice (I tend to need several weeks/month to clarifiy for myself, if I really luv a song or not, so… maybe it evolves from nice to sth “bigger” later on) and Chaz’ voice kicks ass like always ^^ … I won’t put a wishlist up now, how I’d like to have the sound of the new album since it’s a blog here and not a freaking pizza delivery service😄 just keep on recording/writing what u guys see/feel and wanna hear but can’t find elsewhere – as long as the 6 of u didn’t transform (ha! XD) into Care Bear’s or Teletubbie’s I’m pretty sure there’ll be something on the new album I like as well🙂 … oh, and we haven’t forgotten No Roads Left (live!)… just so u know ;P

192. Virginie on May 18, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Good job and thank you Mike for sharing like you do. Have a nice day.

193. Lori on May 18, 2009 at 2:42 pm

when will the video be out? the songs good, good to get some new material

194. lp_stef on May 18, 2009 at 2:42 pm

well, i almost got it right after i heard the song like 10 times xD it’s easy to understand chaz when he sings🙂 or it’s just easy for us LP fans lol but thx to put the lyrics up^^
    i just had to say that i sounds a little bit like what i’ve done..and i REALLY miss your part😦 again..well you sing thru the 2nd verse^^ and it’s amazing!!
    i hope you’ll rap a little more in the new album like on meteora or HT

195. NamarLP on May 18, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Hi!!!
    Yeahhh!!!
    is so cool!!
    great song!!!
    is.. so cool….
    Thank you Linkin Park for the great song!!!!

Hugs!! From Mexico….

Byeee!!!

196. eskyerbest on May 18, 2009 at 2:40 pm

good job! this is an AMAZING SONG!!! especially the sound and the words. now i’m sure that i’m a your fan! if you’ll continue makes song like this your album will be the best album for ever!
    LOVE FROM ITALY!
    P.S sorry for my english😄

197. Krylon on May 18, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Thanks Mikey! I did the best I could transcribing them but I guess I was a bit off. I blame it on the lack of a good quality release at the time (silly iTunes)… Anyways, I’m going around making sure everyone uses the correct lyrics instead of mine. Thanks again! =)

198. MethodX on May 18, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Awesome song guys… Nice lyyrics too. Its mind-blowing :)

199. JohnLP89 on May 18, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Typo Mike,

In the bridge (if you will) it should be too instead of to

200. novieadee on May 18, 2009 at 2:32 pm

i haven’t heard anything good in a while, both lyrical and musical and finally.. an escape.
    you guys just won 10 cool points. (:
    love you !❤

201. DRUMMERDALZIEL on May 18, 2009 at 2:30 pm

That. Was. EPIC! Each time you guys make new music, it sounds different from what you’ve done before, yet it always sounds just as amazing in whole new ways. I do agree with others that the other new album stuff should bring back some hip-hop elements; scratching, rapping, bit more old skool samples etc.

But the real question now is…WHERE/WHEN CAN WE SEE THE VIDEO FOR THIS?

202. zeljka on May 18, 2009 at 2:27 pm

haven´t been here for a while but the new song sounds so great. i´m sorry, that i can´t come to any of your gigs in germany this year. waiting for cologne or duesseldorf next year, perhaps?!

wish you a great week. i will learn the lyrics now so i can sing it out loud the next time. :o)

203. DennisK on May 18, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Really like the new song Mike. Obvious shades of What I’ve Done, but quite a different colder vibe to the whole thing, but quite uplifting too.

By the way, the electronic breakdown sounds very much like the one used by Garbage in their song I Think I’m Paranoid. No bad thing in my book, as I loved them when I was younger, but you guys are by far and away my favourite band in the universe.

I can’t wait for the new album now.

204. Esaul on May 18, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Win!

205. pafj on May 18, 2009 at 2:24 pm

mike! you forgot to say ” Na Na Na” at the end of song :)) lol ! it’s what i’ve done : part two !!

206. Kerstin2802 on May 18, 2009 at 2:23 pm

AMAZING!!!! That´s LP 2009! Thank you!

207. adam_28 on May 18, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Omg, I love the lyrics and the song! I can’t wait to download New Divide from Itunes…

Thanks for the lyrics!

From the United Kingdom

208. DonMarco on May 18, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Mike… when will the song be available on iTunes… I can’t wait for it…
    That’s the best shit I’ve ever heard…
    Thanks to you and the others of Linkin Park!!!

209. LPFan on May 18, 2009 at 2:21 pm

MIKE. THIS. SONG. IS. AMAZING. Might I point out, I bursted into tears when I first heard it, cos its just so darn brilliant” You do not know how excited you’ve got me for the new album comming out. You guys are my life, serioustly. I love the band and just..WOW!!

210. numbrocker02 on May 18, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Love you guys!!! Awesome song!! Thanks for posting Mike!!

211. Maaark on May 18, 2009 at 2:20 pm

OMFG! MIKE! YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING GENIOUS! THIS SONG IS THE SHIT! I’m too excited to post anything decent so maybe I’ll come back later to edit this post. HA!

Take care man, and thank you so much for putting the song here and on LP’s website. I’d buy it on Itunes if I could but it’s not available on the Brazilian Store.

212. tpbarbosa on May 18, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Thanks for posting the real lyrics! I see that misunderstood somestuff O.O
    The best part is: There was nothing in sight / but memories left abandoned
    There was nowhere to hide / the ashes fell like snow
    And the ground caved in / between where we were standing
    And your voice was all I heard
    That I get what I deserve

Damn awesome lyric! Very well written! Great job Mike😀

213. whyflood on May 18, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Mike, thank you and the whole band
    both for this absolutely awesome song and, i’m sure, this years best movie theme,
    and lyrics)

214. Lamelas on May 18, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Its another off the chart song. You guys just keep making this awesome songs. And it is amazing the effort you make in each individual song, being for your own album or a movie. You really are something else. Just keep on rocking it for many more years.
    LP Forever!! Love from Portugal!

215. Meteora20 on May 18, 2009 at 2:17 pm

oh thanks so much for the lyrics.
    really its a awesome song. i can’t stop to listening. you guys made a great job. i love you:)

216. Anstice on May 18, 2009 at 2:15 pm

The song is beautiful =). I freaking love the breakdown in the middle, HA. Hot. If the new album is anything like this…new album = Love. Small question. Do you guys plan to play this song live?

217. RachaelLP on May 18, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Sick song. It didn’t disappoint.

218. Mickey on May 18, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Fucking awesome song, Mike!!! I seriously need a grin-ectomy or something because I can’t stop smiling! You guys did a fucking amazing job and it’s just awesome to hear Chester’s amazing voice again.

219. Carla on May 18, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Ahaha, the special page for New Divide loaded completely literally when it was 3:45 EST here. Amazing song, like fucking amazing. It is really, really good. I love the distorted instrumental in the middle and Chester really shows passion in his singing here! Keep it up for the album guys! Now I can’t wait to get it off iTunes and to see the video.

220. Mindfreak191 on May 18, 2009 at 2:13 pm

This is one of the best lp songs i’ve ever heard…it was worth the waiting😀

221. vitamin_n on May 18, 2009 at 2:10 pm

You guys should collaborate a song with Avenged Sevenfold.

222. MentalisFun on May 18, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Thank you LP for another great one! I knew there was a reason you guys were my fav band!😛 New Divide —->EPIC WIN

223. theluispez on May 18, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Hugs from Spain too!!

It sounds great! the guitar/ sampler part behind the chorus is awesome… and lyrics is, as always, just my life…

thanks for everything…😄

224. vsblaak on May 18, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Great job was looking for them everywhere on the internet. Thnx very much this is gonna be a hit guys! And ur the best mike thnx for keeping is up-to-date🙂 !

225. todraw on May 18, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Thx, lyrics r really cool an now i know they’re trully right^^

226. victoria on May 18, 2009 at 2:05 pm

Amazing song and amazing lyrics…take care, love you guys! thank you Mike for the lyrics, you’re the best!

227. fernanda21 on May 18, 2009 at 2:03 pm

First At This Very Special Occasion!!!!!!
    Thank You Mike, and You Guys Chester, Brad, Rob, Phoenix, and not last Joe for this OH MY GOD……BEAUTIFULLY ROCKING song!!!!! It Really Rocks!!!!!!! It worthed to wait!!!!!!!!!!
    And also Huge Thanks for the Lyrics!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love Mike & LP!!!!!!!!! Take Care!!!!! Kisses from Fernanda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Are The Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!