Response to comments!

June 27, 2009

MUSIC TRAINING?
Posted by HarryHeadbanger – Did you ever took any kind of training in music before LP ? Or you have learned everything by your own ?
M: I took about 10 years of piano, then learned keyboards, guitar, and bass on my own. I started rapping when I was about 12, imitating my favorite songs (Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy). I was also in a choir group for a number of years. I’m still trying to learn drums. They take a lot of practice.

ART TECHNIQUES
Posted by kimCHEE, Zuzaca – hey mike, could you like, teach us more art techniques? im totally dyin to learn from you.
M: That’s a good idea. I’ve been doing a TON of painting recently. In fact, I have a big art announcement coming in a couple of days…

image

NEW DIVIDE
Posted by PinkyLouloulp – I wanted to know if New Divide is a continuation of What Iv’e Done. I’m asking this because a lot of people seem to think that the sound is very similar and since you guys wrote it for the second Transformers movie it seems like a sequel.
M: We didn’t intend for it to be a “sequel,” but I can see why some people might think it is. I’ve seen some people on message boards making a big deal of trying to draw a line between the two songs; it seems a little over-dramatized. The two songs have a few things in common: Transformers, similar key, and tempo. There are also a few things that set them apart: the most obvious is the bridge and intro of “New Divide”…but also the song structure (the new one has a structure that we have never used in any song before, which uses a half-second chorus. The verses and chorus are also a longer format than most of our songs…which makes the song length about 4:30), and instrumentation (there are tons of differences in the instruments and sounds we used). I think they sound like two different songs with a few things in common.

1. Diana83 on July 21, 2009 at 9:02 am

Hi Mike, how’s it going? In 2007 you guys came to the Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands. When I heard about it I immediately bought a ticket ’cause I was waiting for about seven years for LP to come to my country. I was so happy and exited to finally see you guys and it was more than an awesome performance. I will never forget it! But now my question; when will you give a full concert over here ’cause I’m always waiting and hoping that you guys are coming but you never do.. Why? I really hope that you will consider coming to the Netherlands a bit more often. But even if you don’t I will always love you guys! Big kiss for everyone.. Greetz, your big fan Diana.

2. jrfaint on July 6, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Mike. I am starting to set up my own record label. I have a vague idea of music industries and its business, but as far as defining myself, what are the best tools and applications to make people aware of what I have going on? I have the typical Facebook group etc, but there must be otherways of getting my name out there, as a record label that is economic but effective at the same time??

3. human_hybrid on July 5, 2009 at 12:15 am

hey mike, i’ve been dropping in on your personal website owing to the fact that its updated primarily by you, & is usually up 2 datr with all the latest LP news… now i am an up & comming rapper screamer but am still in the infancy stages of my development, i have a friend that i met & who has helped me come a long way from where i was just lil over 3 yrs ago… now my question is how can i record a semi-good demo without spending mass amounts of money like a major label would?!? cuz right now all i care about is getting my music out there & then worry bout looking for a label… BTW i saw LP at the ’07 projekt rev. tour & you were freggin awesome…

~Human Hybrid

4. HarryHeadbanger on July 3, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Mikey THANK YOU SOO MUCH for replying to my question…means the World to me๐Ÿ™‚ 10 yrs of piano lessons , WOW! You’re more than a great musician, keep it coming. Thanks again. Have a nice day!

5. freak_yellow on July 2, 2009 at 10:23 am

Hi Mike, the other day while on the lpu, I fell on a member that is mentionning in his profile page some things that he hates in life, and surprisingly, minutes to midnight was in that list. I was kinda confused, how can a lpu member could hate LP stuff. So a question came to my head: can a hardcore fan ( lpu ), hate some of that stuff the band they like so much make ( and in that case its an entire album). I would like to hear your thoughts about it, cause to me it makes no sense.

6. patty123 on July 2, 2009 at 6:53 am

um hi mike haha i was just wonderin when LP would be doing a tour of aus and whether you would do one to promote your next album? and also can you get your shoes anywhere in australia?

7. Vitor_13 on July 1, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Mike, here in Brazil is running strong rumors that the LP will do shows in December, in the same place the show in 2004 … I want you to tell us where this is true or not in contact with the band. Waiting hopefully that is true …

8. Elliot_aka_MC_Eli on July 1, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Mike! I think you will be thoroughly pleased with your fanbase as of today! The number one fansite has released an exclusive Hybrid Theory Promo cd. http://www.lplive.net/exclusive.php please discuss your feelings about this! The track “She Couldn’t” is quite amazing. Kinda wish your ballads on MTM sounded “similar’ to this style.

9. Mimz_LP on July 1, 2009 at 12:13 pm

Mike I’m confusing ! there’s a strange band calls linkin park ! and they have some songs ! extually i know that’s not you but why they use the name of YOUR band ! for example these songs – ” one perfect thing” “real life” and so on ! why this band takes your name !

10. TheNextMusician on July 1, 2009 at 9:00 am

Hey Mike! What do you think that one of your demos from the 98’s “She couldn’t” has turned up? Will we ever listen to this song sometime? (After all it has appeard everywhere on the internet…๐Ÿ˜› )

11. WolfRaptor on June 30, 2009 at 2:26 pm

This has made my day. Not only the responses (they’re great as well), but the knowledge that there will be more rapping in the next album. I’m pretty sure NO ONE is going to be disappointed by this news!๐Ÿ™‚

12. Sintia on June 30, 2009 at 10:07 am

Thanks for explaining the similarities and differences between “New Divide” & “What I’ve Done”. I’ve had people saying that the two songs are just the same just different words. I agree that the tempo is similar but if people will just listen carefully to both of the songs and they will see the difference. But then again people look into how the song is similar than even look for what is different.
    I hope you, LP, and your families are doing good and are in good health. : )

13. YuN_RoCks on June 30, 2009 at 9:15 am

loving everytime you answer our questions! it’s really interesting to now what you think and how you relate to out doubts and thoughts๐Ÿ˜€ BTW, more rap in the new record? AWESOMEEEE!

14. PinkyLouloulp on June 30, 2009 at 5:57 am

Thanks for answering my question, Mike๐Ÿ™‚

15. Zuzaca on June 30, 2009 at 4:43 am

ooou๐Ÿ˜€ thanks for your response :)…..I was so happy, when I saw my nick in your RESPONSE TO COMMENTS!๐Ÿ˜€
    And I believe, that first lesson will be early ;)….I have done some replicas of your paintings (in my profile there are several “my” paintings), but I think it’s not very good…
    And I have new idea๐Ÿ˜€. You could make topic, where people might write official fan website from different countries :)….here is for example http://www.linkinpark.sk from Slovakia๐Ÿ™‚

16. JRock4589 on June 29, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Mike!! Good to hear there will be more rapping, bc other than ‘hands held high’ and ‘bleed it out’, there wasnt much on MTM. I’m looking forward to the dope beats and the next tour! See ya, front row and center!! And maybe at the Meet and Greet??

17. iX on June 29, 2009 at 8:39 pm

Glad to see that theres going to be more hip hop incorporated in the next album๐Ÿ˜€

18. kimCHEE on June 29, 2009 at 6:05 pm

whoooooo! haha, thanks mike for answering my question. (: youre the awesomeness. ahha. hope to see your big art announcement soon! take care

19. ravivandmikefan4life on June 29, 2009 at 5:39 pm

Hey Mike i dont know if u are still doing the thing where u find different bands and promote them but i have an incredible band in desperate need of a label and a lot of attention. The band “his Orchestra” is a really good eletric-pop band, it has an album out on itunes but not a real label. U can find their music on http://www.myspace.com/hisorchestramusic u should listen to them they’re really good!

20. Linkinboss on June 29, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Hi Mike, I’m Felipe from Chile, i was wondering if you, or anyone else in the band ever wanted to play an unplugged or symphonic concert =P. i think some song would sound epic played unpluged or symphonic (like breaking the habit, numb or new divide). by the way, if you play a concert like that, what songs you would like to play?.

P.S: sorry for my english, as you may know, my native language it’s the spanish so my english is not so good ^^ i will try to improve for the next time

21. mack on June 29, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Brazil 3×2 EUA lol

22. c4stilll0 on June 29, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Hi Mike! Hello everybody

few hours ago I made wallpaper, but now I decided to share this picture. It can seem very simple, but I did it for myself =) and now it’s in my desktop

link to this image: http://img269.imageshack.us/i/msart.jpg/

p.s. transformers 2 is cool!๐Ÿ™‚

23. AlexLP2k9 on June 29, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Hello Mike๐Ÿ˜€
    Do you remember a very rare song for us called She Couldn’t ? If yes could you give us more information about it? we’re a little confused….

Thanks๐Ÿ˜€

24. spraypaintNinkpens on June 29, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Awesome, thanks for the response to my question and also playing some transformers 2 with me on Friday Mike. I’m excited about more Fort Minor like tracks on the new album. Glorious excess dies news coming up next?

25. colinreid on June 29, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Hi Mike! My Q for you is that maybe you could explain to us about a track you did back in 1998 called “She Couldn’t”. Which was amongst a cd with unfinished demo versions of the tracks which we have never heard before well we found a 30 sec snippet of it but not the full song…Do you still have the full demo to maybe share it with us? And how come It has never been completed?

Hope you write back about it!
    Thanks Mike!

26. LPfan_mar on June 29, 2009 at 12:23 pm

The next album promise be spetacular… I can’t wait for listen… Are you trying play drums?!? It’s so cool… BuT, Don’t rob Rob…loOOLLL…:]

27. Full_Metal_Ninja on June 29, 2009 at 11:55 am

A second Fort Minor album would have definitely been dope, but a new LP album with more rap and more beats would be extra extra dope lol. I agree with some of the comments below too tho, more singing!

As for New Divide, I guess I could see(hear?) why people thought it was a sequel, but I guess I never thought they were THAT similar that it would have a big discussion. I dunno. It just probably means people are really hungry for new LP lol. I know I am.

28. TiffTiff33LP on June 29, 2009 at 7:39 am

yay, mke and his awsomeness rapping is coming back,i love your rapping its the only that i listenen to.oh bummer,the first pic isint showing,i cant see it.LOL…YAY art announcement….cant wait….TRANSFORMERS 2 is so AWSOME I love it,seen it yesterday,going to see it again!!!!!!!!^_^

29. abbykulyde on June 29, 2009 at 7:21 am

wow mike, looking forward in seeing you play the drums! that is so cool..

good luck!

-abby

30. natalia_spain on June 29, 2009 at 4:19 am

Mike, I need to speak with someone please send me an email; natuf6@hotmail.com … I need to talk …

31. shinnizel15 on June 29, 2009 at 4:09 am

Geez … i’m glad u’re gonna rap man! I really missed u in MTM. But it’ll b gr8 if u even do little singing (No Roads Left was just awesome ^_^) also another Fort Minor album will be wonderful. Just do ur best. Really looking 4ward 2 d LP album.

32. Shinodabestfriend on June 29, 2009 at 1:44 am

OH MY GOD. Mike Shinoda + rap = paradise. AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez mike shinoda rulez!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR THIS MIKE!!!!! you little genius!!!

33. soyuneik on June 29, 2009 at 12:45 am

::Dead:: Why is it I imagine balloons, Christmas lights and confetti everytime you mention your making something now? Dammit! I’m missing all the fun. Do you have the JJ OS installed? Did you play pong on it? Why the eff am I drinking coffee at 3am? I begged for Piano lessons and since no one listened I sorta kinda taught myself. (IE: I can’t really play) Does your big art announcement include ideas to sneak in the luggage compartment of jets going to Cali? Oh, I know they will be dope. I still remember my thought process the first time I heard HT-0. What?

34. zahra on June 28, 2009 at 9:36 pm

X) MORRRRRRRRRE RAPPING IN THE NEW ALBUM ……yaaaaaaaaaaay…..i dont find what i’ve done and new divide alike,.,,.ya daaaaaha there two different songs~~~lol!….10 years ????!!!! omg that mean i need 6 more years..aaaaah and u learned guitar by ur self??????!??!?!!PLZ ,could u tell me how????!!!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? cant wait tos ee ur new art btw….and thanx for the RESPONSE blog!! really cool!… X)…..good night !

35. Curiosa on June 28, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Hey Mike, the 1st image isn’t visible.๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve givn up on asking about FM, I’ll just let u surprise me.๐Ÿ˜› Odly I’ve ben questioning a lot of things like what the heck am I doing on here? lol Just the other day I realized I’m not friends w/LP on myspace & I don’t plan 2 either.๐Ÿ˜› lol

PS: Did u win on Fri. or did u get ur butt kicked on the video game? Take care.๐Ÿ™‚

@youngsul: Here’s a link 2 find out more about the situation w/SOB. Feel as if Mike cornerned Ryu w/1 ?? cause it made Tak look bad. Ryu added links on how 2 keep up w/them. He just posted on twitter that he was off shooting a vid.๐Ÿ™‚
    music/interviewryuofstylesof_beyond

36. JeezyJazz on June 28, 2009 at 7:43 pm

Yo Mike! I want to ask:
    How many song will the new album have?๐Ÿ˜€. Also, i’d really like you to show some hard rock (but not so metal xD), nad more electronic music and innovations; also a good balance of rap, screams and melodic singing (sorry for my bad gramatical)

37. Brandon on June 28, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Mike, you’ve said the the band wants to try and enter a new stage in it’s career where music is released more often. What do you mean by this exactly?

Do you mean taking less time to make albums, or do you mean LP wants to release more individual songs more often, perhaps through iTunes like New Divide or through the LPU?

And thanks for answering our questions.

38. NoMoreSorrowGirl on June 28, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Hey! Thanks for the response even if you didn’t answer my question…LOL

Well, you took ten years of piano I think your father is very proud of you…

Me too I took ten years of playing cards coz I want to become a professional gambler but my father cook those cards and let me eat those…tsk.tsk.tsk. I think my father is not proud of me…

39. bevil51 on June 28, 2009 at 1:15 pm

hey, Mike i was wondering if the music you play at the beginning and end of the LPTV episodes and LPUTV episodes is stuff you guys plan to have ont he album or stuff you just put together because i did notice (What i believe to be a cello) cello from in between is played right at the end of the new LPTV episode the making of new divide.

Thanks!!!!

40. Maaark on June 28, 2009 at 11:34 am

Great post Mike. I’m glad the new album has more rapping, but I’d also love to see you singing again. Can we also expect that?
    It’s interesting to know that you sang in a choir for a number of years, I only knew about your piano classes. It’s cool to see that you also learned keyboards, guitar and bass on your own. I’ve been taking singing classes since March and was considering taking guitar classes as well, but I think I could try to learn on my own like you did.๐Ÿ™‚
    Oh yeah, I don’t know why people’re trying to draw a line between WID and ND. I never think about that, just listen to the songs and try to understand their meanings.

Have a fabulous Sunday Mike, take care!

41. Luke on June 28, 2009 at 10:33 am

Mike someone just bought this for over 1000 bucks. What’s the backstory to this EP and what about this song that’s suddenly appeared after 11 years called ”She Couldn’t”

42. dianlucas on June 28, 2009 at 9:58 am

‘BASIC PAINTING’ – http://www.mikeshinoda.com/blog/howto-responsestofans/basicpainting

43. cuz on June 28, 2009 at 9:30 am

Thanks for responses! I loved the part about music training. You in a choir? Would LOVE to hear that๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck with drums. Can’t wait for the big art announcement, finally! Now listening to: HT – She Couldn’t. Remember? Can you tell us anything about that?

And after that horrible Michael Jackson story (dude, I grew up listening to his music and I’m so incredibly sad), please, be careful. Take care of yourself and the guys, please.

44. liope on June 28, 2009 at 8:59 am

I’ve missed your art!! I’d love to see some of your stuff again!!๐Ÿ™‚

Hey, i have a question, those featured artists that you started a couple of months ago, is it over? Do we have a winner?

45. allhailmike on June 28, 2009 at 7:51 am

rap rap rap rap. yeah man ur f*** awesome in that shit. FM FTW! LP FTW!

46. Sheepy on June 28, 2009 at 7:00 am

Will the new album be more of a Rap-rock/metal record? Or will it just feature rapping on its own?(e.g. Hands Held High)

Btw, New Divide is an awesome song. Looking forward to your new record~

47. andreea09 on June 28, 2009 at 6:21 am

….piano, guitar, bass, drums, vocals, rapping, and also beautiful paintings!!!!!!!!!! i hate you!!!!!! xD i can’t ask for more….maybe you’ll come with an idea to play violin or trumpet, too haha :)) well…but i have something to ask….something that i really want….yeah i know, fans are never satisfied haha xD i just want to see you live, guys! especially you, mike!! almost 9 years since your first album and you’ve never been to Romania (eastern Europe). it’s all i want from you! maybe next year…๐Ÿ˜ฆ think about it! :D… LP is the best band and it will always be! good luck in what you’re doing, you’re the best!โค

48. PrincessbyDawn on June 28, 2009 at 5:34 am

Im glad to know that next work will be more rapping, love it!! Can’t wait for new post about your art too, Im a lot into art and love your style. Mike, I would like to see you talking about how you feel – on your life and inside yourself- the impact that your work and music have on people’s life. Your music is a soundtrack to ours lives, your lyrics help us to put things togheter and give a ‘face’ to many feelings on us…the art you produce, songs or paintings, has a huge impact in my life and in many others. How do you deal with that? In other hand, what kind of art/writings/songs cause this effect on your own life? Thank you for to be so sweet with your fans. Love, Pat

49. Malvar91 on June 28, 2009 at 5:23 am

hey mike!! can you confirm that for us? http://cgi.ebay.com/Hybrid-Theory-DEMO-CD-Linkin-Park-Unreleased-RAREST-ONEW0QQitemZ220438455105QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusicCDs?hash=item335327e341&trksid=p3286.c0.m14&trkparms=65%3A12 one hybrid theory demo cd with a track that wasn’t released. called “SHE COULDN’T”, thanks! from brazil

50. dutchsoldier on June 28, 2009 at 5:09 am

Cool responses!

I think the majority of the fans like the news about you putting your FM energy into the new LP album the most! That rocks! On the other hand I really like all the things that you guys put your ‘endless’ effort and energy into, so MTM was amazing to!

Thanks for being so great!

51. JoeyDC on June 28, 2009 at 4:58 am

Hey Mike, seriously I’m so tired hearing people say or having them think that “What I’ve Done” and “New Divide” sounds just like the same. If you ask me, they have no clue about music! Some comments are just unnecessary especially posted on the message board. Some people just have the “I know everything better” attitude or are just being dumb and make no sense at all. I hope things like that won’t discourage you as an artist, because after all there are still so many people out there that actually know what good music is and wouldn’t come up with something idiotic like “both songs sound the same. Fabulous job on “New Divide!”

52. Chemist999 on June 28, 2009 at 4:22 am

Are able to warp time or something? Because the scope of your abilities is breathtaking. Now that I think of it, warping of spacetime continuum would make great effect for song.

53. torresliv on June 28, 2009 at 3:49 am

Mike did you see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlr41kP6ucg ? The best remix of New Divide in the internet I think you should write about it.

54. ms_shock on June 28, 2009 at 2:55 am

Piano, then keyboards, guitar, bass, rapping, choir and now you’re trying to learn drums. + your texts for your songs. + your paintings. Holy Jesus, i can’t believe!!! x__x Mike, you’re mazochist or psycho. LOL I always wondering if you’re allien or something. You obviously aren’t human.

55. Lobby on June 28, 2009 at 2:37 am

About New Divide, what in my opinion is the most different from What I’ve Done is drums, atleast seems to me. I went to watch the movie, it ROCKED, I loved it so bad I might go again… And they had really picked nice scenes in the beginning of the movie where to use New Divide, and the end, I just didn’t want to leave the cinema, wanted to hear it so much… But, I wonder… Is Transformers going to be a trilogy…o_O

56. Wotur11 on June 28, 2009 at 1:14 am

waiting for your rappin a lot lot mike! i really admire your childhood with music filled… wow now i m 14 but i cant play any instrument yet… shy lolz have a nice day mikey xoxox

57. Sigou on June 28, 2009 at 12:30 am

Hey Mike I’m also a big fan of yours and generally Lp and I would like to know if the next Lp album is gonna be your last one. plz answer my question!!๐Ÿ™‚ (sorry for my english man)

58. young_sul on June 27, 2009 at 10:57 pm

Hey mike! listen im a big fan of SOB and i (and many others) need this new album (reseda beach) of theirs to come out sooner rather than later. What is the deal with you, WBA, and SOB? yall havent fallen out have you? Is there nothing you can do to move things along with the execs at WB? I know you real busy man but plzzz do something man.

59. Zwatika on June 27, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Thank you Mike for confirming that you’ll rap more in the next album then you did in MtM. I was worried about that for weeks man. Thanks Mike, best of luck!!!

60. anamms on June 27, 2009 at 9:56 pm

^^

61. theOuiSkey on June 27, 2009 at 9:15 pm

no question…u answer alot of questions already…let me know if u need any help in Haiti…i am here for project for a while…i can tell you how situation here like…and the fact that some might not know…about the aid…

LPK

62. Loukkid on June 27, 2009 at 8:45 pm

How do you feel when you walk on red carpet?

LOVE YOU

63. alina07 on June 27, 2009 at 7:33 pm

wow Mi,so great to see that there will be more rap elements in the next LP album.also,I’m looking forward to the next Fort Minor album,for i recommended that to my friends all the time and they all very LOVE it.so they,as well as me, are very fond of your rap.hehe,kinda so GREAT.I was frustrated after hearing the MTM in 2007 because you see that only one song has your rap.after all,we wanna you and Chaz to “sing” and “rap”.

64. MaggotTheory on June 27, 2009 at 6:41 pm

along with JURH… the hybrid theory demo, “she couldn’t”….. Someone bought it for $1000+ … do u plan on re’easing it. PRETTY PLEASE

65. GL1TCH on June 27, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Thank god! I’ve been going crazy weather the new album will have more rapping then mtm! You are by far one of the greatest rapper’s I’ve ever listened too!

66. LPBekka on June 27, 2009 at 6:20 pm

It’s interesting to see that other people see a similarity between what I’ve done and New Divide but I think they’re as similar as they are different. They’re both amazing songs and the fact that New Divide reached 83 listens in two days on my ipod [yes I love music] means of course it’s brilliant. I am kinda curious [though you’ve probably been asked this before] is it a foreshadow of the new LP album-although with more rapping that MTM as you’ve said?

67. durg on June 27, 2009 at 6:04 pm

thank youuuu for the comment about new divide, it was bothering me watching everyone nit-pick ND & compare it to WID, ugh.๐Ÿ˜„

68. Jurh on June 27, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Mike, “Off topic”
    Can you tell us something about the song “She Couldn’t”?
    It’s real?

69. mraznxcrazyxboi on June 27, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Mike i have a question for you. How did Michael Jackson effected your life? How did it effected your music carrer or he didn’t.

70. Stefanlp on June 27, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Hello Mike, i really like how you answer to the members. And i would like to ask you to think about coming to the balkan’s like in Macedonia, Serbia, Albania, Bulgaria ect. http://media.maps.com/magellan/Images/MACEDO-W1.gif . Cause you have fans here too

71. Dave58127204 on June 27, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Hey,
    In the “Making of New Divide” video for LPTV, you mention you made four songs. Megatron, Optimus, Starscream, and Bumblebee. Megatron became New Divide, but as for the three other songs, will those be on the new Linkin Park album, or will they be on a LPU album, or something, or will they just be forgotten?
    We would love to hear them!

72. Madlen on June 27, 2009 at 4:27 pm

We already knew that you’re like super talented but you just blow my mind away man!:)Btw I really like your responses to fans…I’d love to see you answering me one day๐Ÿ˜€ anyway what’s the big announcement?

73. EmKei on June 27, 2009 at 4:13 pm

More rapping on the next album-AWESOME! So, will there be song like No Roads Left, where you’ll be singing? I mean that song rocks! By the way, thanks for answering the questons, I gotta agree with other fans-it really shows how much you care about us!

74. ninguem on June 27, 2009 at 3:03 pm

” I was also in a choir group for a number of years.”

mike tell more about this! did you sing in a choir? was a church choir? some stories?

and what you think about michael jackson? you liked, disliked whatever bye

and about “she couldn’t” song, this is real or just a scam?

75. Lvix on June 27, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Jeej! More rap again! Can’t wait for the next record! Mike, if you’re touring and you’re in a town or country near close to one of the mikeshinoda.com featured artists. Would you like to meet them? Please, let me know because i know one of the bands personaly. Ps.: I just came back from a festival where i watched Johnny Berlin’s performance. There was a girl who came to me and she said:”Oh My God! I saw you’re Youtube video! You meeted Linkin Park in real! Oh My God, Take me with you next time! Woow!” Lol, you guys are making me famous.

Greetz,
    Lode

76. frgt1O on June 27, 2009 at 3:01 pm

Hey Mike!

remember that? what about a full song? snippet of “she couldnt” is awesome!

77. Thom_ on June 27, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Choir… yeah that’s cool… but DRUMMER!

COMMON GROUND :D:D:D:D

How long have you been playing? What kit do you have? Who are your favorite drummers? What style of drumming are you into? I’m trying to learn Latin at the moment but the polyrhythms are tough.

Also double bass drumming ain’t that a bitch๐Ÿ˜›

78. Sammy on June 27, 2009 at 2:34 pm

OH yeah would be great if you could show us how to do art like you ! And there’s something I would like to know, in a german magazine was standing that Linkin Park has chances to win an Oscar for the soundtrack you’ve made for Transformers 2. Is that true?

79. davidkyoku on June 27, 2009 at 2:25 pm

The responses are a good idea. I’ve had a very similar music training than you in my life =). The idea of the rap in the next cd sounds very cool…it seems you wannna remake the idea of making that “hybrid theory”, don’t you? Also I think some fans needed that explanation of new divide lol. I have lots of things to tell you, someday I’ll do it. Have a nice day Mike

80. Yahali on June 27, 2009 at 2:13 pm

hey mike:) I’ve heard on MTV an old song of LP which is called ‘Crawling’. After few song, I heard your new pascol for Transformers movie – ‘New Divide’. I know about the decision to make the change of the genres – between nu metal to rock

I wonder if you have any thought of regert about the old genre.

Today, when you are listening to a song like ‘Crawling’, do you think to yourself: ”we could do it better” or ”we could do it in a different way”?

81. Shinoda77 on June 27, 2009 at 2:12 pm

mike, im so sorry about michael jackson’s death, pls take care of yourself more than ever, i dont want other michaels to get hurt๐Ÿ˜ฆ love youโค.

and im looking for everything which is coming up

82. Jason_LPP on June 27, 2009 at 2:11 pm

hey mike. i was wondering if you could comment on the authenticity of this demo tape that has appeared on ebay, specifically, the song entitled “She Couldn’t”.

83. lucky_cat on June 27, 2009 at 1:40 pm

It’s always good to see how much you care about your fans๐Ÿ™‚ Today it’s exactly 1 year ago that me and my son saw you the first time live, at Waldbuehne Berlin. How time flies! “What I’ve done” was the opening song, lol, do you remember this?! I haven’t thought the song is similar to “New Divide” …
    So you’ll do more rapping on the next LP album, that’s good. Dope beats are good too. (And Rick Rubin?! And genre busting?! …) Do you know what? I stop thinking about it and wait for the big surprise.

84. Marie14 on June 27, 2009 at 1:35 pm

hey mike…thank you so much for answering my question!…it’s so cool that the next LP record will have more rapping! I can’t wait for it๐Ÿ™‚
    Wow…it’s cool that you’ve learned playing the guitar on your own…is it hard to learn it alone? because I really would like to start learning guitar but i don’t realy know how to start it๐Ÿ˜€

85. miKer0cks on June 27, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Aww awesome Mike! Thx for answering these…I can’t wait to see your new art and learn from you some more…I loved that post you did a few months back giving us directions on how to start with drawing๐Ÿ˜‰ o.O and you’re learning to play the drums now? Awesome…I’m guessing that Bourdie is great teacher๐Ÿ˜‰ I can only play the intro of One Step Closer and No More Sorrow on the drums….but that’s something right?

PS. take a look at this when you have some time http://linkinpark.com/post/member/EvoOba/all/june25th2008oneyear_after You’ll understand what’s about when you read it๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a great weekend

86. james_elliott on June 27, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Dude…. question. “She Couldn’t?” 1998? Someone has some clip of it online, after putting it up on ebay, I guess it’s you guys. Sounds like Chester, and sounds like you. This is really a… very intriguing clip, and I guess if it’s over 10 years old you probably don’t even know about it anymore, but… do you think you might be able to shed some light on that one? I think people have heard of it before, but nobody’s ever heard it. What’s up, Glue?

87. Deftones06 on June 27, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Hey Mike! I usually love the “Responses to comments” posts…but…nothing to say about Michael Jackson? I mean he was such a great artist, and even if I’m not a fan of pop music, I have to admit he brought a revolution in the history of Video Clips.

Otherwise, a snippet of an old Linkin Park demo is running around the web. The song is called “She Couldn’t” and sounds awesome, but only 25 seconds of it have been released. So now that your fans know this demo exist, it would be great if you gave us the whole thing!!! PLease Mike….lol

PS: you can hear the song here: http://www.lpamerican.com/media/Linkin%20Park/Audio/Demo/She%20Couldn%27t.mp3

88. Eddie on June 27, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Great!!! Very interesting!!! It’s awesome to read responses to the fans!!! By the way the first image, at the Fort Minor responce, it isn’t visible, it just says image… Please if you want, re-upload it, it’s FM related, I want to see it! Thanks again for responding to the fans!!! Also how’s the X-Box game gone??? Did you win???

PS: I’m soooo glad, cause I bought them, finally!!!! Congratulations Mike, awesome work!!! Love them!!! (It’s so symbolic,
    the shoes delivered to me one year after the show in Athens, 25/6/09!!!!)

Take care brother!!!

89. ShadowerLiltani on June 27, 2009 at 12:33 pm

I did notice that New Divide was a very, very long song for you guys. I’m actually a little surprised that you want to do more rapping on this next album. I’ve always personally felt like a little bit of you goes a very, very long way. (You have a lot of stage presence. I wonder if you have ever noticed that). I’m not saying you shouldn’t do more rapping, that’s just my casual interpretation. I have seen that LP has taken on a lot more hobbies in the last four years. And that is totally fine, but, it’s seeming to me like you as a whole are breaking away from music a little bit, and seeking out new things. Will this upcoming album be the last one? It’s fine is it is, I’m just curious.

90. pat on June 27, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Hello mike I love the “Reply To Fan” lol:) So who won the game on xbox? you or the fans? lol๐Ÿ™‚

91. _MiHaRu_ on June 27, 2009 at 12:29 pm

great and interesting responses Mike.. but..I’m surprised…you didn’t say anything about the death of Michael Jackson…I wasn’t exactly a fan but he was a great artist and changed the music history in different ways..

92. merve on June 27, 2009 at 12:19 pm

i like that ‘response to fans’ posts:)
    but tell us something about upcoming summer tour…what are u guys planing to shock us this summer??give us some clue
    should i be excited from now??:))

93. EpilepticChickenScratch on June 27, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Good responses =) So, I have to ask something that has nothing to do with anything that you posted or HAVE posted, lmfao. After we hung out with you guys on the 17th, Ignacia and I both got sick. I don’t know about her, but I was running a fever of about 102, and now have a severe sinus and ear infection, HA. My question: Have any of you guys been sick lately (or are you sick NOW?) And if so, what exactly is it that you have, because I’d greatly like to know what Ignacia, my friend Emily, and I caught and am now giving to my three-year-old niece, lmfao. I wouldn’t “blame” you guys, but we got it RIGHT after we were with you guys. Thanks, haha. -Jade

94. MS_Ineedyou on June 27, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Thanks for doing the “Respones To Fan Comments”๐Ÿ™‚ Hey … i asked a FM question … put my name in there LMFAO jk So … is that a yes or no ?? No more Fort Minor ?!? D: —Brooke .

95. rockermeg on June 27, 2009 at 11:52 am

Yay first comment…
    I think it’s great you’re doing another Responses to Fans
    So that means no more FM stuff? I signed up for the FMM and ordered the package but I never got it and I can’t log in on the site either…waste of money? Also waste of a birthday present
    But I’m glad to hear there’ll be beats and rapping in the next album๐Ÿ™‚ I can imagine something with the same sort of style as Somewhere I Belong, I don’t know why…
    Yay art news