Celeritas and GLXS DIES

July 10, 2009

Glorious Excess DIES is on the way…but first, the SURU Celeritas show on Saturday at 8pm. Mr. Hahn and John Hensley have put a lot of work into this one; I think it’s going to be really incredible. I’m looking forward to seeing the Barry McGee motorcycle…more info at http://suru-la.com/, of course.

On a random note, here’s an interview I did with Art Center:

1. vklp on July 16, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Hi Mike, I am from Czech republic. IΒ΄d like to go to LA and see your pictures. I went to ambasy for visum but there was told me that I didnΒ΄t have enough prooves about my relationship to my family. I can go anywhere but not to your USA. Please take your great pictures to for ex. Europe. I think that you will be accesful even there.

2. LauraBee on July 15, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Hey Mike,

on the subject of art…. I am graduating tomorrow with a first class honours degree in Graphic Design. Just wanted to try and tell you, Thanks for doing what you do and inspiring me to push on, be as brave as I can be. I think you are amazing. Ive been with LP since hybrid theory and you guys are still my number one. I wish I could express how much you mean to me.

Thanks for all you do, Laura x x x

3. zahra on July 14, 2009 at 5:54 am

thanx!!!!! X)

4. Sintia on July 13, 2009 at 11:10 am

I really love the interview that you posted on here. It touched on some really good points which I truly agree with even tho some may have commented that this interview was on Art Center’s website for a long time. The one about the fan who had a brain tumor that listened to LP during her surgery. I also loved how you mentioned that you would like for them to invent one item that would work as an IPOD, video game console, computer,& PDA along throw in features of a garage door opener”find my house keys”. don’t forget..”find my dog” feature! lol That had me laughin. I hope you, LP, and your families are doing good and are in good health.πŸ™‚

5. Dori on July 11, 2009 at 11:48 pm

Hope you had a great night, Mike! Would’ve loved to have come down for it…

The Neuphoria (pls excuse my spelling) peice for GLXS Dies is one of the coolest paintings I’ve ever seen!!!

6. TheLPFreak on July 11, 2009 at 1:31 pm

it looks great..love it ..Xd wish i’ve such a talent..to make stuff like that..XD ly greatings to the other guys

7. Madlen on July 11, 2009 at 8:49 am

I’ve read that before I think…anyway it’s a really nice interview:)

8. exia_7 on July 10, 2009 at 10:41 pm

interesting. i know this is random but, have you guys considered a title for your next album?

9. abbykulyde on July 10, 2009 at 10:39 pm

wow, very nice interview you got here mike.. it really shows how intelligent you are as an artist, a musician and a (not so ) ordinary human..hehehe..;p very touching story about the cancer patient-fan you’ve got guys.. you are really a great inspiration to all of us..

btw, since many of us cannot travel half way round d world, kindly post some pics of these special events!

have a nice weekend mike.. take care!
    β™₯abby

10. Maaark on July 10, 2009 at 8:59 pm

And again there you are posting about event I can’t go! Ha! I’m sure it’ll be really great Mike!
    Have a nice weekend man!

11. The_StRo on July 10, 2009 at 8:20 pm

12. ShadowerLiltani on July 10, 2009 at 8:12 pm

The link to the interview doesn’t work… WAH!!!! kicks and screams I wanna see piccies of the finished helmet so badly. Oh, and I wrote about Glorious Excess (Dies) in my blog, to be both informative and to say a few things about you as an artist/individual and the show itself. I haven’t been able to do an art update on my blog for a long, long time. Twas fun: http://www.freewebs.com/theartbook35/apps/blog/show/1340676-glorious-excess-dies-press-release

13. LPmadman on July 10, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Cool interview dude ! .. can’t wait for ur New DC shoes ! i think so ,the SURU Celeritas show it’s going to be awesome, cuz they always provide a shocking stuff ‘ Craola is my man !! .. btw , 8 comment so far ??!! .. I also haven’t see a comments from the ‘ Hot MS Huge Fans Untouchable Princess Snow White ‘ here LOL !! seriously where the hell is everybody ??

14. WaffletownUSA on July 10, 2009 at 5:36 pm

hey mike u should check out the band skillet, they have a unique sound that i think u would like

15. Lvix on July 10, 2009 at 4:28 pm

The New DC shoes are almost arrived!! Waah! You can not always get what you want, i would like to take a visit at an artshow with your art Mike. But in Belgium i really don’t get the chance.

Greetz,
    Lode

16. lucky_cat on July 10, 2009 at 3:14 pm

I believe that it’s going to be incredible and I hope you’ll do a big post about it (or SURU)! Ugh, when, do you think, will they ever realize the teleportation-thing?!πŸ™‚ I know I know, they’re on the way … Thank you so much for sharing this interview, it is the most interesting one so far, at least to me.
    Well, I’d like to share something too. Like I promised I uploaded the pictures I took at the street art festival “Urban Affairs” here in Berlin. My camera is not the best, but I tried my bestπŸ™‚ So I hope you and everyone who is interested like it. Follow me:

17. cuz on July 10, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Random? LOL Dude, are you shitting me? This interview is on Art Center’s website for a long time ;D I don’t exactly remember how long, but a year or two… Or it was just after TRT was released? You’re so funnyπŸ™‚

Can’t wait for both art shows, always great to have some new piece from you! I love the word “celeritas”. The Godfather show will be interesting as well – a part of that painting you showed us was impressive. Have a nice dayπŸ™‚

18. Kalini on July 10, 2009 at 2:47 pm

A distant relative of Petr Ilich Tchaikovsky. Are you of Russian descent? That was a surprise. The interview is very nice. Thanks for the link! It’s great that you started posting links to SURU’s site lately. Celeritas is going to be really incredible. BTW, I just saw Transformers. Yeah, finally! I really liked it. New Divide sounded great, too. K

19. YuN_RoCks on July 10, 2009 at 2:26 pm

link doesn’t work Mike! ._.
    when I’ll be able to come and see L.A, I will definitely go to SURU!

20. Eddie on July 10, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Haha!!! 2nd comment!!! The interview was very nice!!! And the SURU Celeritas show is going to be awesome!!! Post some pics if you can!!!!πŸ™‚

21. Curiosa on July 10, 2009 at 12:56 pm

??? No comments so far??? You must have snuck in here.πŸ˜› lol Mind posting some pics of SURU Celeritas if you go? πŸ™‚ Thanks.πŸ™‚ Oh & thanks again for the info on GED.πŸ™‚

Nice interview.πŸ™‚ & again it goes to show me you & I have more in common than I had hoped. No offense just like to be an individual.πŸ™‚ Oh I just a pic of you on lpmb w/your artwork in the background. You look like a combo of both annoyed & mad. lol Have a good weekend.πŸ™‚