Super-Limited "NEUPHORIA" Print

August 24, 2009

image

In conjunction with Glorious Excess Dies, I’ll be offering a few new pieces of merchandise. Proceeds go to charity, as usual. Check out the new “info” here, top right in the purple box…

——————————->

Anyway, one of the items, which is sure to go fast, will be the signed print. “Neuphoria” is one of the featured pieces in the show, and is the only print being released in conjunction with the opening. AND THERE WILL ONLY BE 25 COPIES. Each one will be signed and numbered, and there is a limit of one per person. They’re $100; you’ll have come really early if you intend on getting this item.

More info on the other merchandise coming soon.

PS, on a random note, how about this guy?

1. Ellz on September 7, 2009 at 11:08 pm

Double ditto’ing what NISW posted… I’ve been checking out all his videos on YOUTUBE. can’t get enough of this guy “Dub FX” A US Tour would be “Smashing!”

2. nisw on September 3, 2009 at 3:57 am

Yo Mike

This guy you found in the video, Dub FX, I follow his facebook postings. And he found out that you liked his song and now he tries to get in contact with you. Can you contact him? He would love to set up a tour with you through the US.

You can find him at

3. Madlen on August 29, 2009 at 4:38 pm

too bad there will only be 25 copies😦 looking forward to the book and prolly one of the decks:DI got the “Women” one from glorious excess born.this guy rules btw

4. torch95 on August 26, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Hey Mike..Well your day is almost here..cool deal. Like i said i guess i’m finally get a chance to see this art work.If its anything like your music it will be good.. Again hopefully get to meet & Greet..see you there August 29th! Bright and Early! WIll bring the 7 Elven Coffee..hmmmm..Good!

5. xXLEOXx on August 25, 2009 at 2:19 pm

WTF? _ This guy is totally awesome, man! He reminds me on a german musician, who calls “Gentleman”. He really sounds like him! Cool thing!
    Can’t wait to see your GLXS (Dies) book! Will we in Europe can buy it, too? Hopefully!^^ Four days left, dude!🙂 I wish I could see you and your art in person!😥
    Take care, Mike! ♥ regards from germany!

6. YourConscience on August 25, 2009 at 1:51 pm

HOLY WOW. Thanks for sharing this video on Dub FX – the guy’s amazing. I checked out the website and plan on ordering Everythinks a Ripple (if not Live in the Street as well). Not only is his method cool, but his songs are actually pretty awesome. You guys should invite him to the US for a Projekt Rev sometime…

An a different note, I’m still bummed that I probably can’t make GLXS (Dies), but I’m still excited about it. Haha. I look forward to your coverage of the show here, and hopefully we can make it up to LA before the exhibit closes.

7. nikkiann0100 on August 25, 2009 at 1:03 pm

I will make sure to get there early then. I noticed on the JANM site it mentioned that LPU members would have priority at the signing. Will there be a post there with more info?

8. davidkyoku on August 25, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Mike! thanks for the information about the gallery…it would be amazing of you open it also in Europe. And I’m agree with Hahninator idea, the VMA score would be an interesting fact.

Also I think it would be great if you talk someday about the process of writing a Linkin Park song…if you write the lyrics at first, how much time do you spend to record, etc.

David

PS: did you read the Linkin Park magazine? (aviable in linkin park spain site)

9. raphy on August 25, 2009 at 11:57 am

Mike, would be cool if you could post the tracks you did for the vmas. we would really appreciate that!

10. child on August 25, 2009 at 11:40 am

It would be cool if LP sold their CDs on the street like that guy:)

11. Hahninator on August 25, 2009 at 11:25 am

Hi Mike. Mark from LPLive. You know how you did 10 tracks for the VMA score? We’ve got 5 that were on MTV.com in 2005 and just saw that a clip of another one is in the new LPTV episode. Any chance you can post all 10 or at least the 5 we don’t have on your music player on here? It would be awesome man.

12. Phoenix10 on August 25, 2009 at 10:46 am

WOW I´m really impressed.I really like his style and the beat,the voice.totally awesome!!!great!I wanna see more of him,please!

13. muno_LP on August 25, 2009 at 10:36 am

realy good!!!

14. SheenaIsAparasite on August 25, 2009 at 10:23 am

He’s amazing. Love this song.

15. leiza on August 25, 2009 at 10:12 am

beatbox reminded me of another similar thing…

16. GraiggyLand on August 25, 2009 at 9:35 am

Hey mike, hope the print will be available online on mikeshinoda.com i have all of them and need this one too… only 25 can u tell the hour you’ll sell them online (if you do)… i love the “war” between dave and you… i wanna know who will have the last word … ;o)
    take care..
    G.

17. david on August 25, 2009 at 9:19 am

“Some blog’s layouts are never updated… I have access to a team of smart people who would be happy to show you how to avoid this (Mr. S)!” -phoenix

also, can you check out the latest post on lplive.net? we were wondering if you could post the music that you did for the VMAs from a while back. we realized that a clip was used in the latest lptv and wanted to know if there was more.

18. cincybmxlpfreak on August 25, 2009 at 9:06 am

Mike! That dude is sick! You guys should put him on the next Projekt Rev.😛 He’d be a nice addition to the Revolution Stage.🙂 I love his reggae feel. He reminds me of Bradley Nowell of Sublime, except more hip-hop.😛

19. Maaark on August 25, 2009 at 8:39 am

Hey Mike! Thanks for the info about Glorious Excess (Dies). Like I’ve been commenting on every post about your art show, I’d love to be there. I’d also love to buy the signed print, but it’s too expensive for the people who don’t live in the US. If I turn it to reais (which is Brazil’s money) it’ll cost more than 200 box. But I’ll try to buy it! I know it’s for charity and I wanna help. Plus, I SO want anything signed by you… HAHA!

Dub FX is pretty talented! Never heard of him before. Thanks for sharing!

Take care man, have a nice week!

20. cuz on August 25, 2009 at 8:38 am

Can’t wait to get the art book! The prints look great. Also, the guy is pretty interesting.

21. Michael1904 on August 25, 2009 at 7:33 am

Mike, glad to see you’ve found Dub FX! I’ve just got into him in the last two weeks, I like his stuff a lot. Check out “Rudeboy” which you can download free from his site. I just ordered a couple of his albums. Funny, that was the first video of his that I saw and when I heard it, I thought maybe you might like it. I should post you a link next time…

Michael

22. Avi on August 25, 2009 at 7:23 am

I wish I had one of these…

23. Manongross on August 25, 2009 at 7:01 am

Mike. If you read the comments. Please answer me, do you have a MySpace? Or all are fake? If you want look, this is my: http://www.myspace.com/495694970. Will be a great honor if you be my friend. Thanks. And the mouth? Better i hope.
    And sorry for my english, i don’t know much…
    ‘^^

24. Jen1210 on August 25, 2009 at 6:09 am

That vid – that’s Ben from N.O.N! He’s more known for his work in Dub FX, but he did some insanely good work in Never Or Now. Such a diverse guy, can do anything!

25. msgirl on August 25, 2009 at 5:58 am

limited 25 prints?=( i can’t even see your art show!as i see,most of your fans can’t see your show because of the locations!have u ever considered making your art show in europe especially Germany????if u make your show in Germany,i can see!=)

or,i have a good idea!can you save one of them for me?and when i go to America i will buy it!haha!i wish you would! =) have a nice show!Mikey!good luck!!!!

HAVE A SMILEY DAY!love yah LP!

26. Peryman on August 25, 2009 at 4:08 am

Ive actually been following Dub FX for a while now threw work (I work for Roland Music ). Not that long ago he did work for BOSS showing off his effects and how he makes his beats with Loop station and his delays etc. He actually surprised me. Hes centrally changing the face of beat boxing.

EDIT: Heres the Roland/Boss video i was talking about

27. Ferith on August 25, 2009 at 3:56 am

hmmm I think this one still owns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-phzsNvxcI

28. Eddie on August 25, 2009 at 3:56 am

I would like SO much to be there and buy one of these great pieces but as I said before I can’t…..😦 Greece… Too far…. Also I would like so much to buy a skate deck, I read it at the info merchandise! The guy in the video rocks!!!! He’s amazing!!!!

29. Setita on August 25, 2009 at 3:56 am

LoL spaniel good point about Manongross comment!
    The showed beatbox is pretty cool but i’m not much keen about reggae rhythm
    Skyolker – I always thought that fake cannot be as good as original but music of this guy is REALLY good! Thanks for sharing!!
    …Although no one can scream as good as Chester😉

30. SkyOlker on August 25, 2009 at 3:38 am

Hey Mike, how about this guy? I don’t know if you’ve seen him before…Sound a little bit like young LP.🙂

His myspace: http://www.myspace.com/razorrednoise

31. gaby_ on August 25, 2009 at 3:13 am

Glorious Excess Dies….. in america…. nice …but what about europe😛 ??? well i guess some of us will not come😛 …about the beat box …cool xD really cool … he have nice style…. i remember some ppl wear the same clothes before few years :)))

32. yangxinwei on August 25, 2009 at 2:35 am

嗨,麦克,我真想去看你的画展,只可惜去不了,梦中去了好多次呵呵!hi ,mike ,i really want to go there ,but ,in fact i cant,so sad ,may in dream i can go ,thank you !

33. PrincessbyDawn on August 25, 2009 at 2:30 am

Mike, by any chance can we buy those things online?! Is that possible to buy the book or even the skateboards by internet? I live in Brazil and I would love to have them…. I went to many shops where they have DC shoes and asked about your shoes and all but they don’t have this here….Anyway, let us know if and where we can buy those things online, pleaseeeeeee hehehe… Good luck with the show man, you are great artist!! …and I enjoyed a lot the video hehehe…..love, Pat

34. Lobby on August 25, 2009 at 2:27 am

I like Dub FX.. But IMO this one is better “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhBoR_tgXCI”.

35. zahra on August 25, 2009 at 2:13 am

as my friend LYRA said!DONT STOP!and beatbox was awesome!!anyways.i dont know if u know Nichole but i think u MUST!….after answering her comment on this site and meeting in a m&g and meeting in blogworld!…well there’s a lot of reasons why u should know her !the thing is i asked her to get me a that book thing(120pages book thing) and i asked her to get it signed BY U and then sent it to me ,,PLZ REMIND HER!!i have a feeling she ‘ll forget!////…my bad luck is that my flight to Chicago is on the 29th!!I CANT MAKE IT TO UR SHOW!!I TRIED SO MUCH BUT..!sooo my hope left is she gets the book thingy 4 me!…it means sooo much to me!!!

36. Crimson_Rose on August 25, 2009 at 1:50 am

I’d love to go there and to see GLXS, I’d love to see Your art…but I can’t, I live in Poland…:(
    So, good luck on the 29th🙂
    Edit: is it possible, to buy the GLXS Book in Europe…?

37. Lvix on August 25, 2009 at 1:33 am

I saw a lot of beatboxers and i always say: Cool, cool and cool…
    But this one was more then cool, i can’t stop listening his song!
    He should be rich already!

Greetz,
    Lode

38. marivelle on August 25, 2009 at 1:33 am

just as soon as i start shitting benjamins, i’ll come by and get one!

39. Lyra on August 25, 2009 at 1:19 am

awww……….too bad i live on the other side of the world..stupid Pacific…>:-[(……….anyway……………if i can get i scholarship after high school……and by any chance move to LA, i’ll be there…………so don’t stop………….plz………..wait a few years………:'(……….

40. Fatima91MS on August 25, 2009 at 12:48 am

Wow…how cool Mike! Oh i’m dream about to visit ur exhibition….someday! I’m study in College Design now!I want to see ur art…but i’m live in Russia….😦

good luck Mike, on August29th🙂 you’re so awesome!❤😀

41. WidyaRahayu on August 25, 2009 at 12:47 am

i’m still finding a way to go to your artshow (no matter how far java – L.A. is)

PS: i got something for you and dave at my dA page. see ya there!

42. Heyyeye on August 25, 2009 at 12:17 am

Such a pity that i can’t come…Mike ,u ‘re awesome!!!!

43. joelle1984 on August 25, 2009 at 12:14 am

Mike, how I wish I could be there…but I am in China

44. spaniel on August 24, 2009 at 11:56 pm

About beatbox – quite respectable. But I ‘m not fan of that music, it’s monotonous, I tired from these (I mean just his song). Sorry for my bad English…Hmm…maybe I should take notes of myself? And one day Mike will see my creative work…)) In generally LP – the best of the best of the best!)
    Manongross, ask the telephone number next time)) and pasport’s information).

45. abbykulyde on August 24, 2009 at 11:53 pm

this is so cool mike, but unfortunately i can’t come..:( was about to see your “Follow the Leader” piece but i failed, too late that i know about it (Mindstyle in Manila last august 8) stupid me!

oh btw, you seem so excited on GLXS Dies.. good luck mike..

♥abby

46. DinaraLP on August 24, 2009 at 11:48 pm

this guy is amazing! I even can’t believe that ge could do all this thing alone! Great

47. miKer0cks on August 24, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Oh they seem pretty dope!🙂 I wish I could come to the art show…I’m one of those who live too far away. Damn😦 But I’ll be sure checking out all the merchandise and I’ll definetely buy the art book🙂 Everytime you post about GED, I can tell through the words that you’re super excited about it, meaning it’s gonna be the awesomest show ever!😀

That guys is pretty cool, thx for sharing🙂

PS. I watched half of the interview you guys gave to KROQ on saturday. I didn’t know you are an Alice in Chains fan🙂 That’s cool! And the new LPTV episode is nice. Kinda sort but it covered everything about Celeritas🙂

48. spraypaintNinkpens on August 24, 2009 at 11:07 pm

Looks nice. Can we get a preview of what the decks look like?

49. soyuneik on August 24, 2009 at 10:53 pm

Your late. I watched that insanity 3 days ago. But the prints are dope. Its just a matter of eating versus buying one. Hmm.
    I’m bringing my MPC, if you feel like battling lemme know. ;C) I’m gonna stick this lil 10 gig laptop harddrive in my 2000xl and parade around until I can get myself into some trouble. Two other humans are supposedly accompanying me, who knows.
    Either way, I’m there. PS: http://www.mechanicalvoodoo.com😛