Chi Benefit show Tomorrow

November 18, 2009

There are two benefit shows for Deftones’ bassist Chi Cheng, who was severely injured in a car accident and is currently in a semi-conscious state. I will be playing a song with the guys on Thursday night. If you are in town tomorrow, come to The Avalon for an amazing (and very unique) show.

Thursday, November 19,2009
Avalon
1735 Vine St
Los Angeles, CA 90028-5248
(323) 467-4571

7pm Doors
730pm โ€“ 845pm Guest Openers
9pm Deftones Set Time

1. lucky_cat on November 25, 2009 at 9:16 am

I’m a little late on it, but maybe you read it … either way I can’t go to a show, i hope it was successful. I’m glad you posted about Chi and the donation site … I’ll def donate something.

2. Morinoajin on November 20, 2009 at 1:46 am

Wish I could be there.. I’m stuck in Poland XD

3. Madlen on November 19, 2009 at 11:07 am

I really hope that they raise enough money…it’s too bad that things like that happen to people.I hope Chi gets better soon…

4. Tom_SynNergy on November 19, 2009 at 6:43 am

Poor guy! I hope he gets better soon. For everyone that gets to go to the show – Enjoy!

5. miKer0cks on November 19, 2009 at 6:31 am

Wow! Thx so much for the info! ๐Ÿ˜€ I thought you wouldn’t post anything about it cause my comment to the previous post was made kinda late so I thought you wouldn’t see it…Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Really my thoughts are with his family and friends…I could never believe that these kinda of things can actually happen to ppl until it happened to my aunt ๐Ÿ˜ฆ She’s in a comma now for the last 3 weeks ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Anyways, thx again for the info, have a good time ๐Ÿ™‚

PS. I heard you’re gonna play bass in the show. Is it true?

6. abbykulyde on November 18, 2009 at 7:08 pm

good luck on the show mike.. it really feels good to help…

โ™ฅabby

7. RicoRodz on November 18, 2009 at 6:12 pm

Unfortunately I didnโ€™t stay in LA !

8. boyzdontcry on November 18, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Indeed many ways to help others and this is a good example, Well Good Job Dude !!

9. RurouniKenshin on November 18, 2009 at 6:06 pm

Looking at your last post about all these humanitarian activities, made us really appreciate that you have such great concern for others , Yes , Youโ€™re a Good Man , Dude ..Youโ€™re a Good Man !!

10. LPHooligan on November 18, 2009 at 5:56 pm

Iโ€™m a bit curious about this show, but I was far away from LA .. Ok, just want to say Good luck with the show!

11. soyuneik on November 18, 2009 at 5:56 pm

Each one of those sentences represents a very painful stabbing. 1) Love Deftones 2) Can’t Support 3) Not in Cali 4) Amazing and Very Unique show. ::cries::

12. Lvix on November 18, 2009 at 5:49 pm

I hope we can watch it at youtube or something!

Greetz from Belgium,
    Lode

13. jeffryLP on November 18, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Totally Agree with Miss ShadowerLiltani …

14. The_Black_Hawk on November 18, 2009 at 4:33 pm

Oh…Really sorry for him, and wish you a good performance (as usual!)
    OFF TOPIC: Hey Mike, Have you ever heard of the band “Vanilla Ninja”? They’re 3 Estonian girls, a pop rock/hard rock band…Check ’em out if you had some free time, I recommend you the songs “Blue Tattoo” & “Liar”…Hope you like ’em!

15. AustinW on November 18, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Mike, it’s great that you’re doing this ๐Ÿ˜€
    But how much are the tickets for the show?
    I’d love to help this guy recover =)

—Austin Wallick

16. ShadowerLiltani on November 18, 2009 at 3:54 pm

I am a person who likes to call it as it is. Notice first off how few people have left comments. While I have sympathy and empathy for what Chi Cheng has gone through, but at the same time, I find your involvement in this benefit concert a little hypocritical. Maybe it’s because of the Music for Relief blog you posted yesterday, along with the fact that Cheng is the bassist for the Deftones, a very well known band whose members don’t seem down and out like a lot of people in this country. Or maybe it’s because I was an atheist at a Christian/Gospel funeral listening to a paster preach a huge tangent about hypocrisy, while forgetting the grieving family and the woman who died of cancer.

17. zahra on November 18, 2009 at 3:47 pm

what song?!?!?COOL…then i wish u have fun tomorrow at the show…(i never heard of this guy!) one love 4 chi ?!?!u are never alone BROTHER?!!?what happened to sister?!lol!..is he like Japanese?!?!?…anyhoo TAKE CARE MIKE ๐Ÿ™‚

18. kellz on November 18, 2009 at 2:31 pm

i can’t believe it’s been over a year. good luck at the show, he’ll stay in my prayers

19. liope on November 18, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Will you believe me if i tell you that i was actually thinking about this guy a few days ago?? it’s crazy! ๐Ÿ˜› Anyway i wish the best for him! ๐Ÿ™‚