Random notes, End of 2009

December 30, 2009

I’ve been gone for a minute, with the holidays and everything. Funny–I came back and there are some buggy things going on with mikeshinoda.com’s comments, RSS, and backend. Sorry if it’s messing things up for you–I’m working on some fixes soon.

image

Among other things, I got a Nord Electro 3 for Christmas. I can’t wait to start using it…we’re moving on from the last batch of songs (5) to a new batch. I don’t know what songs will be in the new batch. We have about 15 contenders, with some brand new gems that I worked on with Chester and Brad. The first LP studio meeting of 2010 is next Monday, so we’ll vote on it then.

On another note, I hope you’re getting your New Year’s Eve plans together. I never really make plans, and I end up doing whatever comes up, last minute. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not…but once again, I have no idea what I’ll be up to.

BTW, here’s a better clip of the Medvedev interview. I know I was late on it. I forgot to post it because I was drunk on egg nog.

1. Erik on January 25, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Nice board Mike can’t wait to see what amazing stuff you guys got prepared for this year. I’m thinking of getting equipment to set up a small studio at my house but not sure what to get any recommendations? thanks and keep up the great work.

2. Kenvy on January 5, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Mike, when did you go through puberty? Because your voice got a lot deeper over the years.

3. WidyaRahayu on January 4, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Happy New Year, Mike and Linkin Park! Best wishes to you all! Have a great time making the new album. I’d like to welcome LP on this next chapter of your music with a smile here http://widyarahayu.deviantart.com/art/Day-12-19-HER-FINISHING-149263102

4. chazfann on January 4, 2010 at 11:11 am

wow!its awsome mike.i hope the best 4 the great lp always!i admire all ur awsome paintings!u r the best!good luck M.S

5. ben_moon on January 3, 2010 at 3:12 pm

lmao drunk on egg nog???
    by the way, i was unable to comment on your newest post, but i think mintues to midnight is really underrated, i mean i never really liked you guys much before m2m… i love that album seriously :Dnot only its meaningful its just… amazing.

6. LetΓ­cia_Rusch on January 3, 2010 at 12:03 pm

“I was drunk on egg nog.” xDDDD
    Well, happy new year (late u.u)!!!

I wait anxiously for the next song lp, I can no longer live without linkin park xD
    Good luck mike! and good work!

7. JackShinoda on January 2, 2010 at 3:57 pm

hi mike, happy new year to you, and all of the band, you two have so much success in this new decade, as they had in past. anxiety in the limit for the next album. hope to see you here in Brazil this year. do not forget us, please all the best for you, much success, and health to continue this wonderful career. kisses

8. jerunia_chaz07 on January 2, 2010 at 10:29 am

Hey Mike! Can’t wait for the new album, hope you release it this year=) It’s so great to see how far Linkin park has gone. You guys are awesome and you deserve 10 years of praises…hmm…I was just wondering, is there any chance that you would perform in the Philippines again this Eurasia tour leg? Anyway keep making good music!:)

9. Roxybella on January 2, 2010 at 10:22 am

I can’t wait for the new material. I hope to hear some stuff very very soon! Write write like crazy. And that keyboard looks awesome. I like a lot of the keyboard driven songs.

10. JosieB on January 2, 2010 at 9:44 am

awesome!! Congratulation always wanted that one!!XD

an there will be a art show up in NY i will be a littel bit apart off if u want u can’t check some out on

i will be there 2 February to 10 so could be nice if u got time…

11. Galaxas0 on January 2, 2010 at 9:21 am

Congratulations on the Nord Electro! I’ve been looking at the Korg M3 and the Radias – Are they any good?
    P.S. I hear Julien-k uses the MS2000 which the Radias is a successor to! πŸ˜€

12. baraquito on January 2, 2010 at 12:34 am

Happy new year mike!
    Thanks for the great concert in Stuttgart this year- hope to see you guys in 2010.
    Looking forward to the upcoming album, and have fun putting all your ideas together,
    greetings from germany

13. highlandpark on January 2, 2010 at 12:33 am

I was listening to the Russian President’s interview. Hearing the translator, It seems to me that the President says his son likes Linkin Park. If any Russian LP fan can clarify, it would be much appreciated!!!

14. Roger on January 1, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Happy 2010… Bye 2009… a great year 4 me
    Specially because in that year I went deeper into Linkin Park’ music…

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR MUSIC BECAUSE IT HELPED ME when I came out of the clΓ³set…. It’s funny but is true… if no were for you (all you guys in LP) maybe I would keep sad and very depressed…

THANKS A LOT AND KEEP MAKING AMAZING MUSIC

CAN’T WAIT 4 THE NEW ALBUM‘‘

15. sarah35 on January 1, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Have a marvellous and good New Year. Let each day brings joy, satisfaction and happiness. Keep the smile up always upon your face. I wish it you, your family and rest of the LP. Greetings πŸ™‚

16. withyou on January 1, 2010 at 6:44 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR MIKE πŸ™‚

17. xXLEOXx on January 1, 2010 at 5:07 am

Hey Mikey! Wish you and your family a happy new year from Germany! Hope, you had a nice evening! I look forward to the upcoming LP-Album..! Regards from Germany! <(^^<)β™₯(>^^)> –>LEO<–

18. CuteWhiteBunny on January 1, 2010 at 4:06 am

Happy New year, Mike!

Thanks for the update on the next LP album!

19. jess_unreal on January 1, 2010 at 2:15 am

Hello! Mike happy new year hehe

20. splitting_the_dna on January 1, 2010 at 12:05 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR MIKE !!!

21. ErbseLP on December 31, 2009 at 4:30 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR! ;P
    In germany it’s 01:30a.m. and it’s 2010, yeah!

22. victoria on December 31, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Mikeeeeee!!!!! Happy New Year! Hope you have fun and don’t drink much egg nog again πŸ˜› Take care, a ton of love from Spain one more time!
    *Thanks for the news about the new album.

23. tamara on December 31, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Happy New Year‘‘‘‘ this year the best year that you wish you every success for this year which is coming very soon

24. aLex1011011 on December 31, 2009 at 1:52 pm

wish you a happy new year! alex

25. Raiden on December 31, 2009 at 12:14 pm

Hello Mike! Happy New Year and wish you the best for the new LP record. Hope it will be the greatest album of 2010. It would be a nice present if you could write down on your blog what happened on the Monday band meeting you mentioned. With a few pics :D.

26. williamlinkinpark on December 31, 2009 at 11:38 am

Mike, just popping in to wish you a Happy New year… i met you in greece and i have to say that you are the coolest person in the world….c ya :):) P.S (stay away from the egg nog) hehe..

27. natalia_spain on December 31, 2009 at 11:03 am

Oh good, when the people questions me: Why u like Mike Shinoda? Now I can say apart of all the things u do i can say: ’cause he is drunk on egg nog!!! xDD (nah, is a joke)
    Happy New Year and care with the egg nog xDD
    (Sorry of my bad english other time…i don’t speak english a lot ’cause i live in Spain and i only have 14 years old)

28. NoFace on December 31, 2009 at 11:02 am

Happy New Year! It’s already 2010 at my place. Even tho you said you don’t play ‘making plans’, wiill you create an New Year’s Resolution entry? Or at least, a funny one for entertaining purpose. That would be mad fun.
    Happy to hear about the new album’s progress. Update us more and tell us when it will be ready. 2010 is already here! ;))

29. Olga21 on December 31, 2009 at 10:57 am

Hi Mike! Let New Year to you will bring with snow-laughter, with a frost-pleasure, in affairs-successes, and in the spirit of hardness. Let all treasured to come true, and having overcome a distance of roads, the Hope at a door to you will be knocked and will silently step into a threshold, and after it good luck with a glass celebratory in a hand will enter, will run in, laughing and playing a surprise and a joke with light baggage. I from the bottom of the heart wish love and joyful efforts, let you are afflicted with nothing with 2010!(sorry for my bad english,I speak russian usually,Im from Latvia)

30. lucky_cat on December 31, 2009 at 10:55 am

Here the year ends in 4 hours. My plans are the same as every year: meet the friends, always on the same rooftop, and admire the fireworks from the top. Since yesterday it has snowed a lot and this time it could be a bit dangerous … I hope you’ll also have a wonderful New Year’s Eve.
    On a sidenote: I found an intriguing short film and would like to share it with you. Ok., it’s from 2002 and you might know it already, but it’s worth a try … It’s this video: “The Subconscious Art of Graffiti Removal” by Matt McCormick. After I have gone through various stages of irritation I ended up laughing … I’m curious if you do too.

Happy New Year!

31. nike91 on December 31, 2009 at 10:37 am

hey mike merry Xmas to you dude!!! let it be that the new yaer thats coming would be even better than ever πŸ™‚ and bring to you and the rest of the linkin park family a lot of succes and posperity in your daily work and ocupations!!!!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

32. Madlen on December 31, 2009 at 8:31 am

Well lucky you:DI got some cool presents too:)So I’d like to wish a great New Years Eve:)I wish you a lot of health,happiness,creative energy and just good things in general:)I’m going to spend it with my family and after midnight with my friends…soo have fun and see you next year:)And p.s You posted on my b-day…yay! :)Oh and it would be really great if you post some pics from the band meeting:)

33. BlackOrchid on December 31, 2009 at 6:18 am

Hey Mike!
    Wow, your keybord looks really very cool πŸ™‚ I can imagine, it’s a great fun using it πŸ˜‰
    It’s great to hear that the work on your upcoming album goes well!
    I wish you and the guys good luck for your meeting next monday πŸ™‚
    Men… I can’t hardly wait for the new album (but I allready mentionend that in another comment πŸ˜‰ )
    Wish you and your family and the other guys a Happy New Year, joy, happiness, health and that all your wishes come true!
    Hope to see you guys next year in Vienna!
    Hugs, Bella

34. xandro on December 31, 2009 at 3:56 am

I think BandMerch should make a formal linkin park clothes for the Russian President !!hahahahhahaha

35. msgirl on December 31, 2009 at 1:29 am

wow!you have got an awesome present!yeah!Medvevdev has a good taste in music!=) i thought he was a bad president for some reasons!but now,he is such a great man!=)so today is new year’s eve! i hope u have a great time with your family!actually i am studying in another country!so i have to celebrate it with my friends here!=( i am so jealous!

As the new year blossoms, may the journey of your life be fragrant with new opportunities, your days be bright with new hopes and your heart be happy with love! Happy New Year from your MONGOLIAN fan!=) please,release your album early in 2010!And make many songs!lastly come to Turkey!please!=) =)if you do that my wishes will come true for this year!

36. sheba on December 31, 2009 at 12:52 am

hi ya mike ! your keyboard looks awesome . HAPPY NEW YEAR ! WISH YOU ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW LP ALBUM ( may it crosses the heights of success) i cannot wait for it to be released . TAKE CARE AND ENJOY !

37. SteppinRazor on December 30, 2009 at 8:33 pm

OK WOW! I got a midi keyboard for Christmas too! My first one, actually. But unfortunately for me, my computer is too shitty to let me use it! (also, yours looks like it’s WAY, WAY cooler)

Anyways Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and all that. πŸ˜€
    New Year’s Eve is usually a little up in the air for me and most people I know, actually.
    But if anyone is going to be in the Niagara Falls area on New Year’s Eve, please check out my second favourite band – after Linkin Park, of course – Moeraes Fate. I don’t know if I’ll have a ride yet! It’ll be at Queen Victoria Park which is right beside the Canadian Falls

38. Marie14 on December 30, 2009 at 5:52 pm

yeah! the russian preseident seems to have avery good taste in music πŸ˜€ maybe he’ll rock on a lp concert in first row someday πŸ˜€

i guess a nord electro 3(or what?) is a good present πŸ˜€ have a good,happy new year mike πŸ™‚ i wish you the very best for 2010!

ly marie

39. Linkinlady06 on December 30, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Dang Mike you must have been really good this year! Santa gets you the coolest stuff lol
    I’m not sure what I gonna do for new years either for me its always last minute lol i got in trouble last year but it was so worth it cause i had so much fun so i was so willing to take that punishment πŸ˜„
    I’m so happy to hear that you guys are getting in some studio time! new album has got me on my toes!
    I hope you have a great New years Mike god bless u and your family πŸ™‚ rock on shinizzle!

40. Kaeru on December 30, 2009 at 5:05 pm

hey kenji-kun i like to help you with your New Year’s Eve plan πŸ™‚ how about have a grate time with family and friends, go on tour and make your fans happy, bring out the new LP Album, make a lot asome arts and maybe start to work on a new fort minor album ^-^
    well then dont dring so much alcohol, the next year is the year of the tiger. it will bring you a funny and creativ time but its not good to start the new year with a big hurting head!

41. Tom_SynNergy on December 30, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Who got you the Nord Electro 3 (I mean Santa did, but you know..)? πŸ™‚
    I never had an egg nog. What’s it like? First of all I’m too young to have it and second I don’t live in the US and there are no egg nogs in the Czech Rep.

Enjoy your keyboard, Mike!
    PS: Did you get any other interesting presents?

42. Morinoajin on December 30, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Egg nogs are just awesome πŸ˜€ I heard about the Medvedev interview earlier on Twitter; think Phi was like “He must have an exceptional musical taste” or sth πŸ˜„ Can’t wait for the new album, as always πŸ˜› HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and LP πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

43. Jay_Sensei on December 30, 2009 at 2:05 pm

i looked up the listing price on that keyboard on Guitar Centers website, and that thing is friggin’ expensive!
    on another note tho, are you gonna release anymore mixtapes? i would love to hear what else you have been doing as far as putting more music on your blog πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

44. Eddie on December 30, 2009 at 1:43 pm

Hey Mike! What’s up bro? Your new keyboard rocks! It is so awesome! I’m very happy to read news about new songs! I’m sure you will do a great work once again and we are going to have an epic brand new LP album!!! About New Year’s Eve, I’m just like you brother, I never make plans. Whatever comes up, as you said. πŸ™‚ I wish you Mike, with all my heart, a great New Year’s Eve and an awesome, healthy and happy 2010!! Best wishes to you and your family man!!! Thank you for making 2009 awesome for me by coming for a 2nd live show in my country, Greece, and I hope to see you again in a concert in Greece in 2010!! πŸ™‚ Thank you for everything Mike!! You’re my brother!! πŸ™‚ HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

45. shan1105 on December 30, 2009 at 12:28 pm

great gift mike! Hey anyone reading this who has lost someone to cancer check out my relay for life team and support or start one in your area. It is a great cause for cancer research and anyone can donate online to the cause safely. Every penny helps. Thanks for all your help and have a happy new year everyone. https://secure3.convio.net/tacs/site/Donation2?idb=55786075&dfid=1007671&FRID=23516&1007671.donation=form1&PROXYID=13682954&PROXYTYPE=20

46. Aline on December 30, 2009 at 12:20 pm

Hey Mike.
    I’ve heard this interview in Ukraine. It’s not himself but his 14 year old son listens to LP!!! but the president apreciates his choice =)

47. Aline on December 30, 2009 at 12:20 pm

Hey Mike.

48. Charlotte_Jay on December 30, 2009 at 11:51 am

You didn’t get a neve console or mixing board but come on! this one is very cool too! I wish you and your family a happy and prosperous new year Mike πŸ™‚

BTW, good luck and have fun in the studio.

NiloufaR

49. KATHYxx on December 30, 2009 at 11:41 am

How many keyboards do you have?

happy new years!

50. felipeintheend on December 30, 2009 at 10:51 am

Mike. I found a way that should be good for us fans. One website where people can ask you anything and if you want, you can answer.. its better than twitter. For exemple: http://www.formspring.me/felipeintheend πŸ™‚ make your profile

51. aLLey_beNNoda on December 30, 2009 at 6:25 am

Happy New Year Mike!

I’m feeling very down right now, I need ur music :'((

52. abbykulyde on December 30, 2009 at 5:33 am

Wow! nice red keyboard, is that your gift to yourself or someone gave that to you? you’re a lucky man! me, i didn’t got any..:(

Tomorrow is New Years Eve here in the Philippines, we are just having some small gathering in my Aunt’s place and order some tasty meals..;D in any way, it’s so much fun when you’re with the ones you love.. oh by the way, do you have fireworks for the 31st?

take care Mike, and have a prosperous New Year for you and your family!Ü

β™₯abby

53. beamer87 on December 30, 2009 at 5:17 am

Have a happy and healthy new year Mike, my regards to you and your family and can’t wait to hear what you guys are working on!!

54. θ·―δΊΊη”² on December 30, 2009 at 4:06 am

im so happy for u, c u next year mike~

55. SoUneik on December 30, 2009 at 3:38 am

Ooh you is Lucky, I was just looking at that in a darkened cloud of misery. …and I saw neve boxes and some other things I will never be able to afford unless I sell my body to science. (I’m thinking) I got a cold, socks, and a blanket that gave me a cold for x-mas. My New Years plan is the ultimate ever. Ignore its existence. This way I won’t have to dodge kissings. They are all like those fish on the side of the fucking tank. …all trying to suck my face off. I just want to get obliterated, why does this have to be some courting event? Yesterday was some bizarre misaligned planet day, a day no doubt meant to torture me further.

56. anjeejk on December 30, 2009 at 3:11 am

Thanks for the new link – 5 minutes I can listen to!

57. dutchsoldier on December 30, 2009 at 2:45 am

Well it’s very hard to hear it well because of the voice of the narrators and Medvedev are almost equally as loud as each others, ( and i’m Dutch so my English might not be that great ) but I think that president Medvedev actually says that his son ( instead of himself ) likes to listen to Alt Rock and so on…

The narrators are talking about ‘he likes to listen to..’ and at the beginning of the segment Medvedev says something like: ‘it would be strange that my son would listen to the same music as I do’

NICE CHRISTMAS SWEATER (MR SHINODA πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ ) !!
    And thanks for the update!!!

Grtz. Dutchsoldier

58. Lvix on December 30, 2009 at 2:34 am

Awesome gift! I am jalous! I think I’m like you Mike about planning New Year… I just go to my friends home and he has all the plans… I still don’t know anything. Greetz, Lode

59. linkinladie328 on December 30, 2009 at 1:45 am

Cool. Go! Be productive! πŸ˜€ You can come to my house on new years day. it’s all good :] we usually just order long subsandwiches and chill, watch some sports, hang out (my family of course) i’m only a half hour drive from LA. Hit me up! πŸ˜€

60. Fatima91MS on December 30, 2009 at 1:29 am

cool πŸ™‚ I think is awesome gift too πŸ˜€ ….
    have a great time, Mike! Happy New Year πŸ™‚

P.S. Medvedev is cool now only bcuz he listens to LP πŸ˜€

61. miKer0cks on December 30, 2009 at 1:14 am

Hmmm ok you didn’t get the Neve console nor the mixing board but this is awesome πŸ˜€ Make a demo on it and post it here to see how it sounds πŸ™‚ Please Mike? πŸ™‚ Hehe^^

Well last minute plans are the best I guess…At least my family does it too πŸ˜› LOL

Anyways…I hope the 1st ’10 meeting will be good…and Mike go get some sleep and relax πŸ˜‰ It’s kinda late there now

62. Embrace on December 30, 2009 at 1:10 am

Medvedev likes LP! Haha! He is a cool man!