Download To Donate Press and Lyrics

January 20, 2010

Lots of good press about the Download To Donate project…don’t forget to EMBED THE WIDGET on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.!

The Lupe/Kenna track also hit Hype Machine this morning.  Do me a favor: go here and push the heart button next to the track: http://hypem.com/#/track/1017817/Lupe+Fiasco+Kenna+-+Resurrection

Also, I figured you guys might want the “official” lyrics to “Not Alone.”

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1630027/20100119/linkin_park.jhtml (video on this one)

NOT ALONE by Linkin Park

I break down / fear is sinking in
The cold comes / racing through my skin
Searching for / a way to get to you
through the storm

you
go / giving up your home
go / leaving all you’ve known
You are not alone

With arms up / stretched into the sky
With eyes like / echoes in the night
Hiding from / the hell that you’ve been through
Silent one

you
go / giving up your home
go / leaving all you’ve known
you
go / giving up your home
go / leaving all you’ve known
You are not alone

you
go / giving up your home
go / leaving all you’ve known
you
go / giving up your home
go / you are not unknown
You are not alone
You are not unknown
You are not alone

1. Ika on February 14, 2010 at 3:45 am

Hey everyone !:D Dunno if any of you really read this, but worth a try. LINKIN PARK MUST COME TO NORWAY! You’ve had a couple in Sweden, but 50 % of them got cancelled, and we want to see you in Norway!!

2. Nathan Genrich on February 11, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Hey Mike, and Chester and everyone else if the band reads this. Thanks for posting the full lyrics, the video on youtube that I saw didn’t have them:/. Soooo exited for any future records, I love your music. By the way, have you guys ever considered doing a concert in Portland, Maine? A lot of my friends are fans, and it would be great to see you guys live!
    Good luck on any future projects, tell the band I said hello😀

3. Jeanette on February 7, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Hey Mike! ur blog its awsome..
    I wanna ask u if u know where I can find the rest of the lyrics of the list of download to donate!
    Thanks…and we waiting 4u here in Argentina! come with all the crew: LP-FM and DBS!

kisses!

4. Aaron Davey on January 31, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Hey Mike! What’s the deal with Make Tomorrow Today being replaced with Heroes? Luckily I downloaded before it was taken out but it’s a great song. Just wondering. Thanks.

5. Bobby Solanki on January 29, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Hey!

This is a record a made for the people of Haiti.

I appreciate your time.

6. Widya Rahayu on January 26, 2010 at 11:37 pm

i drew something inspired by ‘Not Alone’. i really hope you can at least see it, Mike… http://widyarahayu.deviantart.com/art/a-way-to-get-to-you-151670436 (hope you don’t mind i used a part of the lyrics as the title of the drawing, i’ve wrote the lyrics there too).

7. Lucas Maffra on January 26, 2010 at 8:42 am

Mike thanks for the lyrics!…when are you going to do a show here in Brazil?…Can be a Linkin Park or Fort Minor Show we fans from Brazil will love it…

8. TerryBolger on January 25, 2010 at 10:34 am

Thank you guys for such an initiative. It’s great to see there are real humanitarians in this world.
    But frankly speaking it’s difficult to calculate who gets more benefits: Haiti because of inspirited by the Music for Relief action or the artists who created this album and got a low cost promotion campaign playing on best people qualities.
    I admire the way you can bind humanity and commerce for a greater common good. Really.

9. TIFFTIFF33LP on January 24, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Awesomeness work guy’s love the song!!!^_^

10. helene on January 24, 2010 at 9:10 am

thanks for the lyrics, they dont have it so good on youtube😀
    when are LP coming to Norway?? im just sitting here and wait for you guys

11. shima on January 23, 2010 at 1:12 pm

why did i JUS see this? -__- lol. tanx Mike. ur so awesome! i needed d lyric🙂

12. Sofia on January 23, 2010 at 9:48 am

Good job guys!!! the song is very beautiful and Chester’s voice too. I hope to see you in a video… if it is possible!!😉
    Mike, you are simply a fantastic person! To know that to know that you exist it makes me live better and I agree with Leo… if we would have more people like you, the world would be a much better place!!!!!! Thanks for the lyrics! I LOVE YOU LINKIN PARK!!

13. CynthiaKao on January 23, 2010 at 2:45 am

Peace !

14. CynthiaKao on January 23, 2010 at 2:44 am

Hey!Mike!
    U guys are really kind!!
    I put it on my facebook and blog !
    and I believe more and more ppl will gonna help haiti!!
    Peace!

15. Linkinmae12 on January 23, 2010 at 12:01 am

woow!! thanks for the lyrics🙂 and also i embeded the widget on my blog, there might be some visitor on my blog who’d see it and donate.🙂 you’re soo awesome guys! keep rockin. one of the reasons why i loooove LP is because you guys are soo kind-hearted!❤

16. panos on January 22, 2010 at 5:59 am

thank you guys.
    it’s incredible how music can help other people’s lifes.

17. Shane Hsu on January 22, 2010 at 4:42 am

I use “download to donate” at my blog🙂
    you guys are really kind and awesome

我愛你們

18. Yu Hua on January 21, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Great song

19. Valentina on January 21, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Mike you and your band mates are totally awesome. Im really happy cuz people like you guys inspire to other. All the bad things in haiti would change if evrybody will help like you. I pray for haiti and that the people can take counsience that all together can fix and help to the people that need us. Thanks for everything. I help in my high school donating money and also public the widget in my facebook. Anyway, THANK YOU for inspire me with the things that you do and with your music. Xoxo.
    Valentina (chile living in usa like an exchange student).

20. AnkhNEXT on January 21, 2010 at 7:34 am

Thanx for the album.. and thanx for the aid to Haiti

21. Aditya_the_warrior_within on January 21, 2010 at 3:05 am

awesome job .. makes us more proud as fans

22. Titiiw on January 21, 2010 at 2:15 am

Well done for Mr. Hahn !!!!!! 2 thumbs up😉

23. Wotur on January 20, 2010 at 9:38 pm

thanks Mike the song is awesome !😉 also thanks for the lyrics🙂 You guys’ donation makes me really moved. If all people in this world were like you guys, the life would have been so much better…

24. LP_big fan on January 20, 2010 at 7:10 pm

I love your song. And thanks for the lyrics mike.

25. Shinawutt on January 20, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Go loving somewhere.

26. RV on January 20, 2010 at 5:12 pm

BTW, I’m so proud of “my band” for what they’re doing for the people in Haiti.🙂

[.Rv.]

27. RV on January 20, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Mike. I fckng love the new track, classic Linkin Park sound, but at the same time so new and fresh. I fckng love you guys. Your music will go with me to the tomb…hopefully till I’m 100!

[.Rv.]

28. Teresa on January 20, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Love the song. Love the fact that I can donate to a charity that I can trust. I set up the widget on my Facebook page. I hope it has the effect I want it to. Keep up the hard work. Love ya, Mike.

29. MShuk on January 20, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Mike, I saw the video that was posted on MTV and I think its great that you guys are letting people have the choice of donating. I’m trying to spread the word at my university and I know that loads of people want to help, but not everyone can. Its great that you guys have faith in your supporters, and supporters of these artists, that they will give to the people of Haiti. Thanks for providing us with a creative and encouraging way to give to the people who need us the most right now.

30. ThE BlaCK HaWK on January 20, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Hey I found a link about that news I said above, check this out if you had time to: http://realisticbird.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/children-of-gaza-donate-towards-haiti-disaster/

31. Bruna_RJ on January 20, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Hi Mike, is very cool what MusicForRelief are doing for help the people in Haiti.
    Give to Rob Happy Birthday!!!

I’m from Brazil and I wanna know if you guys have plans to came play here!
    Bye

32. Sandy 'VampKi55' on January 20, 2010 at 3:58 pm

thanks for sharing once again! lyrics are beautiful and meaningful =]

33. lpfmfan on January 20, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Mike, thanks for that. Btw, help us on Twitter? We’re trying to make this: #HappyBDayRobBourdon & #MusicForRelief as trending topics, but we need help from you🙂

34. Michael Gonzalez on January 20, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Hey Mike, I donated a little bit and downloaded the song, which is awesome by the way. I am going to continue donating as much as I can as the weeks go by. You and the band are the most inspiring people on the planet and if I could I would join with you guys and help raise money. Stoked for the new game and album! Take care!

-Mike

35. PMA_9 on January 20, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Good that are people in the world, whose are not indifferent.

Communicate to Rob’s the best congratulations from me, please🙂

I like Your site, it’s nice:) but when bring another chapters (art, video..etc)? because i cannot wait.
    (p.s. hm, i had a problem with load site, today:/…
    thank You for lyrics… (apologize for mistake).

36. lis on January 20, 2010 at 3:01 pm

hi mike!! from my little town san clemente del tuyù argentina , i`m really sad for the people who are living this horrible moment… i can not help with money but my heart his in HAITI now… with the people who lost everything …
    i post every link that you put on the blog… that`s all i can do… and i wish i can help with another thing… but i really can`t.

so… thanks Mike you are a incredible person YOU WIN YOU PLACE IN HEAVEN WITH ALL THE GOOD THINGS YOU DO… YOU HAVE BEND BLESS BY THE ANGELS. THATS WHY WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH. YOU ARE OUR ANGEL IN HEARTH.
    LOVE,
    LIS FROM ARGENTINA

37. Angi L on January 20, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Rooting for you~ Rooting for Linkin Park~ Rooting for MFR~ Mike, I say from my heart, what you are doing now is really great!…….The hair thing is not important at all, do whatever you like with it!

38. Sotiria ( LPrnway) on January 20, 2010 at 2:58 pm

aww,thatnks for the lyrics Mike!🙂

39. ThE BlaCK HaWK on January 20, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Hey Mike, great song, and great job helping Haitian people…
    But I was wondering why you were not singing or rapping on this one…It really lacked your voice, I’ve heard this from many others too!
    And I heard something really impressive: children from Gaza have also sent some of their toys & clothes for Haitian children! I don’t know if you’ve heard anything about conditions of people in Gaza, but they are in a dramatic situation already, in a lack of food & endangered by Israeli army! This one truly made me think…

40. LP_Ewelina on January 20, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Thank you so much for the lyrics!!!! And links too!!!!

And Mike, don’t listen to anyone! Your hair’s AWESOME!!!!! REALLY!!!🙂

41. Lukas on January 20, 2010 at 2:05 pm

yesss the lyrics.. i was looking for them thanks mike! you guys are fucking hero’s seriously….. hope that more artist join this and help….

42. Evan Etheridge on January 20, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Is there any way unsigned artists can contribute a track or tracks to the album to help raise money?

43. JanV on January 20, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Hey Mike!
    Thanks for the lyrics! That’s really considerate of you🙂
    Hey, guess what! I had a DREAM about you last night. In the dream, you and I were running a marathon together, and I take a break for a while due to exhaustion. Meanwhile, somebody manages to kidnap you and later call me up to give me clues to the location where you’re being held. Sadly, I woke up before I could finish rescuing you.😦

44. Mr. Hun on January 20, 2010 at 1:44 pm

hey thanks for the original lyrics!!! awesome job on the song!!!

45. domxho on January 20, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Great lyrics for such a short notice!!

46. baraquito on January 20, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Hey Mike, downloaded and donated, too- thanks for putting so much energy in such an important project! I hope that many people learn about music for relief and take the opportunity to donate money for the people in haiti! Pround to be a LP fan😉 really! greetz

47. KATHYxx on January 20, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Thanks for the update Mike.

48. Helena on January 20, 2010 at 1:23 pm

i love this song and the voice of chester is so beautiful in this song

49. Camila on January 20, 2010 at 1:08 pm

I loved the new music is very beautiful, I’m from Brazil and I love you.Congratulations

50. Camila on January 20, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Congratulations guys for this job I´m from Brazil and i love u so much!!!!

51. Joana Tiholova on January 20, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Thanks very much, Mike! Rob has birthday today, isn`t he? If he has – Happy Birthday to him from me. =) If he hasn`t – sorry for my mistake. Maybe I didn`t have to post this here, but I didn`t know where to post it. (Sorry if I have mistakes in my English or somewhere)

52. Ana. on January 20, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Hi, Mike.
    Today is the 20th of January, so I have small request to You.
    Please, tell to Rob –‘Happy birthday, many presents, good luck, and many many health!’- and hug he from me.🙂 Please, do it. ;))

PS. I very like art. Hmm… I love art, but I haven’t vein (already month)… :((
    What do You do, when You don’t have vein?

Thanks for the lyrics.

53. Pr3mium on January 20, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I figured out the lyrics on my own and already knew them. 😄
    I only had trouble with one thing and thought it said “atco’s in the night” when it’s “echo’s in the night”.

I love Resurrection, and Never Let Me Down. Not Alone is a great song for this occasion, but otherwise it’s just decent.

Keep us updated. 😀

54. Leo on January 20, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Hey Mike!
    I just want to say, that you are such an adorable person.. It’s good to know, that out there are people like you, who care about people in need and I’ll support you! I donated all my pocketmoney.. it isn’t much but I hope it helps anyway some people, who need it more than me! You are a wonderful person, mike.. although you are a busy man and you are my biggest idol and I think if we would have more people like you, the world would be a much better place! Thank you so much for being so dedicated! Greets from Germany.. hope you visit us this year again! ;D
    ♥ U! Leo

55. Chufties on January 20, 2010 at 12:29 pm

You and the whole band should be really proud of all you’re doing. The fans are!

And for a few listens i did think that Chester was saying ‘you are not a gnome’, so it’s good to have some official lyrics to clear that up. Keep up the good work.

56. LinkinParkina on January 20, 2010 at 12:18 pm

yea thanks a lot but I don’t understand one thing. in all the videos we see u are so happy with all ur lips widened across your face but how come u write such amazing and touching lyrics,Mike? seems like they are spontaneous obviously. there’s a quote “the people who laugh the most cries in the inside the most” I can’t make it with you but ur songs actually made my thoughts appear into words. you know sometimes u can’t put something true into words because u think that when u put it Into words u somehow admit that it’s true. when I listen to ur songs I admit it’s the way I feel and go sorry for myself. I don’t understand how u do this. but I can’t help not listening to u. i don’t know if ur ever gonna read this thing but I just want to know one more thing. don’t u feel like it’s unfair when people whom u don’t know if they exist or not know every thing about u (at least the things we r supposed to know)? and don’t u feel alone even ur surrounded with thousands?
    I’m just a stupid fan. and love u❤ thanks a lot for everything.!!!!!!

57. Madlen on January 20, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Thank you for the lyrics…I read a lot of articles about the project today…people are really getting involved which is great:)

58. Teo on January 20, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Donated and download tracks. These days i’ll donate something more. Thanks Mike.

59. EvoOba_ on January 20, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Hey thx for posting the lyrics! I was trying to find them all day^^ Thx for the links too…In that video your hair looks sooo…ehm…long xD It’s great tho😉

Anyways…wish your buddy Bourdie a happy perthday from us today! Any special suprises? LOL

and for the record, I changed my name. I used to go by “MIKEROCKS” before you re-designed the blog. I just thought to let you know LMAO)

60. Kalini on January 20, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Thanks for the lyrics! K

61. Ali on January 20, 2010 at 11:48 am

Thanks for the lyrics! It’s so good that the press are covering it!

Here’s another link, from Ultimate-Guitar (though they need to sort their title, or rearrange it at the least): http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slash_linkin_park_donate_never-before-released_music_to_aid_haiti.html

62. Ailina on January 20, 2010 at 11:44 am

thanks for the lyrics mike