GBC Writes A Song About A Fan

January 21, 2010

Get Busy Committee (my favorite rap album right now, BTW) just kicked off a promo to fund the pressing of some collectible items…they offered to write and record a song about the first person who donated $1000. The “winner” will have a song written and recorded about them, the song will be sold on iTunes…and that winner gets the profits! It sold in less than 24 hours. Best promotion ever!

1. Kevin on January 23, 2010 at 9:36 pm

If BIll Gates donates 1000$, thatd b e funny to hear a song about him. xD

2. Romana on January 23, 2010 at 12:16 pm

what do you expect? everybody loves linkin park!!!xD

3. Morinoajin on January 23, 2010 at 7:29 am

That is surely the best promotion! The $1000 part is pretty frightning amount for me :s

4. MiKEZFAN on January 22, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Mike I Have A Suprise I Don’t know if you know this or if you seen this Before But I Really Want for you to watch this :
    http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1264194794718RA77 Direct Link or Watch HERE:

5. Jay Sensei on January 22, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Freaking awesome!!! I love GBC and I love the fact that they are following me:D:D I think I’ll pledge 50 bux for the cause to get a numbered plaque

6. spanielya on January 22, 2010 at 11:00 am

Wow Really best promotion ever! I’ve never seen anything of the kind. If I interpret right you mean Donate for Haiti? It’s very good offer. Well, waiting for winner names! BTW Get Busy Committee – UDI is my favourite rap album too now. Good day for you & your family, Mike!

7. RDE on January 22, 2010 at 9:15 am

Wow that’s a nice offer. Too bad I don’t have the money.
    Btw, you seem a bit tipsy on this vid ;D :

8. Reece on January 22, 2010 at 9:11 am

Hey Mike, I was wondering if you have heard Yeasayer’s second album Odd Blood?
    It’s my fave album of the year at the moment I was wondering what you think of this band as I think you’d love their music.

9. Chmikster_Hahn on January 22, 2010 at 8:35 am

Oh right… Forgot.😄 You: “OK, so what is on your blog exactly?”

Me: “Lots of stuff–some poetry I write, commentary on what anime, games and stuff I’m into… I also put up some other creative works I do that I feel is worth mentioning, and whatever is on my mind.”

10. Chmikster_Hahn on January 22, 2010 at 8:18 am

I’ll bet you’d like them to do a song about you. Riiight? :p That’d be kinda cool actually.

Linked my main webpage to try something out on your new and improved site. It’s my blog, AKA main webpage. I have stuff spread out in various places on the net (my art, instrumentals I do just for a hobby, etc) but my LiveJournal is the main page. I got into Twitter recently too (darkwriter00), so feel free to check those out.😉 Laters Mike.

11. EvoOba_ on January 22, 2010 at 6:47 am

That was an amazing idea!!!😀

The album is fucking dope! With no doubt my second fave rap album with the first being The Rising Tied of course🙂 The guys are amazing and the cool thing is that GBC is following me on twitter just because I gave them a shoutout when the album came out…These guys rock🙂 You’re so lucky to have them as your friends

12. A0K Z0N3 on January 22, 2010 at 5:23 am

That would be epic! having a song about you’re self…I just wonder when the next LP album will come out…:)…

13. Oberamukamanabushha on January 22, 2010 at 5:12 am

Anxious waiting LP next album.

14. someone on January 22, 2010 at 4:11 am

hey mike,
    problem- The site has moved to the left, this is Not conveniently.
    sorry for my english

colors are awesome!!

thanks)

15. Fatima on January 22, 2010 at 1:34 am

This is awesome…GBC is cool! \m/
    I know the winner already!

16. SoUneik on January 21, 2010 at 11:42 pm

That’s whats up. Who’s the winner? Are they still doing the remixes? I was thinking about making one. There is a plugin for anything you can think of on WordPress. Seriously, I tried. I can’t remember the name, but there’s one made specifically for mobile devices as well as one that blocks crazy people and their rants of lunacy. They even have Souneik raid, it smells like cotton candy. Now, if you’ll excuse me from being normal, I’m going to paint, watch CSI and update my own shitty WordPress no one loves. Much love.

17. Widya Rahayu on January 21, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Mike, i’m sorry for the off-topic comment. But, on the previous site version, the spamming could controlled by limiting the post, one post for one person. Even the characters too. Could you do that also here? It’s annoying to the other fans and everyone coming here nicely. Thank you.

18. Nicholas on January 21, 2010 at 9:12 pm

wow, $1000 bit digging dont u you think😛..but hey what goes around comes back around..like MONEY xD

19. BennOda on January 21, 2010 at 7:32 pm

yes, this is really cool man! Mike, as always you are cool!

Dashka**

20. JanV on January 21, 2010 at 7:07 pm

$1000 for a GBC album? I’d rather spend it on an air ticket to USA and meet them myself! that’ll be much more inexpensive😉
    But, if LP are planning similar stuff, I might just fall for it😀
    Say Mike, what do want from your fans as a birthday gift? (Actually, I’ve been planning already)🙂

21. Jordan on January 21, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Haha I decided to check out their site and take advantage of the free album offer🙂
    They’re actually pretty good

Thanks Mike.

22. MiKEZFAN on January 21, 2010 at 6:57 pm

$1000 is a little Expensive but i don’t care about money if only i live in AMERiCA and i have Blue Credit Card to Pay it me too i want to be famous like you MiKe SHiNODA Impossible is Nothing.

23. Jurh on January 21, 2010 at 6:44 pm

I didn’t understand a fuck of what GBC gonna do.

24. AseraJe on January 21, 2010 at 6:24 pm

ARE YOU GOING TO DIE OR SOMETHING?

IF YES, SO JUST DIE, PEACEFULLY.

That’s my blessing.

25. AseraJe on January 21, 2010 at 6:21 pm

So go fuck your wife on air?

Are you jacking off or something?

What else you wanted to be known by the way?

Am I ridiculous myself or you’re just idioting me?

Wull you be ok by the way? If not, then why?

How many people in this world anyway?

What do you think about this?

What are you doing?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

GET THE FUCK OUT. PLEASE.

26. AseraJe on January 21, 2010 at 6:17 pm

What is your problem by the way?

What is this, I’m wondering?

27. Erinlouise on January 21, 2010 at 5:59 pm

hahaha thats awesome kinda like the 30 seconds to mars promo thing. they got fans to send in a photo of themselves and made 100 copies of each persons photo😄

still its is a really good promotional tactic😄

28. allucha // Ali on January 21, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Haha, wow. It could be awkward having a song written about yourself, though.

Another issue: I don’t know if this is just with me, but when browsing your blog via iPod touch, if I use the normal blog style, it doesn’t let you zoom in/out… Would that be something you’d be able to get someone to change? The default view is managable, but it’s plain text boxes, none of the blog layout…. Thought I’d mention it.

29. AseraJe on January 21, 2010 at 4:00 pm

What is your life consists of, frankly?

30. Maggie on January 21, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Maybe you guys should do something like that…there’d be a lot of people willing to pay…

31. AseraJe on January 21, 2010 at 3:57 pm

What are you doing here bye the way?

32. KATHYxx on January 21, 2010 at 3:54 pm

That’s random-ass.

I don’t think I would want a song about me lol.

33. Hybrid911 on January 21, 2010 at 3:51 pm

woah why don’t LP do something like that? haha x