New LINKINPARK.COM

January 26, 2010

For the past few weeks, we’ve been beta testing the new website (thank you, LPUnderground). With all the major bugs out of the way, we decided to open the doors to the world.

Check it out here http://linkinpark.com/.  NOTE: all accounts need to be confirmed; If you had an LPN account, you will need to sign in to reset your account on the new site–make sure to do this soon, so you don’t lose your account / name!  There are a handful of new features for your personal pages as well, so take a minute to browse through those.

Also, make sure to find the 8 BIT REBELLION page, which talks about the new Linkin Park game, coming soon.

If you have any great ideas about how we can improve the site, you can tell us about it here, under FANS > FORUM.

Enjoy!

1. sandokk on December 14, 2010 at 5:01 am

Is it this Rebellion 8 http://www.tubesfan.com/watch/linkin-park-8-bit-rebellion-demo-with-mike-and-chester MS was speaking about? It looks cool. I liked the video a lot. I’d love to have such a game.

2. Ana on March 13, 2010 at 10:17 am

How do you do it, mikeshinodac.om?

3. YANA on February 13, 2010 at 6:41 am

The new website is awesome !!!!!!

4. Rocio on February 8, 2010 at 7:57 am

hi mike is a great page I hope the album comes out soon🙂 no more to say
    greetings
    I Love You (L)

5. chester7890 on February 6, 2010 at 6:25 am

its dope i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Jersha Grace on January 30, 2010 at 6:14 am

The new website is like totally awesome !!!!!! You guys rock

7. Shinigami on January 28, 2010 at 11:26 pm

new website…well, in my opinion the old one looked really better. Who came up with the idea of it being this kind of blue?? Sorry in advance, but it sucks. No offence.
    Anyway, i liked the old one better)) But now at least this MIKESHINODA.COM looks awesome…maybe wew just can’t have all at the same time)

Cheers! Good luck with work on a new album!

8. Squisho_Ho on January 28, 2010 at 7:07 pm

well… all the kids seem to like the new site, probably because they’re all familiar with the Facebook concept. i guess the changes were made for them. it just sucks that a bunch of older fans will just stop visiting lp.com because of that new design: nothing that really looks like them (or should i say us).

well, as long as the kids are happy i guess.

9. Zack on January 28, 2010 at 3:33 pm

It’s been awhile sense I’ve visited your site and I noticed that everything has been updated, including the Linkin Park website. I watched the introduction video stuff at the beginning of the website and I love the changes that you have made. However I do have one question: the music that you have playing in the background of your video, is that a preview of your new album or is that just something that you have made/found for the new website changes video? Any which way it is I would gladly appreciate a reply so that I may know the answer, it has been bothering me for the last hour and I’ve watched the video at least 10 times trying to listen to the music. Got to say though I love it!

10. spanielya on January 27, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Thank you, Mike & other people who did new site! Well done! & thank you for giving notice of we’ll be able to sign in through old account later.. I was panic-stricken)) Have a great day, Mike!

11. edwar_LP on January 27, 2010 at 8:17 pm

linkin park is the best in the world and I hope the new website be the best
    I expect comments on my WebSite up soon

12. Sintia on January 27, 2010 at 10:30 am

Ive been to the Linkin Park.com and its looks really good. i only browsed a bit but I definitly will have to go to my account.

13. Numb Journal on January 27, 2010 at 8:58 am

You should just shave! Not that it brings me something anymore, but I just can’t look at you! I am anyway just here, because I am pissed with the rest of the guys and so internet is less boring!

And posting has becomen easy here!

14. marcia_Lp on January 27, 2010 at 8:10 am

hummm, one question…
    I’ve been creat _(in the new site)_ some weeks ago a account… Do I have to join again?? Because ”linkin park” sent to me an invitation… but I already had an account in the new site… What I have to do Mike?! Cya’

15. Sheba on January 27, 2010 at 5:37 am

hi ya ! how’s everything with you ? thank you for the new LP site . it’s awesome ! keep rocking !😉

16. NEO_ONE2199 on January 27, 2010 at 3:04 am

Congratulations! in fact I luv the NEW LINKIN PARK web site!

17. Angi L on January 27, 2010 at 12:59 am

The new LP.COM is so cute~ I like it~

18. EvPuky on January 26, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Hey Mike,the new LP.com is great ^^
    I really like it..😀
    This has nothing to do with LP.com but I want you to know that I’m from Uruguay,and here in South America we’re waiting for you!
    People in Uruguay,Argentina,Brazil,Peri,Chile and in all South America is waiting for you.. ^^
    btw,you’re my biggest inspiration,you’re great..😀

19. Amanda on January 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm

The new Linkin Park website isn’t a good as the old one is. So, I don’t the new one as much.

20. Janhavi N on January 26, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Hey Mike! Luv that new lp.com! I’m a member for the past week; and u’ve even accepted my friend request😀 thanks for that!
    The new site is so damn awesome! I think it beats Facebook by a mile!😀
    Btw, I n 3 of my pals formed a band over the weekend. Its called G-minor (Minor girls + tribute to Fort Minor). Could we please add lyrics to LP instrumentals and perform them at school concerts? Could we also perform LP songs? I promise we won’t sell them!🙂
    Thanks for everything!
    PS: I’m the rapper-cum-MC of my band, jus like u; n it’ll be an honor if i become even half as successful as u someday…

21. TIFFTIFF33LP on January 26, 2010 at 8:38 pm

woo-hoo awesomeness mike!!!^_^love the new LP site and your blog!!!^_^cant wait for the awesome music and art!!!^_^

22. Slayer on January 26, 2010 at 8:02 pm

I feel a lot of ‘8-bit atmosphere’ in the new website, you guys sure know how to promote your stuffs =] I look forward to playing the must-be-amazing game on my friend’s iPod. Well Done!

23. Sarah A. on January 26, 2010 at 6:12 pm

This is great I’ve been anticipating this!

24. Alex McGowan on January 26, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Hey mike, I checked out the site and let me tell you, it is amazing. You guys did great work and it is way better than the older version. Also I think that what you are doing with music for relief is great. The download to donate for Haiti is great and I love the new song. My dad went to Haiti for 5 months to help them and I just really think that what you are doing is great. So yea can’t wait till the new album and game comes out and will be patiently waiting. Hope to here back from you man. Peace🙂

25. ChesterDEAN on January 26, 2010 at 3:19 pm

FINALLY! I was daying to see the new site, it looks amazing!

26. Iel Forfeit on January 26, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Hi Mike here who speaks is a Brazilian fan of the LP, your blog is great and the site of the LP got a perfect look, a hug from all Brazilian fans of Linkin Park (I hope you understand my English laugh) please answer my comment hugs the Iel!

27. In The End on January 26, 2010 at 2:59 pm

The new site is 1,000,000 times better than it was previously. The thing that I really like about the new version of the site is that it is actually updated. I checked Linkin Park every once in a while and it was never updated. This site for instance is updated every day but the old Linkin Park site was only once every two weeks or so. For instance, the background of the site was the cover of New Divide several months after the song’s release. Again, I just want to say that the new Linkin Park site is very awesome.

28. Joana Tiholova on January 26, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Hey! I really like the new LPN! It`s awesome!❤

29. Daniel Barboza on January 26, 2010 at 2:22 pm

hey mike what up? when they come to play in Venezuela. responds to my email Lphtrmandb@hotmail.com

30. Ells on January 26, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Sweet deal. Thanks guys

31. Ana. on January 26, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Great job! ^^

32. RV on January 26, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I like it😀

[.Rv.]

33. Lnknprkfn92497 on January 26, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Sick dude! I really like the new linkin park site! I will surely become a member of both the LPU and the LP site. Who is LPU though? Is it the band or who is it? Please Respond. Ill tell you if I sign up, ll probably change my username too!

34. Andrew on January 26, 2010 at 1:05 pm

I can’t sign in to the new LPN “There was a problem signing in” Do i need to register again? or try later?

35. DJ Intensity on January 26, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Hey Mike, congratulations on releasing the new site – it’s definately less buggy than the beta.

I’m guessing 8-Bit rebellion will be out this week judging by what you said (some time in January)?

36. Jeff aka Jay Sensei on January 26, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Heyy Dr. Shinoda lol I was one of the lucky ones to beta test the site and it is AWESOME
    btw when is 8-Bit Rebellion going to be released? The month is almost over and there hasn’t been any news on it.

37. patricia on January 26, 2010 at 12:51 pm

hello mike:) I have a question about the new site .. I had LPN, now I signed up again but I lost my friends, I do not find them .. how do I find them again?

one more thing ..congratulation for the new site is very cool

bye bye

38. EvoOba_ on January 26, 2010 at 12:39 pm

It was a really great experience to get to taste the new LPN before everyone else so thx for that🙂 Although I thought the site was kinda lame cause it looked just like the MFR site, I’m getting used to it now and I can tell I was wrong….the site totally kicks ass!!! Great job guys thx^^

PS. Dunno if you saw my comment on your previous post but my friend is still having trouble leaving a comment here…what should I tell her to do?

39. Daniz on January 26, 2010 at 12:37 pm

EXCELENTE!!
    SALUDOS DESDE CHILE!!!

40. jasmine on January 26, 2010 at 12:27 pm

wow i really like it!i will be happier if you join the chat sometimes!=)thanks a lot for your great work!=) you are my #1 band forever!=)

41. Chmikster_Hahn on January 26, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Oooo! It’s so blue and pixely!😄 Nice. Cool new stuff on the LPN too. The chat’s nifty and easy to access too. Maybe you could surprise us all and visit sometime. :p

42. Ritko on January 26, 2010 at 12:11 pm

they believe in your victory and we are too!

43. SteppinRazor on January 26, 2010 at 12:02 pm

It won’t let me sign in! Please help!

44. Ksenia on January 26, 2010 at 11:40 am

I learned from them recently that … already they are discharged))

45. Silva on January 26, 2010 at 11:38 am

Hi,

I have a request. If you have any spare time, would you be able to tell me anything about your art work? Particularly Glorious Excess – your thoughts about celebrities and the character you created. I hope you don’t mind, it’s just that I have an ESB coming up and I’ve decided to talk about your art work. ^-^ Or even if I get some links to some interviews, that would helpful!

Thanks and take care and good luck with your latest album!

46. Ritko on January 26, 2010 at 11:19 am

I beg you … they have little chance (((If the request is possible something .. please (((if possible .. write on the sheet: vkontakte. ID12202045 & ID8491466 Thank you.
    beg (((this is their request (((just please send you … ((((as the last word ((((please understand us. thank you. Their name is Rita and Ksyusha. write their names …. (( (sorry if this confused you (sorry (

47. Ritko on January 26, 2010 at 11:18 am

Incidentally, there is one request ((it is practically impossible ((asked to send it to all participants Linkin Park. Mike and everyone else … please understand them correctly ((The two girls are now in hospital in serious condition … it is almost impossible to fix. . very difficult for them ((they want to hear their names to thank grams ((because it is likely that because of – the fact that they did not get out of the Internet, this has led to the bedside in the hospital ((

48. Chris on January 26, 2010 at 11:09 am

Mike……I love you. k bye🙂

49. lpfmfan on January 26, 2010 at 10:50 am

Great website! Still don’t like the new forums…I wish y’all would make another one…like perhaps separate from the site if it isn’t possible to add it to the new site.

50. John on January 26, 2010 at 10:34 am

hey Mike, the new website is great.

51. Ritko on January 26, 2010 at 10:34 am

Mike, as you help the people of Haiti?)
    By your new friends Ritko & Ksenia

52. Ritko on January 26, 2010 at 10:31 am

Hello again)
    cool site altered ..))) want to ask a question … heard that the game will be on the iphone .. and it’s phone will not play? ((

53. beamer87 on January 26, 2010 at 10:28 am

Sick site man, definitely less buggy than the beta, eager for this game to release.

54. NataliaSpain on January 26, 2010 at 10:28 am

hey Mike, i was confuse with one thing…what happens with the LPN¿? I don’t understand well…you say: “make sure to do this soon, so you don’t lose your account / name! There are a handful of new features for your personal pages as well, so take a minute to browse through those.”

Well, i only understand the part of don’t lose the acount/name. Bye, I need study geography! ;3

55. Ailina on January 26, 2010 at 10:24 am

this is the best website y’all have had mike.

56. Ksenia on January 26, 2010 at 10:24 am