We Are The World 25 / Download To Donate

February 13, 2010

Many of you have already seen the “We Are The World” 25th anniversary song and video.  The tag line at the bottom is (confusingly) “Download To Donate.” To clear any misconceptions up: although I wish them good luck in their fund raising efforts for Haiti, Music For Relief is not affiliated with the We Are The World 25 campaign.  I hope they change their tag line to avoid confusion.

And speaking of DOWNLOAD TO DONATE, four new songs have been added to the album! Go to www.musicforrelief.org and download tracks by WEEZER, JACK JOHNSON, CRYSTAL METHOD and METRIC. Please don’t forget to donate and share the widget.

100% of Download To Donate funds will support those affected by the earthquake in Haiti. In partnership with the UN Foundation’s Central Emergency Response Fund, Habitat for Humanity and Dave Matthews Band’s BAMA Works Haitian relief effort, Music for Relief is working to provide immediate aid with food, water, and emergency medical supplies, and long-term sustainable housing solutions for the people affected by this catastrophic natural disaster.

1. saba on March 2, 2010 at 2:08 am

it was good

2. Vannesha Mae on February 28, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Like it . Rock .

3. dds on February 16, 2010 at 7:04 am

Laura Daniela Montes Guerrero, your comment made me laugh out loud. I hope you are unable to reproduce because idiots who think singers are great thinkers shouldn’t be able to poison the world with more stupidity.

4. ZZZAHRA on February 15, 2010 at 9:13 am

omg u got me excited with the metric but then i saw it was ur remix and i got pissed !..but thats awesome that u guys are th e 25th ….U ROCK MIKE!!… i’m posting the widget ever were….we’re makeing a difference !!!!X)

5. ben moon on February 14, 2010 at 3:08 pm

mike, that we are the world remake was horrible, i felt like the whole group was forced to sing there… not alone is much better. HOWEVER, the original we are the world is SO SO SO MUCH BETTER than not alone… no offence… im not saying not alon eis bad because it’s really amazing, but… we are the world is just a classic

6. Fredrik on February 14, 2010 at 2:16 pm

maybe you and chester can be on a video like that some day :):)

7. Зарина on February 14, 2010 at 9:31 am

What a beautiful song =) all day listening to this song =) Never heard such a beautiful song =) Mike, thanks for your wonderful songs))

8. widya rahayu on February 13, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Thank you for explaining, the tagline ‘Download to Donate’ reminded me straight to MFR. Though i thought download-to-donate is a common words too that i didn’t know it was the title of the album O_O

9. Always All Thing on February 13, 2010 at 10:31 pm

How are these gonna end by the way.

10. Sara TJ on February 13, 2010 at 9:08 pm

新春快乐!虎年大吉 ^ ^

11. larisa on February 13, 2010 at 8:38 pm

new songs are nice

today is chinese new year, the year of tiger,
    happy new year and wish u good health : )

12. Paulo Laurence on February 13, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Hello Mike, the Linkin Park may comming to the Brazil again? LP hake much fans here!

13. abby on February 13, 2010 at 7:19 pm

I personally love the rap part in We Are The World video, but i don’t know about the Auto-tune?😀

BTW, is MTV going to show your Not Alone video? you guys really made a good job! I’m totally stoked!!

Happy Hearts Day!
    ♥ from the Philippines

14. ammy aybar on February 13, 2010 at 6:23 pm

well mike! I like the song not alone! although I can not donate (even if I have done in other ways) up the announcement by msg to all my friends vein and rise further and donate!

supporting Linkin Park

15. Laura Daniela Montes Guerrero on February 13, 2010 at 5:45 pm

I love the rap part!!!.. I did not like Wyclef Jean’s part :S LOL too off key for my taste… aside from that, it was so cool to see that once again the music industry is coming together to help, I think that musicians should be leaders in the world… u.u the power to move the masses for good…🙂 we are the world is the earth’s anthem LOL

16. RoD from Argentina on February 13, 2010 at 5:10 pm

100% of collect is for Haiti?

17. Ash on February 13, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Hey Mike! Any plans to release Not Alone as a single? It would mean more publicity and more funds for MFR. Please consider it!

Love ya!
    Ash

18. SoUneik on February 13, 2010 at 3:02 pm

I just had a flashback of this…eh more like deja vu…and instead of Justin Be…that kid. Garth Brooks and I dunno… I just… this happened before. A whole bunch of humans came together and sang* something* and I sorta felt like I was watching a church concert. …and by church concert I mean like a hardcore church concert. Where the embarrassment swells up inside even if your thousands of miles away from it. ..even as a projection via thousands of tiny transistors on an lcd monitor in the comfort of your own home… it is in these moments I appreciate you guys the most.

19. Ceazer on February 13, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Hey Mike…i’m So freakin Glad ryt now…
    today i performed 5 songs dun by u guyz…in Hardrock cafe Mumbai,India…
    on account of your Birthday…i had an amazin feelin whyl i was doin it…
    thanx fo makin such gr8 MuZik tat ppl like me can cover n get the crowd feel it fo real…the crowd went mad…i’m so happy…

20. TheGlueLpFan on February 13, 2010 at 1:23 pm

I really like Butterfly.And of course the Gold Guns Girls remix but I’ve heard that before:)Anyway I’ve donated and I’ve embed the widget on my profiles so I hope I’ve helped a bit:)

21. Cathy on February 13, 2010 at 1:04 pm

So cool!!!!!!!!!I have the Metric Song 4 month and it’s my song when someone calls me=P It’s very good!!!!!!!want more…….!and I love ur Video of “Not alone”!!!!godd mix of u (u and the Boys=P) and Haiti!!!! love ya❤

22. M Shuk on February 13, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Do you know how much money people have been able to raise through MFR?

23. Sunrise_Ashes on February 13, 2010 at 11:06 am

The new songs are an amazing addition to a brilliant album. I hope you continue to get a good response to the record and raise money for all those people who were affected by the earthquake.

Is good to see people come together to help those in need in times like this. It really restores faith in humanity.

24. Andrew Leezan on February 13, 2010 at 10:44 am

YEAH, I ALREADY EMBEDED THE WIDGET ON MY FACEBOOK AND MySpace PAGES, I’M TELLING TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS ON FB AND MySpace TO GRAB AND PASTE THE MFR WIDGET ON THEIR PAGES.
    YESTERDAY: I SPENT 10 HOURS EMBEDING THE WIDGET ON PEOPLE’S PAGES ON MySpace, AND HOPE TO DO IT THOUGH TODAY. AND ON FB I INVITING PEOPLE TO JOING MFR CAUSE AS WELL.

MUSIC IS VERY GREAT. THANK YA’LL.

AndrewL.

25. Shadower_Liltani on February 13, 2010 at 10:29 am

For a second there, I thought it was possible that maybe you and Chester were gonna sing the song too. Good job making me excited for five seconds for nothing! I think they put the download to donate this there on purpose, to make people think this song is associated with music for relief. Pretty sneaky, but it is not a reason to avoid donating.

26. Alexandra2960 on February 13, 2010 at 10:26 am

The new songs are amazing…
    The Gold Guns Girls makes me remember the Summer and your art show… Good times🙂
    Anyway, I have hope for Haiti… That’s very nice from you and all of guys of the band (and Music for Relief)to use your songs and songs of other artists to help Haiti…

27. ThE BlaCK HaWK on February 13, 2010 at 10:22 am

Not Alone video was awesome Mike, I was aboutta cry when watchin it…

So who was the director?? Joe????

28. vanessa weger on February 13, 2010 at 10:10 am

hi Mike,”Not Alone” is so goooooood!!! I love it. Well, I love all songs of Linkin Park!!!!! ^^ I LOVE CHESTER’S VOICE!!! Vanessa W. from Germany

29. Josephbenny98 on February 13, 2010 at 9:30 am

HEY MIKE CAN U TELL US WHEN THE NEW ALBUM GONNA RELEASE..PREVIOUS BLOG U TOLD US THAT IT IS GONNA RELEASE IN DECEMBER 2012,AND ITS REALLY CONFUSING US..SO CAN U PLS PLS PLS PLS TELL US WHEN RU RELEASING THE NEW ALBUM

30. Ritko on February 13, 2010 at 9:18 am

Hi, Mike) We are here with friends .. decided to throw you one site .. there in general .. Well, we do not know how you))) but there can be friends Turns, news, communication)), the idea is not mine … in general .. Website: http://www.vk.com

(from friends): Mike, we are waiting for you there)))

31. dolly on February 13, 2010 at 9:10 am

well done !!!

32. chester7890 on February 13, 2010 at 8:54 am

The new song is dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Don’t listen to anything elese!!!!!Anyway i know this has nothing to do with Hati but do you know how many copies DBS out of ashes has sold?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

33. c on February 13, 2010 at 8:47 am

is good which you and chester won’t be on this bad remake of we are the world, this song is horrible
    i rather much more download to donate than this horrible remake
    but i don’t liked the video of ‘not alone’, i think the part of dead people became a little disturbing when we watch the video

34. Fatima on February 13, 2010 at 8:47 am

the new songs is awesome too! thanks =]it’s good that your remix on Gold Guns Girls by Metric is also been added to the album! I love it!

today chinese new year, so happy new year, Mike!😀

greetings from russia
    😉

35. veronique on February 13, 2010 at 8:45 am

Check your email .. pls

Peeace.. =)

36. EvoOba on February 13, 2010 at 8:42 am

You that what you’re doing is just awesome! Your actions are amazing🙂 Keep up the great work and we’ll continue to support you🙂

The new songs are awesome! Especially the remix you did for Gold Guns Girls. It’s probably my fave after Not Alone and Resurrection^^

37. hafy1402 on February 13, 2010 at 8:41 am

Great album. Hope for Haiti

38. jlucas on February 13, 2010 at 8:39 am

MFR is not affiliated with the We are the World 25, because this you and Chester not participated? I think many fans would like to see you and Chester in the new version of the song, but the Download to Donate is big and beatiful project, congratulations for the idea and the new clip ” Not alone ” !
    By: Jorge Lucas from Brazil.

39. Catadechocolate on February 13, 2010 at 8:31 am

i love weezer (: good job Mike (:

40. Camila Rodrigues on February 13, 2010 at 8:24 am

Hello Mike…
    I watched this movie too, yesterday..it’s really good. I loved!
    This is a new version, it’s so cool!
    It’s so important the people help each other.

By: Camila Rodrigues [from BRAZIL]

41. Daniele Rodrigues on February 13, 2010 at 8:17 am

Is always good to see these actions with LP and MFR for help Haiti. Keep going, we are with you!
    Peace from Brazil!

42. Andy holtby on February 13, 2010 at 8:14 am

Good songs but wen r u gunna put more lp songs 2 download and wen is the
    Release date 4 da new album plz ive waited almost 2yrs 4 new album

43. misa on February 13, 2010 at 8:12 am

wow,the song is amazing,I like it!

btw,today’s chinese luna new year,happy new year mikey:D

xo

44. Dasha on February 13, 2010 at 8:11 am

the new songs the best!!!not alone and never let me down the best!!^_^Mike please answer!

45. Lukas on February 13, 2010 at 8:04 am

i love the new songs😀 aspecially that remix you done… brilliant stuff

46. Julian on February 13, 2010 at 8:02 am

The Gold Guns Girls Remix of yours reminded me of your Leave Out All The Rest Remix, it’s got you style.

47. rena shinoda on February 13, 2010 at 7:56 am

wow!!!! the new songs are very good..:)

48. Ailina on February 13, 2010 at 7:51 am

i love the new songs mike.i love ur remix of the metric song