David Choe: Nothing To Declare

May 7, 2010

I missed the opening of David Choe’s NOTHING TO DECLARE show in Beverly Hills; I was able to finally get down there this afternoon.  Great stuff.  If you get a chance, definitely check it out–it’s on Beverly in the space where there used to be a big clothing shop–so it has tons of room for the art.  Loved the crazy balloon/whale/guts in the middle.  I figured I wouldn’t post any pics of the show, since there are already tons online (Eric Nakamura had a great pictorial HERE, Hypebeast HERE, and David’s website HERE).

Lazarides and company are about to bring some good shit to Beverly Hills…Can’t wait for the next show, with JR, Antony Micallef, Vhils, and Connor Harrington.

Gallery Location: 320 North Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210

1. ira on May 27, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Ballooooon!! lol hope that awesome stuff can give u some Inspiration for ur next art =P

2. AHEN on May 26, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Hey Mr.SHINODA!
    i see you in Cologne LP/MM-Tour
    The Show The Acoustic and The hoal night was Amazing THX:-)
    Fort Minor was The Best Projeckt you start i think the hoal konzept
    (Graphichs – Beats – LYRICS – Featurings)for me it was like
    Cashmere in my ears🙂
    ..**.*-(: :)-*.**..
    and an good start in my day PRYCLEES ON TOP

i paint like 2 jears (ACRYL & Airbrush)
    i see your works (Glourious Excess dies) Amazing your Backrounds are AMAZING Did You Now BLU (STREET ARTIST) Check out
    Memento Mori ARTS by. BLU (MUTO)

ok MR.SHINODA
    Have a Nich Day:-)
    AHEN

3. analoggirl on May 23, 2010 at 8:43 pm

You didn’t want your fans to film/photograph GLXS (Dies), but you tape Nothing to Declare? I see how it is.😉 Sorry, I’m just being an ass. Actually, I have some footage of your GLXS tour for the JAMN members event somewhere. I should dust that off…

4. brinci17 on May 22, 2010 at 8:30 am

o.o

5. ammy aybar on May 12, 2010 at 11:09 pm

u.u

6. Sam on May 8, 2010 at 7:37 pm

hey mike! i think u meant to type ‘Conor’ instead of ‘Connor’ I wish i could be there at Davids show! But im stuck over here in New England. I got to see Tim Burtons exhibit in MOMA though, it was great❤ i got to meet Alex Pardee and Tara McPherson that day too!

7. A on May 8, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Måc ätuäb mike~!!🙂

8. Miss Kauro on May 8, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Wow! They’re great!…ha! too bad you’ve missed the opening but Joe did it!People in LA are nit that busy huh!? LOL and hey! who’s that lovely lady with Joe?

9. vickyLP on May 8, 2010 at 6:42 am

woo nice art!🙂 i would love to go to his show😀

10. Linnea (NikaroDLinnea) on May 8, 2010 at 5:53 am

That’s a intressting style! Would never get the idea to do that, but its still cool! Nice for getting inspiration.🙂

11. Nadine on May 8, 2010 at 4:52 am

Very cool stuff… I want to go there!!!!
    but it´s so far far far away from here.
    But pretty awesome art!!😀

12. linkinparkbelgiummanager on May 8, 2010 at 4:04 am

Zwier.Z!! Nice Remix! 1 year ago I almost made the same musical but never shared it with people. Nice stuff, still it looks a little boring. Why they can’t put beats in background music? :d

Greetz, Lode

13. EvoOba_ on May 8, 2010 at 2:39 am

Pretty weird but cool stuff🙂 Thx for sharing with us Mike^^

14. Fatima on May 8, 2010 at 12:34 am

what an awesome art!! thanks for this post & for the links! amazing

15. zahralp on May 8, 2010 at 12:21 am

i guess joe beated u to get there for the opining …nice stuff …wierd stuff ….
    hey btw i miss the change botton u used to have on ur old site …i get pissed when i see that i made a mistake in my comment and i cant change it ….

16. mariya on May 7, 2010 at 8:45 pm

It is interesting, though it is a little strange

17. orionwong on May 7, 2010 at 7:04 pm

I love stuffs like this! Thanks for sharing Mike. But i’m not at beverly hills….I wish i could go there…T^T

18. PR on May 7, 2010 at 5:40 pm

“great pictorial” :S

19. Nestor on May 7, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Haha you have to accept that he can draw better than you!!!

20. casey mynatt on May 7, 2010 at 4:59 pm

this stuff is amazing mike. Thank u mike letting me know about it.

21. Alexandra Nofi on May 7, 2010 at 4:35 pm

See, this is the problem with me being in the East Coast/Connecticut. Every time you recommend an art show, I can’t go see it cause I’m on the other side of the freaking country. It’s bad enough you killed me twice with Glorious Excess, but you must now kill me with every other art show in California, huh? And don’t even do the “well I came to New York last year”, cause I know you did, and planned to go, but had no money.

Sadly, the only art thing I can ever recommend is the Yale Art Galley in New Haven, CT. Not everything is great, but the African Art display is my favorite. However, to be honest, there is more art in the architecture of the city than in the Yale Art Gallery.

22. TheGlueLpFan on May 7, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Yup seen pics of Joe at it:)I don’t remember where I’ve seen his art before…maybe it was here?

23. KATHYxx on May 7, 2010 at 4:20 pm

I wish i were in range of LA regularly.

24. Daniele Rodrigues BRA on May 7, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Good, very cool! I want to be there in this moments, but while I’m brazilian and I am going to visit a Andy Warhol’s exibition here in Museum of Art of Sao Paulo. I love pop art! Do ya?
    Mike, Ustream NOW!

25. Ana on May 7, 2010 at 4:07 pm

hey mike!

I JUST CAME back from an Deftones concert…dude they are soo awesome! I wish I could see you guys in a small venue..

Please think about the LPUnderground tour, it would be really really awesome and actually the best idea of the millenium😛

26. Kim on May 7, 2010 at 4:07 pm

DAMN i don’t LIVE IN AMERICAAAA!!…. I wanna move to America… Seriously… but awesome art!! *saw the website* it’s a bit weird but that’s good!

27. c on May 7, 2010 at 4:05 pm

hey mike, you told in the game about the real art hidden underground, so when we will see the real art of your art gallery?

28. lpfmfan on May 7, 2010 at 4:03 pm