Responses To Comments

May 20, 2010

zah: when will be da album come out? seriously is it 2012???

M: We’ve decided to push the album back one day for every time we get asked “when is the album coming out.”  So, based on the comments here on mikeshinoda.com alone, it looks like it will be out sometime in 2050.  Thanks for your help!

M: You’re welcome for the game.  And I haven’t had an interest in concentrating on nu metal since about 2005.

EDIT: someone in the LPU chat just asked me about this…I guess my answer was incorrect.  I actually haven’t been interest in nu metal since 1998 or 1999.  I never liked that term, nor being associated with it.  Thanks for helping me clarify!

(post #1) adaminator1: GODDAMN STOP POSTING F*CKING EMBEDS IN THE COMMENTS. Mike, you should disable that feature. Like, permanantly. People get confused.

(post #2) adam: What ADAMINATOR1 said. I don’t know what I’m most sick of – the kid with the covers or you people for continuously posting them on every comment section.

M: Are you really two different people?  I hope so, because if you’re one person posting as two people with the same name, that’s just plain weird.  And I agree, the spamming, videos, and music links in the comments section are lame.  I have some folks who are supposed to be moderating, but they…forgot.

Others: Why aren’t you posting any studio updates?

M: Because we’re really busy in the studio right now.  I’m doing some test mixes of some songs, to see what they might sound like finished, and to see if the guys like my mixes.  It’s called a shootout. For those unfamiliar with mixing, look here.  Our engineer Ethan and I are teaming up to mix some stuff, and a couple other mixers are mixing the same songs.  We’ll put all the mixes together on a CD–with no names–and see which mixes the band likes best, just based on the sound.  It’ll be really funny if I pick someone else’s mix.

1. bloodyheart18 on September 8, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Hi Mike…I am Soumya of 21 n me from kolkata(calcutta),INDIA…I know everyone say this but really I am a great fan of LP..I am egerly waiting for the release of your new album,heard that the album will release on 15th in INDIA..there are huge fans of LP in INDIA…I heard that you guys have decided not to come for a show in any THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES.It is very disappointing for us..Saw many live videos of your shows in Youtube…we always dreamt to be present in such a show at least once in our life…but got very very disappointed….

2. adlerlpbrasil on September 2, 2010 at 5:23 am

Hey mike, my name is Adler’m 19 years old and live in Brazil, I can say I’m a big fan of his, one of the largest. Just the fact of knowing that you can be reading it makes me happy. I am very sad to know that October 11 is the linkin park presented only from 6pm to 7pm, there’s nothing you can do? like me, many here are waiting for this show for so long. Thank you.

LINKIN PARK NO BRASIl

3. jmanrules1 on July 21, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Dear Mike,
    You r my IDOL n im only like 11 i rap w/ ur songs on linkin park and fort minor and i play keyboard but do u hav any tips on how 2 freestyle rap n choruses on rap songs? i really nd ur help

signed ur biggest fan,
    jmanrules1

4. zzaacc on July 8, 2010 at 9:30 pm

“LP4ever: Mike respect bruv and thanx for the game !! but can u leave the gaming world now and reconcentrate ON YOUR NU=METAL MUSIC MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: someone in the LPU chat just asked me about this…I guess my answer was incorrect. I actually haven’t been interest in nu metal since 1998 or 1999. I never liked that term, nor being associated with it. Thanks for helping me clarify!”

this really interested me. what do YOU think the bands music falls under? and u cant just say alternative, thats cheating

5. RinaSHndA on June 19, 2010 at 6:09 pm

So, Mike…
    MOREMESSAGESCOMINGSOON
    hhmm…we’ll be waiting..
    we keep eyes on you..!!
    😀
    thank you for making us work out our brain.. ^O^
    Love you,mike…!!

6. jigal deathgod on June 18, 2010 at 12:07 pm

man u ppl r jst rocking my fav. bamd guys wer do u get these ideas from crap its awsome wish ya can come 2 india. u ppl hv tons of followers in here, every guy listens 2 ur music but fine man we undrstnds it may not be ur class. by the way best of luck 4 ur new album. hope its sumthng amazing & it will

7. Dreday 1549 on June 17, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Hey mike…i been looking for the lyrics to the fear demo in the L.P.U.9 can u post what your saying in your verse its sound really good,but i cant make out any of the words…please hit me back its driving me crazy…

Dreday 1549

8. RinaSHndA on June 13, 2010 at 11:23 pm

hey guys….takes your time on the new album…
    it’s not matter of time,,
    the most important thing is we can feel the idealism…..
    anyway….
    go home, take a rest, takes some time with your family….
    i’m quite sure, that’ll refresh your mind…

we miss you guys here in Indonesia…!!
    LOVE YOU MIKE…
    Thanks Linkin Park..

9. Shanil on June 12, 2010 at 4:22 am

hey Mike, its a bit too late to ask for your upcoming album but the next album after this one, and i speak for all the fans when i ask this, please put your old hybrid theory/meteora rock sounds in it and you can add your other new music style to it so its like a mix. or even better,release a 2CD album, one album with the old nu-metal sound and one with the new sound. if i had to get a petition for this request, man i would be swimming with signatures. love all your music..in Linkin park and out,your my inspiration man.

10. Soumya on June 11, 2010 at 7:24 am

hi mike!!
    if you ever read this,plz plz come to India soon…plz plz..
    i love you and ‘course LP🙂
    you sing really good…its magical..:X

11. Chris on June 9, 2010 at 6:47 am

Hi mike just want to know, is rick rubin producing this album with you cos i heard he was and i just wanted to know🙂

12. Carlos on June 8, 2010 at 10:47 pm

Mr Shinoda allways at the same pace !
    []

13. adriana on June 8, 2010 at 9:36 pm

hey mike!
    i just want to say that i completly luv your music man, your a great rapper,a great producer and you draw amazing =)and i hope you still making cool music with LP or alone.

Now, as a mexican fan of LP i need to ask..when you guys come to Mexico again?
    it’s been a good while since the last time you guys came
    i hope you responds me =)

14. Yuewan on June 8, 2010 at 4:36 am

Heya! Just dropping by to give some love and 頑張って for LP’s new album! ><

15. Bianca Carvalho on June 6, 2010 at 9:56 am

Hello Mike, I am a Brazilian fan ..
    I am using a translator, but I think some words may not be translated correctly so I will not write much. : /
    So I decided to ask a question that interests me not only as to all the Brazilian fans of LP. (The fans in orkut communities are crazy) Tensed
    When LP in Brazil l?
    I hope that you have understood ..

KISSES!

16. Rain on June 6, 2010 at 5:41 am

Hey Mike.
    Just want to say that I love your music, and I’d probably love you if
    we ever met😉 Can’t wait to hear your new stuff; just be yourself…
    love Hybrid Theory, but if you’ve passed on from that style and way of
    making music, no hard feelings. Just be my dear Linkin Park.

You have my heart,
    Adi

17. austin on June 5, 2010 at 1:15 am

lmfao, the comment at may 31st 8:18, english…..lol

18. pegah on June 5, 2010 at 12:59 am

I’ve been listening to you’re songs since I was 4 or 5 years old,I can remember I watched all you’re videos and interviews on TV!!!!!I really love you’re band and I hope I can meet you:D:D good luck (and ofcourse I love you’re artworks….they really go on my fu****g mind.)

19. Eithan on June 4, 2010 at 4:08 am

I’ve just read you’re not interested in nu-metal since about 2005. You guys should really come back to the roots… it’s what we all love. I really miss the old LP days.

20. Sebastian on June 3, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Dear Michael Kenji Shinoda,

Ha I sound like my teacher.
    Anyway, I saw in one of your interviews that you didn’t like or wanted to be put in the Nu Metal genre. And I pretty much shrugged it off saying “Oh its just probably right then and there, he doesn’t mean it” But here, on your site, im surprised you lost interest in that. Your whole nu metal stuff back in Hybrid Theory impacted my life bro. In my oppinion, LP’s nu metal was better than Limp Bizkit. haha and I managed to develop my own rapping style, by observing your style. I plan on making Nu Metal type stuff in the future. I respect you man. At least make ONE more numetal song? c’mon, for us?😀

Sebastian

21. ydher on June 3, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Mike, remember you eat from what we the fans give you. Real solo stars have fallen when they thought they were invincible, your a disposible part of a group.

22. mehdi on June 3, 2010 at 2:05 am

Ever rock and metal groups Iranian heard anything? Do you even interested to them?

23. ADrian on June 2, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I hear you guys are planning to release more music more quickly. I sure hope the quality will not be affected.

BUT 1 song every 6 months or so is cool enough:D

I wish you guys a lot of success with the new album and try to get some sleep from time to time.

Best of luck,
    ADrian.

24. Tayiaba on June 2, 2010 at 11:37 am

My hands hurt just scrolling up the screen… Danm thers a lot of comments

25. may on May 31, 2010 at 8:18 am

hey i have a question the album gonna be out in 2012, is because likin park ends? i’m afraid, because my friends fans of you said that if is wrong i will go with lady gaga is real i’m not lying i’m crying and my mom too she loves you jajajaj no is a lie and if is out in the 45632 i gonna be die you are a bad person all of you kisses bye

26. Linoge on May 30, 2010 at 3:06 pm

hey, mike, hope u read this…
    are you guys going to come to Argentina?
    here we are waiting for u… hope u came here soon..

if u read this, would you answer me please?
    thanks!

27. Ego on May 30, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Hey Mike!
    Hope you’ll come to Croatia! We(Fans)will try to get 30,000 people on facebook for you to come! Well I’m realy interested in your new album. You beter make sure to be worth waiting … I bet it’ll be the f***ing great!
    Cheers form Croatia

28. Silvia Cezar on May 30, 2010 at 5:37 am

Querido Mike, Sou brasileira. Desculpe-me a próxima digito em inglês. To muito feliz por saber q poderia mandar essa mensagem pra você. Adoro voce e todos da banda. Desejo Q DEUS continue ajudando voces mais e mais. Muita saúde e paz. Um grande beijo da sua eterna fã. Silvia

29. LPRAY on May 30, 2010 at 1:03 am

hey Mike…
    my english is not so good, because i´m from Germany.
    I want to say that Linkin Park is the best Band in this whole world.
    i said the next in Geman, because i don´t know how to say it in english.

Linkin Park, wieviel Zeit ihr auch braucht für das nächste Album, nehmt sie euch!!!!!!!!! Selbst wenn es 2050 passiert dass das album erscheint, dann ist es so und ich werde warten🙂. Ich wünsche euch sehr viel Glück für das Album.

Greetz form Germany (Welzow)

Ramón

30. Kevin K. on May 29, 2010 at 5:36 pm

@David_LP_SOLDIER :

Sorry, but Linkin Park is Linkin Park not U2,AC/DC or The Rolling Stones. Every Band, every Artist get much experince since he exist and then he will change. I’m a Fan from Linkin Park since I was eleven years old now I’m twenty. I really grow up with the band and the band, they grow up too.
    Minutes To Midnight is really good Album, the numbers show this. 8 Million is much. And you must be think, Hybrid Theory came in the year 2000, and Meteora in 2003.Your Problem is that, the Last Album came in 2007 and now we’ve 2010. You can angry about this, but you can accept this and wait of a hopfully for you great album that’s better is as M2M.Let the Band do their Job.

31. mattin on May 29, 2010 at 9:52 am

hey mike, what do you think about a song together with limp bizkit? regards from germany!🙂

32. yoshimitsu0408 on May 28, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Hey Mike
    I’m so excited me and a friend are going to a couple of music stores looking at kaos pads, turntables, m audio pads, samplers etc. and maybe a look at ableton live.

I’m just wondering did you have any times like that when you were a teenager? And do you have a suggestion about what we should look for? Peforming live is extremely important to us so that might change your answer.

Yoshimitsu (btw I’m 15)

33. JAMES CHESTER003 on May 28, 2010 at 12:23 am

MIKE!! MIKE!! is linkin park included on the soundtrack of transformers 3??? are you involved on the film’s score? pls pls pls!

34. Þriya on May 27, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Hello Mykey
    how are you?
    I want to know if you have any plan to come over here at INDIA.

We all are dying to hear and see you rocking the stage LIVE.

35. Christian Heyl on May 27, 2010 at 4:41 pm

So Mike….are you ever gonna get back to rap music like Fort Minor??? Or at least rapping on tracks with like Cypriss Hill or possibly other artists???Or at least something new with Jay Z please!

36. Leandra Marchezi on May 27, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Hello Mike, hope you read this.
    I’d like to say thank you for you there,
    I’m his fan too, my dream is to go to a show,
    the only problem is that I’m from Brazil (here you have the LP
    thousands of frenzied fans, who were not on that show in Sao Paulo
    09/11/2004 days), Bye, I love you

PLEASE COME TO BRAZIL….

37. Zayra on May 27, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Hi Mike!!!

God I never thought I could write to you sometime. I’ve been wishing that since I was 12 and now I’m 22, lol

Well, what can I say? I admire you a lot, specially when I saw you in your first dvd, cause you look so happy, so excited about the concerts, the band, and every song… You know? I’m from Colombia and I met LP 10 years ago, I’ve been waiting for you guys… All Colombia’s fans are still waiting for you, so please, give us the BIG honor to sing In The End with you using all our hearts…

I hope you to read this message, lol… Thanks a lot for make happy my teenage years!🙂

38. katouche*didi* on May 27, 2010 at 12:07 pm

yeah cool! but with all the mixes you can make a good album!
    and I think that you can release the CD around the year 2255!!! LoL
    it’s will be funny so.😄

39. Barry on May 27, 2010 at 9:42 am

The upside of the album taking a while? Better music. Do you want them to release terrible music that’s not fit to listen too?

40. olivia on May 27, 2010 at 5:34 am

OMG! I love Linkin Park!!(: I only have to get Hybrid Theory and I’ll have all the CDs

41. chester7890 on May 27, 2010 at 4:17 am

Ouch?

42. nichole on May 26, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Hey Mike!😀

Out of curiosity, will New Divide appear on Linkin Park’s new album?😀

Thanks!

43. ali @ turkiye on May 26, 2010 at 3:47 pm

hi guys, you know that you are one of the bests. I met the linkin park in 2004 and that time I had very bad and unsuccesfully life, everythings went wrong and I got stuck. And when I started listening to you, then you made me feel different, as if I lived in another life and was a different guy. you made me go far and untouched places. you made me forget lots of things. your melody was unique and unreachable..but your last album was’t so good.your some songs are fine but not like the meteora and hybrid theory..and everyone want that style of music back..I think “new divide” was your peak. I think, next album should consist of the integration of first 2 album and style of “new divide”.

44. Abhi on May 26, 2010 at 6:17 am

Hey mike i m a big fan of yours. You guys experimented on a wider and more varied range of genres and styles in minutes to midnight.So are you guys planing to do something diff for ur next album as well?

45. Kamaljit on May 26, 2010 at 5:39 am

Hey mike. LP went to texas and other places why don’t you visit India.
    LP must come to Assam, India because indian fans are waiting for LP.

46. Matthew Wong on May 26, 2010 at 5:01 am

How sad your sarcasm is wasted on these statistic-loving, one-eyed masses.

When has Mike, or the band ever cared about how many records they sell? What in fact, do they care about more…

THE MUSIC. And when they have the abilities and talents to do SO much more, why would they repeat themselves?

As long as Mike and the band feel invested in the album when it drops, I know I’m going to love it.

47. Chiara76 on May 26, 2010 at 3:32 am

In response to Fred Durst:
    I think the ignorance of some people is unfathomable and unbridgeable!!!
    The songs of the LP are the most original I ever heard!!! I love you guys

48. Screechblue on May 26, 2010 at 1:35 am

Hey mike, just wanted to say that you really are an inspiration, in terms of your attitude,creativity and talent. Im an artist myself and have really enjoyed your artwork, please continue with it!

I also love your music, especially fort minor and your work with SOB. As far as the next LP album is concerned i cant wait but just egnore all the other people on here having a go, if they dont like it they shouldnt listen to the music or comement on the website, the album will be ready when its ready and please dont let ignorant and ungratefull people put you off or stop you loving what you do.

Thanks for sharing your gifts mate

49. Bob Jane on May 25, 2010 at 8:53 pm

@HybridDude

” ‘No More Sorrow’ it was just felt like the album was empty”

I feel sorry for you that you can’t relate to the lyrics ‘you’ll pay for what you’ve done

50. sylvia on May 25, 2010 at 1:48 pm

can you people please stop asking about the new album!!i just want it to come out already so i can buy it!!!

51. HybridDude on May 25, 2010 at 11:15 am

Personally, M2M was not a good album to me personally not only as a LP fan but just a person who listens to music for the lyrics. Hybrid Theory and Meteora had songs I could relate to in my everyday life. Not only did I like the message and words behind the songs, but I loved the way it sounded. Even Mike and Chester’s solo projects had songs I could relate to. But M2M was way too political to me. Nothing hits my nerve more than political songs, cause it just turns off the listener because its something they cant really relate to. I have no political views whatsoever, so to hear that album with songs like “Hands Held High” and “No More Sorrow” it was just felt like the album was empty.

52. JoshJJ on May 25, 2010 at 11:04 am

Hey Mike i’m aware that it’s not up to the fans -or me- and i know u guyz are kind of over nu metal and that ur setteling, but maybe -just an idea of a tiny south african – just to satisfy ur older fans u could put one track in the next lp album that could relate to In the End. I respect that you’ve created softer music -kinda ignoring given up- but i think it would be awesum.
    THANKS!

53. NICHOLE on May 25, 2010 at 8:26 am

Hey Mike(:

I’m not sure if you’ll read this since you’re a really busy guy and all, but all the best for the new album!😀 I’ll be waiting for it when it hits Singapore.😀

Also, I just wanted to say you’re really in inspiring individual who leads in many ways, and that you motivate me and inspire me a lot. (: Thanks for the great music and everything else!

Keep being awesome♥!😀

PS- You’re really cute. :’D

54. Rachel on May 25, 2010 at 8:03 am

Mike, i looked for “Viet Nam” in the “Country” category when i signed up for LPU and i couldnt believe there was no such country. i wonder if LP forgot to list my country or that was a patently disrepect to your Vietnamese fans. Waiting for your answer.
    Anyway, good luck on your mixing.

55. David_LP_SOLDIER on May 25, 2010 at 3:38 am

I’M SORRY, BUT I HAVE TO AGREE WITH SOME OF THE COMMENTS HERE.

“We just figured that we had exhausted that sound. It was easy for us to replicate, it was easy for other bands to replicate” – M.SHINODA

SO WHAT ABOUT BANDS LIKE U2, ROLLING STONES, AC/DC? THEY’VE ALL BEEN SYNONYMOUS WITH THE SAME SOUND FOR YEARS.

NOW LP FEELS LIKE: WE’RE TOO GOOD FOR RAP & ROCK MUSIC – WE’RE GOING TO PHASE OUT OUR OLD MATERIAL FROM OUR SHOWS & HOPE THE FANS DON’T NOTICE.

BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY THE NUMBERS DON’T LIE……

HYBRID THEORY: 24 MILL
    METEORA: 13 MILL
    M2M: 8 MILL (EXPLANATION: 4 YEARS OF HYPE FOR NOTHING)

56. Lp|Kseniya|Lp on May 25, 2010 at 12:12 am

Hello Mike!
    My name is Kseniya. Me 12 years.
    I live in small citi Usinsk and get on your concerto can not…=(
    Me much likes your group particularly you Mike=)
    Linkin Park me to like already nearly 2)
    Me much likes the song “Black birds” [=)

57. Todd on May 24, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Hey Mike, In response to your response of “why arnt you posting any studio updates”
    I was wondering what was the way you went about Mixing and recoreding demos, in your Xero and early days?

58. Luan Santos on May 24, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Hey guy… The fans are excited by the band’s new album, but does not justify the fact that they stay making jokes about it! I’m crazy for the album, but I know I should wait and have good sense!!!!

59. Cesar G. on May 24, 2010 at 8:56 am

Quote:Fred Durst

“For your first 2 albums, you guys just ripped off Limp Bizkit. You guys sold out from the get go. You chose the nu metal sound to capitalize on Limp Bizkit’s success.”

Well actually Limp Bizkit was a mainstream project, Linkin Park was rapping and rocking since the 90’s and everyone from the band already knew each other through school except for Chester which they later picked him up anyways. So since they already knew each other since the beginning of Hybrid Theory (the band name not album) they already created their own sound, and weren’t going to change it no matter what anyone said.

60. LPcelio on May 24, 2010 at 8:12 am

Mike I don’t understand why all this arrogance whenever someone speaks to you in old LP. you don’t think it’s normal that people have learned to love you through your old style? My opinion is that you (Linkin Park) have no respect for fans and spit on the plate where you ate heavily for years. Metallica do the same kind of music for years and they continue to be one of the greatest bands ever. I do not understand why it is that Linkin Park has to change whenever they do an album since meteora. Linkin Park has everything to be the biggest band in the world, but change as soon as you have done, I think they are losing their true fans. thanks

61. Andreea on May 24, 2010 at 7:09 am

Hey Mike,your music is great,MTM album is also awsome even if some people doesnt like it becouse isnt Nu-Metal…but the sound is great and i love that you guys are trying new things🙂 and i dont mean to be rude(for other fans) stop asking about the new album so mean…i know you can’t wait for it also me…its really pissing off…everythime same question ‘when album comes out’ when it will come will come ‘TAKE YOUR TIME for the album’…and Thnx for the game Mike…its amazing…keep going like this, love you guys🙂

62. The Greatest Mike Shinoda Fan Ever on May 24, 2010 at 6:49 am

“M: We’ve decided to push the album back one day for every time we get asked “when is the album coming out.” So, based on the comments here on mikeshinoda.com alone, it looks like it will be out sometime in 2050.”

Wow ! Mike, why not push it to 2090? that would be nice !

63. Elizabeth on May 24, 2010 at 5:04 am

My husband and I began listening to Linkin Park in our early 20’s and have followed Linkin Park throughout the years, loved Fort Minor and now love Dead By Sunrise. Now that we are in our early 30’s we understand the transition because we ourselves have grown. We are no longer in our 20’s and angry, we are in our 30’s, have a family, and can truly appreciate the way Linkin Park has evolved. Sell outs?? I don’t think so. Age appropriate…more like it.

64. Miguel Angel LP on May 24, 2010 at 5:01 am

hi mike
    Hail from Colombia
    my question is when it comes to Colombia linkin park or doing a tour of Latin America?
    Colombia really is waiting for so long!

65. ekzzo_russia on May 24, 2010 at 2:15 am

No time?
    I understand, that you are very busy in the studio, but I love your’s video, where you have are good time.

I am waiting for new videos!

66. chandan on May 23, 2010 at 11:43 pm

hey mike
    do u have any personal favourite artists you want to collaborate with?!

i guess fans would love that
    in that case i would root for maybe eminem or coldplay or evanescence ….

67. Xandro P. on May 23, 2010 at 8:25 pm

I hope your mixes will be pick Mike! Actually I like your mixes since you’ve released your side project album Fort Minor “The Rising Tied”… it sounds well… and I hope that they pick you up Mike!

God bless!

68. Gabriel on May 23, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Im really looking forward to what will come on the new lp,
    is going to be REVOLUTIONARY,,,
    (Projeck REVOLUTION, AJJAJAA)
    By the time a CD of Fort Minor??
    I worry also about FM, since I have your 2 cds,,,
    are great.
    It seems that all of us FANS,
    we’re down,,,
    sorry everyone!
    I also want to consider coming to Argentina,,
    I love them!
    Gabriel from Argentina Buenos Aires!

69. analoggirl on May 23, 2010 at 8:01 pm

It’s interesting to read some of the more critical comments. I guess your blog has become an equalizer, for better or for worse! Thanks for continuing to foster dialogue with your fans/community.

70. adam on May 23, 2010 at 4:54 pm

I agree with you, that’d be weird. Anyway.. glad that you picked up on the comments.

71. Paris on May 23, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Actually, you should know that on Linkin Park’s MySpace on the media player when you click on Numb, it plays Bleed It Out.😛 Nice fail😛 haha check it out and fix it. hehe greetings.

72. Fred Durst on May 23, 2010 at 11:10 am

Mike,
    Forget nu metal and forget alternative rock. You should make an album with your own unique sound. For your first 2 albums, you guys just ripped off Limp Bizkit and on your third album you guys ripped off U2. You have no originality. Please stop copying other people and create YOUR OWN SOUND. You guys sold out from the get go. You chose the nu metal sound to capitalize on Limp Bizkit’s success. Then when nu metal was no longer popular, you changed your sound in order to stay popular. Selling out is when you change your sound to appeal to a wider audience, to follow trends or to remain popular. Please do yourself and your fans a favor by going in a less mainstream direction.

73. BlackFireDevil on May 23, 2010 at 10:39 am

will you guys just hurry up with the album PLEEEAASSE!!! it’s driving me crazy. i think it’s taking you guys longer than M2M. i think 2050 is underestimating the amount of time it’s gonna take…just like you’ve been underestimating when the album is coming out…2110 IS MORE LIKE IT!!!! i’m not the only fan going crazy….

74. Adrian on May 23, 2010 at 10:00 am

Hola Mike, lo primero es darte un saludo desde España, esperamos con muchas ganas el nuevo álbum, y esperaremos lo que haga falta asta que salga a la venta, eres increíble, tienes una capacidad de desarrollar canciones fantásticas, y cada tema, es espectacular…un gran abrazo desde tus fans españoles, que os siguen en cada paso.

75. Teo on May 23, 2010 at 8:38 am

More experimenting…Hmm…Testing means inovation but please don’t push to far. You said that you are not interested in NU=Metal. That is what got you up there. I know I have no right to tell you what to do. Your mind is your own and I respect that. But please don’t give up your unique signature because you will lose a lot of suporting fans. I will always be a hard core Linkin Park fan. The day I listened One step closer changed my life. I watched you guys rising and I don’t want to watch you fall.

By the way here’s a question for you to answer next time…if you want to..

Will we hear another Fort Minor record again?

76. ab29 on May 23, 2010 at 8:07 am

Hi Mike!!when will the album come out???i can’t wait!!!!

77. LPolya on May 23, 2010 at 6:35 am

Hey,Mike

Wow, when i read this,i was pretty ashamed. You know,Mike, ure an idol to so many people in Russia and in the world, so what d’ya expect them to do after this? I know, that ure a man too,but even in extreme situations the stars shouldn’t show their emotions that big,even in sarcasm!ure a great person,but u must hold ya in ur hands…never get angry on fan,even they are asking stupid questions,or nothing good will happen…i’m srry fr my words,but it’s the unlikable truth..
    But i adore ya anyway.

78. Jo_o8 on May 23, 2010 at 3:37 am

Hey Mike I was quite surprised to hear Blackbirds on the radio the other day. It’s not going to be released as a single is it?

79. kiki on May 23, 2010 at 2:05 am

want more nu-metal

80. Nobita1760 on May 23, 2010 at 1:02 am

I really expecting of your new Album I’m cure by Linkin Park, so I need your medicine! I hope it’s comming soon!
    Someone want more Nu-Metal because they’re conservative, but it’s not matter with me…
    Let ‘s give new stuff, as you did in MTM, I like Dead By Sunrise of Chester too!
    Let’s make the world to amaze be cause you’re LINKIN PARK, my IDOL!

81. Fran on May 22, 2010 at 11:04 pm

mike .. When LP is Worthy to do a concert in Central America or just come to Costa Rica?

82. Hariz Rizy on May 22, 2010 at 10:13 pm

I hope you’ll reply this Mike. Transformers 3 will be out by July 2011. Will the band make a soundtrack for it like what you did for Transformers 2?

83. Melly on May 22, 2010 at 4:50 pm

I hope the album is coming soon, too. ^^

wish you the best
    Good luck on your ways

i will be a LP fan FOREVER !!!

84. ammy aybar on May 22, 2010 at 4:40 pm

heyyy Mike plz re-sent me the messagge of linkinpark undergroup i lost this messagge

85. YJ on May 22, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Even though you said that everytime you are asked when will the new album come out, you postpone it for one day, I have to say that I really miss LP’s music a lot. Just for the sake of expressing my eagerness, not mean to push you anyway.

86. Shrinerlp on May 22, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Well, you sound like a dickhead. What happened to your street team bruv? Nu metal made you big now you ditch it? wow. your bare harsh. you dont even make one song just for old times sake cus your going all mainstream with justin bieber. (Y)

87. Natasha Lopez de Arenosa on May 22, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Haha, nice. Amusing, I love your sarcasm at times.
    Thank you for the post, and semi-update. Patiently awaiting the new album. I am slowly but surely saving up money for an iTouch to play your game! :]
    Take care, you, your family, and the band.

~MissBikeFinoda

88. Bibi on May 22, 2010 at 9:55 am

Mike,

You use the the fame and fanbase you gained with something you’re embarrassed about to dabble in the art- or videogames world and see if your fans are buying it.

And you’re being scornful about it. Being famous is not the only indicator for kindness and intelligence. I’ll never be as enthusiastic about stuff as I was with 16, but I miss it and why you’re so sarcastic towards people who haven’t lost it yet, I don’t understand.

There are only so many questions you can ask someone who guards most of his life and isn’t interested in your opinions. It’s a natural power divide, but it also limits our chances to communicate.

So, do you like Poptarts?

89. Ana on May 22, 2010 at 9:04 am

MIKE PLEASE APOLOGIZE TO @PINKYLOULOU on twitter for calling KITTY from 8BR her mother. that was really mean!

90. andres on May 22, 2010 at 8:37 am

Mike knows what they are doing what they do with the heart to get lp art and great artist is that everything is going good ………………….. … please, just take into account in the future for South America on a tour

linkin park forever

91. RedZero on May 22, 2010 at 7:42 am

Sorry… Linkin Park Was labeled as Nu-Metal. They never once said they were a Nu-Metal band. LP is a band that wants to be who they are and write the music they want to write. That’s why to this day I love MTM. I respect the band for not trying to sound like there last two albums and to try new things. I didn’t want MTM to sound like Hybrid Theory. If I want to listen to Hybrid Theory then I’ll listen to it.

Thank you Mike for all the hard work you and the band put into your music. Your blood, sweat, and tears!

92. Dino on May 22, 2010 at 6:08 am

…2050?
    Might as well push it back a little bit more then…
    Whens the album coming out?
    Whens the album coming out?
    Whens the album coming out?
    Whens the album coming out?
    Whens the album coming out?
    Whens the album coming out?
    Whens the album coming out?
    Whens the album coming out?
    Whens the album coming out?
    Whens the album coming out?
    Whens the album coming out?

93. TIFFTIFF33LP on May 22, 2010 at 5:46 am

Cool,response 2 comments…I really hope that thing about the album isnt true+_+

94. Steven on May 22, 2010 at 5:43 am

I find it sad that you hate the term nu metal. I find it sad because hybrid theory, which like it or not, was nu-metal, sold 30 million copies. But I guess that is a crime. Only 30 million copies. Meteora, which was nu- metal also was largely successful. Minutes to Midnight, which was not nu-metal, had no where near the success of your first 2 albums. Yet despite this. Despite the facts and statistics, you are ignorant enough to disregard the nu-metal sound. The sound that made you.

95. jader on May 22, 2010 at 5:26 am

meu nome é jader sou do brasil!!

fui a um unico show de voces aqui em são paulo

amo muito todos voces continuem assim!!

a cada musica me emociono mais e mais

um grande abraço mike shinoda pra mim voce é o melhor vocal do mundo.

96. Kleck on May 22, 2010 at 5:17 am

Hey Mike, about the studio updates thing. I am REALLY hoping that you are recording a lot of what goes on in the studio, and then release of lot of that with the album (similar to what you did with Minutes to Midnight). I love those behind the scenes kind of things, and I’m sure many others would love to see the frustrations, tinkerings, trial-and-errors, etc. that go with making an album.

MtM’s was good, but it was more optimistic and playful in nature. I’d love to see you guys like that, but also pissed off because you can’t get the tone right, or the mixing is screwed, or other general bumps in the road. To see what it’s really like for you guys in the studio, ya know?

97. Crono676 on May 22, 2010 at 4:25 am

Hey Mike, you better check this out.
    This guy is awesome, I’ve seen his other videos and his cool one. U2 parody is great>😆

(Sorry, I know it’s not the right place for this but I don’t know where else can I post it.)

98. Emil on May 22, 2010 at 2:12 am

Well Mike Hello =]
    first time i’m writing here🙂
    i just wanted to know if LP will use NEW instruments like you did in
    MTM?

99. Dara on May 22, 2010 at 1:43 am

I believe that every band (Especially successful bands like LP) must always keep their unique style. You were unique. Your first two albums were really unique, but there are many (Thousands of) albums like M2M. Every fan likes the original style of his/her favourite artist. For example none of the fans of “Metallica” like them to sing R&B. I think you know it yourself Mike that non of the songs of M2M can be compared to songs like “In the End” or “Breaking the Habit”. Why HT is your best-selling record? Why it’s a great album and many still talk about and listen to it? It MUST have a REASON. Please Mike answer me LOGICALLY.
    Remember I’m a really great and original fan of LP.

100. jehsta90 on May 22, 2010 at 12:11 am

1.questions about the album:i understand that it’s sometimes annoying for you,but take this as a compliment:there are so many “real fans” who are interested in your music and who have waited patient for a new album over a long time.i think questions are way better than having noone interested in a new album.
    2.fort minor:there are so many fans waiting for a new fm album(me too).i know such an album is a lot of work,but hopefully you’ll find the time.the sound and the lyrics of fm are unique.
    3.do you know that you look like ruud van nistelrooy (football player from hamburg)these days:-)

101. minuteforce on May 21, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Shinoda has every reason to be annoyed with you guys. You pretty much spam him everywhere he goes with the same couple of questions which he’s then had to answer fifty gazillion times. You’d be sick of it too in his position, if people were to get impatient with you while you were trying your hardest to make good music. <.< That kind of teenie bullsh*t is why I avoid the LPMB.

You guys want respect from Shinoda? Show him some.

102. CLYDE on May 21, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Hey Mike, you guys should seriously not lose your foundation that was built by nu-metal or what you call it. I think evolved metal is adequate description your music. I hope you notice the metal part of that previous sentence because that is what minutes to midnight was seriously lacking too much of a chick album. Nothing wrong with soft songs at all but a good mixture of rap and metal songs is always a plus. I hope the new album will put your previous albums to shame and PROJEKT REVOLUTION comes around.

103. hayden on May 21, 2010 at 10:25 pm

hey man love your music. keep it up. can’t wait for new music but beauty and genius take time and i’ll wait however long i need too cause you and the linkin park gang are badasses

104. DJMaggotTheory on May 21, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Will you guys PLEASE release some stuff for remixers sometime?

105. benmoon on May 21, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Gosh mike… some fans need to get over the fact that you guys aren’t all screamo and making music about teen stress etc… you guy are like what, in your 30’s now? Jeez, just make whatever you and the band wants to make, we’ll listen to it, and we’ll accept it or not (hopefully we accept it XD). Ignore the fans who want you to make the nu metal sound…

106. natutech on May 21, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Hello🙂 seeing all these comments, I wonder if my comment will ever be read by any person working in LP😦 anyways, r u ppl illuminati/mason or sth like that?

107. AlineB on May 21, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Hi, Mike
    I hate that the people always talk about that NuMetal stuff…I think you go further with MTM and now you guys can do the next step
    Just make the music You wanna do!!!
    Love you and Linkin Park

108. Rana LP on May 21, 2010 at 9:54 pm

i wanted to ask by the way….hope it’s not a bad thing that i did’nt get the game till now…..having exams..and i don’t have iphone …..how it can be solved.,…sure if i made it i’ll buy aN iphone L:'(😥

109. ahmad on May 21, 2010 at 9:21 pm

hey mike!!! i just wanna ask about a sort of instrumental track i heard on youtube called ‘lockjaw’……wat would u say about it ???

110. xGUY on May 21, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Go Back to HardCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

111. Ruan Sales on May 21, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Hello Mike, Think about yourself, we here in Brazil love linkin park a lot, and woke up each day eager for any news that relates to the official Linkin Park in Brazil, or the release of his new album, I wanted to tell you the reason I’m commenting on your blog, it’s not about concerts in Brazil, nor release date for new album, The biggest reason is about how you’re treating your fans and the world, they will have more respect, be more humble, and careful with your words because you can lose many fans, do not do more ironic jokes, and remember that fans of the band are the reason for being where you are, the phoenix adimiro always responding with respect and love for her fans.

112. Matthew Wong on May 21, 2010 at 7:25 pm

“When will the new album be out?”

“What will it sound like?”

“When you come to [insert country here]?”

“When new Fort Minor?”

“Make new record sound like Hybrid Theory/’Nu-Metal’ for me”

“Please answer the EXACT same questions FOR OVER TWO YEARS”

-_- Seriously guys, give the Mike a break; we all know how hard they work at anything they do, and how much effort gets put in. How about we try and respect the amount of attention we actually get from him, and let him and the other guys finish what will be an epic record.

113. shan1105 on May 21, 2010 at 7:12 pm

I really wish people would stop ruining all the chats and ustreams with there constant spamming and fangirling. It is so ridiculous and even after mike asks you to stop you continue on. It really ruins it for those who have valid questions. Love LP and Mike’s sarcasm!!!!

114. NEOSHIDA on May 21, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Hi Mike! My surgeon said i had a f*ckin serious chronic brain tumor and he said that i only had a month from now before i go go… Could you please release LP new record before next month so i can close my eyes peacefully? Oh sh*t my brain hurt! Please Mikey, RELEASE IT, NOW!!!! Arghhh!

Ok, kidding… Take your time pals! =)

115. Jacob J on May 21, 2010 at 7:07 pm

People who talk about Mike being a smartass. Look people. he keeps getting asked the same 10 questions over and over again. you would get irritated after awhile too. He is human the difference is you guys take every word up the ass. quit bitching. LP is probably one of the bands that are the most kind to their fans. quit complaining because of his sarcastic remarks

116. lis on May 21, 2010 at 6:35 pm

i was on college😦😦 (geography)
    well i miss it….😦
    i hope to have one opportunity to talk with you mike!
    kisses from Argentina

117. Violet on May 21, 2010 at 6:30 pm

118. Opakurto on May 21, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Mike, seriously…if you never liked Nu Metal, why did you make 2 records who belong to this genre, and why did you tour with so many other nu metal bands?

Also…since a couple of months, you’re acting like you were god, and like your fans were stupid guys who like whatever you do. Making good music and being famous doesn’t make you more smart/intelligent/…than everyone else. I know it is sarcasm, but showing some respect to us would also be cool sometimes.

119. honestabe on May 21, 2010 at 6:20 pm

alrite mike, looks like everyone else are too scared to say it, so it looks like i’m the one who has to. But honestly, we think you’re a little harsh, i mean, there’s times where people would say “do you think (any band here) are nice people to meet?” and dude, i think your one of the mean ones, look how to respond to peoples comments, and when someone asks a question you never answer it exactly lol, i can feel your pretty messed up to the LP fans, just cuz they miss the old sound doesnt mean act like a douche.

120. James on May 21, 2010 at 6:16 pm

You have become such a smart ass, how about some humility Mike.

121. ryan carr on May 21, 2010 at 6:13 pm

hey mike keep making that album TAKE YOUR TIME my saying the longer it takes to make a album the better it is and that track you did with cypress hill was amazingly sick and blackbirds should have made it on minutes to midnight that track is the best. I do have one question for you if you feel like answering Do you think fort minor will ever put together a new cd or do shows in the future just curious. Thanks LP and mike

122. LPMichelle on May 21, 2010 at 6:08 pm

when r u gonna b on UStream again??? I missed the notice a few days ago…😦

123. linkinparkbelgiummanager on May 21, 2010 at 5:19 pm

@ LP4ever… It’s not the fan who can decide what kind of music his favorit band makes. @ Mike: I go to release a demo cd with 5 tracks. I produced a lot of more but I only put the good stuff on the cd. The purpose actually is to proove other musicians I can produce music and in the back of that demo cd there will be a message to all other musicians if they wanna join the project en start a band. It’s all made with digital synthesyzer and I used Reason for it. I cna play live Keyboard and piano. But a lot of ineruments in my music, I can’t play. Do you think this will work? Do you think, people will contact me for trying to work together on music. Greetz, Lode

124. Phil on May 21, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Mariana Durski, DL, Finis, Sailor-Moon, and Stephen

I hope you are all joking, because Mike literally just adressed that.

125. RICARDO on May 21, 2010 at 4:52 pm

LINKIN PARK QUEREMOS VERTE EN MEXICO ESTE 2010 CANTAR
    LINKIN PARK LINKIN PARK QUEREMOS GRITAR

BLACKBIRDS/NOT ALONE/NEW DIVIDE QUERMEOS ESCUCHAR
    POR QUE ESA VOZ QUE VIVE EN MI ES LA QUE ME INSPIRA
    A ESCRIBIR Y DECIR QUE GRACIAS TI HOY PUEDO RESPIRAR

126. Sailor-moon on May 21, 2010 at 3:49 pm

will you guys be making more video games? its fun….i tryd it with my cousin…wen will u u guys have the new album?

127. BrazilianFan on May 21, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Hello Mike,
    First: Sorry about my english
    I’ll leave the subject of music and I will talk about sports:
    Will you watch the world cup soccer? if not what sports you watch?
    And keep rocking dont do music just for the fans, make music for yourselves too.
    Bye and hugs from Brazil!

128. PR on May 21, 2010 at 2:59 pm

“that’s just plain weird” hhahah

129. Coala Bär on May 21, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Hey Mike… seems like you don’t take your fans for serious anymore. Other bands would be happy if their fans would ask that much about a new cd. your chat on u-stream was a joke as well. seems like you wanna show everyone how stupid fans are and how smart you are.
    chester is still really nice though.. the stuff he posted on twitter about dead by sunrise (looking for reasons the band didnt become that big) showed that he’s still down to earth.
    however, i still love your music and i really hope that there are more experimental kind of song like ltgya on the new album.

130. aleto_o on May 21, 2010 at 2:30 pm

mike dejate de ser tan soberbio, cuando eres humilde, es cuando mejor musica haces… siempre has sido un ejemplo para mi, por tu arte y todo lo que haces…
    ojala tu actitud solo sea un simple error, me cargaria ser fans de una persona soberbia como tu… desde chile

131. Jacob J on May 21, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Hey Mike. Would you guys consider touring with more hardcore style bands?. Like UnderOath and stuff like that. I think they could be really cool on Projekt Rev. Like how you guys brought up Chiodos on tour with you guys a couple of years ago. It would be nice. Escape the Fate(Craig Mabbit is a big fan of you guys from what i heard) or what have you.

132. David on May 21, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Hey Mike I am from India you guys have never been here though you do have a HUGE fan following here please consider India in you upcoming tours i would kill to see you and LP on stage🙂

I think as one of the guys commented an FAQ section could be good. And keep us updated🙂. I would really love some advice on how i can improve my sketching techniques (i prefer sketching with pencil shading over paints)

I think you’re the best band undoubtedly ever made and are a legendary group.. if not then you will be in the future.
    I personally LOVE your sense of humor n ppl shud reli quit complaining. In fact I idolize u a lot in terms of making music, and drawing/painting/sketching etc.

133. Helio on May 21, 2010 at 2:12 pm

every time we get asked. thanks for your help hahaha fun😀

134. __--samuel--__ on May 21, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Hi Mike Shinoda come to Argentina with linkin park would be great

135. kathyara on May 21, 2010 at 2:10 pm

cool, you answer questions! I also have a good, if you can answer right now I’m grateful ‘you (the band) come to BRAZIL this year?
    adoro vcs !!!

136. CAV on May 21, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Nice, I wish I could listen to any of those mixes =P
    Is there any chance they might come out in LPU10? That would be awesome.

The game looks great, I wish I could play it, but I gotta get an iPhone or iPad first =|… I guess I’ll have to wait for a while…

Anyway, I don’t care how much you take making the new album. There is plenty of music I can listen in the meantime, and I still haven’t got bored of LP’s ‘old’ music. So, just make the best album ever, I’ll wait patiently ^_^

137. linkingabo on May 21, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Could you tell us what is up with that White Pegacorn video interview you mentioned months ago?

138. M_Bugashata on May 21, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I want just a small favour…Can you tell us about the new album in percents…Like how much of it is done…Just a percent.

Thanks

139. Oisin017 on May 21, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Nu Metal is what made you guys famous and allowed you to release solo projects with a huge amount of publicity.

I hate the term “Nu Metal” anyway. I just want to hear some Hip-Hop fused with Rock/Metal on the next album. Then again its not my album is it?

140. Nicole on May 21, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Hi mike, Okay I am like 15 years old and i know like a million people who still like nu metal, (even though most of us were like 5 and 6 when ht came out), so why do u think that no one likes he genre anymore? I think that nu metal is like 1000000 times better then any of the other music on the radio. I just hope that u guys wont forget about the ht days, because me and my friends have not.

141. Cystlib on May 21, 2010 at 1:31 pm

I have that weird feeling that the new album is gonna fuse progressive rock with some distorted guitar, hiphop and techno. Chester mentionned that the album will be heavy without metal. Maybe he’s referring to (post-)grunge? At least I think we will see very few or maybe no screaming/grunting. I personnaly would like to see some post-rock and/or (post-)hardcore influences (but I guess we won’t). In my opinion, lockjaw had a bit of a post-rock feeling. Am I getting close?

142. Aud on May 21, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Have you heard of Super Art Fight? You should see if you can do one, I bet you’d be great at it! http://www.superartfight.com/about/

143. Lílian Rachel on May 21, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I like the year 2050 … for me the cd will be welcome in any year!
    Did you know that I love your sense of humor?
    And I think those nice “cut” you give us fans inconvenience!

Although, a fan is a fan right?

I’m letting the team you work in peace. For all I know, will you do the best for everyone!

But … You are considering 2012 as the world’s end? Think about it, Mike…

LOL

Linkisses

144. Jacob M. on May 21, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Hey Mike,

What is your personal favorite song to perform live?

145. Kristen Doherty on May 21, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I hope I make it till 2050…I will be 80 years old..lol

146. Kyo on May 21, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Hi Mike
    why do you hate the Nu Metal???
    all of you guys are famous thanks to the nu metal, if you don’t like it, you shouldn’t do hybrid theory and meteora
    by the way the song with cypress hill is awesome
    and you should work with ross robinson, in my opinion he is a better producer that rick rubin

147. Zermi on May 21, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Mike, you make me cry😦

148. D-Day on May 21, 2010 at 11:36 am

This was a nice win ^_^

149. Moridin on May 21, 2010 at 11:24 am

Anyone wanting Nu Metal should just pick up a guitar and write it themselves. Stop expecting other people to do it for you.

Test mixing eh? That would mean you’re pretty close to the end of the writing if not already right? ………

150. Finis on May 21, 2010 at 11:12 am

When will be released the new album?

151. Tami on May 21, 2010 at 10:53 am

Mike… Brazil loves you… Please come back with LP to here… we miss you so much.. everybody just loved LP’s show in 2004 and we wanna see LP again, right here, in 2010.. please i beg you come to Brazil…. I love Linkin Park since 2003 …. thank you for your understanding, kindly Tami!

152. Milton S on May 21, 2010 at 10:49 am

Really?!!Seriously people STOP ASKING when the CD will come out. its frustrating and annoying when 95% of every comment is about when will the release date be.
    It will come out when its ready. Until then just enjoy the numerous releases Linkin Park has already made.

FYI…”8-bit rebellion” =Awesome Art+ Awesome Game play. a MUST HAVE.

153. Jack on May 21, 2010 at 10:31 am

What does the new stuff sound like? Is it continuing the sound of mtm or have you taken a completely different approach entirely?

154. DL on May 21, 2010 at 10:16 am

when we can hear the new album?

155. Mariana Durski on May 21, 2010 at 10:13 am

Mikee, I’m your fan since 2003,
    when are you going to come back to Brazil?
    Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, come to Brazil!
    And when the new album will be ready?

sorry for my bad english, Love you and Linkin Park!
    waiting for you guys.

156. danii on May 21, 2010 at 10:04 am

mike! pierdo mi tiempo escribiendo en español? ojala no sea asi, espero alguna vez hayas hecho el intento de entender español como yo intento entender ingles xD mm eso fue confuso jajaja. En fin Mike saludos y buena suerte en todo
    saludos desde Chile!!
    PD: espero que sepas que chile es un pais y no una comida xD

157. Karkolo on May 21, 2010 at 9:42 am

i love lp and the nwe songs but i prefer the old lp aas millions of other people… we can do anything just for lp to go back to its good old style plz mike i just want to hear u rapping chester singing and screaming from time to time and brad with his distortion on please dude im starting to think that lp had a choice of MONEY or MUSIC and they went for MONEY… PLEASE PROVE THAT IM WRONG!!!!!!!

158. Stephen on May 21, 2010 at 9:35 am

Hey Mike, Waitin Desperately 4 Ur Songs. Wen R U Gonna Release Ur Songs? Pleaz Hear our Prayers…

159. Maryz on May 21, 2010 at 9:33 am

Hi Mike:
    I do not speak much English I hope you understand me.

why motivates you to do something?: music, painting, design and more.
    I love your tennis.

greetings.
    Marisela / Mexico

160. Michelle on May 21, 2010 at 9:17 am

No offence to international fans but damn do they take things too seriously. Yay for sarcasm! And the truth veiled as sarcasm! Anywhoo…

161. n.y shinoda on May 21, 2010 at 9:14 am

and mike d´ont cut your hair you look beutiful
    good luck

162. n.y shinoda on May 21, 2010 at 8:59 am

i will wait.because teh real fans will wait
    is hard the see all the sumers festival and linkin park is not there
    but we will survive

163. zuzabr. on May 21, 2010 at 8:50 am

Miki in my opinion, it is nice that the example is to ensure that both us and you liked this album, and it can really be released in 2050, but understand, you just want to know a date for its release.

164. vickyLP on May 21, 2010 at 8:49 am

i have the same question with maria about 40 comments below… and i was kinda sad about the nu-metal thing…most of us would die to listen to songs similar to HT and meteora…

165. lucas on May 21, 2010 at 8:42 am

hi mike!
    this is not quite agree with this person (I mean what he said LP4ever of NU-METAL)
    but I and many other fans would like to return to NU METAL.
    or at least that the new album is heavier than the last.
    hopefully answer me.

166. Caitlin on May 21, 2010 at 8:40 am

I dunno why but you sound kinda.. angry? ;o
    anyways I agree with the adams ^^

167. vanRoK on May 21, 2010 at 8:38 am

Mike will Linkin Park TOUR THIS SUMMER?

168. Jorge on May 21, 2010 at 8:32 am

Mike, in first place, sorry for my english. We can parcially understand you if you´re so busy working in the album. The fans expectations aren´t bad for us. We are trying to estimulate us for compose a great album, we know that you can do better than your last records. I trust in you, guys.

169. Keyondra on May 21, 2010 at 8:28 am

When will u NOT put the album out? It thought it would work if I ask the question backwards.

170. Sara Bee on May 21, 2010 at 8:21 am

This is so ungrateful of you Mike. I’m very dissapointed…
    But there’s not just one band in the world, right? We have options…

171. Chris McCoy on May 21, 2010 at 8:18 am

Mike, plz don’t let these people that say rude, crude, and uncouth things about the band and the music fraternize you. You all have been doing this for years, and I trust and understand your decisions about the music you make. The best thing about Linkin Park is the evolution, always changing. That is how a band should make music. I love the fact that I can listen to each lp album and love that they sound different from each other. I am so so glad you that you try to make the albums sound different from each other. So plz don’t stop what you are great at, and for the negativity that people put out there. Use it as motivation, to make them say wow this new music is really great. So THANK YOU for the geat music that you have made, and for the music to come.

172. Rob on May 21, 2010 at 8:11 am

2050 seems optimistic to me.

173. Whitney on May 21, 2010 at 7:46 am

Yo Mike, why don’t you include a FAQ section on your blog? Couldn’t hurt, right?

Meanwhile, keep rockin’ and don’t listen to those dopes telling you to cut the hair, you look sexy🙂

174. Alexandra Nofi on May 21, 2010 at 7:40 am

Mike, I am so over people asking about the new album. It’s almost as bad as hassling you for a new Fort Minor album. People are doing it to get a response from you, so, maybe they will stop if you stop responding to it.

The number of people posting comments on your blog seems to have gone down since you started the ustream and LPU chats. I do love being able to have a conversation with you, it’s a lot of fun, but I love this blog a lot, too. It has better news than CNN. I hope people don’t forget about this blog…

I doubt you remember, but, my turtle, Sadie, says: “Thanks for the shout-out last week. I can has krill treats please?”

175. Mario Hernández MarioLPU on May 21, 2010 at 7:15 am

Mike your comments disapoint to all the ppl that support u from 2000 and like us the Nu-Metal, how dare u say that u don’t interesting the nu-metal its hard to us think that u don’t want make more nu-metal, for us you win the fame, for us you’re rich, for us you win prizes for HT and Meteora, and now you give us the back, and forgot the ppl that support u, really mike u disapoint us

PSD: CUT YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!! IT LOOKS LIKE EMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

176. Diego on May 21, 2010 at 7:08 am

M: You’re welcome for the game. And I haven’t had an interest in concentrating on nu metal since about 2005.”

Thanks Mike, thats the answer I was waiting for. People should stop put music in a box. Look over all these genres…

177. Julian on May 21, 2010 at 6:51 am

Mike, I just want to wish you guys all the best, and not rushing on the album.

This year will be a big – and i mean BIG – year for you guys, any special plans for this 10th year anniversary?

178. Widya Rahayu on May 21, 2010 at 6:32 am

Mike, by saying you and LP have been working so hard for this album, my motivation rising up so high that i’m working harder in my drawing. By that i also want to be a better person and fan to you. You’ll see it in my page.

179. Solitary on May 21, 2010 at 6:31 am

nice attempt to stop reading ALBUM RELEASE DATE comments.

i have this feeling that ur actually moving apart slowly.. u tried almost everything with the name of lp.. and now you’re bored and youre wanting a slow-mo life..

the way you look at the audience in your concerts has the *fools* face, I agree and appreciate everything you do because your ideas about life is so true. I’m listening to LP and following it because of the way you see the fans. impressive. i wish i got to know you jsut like the 5 other guys do.

the answers you give to these comments are very fooling. youre the best.

from Turkey

180. SoxmanDan on May 21, 2010 at 6:25 am

You tell’em, Mike! Take your sweet time with the album, the true fans can wait patiently. You guys have been my favorite band from the very first time I heard you in Hybrid Theory, and continue to be my favorite. You guys rock! Keep up the awesome work, don’t forget to respond to the fans that aren’t always asking when the album is coming out, blah blah blah. LP FTW!

181. sabrina on May 21, 2010 at 6:10 am

hey mike

to be honest with you i dont care when you publish the new album xD
    i have enough trust in you to know that you will someday maybe let the album come out and i know that it will be great so take your time :)^^
    And till that day i listen to GBC :DDDDD

182. jayjay2b on May 21, 2010 at 6:03 am

Hey Mike!! I just want to say that 8-bit is really cool!!
    Also the last pictures from the studio,
    and I want to know more about your art, you think you will make others works
    soon?? I’ve really liked Glorious excess!! And about Fort Minor, or about others projects what could you say to us??
    Thanks!! Bye😉

183. Alessandro on May 21, 2010 at 5:29 am

hey hello Mike, I’m looking forward to the release of the new CD … but I know perfectly well you’re doing a great job, so I wait in expectation of something new as you are known to do (and I appreciate much for that) I wish you luck for this new album [you deserve much;)] Hello Mike, good job (one last thing … please say hello to Brad by Alessandro, thanks: D

184. Daniele Rodrigues on May 21, 2010 at 5:25 am

Yes, Mike! In 2050 I am 71 years old and I am sure I will excited for the new album yet, but is a pity you will be in your eighties. And I think you will not able to jump anymore.. or listen things at least. Ha!!
    But, I have to inform you: the 2012 is coming, and if you believe in maya calendar, we will die.

185. TheGlueLpFan on May 21, 2010 at 5:11 am

Well I’m not rushing you guys…I’m dying to hear the new album just like the others but I do realise that pressuring you and asking you in every single post when it’s coming out is just not going to work.I know I’d be really annoyed if I were you.So thanks anyway for spending some time answering comments:)

186. Paul on May 21, 2010 at 4:52 am

tours on the Philippines after the release of the new album?

187. Jenji-The-Snail on May 21, 2010 at 4:49 am

Children, please stop squealing and be patient…

Mike, the rest of the band and yourself should just take your time editing the album🙂 I know it’ll be worth it!

188. Misi on May 21, 2010 at 4:34 am

i can’t believe what stupid questions are posted here
    be more civilized !

and mike : have fun mixing🙂

189. swati LP on May 21, 2010 at 4:33 am

1) We’ve decided to push the album back one day for every time we get asked “when is the album coming out.” ————– THAT’S RUDE MIKE :X We fans NEED an update & that’s y we keep asking.. & moreover, the name of the album is still not decided..😐
    2) And I haven’t had an interest in concentrating on nu metal since about 2005. ——————— NOOOOOOO …. MIKEYYYYYY … I NEED TO TELL U THIS……. MOST OF THE FANS R INTERESTED IN YOUR NU-METAL MUSIC … unlike M2M…
    PS: I don’t mean to say that M2M ain’t good enough… but I just need more of the “LINKIN PARK” quality music WHICH IS NU METAL….
    LOVE from the whole of India🙂🙂

190. Alexander on May 21, 2010 at 4:32 am

I just cant wait for the album.
    Cant wait to hear it, just take your time, i just hope that it will be finish by the end of this year, but you know, take your time to what you do best.

191. Ryan Stevenson on May 21, 2010 at 4:31 am

why is everyone over reacting.. jeeze. making an album just doesnt happen just like that *clicks* (LOL). anyways.. its probably coming out end of this year. just give them time. they have been doing a lot and working so the least we can do is not saying stupid comments.

192. Ayesha on May 21, 2010 at 4:19 am

will LP be performing in india????

193. pepper on May 21, 2010 at 3:59 am

lol 2050, people only ask about the album so much because they love the music and can’t wait to get more of it! Take all the time you guys need, make it amazing!

LOL @ nu metal comment, these posts are so funny I love it😄

194. lparcshinoda on May 21, 2010 at 3:36 am

You crack me up, lil’ buddy [cit]

195. shan1105 on May 21, 2010 at 3:05 am

What about project revolution? When are you guys going to do that again, it is always such an awesome production.

196. Jeovanni Nembhard on May 21, 2010 at 2:59 am

That’s cool Mike.

197. Lycon on May 21, 2010 at 2:57 am

😆 You picked the nastiest comment to answer. And I can’t find it anywhere in any post. PS – Hope you won’t sue me😈 And remember the name➡ LYCON.😎

198. Sunrise_Ashes on May 21, 2010 at 2:46 am

Ha ha ha, imagine a concert with all the original fans in 2050. It’d be like a bunch of OAPs leaning on each other with their walking sticks and the like. And I would be 59 when the album came out. Hopefully my hearing wouldn’t be too impaired so I could enjoy it …

Anyway, thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to respond to some of the comments being left on your blog. Some people are way too impatient and should consider themselves lucky that you’re even making another album and actually letting us know about how it’s going.

Thanks again for the update!

199. Linkin_Theorist on May 21, 2010 at 2:20 am

Michael Kenji Shinoda, you almost scared the crap out of me with that “album ahould be released sometime in 2050” stuff. LMAO Seriously, with all of those comments about when you guys will be releasing the album, it should be like the 25th century. If not the 31th if we’d count the comments not just from here, but the whole LPN.
    I am waiting for more studio updates like everyone else, not complaining just…don’t take TOO MUCH time.

200. Frannie on May 21, 2010 at 2:04 am

Oh come on! If the album comes out on 2050 you’re like—–73 years old! I don’t think you can listen to your mixes very well. And I was like 65 years old! It’s ok I can wait.

201. Valery on May 21, 2010 at 1:59 am

As you wrote, quality is more important, than release date
    I consider that it will be better, if you, guys, will work more, but fans will receive what they so want. Right?..
    LP 4ever=)

202. Josh on May 21, 2010 at 1:57 am

Pretty snotty responses in my opinion. That’s why I wouldn’t want to meet LP, I adore their music and I wouldn’t want their personalities to ruin my years of appreciation. For example, Mike complains when fans make comments limited to “your awesome” but they are just sharing the love and we are not obliged to worship the “celebrities” like we are to worship the god send that is the music of LP❤

203. Margherita on May 21, 2010 at 1:27 am

Hello Mike, thanks for always choose to respond to your fans, not everyone would do and why we’re lucky.
    For this reason I try your luck this summer asking if you guys have in mind some extra study program (concerts, public events, exhibitions etc.)

204. Orion Wong on May 21, 2010 at 1:24 am

Mike, do you have a gun at home? becoz i heard that many american civilians have guns. And you’re legal to own, carry or conceal them. Is that true?

205. Jen88 on May 21, 2010 at 12:32 am

Mike Shinoda…you are a legend, mate. =]

All the best with the mixing!

206. Terry X on May 21, 2010 at 12:07 am

Hey Mike, will Linkin Park be doing a song for the upcoming Transformers 3 movie? Since you’ve worked on Revenge of the Fallen soundtrack and it was a great hit, I hope you guys do but then I’m guessing you guys will be too busy in the studios/touring/promoting the new album.

207. adaminator1 on May 21, 2010 at 12:03 am

HAHAHHA. I lol’d. No, we aren’t the same people; But it’s still hilarious, the fact that two people with (almost) the same username agreed with each other. I just hope the embedding stops😀

Also, can’t wait to hear the new album. It’ll be interesting to hear your new sound, you seem to have one with every album– which is, you know, wicked.

208. Danny Plant on May 20, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Hi Mike sorry for remember you this, but i written you 3 days ago i asking you about a song, if you can listen it, only that, just listen it, please Mike i dont wanna make you uncomfortable with this comment
    well… good nite and take care
    bye

ATTE .
    Daniel Plant

209. keineAhnung on May 20, 2010 at 11:45 pm

2050??? ROFL…if there’s going to be a promo tour for that album the fans will be using walking sticks already…ROFLMAO…that’s going to be a fun concert, thousands of old people standing around complaining about the loud music and shaking their fists in the air because security tried to take their walking sticks from them (you never know who they’d hit with it ;))

@reconcentrate: wow, so you are able to do multitasking and your day consists of more than just those 2-3 mins we see on lptv!?!? O.O please don’t tell me it’s got 24h (and 7 days a week!) and you can concentrate on the game AND music “at the same time” that would be a real shock!!!😉

210. RedPearl on May 20, 2010 at 11:26 pm

ok! see u in 2050 ,if the world dose’n end in 2012!

Until the day, take care!

hehe:)

211. Dori on May 20, 2010 at 11:16 pm

I liken people asking about the new album to people chanting the bands’ name and/or screaming BEFORE the house lights even go down… IT WILL NOT MAKE THE BAND COME OUT ANY QUICKER, SO SHUT THE HELL UP!!! haha (my apologies if I’ve offended anyone with my comment)

212. MargaretPyrekPolandFan on May 20, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Hm… Mike but in 2012 will be end of the world (I’m just joking).

Folks :)! We must to be patient ! Album can be come out even tomorow and be bad (don’t be bad Mike, it’s just a example). But it can come out in December (or in antother month , even in 2050 ;)) and be really good ! Maby awsome😉

I know what Mike feels. I don’t like when somebody says me “Huryy up” , “When you finish ?!” or something like that. It really peevs me !

So have a nice day guys🙂

Greetings from Poland .

213. doubting_thomas on May 20, 2010 at 10:49 pm

all this “when will it be out?”, “hurry up” stuff is childish

a rushed album would be a substandard album.

every time the date gets pushed back, i become more optimistic about the results.

i’ve been in that situation. i did sound design for a fanfilm, and the director was more interested in meeting his release date than he was in producing a quality film. particularly silly when it’s a fanfilm, and the release is online, and it can be whenever you want. i wasn’t able to finish my work on the project, and that sucks, if you actually care about the outcome.

if you want a band who can crank out an album every year or 2 like clockwork, find another band.

214. Kelmain on May 20, 2010 at 10:47 pm

Hey Mike,

Its nice from you to spend your time answering a bunch of weird questions from your fans. So thank you for doing so🙂

First of all id likr to appilogize for my dull english skills. And also for my typing as Im writing from my phone :p

So now, if I can, id like to ask you some questions here, as I dont know where’s the right place to do that:

1: About the new songs… Will we see Chester and you cooperating together again? One of the great things about you guys is that chester and you combined frankly well. Sadly, that was the only weak point of MtM. Im glad to see a glimpse of it in blackbirds but you can do better. I loved songs like “a place for my head” were you could hear chester repeating sick sick sick as you singed your part (im sick fron the…)

Second: Your new sound is amazing. I sincerly like it because you can listen to any of mtm songs for 100 times andbit will always surprise you with new musical details. Will you combinate this new style with question #1?

Third: thank you for coming to madrid last time. I also went to berlin to see you again. Buy it felt too different.. German dudes were much more relaxed while in spain i think that spanish fans were just euphoric 90% of the time. You probably dont remember it but ehat did you think about us (spanish folks)

and fourth: tell me your very favourite song🙂

thanks for your tine mike. Keep the good work with your music and stay away from things that “dont feel like home”🙂

215. EvoOba on May 20, 2010 at 10:24 pm

So I’m guessing you hadn’t updated your blog since ages because you’re working so hard on the new album…That’s cool🙂 I remember explaining to us the mixing in couples idea the other day on ustream…Well concidering that you are the greatest producer I think you’re gonna win😀 Oh and a question: I heard that the Chili Peppers are going back to the studio in June and the producer is Rick Rubin. Is that going to affect your work?

216. Olla Chaz on May 20, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Thank God I never asked “when is the album coming out” (And no, Mike. What I write in this comment doesn’t count, dude! ;))

Honestly, I hope there will really be a Linkin Park record coming out in 2050 (Not the 4th studio album though!). I’ll be a rocking middle-aged woman listening to Linkin Park, and my grandchildren will be like, “My grandmom rocks!!”

Yeah, that will be awesome.🙂

217. Miftahgeek on May 20, 2010 at 10:01 pm

I waiting for your next album Mike!! Fort Minor n Linkin Park of course😀

218. Gabriel on May 20, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Ehy mike I think you are the best, from Venezuela you Are come here pleeeaseeee

P.S. my english is bad =p

219. suffey on May 20, 2010 at 9:46 pm

hey mike, hope LP can made a blu-ray or hd-dvd of LP’s music videos on high def since HT til today =D

220. habit_brakergirl on May 20, 2010 at 9:36 pm

We have to understand that slowly traslate to better music…the album is gonna worth the time of waiting as always🙂

221. SusieQ on May 20, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Okay, this comment is directed to Zah: “GREAT going! Now we have to wait until 2050 for their new album! *throws a cyber pillow at her/him & mumbles incoherently to herself*.

Thanks for the semi-updates Mike! Love your sense of humor!🙂

P.S. Would you mind terribly if the balloons in NRG Studio aka Bat Cave had faces drawn on it? Much like the 8-Bit Rebellion avatars? True inspiration?🙂

222. Illara on May 20, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Haha! Mike, your response to comments never failed to amuse me.

Have a wonderful day guys.

223. RV on May 20, 2010 at 9:31 pm

[[______Hey Mike, lately, mikeshinoda.com has been a little boring. I’m here daily on my free time and I have to say nothing excited has happen till today. I enjoy when you answer our questions. Very interesting. You should do this more often. BTW, finally spam will stop (hopefully). I was tired of hearing that dude over and over again._______]]

224. Ana B. on May 20, 2010 at 9:27 pm

No time?😦 we loved the lpu photojournal and I’m sure mark is filming some stuff for the making of (YOUR NEW ALBUM)🙂

are you going to design the new album??

225. abby on May 20, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Adam and Adaminator! hahaha!

oh well good luck on choosing the mixes! we’re still waiting for the album……40 more years??? hahaha!

226. Andrew on May 20, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Man i’m noticing you chose a lot of negative questions to answer. Take your time with the next album, I’m sure it’ll be great. now for a question not pertaining to your music: What is the likelihood that you’ll ever have an art show more toward the Midwest? or at least semi-close to it? I would love to see your work first hand but the chances of me going to LA = very slim xD

227. EpicLinkinPark on May 20, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Haha, Will you come to our City Mike? LOL. I am just KIDDING. Anyways good to hear from you. Hope you liked the Laker game it was awesome. Hope you can come to LPU or UStream tonight. :]

228. SMW on May 20, 2010 at 9:07 pm

“We’ve decided to push the album back one day for every time we get asked ‘when is the album coming out.’ So, based on the comments here on mikeshinoda.com alone, it looks like it will be out sometime in 2050. Thanks for your help.”

That made me laugh so loud that I woke up my cat and now she’s glaring at me. Thanks for that. . .

229. J on May 20, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Pfft. Just forget about LP and FM and create the Mike Shinoda Experience. We’ll all be happy with that.

230. chris banisch on May 20, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Hey mike do you know anything about GBC’s new album

231. rafaeldk_from_paracetalol.ro on May 20, 2010 at 9:04 pm

lol @ the first part
    and can’t wait for another studio update! xD

232. lpfmfan on May 20, 2010 at 9:03 pm

LOL, alright so what do we talk about now? Ummm can’t wait for 8-Bit Rebellion updates :] :p

And I agree with the Adam people those comments are annoying! You’ll see a thread about it in the LPUMB if you ever visit there, that is…lolz.

Good luck with the mixing :]

233. kelly on May 20, 2010 at 9:03 pm

haha seriously mike one time i went on your blog and then some cover started playing before i had heard blackbirds and i thought… is mike REALLY sick!?!!??! also thanks a lot i will be 60 when it comes out

234. Maria on May 20, 2010 at 9:02 pm

So you’re not working on the album? cause Chester’s been in AZ for a long time now…. I’m assuming vocals with him are done???

235. KATHYxx on May 20, 2010 at 9:01 pm

If you count how many times the same person asks when teh album should be out, you should actually release the CD around the year 2355.

Also, the embeds really suck. I can’t wait for the ability to punch people over TCP-IP so I can browse the web without fear of autostarting applets.