Responses To Comments

July 6, 2010

As we enter the “finishing mode” on our album, things are getting exciting.  I paused amidst the madness to answer some questions and musings here in the comments on ms.com.

bljdavidson – “Hi Mike, are you going to let the LPUnderground members here the new single or at least a snippit from it? Il c u in manchester 4th xD”

M: I don’t know if LPUnderground will have a chance to hear new music before anyone else yet…but we will continue to do all the stuff we’ve been doing (live chats with the band, presales, exclusive videos, etc.)

VIVA LA LPU

///

Andrew Schwartzmeyer – “From a web developer, don’t force people to register with WordPress to comment. Requiring an email plus using the Akismet spam filter is more than good enough. It just hassles the rest of us”

M: I’m checking with the web peeps on this.  As you guys know (I’ve seen your comments about it), there has been a growing amount of spam here on ms.com.  As we near the release of the 1st single from the new album, traffic is growing, and we wanted to do something to put the spam in check a bit.  So this is the quick-fix.  We’ll look into other solutions for ya.

///

jessietxo – “’On August the 2nd, 1939 Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd write a letter to Franklin D. Roosevelt, urging him to begin the Manhattan project to develop a nuclear weapon’ Coincidence? I think not.”

-and-

LincolnParc – “Famous quote by J Oppenheimer / Bhagavad Gita:
“If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one.” and “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” Note the Thousand Suns. My guess is, as Darkstryder said is that the new hints are references to J Oppenheimer, as he was referred to as the catalyst of theoretical physics and is seen quoting a thousand suns.  Nukes. This can only mean an antiwar political concept album. Maybe a rebellion anthem like Smells like Teen Spirit.  So now my prediction is the next hint / song name or what ever I’d gonna be “Destroyer of Worlds”

M: …Or maybe it’s a sci-fi love story.  Or maybe it’s a fantasy novel about two lonely aliens from Uranus (heh) who find that the only way to stop an evil superpower from destroying the universe is to create the first vuvuzela-powered lazer beam.  I think these are all equally plausible conclusions.  Actually, mine are more plausible.

///

Renji – “http://i45.tinypic.com/nlwpci.jpg I want to play a game…”

M: I don’t know if you created this, or if it’s an actual picture.  That’s actually what I looked like as a child.

1. Kristiina on November 17, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Hi, Mike🙂

I was wondering, if LP is planning to come on tour in Scandinavian countries? If u got any information on that, please let us know =)

K.

2. rickynash on November 14, 2010 at 4:12 pm

must say mike, you inspire me, iv been starting to cover some rap songs and try to perform it into my own version. but i think the only thing that i find hard is to write my own songs, i wonderd if you can give me any advice. thanks

3. bixuba on July 14, 2010 at 6:23 am

Hi mike, I’m from Brazil and i wanna know when LP comes here?
    ]

4. bigbadxandro on July 11, 2010 at 5:44 am

hahahaha!

5. rioichi4 on July 10, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Hey Mike so I had a question. Have you ever thought about fan art as album art? The new contest “featuring you” thing is great for those who are musically talented, but what about those who are talented… differently? J/w.
    Thanks,
    Your greatest fan🙂

6. kjdrag1 on July 10, 2010 at 4:31 pm

wow SHUGAHCOLBY, really? don’t you dare question my love for Linkin Park’s music. They are indeed my favorite band and even if they did come out with an entire anti-war album, i would still love them the same, nothing can compare to their music. I am simply doing exactly what you said was acceptable in your comment, I am giving feedback and saying, as a fan, what i like and don’t like. Do you want me to be more specific? Mike, I love every single song that you have ever released, from the EP to MTM to beyond, you guys are THE best band in the history of music, i dislike the idea of politics in your music. This is feedback, not spam. get your head on straight shugahcolby.

7. shinnizel1993 on July 10, 2010 at 2:36 am

M SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this for years now……… I’m sure its gonna b gr8, the title is fresh & something that i’ve never heard b4…… cant wait…….

8. ammya on July 9, 2010 at 3:58 pm

hahahahaa lolx

9. deryya on July 8, 2010 at 11:59 pm

the last one is the awesomest! and the third one is just some paranoid people that have nothing better to do than make up stories… anyways i hope your new album is a success!! and its released on my birthday!! thanks for the present😀

10. hellenia on July 8, 2010 at 2:14 pm

the last one… so hilarious… mike u got the greatest sense of humour i’ve ever seen in a man…

Keep it going…. And oh something else……
    Come to GREECE!!!🙂

11. uniqueloser on July 8, 2010 at 11:31 am

Viva la vuvuzela!

12. ikinekonata on July 8, 2010 at 4:27 am

こんにちはマイクさん!お元気ですか?
    good luck always!

13. hesht on July 8, 2010 at 3:58 am

Q1.
    Hey Mike. Just something I was confused about in one of your previous responses. You said you disliked the term “Nu Metal” in one of your previous answers, and I was just wondering myself which genre you would categorise Linkin Park as being in? I understand if you don’t want the band to be pidgeon-holed into one specific genre, but then are there multiple genres you would say the band is in?

Q2
    http://hesht.deviantart.com/gallery/#Songs On a scale from 1 to bad, where would you rate these? (I will allow going over the scale if they truly are THAT bad)

14. heightjournal on July 7, 2010 at 11:01 pm

LINKIN PARK !! WOOHOOOOOO !!! THEYRE BACK !!! YEAH !!

15. souneik on July 7, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Renji just made it on my top favorite people list for having a an actual funny bone. Renji just made it on my top creepy people list for the questioning origin of the the theme. Shinoda just made it on my big meanie head list for not watching the video I linked.

16. redgreeklegend on July 7, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Mike, the magic in Vuvuzela is its naturalness…Check below

17. bljdavidson on July 7, 2010 at 11:59 am

yo mike, when u say *Finishing Mode”, what does this exactly involve?

to the fans:

i remember chester sayin in an article tht the new album is going to be a concept album which basically means tht the album is going to have some sort of story or theme to it. now with the titles “a thousand suns” and “the catalyst” i recon tht the album is going to be mainly about love that has had some sort of reaction to their lives and it makes them feel like they dont belong on earth or somethin… this is jst a thought, time will tell😀.

18. orionwong on July 7, 2010 at 6:02 am

Well Mike, I dun care if LP’s album is going to involve politics. I juz think that…It sounds really exciting for me!xD haha, maybe i dun know what are the consequences of this. But i think that would be cool. Anyway thats not important, the point is Art! Just keep writing your true feelings mike! we support you! no matter is that against the politics or not! You always write meaningful lyrics!=D And BTW, i’m wondering what is the definition of “spam”?

19. dianalpfan on July 7, 2010 at 4:25 am

Hi, Mike!Im waiting for your new album but when i see how u n Chester describe it i become nervous ’cause it seems to be like pop-album..=\ do u want to get rid of your fans in such way?!Lol!Hope your new album won’t remind Lady Gaga,Rihanna or another POP-singers.However,YOU said that pop-music is evil.

20. zzaacc on July 7, 2010 at 4:12 am

naw i didnt get an answer or anything. lol meh, u cant answer em all😀 i like the picture lol possible album art?😛

21. jozzie8 on July 7, 2010 at 4:08 am

I don’t want to read too much into things, but is there a reason Mike why you have been using the 3 dashes (///) for this response post and for the water mark on the last puzzle?

22. dorito82 on July 6, 2010 at 9:35 pm

hey Mike, so you grew hair on your face as a child? Interesting…. Hormones, maybe? C’mon, you can’t fool us!

23. jessietxo on July 6, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Haha this made my day.. and I meant ‘wrote’ lol.

Can’t wait for the album🙂 Except that would mean summer is ending…

24. zoelkg on July 6, 2010 at 3:05 pm

jajaja very funy!!!

hey!!!please !!!guys!!!come to argentina tucuman !!!!!!!!!!
    love you!!!:)

25. ribblake on July 6, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Mike! i miss your lyrics in print segment:/

I have a question about your shoes… are they on sale still… is it still possible to get some? Cuz those kicks are super fresh!

26. whitepegacorn on July 6, 2010 at 1:06 pm

HAHA! That Jigsaw picture + your comment made my day.

27. thesethgarrett on July 6, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I feel special since i was one of the first people to mention Oppenheimer and the trinity tests🙂

28. Julien-K Arg on July 6, 2010 at 12:51 pm

“there has been a growing amount of spam here on ms.com” is true, and is annoying.

so… do you answer to me? jaja

29. frankylp on July 6, 2010 at 11:49 am

Hey.Mike.I was lookin for a thousand suns stuff and i found this
    the second album posted
    it’s a fake version of “A Thousand Suns”.
    however the picture seems to be real.is it.is the picture on it real.
    hey chester is never online.so that means that we will never know .because chaz is never online.

30. zahralp on July 6, 2010 at 11:31 am

hahaha LMAO btw 25 days left till the new single and till i turn 18 lol ! all on the same day …wow! X)😀

31. ilikepir on July 6, 2010 at 11:04 am

I found this the other day while youtubing, dont know if its old but its so damn hilarious. BTW the one who made this is a huge LP fan!!

32. cincybmxlpfreak on July 6, 2010 at 11:04 am

Lol. That pic is funny.

33. chilibilly18 on July 6, 2010 at 10:45 am

another question…what makes this album special :))

34. shugahcolby on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 am

Im sooo excited to find out more about whats going on in the LP camp.. Thanks for keeping us up dated, Mike!

35. imacce on July 6, 2010 at 10:39 am

Hey Michael, I hope you make the new album fantastic!! Like MtM. Please do what you want, guys, but never do what the mainstream wants from you. Please!!

36. kathyxx on July 6, 2010 at 10:39 am

Leave account login in! This is the best thing you’ve done in a while! It’s worth it to login when you have something to say and now the comments wont be buried in crap from people who don’t. (and if I post and I have the ability to edit afterward, then i rather you not change it back because the inability to edit my posts was really bad for me once).

37. euanto on July 6, 2010 at 10:36 am

you funny lol.. but i do have the same question are you going to make the transformers 3 soundtrack? i mean you nailed it with new divide😀

38. shugahcolby on July 6, 2010 at 10:35 am

Wow. There is alot of criticism on here.. People say that they are true LP fans but then they say stuff like this…
    “I really hope it’s not an anti war album, that would be so stupid, hands held high was enough for me, I don’t need politics getting involved with my favorite band,”
    Mike, Chester, Joe, Phoenix, Brad, and Rob write all their music themselves. They work really hard to try to please all their fans, or their “kids”, and knowing they work as hard as they do to make us happy, you all still take what they do and find something wrong with it. They try so hard to please all of you but your never happy with it. Linkin Park is growing. When they started writing their music most of them were in their teens. Now, over ten years later, they are still going strong and still loving what they do. But yet every year you guys get harder and harder on them. I know, they like it when you tell them what you would like to see happen, or tell them what you didnt like and how they can fix it. But if its something that you know has been spamed or just something mean in genneral, why say it?

39. xx1337xx on July 6, 2010 at 10:29 am

Why don’t you guys wear baggy clothes anymore like in 2000. The tight jeans and collar shirts are not as good looking.

40. cookiethug on July 6, 2010 at 10:28 am

Hey Mike, what did you name your baby?

41. fenix2exe on July 6, 2010 at 10:17 am

is so awesome to know you are getting ready to share with us all your effort, progress and work and i can’t be more impatient to hear your new single soon and also i wanted to ask if the blackbirds will be soon available to download in itunes!? i think the vuvuzuela laser beam is coming soon to!!!
    LPrulez!!!

42. Alexandra Nofi on July 6, 2010 at 10:16 am

I actually really like the wordpress account. I’m very anti-spam. This might also cut back on the disrespectful comments that have been left here lately. I don’t get how, you give someone the privilege to comment here, and people show their “gratitude” by insulting the music.

I haven’t been this excited about the new music since What I’ve Done was released. This seems like a very interesting direction to go in. There are anti-war/politics songs out there, some musicians who claim to have anti-war “albums”, but I don’t think it’s been done as an actual concept quite yet. Of course, this is just my plausible assumption😉

43. thegluelpfan on July 6, 2010 at 10:13 am

Glad to see that you still do the responses to comments:)I would like to ask you something-how would you comment on the reviews that have been given by some of the people that heard the new album?From what we’ve heard so far it’s proggy and more electronic sounding…well that’s the sum up.I’d like to hear if those reviews are similar to what you would describe it as.

44. shinodatwin on July 6, 2010 at 10:06 am

Good news about the album, Can’t wait for that. It’s awesome you took the time to answer questions. I thought the “Saw” picture was hilarious. Thanks for taking time to answer our questions, Mike. Take care.

45. chester003 on July 6, 2010 at 10:04 am

awww… i needs answers too…. is linkin park involved in TRANSFORMERS 3? please mike! cant see a response to that!!!😦

46. mickeydoggy on July 6, 2010 at 9:50 am

mike can ride a bike…..cool…..i don’t know how to ride~~i’m afraid of falling down and getting hurt >_<!!

47. kjdrag1 on July 6, 2010 at 9:48 am

I really hope it’s not an anti war album, that would be so stupid, hands held high was enough for me, I don’t need politics getting involved with my favorite band, I understand that most bands a liberal but LP has done a pretty good job of being professionally neutral. They probably are but it would crush me to find out for sure that they are really that liberal. I find bliss In ignorance😉

48. jagta on July 6, 2010 at 9:34 am

I can’t type the words what I felt about the album. I’m so excited! I just can’t hide it!ooohhhhh!…LOL

Ok! I’ll wait.

49. cezar6lp on July 6, 2010 at 9:09 am

hahahaha, really funny the pic.
    Good news about the album =)

If the people of LPU were more discreet, maybe we (LPUers) could hear the single, but if they show us the single, the same day it will be in youtube!

50. mellawyrden on July 6, 2010 at 9:09 am

Sci-Fi love story… I hope!

51. allucha on July 6, 2010 at 8:58 am

I don’t see the HUGE problem with getting us to sign up to wordpress. If there’s something worth saying, we’ll sign up.

Having said that… any significance to the use of ‘///’. =p

Shame about the last LPU chat being extremely incoherent. Maybe next time.

52. ranger111133 on July 6, 2010 at 8:58 am

in Reply to thomasbrablec

Anything that gets posted on LPU is gonna get leaked to the rest of the world…thats probably why the band is deciding not to post singles from the album on the LPU website.

53. slowlearner32 on July 6, 2010 at 8:52 am

Child Mike had whiskers!!!

54. thomasbrablec on July 6, 2010 at 8:45 am

Awww. Come on. The LPU already has too many “advantages” if I can call it that. Let the other fans that don’t have the money to be in the Linkin Park Underground enjoy the new things, even without the things being “exclusive for … only.”

55. bananagabbana on July 6, 2010 at 8:45 am

lmao that photo is hilarious !

56. lisaasimpson on July 6, 2010 at 8:38 am

You are hilarious, pic comment just made my day🙂

57. sagback on July 6, 2010 at 8:34 am

MİKE can you publish new album design or pictures…? did you arrange it again?
    or are they ready? :DD before album come out, you should be online on the lp.com😀 I think why dont the other guys here ? you said ” you have to ask for solving the puzzle to CHESTER…” but he rarely be online on twitter ? !!!

58. jonathanbaotw on July 6, 2010 at 8:24 am

I guess it have something to do with nuclear weapons, explosions, bomb, destroy or WWII somthing like that with the new album.

59. coliinreiid on July 6, 2010 at 8:19 am

Hi Mike. I just thought of a random question and that is. At your live shows, see the footage that we see on the big screens. Do you guys get to take that footage and watch it afterwards while in the tour bus heading to your next destination?

Thanks.

60. blakebeats on July 6, 2010 at 8:19 am

haha. i love the pic. I can’t wait for the new single. I hope it comes out soon.

61. eejhei on July 6, 2010 at 8:17 am

PARAMORE..ATREYU..MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE FOR PROJEKT REV 2011!! THIS GOIN TO BE THE SHIIT!!

62. keineahnung84 on July 6, 2010 at 8:13 am

I would SO love to see those vuvuzela-powered lazers!!!! ROFLMAO
    and that picture of you as a child: wow, I bet it wasn’t easy being the kid with the beard, huh?😉 hope the other kids weren’t too mean!

63. mementomorix on July 6, 2010 at 8:10 am

have you heard of the band Motion City Soundtrack? Well, apart from LP, I really love this band. They’re really good. I want to ask you, if given a chance, would you tour with them or perhaps work with them? It would be amazing to see my 2 favorite bands together!!! : ]

64. rockstarlp on July 6, 2010 at 8:07 am

hahahahaah! omg that pic made my day!!❤ I love it! xD

reply to my comment & you'll make my life perfect!!!

65. squide on July 6, 2010 at 8:05 am

Thanks for that…But you didn’t say something new..
    That’s sad..
    Finishing mode is perfect, but some more words than just that two..please

66. evooba on July 6, 2010 at 8:03 am

Dunno why I had to make a second wordpress account to leave a comment to your blog but anyways xD

Thx for the responses. The “vuvuzela-powered lazer beam” thing and your last answer made me laugh out loud😛

I wanted to ask you this for quite some time now. I would appreciate it if you replied.🙂 What’s actually harder, making a record or trying to name it?

67. kingmmm on July 6, 2010 at 8:01 am

I don’t get it, but is A Thousand Suns the album title and The Catalyst the first single? You didn’t really clarify.

68. shadowbanan on July 6, 2010 at 8:00 am

Mike answer my question please. You can come to Kazakhstan?

69. Smartflight on July 6, 2010 at 7:58 am

That pic is epic! lol😀

Nice to hear you’re getting closer to finishing the album and having a record in your hands!🙂

70. chazy93 on July 6, 2010 at 7:57 am

Hahah Renji😄

71. Linkin Theorist on July 6, 2010 at 7:56 am

I’m more down for other solutions. But this is better than spams on your blog.
    The picture is damn epic ^^ Yeah, long live LPU😀 Can’t wait for a new LPU chat😀

72. David Wood on July 6, 2010 at 7:55 am

Hey Mike, are you doing more rapping like Hybrid Theory and Meteora? Minutes to Midnight was kinda disappointing for me without it. Your rapping isn’t like all the garbage that’s out there, it’s artistic, and more like poetry.🙂

73. todraw on July 6, 2010 at 7:53 am

Hi mike the last one with the pic epic.^^ Thx for takin your time for answering the questions.🙂
    Btw would be nice if u could check that out:http://todraw.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/linkin-park-road-to-revoulution-desktop-background/

a few wallpaper i created with the concept of road to rev.

74. kelly jean on July 6, 2010 at 7:49 am

haha i love the pic, i’m so excited, something new in less than a month🙂