LP Featuring You-Responses

July 11, 2010

There are already a lot of great ideas for the “Linkin Park Featuring You” contest.  We’re also seeing a lot of common questions and comments.  Here are some answers:

1. “Why are entries from my country / age group not eligible?”

If it was up to my bandmates and me, everyone in the world would be able to compete.  But due to MySpace / WBR rules and some other legal stuff they were concerned about, it’s not possible.  We are bummed about that.  But the good news is: nothing is stopping you from making a song anyway.  If your song is good, the band (and everyone else) will probably hear it; you may not win the contest, but you can still be well-known for being awesome.

2. I want more audio stems to make my thing!

Sorry!  The point of the challenge here is to make something out of these limited parts.  The tracks you’ve been given are only a fraction of the song.  If you can make something original and great out of those, you have a good chance of winning.  If you want more stems because you want to put together something that sounds like a full Linkin Park song, you’re missing the point…we’ve already got one of those: it’s called The Catalyst, and it comes out August 2nd.

3. Why did you choose MySpace, and not my other favorite site?

As many of you know, MySpace is a great home base for musicians and bands.  More often than not, when I hear of an unsigned, aspiring group, they direct me to their MySpace page.  So if you don’t have a MySpace page account and page, simply make one so you’re eligible.

4. Who is judging the contest?

The band has the final say.  But we aren’t going to be able to listen to all of the mixes…so if you want to be heard, you’ll have to promote it.  And that doesn’t mean spamming here and Linkin Park.com.  Spread the word EVERYWHERE, so more people, especially people outside our networks, hear your mix and vote for it (if they like it).  A song/mix with a lot of traffic is sure to get our attention.

1. yungp on August 1, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Hey Mike, I only had those past two days to work on that remix and i just wanted to know what you think about it.
    By the way I used Fl studio for the remix.

2. spacevolt on July 26, 2010 at 1:01 am

Hi Mike,

Wondering if you were still looking at submissions. Here is mine any feedback is appreciated! I hope Rob at least likes it. Very drum heavy! Thank you!

The Catalyst (percussion nightmare mix)

3. markusstorm on July 23, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I was working very very hard on a remix too with a singer. I know is against the rules to have a singer, but we don’t care of the contest, we just want people to hear our -different- kind of music, and if you, Mike, could see it, that could be my whole musical life-time dream realized, not kidding.
    NOTICE: this song is not even in the contest page.
    (sorry for the double post, but i was in the wrong thread before).

4. tha1whotrevs on July 22, 2010 at 12:54 pm

man, i guess HEADSPULP kinda wins this thread for getting his Soundcloud to autoplay.

anyway, here’s my instrumental hip-hop version:

and of course you can voooote here: http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/24597

5. frequentc on July 22, 2010 at 2:41 am

6. highlandpark1999 on July 20, 2010 at 2:09 am

Hey Mike, Here is the translation to
    Ekrem Jevric – Kuca poso [Translated by stefanmetodijev]
    “Here I am, living in NYC, living, working, and only working…
    Home, work, work, home, that’s what I know, don’t know anything, and how would I know (2x)
    Home, work, work, home, that’s what I know…

Oh, NY, killed by the darkness, when you allowed to be ruled by women, inside you is a dog next to a dog, concrete next to concrete,
    through streets women a batalion (2x)”

Home, work, work, home, home, work, work, home,
    that’s what I know, don’t know anything, and how would I know…

Home, work, work, home, home, work, work, home,
    that’s what I know…

7. alexlp2k8 on July 20, 2010 at 1:16 am

No rules can stop me from having fun.
    What do you think about this?

8. phoenix1982 on July 19, 2010 at 1:36 pm

here is my mix
    PLEASE EVERYONE: VOTE, VOTE, VOTE !!!!!!

9. airploy on July 19, 2010 at 2:13 am

This is my remix ^^

10. ptto911 on July 18, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Please listen to my remix, leave feedback, and if you like it, vote! I’m sure you will like it: http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/22735
    Spread the word!

11. redefenition on July 18, 2010 at 10:28 am

Hey just finished my version of the catalyst, take a listen and tell me what you think, if you like it spread the word🙂

12. entraik on July 18, 2010 at 9:46 am

mine has violins and strings.. and all .. really fresh and unique. check it out🙂

13. adichim on July 17, 2010 at 11:03 pm

14. linkinhybrid on July 16, 2010 at 1:35 pm

hey mike ,plz watch and vote🙂 i love you … LP for ever😀 big part of my life … see you in october . bye thanks

15. fabienlp72 on July 16, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Hey Mike check out my remix😉

This os my first remix so, that’s why it’s short (2:50)
    Hope you like it !

Thanks Mike and keep doing what you do !😉

16. svstels on July 16, 2010 at 7:28 am

Check out my mix =)
    Real guitar, awesome drums, fast and funny =)))

17. venomous26 on July 15, 2010 at 2:52 pm

18. exthrill on July 14, 2010 at 12:13 pm

hey wahts up ? check out my mix for the catalyst and please vote🙂

19. unleaver on July 14, 2010 at 8:49 am

Hi, Im Oldschool LP fan, so I did Reanimation-style remix
    Music video included. My best prize would be the comment from Maestro🙂

20. bigbadxandro on July 13, 2010 at 8:55 pm

ohhhh my God!!

21. guilhermenight on July 13, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Mike, this is my version to The Catalyst.
    I put the credits to my band for the addicional instrumentals (:
    I play the guitar line and write the bass, synth and scratchs on Reason 4.
    I hope you like! I be waiting you here, in Brazil, in October!
    You’re the best, ever.

22. monsterviolence on July 13, 2010 at 2:36 pm

23. epiclinkinpark on July 13, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Hey Mike,
    I think this contest is so cool, thanks again guys for doing a contest like this. I thought I share my version of the remix here Mike. Hope all is well :]

24. momentsofmay on July 13, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Don’t you think that the keyboard bed for The Catalyst reminds the melody of Love Hurts by Incubus PRETTY MUCH??…

25. ramsiege on July 13, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Yo Mike! Hope all is well with you and the guys! I got a question for you not relating to the contest. Will there be a ‘Making of A Thousand Suns’ DVD included in the Best Buy Special Edition of the album? I really enjoyed the ‘Making of Minutes to Midnight’ DVD included on the last album’s Special Edition . It was really interesting seeing you guys as you created the music. Thanks!

26. ahopun on July 13, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Here’s my take on “The Catalyst”. Let me know what you think.

27. kjdrag1 on July 13, 2010 at 10:38 am

Mike, help! the stems downloaded incorrectly and it won’t let me re-download them because you can only do it once. How can I get them?

28. headspulp on July 13, 2010 at 10:38 am

Hi Mike!!
    I hope U will LIKE it. I post it here because I can’t login here…:
    Have FUN:

Cheers.. Headspulp!!

29. defiantqueen on July 13, 2010 at 8:36 am

All these efforts actually waked up some strange feelings. Seems like you’re trying to attract more attention and regain the fans which changed their ways from LP after MTM. you’ve made us wait for nearly 4 years.. If the new album turns out to be like H.I.M aka christian songs, that came to our minds from the lyrics of the catalyst, get ready for a huge loss of fans.. wish you never changed your style. good luck.

30. bradleypalmer on July 13, 2010 at 8:27 am

im having trouble submitting my mix.. i have a myspace already, ive set up my indabamusic account but everytime i use the link given in the “official rules” it tells me to put in a password even though i am already signed into indabamusic

help please? lol am i just being stupid?

31. nogodu28 on July 13, 2010 at 8:12 am

Can we participate on youtube?

32. naralins on July 13, 2010 at 8:12 am

Mike! many little kisses for you love you to heart!

33. shockwavez on July 13, 2010 at 7:57 am

Hey Mike and all the LP fans,
    here is my “Version 1.0” of The Catalyst. Really looking foward to the new Single and Album. Everytime I think about it I get really excited. So hope you all enjoy my version.

34. trinasaurusrex on July 13, 2010 at 7:30 am

Can someone help me, please? I’m still really confused about how we submit our remixes.

35. aycalploverlp on July 13, 2010 at 7:02 am

My Catalyst :

or… if that doesn’t work check out my profile then.🙂

Latest tracks by LPloverLP

have fun!

36. tolmak on July 13, 2010 at 6:59 am

my vyvyzela mix

37. mrmmusictech on July 13, 2010 at 6:15 am

THIS IS A MUST LISTEN.. it has RAPPING!!

38. myaus2j on July 13, 2010 at 6:05 am

Mike, I’ve got a question not about “when you come to my country” or about contest’s rules. I know that you and Chaz are actors now🙂 Film “Dark as Day”, yes🙂 Is it true? when the film will be released? And why you are taxi driver?🙂 thnx

39. vishnu babu on July 13, 2010 at 4:25 am

interesting🙂

40. instereo32 on July 13, 2010 at 1:40 am

Hey guys… I made a kind of rock-version of the song with my band. We added some guitar and bass.. and messed around with the stems. here’s the result:

41. onehitkilla on July 12, 2010 at 10:33 pm

mike I think it goes like this more in your direction

42. faint72 on July 12, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Hey Mike! Just wondering if you have any details on the new album artwork for the single or album? or even when the artwork will be revealed?

43. vishnu babu on July 12, 2010 at 8:39 pm

44. astat2006 on July 12, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Mike, could you clarify something please? I know the rules state that we’re not allowed to use our own vocal parts unless they’re non-lyrical stuff like beatboxing, which I’m assuming is to avoid the issue of dealing with lyrics that were penned by a third party. I’m wondering, would it be okay to add harmonies to the vocal parts that you supplied us with?

45. victoryblvd on July 12, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Here is my remix. I had a hard time making a beat to put around the stems so I just used one of my old ones and basically just adjusted it so it would fit in with the samples. Here is the result.

46. djak1ra on July 12, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Hi Mike (or if anybody else knows for sure), i was wondering if it was mandatory to use ALL the catatlyst stems in our remixes? thanks

47. chazym on July 12, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Hey Mike This Is Our remix ( me and my friend MiND ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oDgRf1DptU&fmt=18 Hope U Like it ^^

48. apaw93 on July 12, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Hey Mike can we send remixed LP songs that don’t feature any of the Catalyst stems? [A.W.]

49. kingjd3 on July 12, 2010 at 3:36 pm

So I totally failed on my first comment. Hah. Here goes:

50. ammya on July 12, 2010 at 3:22 pm

yo no participare pero me gustaria escuchar lo que los demas hacen y correr tambien la voz q es muy buena idea🙂 el dos de agosto ya casi esta cerca y eso me gusta mas (no escribi esto en ingles ya que se me hace dificil al no saber mucho) los amo linkin park!!

51. ellzworth on July 12, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Just from some of the posts alone on this site…. there are some real talented remixers here… nicely done everyone.

52. emaivalp on July 12, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Are you planing to put more toure dates for Europe ? Please say you do.🙂

53. attackthemind on July 12, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Hey, Mike. I would love to participate in the contest but I’m wondering if I have to be eighteen when the remix is submitted or if I was declared the winner, would I have to be eighteen at that time. I will be eighteen before September but not before the end of the contest.

54. zwierz90 on July 12, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I only used vocals and the rest was played by myself. Enjoy:

55. neorevolutions2010 on July 12, 2010 at 1:17 pm

MI VIDEO REMIX

SPAIN IS THE WINNER!!!!

56. linkinparkette on July 12, 2010 at 1:12 pm

i think i am the only not knowing what shes doing -.-

57. frostfuzz on July 12, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Here is mine this isn’t the final version but a good idea of what I am doing

58. lpnumb10 on July 12, 2010 at 12:32 pm

othersider and davecnewton, of the ones I’ve listened to, yours are the best

59. xgan on July 12, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Hey Mike, please don’t be afraid to tell me if you think this is bad. I made it using homemade samples and LMMS and Audacity.

60. daniial on July 12, 2010 at 11:05 am

Mike
    hay algun limite del tiempo de duracion?, me he dedicado a escuchar todos los mix que he podido y algunos son realmente buenos comienzan super bien pero a veces son muy largos y comienzan a repetir lo mismo y pierden gracia
    saludos🙂

61. lerkid on July 12, 2010 at 10:01 am

This is not my remix but mike i just want to let you see this mix Hope you enjoy it mike (:

62. gaganlp on July 12, 2010 at 9:55 am

good luck everyone great remixes

63. davecnewton on July 12, 2010 at 9:43 am

64. sirfrankphoenix on July 12, 2010 at 7:32 am

I’m feel embarrassed showing you my track after listening all those good sounds🙂

65. shockwavez on July 12, 2010 at 7:01 am

Hey Mike..first I want to say that this is a good way to see how the fans are thinking about the new album and the new song.
    For sure I did a mix, too. http://soundcloud.com/ricokuchenbecker/shockwave-the-catalyst
    I would be very proud if you could hear it one time and write your opinion under it. I spend a lot of time for it and it was fun. Still working on it.
    Thank you. Looking forward to the new song and album. Greets from Germany. Will see you in Hamburg!!!

66. curlylp on July 12, 2010 at 6:59 am

Thanks for explain all this. We really appreciate that. We are all excited about this contest (it’s an awesome idea).

67. kraezzeark on July 12, 2010 at 5:48 am

Hey Mike! I was just wondering, I read the contest rules and it says you have to use the provided stems. Does that mean we have to include all of the stems that come with the download? Or can we leave one out? I’ve already started working on it and don’t want to have to restart or make it out of sync.

68. leondismantle on July 12, 2010 at 4:47 am

I’m only 16… is there any chance you could like feature the good remixes on the linkin park website? like make a seperate competition for younger than 18’s? and a simple prize of like… featured on the linkinpark or mike shinoda web site for a day😀 Idk, but anyway could you tell me what you think of my remix please, i spent so much time on it that it would be a shame for nobody to hear it. AND PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK!😀

69. naralins on July 12, 2010 at 4:13 am

Mike! I love you I marry me!😀

70. zahralp on July 12, 2010 at 3:50 am

okay so i’m sticking up to ur first, answer good music is good music it can make fans it can be known and thats alot to make me work on the remix! i’m singing new stuff on it making it sound different from what every ones doing ….not done with it though ,i’ll post it when i’m sure i dont want to do anything else with it ! …..

haha loved the ” new favorite guy ever” thing LOL ,lmao!XD

71. mes1995 on July 12, 2010 at 2:41 am

i want to know is this good?

72. thapoet on July 12, 2010 at 2:20 am

Here is my tryna be awesome with my re-mix! Enjoy world & LP! (“,)

73. slowlearner32 on July 12, 2010 at 12:49 am

How about this one Mike?

74. 0thersider on July 12, 2010 at 12:35 am

Here’s my version of The Catalyst:

i can’t enter the contest but i’m still working on it.

75. emiltayeb on July 12, 2010 at 12:15 am

well Mike me to cant join the c ontest but i want you to hear mine🙂
    i add guitar parts but i quit in the middle it’s no the final version

76. betty108 on July 11, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Woah, the last sentence in my previous comment made absolutely no sense!

77. betty108 on July 11, 2010 at 11:17 pm

I was seriously hoping that Mike would get Rick Roll’d. I would do it myself, but my computer isn’t working.
    Some of these are amazing! I would give it a shot, but I already know what the outcome would be.

78. saberwulf on July 11, 2010 at 11:06 pm

mike you are awesome for answering people and making their days brighter. its awesome that you guys created this contest. it reminds me of the one KORN did with Coming Undone for the Sony Acid a couple of years back. keep it up man, next album you guys should use ross robinson as the producer, just cool as rick rubin

79. lpfmdbs on July 11, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Hey Mike!, I just want to know if the album will be released worldwide on Sept. 14th? Asia is waiting for your album especially here in the Philippines. Please go back here for your 2nd concert tour.

80. mikeandrade52 on July 11, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Hey Mike! Did you watch LeBron’s decision the other day?

81. lycon17 on July 11, 2010 at 10:32 pm

I have a suggestion for you guys….
    I believe its gonna be a concept album right?
    So the songs are part of a story, in that way you can add an excerpt to each song which connects to them…..Excerpts like conversations, research notes, feelings, etc. that seem part of a big unwritten story/novel.
    These can be helpful in strengthning the personality of the songs.
    The better the excerpts, the more epic the songs are going to sound…..
    Tell me what you think about this…
    Love ‘n’ Peace
    Ryuka Lycon
    PS – Forgive me for any cruel words I might’ve said, Best Of Luck for the album release. And I’ll releasing my version before 25th, expect it to be an EPIC studio quality full song.;-)

82. blakapa on July 11, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Am not my mix…Made by Shelm ..Best mix so far ..

83. ratherred on July 11, 2010 at 9:57 pm

84. shinoda194 on July 11, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Mike, I want to say that I forgive you and I know that you have no control over the people who can and cannot participate in this AMAZING contest. About BLACKBIRDS, it needs to be and Itunes single because (btw I have 8br and beat the game):
    -It’s really annoying to have to go in the game just to listen to the song. I want Blackbirds in my LP playlist!
    -The quality of the song is TERRIBLE. An Itunes release would make the song a lot AWESOMER to listen to! It’s been a few months and I say the “exclusivness” should just be you got to listen to the song earlier. PLEASE release it on itunes/get us a better quality of it!

85. vishnu babu on July 11, 2010 at 8:27 pm

86. rockypalos on July 11, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I’m still editing it up. Someone told me it reminded them of the Lovemakers

87. argol8489 on July 11, 2010 at 7:59 pm

It’s great to see more and more remixes …. more videos are on youtube every day … every time … in different web pages … I am surprised and happy to know that this contest is calling much attention to all fans, is how to unify all people who love linkin park … “a thousand suns” is attracting thousands of fans …. many thanks for this great detail … waiting for the new album will be fun and exciting. More success .. mike

88. shelmmusic on July 11, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Rate my remix! not slept all night and recorded..

Used track “Vocal.wav” from the song LP – «The Catalyst». So I used the “Electro Drums.wav”, which was resampled. Everything else recorded and mixed by me. Listen, comment, rate. Thank you all.

89. lp1000suns on July 11, 2010 at 7:36 pm

hi Mike. tell us more about the new sound of the new album, is it more new or is it Hardcore ? I hope its new hardcore.

90. Jay Sensei on July 11, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I tried my best at it being really interesting, i hope you like it!

91. dizzordr on July 11, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Dear TRANSITBOT, VINCEPARKER, and SAINTMADEOFPLASTER
    I love your mixes the best so far. Rock on.
    -D

92. derekoswald on July 11, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Hey Mike, it’s Derek from LPA. I’m gonna try to make my own remix, but in the meantime, LPA is going to start holding a daily spotlight of the best remixes made by our members. It might help you guys find some truly great stuff, and may even help people get votes so you notice it. Check it at http://www.lpassociation.com. Thanks Mike!

93. djmoonx3 on July 11, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Hey mike. So we can add our instruments, right?

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 6:43 pm

PLEASE DO

94. saintmadeofplaster on July 11, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Here’s mine. I decided I’d risk it and go with only using the Outro Drum track to show my own personal style of making music more clearly.

Hope you like it!

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 6:43 pm

So good. Reminds me of a more classical-sounding Faith No More (Epic). Good stuff. Love the bridge section!

95. shrocaeth on July 11, 2010 at 5:39 pm

This is my mix to The Catalyst. It isn’t as good as most of the comment videos i’ve seen on here, but at least I gave it my all😀.

May be a little sloppy in some areas, but I’m working on it!

96. vinceparker on July 11, 2010 at 5:22 pm

So in the video you said vocals were ok…. but the rules say no Lyrics/Singing.. which is correct?

if i can do vocals here is my version… i did guitar/bass/vocals/ and some extra drums

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 6:40 pm

I guess they *did* end up saying they wouldn’t accept vocals. But good job on them anyway. Might as well go for it, and show people what you do!

97. lpmaster on July 11, 2010 at 5:22 pm

wow rostasliwka I think is one of the best I’ve seen keep it up! Hi Mike ^^

98. zendersto on July 11, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Soft and strange, I want to make the 2nd “In the end” .Short mix (2:05) but there is something attractive in there.
    I tried to put the stems together and the sounds combine pretty good.
    Just original stems you gave me.

99. orionwong on July 11, 2010 at 4:35 pm

I’m under age…*headache* T^T… No problem Mike, I’ll do my best to spread the contest all over the world though=D
    BTW, Can i vote the remix too? What would happen if i register as over 18 in Myspace? Thx for reading the comments Mike, You’re too nice! =]

100. redefenition on July 11, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Hey mike, I’m working on my own mix based off the acoustic piano stem. I was hoping to write a string part to this, but I can’t seem to figure out exactly the chord progression is. The closest I have come is (D)1-(A)5-(C)7-(G)4 can you confirm or deny this is the progression?

101. rostasliwka on July 11, 2010 at 3:10 pm

My interpretation

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 6:37 pm

piano skills!

102. st3vi on July 11, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Mike, check this out:

Well, I’m living in NYC, I’m living and working, and just only working.
    (House, work work, house house, work work, house. Well, what do I know? I don’t know anything. House, work work, house house, work work, house. Well, what do I know?)

Which one are you choosing there, who is allowing woman to pay for you [wtf Oô]. Dog to dog. [don’t understand] Through the streets woman [don’t understand], through the streets woman [don’t understand].
    (House, work work, …)

NY is a happy city. Kick all woman who are working. Lose all children. Who is in NY [don’t understand], in this big city? Who is in NY, in this big city?
    (House, work work, …)

103. mcshaban on July 11, 2010 at 2:26 pm

About this guy Mike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgNkJfTfHa4 , he is somekind Bosnian/Montenegro retard without musical sense, He sings about his life in New York and he describes it as hard -.-, he is an Cab Rider and translation of his song goes like this “From Home to Work, From Work to Home” btw. dude I think that Catalyst sampler is pretty cool, and your reply-ing to fans is awesome, never seen something like that before, gl. with new album best regards❤🙂

104. janv13 on July 11, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Hey Mike~!
    Looks like I’m the unluckiest person alive!!! I’m shifting to the US next month & turning 18 on 13th Oct (same bday as Out Of Ashes)😦
    But all this won’t stop me from trying! I’m gonna give it my best shot & promote it just like I promote missions on LPST😀 I even signed up for MySpace minutes ago just for the contest🙂
    Btw, please check this out: http://soundcloud.com/janv1310/session-me
    Its my best stuff till date & its dedicated to you (u gotta listen 2 it 2 know why). I assure you that my work on The Catalyst will be much much better😀
    Thanx 4 everything~!🙂
    -JanV

105. emaivalp on July 11, 2010 at 1:46 pm

I can translate you what is your new favourite guy saying..

but only if you come to Croatia🙂
    hahhaha🙂
    (but beleave me you don’t wanna know.. it’s retarded)

106. thomasbrablec on July 11, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Right when I heard a few of the remixes (just the song stems kind of put together in a good way) I had a lot of ideas how to add something cool to it (with guitar), but unfortunately I don’t have any programs or gear to connect my guitar to my computer, so I wasn’t able to do anything. I’ve already heard a lot of great “remixes” of “The Catalyst.” The best one I heard was probably by Ana Burg (Linkinparksoldier – on YouTube).

107. aidan559 on July 11, 2010 at 1:17 pm

hey mike wat happens if the song is made by a band that are all under 18 but you send the song in with an account that is registerd over 18. thnks and good luck wid the new album🙂

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 1:41 pm

No lying. Someone will catch ya.

108. chilibilly18 on July 11, 2010 at 1:15 pm

i tried to make something different without using lp’s samples http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rrg9SEJ12c

109. cctjehh on July 11, 2010 at 1:13 pm

hmm sucks that there are problems with the law..
    I’m totally down at the moment.. we lost the WC… again😥
    but I’m sure there’ll be a lot of great remixes ;D

110. transitbot on July 11, 2010 at 12:53 pm

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 1:36 pm

This remix is really dope. Good one…one of my favorites so far! You know when I was talking about “making the most of the stems we’ve given you?” TRANSITBOT apparently knows what I’m talking about.

111. evooba on July 11, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Thx for clearing things up about the rules and everything. I saw what you said yesterday on ustream as well. I know it has nothing to do with you and the guys, but leaving such questions/complaints here is more…safe I’d say, because we know you take the time to read our comments and we somehow are heard🙂 So thx again, keep doing your thing and I can’t wait to listen to the new music! I’m sure you guys have done an amazing work once again.😀

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Cool. Everyone: please do me a favor, and spread the word about our intentions and help with this contest. We want everyone to know that we love and respect the fanbase, and want this contest to be a lot of fun.

112. theyactuallymakemylifebetter on July 11, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Hey Mike, thanks for being always attentive to fans. We really appreciate it. i can’t participate… I’m 14 and I’m from Portugal. But to all the others guys who will participate, GOD LUCK. Just one question. You have spoken to vote, who will vote? We (the fans)? I mean, we can also help you choose? Anyway, I’m pretty sure that you and the other guys in the band will choose the best interpretation.

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 1:34 pm

There will be an official platform to vote on MySpace, which will be the main focus. We won’t necessarily select the winner from the “top,” but we’ll probably start listening to the top-ranked and work our way down from there…

113. Rana LP addicted on July 11, 2010 at 12:00 pm

i wish i could participate,,, but i don’t have any talent in that… just wanted to meet you..and thanks for those answers…except i would never ask Q 2😀

114. evelka on July 11, 2010 at 11:50 am

I’m not going to participate because I’m not tallented at all, but I wish the best everyone who take part in that contest!

115. souneik on July 11, 2010 at 11:49 am

Way better than I am at PR. Sigh… I’ll just make mine and mail it like a present.

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 1:32 pm

We’re be releasing official submission and promotion/reputation/rank info soon. Make a good one, SOUNEIK!

116. thegluelpfan on July 11, 2010 at 11:23 am

Well good luck to everyone participating:)I’m curious to hear people’s remixes:)And it’s nice listening to the snippets of the song lol.Hmm I just realized that I used to post as Madlen here before…oh well😀

117. abstraktik on July 11, 2010 at 11:21 am

Unfortunately I’m too young to participate in the contest.
    I still made a video. It’s not a remix, but Mike I would still like to ask you to watch this video🙂
    Best wishes from Germany (See ya in November)

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Reminds me of some 70s psychedelic stuff. Nice!

118. Alexandra Nofi on July 11, 2010 at 11:15 am

I like your answer to question number one. Very sweet of you🙂

Theoretically speaking, everyone CAN participate, just can’t compete in the contest. Which is cool, cause, it works out well for me. I want to make a track from the stems but I don’t want to win either, lol😀

119. devourdt on July 11, 2010 at 11:08 am

Hey Mike, I’ve got a question. So it’s like I’m in Pakistan but I live in the UK. Am I still eligible? Or does it all depend on where I upload it from? And btw I remember commenting on one of your posts a while back about you guys holding such a contest! It’s bloody awesome you guys are actually this, almost as if you took my suggestion😛.

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Not sure…check the rules vs. your “residency” status…

120. djmaggottheory on July 11, 2010 at 10:43 am

And a heads up for ANY mixer NOT able to do this contest according to AGE/ Living arrangments: I will be hosting a contest with 12 confirmed remixers.(11, including myself) If youre 18 and over, your entry MUST be different than the official entry for the contest.
    FOR MORE INFO:::

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 1:28 pm

I like how you edited the video and your audio together. Good job

121. slowlearner32 on July 11, 2010 at 10:30 am

Spread the word everywhere….it reminds me of viruses. Mike, your real goal is to dominate the world,right? Alright,I’ll help you!!! Just kidding!!
    Check out Slowlearner32’s mix on youtube everyone!!!

122. kelly jean on July 11, 2010 at 10:27 am

i really love this idea, what a better way to promote a thousand suns!!

123. Linkin Theorist on July 11, 2010 at 10:26 am

MySpace owe you for flattering them like that, joke😀

I don’t what will turn out from my mix, but anyways…

P.S. I have a random question Mike: have you guys started working on the soundtrack for Transformers 3?🙂

124. athurm on July 11, 2010 at 10:24 am

I was annoyed by age limits at first but got over it and made a mix anyway.

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Great! You should get a guest vocalist on it!

125. luki9875 on July 11, 2010 at 10:18 am

good luck everyone. Mike will the winner song be on the actual CD as a bonus rack or only on the Itunes version or…. ? Can you tell us about that? Thanks

126. assblade on July 11, 2010 at 10:18 am

There’s only one songwriter better than mike😉

• M Shinoda on July 11, 2010 at 1:27 pm

This guy is my new favorite guy ever. I wish I knew what he was saying.

127. daniial on July 11, 2010 at 10:16 am

gracias Mike por las aclaraciones!
    saludos desde Chile