8,000,000 Linkin Park fans on Facebook

July 15, 2010

Back in April, I wrote a post celebrating Linkin Park’s four millionth Facebook friend.    Today, only three short months later, we’re happy to announce that number had doubled.  To our eight million fans on Facebook: thank you.

If you haven’t added us on Facebook, and you would like to, do it here.

-m

1. ilovemikeshinoda on October 8, 2010 at 10:26 am

Hey guys! Mike Shinoda, I hope you read this and answer me.. I really wanna meet you but you probably won`t come in my country for a concert so I really really really wanna contact you somehow! I worship you! I am 17 years old and you are my favourite band for like 5-6 years .. I buy all the magazines that you are on. I have a box with posters, pictures and lyrics. I know all your songs. They helped me in my rough times. I even cry sometimes when I know that I`ll never meet you because this is my only dream! So I just hope that you will drew attention to my comment even know you get thousands.. It`s banal to say that I`m your biggest fan but you just really can`t imagine what you mean to me.

2. kuro382 on September 3, 2010 at 2:40 pm

i have a facebook too and added already~ ^o^

3. thesupremekaidbz on July 20, 2010 at 7:36 pm

4. shelmmusic on July 20, 2010 at 1:42 am

You may have heard this remix? he is the best!!! Vote for it!

5. anityasharma on July 19, 2010 at 1:12 am

Congratulations !!! it would very soon cross 10 million.Only from the past one month i am listing to your music and seriously i am crazy about your music…. love you and God bless you!

6. Linkin Theorist on July 18, 2010 at 7:17 am

Congratulations, Linkin Park definitely deserves to have a bunch of worldwide fans. I have an account,I’m one of those 8,000,000+ fans😀 But I don’t really like Facebook. I mainly registered there because my favorites bands (Linkin Park included) are there, and for their news.

7. lpswati on July 18, 2010 at 3:43 am

proud to be one of them……… u know Maiku, I joined FB in April this year……. & first thing I did was to search u guys… i mean the LP account there…. & SEE!!! HOW LUCKY I AM FOR U!😛😛 that after I added u there, the number of LP fans on FB doubled!!! WOW!!!😀😀 rofl Maiku…. actually.. you guys r just unbelievably briliiant & awesome…. love u all🙂🙂🙂

8. vishnu babu on July 17, 2010 at 11:08 am

super cool lp rocks!!!

Kaspersky internet security http://bit.ly/b4FTwQ

9. gaganlp on July 17, 2010 at 10:44 am

congrats …proud to be a linkin park fan god bless lp

10. thunderofangels on July 17, 2010 at 9:20 am

At last my remix is done !

Iwas pretty fun to make.
    It is a three-part remix.

I used a lot of weird instruments, like toy xylophone, and even psaltery. I wanted to start the remix by something catchy, and the first part of it is a pure old school Linkin Park riff, followed by some electronic Reanimation style beats.

Hope you’ll enjoy it, if you do please vote for me !

11. semmir on July 17, 2010 at 4:37 am

hey Mike, i can translate you the lyrics of the Kuca Poso song…
    it’s like this:

i’m living new york city,i’m living and working, and only working.
    house job, job house, that’s what i know, i don’t know anhtying, and how to know.
    house job, job house, that’s what i know.

Oiii new york may the darkness kill’s you cuz you let the woman rule you.
    in you there is dog by dog, park by park, concrete by concrete, throught the streets of…(somebody i guess, even i can’t translate this, and i’m from the same country he is) hehe

house job, job house, that’s what i know.

12. alex1120 on July 17, 2010 at 1:31 am

yeeeea! I liked every LP page LOL GO LINKIN PARKKK

13. blakebeats on July 16, 2010 at 8:16 pm

You now have 8,116,323 fans on Facebook. I am one of your fans. You guys are amazing. LP is my favorite band. I love all three albums.

14. ikinekonata on July 16, 2010 at 7:08 pm

i heard LP song since 2007 *im new fan =D* よろしくお願いしますね(*^_^*)

a few songs really touched for me x3 and few songs represent my feelings (o^_^o)
    i wanna say thank you very much to LP, before i heard LP songs i cant use english language! ( ´Д`)ノ
    after i heard LP songs i tried so hard to translated all songs *^0^* [it took a while but i enjoyed it!]
    and now i can understand & use english language little bit (=^▽^=)ノ

THANK YOU!

LP IS PART OF MY LIFE!

15. aravind221 on July 16, 2010 at 6:33 pm

mike now itz 8,104,414 , this is a never ending ………… another 104,414 after you posted this , your single post made such a thing , i cant imagine if post something incredible then it would be ( 104,414 X 10 ) , Lp rulz!!!!!!!!!!

Mike + cool = Linkin park

Linkin park – Mike = can that exist😀

when you hear a sound you say thats Linkin Park ——–🙂

16. assblade on July 16, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Don’t you just love it how 90% of the comments on the youtube video are about mike’s hair

17. rachingalav on July 16, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Hi,

I am big big fan.
    I am a film student and I wanted to use the song Fort Minor>Rising Tied>Where’d you go in my short film that will be only screened once at my university theatre for educational purposes.
    Could you please let me know the right forum to request you for the synchronization and master use license?
    Please please approve the request and I am a no budget international student. If you could be so kind.

Thanks
    Hope you respond

18. nogodu28 on July 16, 2010 at 1:46 pm

I’m not on FaceBook but anyway i’m an incontournable LP’s fan
    So 8, 000, 001😉

19. naralins on July 16, 2010 at 12:21 pm

haha leaves to give to kiss mike to you

brazil

20. baraquito on July 16, 2010 at 11:06 am

8.000.000 fans on facebook doesn´t surprise me- it´s just great what you and the band does for your fans😉 thanks! Looking forward to see you live in hamburg, got my ticket already *year* all the best for the coming album release!!

21. Julian on July 16, 2010 at 8:01 am

Mike, I’m 17 and will be 18 in mid-August =[
    I was really hoping to participate in the contest but I’m just one month younger =[

22. svstels on July 16, 2010 at 7:30 am

Posting mixes in this post? OK!😀
    Check out my mix! =)
    Real guitar, awesome drums, fast and funny =)))

23. djmoonx3 on July 16, 2010 at 7:21 am

What do you think of my remix Mike? I like, completely altered the song (especially the two different tempos)

24. fekenji on July 16, 2010 at 7:20 am

Very nice, you are the best ♥

25. jimdog4 on July 16, 2010 at 7:01 am

I can’t even download the stems

26. kaoripo on July 16, 2010 at 6:46 am

Now 8,000,000 people are waiting for the new album release somewhere in the world🙂 Exciting!!

27. curlylp on July 16, 2010 at 6:18 am

WOW we (LP fans) are the best. hehe Congrats!!😀

28. linkinlauren on July 16, 2010 at 6:01 am

I am so proud to be one of those facebook friends :’)
    And WOO the Album’s released 10 days before my birthday ^__^ (Although that has no relevence to anything, whatsoever) I was SO excited when the rumor was going around that it was to be released on the 24th September…but whatever.

I won’t be the fan who whines for a LATER release date xD

p.s. Please tell Phoenix and Chaz to tweet more🙂

29. shebalp on July 16, 2010 at 4:46 am

congrats ! 14th September ………. waiting for the big day ! enjoy !😉

30. jagta on July 16, 2010 at 4:43 am

That’s cool news! BTW, I thought you don’t like facebook!? Have forgotten your post about those jackasses who pretended to be you!? LOL

31. hardik7 on July 16, 2010 at 4:39 am

congrats mike!

32. lpyahali on July 16, 2010 at 4:31 am

***♥♥♥*** I want someone to make a DnB remix of “The Catalyst” ! ***♥♥♥***

33. lode1989 on July 16, 2010 at 4:24 am

This is also because Facebook changed the words “becoming fan” into “I like”. And because I invited all my friends again. :p I think that’s why, people who arenn’t a fan still can like Linkin Park. Anyway, let’s go to 10 000 000. Greetz, Lode

34. DS_insomniatic on July 16, 2010 at 4:16 am

oh…that’s amazing !!! when I added LP on facebook, they were about 2,000,000 funs and they are 8,000,000 !!! WOW !!!😉

35. lplovei on July 16, 2010 at 4:12 am

I’m proud to say I’m one of those eight million somethin’ fans or likers. I love ya Mike.

36. fatimalp on July 16, 2010 at 4:02 am

awesome!!! Congrats!🙂

37. gaganlp on July 16, 2010 at 3:37 am

CONGRATZ LP

38. vanrok on July 16, 2010 at 3:21 am

mike take a look😀

39. gigascythe on July 16, 2010 at 2:13 am

That’s incredible! Many congrats.

40. unleaver on July 16, 2010 at 12:59 am

Reanimation style remix

41. riyah09 on July 16, 2010 at 12:27 am

CONGRATZ!! Actually its already above 8 million!!😄 Wanna know why? Its bcoz u guys are so AWESOME!!! I’m happy to be a part of it!! Love u guys!!

42. dymaadynt on July 16, 2010 at 12:23 am

Oh crap no, its 8.053.783 now. Amazing.

43. chester003 on July 16, 2010 at 12:00 am

im not surprised… since you’re the best band… \m/ and im the one of your best fans….😄 cant wait for the new album… peace!

JAMES CHESTER™

44. bullan189 on July 15, 2010 at 11:37 pm

Haha!! That´s almost the amount of inhabitants we have in SwedenXD

45. zahralp on July 15, 2010 at 10:46 pm

wow !
    i guess ur looking up to 16,000,000 fans next time u check! lol….awesome!

46. dorito82 on July 15, 2010 at 10:32 pm

nice (: That’s awesome As always, and I know how redundant this sounds, but you deserve it 10-fold!

47. widyarahayu31 on July 15, 2010 at 10:09 pm

8 million fans with billion of talents and skills of their own who’ve been spending their time, money, heart, and doing priceless efforts to support Linkin Park. We’re not always like what you want/ need but we love you guys!

48. wookiebastard on July 15, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Shinoda should make a post talking about the artwork of ATS.

49. evooba on July 15, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Freaking proud to be one of them😀 So, myspace has been take over, facebook as well. What’s next? Twitter? We need to promote that a little bit more…last time I checked was at 61.300 followers or something like that. That would make a good LPST project right? Promote LP’s twitter😉

50. aravind221 on July 15, 2010 at 8:46 pm

the name Lp is enough for the fans to get in mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if there is one more new MS | DC remix shoes or some new art from ur end itz gonna be solid 20 , 000 in one day🙂 , R u working on any art or design remix shoes currently Mike🙂

51. whitepegacorn on July 15, 2010 at 8:15 pm

That’s a LOT. Keep it up.

52. argol8489 on July 15, 2010 at 6:45 pm

congratulations … good news … still have a moment of gold …

53. vishnu babu on July 15, 2010 at 6:40 pm

awesome im one among!!

54. betty108 on July 15, 2010 at 6:13 pm

That’s amaaaaazing!
    I certainly am proud to be one of those fans!
    8,000,000 fans and more to come!

55. orionwong on July 15, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Soon it’ll reach further than the fans of God.^^
    BTW Mike, i found some interesting stuff from Times about the google page: http://bit.ly/cCEkwT
    thought you might like to do a doodle for it.=]

56. zoelkg on July 15, 2010 at 5:23 pm

that”s great!!!!!!!:)
    awesome!!!

57. Alexandra Nofi on July 15, 2010 at 5:15 pm

I’ll bet you there is an iPhone app for bands who have 8 million fans on facebook😄

58. rockypalos on July 15, 2010 at 5:14 pm

This one actually sounds like it would be on an album!
    But yeah! Almost all my friends add you guys just recently hahaha

59. souneik on July 15, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Facebook is so evil. ~Chills~ I had stalkers. Its sorta like having fleas. Only you have to fight chat windows and get a lot of emails. Creepy emails.
    Can you tell me (please) on this scale where you’d like the winning track to be. Zero being “Not at all hard” 0———————-5——————10
    and 10 being “monster hard”. 5 is just there to make it look normal. I’ve already done a 9.5. I just got done a 3.4. But I sorta kinda would like to know what you would like. :O

60. slowlearner32 on July 15, 2010 at 5:00 pm

I’ve got a facebook account just to be one of the fans.
    Btw, I don’t know the reason why, but some new LP pics remind me of The Beatles. I hope one of the crazy LP fans won’t shoot a rifle at one of LP members. Of course I’m not that crazy xD.

61. ellzworth on July 15, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Congrat Mike and LP for gathering that many Fans on Facebook.

For all you “Catalyst Remix” poster… Rules are Rules. Post your piece on the appropriate site/server and kick back and relax. You’ll give yourself a heart-attack otherwise.😛

Mike “Legally” can’t say: “OK THIS ONE IS THE BEST.. YOU’RE THE WINNER… EVERYONE STOP REMIXING,” for anything posted on here.

Make sense…?

62. mrmmusictech on July 15, 2010 at 4:01 pm

if any other remix beats this then i got nothing to say..
    this has RAPPING!! VOTE NOW!!

63. kaory318 on July 15, 2010 at 3:42 pm

mike has many fans the first I am going ahead and I hope soon the new album, new song I love them!

64. lpmaster on July 15, 2010 at 3:41 pm

amazing, I’ve checked the other important artists pages (Metallica, coldplay, radiohead,etc) and they have only between 3 to 5 million, you’re great LP! ALWAYS!😀 (I’m a fan from lp in facebook since 2008 :))

65. jdablemont on July 15, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Mike, please give this remix a listen! I guarantee you’ll find it “catchy”. Plus, I can’t enter the contest because of my age so here’s a link to my Soundcloud> > > > http://soundcloud.com/jdablemont/dj-jd-the-catalyst-remix/ / / / Thanks man!

66. sagback on July 15, 2010 at 3:37 pm

I think you are unique!!! you said “the management decides where we tour” I think …especially you are single minded person…….you always know what you want !!! which countries do you want to tour ? I wanna learn this … your manager is working badly because you tour the same place everytime!! metallica comes …but you dont why ? you’ve done lots of things better than metallica? surprise me! and come to turkey or go germany everyear!!! you’ve been to turkey only one time !!! damnnn!

67. sirfrankphoenix on July 15, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Congratulations Linkin Park . In speaking of social networks, please visit my blog and leave a comment saying your opinion and what would you like to see on it. http://sirfrankphoenix.wordpress.com/

68. ammya on July 15, 2010 at 3:22 pm

=) cool!!!! =( i don’t have facebook!!

69. lisad82 on July 15, 2010 at 2:59 pm

That’s great! Im so proud to be a part of it.🙂

70. theyactuallymakemylifebetter on July 15, 2010 at 2:35 pm

8 million fans on Facebook … awesome. I am one of those fans. I always admired the union between you and the other guys, the attention and concern you have with us … and of course your music. In 2003 I heard a song that struck me, I loved that song as soon as I heard … It’s called Numb and is one of the best I’ve ever heard in my entire life! Linkin Park is the band of my life … don’t spend a day without hearing your music.I think you are like some friends we have, a little far and I never knew (but I hope to meet). I’m very proud to be your fan. I regret never having known you, you are 6 guys very important in my life. Keep as you are. I love you, I’ll never forget you guys! x)

71. daniial on July 15, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Felicidades a todos Mike!
    saludos desde Chile🙂

72. nikkiann0100 on July 15, 2010 at 2:23 pm

That’s Amazing. Congrats!

73. evelka on July 15, 2010 at 2:10 pm

You’re welcome🙂 It’s pleasure to be your fan😉 and congratz to LP!!😀

74. Jessy on July 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Wow! You deserve the admiration of each one of these 8 million fans! and much more!
    I love you guys! The whole world loves!!! You’re THE BEST!
    xoxo

75. thegluelpfan on July 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Two more and you’ll beat Lady GaGa😛 We can do it!Btw aren’t you going to post about the fansite edition of the Catalyst remix contest?:)

76. pinkyloulou on July 15, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Damn that Gaga having 12 million fans. LET’S EAT HER FOR DINNAR. Rawr.

77. zaneliu on July 15, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Nice to here from you mike and congradulations!!!

78. jenjithesnail on July 15, 2010 at 1:54 pm

That’s great! ^¬^
    Congratulations🙂

79. leilalp on July 15, 2010 at 1:49 pm

We have))) a long. Congrates to you!!! You guys deserve it!!!! I’m sure, you will have more facebook friends and followers in future! Thanks for all!!!!

80. somebody15 on July 15, 2010 at 1:47 pm

LP has the best fans in the world😀

81. janv13 on July 15, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Hey Mike!
    That’s A.W.E.S.O.M.E!😀
    I’m extremely proud to be one of those amazing 8,000,000 people on FB & I assure you that I’ll never let you guys down. I won’t be surprised if you guys become the greatest band in history soon🙂
    Keep ur d awesomeness🙂
    Thanx 4 everything~!
    -JanV

82. luki9875 on July 15, 2010 at 1:46 pm

thats crazy. how did that hapen in only 3 months :O fantastic

83. epiclinkinpark on July 15, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Congrats you guys! That is really awesome and good news to hear. Hope all is going well :]

84. ibequa on July 15, 2010 at 1:45 pm

о0 cool

85. Rana LP addicted on July 15, 2010 at 1:45 pm

YOU r the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you r the most great band ever ,not just music you’re incridible!!!! you must be over 8 !!!!!!!and i’m one of them😀

86. squide on July 15, 2010 at 1:45 pm

make something as a present for that kind of anniversary😀

87. emaivalp on July 15, 2010 at 1:44 pm

nice🙂

88. kathyxx on July 15, 2010 at 1:43 pm

congrats dude

89. gnaa93 on July 15, 2010 at 1:43 pm

awesome!! keep the good work going guys! you guys are the best =)

90. tse333 on July 15, 2010 at 1:43 pm