Linkin Park Pre Order: A Thousand Suns

July 23, 2010

Alrightee folks.  The pre-order for A THOUSAND SUNS is here.  I wanted to take a minute to give you some more details about the stuff and answer some questions.

1.) With any purchase, you get the digital version of the album FOR FREE.  Yes, even if you buy the skate deck or the tee shirt, you get the album free.  You also get early access to concert tickets to our shows (which means you’ll get better seats).

2.) The DVD included in the first two items is called MEETING OF A THOUSAND SUNS.  It’s the best documentary of a Linkin Park album ever made.  I’m not just saying that.  It’s the best everrrrr.

3.) The Deluxe Box Set includes the CD, DVD, the album on two vinyl records, a print of the album art (for your wall, if you so desire), and a HARDCOVER BOOK.  The book is NOT just the album booklet, blown up bigger.  It’s a special book, designed for and only included with the box set.  And by the way…the Regular CD, Mid-level CD/DVD, and the Box Set will all have different art booklets.

4.) Q: “When do I get everything?”
A: The second it becomes available from us to you (aka the earliest time possible in the known universe, as determined by the Sun, Earth, gravity, the speed of light, and Warner Bros. Records).  In the meantime, we’ll be sending you guys a couple other things, just for fun: video clips, early snippets, who knows?  But the bottom line is, you get more when you order from us directly.  All you do is enter your email address when you check out, and we’ll email you a link to the stuff (such as: The Catalyst, A Thousand Suns) the moment it is ready for download.

5.) Q: I’m afraid to give my email address.  Is it safe?
A: Ask the members of LPU.  We don’t spam, and we treat our members with respect–we don’t sell or give away your info.  In fact, my own email address is on the list, so I know the list doesn’t get compromised!

…I hope that clears up the basic questions about the pre-order on www.linkinpark.com.  If you haven’t already, feel free to spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, and anywhere you go online.  Thanks for your support…we can’t wait for you to hear A THOUSAND SUNS.

I leave you with this: the greatest skate deck of all time.

1. El Presidente for Life on December 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Hey Pioneero, please send your order number, or if you don’t have that after all this time, just the email address you used for ordering to bthomposon @ topspinmedia.com and I’ll dig down and figure out why you didn’t get your order and why your emails went unanswered.

Bill T.

2. pioneer0 on December 1, 2010 at 1:36 am

Hi Mike, I don’t know if you get any info on new posts in old threads, but I just wanna let you know that I haven’t got my preordered A Thousand Suns yet😦
    I ordered all four items back in July, and the money was also taken from my account – STILL, I haven’t seen any of the merch and album yet, and no one replies to the e-mails I have sent to customerservice@bandmerch.com

I’m really sad of all this.

Hope you’ve enjoyed the world tour so far – it was awesome to see you at the M&G in Hamburg, and playing two awesome shows in Hamburg and Herning.

Peace🙂

3. fredsbassett on July 31, 2010 at 5:04 am

Mike, I pre-ordered the MP3 only version, but when I downloaded the media that it gave me the link to, I tried to unzip and it says “Please insert the last disk of the Multi-volume set and click OK to continue”…is this something from the zipped file or something wrong with my computer?? Please respond, I need an answer to this…

4. josephbenny98 on July 30, 2010 at 3:27 am

hey mike,
    can people from india preorder.And how much is the shipping and handling costs.
    when are you guys coming to India.Millions of fans are here waiting!!!!!please reply

5. xehpuk on July 29, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Hey Mike,

would you mind telling us the shipping costs to Europe (especially Germany)?
    And if there’s a possibility to pay without Visa/MasterCard/American Express/JCB (e.g. PayPal)?

Pleeeease.😀

PS: I’m looking forward to seeing you again in Dortmund!😉

6. mercenary18 on July 27, 2010 at 2:32 pm

when’s the last day you can preorder? im kinda waiting for payday =) lol

7. teajazzus on July 27, 2010 at 3:10 am

Can Indians preorder it?????

8. alust86 on July 26, 2010 at 11:01 pm

9. lode1989 on July 26, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I am waiting… waiting… waiting… (Last time I was waiting, I was waiting for a girl… I waited for nothing and I waited 15 minutes.) This time I will probably wait days, a lot of days… and I already know it’s all worth!! I am so pumped… Every second in the known universe, as determined by the Sun, Earth, gravity, the speed of light, and Warner Bros. Records is one little step closer to hear the new music… I already love the Album before I’ve heard it… (Now you can say: WTF?) But… A mom already loves her child before it’s born.

10. nylanafranz on July 26, 2010 at 8:45 am

I just pre-ordered the CD_DVD package and I got my receipt and download the digital version. In that download, that contains the “Meeting A Thousand Suns Preview.mp4” only, I don’t see any song files there. Please help me, I’m so lost

11. Rana LP addicted on July 26, 2010 at 7:22 am

that’s a great job!!! but can that be shipped to Egypt!!??? just a question

12. bonnie77lp on July 26, 2010 at 3:47 am

HEY MIKE
    I JUST ORDERED THE SKATE DECK. JUST MAKING SURE, THAT IT IS HAND SIGNED BY THE BAND?? ALSO I DON’T SKATE, SO IS IT SOMETHING U CAN HANG ON THE WALL?
    THANKS😀

13. austinlp on July 25, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Hey mike, i have a question: “When it says “early access to tickets for the band’s upcoming tour”, do you mean the tour in October/November (for which tickets are already on sale) or is it for the next tour you go on?

14. ankurkumarsingh786 on July 25, 2010 at 8:51 pm

hey Mike Shinoda….You are doing such a nice job to create the latest album of lp name called “A Thousand Suns”… i was waiting for a long time for the lp album….and this time my wait is going to successful….
    thanks to all lp members(Chester Bennington(VOCAL),Mike Shinoda(RAPPER),Rob Bourdon(DRUMMERE),Joseph Hajn(DJ),Dave Farell(BAS GUITARRIST),Brad Delson(GUITARRIST))

15. kirstief on July 25, 2010 at 4:02 am

My worry about doing this is after all the trouble I had last time with the Minutes To Midnight super fan package.
    They lost my order and I didn’t get it for 3 months after the album came out! I spent a lot of money calling America and it was just a lot of hard work!!
    I don’t want to go through all that again!

16. linkinparktjejen on July 25, 2010 at 3:42 am

MIKE! I’ve pre-order “Linkin Park – A Thousand Suns (CD+DVD that contains the Making Of A Thousand Suns documentary)” yesterday!

CAN’T WAIT FOR THE ALBUM!!! It’s gonna be epic! Love you guys! See you in Denmark!!

– Linda

17. ellzworth on July 24, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Mike… why is Warner Bros. robbing me of my precious money through ridiculous shipping and handling JUST for the CD/DVD Combo. Seems like places like Amazon or even Best Buy would be more cost efficient on our poor wallets/pockets😦
    It brings a tear to my eye to see this.

18. thesupremekaidbz on July 24, 2010 at 8:25 pm

19. pinkwater3 on July 24, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Pretty cool. I ordered my copy last night. And the skate deck really does look awesome.
    Mike, could you confirm/deny this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1087574/)

20. luki9875 on July 24, 2010 at 1:39 pm

by the way mike when are we getting some new band photos? i am so sick of pages writing news about the new album and showing photos from minutes to midnight times😛

21. shockwavez on July 24, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Hey guys check this out:

and pls vote for it on:

Thanks for your help and for voting!!

22. simona93 on July 24, 2010 at 12:35 pm

I really wanted to buy the CD/DVD, but then I found out that the shipping costs 23 euro – thats more than the original price! I’d better wait and pray that the CD/DVD will be avaible in stores than pay that for mp3 tracks…

23. svstels on July 24, 2010 at 11:46 am

Remix By SV:

24. linkinarmy on July 24, 2010 at 11:32 am

This is soo awesome, got my deluxe fan edition of the album ordered. Now i got something to look forward to for a couple months.

25. iancr on July 24, 2010 at 10:19 am

Correction from my previous comment:

– There appears to be an issue with PayPal in non USD ($) currency. If you’d like to pay with PayPal please use the US $ page for the time being.

Thanks,
    ian

26. gaganlp on July 24, 2010 at 10:18 am

now thats what i call a lp thing

27. ╚★ⓐⓓⓔⓩ★╝ on July 24, 2010 at 10:10 am

Ohhh Yeahh Linkin Park Rules !!!!!!!!!!

28. jrablao on July 24, 2010 at 10:08 am

Mike, will there be a booklet if I order the CD +DVD? Also, will I get a physical copy of the CD if I order the T-shirt, or just a digital copy?

29. skyzlmt on July 24, 2010 at 10:00 am

Tracklist is sick! Jordana del Muerto, love the meanings behind the names…

Mike IMDB couldn’t come up with any better pics of you? You and Chester better not give up making beats for bein movie stars. <—- Hillbilly voice

30. widya rahayu on July 24, 2010 at 9:55 am

i’m jealous.. but what i want more is to be the maker or a part of the people whose creating it, instead of buying it or own those stuff. So, Mike..it’s midnight and i’m still drawing..what you have given to me..though i’m tired and crying for working so hard to make my dreams come true..

31. pkleck on July 24, 2010 at 9:31 am

“(aka the earliest time possible in the known universe, as determined by the Sun, Earth, gravity, the speed of light, and **Warner Bros. Records**)”
    😄 Haha! Nice

32. thomasbrablec on July 24, 2010 at 9:27 am

I really wanted it, but it’s a bit out of my budget, if you know what I mean. The deck really is awesome. I wouldn’t want to be you, signing 1000 skate decks, haha. Did you do that after finishing the album or before?
    I’m really looking forward to the album and I love Linkin Park. You guys are great.
    BTW, you should totally design a new DC collection. I love your art and so does everyone else (at least I think so).

33. linkinparkforever275 on July 24, 2010 at 9:16 am

I think its too early😉 we have to wait a little bit .. the tracklist just came out!! And the song names sound soo fantastic, this is soo aah🙂

ALL the new information that came out the last days, i got them all from LPA .. LPU is kinda slow in that thing which is a litte sad because we’re the official fanclub. Don’t you think we should get this first? Don’t get me wrong! I Love the LPU. It is the best that could happened to us, the fans!!!

Anyways! Mike. Thank you and of course the rest of the band for this upcoming perfect beeing album🙂

34. coliinreiid on July 24, 2010 at 8:41 am

Now that we have the official tracklist. Is it too early to ask if we could have some of the demo names for the tracks Mike?

I also purchased the CD/DVD and Deluxe Edition package today ( =.
    Thanks.

35. anaphx on July 24, 2010 at 8:18 am

This is the right tracklist, am I right?

01 The Requiem
    10 Wretches And Kings
    11 Wisdom, Justice, And Love
    12 Iridescent
    13 Fallout
    14 The Catalyst
    15 The Messenger

AWESOME! Love the Jornada Del Muerto title, because its the place in Mexico where they detonated the very first atom bomb!

I hope you’ll explain those album titles on your site one day, especially ROBOT BOY😀

x ana

36. midnightrush1 on July 24, 2010 at 8:03 am

please check it out

37. bullan189 on July 24, 2010 at 6:52 am

But what if you’re from an other country, are there any extra costs?;)

38. shockwavez on July 24, 2010 at 6:46 am

Great news for all LP fans,

I definitely will pre-order the cd/dvd box becuase of all the exclusive contents that Mike mentioned.
    Oh yeah and here is my song for the Contest:

If you’d like to vote for it go on:

and just vote🙂 thank you so far!!

39. pokesuke7 on July 24, 2010 at 6:09 am

wowoow cant wait…. ohh and mike i made a layout for my page on myspace with the new album and i also put the link so pleople can see it and pre order the album i hope thats ok with you btw….. i cant wait for the album

40. lancer588 on July 24, 2010 at 5:45 am

Goddamit, I wasn’t looking and accidentally ordered two CD/DVD sets. Is there any easy way to make that an order for one?

41. zahralp on July 24, 2010 at 5:41 am

Subtotal:$99.99 S & H:$39.95 Total:$139.94

i cant belive u guys ship to iran!!!!

omg u guys are the best!!!!

42. mofamike on July 24, 2010 at 5:35 am

Hi Mike, is it possible to pay with a different payment-method, because I haven’t a credit card. I looking forward to hear from you soon.

43. zahralp on July 24, 2010 at 5:25 am

i am sooo paying for it!…….aaaaaaaa soo excited!/.. X)

44. majorivan on July 24, 2010 at 5:22 am

Hey mike cool stuff there. But i got a question, why is there no paypal for europe/germany?
    Only (so far) I see that the US got paypal as a payment option.
    Please help.

45. cctjehh on July 24, 2010 at 4:49 am

Mike is the pre-order available for every country? cuz I couldn’t choose my country…

46. meteoraseven on July 24, 2010 at 4:49 am

mike just wondering, is the australian link still through the same as the rest? because it looks different, the deluxe fan pack isn’t avaliable yet and it says there are only 300 avaliable, just wondering and want to make sure i can get that! thanks

47. simona93 on July 24, 2010 at 4:19 am

Is it possible to see the shipping+taxes cost before payment? Like for example I live in Czech Republic and choose the Europian pre-order?

48. lplovei on July 24, 2010 at 4:09 am

Thanks for all the details. All that stuff looks so cooool!! The skate deck is amazing, all other skate decks should be ashamed. You can bet i’m getting one of those😀 !

49. ryan461 on July 24, 2010 at 4:09 am

Hi Mike, with these presale tickets access will it be along the same lines as the TPU? Also, will the CD/DVD edition be available in stores on release?

50. gaganlp on July 24, 2010 at 3:32 am

THX MIKE FOR DETAILS

51. evooba on July 24, 2010 at 3:29 am

The moment I saw it I called my dad on the phone and told him. He was like “WHAT?!?!?!” but when he got home and saw all these awesome stuff he immediately said we’re getting all four packages!😀 I was so excited! I guess that’s what happens when your dad is a hardcore LP fan^^ Anyways, everything look awesome! Thx! Btw the video you have to unlock on facebook is pretty dope! Same goes for the new LPTV as well🙂

52. pioneer0 on July 24, 2010 at 2:56 am

My email says it all:

Your Receipt from Linkin Park – July 23, 2010

All Four Products + MP3 Album Pre-Order $229.99

Subtotal: $229.99
    Shipping: $55.90
    Discount: $0.00

Total: $285.89

I never doubted that I would purchase the biggest package available,
    and it’s so awesome to see all those limited merchandise!
    + The SKATE DECK??? Whoooooaaa😀

– Looking forward to hear the new sound of you, on A Thousand Suns🙂

– Love, Dennis (Denmark)

53. fenix2exe on July 24, 2010 at 2:47 am

I want the deluxe version but due to many debts i have i order the t-shirt one but i am really psych and waiting more than ever the moment the sun, earth, gravity, speed of light, and warner bros. Let it be available!!!
    LPrulez!!!

54. thegluelpfan on July 24, 2010 at 2:37 am

Well as much as I want the deluxe edition cause it’s simply insane and amazing I can’t afford it.So I’m going with the regular package.Damn it hurts saying lol😀 Maybe one day when I have the money I’ll be able to find it somewhere and get it.Kudos for putting up the special packages and stuff.And I guess I’ll have to get only the CD later to get the booklet…

55. dctuga90 on July 24, 2010 at 2:10 am

check out my version of “The Catalyst” for the contest

56. lpmaria on July 24, 2010 at 1:23 am

Hi Mike!
    And to Russia the order will reach? It is simply interesting to me.Can be such that the order will not reach?
    -m

57. chester003 on July 24, 2010 at 1:23 am

Im Speechless.. Im numb… YOU ARE THE BEST BAND EVER! you really value your fans and always giving back the support we are giving…. long live linkin park!!!

JAMES CHESTER™
    ( i really wish i can have a hand on the items here.. unfortunately i cant afford… but thats ok… as long as you’re here to stay!😀 )

58. luki9875 on July 24, 2010 at 1:13 am

Here’s another question. Is the skate deck hand signed or just printed or whatever?

59. tifftiff33lp on July 24, 2010 at 12:35 am

Dude that is 1 kick-ass sb deck!!!^____^

60. souneik on July 23, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Tetsujin head ink blot? (star eyes) I’m gonna pretend that’s what is from now on. Whats it one of those that you stare at and see jesus later? LOL I see you with your world domination packets. Way to outdo, btw hahaha.😉

61. alexrednex on July 23, 2010 at 11:34 pm

I wait till i can buy on a Danish Website, im gonna get limited edition!!
    That Skatedeck art is very epic, i hope it is also in the album.
    Mike, We love you😀
    Cant wait to hear the album, see/hear the catalyst video, see the art, read the lyrics, watch the dvd(best documentary!?)
    Man….. I love you guys!

And people remember… BUY THERE STUFF
    Dont download it free, or i will kick your ass

62. dorito82 on July 23, 2010 at 11:23 pm

the skate deck looks so cool!

63. sirfrankphoenix on July 23, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Hi fellows! “A Thousand Suns” of luck for your new record Linkin Park.
    Contest answer:
    Please check out my blog, feel free to leave a comment:

64. elcirith on July 23, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Can i preorder if i live in Singapore?

65. Michael Gonzalez on July 23, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Mister Shinoda,

I just jizzed in my pants.

You sir, have my my entire YEAR.

-Mike

66. ausneil on July 23, 2010 at 10:50 pm

When will Australians be able to buy the Deluxe Box Set of A Thousand Suns? on the australian site it just says “Coming Soon”

67. iancr on July 23, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Hello, Ian from Topspin here. I hope Mike doesn’t mind my answering a few of the questions about the offer…

GRUDGEDPUNKR: your card will be charged now and you’ll receive the video immediately. the goods will be shipped as they’re available.

LINKINBABE112: you could pay with PayPal if you don’t have a credit card. but no worries if you can’t afford it!

MINITUNES: yes, you should be able to order the products from Brazil. shipping may be a bit expensive but we’ve tried to make it as affordable as possible.

I hope this helps!

ian

68. slowlearner32 on July 23, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Mike, that’s your favorite skate deck, right? I can see The Skull…

69. caroo123 on July 23, 2010 at 10:22 pm

The new album is going to be cool i know and Linkin Park come to chile😀 mike please stop by the regions of chile esque I have no money to travel to Santiago and that here in Iquique (my hometown) there are many fans mike you please go through the regions of chile Answer me please T-T

70. reflectionistbaz on July 23, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Got the super duper fan pack so I best be getting some good clips/art/videos/exclusives. In this economy I shell out $100 to Linkin Park still so don’t hold back and give back for once, Mike.

71. linkinbabe112 on July 23, 2010 at 10:01 pm

ohhh GOD *_* everything has just blown me away =.=” unfortunately im too young to have a visa but im gonna help a hand promoting the album😉
    (i love the album cover and the art on the second skateboard)

Keep rocking guys❤ love you hehe ^^

72. kathyxx on July 23, 2010 at 9:50 pm

There’s no way i can afford that😦

i rather see you guys at a show instead.

73. grudgedpunkr on July 23, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Could you also add in the answer to this question? When will my debit/credit card be charged? Right now or in September when the order is shipped? Please. I wanna pre-order something but I don’t have the money right now.

Also, will the CD/DVD edition also be available in stores? Since Amazon has a special edition listed.

74. Alexandra Nofi on July 23, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I love the skate deck with the snakes… But I don’t skate.

Anyways, when I get the money, I am getting the deluxe box set thing… Art book plus the vinyls, totally awesome. It’s a bit expensive in my opinion, but, I don’t spend money on LP very often. Last time I spent over a hundred dollars on LP stuff was two years ago, on tickets.

75. Julian on July 23, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Mike you rule!

76. abbykulyde on July 23, 2010 at 9:45 pm

i LOLed when you said “everrrrr” hahaha! oh well, i’ve got to save for this.. but i’m from the Philippines..😦

77. minitunes on July 23, 2010 at 9:45 pm

hey mike, i want to know about international shipping, because i live in brazil, but i want the special edition with dvd, and we can buy the album anywhere in the world, or just in some countries?
    thanks, and contragulations to new album and singles!

78. spraypaintninkpens on July 23, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Very cool idea Mike. In for 1 skateboard.