Linkin Park Featuring You Winner Announced

July 30, 2010

We’ve been calling it a premix contest: the “Linkin Park Featuring You” contest on MySpace has now come to a close, and we have a winner.  No joking around this time…our winner is:

NoBraiN!!!

His real name is Czeslaw (his nickname is Chex) and he’s an English teacher from Swidnica, Poland.  I had an amazing conversation on Skype with him, where I told him the good news.  Video of that is coming soon.

As I’ve said before, the quality of the MySpace remixes were amazing–even better than we had expected. Thank you all for your music and your votes.  I’ll be giving away a full list of the top 20 finalists here on mikeshinoda.com shortly.

In a couple of days, you’ll be able to hear the real thing: our new single, “The Catalyst,” comes out on MONDAY.

But until then, go HERE to listen to NoBraiN’s winning track, on the Linkin Park music player.

1. nereid2711 on August 9, 2010 at 7:24 am

I’m so proud. We’ve got so many young, talented people in Poland. Definitely, Czesław is one of them:) You made the best good choice:) I used to listen to Linkin Park … mayby now I will be into your music again.

Greetings from Central Europe, from Poland, from Odrowążek :)

Osobiście, cieszę się, że ktoś zza oceanu docenił Cię, zupełnie innej muzyki słucham (w tym momencie mojej egzystencji), ale mimo wszystko remix podoba mi się :) Gratulacje i pozdrowienia :)

2. thaguy16 on August 1, 2010 at 11:23 am

The Catalyst..

3. silversurferband on August 1, 2010 at 8:08 am

I thought someting like a real rock / rap Remix would be the winner, but a techno version? This one is not what i used to call “rockin”, but ok for me if the band likes it ;-) Anyway if you like to watch or listen to our Rock-Version of The Catalyst, have a look at this Video and leave a comment if u want to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsW2evVlQ1Q … while we all wait for the final real version of the new single…

4. blakapa on July 31, 2010 at 10:28 pm

To : notyoutoo on July 31, 2010 at 11:31 am
    Lol Sorry I didn’t know…I really tought it was wierd :S … I knew it wasn’t true :D ..

5. plissandro on July 31, 2010 at 10:28 pm

So, there will be any viceoclip for The Catalyst?

6. ANDiTKO on July 31, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Congratulations to NoBraiN but i dont like his mix at all. I hope the album sounds nothing like this. Else Linkin Park Are DEAD to me!

7. vishalhd on July 31, 2010 at 7:33 pm

DUde good job! You totally owned mines :(, but no scene, ^_^ Good Work man, well deserving indeed :) There’s no way my could ever stack up to that.

8. soxgurl46 on July 31, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Well, first of, yeah, congrats Chex, great job. Even if i were old enough to participate i dont think i could even hav made the top 20. But anyway, im sorta confused- if anyone wants to explain. I listened to the remix on indaba, and them i listened to the previews, and the trailer for medal of honor, and they were different. So i guess my question is, when they selected a winner, did they just take exactly what Chex made? or alter it a little bit? and will the version used on the medal of honor trailer (if it is different) still b used for that game, or will Chex’s version replace it?

9. linkinparkforever275 on July 31, 2010 at 3:20 pm

WOW! Its an awesome remix! congrats dude!

10. elin1st on July 31, 2010 at 2:28 pm

remix by NoBrain isn’t best of the all remixes. And I think that your choice is wrong. And I’m disappointed about it.

But I congratulate Czeslaw:)

11. souneik on July 31, 2010 at 1:36 pm

What a bunch of sore ass losers. What about the dude that won? You thinks that’s fair to him? Let him have his victory, stop hating.
    I like it, I think that going with an Electro sound and actually doing something different with the vocals was dope. (See Electro is big in Cali = more fans)If I could manage my time a little better and maybe have gotten the melody out I wanted to….Actually mixed it) Maybe… Who knows. I at least got what I needed to know.
    frequentc: Fuck hope. Get over hope right now. No ones listening , no one cares, no one is going to save you, reach for you, wipe your tears, just get the fuck up and do a better one. Real Shit. and best advice I can give.

12. cincybmxlpfreak on July 31, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Hmm…not bad. It’s very sonic. There were two elements in it that I included in my own remix so that made me feel kinda good. Can’t wait to see the top 20 finalists. I would probably still die if I made the list of 20. Lol.

13. lizzicloverman on July 31, 2010 at 12:55 pm

congrats to the winner. i didnt listen to it though cause it would break my heart even more. i really hope i’m at least in the top 20. if not i’m gonna die a painfull death xD

(btw: http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/22223 )

14. notyoutoo on July 31, 2010 at 11:31 am

Okay . . . NoBraiN good work, congratulations. Personally, if the rest of the disc sounds like what NoBraiN put together – then Linkin Park is dead to me.

I personally would have loved the version posted here:

oh, and “blakapa on July 31, 2010 at 3:24 am” . . . Lincoln Park is an actual park.

15. thomasprime on July 31, 2010 at 11:07 am

congratulations Chex. Mike I think you guys made solid pick although I wish you guys posted it on Indaba as the winner.Regardless still a solid pick.He used the electro drums really well.It seems a lot people didn’t capitalize on the power of those drums. If anybody is interested just for listening sake feel free to check my remix out. I worked really hard on it and wish I had more time to boost it up LP’s listening priorities. Thanx http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/26071

16. xerotheory on July 31, 2010 at 10:46 am

REFLECTIONISTBAZ is just being a sore loser. Face it man you lost; so stop being a douche and running your mouth. Congrats to chex though. I personally thought it was a solid remix.

17. thaguy16 on July 31, 2010 at 10:44 am

i know im gonna get shiit from everyone.. but is this honestly the remix you guys chose? i have to say i dont like it. yeah, my opinion, eff off. ekam singh’s remix was awesome if yu ask me, but whatever i guess.
    im disappointed, but once again, no one gives a shiit, so too bad.

18. drummerlodz on July 31, 2010 at 10:42 am

That’s why LP must come to the Poland! :)

19. indysagoo on July 31, 2010 at 10:24 am

Congrats to the man! I was just amazed mine made the top 20, i now look forward to any European releases/lptv stuff they put out with it on!

Thank you mike, really boosted my confidence when it comes to mixing/composing!!

20. pr3mium on July 31, 2010 at 10:17 am

Very well done. It reminds me of Reanimation album. Definitely different from what the songs going to really sound like. Congrats to you NoBraiN!

21. derekoswald on July 31, 2010 at 9:27 am

Reflectionist, you’re an ignorant moron. This track was at 1428th place when it was picked, and LP did not just randomly pick a number from 1-10. If you’d watch the “selection process” video you’d see that LP had narrowed it down to 20 remixes from a much larger number, and listened to all of them and gave them a score out of 10 respectively. This guy not only deserved to win, but was far more creative than any of the remixes I heard before his. Show some respect instead of being a jealous troll.

22. girawrlp on July 31, 2010 at 9:23 am

It was a pretty cool remix. Honestly, it’s not my syle of music but I think NoBraiN deserves it. Congrats, Chex!

23. contentsupressed on July 31, 2010 at 9:15 am

Hi.
    Your linkin park player on myspace has a track called “Numb” but instead of “Numb” it is “Bleed it out”.

24. nashjohn on July 31, 2010 at 9:13 am

Hmm , I’m so misunderstood the contest. I supposed to we’re creating a new song. A mix, not remix. So i added guitars,solo,keyboards…
    Now i dont care the contest. Just wondering what are you thinkin’ about my entry Mike?
    Please answer it.

25. betty108 on July 31, 2010 at 9:12 am

Well, he did an amazing job if LP picked him as the winner. I can’t feel anything but joy for the guy. When I saw his reaction of the news, I just smiled. He looked really excited. He deserved it(:

I think David Bonk’s remix was also amazing.

26. asianotter on July 31, 2010 at 9:02 am

Congratulations, NoBraiN! Opportunity of a lifetime!

27. austinlp on July 31, 2010 at 8:52 am

Congratulations!

I enjoyed the mix, but personally, I thought there were quite a few mixes out there that were better. No offense to Czeslaw, but I think it was just too over the top.

Not the remix i would’ve picked, but then again, I’m not hugely famous or in one of the biggest rock groups of all time. I respect your decision Mike, and I can’t wait to hear “The Catalyst” so we can compare the mix to the actual song!

28. sarb25 on July 31, 2010 at 8:31 am

not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but I just stumbled across it for the first time. Thought I would share…

29. Alexandra Nofi on July 31, 2010 at 8:26 am

Congratulations Nobrain!!! Very charming and beautiful mix. I love the intro so much, reminded me instantly of “all your base are belong to us”, but in a good way :D I had not heard Nobrain’s song, so, I had my money on Xefuzion, but, I think Nobrain’s song really deserves the win. Especially if you compare this to the song which was in 1st place by votes, not synced well at all. Great use of the stems too, by the way. Took me a second to really realize it was the stems because it sounded that wonderful.

I swear to god though, going on the LP myspace page and trying to listen to something is like pulling teeth…

30. carloswaldo on July 31, 2010 at 7:55 am

I don’t like it… It’s not a great job, some of the other remixes were much better.

31. pkleck on July 31, 2010 at 7:47 am

Congrats to NoBraiN!

Personally, I didn’t find it all that impressive. There were several that I thought were much better. I felt he overused the glitch-y stutter effect. Not a bad track by any means, but just not what I was expecting.

32. argol8489 on July 31, 2010 at 7:42 am

congratulations NoBraiN!!!… You are a lucky to be among the gods

33. zahralp on July 31, 2010 at 7:10 am

it was crazy lol….i like the part in the beginning where he goes like no no no no no ..lol…. cool English teacher…
    congratulations NoBraiN!!!

ps:my mom was killing over the pre-sale thing i got with my OWN money (i got the Deluxe Box) and i really dont mind what my parents think but my friend asked me what if u didnt like the album!?(shes right i havent heard it ,no one has) but i trusted it to be awesome ,and i still think its gonna be awesome! X)
    hope the new single sounds totally different than what every ones made!
    aug 2th my 18th b-day gift by linkinpark! X)
    take care

34. whitepegacorn on July 31, 2010 at 7:03 am

Hell yeah!
    Very creative, bit too techno for my tastes though. I bet it’ll grow on me.
    Congratulations Czeslaw.

35. harry288 on July 31, 2010 at 7:01 am

First off, I’d like to congratulate NoBraiN for winning the contest! I enjoyed listening to his remix; it was very unique. That said, I’m still a little disappointed because I really wanted Alex McMillan to win this one, his had more emotion and I thought after all he’s done he deserves to have an opportunity to work with you guys :D. However it was Linkin Park’s choice, so I won’t complain any further XD. Hope you have fun working with Chex, and I’ll be looking forward to Monday when the single will be out :D!!

36. westlp on July 31, 2010 at 5:55 am

Hey mike LPAmerican.com found some pics, we were wondering if its from the video “The Catalyst”, please check it out: http://www.lpamerican.com/portal/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2657:fotos-clipe-de-the-catalyst&catid=12:noticias&Itemid=2&lang=pt-br

thanks =D

37. lisaasimpson on July 31, 2010 at 5:53 am

Congrats to the winner!!!

Not my favorite remix.

38. justbiteme9 on July 31, 2010 at 5:48 am

Woah! Well, that’s… unexpected…

Well, congrats to the winner of course.

39. fenix2exe on July 31, 2010 at 5:35 am

congratulation man that so freaking awesome, you got to meet the band man that is so amazing you are one of the luckiest man ever!!!
    LPrulez!!!

40. sammy708 on July 31, 2010 at 5:12 am

I did not expect such a remix to win. It’s a nice work, but not my taste in music. Anyway, congrats NoBrain! I wish my English teacher was as cool as you. Best wishes from Germany!

41. natakusiek on July 31, 2010 at 5:12 am

WOOHOO! polish guy! poland FTW! i will listen to the remix later cuz now i am at school (on a photoshop course).
    shame paweł (zwierz) didn’t win, but still…

42. todraw on July 31, 2010 at 4:14 am

Hi, the remix is nice wished i could’ve competed! ;) next time pls include Switzerland too!!!^^

43. madshell on July 31, 2010 at 4:06 am

uhh… mike i listened to the remix i didnt like it too much… the intro was kinda boring, though the rest was good. i felt like smthing was missing.

but anyway maybe its my taste in music that different from urs. anyway congrats to the winner. cant wait to hear the top 20′s.

i wish i had won it! D; … oh wait im not even a musician in any way xD one more day and then CATALYST!

44. Gurikanwar on July 31, 2010 at 4:02 am

Congrats to Chex first..
    and now..I’d like to say that I’m seriously in a BIG shock..just like ‘SHELMMUSIC’said..its really very strange to have this entry as a winning track..and its just like a same stuff going around all the time..(just like beatbox effect on d whole..sounding like techno) of course a lot of hard work..but still..there are a lot of things incomplete in it..
    and ya..when I was listening to this one..I was waiting all the time that when in the song I’ll get to hear something special stuff..like if it sounds like a winning sound…there were a bunch of tracks which are far better than this one..
    I’m sorry if anybody really feels bad about this..!! bt m @ my point..

45. freqontrol on July 31, 2010 at 4:02 am

Thanks for mentioning us in the video mike!!! i got really excited when you said our name haha. mind posting our myspace when you post the finalist list? http://www.myspace.com/freqontrol :) And congrats to the winner! he did some really cool stuff with his mix

46. lplovei on July 31, 2010 at 3:57 am

Congrats NoBrain and reflectionistbaz your just jealous cuz you want to be that Chex guy right now, admit its true. You can’t say Linkin Park failed cuz probably compared to you, you’re the failure, and they’re a huge success.

47. reflectionistbaz on July 31, 2010 at 3:37 am

U fail LP. I can tell you just let your web-team scroll through the crap and get the first few and call it good. U should listen to more that’s out there such as AnaPHX or me, whatever u just rely on spam and myspace spam. /FAIL on LP’s part. CD’s about to be pressed, “hey web-team pick someone for us.” “okay here’s the number 1-10, pick a number.” U fail.

48. treadstone35 on July 31, 2010 at 3:36 am

BEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER TO ME!
    I’m more proud now, that I come from Poland.
    Remix is great, reminds me ATB’s music, which I was listening to during my childhood :D Congrats to the winner!

49. fatimalp on July 31, 2010 at 3:31 am

awesome remix! so cool :D Congratulations to Czeslaw!

50. blakapa on July 31, 2010 at 3:24 am

Well congs..To the winner …Now Mike … Please watch the whole video and please pay attention to 2:17 ….Can you explain this to us???

51. aninhalp on July 31, 2010 at 3:10 am

Congratulations Czeslaw! The Brazil is happy for you!! :D

52. lizer1231 on July 31, 2010 at 2:37 am

Mike , this is a good moment for us Polish people to ask you to come to our country again. This remix is really nice , and I’m proud to be Polish right now ^^. But again it would be really nice if Linkin Park came to Poland once more.

53. thegluelpfan on July 31, 2010 at 2:06 am

I can tell he’s put a lot of work into it and I just want to say congratulations Chex,you did an amazing job!So now this track goes into the Best Buy edition of the album right?

54. liasey on July 31, 2010 at 1:51 am

Great remix!Congratulations, NoBrain! I want to see the video conversation!

55. gigascythe on July 31, 2010 at 1:45 am

Congratulations, NoBraiN.

56. rdedre on July 31, 2010 at 1:22 am

NoBraiN’s remix is awesome, you really did a right choice by picking him.

So Congratulations Czeslaw! I’m really looking forward to see the video where he gets the good news :D

57. alexrednex on July 31, 2010 at 1:19 am

Pretty good…. I just think some of the vocals part aren’t right for some reason. But very original! and it sounds pretty awesome

58. shelmmusic on July 31, 2010 at 12:52 am

Very strange choice. I listened to a track winner… I never thought it would be such a track. I was expecting a little different sound. Track is good, but he does not track a winner.
    I am somehow disappointed by this choice…

59. bonnie77lp on July 31, 2010 at 12:34 am

I can’t really decide if I like this or not, I will probably need to listen to it a few more times. But congratulations to NoBraiN anyway. I can’t wait till Monday to here the original version of “The Catalyst” I love the sound of the sample of it on the Linkin Park Medal Of Honor Trailer. :)

60. souneik on July 31, 2010 at 12:31 am

Gotta get up in 4. Listen Later. Congrats NoBrain!

61. frequentc on July 31, 2010 at 12:26 am

Hope sucks.

62. atreides13 on July 31, 2010 at 12:24 am

I’m so excited this contest allowed Chex to shine. CONGRATS MAN!!!!! Beautiful work.

63. coliinreiid on July 31, 2010 at 12:21 am

Congratulations!

64. buffon4eg on July 31, 2010 at 12:08 am

amazing remix,congratulations to NoBraiN

65. evanselle on July 31, 2010 at 12:08 am

I dont understand your choice! It”s the the worst remix I”ve ever heard. I am dissapointed…

66. Parker on July 31, 2010 at 12:03 am

Congrats to my compatriot from Poland! ;) SO happy for ya! I hope you will tell us about it :D

67. evelka on July 30, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Sooo… I can say that Poland rulez :D
    Internet voting won zwieR.Z. and now you guys have chosen another Pole as a winner :D I’m very proud of them.
    GREETS FROM POLAND! :)

68. slowlearner32 on July 30, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Well…actually I haven’t heard the remix yet. It must be a cool remix because LP picked it up…But I still can’t understand why you didn’t choose Alex’s one…the most stylish one…

69. Michael Gonzalez on July 30, 2010 at 11:13 pm

Congrats, but it’s too techno for me. I didn’t really feel the energy or emotion with it. Plus, he didn’t even include Chester’s vocals.

Anyways, congrats to him and can’t wait for the album.

-Mike

70. legnahidden on July 30, 2010 at 11:08 pm

great! congratulations to NoBraiN!!!!! really cool mix! very robotic! very pro mix, excellent! it’s a true remix!!

Nice!! best wishes for you guys!!!

71. lerrywerner on July 30, 2010 at 11:06 pm

I am disappointed at your choice, it is very strange choice, this track obviously loses to the other!
    The remix of David Bonk is still the best, really high-quality professional work.
    I’m disappointed.

72. minuteforce on July 30, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Chex mix.

Omnomnomnom. :3

73. sunshine602 on July 30, 2010 at 11:04 pm

I`m so disappointed…

74. thomasprime on July 30, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Good remix. Hope you guys heard mine. Even though you have already chosen a winner, still good to know you at least heard my entry. I worked very hard on it. Defintley heartbreaking hearing the news but i’m sure Chex deserves it. Thanx Mike and can’t wait to hear the new album.Sure it’s going to be great. Here it is for anybody interested. http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/26071

75. gaganlp on July 30, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Congratulations Chex

76. Julian on July 30, 2010 at 10:42 pm

so techno, not my type of music but it’s cool

77. widya rahayu on July 30, 2010 at 10:41 pm

WOW! The contest winner finally! CONGRATULATIONS CHEX! Prepare yourself for the amazing prize! I’m proud to be an LP fan. Today i’m turning 32 (oh dear), by this age i hope LP will be proud of me too ^_^ (‘The Catalyst’ will come out on the fasting month/ Ramadhan..woww..must be a good sign)

78. tiuwtiuwi1775 on July 30, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Congratulations Chex!!!!

79. cezar6lp on July 30, 2010 at 10:39 pm

congrats NoBrain!
    really nice remix! :)

Ps.: I hope to be in the top 20 XD

80. evooba on July 30, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Whoa! The remix actually sounds really cool! Congrats to Chex!!! :D Thx for doing this contest! It was awesome :)

81. alust86 on July 30, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Love the mix that guy done an amazing job on it.. It’s also something i would like to hear on the new album.. Well Done ;)

82. thepixelpod on July 30, 2010 at 10:32 pm

really like it :D
    but the first 50 seconds :/…

the rest is so good :D

83. Olla Chaz on July 30, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Congratulations to the winner.
    And congratulations to you guys for having him as the winner. I believe it’s not an easy decision because many of those remixes sound great as well! :)

84. EpicLinkinPark on July 30, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Congrats Chex!!!
    You did an awesome job and I wish you the best!
    Also, Mike, thanks again for you guys to do this contest, I greatly appreciate this contest, it was awesome!
    Best Wishes,
    Kate

85. shugahcolby on July 30, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Yo congrats dude. :)

86. linkinparkette on July 30, 2010 at 10:23 pm

its pretty cool :)

87. linkinparkclub1 on July 30, 2010 at 10:21 pm

88. spraypaintninkpens on July 30, 2010 at 10:19 pm

It definitely fits the techno vibe of the song. Yikes.

89. lpfmfan on July 30, 2010 at 10:18 pm

whoa that’s so cool, congratulations! :D

90. gnaa93 on July 30, 2010 at 10:17 pm