OPENideo

August 9, 2010

I like good design, and I like people who want to make the world a better place…OPENideo bills themselves as the place “where people design better, together.”  Sounds good to me.

Check out http://openideo.com/

1. gheistxanimus on October 27, 2010 at 12:40 pm

THUNDEROFANGELS seems to missing the fact that there is only so much people can take on at once,especially with the rate of these disasters occuring,as I’ve said in another post.These disasters require more of a global effort on everyone’s part to help out.But due to the world we live in,that’s a bit unrealistic.As for this OpenIDEO,I’d like to find out some more about it.I do wonder as to what problems they intend to solve,it takes more than a creative mind to fix most of the large ones affecting most of society these days.Sorry,I’m being a little pessimistic.Honestly,any effort is good.I do have a prob with the D.Q.You shouldn’t score people on efforts to make the world better.

2. fekenji on August 12, 2010 at 8:17 am

s2 I’m Design because of you ♥

3. tiinel on August 12, 2010 at 7:54 am

Art you might like Mike(hey that rhymes):

4. thunderofangels on August 11, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Music for Relief has been really silent about the recent naturals disasters in Eurasia (5000 deaths in Russia with pollution, 1200 deaths in Pakistan with floods, 1200 deaths in China with mudslides…).
    Do you guys plan to get involved, or help in any way ?

5. yun on August 11, 2010 at 1:10 pm

this post could not but make me think about http://hitrecord.org a project by actor Joseph Gordon Lewitt (‘500 days of summer’ and the brand new ‘Inception’): he started this community where everyone can partecipate, adjust, start new videos or music compositions, or collaborate with others to make better what has already been done in the past.
    he explains everything way better than me on the site, check it out!

it’s a pretty cool initiative actually, web 2.0 is taking over the world!!

6. kalyankallu on August 11, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Linkin park
    started its journey lyk a spark
    but now turned into large ark
    its music made my lyf have a important bookmark
    everytym gives energy lyk ßite of a sharK
    Finally without it my lyf would be darK……..

7. neoshida on August 11, 2010 at 9:14 am

Omaigosh… I know it’s a little too late but I had an accident recently and broke my left lower limb. Untill recently I discharged from ward and make this remix of The Catalyst. It’s not for the competition because my country are not accepted for the remix challenge (Malaysia). By the way, here is my remix is anyone care to listen.. Sob sob.. T_T

8. pkleck on August 11, 2010 at 6:18 am

This sounds really cool. Definitely bookmarking the site to check out later!

9. andreas215 on August 11, 2010 at 3:00 am

Hey check this out!

10. linkinparkclub1 on August 10, 2010 at 4:20 pm

11. thegluelpfan on August 10, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I’ve always liked the idea of people working together on solving various problems and situations.I think it’s a good option because you can hear criticism and that not only helps you build up your own ideas but it helps the progress of resolving problems.So that looks pretty interesting to me.

12. hahngasmic on August 10, 2010 at 1:08 pm

I meant *luck sorry😛

13. hahngasmic on August 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Hey Mike.
    About two weeks ago I ordered a pair of MSDC Xander 2009 from BandMerch. One day later I got my e-mail with the shipping confirmation, saying that the order had been shipped the 26th of July. The merchandise takes 4-10 days to get here, seen that it’s an international shipment. Twelve days later, still no news of the shoes and the number that was given to me to track my order isn’t valid. I contacted the guys from BandMerch but nothing.
    I’m pretty much helpless right now, so I’d appreciate very much any info or help you could possibly give me about this.
    Thanks, congrats with The Catalyst and good look with A Thousand Suns.🙂

– Juliana

14. lode1989 on August 10, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Sounds good to me to!!

15. EpicLinkinPark on August 10, 2010 at 12:35 pm

This was very cool, I really like this idea!
    Spacevolt: I was just going to mention Joseph’s HitRECord.org thing as well. This is very similar and I agree with you.
    Mike:Thanks for sharing this, it was very cool! Hope all is well, take care :]
    Kate

16. Alexandra Nofi on August 10, 2010 at 9:14 am

I like the concept, I might check the website out later, BUT, I do not like how the guy in the commercial is talking to us like we are flippin’ babies in preschool. I don’t use that baby tone when I work with my students, and I haven’t met a fellow teacher who does! It’s just such a turn-off.

Regardless, I’m sure the website is probably fine, for the most part. I can see the “internet trolls” rubbing their hands together waiting for a moment to shoot down someone’s good idea. (I don’t doubt there are rules on the site about that, I just hate internet drama).

17. Pablo-K on August 10, 2010 at 6:37 am

Claro, conformar algo más que la suma de las partes…

18. bigbadxandro on August 10, 2010 at 6:06 am

NIce! who build this site?hehehe

19. lplovei on August 10, 2010 at 4:52 am

Gimme a second I’m still thinking… yup This is pretty cool🙂

20. ymnm820 on August 10, 2010 at 4:44 am

That is too cool!
    Pictures are cute(´ω`)

21. orionwong on August 10, 2010 at 3:42 am

Mike,
    I’m So happy to hear that you like me! and i like you too.^^
    Thank god that i got this fascinating link. Its gonna be my homepage. I was thinking about global warming, war and energy crisis those things when i watch the vdo. D’you have any idea yet? will you post on it? Im so curious about what u think!
    Thx for the link btw. Lets love our planet, and make it a better place!=D
    Orion

22. madshell on August 10, 2010 at 3:33 am

nice! thanks for the info.

23. evooba on August 10, 2010 at 3:19 am

Seems like a pretty cool and interesting idea. Thx for sharing Mike😉

24. 3infinity on August 10, 2010 at 3:17 am

I just hope that sites that are actually usefull like this one beat the crappy ones like twitter and facebook

25. stingerlp on August 10, 2010 at 3:02 am

Pretty good idea. This could be something that awaits all of us in the future. But surely it’s far from its perfect now. Time will show.

BTW, Mike, if you like a good design, what do you think about LPCrimea.com design? I’m really trying know your personal opinion about it, not to spam.

26. kaoripo on August 10, 2010 at 2:01 am

I thought we have to do something for better world. From now on, we can enjoy doing something for better world. Thanks for nice info!

27. aninhalp on August 10, 2010 at 1:38 am

if not try to make the world a better place, what’s left for our children?

28. zahralp on August 10, 2010 at 1:29 am

that sounds awesome!!
    a very good idea!…
    well ya the world does needs more of that rioichi4..
    and we shouldnt be the ones waiting for it .we need to be the ones starting somthing to make the world a better place…X)
    thanx 4 the post mike🙂

29. erikanisikawa on August 10, 2010 at 1:23 am

絵がかわいい!This animation pictures are cute!

30. spacevolt on August 10, 2010 at 12:37 am

this is almost like joseph gordon-levitt’s hitRECord.org but on a more evangelistic level

31. scatteredtx on August 9, 2010 at 11:44 pm

That is too cool, it’s really just very awesome. People from all walks of life, a wide variety of ages and cultures coming together to tackle problems? Perfect, there will be difficulties but kinks can always be worked out😀 Thanks for sharing that Mike, I might have to send that link off to my old Design professor, this is just awe-inspiring in its own way. I love it! Makes me excited about what the future holds for humanity – what kind of new outlooks on solutions will rise from this?! Oh the power of technology! /end spew of exhausted ramble

32. linkinbabe112 on August 9, 2010 at 11:37 pm

hey Mike sorry for putting irrelevant stuff here but im pretty sure LP fans worldwide really want to get updated to the Catalyst video shoot: could you post on here some pics from the shoot, like on new divide session last year? i mean through the pics we can help out promote for you guys too…. thanks ly❤😀

33. shini01 on August 9, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Yes, with good ideas and will, we can, the power of design and creativity is TOO BIG! haha, really it’s a powerful weapon to overcome social problems.

Thanks for sharing the information Mike n.n

34. Fetus Borat on August 9, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Oh wow, cool.

35. betty108 on August 9, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Interesting.

36. guadab on August 9, 2010 at 9:32 pm

con buenas ideas y voluntad si se pude.

37. slowlearner32 on August 9, 2010 at 9:30 pm

So you mean LP is using this kind of methods to create amazing songs? Sounds reasonable!

38. rioichi4 on August 9, 2010 at 9:30 pm

I think the world needs more of that

39. Julian on August 9, 2010 at 9:19 pm