Relief Effort in Pakistan

August 17, 2010

I need to take a quick break from LP/ATS press / promo to give you guys a heads-up on a new Music For Relief effort.

Monsoon rains have caused the worst flooding in Pakistan in 80 years.  20 million people have been affected – more than the number of people affected by the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, and the 2010 Haiti earthquake combined.
With their homes and livestock destroyed, millions of families have had their lives turned upside down.  Displaced families are camping on roadsides.  Many lack shelter, food, and clean water.

MFR is partnering with the UN Refugee Agency to help provide shelter and life-saving aid to millions of people in need. Our goal is to reach and serve 560,000 survivors, but we need your ongoing support.

Here are two ways you can help:
Make a donation to help victims of the Pakistan Floods today. Go to www.musicforrelief.org/donate to make a contribution.  100% of your donations will help survivors in Pakistan; MFR is matching individual donations up to $10,000 for this recovery effort.

Or support MFR’s Pakistan Flood Relief on Socialvibe.com.  Go to http://www.socialvibe.com/musicforrelief and complete the activities.  Even if you are unable to make a financial donation, you can help those affected by the Floods on Socialvibe.com.

Once you’ve taken action, please share your support of MFR for the Pakistan Floods on Facebook, Twitter or forward this email to friends and family and ask them to do the same.

(image credit: AP)

1. saadahmedawan on September 23, 2012 at 5:57 am

IAM A PAKISTANI AND PROUD TO BE ONE. alot of appreciation for LINKIN PARK. and i can tell my freinds proudly about this that my favourite band LINKIN PARK have done such a great great great thing. LINKIN PARK we love u we are with u
    another thing WHY dont u have a concert here live in pakistan

Shinoda:
    Test my will, test my heart
    Let me tell you how the odds gonna stack up
    Y’all go hard, I go smart
    How’s it working out for y’all in the back, huh?
    I’ve seen that frustration
    Been crossed and lost and told no
    And I’ve come back, unshaken
    Let down I’ve lived and let go

2. morrane on August 28, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Mike me from Pakistan…………….Thnkx for this effort Mike really happy………….you have such a big heart. I’d like to see some others acting like you. LOTS OF LOVE FROM PAKISTAN…………..LP U ROCK…………………………

3. raulmahshid on August 23, 2010 at 12:33 am

thank u mike4your help.eventhough i’m shiite but it’s our brotherhood duty to help them.some people struggle is to show islam in wrong way but we can see in the wars that islam have a lot of enemies and I know all lp fans are judicious people and want to donate.no problem having mony or not the important is their good faith.mahshid

4. linkinparkclub1 on August 20, 2010 at 6:10 pm

5. aravind221 on August 20, 2010 at 9:33 am

Mike

we people from India will show our support for it for sure🙂

6. counter17 on August 19, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Guys

Check out this T pain version of CATALYST
    “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxPWdLrU64”

7. izleindirmeden on August 19, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Beylikdüzü Sohbet

8. counter17 on August 19, 2010 at 11:20 am

Mike,,,,
    and other fans..
    what the hell is goin on with Linkin Park usin autotune
    and that LP has same song structure etc….

its disturbing…

don’t use autotune….

9. bigbadxandro on August 19, 2010 at 8:08 am

oh my God! I hope soon they will recover……

10. zzaacc on August 19, 2010 at 3:54 am

Congrats on being short 900k short of 11 million fans in facebook!!!! You deffinately need to promote the music for relief fan page. Each post only gets 2 or 3 replies. A great organization like this should be getting a more. Iv been promoting the group as much as I can (on my facebook paget and other forums) but if it is promoted on facebook by LP’s page it would deffinately get more attention. Great organization😀

11. michaelpoda on August 19, 2010 at 12:09 am

its time to forgive our enemy… i hope someday before in the of the world.. we can reach that god teach to us.. god of one god of all.. its only one… i dont believe but i believe the human make here self act as evil.. help our brother muslim that suffer and sorrow..

12. Alexandra Nofi on August 18, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Perhaps, similar to but not exactly like Haiti, this disaster, however sad and unfortunate it may be, will allow the US and other counties to extend some olive branches to not just Pakistanis, but the Middle East in general. Hopefully, people will stop thinking “terrorists” because of what has happened. I can think of the exact opposite of how some racists would react, and I think we can all use our common sense and imaginations in that regard.

As far as those saying they are Indian, but willing to help anyways, that’s like saying, “I’m a different race than them, but, I’ll help”. I’m not fond of pompous superficiality. Pakistanis, are human beings.

13. argol8489 on August 18, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Images like this remind you of today’s world … full of misery and suffering … but also to see that there are people who want to help and relieve some pain. Of course I will bring and from where I wish with all my heart that will soon find peace and comfort all those who are living this tragedy. mike thank you very much for sharing this. relax a lot and hope that your body and mind have a good rest.

14. orionwong on August 18, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Pakistan flood aid isn’t flowing: “The Red Cross says it needs $16 million to provide aid to the Pakistan flood victims (and that number may soon double). As of August 18, 2010, they have received only $9.6 million.”

15. A Place for Release on August 18, 2010 at 2:11 pm

always a shame to see such news on Tv and it always too bad.
    To publish this post yet posted on my blog so more people see and contribute

I hope that help!

16. thegluelpfan on August 18, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I’ve been watching CNN today,like almost all day following what’s going on…so much devastation this year…Haiti and now this.I’m going to help through SovialVibe for now but when I have some money I’ll donate.I’ll also spread the word across.My thoughts go out to the victims…I really really hope that people will open their hearts once again and help.

17. coco42 on August 18, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Thank you for your help, Mike! Pakistan really needs our help at this critical moment. Linkin Park has a large fan following in Pakistan, many of whom must be affected by these floods. One in 9 of all Pakistanis are affected by the floods! More than 15 million people are suffering… Five times more than the number affected by the Haiti earthquake. Thank you for spreading the word, and I hope other artists follow your example!

18. ellzworth on August 18, 2010 at 10:57 am

These efforts are great but I REALLY think we should help out our neighborhoods, local art and music programs and just about everything that’s lacking support today.
    Helping out Pakistan is great but who’s going to help us?

19. souneik on August 18, 2010 at 8:49 am

Aww Look at that mischievous expression on lil mans face… I get some money next week. I’ll help out then, but I’m poor an useless right now. I can probably help build you guys build houses though. …You know not literally with you, I’m not awake yet! Wait..How do your Music for Relief helpers get to the houses? Hmm…

20. austinlp on August 18, 2010 at 7:42 am

Every time I think you guys are gods, you prove that you’re human too.
    definitely going to help out any way I can.

21. jagta on August 18, 2010 at 5:01 am

It’s in our hands how to save the Mother nature. Plant tress.

22. fatimalp on August 18, 2010 at 4:52 am

this is really sad…too much natural disasters. it’s important to help and it’s great that you guys doing it with MFR. Thanks! I’ve already got the e-mail from MFR about that and did the activity on socialvibe, will try to donate & ask my friends to do it!

23. lpswati on August 18, 2010 at 4:31 am

OMG Maiku… even I didn’t know this news about my neighboring country😦 Its sad how the disasters are takin’ away tolls of lives…😦
    But, its REALLY REALLY good to see a band member taking efforts for the same….
    Respect for u in my heart is ever increasing… and approahes to infinity🙂
    Thanks Mike, for all your efforts and hardwork so as to help the needy…
    Well, I’m not working, so can’t think to donate anything… So, all I can do is to pray!!!
    Again, thanks so much Maiku..🙂
    WITH LOVE, FROM INDIA🙂 :):)

24. lplovei on August 18, 2010 at 4:11 am

I’m not 14 so I can’t do the socialvibe thing, and I don’t wanna lie. But I really do wanna help all those people. So here’s another kinda way: Go to freerice.com. You answer easy questions on almost any topic. With every question you get right the company send 10 grams of rice to people all around the world. I don’t know if they send some to Pakistan but they probably do. Plus you can practice your German there Mike🙂

25. khuramm on August 18, 2010 at 2:26 am

mike i really appreciate your efforts for us. i m a pakistani although not affected by the flood at all. i m safe.
    n i do appreciate MFR work as well.
    u guys rockk..!!
    waiting for the thousand suns to be released.🙂

26. liasey on August 18, 2010 at 1:10 am

MFR deserves great admiration.

27. hbutt7 on August 18, 2010 at 12:42 am

Mike a big thank you to you that you are trying to help us. I’m from Pakistan and very fortunate that I live in a city that is safe from this flood. I can’t imagine having to leave my home and spend even a night out in the open while the affected have to live without food or clean water.

A thank you to everyone who is donating.

28. zahralp on August 18, 2010 at 12:27 am

its the worst thing that could have happened to that poor country
    …i really shiver when i see its getting worser by the minute ,
    thanx u soo much 4 the info
    i will be sure to get as much ppl i can on the project!
    and my self i’m just donating 113 dollars …my dad had this thing with me for getting me ur pre-sale deluxe box (a thousand suns) he wouldn’t let me pay 4 it he made me a deal of paying it for me and me spending the same amount of money(my money)4 donation and i think this is the best way X) lol(very ironic)

29. anaphx on August 18, 2010 at 12:01 am

I hope people would stop seeing Pakistan as the evil-muslim-country.

There are innocent people dying because some of the western civilisation don’t react as fast as they did for Haiti.

This is so heartbreaking and maybe you could do another Download To Donate thing for Pakistan.
    Thanks Mike, MFR and all the people who have donated and spread the word

30. slowlearner32 on August 17, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I’ll do what I can do for them no matter how tiny it may be.

31. janashinoda on August 17, 2010 at 10:40 pm

this is one of the thing that I admire of you guys the most. I will help in any way possible as others did when an Earthquacke seriously damaged my county that you also helped. Deeply thankfull for that 4real.
    for anyone else who read this Chile still needs help for anyone else that can help http://www.citypulse.cc/porchile/

32. antigonilp on August 17, 2010 at 10:33 pm

It’s really important to help them and it’s great that people like you, Mike aware us about those matters. We are all humans. We have to help. Needless to say that I’ll go right now to make a contribution.

33. alex1120 on August 17, 2010 at 10:30 pm

you have such a big heart. I’d like to see some others acting like you.

34. evooba on August 17, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I’ve been watching what has been going on over there with the floods on the news for quite some time now. It’s really sad and devastating but I think we can do it. I’ve already done the activity on socialvibe and I’ll try to help with every other way possible😉

Isn’t it crazy how earth has changed over the past few years? I mean yes, there’re always natural disasters but not in this rate. Seems like that each country has its own; for example the floods, hurricanes, fires etc. WE must take serious action soon or else who knows what will happen.

35. smoshee on August 17, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I would like to Thank Linkin Park for their Support. Its nice to see your concern to help the less fortunate in the world. Truly u are more than just the best Band in the world..🙂 Kudos on your work.

36. EpicLinkinPark on August 17, 2010 at 10:10 pm

This is so terrible. There has been so many disasters, I agree. I wish there was one button that can be pushed and everything will be alright. Glad there are programs like this to make a change and help. Thanks Mike and LP for being a part of humanity. You guys are such blessed people, you know that. I know you probably hear this alot, but it’s true. You guys deserve the best, I have never seen a band who has been so dedicated to their music, fans and humanity. Good luck to your future projects and I can’t wait for A Thousand Suns.
    Best Wishes,
    Kate

37. zonaheera on August 17, 2010 at 10:08 pm

I’ve put the socialvibe MFR icon on my literature blog, hopefully this can help make people more aware about it.🙂

Despite being (half) Indian as well, as there’s a similar problem, I’m glad that you guys are willing to help those in need in Pakistan. Especially in this natural disaster case. I would love to donate to MFR for this disaster, but apparently it’s through paypal, and since I’m under 18 years I can’t..😦

Talking about helping others in need, I’ll be helping for habitat for humanity in Yunnan as a volunteer school trip in november! We’ll be building houses for this poor region. Can’t wait!🙂

38. kathyxx on August 17, 2010 at 9:49 pm

This is awful. I cant believe there’s this many disasters this year.

39. Aditya_the_warrior_within on August 17, 2010 at 9:45 pm

that is bad. will surely help despite being an indian (where both the countries have severe issues) not the fault of innocent ppl because of some useless creatures