The Catalyst / LP Stats

August 21, 2010

Phoenix and I just landed in London today, and got an email with some great bits of Linkin Park news for you guys…check this out:

www.facebook.com/linkinPark

– Went from four million in April 2010 to ELEVEN million today

The Catalyst (US)

– First #1 debut in history of Billboard Rock Songs chart

– #1 at Modern Rock radio

– #1 Most Added at Alternative, Active Rock, and Mainstream Rock Radio (upon release)

Linkin Park – The Catalyst / Medal Of Honor video:

– #1 most viewed video on all of Youtube, worldwide, upon release

…Thanks to everyone for supporting the new song and album.ย  A Thousand Suns is coming soon…

1. jagta on August 27, 2010 at 2:56 pm

I love the way you guys evolve everytime you have a new album coming out. Lots of fans love it, lots don’t. But I love the way your doing because I think your the only band that I listen to that every album has a different sound. There’s really like, uniqueness of LP. Thanks to you guys.

2. thegluelpfan on August 26, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I’m pretty sure you can beat Lady Gaga on Facebook๐Ÿ˜› Congrats on the great stats (not that I’m surprised).I think the album is going to do just as great.

3. [[bondiebluesy]] on August 25, 2010 at 9:22 pm

LP IS THE BEST..
    visit our shop at http://www.rockligion.tk

4. lpuelite on August 24, 2010 at 7:53 am

Dear Mike,
    My name is Suneet and I’m from Mumbai,India.I have been following Linkin Park since Hybrid Theory and am one of your biggest fans.LP’s music has really been an inspiration to me and I shall always be indebted to you guys for the great gift of your music.I write you this message unsure of whether you will read this but hoping that you do. For this is a desperate plea by me and almost every other LP fan I know in my circle. I introduced LP and its music to so many of my friends and each and every one of them have been fans ever since.

5. linkinparktjejen on August 23, 2010 at 12:46 pm

You guys deserve it so much! You are THE BEST, always and forever!!! Keep it up and I’ll see U in Denmark!!

Much love

– Linda

6. dianalpfan on August 23, 2010 at 11:50 am

Yeah!!!:)
    Linkin Park,you rulezzz๐Ÿ˜€
    Can’t wait for A Thousand Suns!

7. jaychou123 on August 23, 2010 at 8:56 am

mike, i heard on lplive.net that the preorder tickets are SOLD OUT and somehow a password leaked out.

8. sepiamike09 on August 23, 2010 at 8:40 am

I wish I could listen more! Great jobs!!

9. kidadot0 on August 23, 2010 at 6:12 am

Mike, why haven’t LPU NYC members received any emails regarding the NYC show presale that’s going on RIGHT NOW? I’m a current member of LPU, plus I preordered the Deluxed Fan Edition Box Set AND I preorded the LPUX annual membership, and…NOTHING! This is terribly executed…

10. crimsonkei on August 23, 2010 at 5:27 am

i cant wait for this album. i cant stop watching that video of blackout. i’ve preordered the album now all i can do is wait. but i have a question. i have recieved the email that i am able to buy tickets earlier than those who have not preordered the album. but when i click the link it sends me to the page to preorder the album again. will their be another email or something to buy the tickets directly? or maybe im just blind. i wanna go so badly to the NY show. 3 amazing things happen that day. halo reach release(unrelated but still awesome), a thousand suns album release of course, and even a show in my city! this decade is ending with one the best albums ever! hope you can read this. =D

11. thapoet on August 23, 2010 at 2:36 am

Congratz LP!!! On top form as always. as standard!! Btw Mike I think I have found the female version to your Catalyst Video!!! Haha!! Check it out!

12. daywid7 on August 23, 2010 at 12:48 am

Hi Mike! Check out my guitar cover version of ‘The Catalyst’!๐Ÿ™‚ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0yEXuVXlQ

13. TeaJazzUs on August 22, 2010 at 8:38 pm

This ain’t no surprise! Congrats for touching such new heights! A thousand Suns is gonna be the true linkin park sound that I ve been waiting for. I m glad yu guys have finally found ur true music self!!
    Love yu and waiting for yu guys to come to INDIA for a TOUR! Hope to see Yu real soon

Hugs and Kisses (And all the love in the world)
    Tejaswi
    Mumbai City
    India

14. simona93 on August 22, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Oh, you deserve all these nice first places๐Ÿ™‚ Believe me that I wouldn’t support you, Linkin Park, The Catalyst and A Thousand Suns so strongly if I wouldn’t be completely crazy about it๐Ÿ˜‰ (and I know that there’s at least one mistake in the previous sentence but I’m Czech and it’s 2:20 AM here so I don’t give a sparkle). I also saw the FB Making Of The Catalyst video and it seems like it will be EPIC! I simply can’t wait =)

15. linkinparkette on August 22, 2010 at 1:52 pm

that is awesome. i just my rock station played the new lp song๐Ÿ˜ฆ

16. bananagabbana on August 22, 2010 at 1:47 pm

hell yeah!!! can’t wait for A Thousand Suns and LPU X !!!

17. gtpbabe on August 22, 2010 at 12:34 pm

That’s totally killer to hear..I’ve been tossing it all over the place in my area,got it playing on a local radio station,hit my facebook buddies with it,all my car friends,everyone I know to help lift LP up.
    Good to know you guys are killing it..way to go everyone!

18. cincybmxlpfreak on August 22, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Very cool!๐Ÿ˜€ 8)

19. mauriceloeff on August 22, 2010 at 11:16 am

Yey!!!

Happy to hear this news! It’s always so exiting to learn what the new release does!!!

The Catalyst is a song that really keeps growing on you and I think that’s a very clever achievement when you’ve been around as a band for so long now with such an broad fanbase.

I’m sure that ATS will do the same for us and for you guys of course. I can’t wait to hear it and will love the heck out of it!

Rock on!

20. widya rahayu on August 22, 2010 at 9:34 am

Alhamdulillah.. Hope everything going on will motivates LP to keep on being yourself and you guys will always stay humble and friendly in expressing your creativity, amin. i’m still working on my drawings and planning to paint Joe soon.

21. aravind221 on August 22, 2010 at 9:05 am

” quote ”

Mike shinoda

– First #1 debut in history of Billboard Rock Songs chart

– #1 at Modern Rock radio

– #1 most viewed video on all of Youtube, worldwide, upon release

Yo mike these things are pre known mike๐Ÿ˜€ we knew these Things would already happen , and enjoy ur stay in London and be prepared for the Birmingham gig we r Make it a memorable one๐Ÿ™‚

enjoy the stay in London๐Ÿ™‚ , regards to phil too

22. luki9875 on August 22, 2010 at 9:02 am

very good glad to read that mike. just wait until the video comes out. number 1 all over๐Ÿ™‚

23. rockford2010 on August 22, 2010 at 8:25 am

I knew it would b awesome,my frnz told me its not lp like n its sux….n i told them to go to hell,now whuz laughing,eh?
    love u lp,love u mike,love u chester,love u brad, phoenix, rob n joe..
    n joe,thanx fr the awesome upcomin video,seems awesome

24. Pablo-K on August 22, 2010 at 7:22 am

nothing… is LP

25. zahralp on August 22, 2010 at 6:51 am

oh ya !!XD

mike dude i need to tell u somthing..the new lpux is a total blow off i cant pay that much and its not like linkinpark will ever come to my country i’ve been in lpu for 3 years man i really dont want to not renew but i cant afford to if u guys dont do anything about the price…and why did u guys take the t-shirts and the cool stuff away?!?!
    i’m not the only one thats both mad and sad about this big change go look at the comments on lpu”s last news ….

26. lode1989 on August 22, 2010 at 6:23 am

What are two doing in London?
    And congrats!!

27. zetya hardez on August 22, 2010 at 5:35 am

Congratulations!๐Ÿ˜€

28. zara19lp on August 22, 2010 at 4:30 am

Congratulations!Im very impressed.

I wish you would have told us you were coming over to England, I could have thrown you a welcoming party.

We would have loved a listening party too.

29. Hell_enia on August 22, 2010 at 4:22 am

Greece loves u too ya know … Come visit us :-))

30. ohfion on August 22, 2010 at 3:41 am

Can’t wait!๐Ÿ˜€

31. aninhalp on August 22, 2010 at 2:33 am

No need to thank us Mike. We’re grateful to Linkin Park for blessing us with wonderful music and videos.๐Ÿ˜‰

32. jagta on August 22, 2010 at 2:00 am

Holy! Mike! I was there in London two weeks ago! argh!argh! Huhuhu!I’m the unlucky human being who missed YOU in London! aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!…I’m goin’ crazy!(needtofindmypill)

33. evooba on August 22, 2010 at 1:06 am

Hey no need to be surprised guys. Linkin Park has the best fans right?๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m so proud to be one of them…Congrats again and I can’t wait for the album and The Catalyst’s video! I saw the making of on facebook! Sooo cool! The color fight was awesome!๐Ÿ˜€

Anyways, have fun in London! It’s so awesome there, my fave city in the world

34. dani on August 22, 2010 at 12:15 am

Felicidades Mike!
    Gran trabajo, les deseo la mayor de las suertes con el nuevo trabajo, estoy segura de que tendra muy buenos resultados, la gente sabra apreciar y valorar los aรฑos de dedicacion que han puesto en esto =D
    Saludos a todos, nos vemos๐Ÿ™‚

35. Julian on August 21, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Good job, I hope the song will top more charts after the release of the music video. Mike you looked so cool in there, who picked the idea of your hoodie?

36. Olla Chaz on August 21, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Hey there, Samurai!

Why am I not surprised? I am not being a fan for nothing!๐Ÿ™‚
    Congrats anyway.
    For the umpteenth time, you guys rule!

OC.

37. my4okfanlp on August 21, 2010 at 11:28 pm

This is great! the whole world is watching releases new material from you, Mike.
    I am happy that I live in a time with such a great group! You can count on our support in the Internet and your concerts! it is our duty:)

38. gaganlp on August 21, 2010 at 11:20 pm

congrats you guys deserve it ..LP FOREVEER

39. fatimalp on August 21, 2010 at 10:58 pm

woohoo awesome!! congrats!๐Ÿ˜€
    have a good time in London!๐Ÿ˜‰

40. antigonilp on August 21, 2010 at 10:11 pm

OH MY JEEZ! Amazing!!!! I’m so proud of you guys!!! Have fun in london๐Ÿ˜‰

41. souneik on August 21, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Yea…. I already knew that was gonna happen. All of it.. LOL
    So….What did you get into in Germany?

42. lpswati on August 21, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Oh wow… that’s gr8 Maiku๐Ÿ™‚ I’m doing my best to spread the #ATS word๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ™‚

43. chester003 on August 21, 2010 at 7:36 pm

guys, it’s not going to be like this without your effort and dedication to music you make, to yourself (the band)to strive harder, and to the fans (including me!๐Ÿ˜€ ) who always support you in everything that you do… we all deserve this! cheers to chester, mike, rob, brad, joe, phoenix! rick and all the staff.. mabuhay linkin park!

James CHESTERโ„ข

44. abbykulyde on August 21, 2010 at 7:30 pm

yay! LP FTW!!๐Ÿ˜€ i’m soo excited to hear ATS… have a great time in London..

45. melbapinckney on August 21, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Mike, you’re so very welcome. We wouldn’t be doing all this if, we didn’t love LP. It help too, because you guys are so amazing and good. This LP stats is great news and Thanks for letting us know.

46. hawklp on August 21, 2010 at 7:26 pm

WooW great news๐Ÿ˜€ LP RULESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wish you could also give a visit to our f***ed up country, Iran๐Ÿ˜ฆ

47. djmoonx3 on August 21, 2010 at 7:15 pm

You guys deserve even more than that.
    Lets face it. The Catalyst is epic.
    It’s completely original (lke hybrid theory/meteora) but has lots of quality (minutes to midnight) in it.

Great job guys. No. Not great job. Wonderful job, Mike, Brad, Chester, Rob, Joe, and Pheonix.๐Ÿ˜€

48. Aditya_the_warrior_within on August 21, 2010 at 6:47 pm

awesome!๐Ÿ˜€

49. markdfarris on August 21, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Well deserved you guys! Enjoy London

50. lplovei on August 21, 2010 at 6:24 pm

You’re welcome! I knew you guys would do great, besides what else could you expect from Linkin Park. You’re awesome!! These five days are killing me. I can’t wait.๐Ÿ™‚

51. spraypaintninkpens on August 21, 2010 at 4:59 pm

The Catalyst is not rock. Hopefully ATS will sound nothing like TC.

52. thomasbrablec on August 21, 2010 at 4:53 pm

This is amazing. Seriously guys, have you ever seen any page on FaceBook grow that much that quickly? I haven’t in the past three years of using it. I’m really happy for the whole Linkin Park community and how it helps build relationships and helps people all over the world!
    Linkin Park for life, I hope that one day I will be able to meet you in person or at least go to one of your shows.

53. vanexylpcolombia on August 21, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Amazing!!! You are #1 in our hearts!!
    Greetings from COLOMBIA! PLEASE COME!!

54. EpicLinkinPark on August 21, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I am so proud of you guys! You guys deserve the best!
    The Catalyst is such a amazing song, not only musical, but lyrically. You guys continue to amaze me, I wish you guys nothing but the best and congrats on your success. God Bless.
    Keep up the wonderful work and I can’t wait for the video! and of course the Album :]
    Hope all is well with you Mike and the rest of Linkin Park.
    Take Care,
    Kate

55. nillp on August 21, 2010 at 4:20 pm

you guys deserve.
    that’s all i have to say..!
    congratulations.
    GO LINKIN PARK +1
    you guys back to rock our world! \o
    take care :*

56. Alexandra Nofi on August 21, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Ooh, so exciting! I’m not surprised, with the growing popularity of facebook, plus the new album, that ya’ll went from 4 million to 11 million in a span of 4 and a half months.

In any case, in regards to The Catalyst, that song really grows on you. LP music typically grows on me a little bit over time, but, this new song is just so addictive. I’ve been singing to myself all day. You probably are aware that I have a large background in art, so, I think I know why you did this, but, I still wanna ask because I am not inside your head: What pushed you creatively to put the effects on your voice for the intro in The Catalyst?

57. shugahcolby on August 21, 2010 at 4:07 pm

that is 100% amazing Mike!us on lpstreetteam have been working hard to promote! its nice to here that everything is going great with this album so far.can wait to here it in NYC! you should do a signing after the show! i would love to finally meet u guys!

58. jannipiiin on August 21, 2010 at 3:59 pm

YAY! Congrats!!๐Ÿ˜€ Se you on October 30th!โค Love you!

59. marcelogori on August 21, 2010 at 3:52 pm

awesome!!!!
    from argentina

60. Sofi on August 21, 2010 at 3:48 pm

This sounds awesome!๐Ÿ˜€

PS. at the LPU we need some clarifications on what’s going to happen with the LPUX. We no likey. Just so you know.

61. โ•šโ˜…โ“โ““โ“”โ“ฉโ˜…โ• on August 21, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Is Cool =)

62. catadechocolate on August 21, 2010 at 3:38 pm

AWESOME!

63. guilhermenight on August 21, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Amazing *-*
    You deserve this =)

64. brox2lp90 on August 21, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Congratulations on all of the achievements! Really can’t wait to see the “The Catalyst” music video on Thursday and hear the rest of “A Thousand Suns” on September 14th!๐Ÿ˜€

65. CncAltarf on August 21, 2010 at 3:26 pm