Late On LookAtBook

September 1, 2010

A handful of artists from different cities, all contributing to one sketchbook, mailing it back and forth.  Happened a few years ago, but I just got the link this week.  Hope I hear about it earlier next time something like this goes on, ha.

www.lookatbook.com

1. hakuchin on September 21, 2010 at 11:35 am

Oh, i think I’ve heard about this a long time ago :3 A friend of mine was fascinated by it because he does street art and stuff. He said it’s a great book although he’s never had a chance to gaze into🙂 I think this is an awesome idea and great work of art combining so many things and artists in one book. This piece of art is surely priceless, isn’t it?

2. kuro382 on September 3, 2010 at 2:59 pm

i’m going to make a scrapbook too~ ^o^

3. thegluelpfan on September 3, 2010 at 3:56 am

If only I could draw lol.This reminds me of the chain letters…I got one when I was little and I had to make like 4 copies of it or something.Well it’s not really like this but still.Looking forward to seeing some of your art in there maybe next year?

4. dorito82 on September 2, 2010 at 1:11 am

That’s a really, really cool idea!

5. fatimalp on September 1, 2010 at 10:37 pm

wow this is amazing! but it would be cool to see your art in this book, hope it’ll be there next time😀 your piece of art is missing in that awesome book!

6. thomasbrablec on September 1, 2010 at 8:40 pm

I think it sounds great, but I hope the book doesn’t look like the one on the picture, haha.

7. zahralp on September 1, 2010 at 7:49 pm

looks awesome! i want to hold the book real badly right now!
    loved the idea

8. ccins on September 1, 2010 at 7:16 pm

I started a traveling sketchbook based on that project!
    Taking guest artist references if anyone would like to participate.

9. madna29 on September 1, 2010 at 7:06 pm

I ever made a book like that when I was high school

10. melbapinckney on September 1, 2010 at 6:40 pm

That’s great the artists are using one sketchbook. That’s call teamwork! Nice info.

11. ammya on September 1, 2010 at 3:48 pm

it’s nice Mike continue!!

12. 3infinity on September 1, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Here, maybe this’ll work http://www.lookatbook.com/flash/shell.html

13. madshell on September 1, 2010 at 1:52 pm

just woke up from a dream where you were a total asshole. felt like i should punch u in the face! but luckily ur not like that in real life.

but i should still punch you cuz the LINKS NOT WORKING.

14. stingerlp on September 1, 2010 at 1:43 pm

15. lplovei on September 1, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Woah, normally I wouldn’t read a book that big, but then again it’s all picture’s, so, I guess I’ll give it a shot. haha🙂 I hope they do that again soon, and that you can put some of your masterpieces inside it!

16. lode1989 on September 1, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I can draw a triangle.. Can I add it to the big book? :d

17. Alexandra Nofi on September 1, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Spikeness! This is the kind of stuff that I live for!!! *dies from awesome art overload*

I would love to be a part of a project like that, to just share my work with different people from all over the place.

I want you to know that, because the linky no worky, that it is killing me, Mr. Shinoda. KILLING ME.

18. rioichi4 on September 1, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Wow…. That… is epic.

19. calliope288 on September 1, 2010 at 12:56 pm

This is such an awesome idea!😀 Hey why don’t you start it again? I bet you have a scketch book and you can like take it with you on tour and give it to the fans to add their art there!🙂

20. jagta on September 1, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I so can’t open the link!…it says page not found!?…can you fixed it please!…Thank you…anyway, sounds interesting…better luck next time Mr. ROckstar\m/

21. souneik on September 1, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Dope. I want in. ;C( Mean book humans. Have you had a chance to make any new mixtapes? I have no idea how you have time to do anything, but I though “maybe”….

22. kathyxx on September 1, 2010 at 12:19 pm

your link is malformed (I fixed it and saw it though).

Its really pretty. The shark one is interesting in particular.

23. evooba on September 1, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Whoa!!! That’s freaking awesome!!! Are you gonna contribute next time it happens? I hope you will because you’re like the king of art or should I say king of skulls😀 You really inspire me to draw; I’m hoping to be half good as you one day. Anyways, I guess that now with the new album, the touring and the promos you’re not working on anything new huh? I’m dying to see new pieces of your art.

24. Kiara on September 1, 2010 at 12:16 pm

OMG the book is amazing!!
    Thanks for sharing this with us😀

25. aninhalp on September 1, 2010 at 12:16 pm

You have already submitted their art? I would love to see..🙂

26. theyactuallymakemylifebetter on September 1, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Looks nice! 3infinity I ask the same (LOL) Are you going to participate on this book?

27. 3infinity on September 1, 2010 at 12:14 pm