“Where Hip Hop Lives”

September 29, 2010

I went up to see the fine folks at Power 106 here in Los Angeles today (shout out to DJ Coke-E and DJ Fuze, who were introduced to me as “huge Linkin Park fans”).  It was fun.

When I got home, I received this glorious youtube clip in my email inbox.

Thanks to Ryu from Get Busy for sending this video.  Remember kids, hip hop is an attitude, it can never go out.

1. dorito82 on October 8, 2010 at 12:55 am

She’s right, I think. Interesting video

2. galinmitev on October 5, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Hey,
    Hey,
    Hey,
    Hey,
    Hey,
    Hey, Mike I think you’ll like the “Wretches And Kings” Video that I made. Here’s the video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIMo1WoHcfE

In the video you can see quite good effects and sync. I made it for 2-3 days. I don’t believe you have time to watch my video, but if you find some free time, please watch it!

-credicle

3. giovanni250894 on October 1, 2010 at 5:39 pm

hey Mike I think is great Chester is going to be in the new SAW movie, I can’t wait to see it…is he dying in this movie?…

4. zzaacc on October 1, 2010 at 5:19 pm

LOL that was so bad.

it reminded me of this. vin deisel in the 70’s(i think) teaching hip hop. have a look, u’l love it!

5. cctjehh on October 1, 2010 at 11:16 am

hahaha is she a ‘hiphopper’? ><

6. theyactuallymakemylifebetter on October 1, 2010 at 11:12 am

Hey Mike and the others =)
    On blitz.com I read that Lady Gaga’s songs are one of the most unwanted of a list. And I read the most populars too =) See what I found!!!!http://www.lastfm.com.br/charts

Congrats guys, I’m really proud of you. As I usually do, I loved the new album… Keep it up.

Here in Portugal ‘A Thousand Suns’ is #1 =P

7. ravea on October 1, 2010 at 6:55 am

I just turned 17 yesterday and i got 4 tickets for your show in berlin! how lucky am I?! I love my parents for giving me such a great present^^ and of course I love you guys ;)!!! It’s just so awesome!=D

8. sammy708 on October 1, 2010 at 5:25 am

@annack82 & @zahralp
    Check out this interview with NoBrain:

Next time I go to a hip hop club I will do the same the nice lady did. I will be the hippest person for sure.

9. thegluelpfan on October 1, 2010 at 3:02 am

Now this is REAL attitude…😀 Although I think today’s hip hop has kind of drifted apart from that…

10. faris255 on October 1, 2010 at 2:55 am

YO mike plz watch this video we made thx!😀

11. lplovei on September 30, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Nice quoting what she had said that’s so true! BTW when are you gonna make another FM album with Ryu and Tak?! PS. Slowlearner32 I’m pretty sure I saw that before on this very website.

12. annack82 on September 30, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Yeah!
    Good guestion…what’s happend with NoBrain and his remix??? what’s the plan???Best regards from Poland!

13. blakrabbit on September 30, 2010 at 12:58 pm

funny word…plie.

14. diegodelsonlp on September 30, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Mike When They Come For Me makes me Dancing!!! Cooool….

15. zahralp on September 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm

nice ,
    reminded me of the okay go video :)awesome stuff

btw what happened to nobrains remix track being on the album!??!what happened?

16. Alexandra Nofi on September 30, 2010 at 7:56 am

Power can be a dangerous thing when in the hands of a dumbass…

17. mrdiamondj on September 30, 2010 at 7:56 am

What’s crazy is that I do that same b-boy stance/peace out thing that she does at the end in the mirror every morning. Who woulda thunk it?

18. fatimalp on September 30, 2010 at 6:44 am

thanks for sharing it with us, Mike! thx to Ryu as well!😀

19. AldA on September 30, 2010 at 5:19 am

Nice! Now I can learn how to have an “hip-hopattitude” with Mrs hip-hop! ^^ Always providing us education Mr Shinoda!
    Can you send me a “hello” vía twitter?! (@Aldanina) Please! I’m from Argentina, and all the LP fans are so excited ’cause the next thursday we are going to “meet” you in live performance!!!
    Greetings from Argentina for you and your beautiful family!

20. evooba on September 30, 2010 at 5:04 am

Epic video! Ryu made a good choice🙂 You’re right about Hip Hop being an attitude, an attitude than will never die😀

21. slowlearner32 on September 30, 2010 at 4:29 am

Hip-Hop for all the people!?

22. adiek84 on September 30, 2010 at 4:14 am

Thanks for the tutorial! I wanted to walk like that for ages, never got it right, though!😀

23. xjs22 on September 30, 2010 at 3:27 am

MIKE, the same earrings you had some time ago LOL

24. Xenith on September 30, 2010 at 1:58 am

This is me, this is how I am, this is a lifestyle…. THIS IS IT!

lol

25. jagta on September 30, 2010 at 1:00 am

Yeah Mike! hip-hop is an attitude. I wonder you dislike Eminem. LOL

26. chiragddude on September 30, 2010 at 12:45 am

Check this out….

27. 65gran on September 29, 2010 at 11:41 pm

Hahaha LOL, but do you really wanna WHO MURDERED 2PAC?

HERE IS THE ANSWER GRANSAN FEAT CESAR STRAWBERRY “qUIEN MATO A 2PAC?”

28. maniashinoda on September 29, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Hey Mike, thanks for marking my really long comment (which took my time) as spam! That’s nice of you!
    But anyhow I still have hope, so if it’s okay please read here:
    By the way, cool video. Like it (:

29. melbapinckney on September 29, 2010 at 11:06 pm

It’s all about the attitude, relax, and have fun. Actually hip hop dancing is fun. I like this video and thanks for sharing, Mike and Ryu.

30. smokins on September 29, 2010 at 10:43 pm

this class should be given by Jack Nicholson, it will be a world wide phenomenon then..

31. lpfmfan on September 29, 2010 at 9:31 pm

LOL, that was interesting to say the least!

Did you do an interview at Power 106? Because by the time I found out you were there and listened to the station live (streaming) you were gone I think..so I missed it:/
    Also DJ Coke-E is a huge LP fan..did you see his twitter background? Recognize it? LOL😀

32. silversmile13 on September 29, 2010 at 9:28 pm

rili funny..:)
    doesn’t seem hiphop though..ahahaha

33. EpicLinkinPark on September 29, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Word.
    Thanks for sharing Mike! Hope all is well. Take Care.

Kate