New: My Own Radio Station, Rehearsals, and Anteaters

October 1, 2010

The other day I got a chance to record a station for IHeartRadio. It’s an online station where we (Chester and I) get to play whatever we want; we host the show ourselves.  The best part was that I got really tired of just hearing myself talk, so I started messing around, calling people and bothering them, and even playing some rare Linkin Park tracks (and I think one Fort Minor one).  It’s going to go up some time in October.  (I asked some of you to send questions and stories via Twitter; thanks for your help making the show interesting.)

In the days between then and now, I’ve been rehearsing with those other five guys to put a show together.  We leave for tour in four days.  We’re hitting a few places in South America, A bunch of dates in Europe, and a bunch of dates in Australia  (What’s up PERTH and ADELAIDE).  Ready for a little bit of this:

Oh yeah, the title of this post was “rehearsals, my own radio station, and anteaters.  Here you go:

1. kaynyne on March 20, 2011 at 12:28 am

Adelaide concert was the best concert I’ve been to (well I’ve only ever been to a Coke Live Tour). Great memories I’ll never forget. Hope you guys come back soon

2. alexlp2k8 on October 24, 2010 at 8:00 am

“It’s going to go up some time in October.”
    Today would be perfect for the 10th HT Anniversary.

3. simonehollie on October 13, 2010 at 6:29 pm

The thing about Adelaide is that it’s quite a pretty place but damn it there’s nothing to do there, the people are gonna enjoy having LP entertain them. But yeah, Adelaide’s a bit of a hole. Can’t wait for you to come to Melbourne though!

4. Hell_enia on October 11, 2010 at 5:01 am

FANTASTIC!
    i love the drums and bass :-))

and u mike (yes and u) lol

5. dorito82 on October 8, 2010 at 1:01 am

Totally awesome! I will definitely be checking that out!

Love the anteater haha

6. galinmitev on October 5, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Hey,
    Hey,
    Hey,
    Hey,
    Hey,
    Hey, Mike I think you’ll like the “Wretches And Kings” Video that I made. Here’s the video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIMo1WoHcfE

In the video you can see quite good effects and sync. I made it for 2-3 days. I don’t believe you have time to watch my video, but if you find some free time, please watch it!

-credicle

7. hulasusieq on October 5, 2010 at 9:11 am

I look forward to listening to your radio show & actually attending a concert. The video of “Wretches & Kings” only gives me a glimpse of what’s in store,and I can’t wait! This song has me groovin’ to the beats! “Get down & obey every word..”🙂

Mr. Anteater has a CRAZY look in his eyes! I think he’s po’d that he didn’t get a copy of “A Thousand Suns”. Can’t say I blame the poor animal! LOL, pretty funny stuff.

8. lis0406 on October 5, 2010 at 5:40 am

I TELL YOU THIS IN SPANISH….. MIKE…. te damos… :$

9. lplovei on October 4, 2010 at 2:47 pm

I LOVE Wretches And Kings but that video kinda sucked. Oh, and that last picture is hilarious! haha🙂

10. angelsrc79 on October 4, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Dude, you made me cough up my food from laughing. Awesome.

11. galinmitev on October 4, 2010 at 12:21 am

Hey.
    Hey,
    Hey,
    Hey,

– credicle

12. shakthehotshot on October 3, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Hey MIKE I have made one dark music, I would be greatfull If you use it in SAW 3D or where ever you like, here is the link

This music is made in FLStudio and the 1st 3 pics in the video are made by me, rest of them is taken from the internet.

13. madshell on October 3, 2010 at 11:00 pm

mike, why only people form the US? D:

14. peteryb on October 3, 2010 at 7:22 pm

That was fantastic Mike. Lol.

I’m really excited for your shows in the states man. The performances I have watched of you all lately are outstanding. Keep up the great work!

15. galinmitev on October 3, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Hey.
    Hey,
    Hey,
    Hey,

– credicle

16. jozzie8 on October 3, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Mike, you didn’t mention Melbourne! I will see you and the other five guys here in December.

17. linkinparkforever275 on October 3, 2010 at 9:52 am

that was epic!

18. zahralp on October 3, 2010 at 8:34 am

waiting for the day to come ….

why didnt u pout up a normal concert in the UAE, u know 500$ for a one hour show isnt worth it , my parents would have killed me then linkinpark if i came😄

this concert meant so much for the fans in iran , dude u need to do another show there,but next time just a normal LP show, just for the fans!
    my lpu expires on march and as much as i know for now its impossible for me to renew for lpux

😄 anteater! lol

loved the idea of the radio show btw ,i’ll be supporting that😉

19. klau7 on October 3, 2010 at 5:39 am

Awesome…can’t wait for October 7!! see you soon very very soon!😀

20. orhanmasa on October 3, 2010 at 4:17 am

\

You MUST see this awesome “Wretches And Kings” VIDEO. – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIMo1WoHcfE

21. cctjehh on October 3, 2010 at 1:33 am

wooooooooooooooohooooooooooo

Hamburg!❤

22. lis0406 on October 2, 2010 at 6:32 pm

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
    WE ARE READY FOR YOU GUYS…
    ARGENTINA IT`S WAITING FOR YOU!!

23. thegluelpfan on October 2, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Lol Wretches and Kings followed by that picture…epic😀 As for the tour…I can’t wait to see some vids of the new material performed.Hopefully see it live next year.And you and Chester on the radio is always fun so yay😀

24. nmunioz on October 2, 2010 at 4:22 pm

omg I wanted to see Mr Han’s scratch😦, but I will do it on october 9😛 when you will be HERE IN CHILE !:DDDDDDDDDDD

25. orhanmasa on October 2, 2010 at 3:15 pm

You MUST see this awesome “Wretches And Kings” Video ! – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIMo1WoHcfE

Rate & Comment!

26. milasouza11 on October 2, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I saw, i’m not the only brazilian commenting here about SWU! \o/\o/\o/

Heey Mike!!
    The day is coming!!! I’m so thrilled, thanks to this Festival, i’ll see linkin park!
    Ok, is the last performance on the night, But, it will be PERFECT!!

So, i’m waiting you here BRAZIL (south American) as you have mentioned!I’m counting down for that day on twitter. Have you noticed huh? every day I’m sending you this message talking about, like that you don’t forget us (brazilians fans).

God Bless you!
    i love you so much = eu te amo muito
    Kisses s2

Obs: I HOPE YOU READ MY COMMENT

by: @milasouza11

27. vdalem on October 2, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Love it! Man I wish I was there!

28. melbapinckney on October 2, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Man, I’m so happy for you guys. Your own radio station? GO MIKE! GO CHESTER! I love that ‘Wretches and Kings’ video and the Anteater with “dat attitude.”

29. anaaugustalp on October 2, 2010 at 1:01 pm

anteaters are typical of Brazil! And I’m Brazilian! I see you on the 11th of October, the farm Maeda in ITU/Brazil\o/ Kisses…..l

30. cincybmxlpfreak on October 2, 2010 at 12:02 pm

LMAO at the Anteater. That’s awesome.😀

31. smoshee on October 2, 2010 at 11:07 am

Grrr.. man stop with so much profanity😛
    U guys still rock btw…😀

32. souneik on October 2, 2010 at 10:38 am

“Getcha ya boy”! “Yo, you better getcha boy”! I will so fight that Anteater.

33. St.Owner on October 2, 2010 at 10:31 am

Lol oh man, Wretches And Kings is the greatest song ever recorded, in my opinion lol. I wish I was there.

And lol. Anteaters

34. cruze711 on October 2, 2010 at 10:29 am

When are you guys gonna be touring in the US!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?…that anteater pic is definitely one of the best pics ever taken

35. janv13 on October 2, 2010 at 10:19 am

OH MY GOSH!!!

So it was YOU GUYS who called me from a ‘restricted number’ at 1:22am O_O
    I was in the bathroom and didn’t think much about the call since I thought one of my friends was prank-calling me!!
    say, have you guys recorded the show? I’d really love to listen to it! ^_^
    Good luck with the station! Please post details soon🙂

Thanks for everything!
    -JanV

36. nick51228 on October 2, 2010 at 9:04 am

Hey Mike thanks for posting my video! I’m honored to have it featured on your site!

37. gabriela83lp on October 2, 2010 at 8:53 am

that pix i soo funny! lol

i love wretches and kings! cant wait to see u guys here in Argentina!!!🙂

38. orionwong on October 2, 2010 at 7:51 am

Hey mike, do u no that chester is in the movie Saw 3D? i guess so. why didn’t you tell us? i really wish you’re in this movie also! would be insanely awesome! xD

39. zzaacc on October 2, 2010 at 6:30 am

no shoutout to melbourne? thats alright. maybe theres a bit of bad blood there from chesters accident😛

cant wait to MAYBE see yous down here. though, tickets are pretty costly😦 I needs a job lol

have fun on the tour😉

40. 3infinity on October 2, 2010 at 5:35 am

I love W&K but I kinda feel sorry for Brad and Phoenix when I see them just standing there, doing nothing….

41. beckyloveslp on October 2, 2010 at 4:53 am

i love the anteater!

42. AldA on October 2, 2010 at 4:16 am

hahhaha! ANTEATER! When i read anteater i said: what?! A new song? You’re inspirated Mike! 5 Days!!! I’m nervous!!! I can’t believe it! 10 years waiting for you!!! I know i’m never gonna meet you in person, that’s impossible, but i least i can see you playing on stage!!!
    Greeting from Argentina! We are waiting for you!!

43. kanti22 on October 2, 2010 at 3:20 am

I hope, that some day You will visit Poland…Please…😦

44. xehpuk on October 2, 2010 at 2:15 am

Why does nearly every concert last 3 hrs but not that one in Dortmund (only 2 hrs)? For the same price? Is it a typo?

45. Alexandra Nofi on October 2, 2010 at 2:03 am

Wretches and Kings live, is sex. I’m sorry but there is just no other way for me to describe it. And drum machine? Sorry, can’t have it anymore, it’s mine now😄

Interestingly enough, I was thinking to myself once, “Mike should have his own radio show”. The gods have heard me and listened. Will there be some sort of internet type live stream, like what they have for KROQ? Cause you prolly know how I am by now, anti-iPhone, living in Connecticut with no immediate access to anything cool. I’d just move to your neck of the woods, but, I don’t like earthquakes x_x

46. luki9875 on October 2, 2010 at 1:44 am

sounds cool, looking forward to hear your the radio bit😛

47. chiragddude on October 2, 2010 at 1:28 am

awesome…….Well Mike I got a link to share with u !!!!

I CREATED THIS FOR U JUS A DAY BACK !!!

48. leilalp on October 2, 2010 at 1:12 am

MIKE! Ever since I saw video of this song the next day after the concert, I dream to see a professional video. Make video with W&K like WFTE, Numb, New Divide and The Catalyst please!!!

49. fatimalp on October 2, 2010 at 1:11 am

hahahahaa that picture.. xD LOL
    Thanks Mike! Wish you guys good luck on tour. have fun😀

50. jenjithesnail on October 2, 2010 at 1:08 am

PERTH.
    ‘OH THIS? THIS A HORTH. WHEN YOU’RE IN PERTH’ X’D

Ah dear😀

I so can’t wait to listen to this radio station❤ It's going to be incredible! :') Listening to Chester and yourself during the KROQ takeover never fails to make me laugh.

I just can't wait!😀
    And Wretches and Kings live… akfncv. One thing I need to do in my lifetime is see you guys live🙂

Take care!

51. sagback on October 2, 2010 at 12:49 am

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy godddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd I like your wreches and kings live performans BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT IIIIIIIIIII LLLOVE THE PİC ! METİNKS.. I LOVE HİM inSTEAD OF loving YOU (MİKE) ahahahaahah dont put your page things like the pic ! bcause I only wanna love you😀

52. adiek84 on October 2, 2010 at 12:35 am

That IHeartRadio thing sounds really awesome! Wretches&Kings live is epic! Great teaser!

53. EpicLinkinPark on October 1, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Have an awesome tour guys! I think IHeartRadio is an awesome idea! That picture is so funny! LOL

54. lpfmfan on October 1, 2010 at 11:00 pm

THAT PICTURE IS PURE LOL!😄 I’m saving that one, thanks, LOL.

I can’t wait for the radio station! I’m going to be listening to it all the time–I can imagine myself now, lol. Yay for: iPhone + 3G + unlimited data plan + car charger = listening to LP’s radio station ALL the time.

Btw- NYC = AWESOME. Flew in from TX just to see you guys!!! I also got interviewed..weird, anyway did you see the videos Mark took of us?😀 outside? singing LP songs the ’99 bottles of beer on the wall’ song xD we were..bored.

55. linkinparkette on October 1, 2010 at 10:59 pm

that is really cool and i cant wait to hear
    and thats it… looks like i need to start paying attention to twitter -.-
    the things i do for lp :3

56. evooba on October 1, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Hahahhahaha the photo at the end is hilarious! You sure know how to make someone laugh so hard xD

I do hope European fans will be able to listen to your show🙂 As for the tour, good luck! We’re ready to be rocked by your amazing full of awesomeness music! Greetings from Greece! can’t wait to see ya in Germany and UAE!😀

57. williambuck on October 1, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Happy Perth Day Mike🙂

Will from Perth🙂

58. Julian on October 1, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Love that last picture!
    I hope you guys do great on the upcoming tours, I’m definitely gonna go see when I have the chance (that is, when you come =P)