Future Linkin Park Album Art / Title Options

October 10, 2010

Just saw these online, and realized how high the bar is really set when it comes to naming an album and making a cover.  I hope to someday capture even the slightest glimmer of the genius seen here.

More amazing album covers here: www.oliverbenjamin.net/badalbumcovers.html

1. gheistxanimus on October 27, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I’ll keep my laughter to myself but really…did they stop and think about what they were doing?
    Album 1)Depressing.Was that really an album?
    Album 2)So corny I blushed
    Album 3)”Let Me Touch Him”…..nuff said.Possibly sponsored by the Catholic church
    Album 4)The word “EPIC!!” goes off in my head when I see this.They should have collaborated with the Village People
    Album 5)Really…? If he’s real,they look like they’re about to give him a big hug!

2. galinmitev on October 17, 2010 at 5:11 am

Hey,
    Hey, Mike I think you’ll like the “Wretches And Kings” Video that I made. Here’s the video:

– credicle

3. ira_mazumi91 on October 16, 2010 at 8:17 am

LMAO, this cover for U Mike xD
    i have no idea what i am thinking about, but i’m laughing by myself becoz cover that i’ve been made! haha, hope u like it lol!

[URL=http://img69.imageshack.us/i/scoveralbumxd.png/][IMG]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8597/scoveralbumxd.png[/IMG]

4. thegluelpfan on October 16, 2010 at 3:51 am

I wonder what those artist thought when they created those album covers…as..sexy and interesting as they look I wouldn’t have chose those😀 LOL it’d be really awesome to see you guys pull one of those😀

5. galinmitev on October 14, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Hey.
    Hey,
    Hey, Mike I think you’ll like the “Wretches And Kings” Video that I made. Here’s the video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIMo1WoHcfE

In the video you can see quite good effects and sync. I made it for 2-3 days. I don’t believe you have time to watch my video, but if you find some free time, please watch it!

-credicle

6. simonehollie on October 13, 2010 at 6:16 pm

They’re fantastic album covers! Mike, I highly recommend the next album cover to be a real work of art – what about the LP guys dress up as Glam Rock guys? Complete with spandex, nasty boofy hair, wild make up, glitter, gigantic boots and heaps of sparkling coloured shirts and pants (TIGHT pants). And maybe you can even cuddle a tiger to make it a tad more authentic. Don’t forget to pout in the photos!

7. kathyxx on October 12, 2010 at 10:09 pm

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

“All My Friends Are Dead” I 100% approve of.

8. shabyta on October 12, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Hmmmm “let me touch him” tempting..
    But plz.. dress like Manowar’s one!!!

9. penneysound on October 12, 2010 at 6:50 pm

in all seriousness, i think your next album should be called “grand unified theory”

carl sagan often talked about how much sheer joy there is in a scientific worldview, and how it could be conveyed to everyone through art and music, if somebody just had the mind to do it. if anyone can, it’s linkin park. the way the last album used imagery of disaster and ruin to convey purely abstract feeling, the same could be done with the scientific senses of scale, awe, and wonder.

grand unified theory

10. mercenary18 on October 12, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I think u guys should do sumthing real close to Man O War Anthology cover =D except maybe naked, and jus covered by ur instruments of choice…and the back of the cd should show the back side of the picture! LOL I kno A LOT of people who would LOVE that! lol

11. bigbadxandro on October 12, 2010 at 6:58 am

hehehe…

12. vdalem on October 11, 2010 at 3:00 pm

You thinking too hard! LOL!!

13. AdezY2JGab on October 11, 2010 at 1:00 pm

lol😄

14. degoicouria on October 11, 2010 at 12:45 pm

“let me touch him”… no comments😄

15. redgreeklegend on October 11, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Mike, in case you did not see this, sit back and enjoy…!🙂

16. ammya on October 11, 2010 at 11:32 am

what???!!! xD hahahaaha ooook

17. duron2d on October 11, 2010 at 9:02 am

Mist of shadows would do gud ……… i think …. trust me mike … whatever u chose i noe u are a gr8 singer and whatever people say, gud or bad .. u are and amazing person…… and plz help me do a certain thing if u can

18. cctjehh on October 11, 2010 at 6:58 am

@AGATA haha yeah me too, just soooo wrong ^^

19. Julian on October 11, 2010 at 6:53 am

you know you freaked me out when I saw your post title…

20. arnstev on October 11, 2010 at 5:47 am

it seems you give us a message that the LP is getting old and maybe going to have a style like that in the future.

21. levidobson on October 11, 2010 at 5:45 am

baahahaha lol, crack up man. take the advice from let me touch him, try out some suits of something xD

22. Alexandra Nofi on October 11, 2010 at 5:22 am

Your sarcasm alone is enough to make me laugh. The pictures get the winning chuckle.

Here’s the sad fact: Some label actually thought these people were good enough to be signed.

23. evooba on October 11, 2010 at 5:07 am

Haha epic covers! Thx for sharing … When I read the first one I was like “What?!?” lol xD

24. Hell_enia on October 11, 2010 at 4:42 am

I ADORE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOUR!!!!

PS; Visit Greece. Again.. ;-))))

25. Agata (gucio86) on October 11, 2010 at 3:08 am

Hilarious… “Let me touch him” is my favourite, I fell of the chair when I imagined you guys on a cover like that😀

Btw, little off the funny topic – have you ever heard about “Playing for Change”? You might have, I live in Poland, a lot of great things don’t reach us here easily. A friend of my father’s send me a link to one of the episodes a while ago (it was episode #2). She knows how much I love everything that could be inspirational, especially when it involves movies or music (preferably both). It literally made me cry.

26. skyolker on October 11, 2010 at 1:00 am

Why don’t you just combine all 5? That would be epic! =))))))

27. romangrace83 on October 11, 2010 at 12:21 am

HAAHAHAHAH omg!!!! i can’t stop laughing!!! where did you find these covers mike??? only you can do that!!!!🙂 i have to thank you and phoenix for made me laugh so hard with the #pantslessmike and #phoenixnaked thing on twitter!!! you’re awesome guys!!!! hi from Italy!

28. Xenith on October 11, 2010 at 12:11 am

Couldnt agree more with HYCREXXIA

“next LP album title: Firin’ ma Lazorz
    take it into consideration mike”
    😄

29. dorito82 on October 10, 2010 at 10:40 pm

hahaha great titles! I think some parents might question you guys with some of those tho… lol

30. sajinokami on October 10, 2010 at 10:31 pm

‘Satan is Real’

31. mel995 on October 10, 2010 at 9:27 pm

“let me touch him” “all my friens are dead” O_O hahahahahaha xD I couldn’t stop laughing!

hey mike come back soon to argentina please! the show was the best in the world for me…😀

i sang as crazy!

you guys are great!

♥♥

32. nerd42 on October 10, 2010 at 9:15 pm

“All My Friends Are Dead” is a pretty cool title actually

33. bananagabbana on October 10, 2010 at 9:14 pm

ZIP ZAP RAP!

34. melbapinckney on October 10, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Mike, they’re silly album covers. The Linkin Park style album covers are way better than these. Your covers express who LP really are. Continue being cool and creative, man. You’re doing fine.

35. hycrexxia on October 10, 2010 at 5:46 pm

next LP album title: Firin’ ma Lazorz
    take it into consideration mike

36. slowlearner32 on October 10, 2010 at 5:35 pm

“LET ME TOUCH HIM” lol.

37. linkinparkfansince2000 on October 10, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Hey Mike I think this will help too http://holeytonal.com/2009/02/the-best-music-game-ever/

38. randoms98 on October 10, 2010 at 4:46 pm

You have 4 times already! Really you drew a winged-soldier and put distorted lyrics to Papercut on Hybrid Theory. The wings showing the soft side of the band, and the soldier showing the hard side. You named your second album Meteora. That’s perfect. Then Minutes To Midnight referring to the doom’s day clock, and the cover makes you look mysterious, as if your really changing the world with your music. A Thousand Suns is a line that shows up alot on the album, not on just on one track, and the cover… No one knows what it is, maybe the monster that lives inside your closet I don’t know, but it’s better that we (fans) don’t. You guys have EVERYTHING down!

39. galinmitev on October 10, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Hey.

– credicle

40. francolozano on October 10, 2010 at 3:46 pm

“let me touch him” would have been a great album title, mike xd

you guys were awesome last night in Chile, I was there, it was a great show. I really enjoyed “The Messenger”, it sounded beautiful, and the “burning in the skies” chorus in “bleed it out” was really cool, but I thought you were going to play it too last night. I hope you enjoyed Chile, and come back soon!

41. milasouza11 on October 10, 2010 at 3:46 pm

YOU MAKE MY LIFE BETTER!

I know, i know.. the comments must be about the post!
    But I can’t control my anxiety for the show tomorrow #SWU
    I’ve waited for 6 years! 6 YEARS since 2004..
    And now, the day is coming! is TOMORROW!
    Tomorrow will be the best day of my life!

you can think that i am a silly girl..
    cause i’ve sent several messages (twitter and here) to you,
    about the show.
    I’m only showing my feelings for you.
    And i really love you and linkin park! I don’t have shame to tell it!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! you’ve no idea! http://twitpic.com/2ufj6o

PS: I’m waiting you, here BRAZIL!!

by:@milasouza11

42. kennyline22 on October 10, 2010 at 3:23 pm

mike you are so crazy. i luv you

43. linkinlady06 on October 10, 2010 at 3:17 pm

😄 OMG!!!! this is freakin hilarious woooow! the “let me touch him” one almost made me fall off the bed laughing so damn hard thank you mike this totally made my night LMAO

44. dovingbird on October 10, 2010 at 3:02 pm

You just made my life, my good man. I can now go finish my homework in peace having laughed out my spleen.

-Dovingbird

45. michazyee on October 10, 2010 at 2:59 pm

LOL, I laughed so hard at the ”Let Me Touch Him” cover xD

46. natakusiek on October 10, 2010 at 2:52 pm

oh yes. you should do the same cover like “manowar” (wtf?!). it’s so creative and manly. yes, definitely.

47. vascenth on October 10, 2010 at 2:52 pm

48. mtreants on October 10, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Well, isn’t that just sexy.

49. luki9875 on October 10, 2010 at 2:51 pm

hahaha🙂

50. reenzy on October 10, 2010 at 2:50 pm

You’re kidding me.. LOL

51. justbiteme9 on October 10, 2010 at 2:49 pm

OMG all of you really need to dress like the 4th picture and make a photoshoot like that… hahahahahaha….

52. thepixelpod on October 10, 2010 at 2:49 pm

i will do one cover for u mike😀