Fans and band meet up at First-Ever Linkin Park Underground Summit

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This year, Linkin Park’s fan organization, The LP Underground, celebrates it’s 10th birthday.  With that being the case, we’re working harder than ever to make the LPU more than just a “fan club.”

LPU is one of the most special and exciting ways to connect with the band.  It’s not about being “the world’s biggest superfan.”  You’ll find them there, but most people belong to LP Underground because they want to go behind the music and the concerts, make friends, and have fun.

On November 10-11th, 2010 in London, England, we will be holding our biggest, most ambitious fan event in the history of the organization, and we’re calling on our fans all over Europe (and all over the world) to come be a part of the celebration.  We’ve called it The LP Underground Summit. It’s an exclusive event where you’ll meet the band, connect with fellow LPU members, and have chances to be a part of one-of-a-kind experiences like meeting the touring crew, taking a backstage tour led by the band, or playing our actual on-stage instruments.

The event runs over the course of two days, leading up to our performance at the O2 Arena on November 11.  You’re in charge of arranging your own transportation and accommodations, so you’re welcome to plan your trip however you want.  Come early, stay late, or just show up for the day of the concert.

ALL current members (LPU9 and LPUX, everywhere in the world) are invited.  Annual LPU members get in FREE.  If you’re not a member yet, join now to get access to The Summit.

Since the event is in London, we’ve already got a lot of interest from fans in the UK…so we’re counting on you guys from other countries to make the trip.  Germany, France, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Poland, Czech Rep., and LP fans everywhere: come to The Summit and represent!

To reserve your spot at The Summit, go here.  See you in London.

(Photo credit: fans of LPUnderground.com and LinkinPark.com)

1. kaoripo on October 24, 2010 at 2:33 pm

One day an LP song gave me the strength to go. Easier to Run. Ever since, LP songs have been encouraging me to advance. Celebrate the 10th anniversary of Hybrid Theory! おめでとう!

2. keiggy856 on October 24, 2010 at 6:03 am

O_O

…Do you guys really want to kill me? :U

Can’t you guys just DO IT IN PUERTO RICO?????? Or atleat do SOMETHING here! XD
    Seriously, I wish I could go.. But I guess there’s always next year.. :I
    Still, you guys are awesome and I still am a fan X3

…AND STOP TOURING IN THE SAME PLACES AND TOUR IN THE CARIBBEAN SEA! IN TEH BIG ISLANDS…. IN PR!
    lawl

Okeeiiii……. … I’ll just steal sum money and i’ll fly thar.. kidding
    AND I CANT GET WFTE AND BLCKOUT AND WTCFM AND THE REST OF A THOUSAND SUNS OUTTA MY HEAD! XD

You guys are awesome… i wanna poke you… AND I WILL… JUST YOU WAIT! >8D

~Keiggy :)

3. frannylp on October 24, 2010 at 2:36 am

I seriously cannot wait to meet you at the summit. Me and my cousin are soo loooking forward to this summit event. we already booked our place! :D

4. namiineaeris on October 22, 2010 at 9:19 am

SHIIIIT I CAN’T BELIEVE I’M IN ONE OF THOSE PICS!!!, THE ONE WITH ALL THE TICKETS :D YEAAAAAAHH I JUST CAN’T BELIEVE IT, THIS IS SOOO AWESOMEEEE!!!!!

5. thegluelpfan on October 22, 2010 at 5:07 am

And I’m missing another Linkin Park event.As much as this sucks for me it’s actually an amazing idea…hopefully there will be other events like that I the future that I can actually attend because I have a lot of friends in the lpu that I’m really excited about meeting in person.So kudos for the great idea :)

6. riachen on October 22, 2010 at 3:00 am

hey Mike,

i think that the event will be great, but many fans can´t affort to come to London. And many who likes you have to go to work thoose days (like me :-()….what i mean is, why do you not change the city from year to year. one year in London, the next in Berlin, Paris, New York, Tokio….and so on. think on the fans of the other countries. the flight and the hotels cost money and for many people and exspecially your fans it´s too expensive. and the result is that they have never or maybe only a little chance to meet you. and believe me, many fans have the dream to meet you. so, please think about, i think it would be a good idea. have fun at your summit in London.

7. linkinparkholy on October 21, 2010 at 9:53 am

i am sooooo excited for this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    finally a good reason to live in london
    meet the band and play robs kit would be just amazing officially the best year of my life !!!!!!

8. melbapinckney on October 20, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Man, I want to go to this sooooo bad. Take a vacation and get away from my town ( I hate the people here. I rather hang with LP and other LP fans). I try to book a flight, hotel, and rent a car, but it’s way too expensive. I don’t have the money. So keep us posted on more events, please. Take care!

9. nikmanlp on October 20, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Oh damn it’s a shame that the event is in the middle of the week, I could barely afford a trip to London anyways but it’s even worse because I’m in my final year of school and the last big exams before the graduation-exams will follow in the middle of November, so I really can’t make it I think. I’m really sad I can’t take the opportunity… But I hope all who can go will enjoy those two days! Continue doing this stuff for LPU members (btw an LPU tour would be the best thing to do imo ;)), peace!

10. chazcaro on October 20, 2010 at 2:47 pm

LPUX will be the best LPU I hope

In addition on 24/10/2010 will be HT 10 years old, thats maybe unbelievable. And that birthday is the best I think

I think a new album must born on that day. (I know LP has tour) I mean HT’s remix album (not like Reanimation) but only with your new styles, like in A Thousand Suns…
    And the title could be like this one:
    -A Thousand Theories
    -Hybrid Suns
    The acapellas could be recorded one more time or/and complete your new singing ability
    The interludes (like Chali/Stef/Riff Raff in Reanimation) concept could be the war, or something like that..
    About cover? A soldier who is a person
    That’d mean LP is same band like in HT-times but renewable

11. ktacaceres on October 20, 2010 at 11:44 am

hahaha!!! i can’t believe that i’m in one of those pictures (and my dear Chilean flag as well) that experience was awesome!
    unfortunately i can’t go to the LPU summit :(
    Thank you guys for that meet & greet in Chile :)
    BTW i don’t like how my face looks like in that picture lol hahahaha

regards from Chile

bye

12. elifdogru on October 20, 2010 at 10:39 am

Lucky fans! Unfortunately, I’m not lucky. :(

Mike, we wanna see you. Please come to Istanbul again! Turkish fans are waiting for you…

-Elif.

13. penneysound on October 20, 2010 at 9:55 am

my question is this:

what is the advantage to joining the LPU for people who don’t enjoy live shows, or don’t live anywhere near where live shows would be, or, in my case, both?

14. cctjehh on October 20, 2010 at 7:10 am

This must be so awesome! But I’m underage and my mother isn’t gonna let me go to london alone… damnit. ;/
    I hope I win M&G tickets for the concert in Hamburg though ;D
    but travelling by plane is so absurdly expensive in the netherlands, if I only had someone to go with… :/

15. evamed on October 20, 2010 at 4:33 am

Ah! How nice to see themselves and their friends.Balloons! =)

16. evik90 on October 20, 2010 at 3:27 am

Lucky LPU members :( I hope this is not the only summit you have in Europe, I’m gonna save money for the next one ;) have fun!

17. jozzie8 on October 20, 2010 at 2:20 am

Mike is there a reason why you chose to do it in London out of all places? Australia is probably a better place for it:). Anyways, you look kind of awkward in one of the photos, the one where you are wearing a stripe top and in between two people. See you guys in December.

18. aravind221 on October 20, 2010 at 1:43 am

mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn excited to see u guys 2 times in a week , Birmingham and i wake up again the day after is going to be London [ Lpu summit]yayyyyyy :)

my first ever concert in my life is going to be u guys Lp , i have been waiting for 7 years for these days finally it has come , god shows mercy!!!!!

proud to be a lp fan forever !!!!!! :)

watch out for the Birmingham gig we r gonna rock u :D enjoy ur tour mike

19. thepixelpod on October 19, 2010 at 6:15 pm

i hope u guys make the same in USA :), to join!

20. kathyxx on October 19, 2010 at 5:47 pm

This sounds cool. Interesting 9th anniversary idea. (You folks were founded in 2001, yo). I hope LPUX has something for everybody.

21. silentchaos11 on October 19, 2010 at 1:03 pm

aww why can’t this be in the United States, November 11th is my birthday and this would have been an awesome gift. I live in Texas but I would have been willing to drive anywhere in the states to attend.

22. randoms98 on October 19, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Why do you gotta go and make Joe the rapist, when we ALL know that it’s Chester? haha After 10 years you guys have more than fans, you’ve got people that see you as the most, or close to the most, important people in their lives!

23. caswicordi on October 19, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Why don’t you think of that when they were in Brazil? Now I cannot go = /

24. han3nah on October 19, 2010 at 11:39 am

I wanna be a member of LPU :-(
    People who are in this are so lucky :-)

25. smoshee on October 19, 2010 at 11:10 am

WHweAAA!!! :( :( ….
    I so wanna be a part of u all :(
    but i cant… :( :(

26. jamshinoda on October 19, 2010 at 11:00 am

jajaja THNKS MIKE 4 EVERYTHING U DO
    and thnks to LINKIN PARK too..is AMAZING FOR ME BE IN YOUR BLOG!!!
    i’m with my sister in the photo :)
    and another with my girl and 3 friends ^^
    THNKS 4 THR MUSIC :)

27. galinmitev on October 19, 2010 at 10:26 am

Hey,
    Hey, Mike I think you’ll like the “Wretches And Kings” Video that I made:

28. ridwanfan on October 19, 2010 at 10:22 am

29. linkinfreaky on October 19, 2010 at 9:51 am

O.o
    That’s me on one of the pictures! O.o ( the 10th picture… the one with the two girls in the first row…)

See you on 1st November in Zurich =D!

30. maydaniela on October 19, 2010 at 9:47 am

Hi Mike!!
    I’m from Argentina..i don’t speak English very well :/
    I want to thank you for coming to Argentina..i was there, singing your songs, crying, it was awesome!!! I hope you come back!
    You don’t know what Linkin Park means to me! I love Linkin Park! I love you, Mike!!
    I wish to meet you someday! I know it is imposible! But it is my big dream!
    Thank you for making me happy with your songs! I’m a fan since i was 11.. 7 years ago :) And i will be for ever!
    Really love you, Mike! (L
    Kisses..muaaa!

May. :)

31. maryakira on October 19, 2010 at 9:33 am

I’m on 3 pics :D ! Thanks Mike, it was the best day of my life!
    ( SWUBrasil – 11/10/2010) YOu guys are awesome! LPU gave me the opportunity to meet LP and to have the best friends I could have, LPU family Brazil!
    have a great concert tomorrow!

32. bourdongirl on October 19, 2010 at 8:35 am

This is so great Mike, is nice to find some pics from the PERU FAN CLUB, I went to Buenos Aires to meet the band finally after 10 years! in the best day of my life. Love you so much, YOU’RE AWESOME! keep the great work, see you in Lima!. LINKIN PARK ROCKS!, blessings.

33. cageburns on October 19, 2010 at 8:15 am

Finally, after 8 years waiting…
    3000 km trip to London.
    Tix to both shows & the Summit.
    And this after the release of the most innovative & inspiring album ever.
    I don’t know, if I’ll be able to take all the awesomeness…

34. crawlinggirl on October 19, 2010 at 7:55 am

Oh cool our LPU picture from Grafenheinichen :) Love that!
    It was an amazing day.
    U ask me if i regret my tattoos when u make another music..No i didn´t…Because ur new music is great and they are memories of my youth.

Love ya

Mieke

35. AldA on October 19, 2010 at 7:38 am

I don’t even have some money to be a member!
    Whhyyy life is so unfair!!! I don’t have moneyyyyy!!!

It’s so sad :(

Have a great time in the celebration the fans that can go!!!
    ;)

36. Olla Chaz on October 19, 2010 at 7:06 am

How I wish I could go to the Summit.
    *head desk*

37. joana0tiholova on October 19, 2010 at 7:05 am

And this is only for LPU members, right? I live in Bulgaria and now I`m trying to make Dad say “yes” and to come to the show in England. I really dream someday to record a song with LP or DBS. Actually I believe all my dreams will come true.

38. wesleyhahn on October 19, 2010 at 6:21 am

OMG Mike, thanx for shared my pic.
    It’s me with T-Shirt pink…

I’m very happy for this, thanx Mike.

39. anebrasil on October 19, 2010 at 6:11 am

ah really wanted to go to London unfortunately most can not! But I wish much luck to all going, LP forever ‘

40. zahralp on October 19, 2010 at 5:22 am

just asked how much are the tickets to london and its abaout 750$ and soooo i’m stuck here wish it wasnt so much but as i allways try my best to catch a show ,
    i’ll keep trying XD ,…wish i didnt have school XD
    u could have done this sooner mike jezzzzz lol

but i’m crossing my fingers for this one ,,

a dream ;)i wont let go!!

41. 3infinity on October 19, 2010 at 5:01 am

Hahahaha what’s with the random pictures XD
    Too bad I’m too far away to come, I hope you come somwhere closer to middle Europe next time

42. evooba on October 19, 2010 at 5:00 am

You gotta be kidding me! I’m traveling all the way from Greece to Germany and Abu Dhabi to see you and you’re doing this in the UK? Damn! Seems like I’m gonna miss it :/ At least I get to see you live and hopefully win a m&g :)
    But thats an amazing idea! It’ll be epic! I’m already jealous of the people that will be there!

43. skuzzybono on October 19, 2010 at 4:36 am

Dope,… L.P. you guys are the best :) but “It’s Not Too Late” to check out Boom Box Theory’s new song. So here you go yo!!!

44. anaphx on October 19, 2010 at 1:38 am

Haha you took a picture from me ;D

anyway thanks for this great opportunity, unfortunately you announced it way too late.

but hey maybe i get a meet and greet for the 5 shows Im attending!
    have fun in germany,
    ana

45. luki9875 on October 19, 2010 at 1:34 am

I am flying over from Dublin,IE to Birmingham to see you guys… I was also considering 1 more UK show but didnt know which one…. you guys made it easier now :P

46. aud31 on October 19, 2010 at 1:22 am

First the NYC concert, which is close to me and I could’ve gone, but I had school and volleyball (and our coach literally said “even if you have bon jovi tickets you need to give them up and be at practice,” which is like her linkin park.) Now this summit thing which sounds absolutely amazing, like my dream come true, and it’s FREE, but in London, England. Of course… I miss everything! :( I hope you guys have a great time, and hopefully I’ll get tickets for a show on the US tour!

47. romangrace83 on October 19, 2010 at 1:22 am

damn it!i have university exam in november 11th..(*fingers crossed* can you wish me luck mike???) i won’t be there! btw this is a cool idea! you rock guys!!! ITALY LOVES YOU!!!!! hope to see you live here in rome!!!!! your italian fans are doing everything they can to drag you here in 2011!!!! stay tuned!!!! :)

48. milasouza11 on October 19, 2010 at 12:59 am

Hey…
    who’s from Europe..this “MEET UP AT FIRST-EVER LINKIN PARK UNDERGROUND SUMMIT”
    is PERFECT!!!
    i wanna be a part of the celebration..it would be my gift’s birthday..*–*
    The biggest problem to me is: this happen in EUROPE =[
    i can’t leave my job and college in brazil, to travel to another country..
    if i could, i’ll do that!

Mike
    So..have a good concert tomorrow!
    Enjoy with another fans in London!

Kiss! I love you! s2
    by:@milasouza11

49. slowlearner32 on October 19, 2010 at 12:10 am

Mike, may I use your credit card? LOL :)

50. lilgingerkid on October 18, 2010 at 11:20 pm

MIKE! Germany, France, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Poland, Czech Rep., Austria, and LP fans everywhere: come to The Summit and represent!

It says AUSTRIA twice. does one of them supposed to be AUSTRALIA?

please edit if it was a mistake (:

51. rayanlenox on October 18, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Oh, how I wish you announced it just about couple of weeks earlier =( Unfortunately I won’t make it ’till November. But I hope that this event will be only the first one of great Summits. Because if you organize something like it next year, I’ll be there for sure.
    Also I just wanted to say that all of the LP members and staff are so amazing at organizing suck kind of interaction between the the band and the fans. I know it’s impossible for you to meet all of us – dedicated fans – but we are looking forward to see you. You are GREAT at everything you do!

52. dorito82 on October 18, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Hey Mike,

This is a REALLY cool thing you’re doing! If everything turns out the way you guys hope, it would be amazing to see a summit here in the states too, which means, I need to get off my ass and join the LPU! Can’t wait for the pics and stories.

53. aberu on October 18, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Mike, we will always support them as much as possible. We hope that this LPU Summit will take place in our country for the next year. Thank you for using our photos of the New Divide video and photo of our first anniversary as an official club in Peru.

54. Alexandra Nofi on October 18, 2010 at 9:42 pm

This summit is a really wonderful idea, I hope there will be others closer to where I live (there are many travel downsides to living in New England), because I would love to be able to go to one of these.

I finally got some free time to start working on that remix of The Catalyst. I had begun working on it for the contest and for me personally, the time alloted wasn’t enough so, I’ve been slowly putting together ideas and slowly working on it.

I think the most enjoyable part of this is how I have five different effects on your vocal track right now, and, it actually blends well XD

55. EpicLinkinPark on October 18, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Hey Mike,
    I think this is such an epic idea! This is such a generous thing you guys have planned and I am sure everyone appreciates it very much. I wish I could be there, but I’ll be there in spirit. Just like the tours LOL. I can’t wait for the US touring. Have an awesome time and enjoy the rest of your journey. You guys are really beyond awesome, Hope all is well with you guys. Take care, best wishes! Thanks again you guys for doing this for us :]

Kate

56. Aditya_the_warrior_within on October 18, 2010 at 9:34 pm

thats simply awesome! unfortunately can’t fly to london since planning this in less than a month is not possible for me coming from India.
    but thats a great for holding such a event for us!
    good luck!
    (and next time is it possible for announcing this well in advance please?)
    convincing parents also takes time you see ;) )

57. lpfmfan on October 18, 2010 at 9:34 pm

I hope y’all have one of those here in Texas…but with this I’m actually thinking about renewing LPUX this year. I was hesitant at first because well, no details AT ALL were given. Just that the “experience” would be incredible. If there’s going to be more stuff like this I DEFINITELY want to be part of it. Dude, you got my $60. Lol.

Btw: Dog with the wig = HILARIOUS. Must be a LP fan..I need to meet this dog. LOL.

-Ana

58. akono1212 on October 18, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Hey Mike

The Summit is a great idea, unfortunately I can not fly to London in November.

But we’ll see you at Meet&Greet in Berlin. ;-)

Greetz