Linkin Park Live, SAW 3D, Ron Artest, and LPU Summit

October 31, 2010

Hey guys,

The tour is going great so far.  Thanks to all the fans attending the shows–they’ve been a lot of fun.  Because we had so many new songs and a bunch of new technology (new to us, at least) on stage, we started the tour with one set list, with the intention of switching it up as we got comfortable with it.  A few shows later, we began improvising a few parts, swapping songs in and out, and jamming a bit on some things.  (For live audio collectors: we made up our current Bleed It Out / APFMH jam a couple days ago in Hamburg, live on the spot.  I was pretty excited when it all fell into place, and I think you can hear that on the audio.)  If you want to grab mp3s of the songs, go here.

Chester posted about a couple things recently.  Firstly, he was really moved about the announcement from Ron Artest (GO LAKERS!) that he was auctioning off his championship ring to fund mental and emotional health services for youths who can afford them.  When Chester told me about this, I thought it was awesome…go to ronartest.com (his link is currently down, but I’m sure info will be coming soon).

In more big Chester news, not only did he have a #1 album in the country with “A Thousand Suns,” he’s also in the #1 movie in America this week: Saw 3D opened at the top of the box office charts.  Congrats to Chester and the SAW team.

And finally, the LPU Summit is almost here!  It’s shaping up to be a great event.  If you want to meet the band, play our instruments, tour the backstage, see a tour bus, win signed stuff, and have generally have an awesome time, sign up today.  Get an annual LPU member pass, and you’ll get into the Summit for free (not to mention all the awesome stuff you get with annual membership).

Before I go, here was the Bleed It Out / A Place For My Head performance from Hamburg…see you at the show!

1. malfurionrage on November 14, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Dear Mike..
    Am a hardcore fan of LP and there are many millions of PL fans in India..
    It would be a great pleasure If LP performed in India..
    The proceeds from the show can be donated to charity..
    It would be great if the proceeds went for a medical charity work like free surgery for the needy..
    As a doctor this is my humble suggestion..
    You have helped many people in the world please help some more people in India..
    We Indians are desperately waiting for an LP concert here I am a hardcore fan of LP and not one day has passed since I started hearin LP (My first and favourite song is in the end) and I have never slept without listenin 2 one of ur songs..
    Please consider this plea

2. melmclaughlan on November 7, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I’ve wanted to be a part of the LPU for years, if I’m honest. I am craving to get round to to that after the gig on Bonfire Night. I’d love to attend to the summit, but it would be all a bit unplanned. Would you ever hold a summit not just in a capital city? Or was that just an appropriate date for you, being in London? I really hope you come to Newcastle again…😀

3. riachen on November 6, 2010 at 12:05 pm

wow….good show mike….but why didn´t you talk to uns in berlin like that?! your concert there was awesome but i thougt that you will talk to us a little bit more. that´s only a little advice from me. but thank you very much for this great evening.
    i am sad that i coud not come to the lp summit, but maybe next year or another time. have fun there.

4. linkinparkette on November 4, 2010 at 10:51 am

so much news on the summit.. and so much news on me not going😦
    cant go… planes,,
    cool on that story with ron, i am i really dont know him and not really a fan of basketball, know nothing about the lakers really. but that is cool what hes doing. and for saw 3d. well yea its going to be awesome, chester’s in it😀
    but i will wait to see it. 2d…

5. jpkaukonen on November 4, 2010 at 5:38 am

I’m coming to the LPU Summit Mike, SEE YOU THERE :o) !

-JP

6. rjcrimzon on November 3, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Mike’s calling audibles like Peyton Manning!

7. tinalein76 on November 3, 2010 at 11:36 am

Hi Mike🙂
    Hamburg was a really great concert, big thanks to you.
    I’ll never forget it🙂
    You rock🙂

8. pinguninjitsu on November 3, 2010 at 6:28 am

Bleed It Out/APFMH mash up is genius, I love it. I am assuming you guys are coming to Texas on the US tour❤ and if so pleasepleaseplease play APFMH :D! Its my all time favorite song from LP! Good luck on the tour❤ also I can't wait for the US dates to be released, I'm superduper spaztastically excited ^__^

Good luck with the rest of the world tour I hope it all goes well :D!

9. ErbseLP on November 2, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I was in Hamburg and it was the best show i’ve ever seen!😀
    At first I tthought that I can’t go because the show was sold out and I had no money… but then I won a ticket at o2crew. ._. (I love o2 for that! xD)
    There were 3 rounds, I won at the first round, my best friend at the second round and at the third round I won a ticket for my mom… but she had to work… so I gave the ticket a friend.
    We stand in the first line but quite on the right side… at the first I thought “nice, we will see nothing” but this time you guys used the whole stage! (best stage ever)
    And at the end Rob gave me a drumstick!
    Better than my first concert and fav, Hamburg 2007!😀 (best fans and atmo!)

10. pensierididade on November 1, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Hey Mike,
    i was in Zurich last night (the boy with the Italian Flag): what an amazing show.
    The sound is so different from the past, but you just ROCK.
    I hope that the Italian flag i have thrown into the stage during Bleed It Out has arrived to you/LP. I didn’t see it lying on the floor when i checked out after the show was over, so that could mean that some of you guys found and grabbed it.
    I hope to receive an answer, in some way, here or via Twitter (@dadedade1) or via email.
    Thanks, i hope you have had fun tonight in Zurich🙂
    Italy is waiting for you for an ALL-LP show, i hope that my flag might have been worth a little for you to come visiting us in Italy!
    Davide

11. jozzie8 on November 1, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Sounds amazing even though it was unrehearsed. Appreciate the updates as always.

12. cctjehh on November 1, 2010 at 12:11 pm

everytime I hear something about the Summit my heart aches.. I wanna go so bad but there is no way I can. I hope there will be more summits, Adam gave some hope if this summit goes well, there might be he said (:
    anyways the M&G at Hamburg was really nice and the concert too and yeah did you actually notice you smiled during the whole concert? I guess you really enjoyed it ;D

*says the girl who gave you the chocolate marsepein things ^^

13. carla30lp on November 1, 2010 at 11:05 am

mike your wOrk its just amazing i mean the cd thousand suns and your artwork everything . i been follow youy guys since hybrid theory so congrats for everyrhing and keep going like ths FORT MINOR YEAHH!
    and chester was awesome in that trailler jaja i just saw it for him
    mike let me ask you a question..whats you favorite song ever?

14. zahralp on November 1, 2010 at 8:30 am

I’m trying my best to get down to London in time , I’m struggling with my parents to let me go, I even told them I’ll pay for the tickets which is 1080$ the price for the plain and concert tickets . With out the hotel , I’ll sleep in a park near the O2 place
    I don’t give a damn about money this concert means more than money . It’s a dream come true and it’s worth it .
    Hopefully I’ll be able to overcome mynparents .
    Fingers crossed 😄

15. iajacky2yanto on November 1, 2010 at 7:53 am

Chester seemed a bit fatter then the previous Chesters. Or is it my feelign?

16. skuzzybono on November 1, 2010 at 7:03 am

Dope!!! L.P. hands down,…. the best!!! Massive respect! Check out our tunes.

17. thegluelpfan on November 1, 2010 at 6:29 am

It’s a really cool thing that you guys brought back APFMH…it really warms the hearts lol .Anyway I’m going to see SAW this week even thought I’m not sure I wanna see Chester get tortured…

18. takumademonreborn on November 1, 2010 at 5:15 am

19. in491 on November 1, 2010 at 4:34 am

WE (INDIA) DON’T WANT ANY SPECIFIC DATE/YEAR.

ONLY TELL: WLL YOU COME OR NOT?

20. rinashinoda on October 31, 2010 at 10:59 pm

One more thing,Mike…
    can i ask you a favor??
    Please…tell the united LPU at ur concert to pray for us in Indonesia…
    we’re in a really deep sad now…
    Flood, Volcanoes, and Tsunami broken us here… T.T

Thanks,
    with Love..
    RINA

21. dorito82 on October 31, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Ron Artest is a pretty cool guy! At first, cause I’d heard about him in not the greatest light, I wasn’t sure I wanted to be a fan. A friend of mine, who is a great person, and extremely driven, knows him (she works in the b-ball industry) and loves him to death. The charitable work he’s done through out his career, at least, as a Laker has been wonderful!

You guys sound awesome! Can’t wait to see you sometime next year!

22. ellzworth on October 31, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Hi Mike. My name is Ellsworth. I’ve been following your blog posts for years now & I’m a fan of all your work. I’ve recently lost my little sister in a car accident on the 101 Freeway. It’s been tough and I’m sorry to air-out my feelings on your blog buy I wanted to let you know that LP’s music, “A Thousand Suns” in particular, has been helping me out so much at such a hard time in my life. It’s certainly been chaos, havoc and destruction (something I have no control over), but I know in the end, when enough time has passed by, I’ll have enough strength to pick myself up and move forward. I just want you to know how much your Music REALLY MATTERS TO ME RIGHT NOW. Thank you so much.

23. raulmahshid on October 31, 2010 at 8:53 pm

my favo film is saw&every year I wait4the next one.this year when I heared chester has a rol in saw I was really surprised&call all my friends& relatives2say my favorite singer play in my favo film dont miss it.one of them ask me about u Mike I answered his outward&inward is possitive&there isnt any suitable role in saw4kind of a good boy like Mike.

24. sophia1112 on October 31, 2010 at 7:00 pm

hey mike! i’m sophia from Brunei Darussalam. i want to go LPU so badly, but unfortunately i cant😦 and i tried asked around who is the concert promoters in Brunei, but no feed back at all. haha. i will keep asking around though ;p and get LINKIN PARK TO PERFORM IN BRUNEI!!!😄

25. rinashinoda on October 31, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Chaz is totally Superb!!!
    Mike, is Indonesia on LP tour schedule….??
    We’re missing you guys dying here!!!
    Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Commmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…….😥

26. dovingbird on October 31, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Normally I am against inflating egos. But daaaaaaang. You guys continue to be incredible. Keep it up and run by Nashville sometime soon, eh?

-Dovingbird

27. EpicLinkinPark on October 31, 2010 at 3:01 pm

It’s good to hear all is going well. Thanks for keeping us updated! Glad the tours have been awesome. I was too, I thought that was very awesome thing to do. I know Lakers are going to be in the Finals, I hope they win again! (yes, GO LAKERS!) Shannon Brown is just awesome! That spinning assist to Blake for 3 points was just epic. I have a good feeling Lakers are going to the finals. I really do. I am planning on seeing SAW 3D pretty soon, I think this week or so. I have only seen the first one and bits of the sequels. I am happy that the tour is going great, Chester’s movie is #1. I am just happy for you guys overall. I can’t wait for the US touring! I can’t wait to see you guys! :]

28. melbapinckney on October 31, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Hi Mike! How are you doing? Good to hear from you, because I miss you! I’m glad the tour is going “GREAT!” Yeah, that was an awesome video. LP great performance. I wish you fun at the LPU Summit. I wish, I can go, but like I told you before, travel expenses too expensive. I hope, I can meet you and other LP members someday. That’s great Chester’s movie, ‘SAW 3D’ is doing well. Number one at the box office this weekend? WOW! Also, I thought, Ron Artest was very kind and caring about what he did for those kids. VERY GOOD!
    Good hearing from you, Mike. Take Care!

29. nida on October 31, 2010 at 2:27 pm

yes, I saw Saw 3D today and it freaked the hell out out of me:/ my mom kept shushing me when I was saying Chester don’t die like bagilligion times hahah.

30. aravind221 on October 31, 2010 at 1:34 pm

ahhhhhh mike i cant wait man until i see u guys in birminghama nd lpu summit , u guys r goin great so far keep up the pace!!!!!!!!!!! ill like to see

WITH YOU ( intro ) / given up (verse )!!!!!!! thought would be a good combo to try😀 ,

see u in tour🙂 tc mikey lp rocks!!!!!!!!!

31. kamrud on October 31, 2010 at 11:07 am

Dear Mike

Yesterday i watched your show in Denmark and it was awesome! Thank you for a great show and an awesome weekend. In the middle of the concert you opened a bottle of water, drank from it, and threw it out into the audience. I was lucky enough to grab the bottle, and finish it off for you😉 Thanks allot for making my weekend with Linkin Park complete. The next time you are on tour, I hope you will come to Norway. It was a long trip, but completely worth it!

Torolf

32. bananagabbana on October 31, 2010 at 10:36 am

i loved that clip!! epic!!

33. cincybmxlpfreak on October 31, 2010 at 10:24 am

That was pretty cool for an improv moment. Great job guys.🙂

34. markusstorm on October 31, 2010 at 10:02 am

That improvisation on Bleed It Out was pure chills…
    Mike you are genial, dunno if ya’ll knew what you were doing right there haha, but it was a fantastic jam, also Chester went it probably even in a better way than APFMH does. Ok both are very different but gosh, more of these jamms would be a success granted.

35. bourdi on October 31, 2010 at 9:00 am

Hey mike!
    Did Mauricio talked to you because of the set-list rotation?
    See you in Frankfurt:)

-bourdi

36. jornalistica on October 31, 2010 at 8:27 am

Hey Mike, thanks for the news! I really wish you could play APFMH in Brazil, but it was not the time. Anyway, I love your improvisation (mostly on Chester’s part, poor him LOL).
    And poor Chester still ’cause he will die in Saw 3D. How do you feel when you watched this? Puked too? I dont know if I can watch it.
    Have fun in Europe with the guys, maaan! I know you’re enjoying😉

37. slowlearner32 on October 31, 2010 at 7:21 am

最高!!!

38. AThousandSunsLP on October 31, 2010 at 6:59 am

thank you for updating your blog! big congrats to Chester and the whole band for everything! good luck at concerts and have fun.

39. milasouza11 on October 31, 2010 at 6:47 am

Hey Mike, i’ve watched by youtube) another LP’s shows made around the world. And all performaces was wonderful!
    I loved “Bleed it out” with “A place for my head” (this song is one of i like more – album “hybrid theory”)

I believe this Meet & Greet will be amazing in london! but i can’t go.. =[
    This is so sad for me! i wanna the oportunite play your instruments, tour the backstage, see a tour bus, or at least hug each of you (Chester, Rob, Brad, Phoenix, Mr. Hahn and you [specially]).
    This is my biggest dream, to meet LP personaly and talk with you..
    One day i’ll get.

Thanks to be part of my life!
    I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
    God Bless you!

by:@milasouza11

40. sajinokami on October 31, 2010 at 6:14 am

Nice, it is cool that you all can just randomly mash up the songs.
    Interesting choice.😄

The sun doesn’t give light to the moon
    Assuming the moon’s going to owe it one
    It makes me think of how you act to me
    You do favors and then rapidly
    You just turn around and start asking me about
    Things you want back from me

I’m sick of the tension, sick of the hunger
    Sick of you acting like I owe you this
    Find another place to feed your greed
    While I find a place to rest

41. icecold25 on October 31, 2010 at 6:08 am

This is related to acting:

Mike there are rumors saying that you will be playing in a movie called “Dark as Day”. Are those rumors true? Seeing you in a movie would be the greatest thing ever!!!

42. Alexandra Nofi on October 31, 2010 at 6:04 am

I wanna go to summit but I’d don’t have the cash to fly to London. I’m amazed ya’ll have the balls to let fans touch your instruments, lol😛

And big congrats to Chester for being #1 for getting hacked and slashed! LOL😄

43. martaqb on October 31, 2010 at 5:45 am

Great show,, =) … I like it very much…

=) Good luck with the rest of the tour…. =)

44. blackout00 on October 31, 2010 at 5:23 am

Hey Mike,

That message about the Summit you posted is pretty misleading. The LPUHQ email says that you get the CHANCE to meet the band, have a backstage tour or photos ONLY IF YOU WIN THE RAFFLE. Also you can’t be involved in the LP JAM is you don’t know how to play instruments/LP songs properly and you have to pick one activity from the jam/crew tourbus/photo op and it’s on a first come first served basis. As much as I appreciate you guys holding a Summit I still think that you are giving misleading information to us fans. If someone was unlucky and didn’t wun the raffle or was too late to choose the one activity they are pretty much stuffed.

45. harboe90 on October 31, 2010 at 4:32 am

I was there last night, in Herning. Yesterday was the most insane day of my life, being able to meet you at the M&G. Your music have mattered to me in ways that cannot be explained. So thank you for letting me shake your hand, Mike, ’cause you and your bandmates are like my heroes!!! You made my day, and so far, by far the best day of my life.
    Thank you !

46. ines2401 on October 31, 2010 at 4:08 am

It was great like always here in Hamburg😀

At 2:20 … LOVE IT!
    I also was on the Meet&Greet and get my copy of A thousand suns signed! Thanks for the awesome show!🙂

47. jacrid on October 31, 2010 at 3:43 am

Great shows so far, of the 5 I have attended, Hamburg was the best so far. The crowd was great and so were you guys. Thanks for APFMH! You guys rock! Looking forward for the next 2 shows!

48. slblue78 on October 31, 2010 at 3:21 am

i was in berlin and hamburg – and i have to say – hamburg was much better than berlin!!! YOU were much better – the crowd was much better… everything was soooo much better than berlin… the whole show was sooooo awesome!
    so – here is my whish for the future: make more of that!!!

so my last words are:

Thank YOU for that amazing evening!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

49. galinmitev on October 31, 2010 at 3:16 am

Awesome “Wretches And Kings” Video! :

50. laptitelucie on October 31, 2010 at 2:51 am

Congrats to Chester😀 !!!!

BTW Some people are saying that you’re going back to France next summer to play in the Parc des Princes. Is it right ?

51. thepixelpod on October 31, 2010 at 2:16 am

great😀

52. gaganlp on October 31, 2010 at 2:11 am

thx mike LP4ever

53. lorenalp on October 31, 2010 at 2:00 am

thanks for the info🙂

54. evooba on October 31, 2010 at 1:53 am

I wasn’t at the Hamburg show but I was in Cologne and I was glad you guys switched Papercut with Lying From You and The Messenger with LOATR. Overall your shows this year are beyond awesome. Can’t wait to see you again in Abu Dhabi and hopefully get a m&g! As for Chester, huge congrats to him about the movie (haven’t seen it yet) and HELL YEAH for the Lakers😀 Too bad I can’t be in the UK for the Summit:/ I’ll have to wait for the next one.

Anyways, have fun in Zurich today and Happy Halloween😀 any plans?

55. l1nk1npark on October 31, 2010 at 1:51 am

Hey Mike,

That was AWESOME!!!! Can’t wait to see you guys live in December!!!
    I hope to see SAW 7 soon…the pics of chester in the movie are already freaking me out.
    Hope the LPU Summit goes great…would love to go but….I don’t have that kinda money and I live really far…like really really far from London.
    Anywho…all the best with the rest of the tour and I’ll see u guys soon🙂

56. romangrace83 on October 31, 2010 at 1:51 am

I WANT YOU HERE IN ROME ITALY!!!!!!! you’re italian fans are desperate!!!!!!! WE WANT YOU HERE WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!

57. machmallauter on October 31, 2010 at 1:41 am

thats awesome!!!!!!! unfortualy you don´t play much songs of hybrid theory in austria but it was also amazing!

58. inspiredshez on October 31, 2010 at 1:31 am

Hey Mike🙂

I am so gutted I didn’t get any tixs for London, and I’d love to come meet you guys but sadly I can’t just take a couple days off work even though I’d LOVE to lol.

I’m seeng Saw 3D on Tuesday!!!! Only for Chester lol….I cannot wait, it’s gonna be as wild and amazing as the new CD (which I’m obsessed with :P)

Glad the tour is going well go on add another London date😀 (in january, it’s my bday!)<<<a girl can hope eh!

Peace xx

59. chilibilly18 on October 31, 2010 at 1:30 am

THATS AWESOME!!!!!

60. missmeteora20 on October 31, 2010 at 1:27 am

awesome!
    glad you guys had a great time on tour so far, btw: i’ll see you tomorrow😉
    Did you already seen SAW 7 in 3D? What do you think about the movie? Do you like Horrormovies?

61. lpfmfan on October 31, 2010 at 1:25 am

Just saw…Saw 3D (lol) it’s pretty good, and I saw it just for Chester like I saw Crank and Crank 2, lol. Went to see the entire movie just for Chester’s part haha, yep he did great! But omg x_x I was like OMG CHESTER.. did you see it yet Mike?😀

Can’t wait for the USA tour, I’m trying to get money so I can go to as many shows as possible! Already went to the NYC show all the way from TX can’t wait for the tour dates! And please bring back APFMH in full MY FAVORITE SONG EVER! (no not just from LP) :b

Ana

62. linkinladie328 on October 31, 2010 at 1:22 am

awesome :] LA misses LP!!😀 come home!!!!