Linkin Park Demands Insane Stuff In Order To Play A Show

November 3, 2010

Thanks to LPLive.net, I just read a Linkin Park news article that may be one of the funniest I’ve seen.  It’s a roughly translated version (thanks, Google!) of an Israeli piece detailing “Linkin Park’s demands” for the performance.  This is what’s traditionally called a “rider” for the show; it details the things the band needs from day to day–every day–at the venue, to maintain normalcy and regularity as they travel on tour.  Here’s what ynet.co.il listed:

Linkin Park demands:

• “A sterile zone from smoking and alcohol,”
  • “Personal rooms of the band,”
  • “[Behind special rooms], a gym,”
  • “Sausages, Belgian waffles with maple syrup oatmeal porridge,”
  • “A package of throat,”
  • “Food for eight days,”
  • “100 towels and 24 black and yellow, hung on special racks made of metal and gold, so they can see the twinkling in the dark suspension”

Apparently, if Linkin Park doesn’t get 124 towels of specific colors, hung on twinkling racks of metal and gold, we won’t go on stage.

I need to start asking the other guys about this request list, because I’ve never seen it backstage, and I want to know where the hell to find it.  Two reasons.  One: I would love to see what those racks of metal and gold look like.  I bet they’re amazing.

And two: I want to know what a “package of throat” is.

Throat?

1. dyahikhsanti on November 16, 2010 at 11:42 pm

the list reminds me to mariah carey :D

2. artistspin on November 16, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Mike,
    thank you for posting the Insane demand post I could stop laughing my ass off. That article made you guy’s sound like Divas.

3. eitanzon on November 16, 2010 at 11:46 am

i’m kinda sure you won’t read this mike or anyone else, but i’ve got to say it to someone.
    i’m listening to your music since i’m 9 years old, now i’m 17, and when i heard youre coming to Israel i freaked out.
    i was in your concert, you were amazing and you reminded me why i love you guys so much.
    i just saw the thank you video and felt the urge to say it:
    THANK YOU LINKIN PARK!
    thank you for being ther with your music, giving me hope and showing me so much about evolvement throughout my whole life.
    you remind me how important is living the life you love, and not the life you think you should live.
    come again next album?
    (i thought the demand list was hilarious too ^^)

4. eldad89 on November 12, 2010 at 2:05 pm

This package of granola …
    And not package of throat…
    This mistake of the site!

5. linkinparkgiss on November 12, 2010 at 7:47 am

MIKE CHECK IT VIDEO PLEASE!! IS A SPECIAL VERSION OF WAITING FOR THE END!! VERSION ARGENTINIAN!!! PLS CHECK IT!!

6. 10percentluck on November 9, 2010 at 10:33 am

oh, so funny :D

7. dianalpfan on November 8, 2010 at 9:35 am

HA_HA_HA!!!:D
    It’s really funny!!!
    LMAO!!!

8. linkinparkforever275 on November 8, 2010 at 4:10 am

Hilarious :D
    He listened nearly every stuff that you can see in some of the LPTV episodes ^^ section without alcohol and smoke = nearly the same said in the MTV Masters “Linkin Park” from chester i remember it was.
    The waffle thing was the episode where you were at Project Revolution and you mike made your Waffle Shot ;) Waffle, Syrup and sugar :D

9. cathylogan on November 8, 2010 at 3:29 am

lol..well they have to sell something don’t they..maybe in Israel is important that your towels are of different color and have golden handles:)))

10. enjadreal on November 8, 2010 at 2:59 am

loool don’t trust the internet, just learn the language =P
    that’s the case why i never use google translate
    a good online dictionary i use is http://www.leo.org/ but there’s a limited range of languages

btw, as i’m commenting on this: congrats to u’re awesome live-shows. i was in zurich, with meet & greet (don’t know if u remember all faces u see all day long =P) that was just EPIC!!! especially iridescent with this cool “flying-through-debris” video gave me chills!!!!

i just can say thanx one more time xD

11. serglp on November 7, 2010 at 4:39 pm

all i can think about right now is the awesome linkin park`s concert for the ema i`ve just come from. i´ve been wating this chance for years! i hope mtv upload the whole show so you guys can enjoy it too!!

12. redgreeklegend on November 7, 2010 at 1:45 pm

If those are the parts of a throat, then what is the exhaust manifold doing there in the photo? As a matter of fact, I can see a small valve, maybe a piston too…where are the camshafts?

I googled “package of throat” with safe search off (as always). Don’t try this, especially women.

13. melmclaughlan on November 7, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Yay I finally registered here to comment on your blog! :3 Anyway, I really had a good laugh at this, and for some sick reason I have that picture of “throat” sitting pretty on my iPod Touch. (:

14. ammya on November 7, 2010 at 10:51 am

hahahahahah xD!!! troaht???? 0.0

15. lpgirl4565 on November 6, 2010 at 2:20 pm

lmao!!!! throat lolz

16. Hatake Ichigo on November 6, 2010 at 8:44 am

T-Throat ?
    Is this for real or what ? XD

17. lpgal9000 on November 6, 2010 at 1:30 am

LOL wha?? XD

18. nephthysphoenix on November 6, 2010 at 1:02 am

Well that’s…yeah

19. haw13200 on November 5, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Hahahaha Be sure to tell Denver whenever you decide to come back to CO =]

20. lprise on November 5, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Please Check out my new Numb Piano Cover :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSI_eG9NK2M

21. kayleighmaijala on November 5, 2010 at 10:21 am

Reminds me of when I justified using Google Translate to speak Icelandic words as if I was learning the language. Never a good idea. At least now you know it means granola:
    MARVI8 ON NOVEMBER 4, 2010 AT 2:58 AM
    hi mike!

I know you’re always looking for good music, check this channel (but especially this song) out. Zeds Dead is pretty sick with the rhymes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AQr06ZUlR0

22. ness429 on November 5, 2010 at 10:14 am

LOL! Thanks for the laugh, Mike!

23. thomasbrablec on November 5, 2010 at 7:48 am

“Throat?” Ugh!

If you come to Brno in the Czech Republic and let me stand really close to the stage, I’ll get you a lot of “throat,” hahaha!

Something tells me that Brad would make a list similar to this one.

24. larissaevelynrm on November 5, 2010 at 6:39 am

I as a fan would love to get a piece of the throat that you threw in the audience.
    haha sick!

So I’m not the only one that uses google translator here.

= P

kiss!

LarissaEvelyn15@hotmail.com , brasilian.

25. galinmitev on November 5, 2010 at 6:15 am

YOU MUST SEE this awesome “Wretches And Kings” Video! :

26. thegluelpfan on November 5, 2010 at 4:49 am

Lol wow…compared to other celebrity demands list yours looks like…something totally normal? :D I mean how insane is it that you want towels and food? :D LMAO it would be great if you could post some pics of the hangers

27. normlevy on November 5, 2010 at 4:31 am

Well, if you see how Google “Voice” translates audio english to text english its not a surprise that this Hebrew to English translation is a bit “off”

They were actually praising your rider versus most others:-)

Norm
    Lead Shouter
    http://ShoutOmatic.com >>> Shout Your Status Updates so we can HEAR you!

28. oceanebelgique on November 5, 2010 at 4:17 am

Hahaaahaaa , n’importe quoi vraimment .. Les gens sont vraiment fou ou encore dingue :-) Je parle pas anglais , mais je le comprend tres bien ( google traduction ) MDRRR :p Enfin bon tout ca pour dire qu’elle fait flipper la race humaine !

29. neoshida on November 5, 2010 at 2:44 am

Funny one Mike… Mike, I hope someday you will release a SOLO album. Not like Fort Minor or other stuff. Just Mike Shinoda + music… It will be awesome dude… =)

30. hadarmoses195 on November 5, 2010 at 2:18 am

I’m from ISRAEL,
    and I read that piece..
    It says that U have decent and modest reqests , not like other artists who performes here..

And about that “package of throat” thing,in hebrew they wrot “gerona” or “garona”..
    There might be something eatable you know named “gerona”?
    cause that’s not exactly how we write “throat” in hebrew..
    Well that means “her throat” and that makes no sense XD
    hope U read it !!!
    ISRAEL ♥ YOU !!!
    WE REALLY DOOOO!!!

31. aline4lp on November 4, 2010 at 10:43 pm

That’s really funny, thanks for sharing it Mike
    I’m waiting for more tour pics, maybe from Frankfurt ;)
    I was at that concert in the first row, it was really awesome!!!
    Can’t wait to see you guys live again…

32. zahralp on November 4, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Hahahahaaaa omg , lmao!!!!!

That was sooooo unique !!!!

Throat?!
    Lol
    Ps: zahra ,returned London tickets cuz of a family issue and is having a really bad time thinking she missed her chance,
    Her dream is on hold for now :(

Btw I’m listening to a song called rock and roll linkin park features in it and chester sings the sweetest thing “nothing i can say or do will take away what I’ve been through” :)
    How come I’ve never heard about this song before ??

33. jaychou123 on November 4, 2010 at 10:00 pm

mike you need to bring Street Drum corp on LP’s usa tour next year so they can come on during “When They Come For me”

34. Olla Chaz on November 4, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Uhh.. what the..?

35. xjs22 on November 4, 2010 at 4:06 pm

A package of throat… mmm that looks so tasty… throat and tacos would be the ultimate meal ahahahahahahah

God save us everyone, will we drown inside the mucus of a thousand throats?

(kind of nasty, isn’t it?AHAH)

36. Hell_enia on November 4, 2010 at 4:01 pm

HAAHAHA!
    Obviously they don’t know what LP’s about. LP aa a band is not divas. They put weight on sharing music with the fans and not on demanding outrageous things.

Second of all…

Throat…?!?!?!?!? What the heck!?!?!! xDxDxD

Please visit Greece !!!! Pleaaaase!!!

37. lode1989 on November 4, 2010 at 12:46 pm

HOu will have to come to Belgium for the Belgian Wafles…
    This year I went to Germany, Stuttgart to see you live with the other guys.

I paid 192 euro in total. Hotel+Train+Ticket for the show.
    The ticket for the show was 63 euro, so that means that…

I will pay for (192-63)=129 Euros Belgian Waffles for you guys, if you guys will do a show in Belgium. The booking agents and managers can eat some to…
    Good deal?

38. randoms98 on November 4, 2010 at 12:45 pm

ohh… throat, yummy! My mom once told me that in South America they cook dogs brains. You shoulda asked for that in Brazil, or somewhere else. Eat some brains, then go on stage, walk around with your arms out, and a dead look on your face, then everybody goes ZOMBIES!!!

39. Theleaaa. on November 4, 2010 at 11:35 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA… “Throat?”

40. takumademonreborn on November 4, 2010 at 9:26 am

looks like internal organs

41. linkingabo on November 4, 2010 at 7:47 am

I bet this is Brad´s list.. :D:D

42. cincybmxlpfreak on November 4, 2010 at 7:32 am

Lmao! “Throat?” Lol!

43. robann on November 4, 2010 at 7:22 am

very funny !! but so stupid too !

“package of throat” : can be throat lozenges (or of candies)?

44. fatimalp on November 4, 2010 at 6:40 am

this is funny hahaa

45. evooba on November 4, 2010 at 6:26 am

Hahaha! I can’t believe I mentioned this on your previous post and now you are posting about it xD LOL Simply hilarious :D

46. shugahcolby on November 4, 2010 at 5:45 am

Yummy :(

47. illegalou on November 4, 2010 at 5:39 am

This is just… extra XDD
    “Lite: odorless toilet paper.” 路人甲: Remi Gaillard rocks ;)

48. monkpredator04 on November 4, 2010 at 4:56 am

49. aravind221 on November 4, 2010 at 4:43 am

why dont they add scooby doo van , cookie monster , mike and crew in astronaut suits Rofl this is hilarious XD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

50. stasteff on November 4, 2010 at 3:52 am

I knew it! Rock Stars? Princesses that’s it! ;)

51. marvi8 on November 4, 2010 at 2:58 am

hi mike!
    i’m from israel… and it is funny!! but the real translate of this is granola…. LOL :)
    i’m really waiting for the show!!! thank you so much for coming to israel and make my dream come true!!!!!! :)

52. jozzie8 on November 4, 2010 at 2:48 am

Hey Mike, I also read that article from Lplive and was just wondering how many of those things are true?

53. 路人甲 on November 4, 2010 at 2:03 am

idiot, obviously the actual meaning should be “lozenges”. x
    Mike believe me, this is much funnier than throats=]

54. anaaugustalp on November 4, 2010 at 1:32 am

I think the other guys, they hide these things from you. You could also request a pool of colored balls. (Sorry, I’m laughing here!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!)

55. chiragddude on November 4, 2010 at 1:14 am

I think they missed out on diamond studded watches and special antique new tech lcd tv’s u want them to gift you !!! :D

56. Julian on November 4, 2010 at 1:05 am

I think you need extra throats for backup during the show, in case you and Chester’s own ones went wrong.
    And 100 towels, you must be putting up one hell of a water fight.

57. chelseasw3 on November 4, 2010 at 12:50 am

A package of throat… lozenges? Maybe? It could have been of these absolutely nonsense Google translations ;) Just in case you get a sore throat :) You never know what could happen when you’re on tour :D
    As for food for eight days… OMG in case you’re trapped in your dressing rooms, which leads us to the conclusion that 124 towels are undoubtedly necessary to make a rope in order to escape :) Logical, isn’t it?

58. tinalein76 on November 4, 2010 at 12:28 am

Oh you’ve never read something crazy. This is funny :)

59. slblue78 on November 3, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Good morning!
    yesterday i read the original article – and i had to take my dictionary to translate “package of throat” – and i thought: ewww… damn… what are they doin?!?
    now – i hope to see you soon again!
    have fun!
    bye.

60. dorito82 on November 3, 2010 at 11:43 pm

haha I think I lost my appetite with that throat thing tho! What kinds of things are usually on LP’s rider? I would imagine coffee being at the top of the list!

61. gosiapyrek on November 3, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Hi Mike! All Linkin Park Polish fans are glad to say that in 2 days we’ve got 600 people (and more) who joined our petition called “Petition! LINKIN PARK IN POLAND!”. Me and my fans-friend would like to show you our grup! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_138012172918424&notif_t=group_r2j#!/home.php?sk=group_138012172918424&ap=1

Thank you really much!
    Greetings from Poland and have a nice day!

62. cctjehh on November 3, 2010 at 10:09 pm

eeew Mike, I wouldn’t have mind if you let the throat thing ;x
    but I am sure the bee colored towels will help you guys to do a great show ^^ As for the 124 towels… if you throw them all in the crowd I wouldn’t mind :P

63. deryya on November 3, 2010 at 9:45 pm

The throat looks quite delicious! which one of you guys ask for it? when your in Australia, you can have Vegemite! :D

64. stormrider00 on November 3, 2010 at 9:39 pm

You should ask for a personal game console in the locker rooms lol.

65. boger7lp on November 3, 2010 at 9:22 pm

do not know why some people ask stupid things so eccentric
    I would not ask for anything and would come to know the good in every place where I submit

COME TO MEXICO

66. pinguninjitsu on November 3, 2010 at 8:40 pm

I loled fur realz! Totally made my day better, thanks =D there was some epic fail that just happened, so I was slightly =( but I was throughly amused with this… “package of throat” I’m still pondering that. Also, “so they can see the twinkling in the dark suspension” is winsauce.

67. zxcvbnmj32 on November 3, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Hi I am an Israeli
    I can tell you with certainty
    Not written Throat
    Google’s translation weird …
    What it really says
    This “package of granola”
    lol

68. souneik on November 3, 2010 at 8:03 pm

“Package of Throat” (Code for Pron)
    “Personal rooms of the band (Code for Pron time)
    “100 towels and 24 black and yellow, hung on special racks made of metal and gold, so they can see the twinkling in the dark suspension” (hahahahahaha)

Oh no wait, The towels are for the sacrificial killings.

69. melbapinckney on November 3, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Ewwwwwww, package of throat, come on, they got to be freakin’ kidding me. I hate writers who make stories up. Mike, they are making you and LP look like butch of prima donnas. I know you guys aren’t like that. This a good one and thank you so much for sharing with us, Mike.

70. willgame4food13 on November 3, 2010 at 6:50 pm

i’ve seen a lot of performers have some damn crazy riders, but this one takes the cake. and by the way, yes, that does sound like its amazing!

71. william250x2 on November 3, 2010 at 5:58 pm

72. Alexandra Nofi on November 3, 2010 at 5:12 pm

I’d like a package of throat to go with my Belgian waffles, please. And a Wonka bar for dessert.

I have this image in my mind right now of you walking into a bathroom where this golden towel rack is, and, like most typical men stopping at gawking at it for the next six hours all mesmerized chanting, “pretty pretty shiny shiny”.

This is not a myth. Men are truly mesmerized by shiny objects. My boyfriend will be walking down the street and see something shiny and have to stop and stare at it. Highly amusing.

73. antje18 on November 3, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Well, I had a backstage tour (via music for relief) in hamburg last week (the show was amazing btw). I haven’t seen “special racks made of metal and gold”. Buuuut I’ve seen two washing machines and a huge bunch of white sox. That was….weir ;). I have seen also a lot of throat TEA BOXES (guess for chester).

74. kluckmeister on November 3, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Wow I’m a big believer in trying crazy foods but I am going to pass on whatever is on that plate in a BIG way.

75. thechesterdean on November 3, 2010 at 4:26 pm

LOL that was funny. Now I wonder what are the things you really ask for backstage xD

76. fairuzdareaper on November 3, 2010 at 4:25 pm

i mean..really?? i didnt know u guys would request such a thing… XD funny!! XD

77. jannipiiin on November 3, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Bwahahaha! xD That’s hilarious! Thanks for putting on an awesome show in spite of the lack of throat and 124 towels on a gold rack! xD

Love you! <3

78. taylorkenji on November 3, 2010 at 3:57 pm

hey mike! send my get well wishes to chaz. I hope his back is healing nicely.

PS: No one eve told us he was a racist!!

79. kathyxx on November 3, 2010 at 3:26 pm

lmao, I didn’t think of checking the source for the original translation. Bad me.

some skeptic I am T_T… i am ashamed now.

80. arselini on November 3, 2010 at 3:24 pm

hahaha WTF XD? Mike if you only knew how many ridiculous rumors people make up about you (the band) …well maybe it’s better that you don’t know ^^’

81. anitazik on November 3, 2010 at 3:19 pm

i am pretty sure that is absolute true

82. bananagabbana on November 3, 2010 at 3:17 pm

what the hell

83. acdalgaard on November 3, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Damn you Mr. Shinoda, now I can’t stop laughing! XD

84. ktacaceres on November 3, 2010 at 3:03 pm

lol so hilarious lol hahahaha

is that Mariah Carey’s rider??? lol

85. nataliaalmeiiida on November 3, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I really wish you get to read this so you’ll the list we saw here in brazil for one thing is far bigger than what you mentioned, it’s like you could feed up an army for a week! and the last and most glorious request of the list is a bucket (yes, I mean it, a bucket) of nutella.
    and I wondered how many children you have and we don’t know to need all those towels or is the touring crew thaaaat big? LOL

so, anyway, take care all of you guys! :D

86. kliope on November 3, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Then we should be getting ready such amount of towels for Madrid if we want a show :)

87. AThousandSunsLP on November 3, 2010 at 2:47 pm

oh my God what’s that thing hahahaha

88. lpfmfan on November 3, 2010 at 2:47 pm

LMAO whoa..well i hope you demand the food for 8 days, you kinda need it xDD

89. EpicLinkinPark on November 3, 2010 at 2:45 pm

LOL, wow. This is pretty hilarious.
    Oh and the Throat package looks more appetizing than “Black Pudding” (I think you’ll know what I mean, since you’re in UK now.)
    Hope all is well with you guys, Take care Mike. :)

Kate

90. agnieszkacholewiak on November 3, 2010 at 2:45 pm

you know what is like: some people do great music and all stuff connected with it and others make up some crazy things about another people and without good reason. ;)

91. rockermeg on November 3, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Absolutely brilliant xD

92. dovingbird on November 3, 2010 at 2:41 pm

As a vocalist, I wholeheartedly agree. There is nothing more important than having a few spare packages of throat backstage just in case something goes wrong with yours.

Careful, though, which one you grab. You might end up with a Bieber replica or something. And as amusing as it would be to hear something from A Thousand Suns in that…no.

-Dovingbird

93. icecold25 on November 3, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I hope someone doesn’t mess up your demands if you come to Romania…

94. nadiabs on November 3, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Oh my God!!LOL

95. keineahnung84 on November 3, 2010 at 2:37 pm

ROFLMAO!!!! that really is hilarious!!!
    a package of throat!?!?!? I just love that lost in translation stuff!!!! I wonder what they really meant, though!
    food for eight days and 100 towels…who comes up with such stuff!? lol

96. milasouza11 on November 3, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

here is my tributee to you!!
    *–*

i’m still puttin on 4shared the video with the original song (the hard way)
    but my net is so slow!! ¬¬’

watch the video! please babyy!!!
    give this gift to me! *–*

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

by:@milasouza11

97. ololoimle on November 3, 2010 at 2:34 pm

natakusiek +100500

98. natakusiek on November 3, 2010 at 2:32 pm

LMAO. there’s no fun without colorful towels, mike.

99. linkinladie328 on November 3, 2010 at 2:32 pm

LOL

100. skuzzybono on November 3, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Oh dam dude :p that has got to make ur bowels “Move Around” lol :)

101. pekigirl on November 3, 2010 at 2:31 pm

ahaha funny xD i loved the racks of metal and gold :b just awesome!!

102. ssjumi on November 3, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Of course you need an extra package of throat, what if you or Chester lose your own ones? Every band always has a few packages of throats backstage. And you claim to be in that business for ten years now…

103. edflinkinp on November 3, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha..! That looks more like a JLo rider, just swap every color for “white”.

People just love to make stuff up.

104. BlackChester on November 3, 2010 at 2:27 pm