First-Ever LPU Summit Starts Today

November 10, 2010

For those of you who are attending The Summit: welcome to London; we hope you have a lot of fun today.  After getting settled, there will be a couple Music For Relief projects, and a football (not the American kind) tournament at Hyde Park.

We decided to keep day one simple, since some people are just getting into town–in some cases they’re coming from far away.   Some of you are meeting up (in many cases, in person for the first time), and planing your own events around the LPU ones.  Great!

Tomorrow will be packed full of events, including opportunities to check out a tour bus, take photos on our stage, win signed stuff, and jam on the band’s instruments.  I’m putting this guitar out there for you guys to play:

We’re also going to be sitting down with you guys for a while tomorrow, and we’ll be signing stuff for the entire group.

We hope this is the first of many great events for the new LPUnderground.  To join the LPU, go here:

1. galinmitev on November 27, 2010 at 10:35 am

Hey,
    Hey, Mike I think you’ll like the “Wretches And Kings” Video that I made:

2. jpkaukonen on November 15, 2010 at 11:28 pm

3. shizl on November 15, 2010 at 9:06 am

can i ask….
    when LP will come to Ukraine at last??????
    we are really great country and here for LP waiting thousend fans!!!
    Welcome guys!!!

4. jmusicalmorphine on November 14, 2010 at 6:31 am

I was at the first London show, 4th time seeing you guys and i was second row and nearly crushed to death the whole night lol, but loved every minute. Every time i think you guys are drifting out of my life i go to a show and you suck me back in! I was wishing I had gone to the second show and summit though because it looked twice as epic!

5. crawlinggirl on November 13, 2010 at 3:23 am

Hope u made a Summit next year again. It was to short to book a flight to London. But Next time…!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. jozzie8 on November 12, 2010 at 6:32 pm

I wish I could be there.

7. lode1989 on November 12, 2010 at 4:44 pm

When my LPU9 account is almos tover, I will redeem for LPUX.. or if the LPUX is with the package for the new year. I will redeem immediatly.

8. joesfan007 on November 12, 2010 at 12:42 pm

i just agree with thegluelpfan, i will be able to come to the summit🙂
    i was on your live show in austria, linz
    i just can say….thanks mike for beng alive!
    i’m just your biggest fan, you’re awesome!
    and PLEASE upload some more stuff fom the summit!
    yours,
    sofie

9. takumademonreborn on November 12, 2010 at 11:44 am

hey mike…i hope some of you guys go to south east asia…maybe the philippines…you got alot of fans here too

10. cctjehh on November 12, 2010 at 9:11 am

I really really hope you will do a summit in germany, especially when it’s in Hamburg there’s a good chance I can come (I’m dutch but have family in Hamburg) but I think the next summit will be in america (:
    anyways I can’t wait for vids etc. of the summit, a friend of mine played faint with you on stage ;D❤

11. thegluelpfan on November 12, 2010 at 8:51 am

From what I heard it was awesome…will do one again like next year?I’ll make sure to come even if I have to walk to get there😀

12. linkinparkgiss on November 12, 2010 at 7:46 am

MIKE CHECK IT VIDEO PLEASE!! IS A SPECIAL VERSION OF WAITING FOR THE END!! VERSION ARGENTINIAN!!! PLS CHECK IT!!

13. robann on November 12, 2010 at 4:49 am

hello!
    I wish you good courage for the continuation.
    does work of restoration advance well?
    I will have liked to take part but… it will be by the thought, for the moment.^^
    i wish you a plaisant day.(days)
    kis

14. linkin73 on November 12, 2010 at 3:55 am

Came to the gig on the 10th & it rocked, went to the Summit which was cool, it was great to meet you all, it was cool to shake your hand, there was a few who shook your hand but i was the big guy who you thanked for coming, so thanks for that.

Hope Linkin Park come back to the Uk soon and play the 02 again, i’ll happily come see you play live again.

15. haw13200 on November 11, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I wish I could be there…. Love you guys anyway lol. =]

16. thomasbrablec on November 11, 2010 at 1:12 pm

You have no idea how jealous I am. These is the second most terrible Linkin Park news that I’ve heard in 2 years. The first ones were when you played in Brno, Czech Republic (the only time I had a chance to go watch your show) and I didn’t get a chance to buy tickets. This is the second time when something so awesome is so far away from me.
    At least the LPU members can enjoy it, so ENJOY IT!
    Linkin Park for life!🙂

17. soxmandan on November 11, 2010 at 7:18 am

oh man, i REALLY wish i could go, my first time being an LPU annual member and I couldnt make it to this event, depressing lol

18. AThousandSunsLP on November 11, 2010 at 5:34 am

good luck guys! you rock!

19. souneik on November 10, 2010 at 8:56 pm

…Nihongo wo …. me na ku te mo …so close yet so far. ~dies
    Dammit, I wanna go… I mean Hi.. eh heh .heh

20. lpgal9000 on November 10, 2010 at 7:19 pm

I wish I was going!! >.<

Have fun you guys🙂

21. melbapinckney on November 10, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Sounds great! Yeah, I was thinking about you and the ‘The Summit Event’ all day long today. Wondering how it’s going. Glad you keeping us posted on it. I hope to meet and talk to you someday at other events. Hopefully Someday!

22. milasouza11 on November 10, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Mike
    I didn’t know that your wife’s birthday (nov 07) is one day after mine (nov 06).oO i’m perplexed with this information.
    I DID A TATOO OF YOUR FACE ON MY BACK!! \O/\O/
    In fact, i never thought to do a tatoo — NEVER thought in my life about it.
    But after show of linkin park in BRAZIL, i felt the necessary to do something different to show you, how much i love you.
    I can’t put the video and the pictures in internet, cause my boss can’t know it! hahaa
    i made a video as tribute to you..watch

I LOVE YOU!
    by:@milasouza11 – from BRAZIL

23. bananagabbana on November 10, 2010 at 6:14 pm

yay im going!

24. miggyjaggy on November 10, 2010 at 5:03 pm

At this very end of thingies, you don’t need to come back. Not anymore. I’m tired enough ’bout you. Just go.

25. galinmitev on November 10, 2010 at 2:49 pm

See this AMAZING “Wretches And Kings” Video please:

26. mercenary18 on November 10, 2010 at 2:25 pm

wow this sounds incredible! wish i culd be there! Mike i really hope there’s another LPU Summit in the US..preferable in CA =) to all who are going, Lucky!!! and have a great time! have extra fun jus for me ^^

27. randoms98 on November 10, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Have fun at the summit! I wanna play that guitar so bad… If people got the wrong message from that photo of you, I sure Chester’ll have your back. lol!!! As for me, Im’ma have to stay in Linkin Park Aboveground. That last one was corny, but slowlearner32 thought of it first… no offense.😉

28. 3infinity on November 10, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Damn tat PRS is nice

29. Alexandra Nofi on November 10, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Enjoy the summit! I’m sure it’s going to be a lot of fun for everyone!

30. melmclaughlan on November 10, 2010 at 9:17 am

Yeah, I’m trying to get an LPUX membership for Christmas. I would have loved to have come! You should make these LPU meet ups more regular… Like for example, chart another one in London next year! And I am sure LPU members will treat your guitar with care… Otherwise, they should be banned for life. (:

31. Xenith on November 10, 2010 at 9:09 am

I wish I could get out of work to come. Oh well, I dropped by to show you this… Its very 8bit rebellion😀

32. larissaevelynrm on November 10, 2010 at 8:41 am

Beautiful guitar Mike, love the blue that came with it in Brazil. Gimme an LPU Christmas? *___*

33. cincybmxlpfreak on November 10, 2010 at 7:37 am

Ughhh!! I’m soooo f***ing jealous! I was really trying to go…we just don’t have the money, though.😦 Going on stage and taking pictures and meeting you guys, and playing YOUR guitar (whose paintjob I LOVE)!?! *sigh* That’s only my dream. But really…I think the most epic thing would be to walk onto your guys’ stage. That’s something I hope for every day is to call a stage as massive as the ones you guys play on my own….:-/ Well…have fun at the Summit everyone.

34. jpkaukonen on November 10, 2010 at 6:53 am

I cannot wait to see you.🙂

35. dovingbird on November 10, 2010 at 6:31 am

You are a brave, brave man letting people play with your guitar, my good man. It’s beautiful. No telling what it’ll look like at the end of it all. >3

Sounds like you guys’ve got something good going on. The rest of us languishing away elsewhere will go cry now.

-Dovingbird

36. widya rahayu on November 10, 2010 at 6:30 am

@ slowlearner32: May i join you at the Linkin Park Aboveground?

37. gisseleliana25 on November 10, 2010 at 6:29 am

i just want to cry… I love that guitar!!!! But well… I wish GOOD LUCK TO THOSE LUCKY GUYS!!!!!!!

38. Rayan Lenox on November 10, 2010 at 6:27 am

I hope all of you will have great time these days. And I also hope this is not the last time LP is having summit like this. I wish I could be there. Well, maybe next time. Have fun =)

39. kliope on November 10, 2010 at 6:11 am

Have fun! I wish I could have gone but I was so late reading the news and no time for planning! I hope you do more events like this!:)

40. yelsaw on November 10, 2010 at 6:05 am

Sooo excited about tomorrows Summit. Saw you guys last thursday in Manchester and it was an amazing night the third time iv experienced LP. And now im travelling down tomorrow morning to the O2 to get behind the scenes of the LP tour, it will be great and im keeping my fingers crossed to win a meet & greet!

See you tomorrow Mike😀

Oh and cant wait to jam on your guitar!

41. evooba on November 10, 2010 at 5:57 am

I can sense that this will be the best LPU year ever! Unfortunately I can’t come to the Summit😦 At least someone from Greece is coming to represent us. I hope you guys will do something like it again! I sure dont wanna miss it! Have fun😀

42. slowlearner32 on November 10, 2010 at 3:29 am

Alright, let me stay in the Linkin Park Aboveground😦

43. awakedreamer on November 10, 2010 at 2:55 am

Could you stop torturing people that can’t attend the summit please ?😦 . It seems pretty cool , I hope you’ll do other “many great events” in other countries soon🙂.

44. anjalika on November 10, 2010 at 2:38 am

i really wish i could come and i thank you for the invite too which i recieved it today morning..but i can’t come..too expensive for me..can’t afford the trip from india.. 😦

45. zonaheera on November 10, 2010 at 2:37 am

Aahh glad to know that some had fun there. Wish I could have come, but it’s in the middle of my studies (my final year of high school- year 13).

Damn, I love that guitar! -cries- It would have been fun to jam with you guys and to check out a tour bus for the first time, as well as meeting you and the band for the first time as well.😦

Anyways, hope everyone had fun up in London!
    [Funny, but I’m applying to the UK for uni next year, would be great if there’ll be another one soon some time later~ :D]

46. Zara on November 10, 2010 at 2:35 am

Thank you so much for signing my Mike Shinoda Clan flyer and talking with me at the meet and greet last night, it meant so much to me🙂

The show was outstanding, you all sounded fantastic and I loved the video behind the stage really ties A Thousand Suns together.

I hope you’re keeping lego Mike safe!

47. 路人甲 on November 10, 2010 at 2:35 am

OK, you guys have fun, and i have biology test tomorrow. Wish you and wish me luck.

48. franzlebee on November 10, 2010 at 2:34 am

i’d love to be there.. especially when it’s that close to where i live.
    whatever, Have fun!🙂

49. illegalou on November 10, 2010 at 2:31 am

Have fun all!

50. luki9875 on November 10, 2010 at 2:30 am

Have a great time at the summit! I had such a amazing time in Birmingham yesterday… thanks for making me super happy again🙂 back home in Dublin allready😛 see you next time